Clinique Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eye

4.1

Water, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trisiloxane, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

on 4/21/2004 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got this and several other Clinique products GWP sizes from my mom. I thought this looked weird at first, the way it separates, but once I tried it the skeptic was appeased.

It contains dimethicone, which imparts the slip that makes this product so great: though it feels oily at first, it in fact replaces the need for oil and provides the slip needed to remove even waterproof mascara with zero tugging. I expected a residue and found that instead my skin felt soft. It's pricey, but a little goes along way and it's extremely effective. I'll definitly purchase a bottle when my GWP runs out :)

on 4/18/2004 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. It takes off waterproof mascara and lipstain so easily. Everything about it is wonderful... except the PRICE. It's just too expensive for something that just takes off make-up. I have been through about 5-6 bottles of this over the years but I just can't shell out the cash for it any longer. The only way I would buy this again was if I found it at CCO or Clinique comes out with a larger economy size that is cheaper.

I like the child-proof lid and love the lavender bottle. I didn't find it to be greasy (use Andrea Eye-Qs if you want greasy!) but that is also because I wash my face after removing my eye MU & lipstick.

Currently I'm using a L'Oreal eye MU remover, but not sure exactly which one it is because I purchased it in Germany. I'll be looking for a new low-end eye MU remover when I return to the US in August.

UPDATE 7/18/2004: I found a great low-end Eye MU Remover: Jade/Maybelline Special Waterproof! But I found it in Germany and don't know if it's even available in the US and what it would be called. I think the key to it is that it's also a 2-phase formula that must be shaken before it's used. It's a turquoise blue color. The Maybelline one comes in a smaller bottle (125mL) for about 5 euros and is available in drugstore-like stores (Mueller). I'm on my 2nd bottle of it and have sent a bunch of them home to the US so I'm stocked up. Hopefully I'll be able to find it in the US. continued >>

on 4/13/2004 9:53:00 AM

This is a great makeup remover! It takes everything off without tugging or dragging across your skin.

on 4/12/2004 10:16:00 PM

Great product for removing all eye make ups including stubborn waterproof mascura!! I finally found my stable eye make up remover. The price is reasonable but the package really isn't a great choice. THe dispenser like all other Clinique toners...very easily to spill out the whole thing. BUt highly recommended for the quiality of product itself.

on 4/7/2004 9:09:00 PM

My favorite makeup remover by far! Doesn't need to be rubbed too hard over the eyes, and doesn't leave a lot of grease. My trick is to let the cotton pad lay on the eyes for about 5-10 seconds to let the product soak your lashes. Then just wipe gently and it comes right off. Takes off my waterproof mascara effortlessly. No fragrance either! Love it! I think those who usually spend more on Lancome Bi-Facils should try this. I think it's far better.

on 3/28/2004 9:42:00 AM

This is by far the best makeup remover I've tried. It removes all traces of my mascara and liquid eyeliner with minimal rubbing. Also, it doesn't leave an oily residue on my skin. Leaves my skin feeling refreshed. It is, however, rather expensive. Would repurchase after I run out(which is soon) but only if the price was lower.

I purchased the full-sized version on a duty-free spree in Canada. (I need some lemming help!) It's one of the gentlest makeup removers I've ever used: Just a little bit of this formula on a cotton swab is enough to remove layers of eye makeup, including waterproof mascara.

The cons? Although a Clinique lady told me that this product doesn't contain oil, the solution often left an oily residue wherever I used it. This same residue blurred my vision after I removed my eye makeup-- One lippie off!

on 3/9/2004 8:46:00 PM

I used to think this was a great product, but not since I've found better. It leaves too much residue (most of it oily and greasy) after use and at times is not easily removed. It also tended to go into my contact wearing eyes and blur my vision for the next few minutes. It did take everything off easily, but I would rather use something that didn't have so much oil and leave so much oil around the eye area and inside my eye.

on 3/7/2004 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Thoroughly removes all makeup. It's gentle, yet removes everything. Fantastic.

on 3/6/2004 2:17:00 AM

This is the eye, lip makeup remover that I've been using since the first time I was wearing makeup. I remember getting it for freebies at the Clinique counter, and also because it is multi-tasking.
It removes everything: shadows, liners, mascara (does leave a bit behind), lip glosses, etc. For removing eye makeup, I actually liked Lancome's bifacil (which I tried a sample of) better, but not so much that I would spend the extra $... so I guess I'll keep using this one.