September 30, 2014 | 1575 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2004 10:18:00 PM More reviews by piglett

I love this foundation. It sinks into your skin and doesn't settle into your lines. It's not at all greasy. I have oily/combo acne prone skin and think this foundation is great for my skin type. I'm glad it doesn't have any spf or titanium dioxide because that is what causes me to break out (and it's extremely difficult to find a good oil free spf/td free foundation). The ivory is perfect for my fair skin. The price is right at cad $11.50. Finally a decent priced foundation that doesn't cause me to break out! It's a keeper for me, I hope it is for Almay as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2004 8:26:00 PM More reviews by neen1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

It goes on very nicely and makes my skin feel very smooth. Decent coverage, not the best oil absorption. Does not clog my very easily clogged pores!!!! It actually HAS made my skin clearer-it looks better than it has in years!! This is the best skin clearing makeup I have ever used- I even wear it when I am not going anywhere because it feels so good.*Update*: I could not stick with this. Eventually it lost its clearing power after about 2 months. Unfortunately it just melted away. I am now blissfully using Clinique Perfectly Real with great results.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2004 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Breezibre

Eary rewiew I've only used it for two days, the price was fairly cheaper than the others I've looked at, I agree SPF should be involved in it but adding your own is no problem. Covers nicely blends nice into my skin and actually tones it a bit kind of makes my skin not look so pale. AS for helping with my acne I haven't seen results yet, but I can say it hasn't made my face worse, I'll update soon! Definately a good product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2004 9:46:00 AM More reviews by mybrowngouda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I prefer Almay foundations because they have a yellow tint instead of red and they always match my color. I decided to try this foundation seeing if it would clear up a few unruly pimples, nothing serious, but it broke me out worse than I have ever been broke out since I was like 16!! I had only been using it for a week and had a really bad forehead breakout. For some reason foundations that contain salicylic acid break me out worse than regular non-comedgenic makeup. The packaging was horrible also, the lid and the opening caused many messes. I would not recommend this product. I will return to my Almay Skin Stays Clean liquid foundation, which I love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2004 1:13:00 PM More reviews by kara_mia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think I have found my Holy Grail drugstore foundation. Only two minor flaws with this, it has no spf and it could stand to have a greater shade range. Otherwise, I LOVE this. My skin has been getting better because of this foundation combined with my knockoff proactiv solution skin care regimen. This foundation goes on smooth and silky with light to medium coverage. As you wear it, your skin becomes softer and in my case, more even toned! My complexion has also cleared up tremendously without drying. I'm very impressed and will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2004 10:40:00 PM More reviews by tmccray2

This is my favorite foundation. It looks very natural, blends easily and coverage is light to medium. It doesn't emphasize my flaky skin or large pores, and isn't greasy. It holds back the oilies on my combo skin better than any foundation I've ever used (and I've used almost all of them). Like the other reviewers said, the cap sucks. I'm going to write Almay and tell them. Otherwise, it's close to perfect. UPDATE: Now that it's summer, I'm getting a lot of oily breakthrough. Looks like I'll have to save this one for winter use only.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2004 10:19:00 AM More reviews by SabrinaP

I'm giving the packaging quality a 1 becasue I like to apply foundation with my finger. I put my finger over the opening, turn over once to get color on my finger, and apply. Well, the opening of this foundation is too big for that.
Anyway, the coverage is nice. In fact, I've been using this as opposed to my HG Amazing Lasting. It has great coverage but isn't as drying.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2004 9:41:00 PM More reviews by lnajaar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My first couple of weeks with this product were fine. It seemed like a very nice foundation with a beautiful natural finish. However, after wearing it longer, my skin gradually became red with irritated bumps, flaky and itchy. The 5% BHA (Salicylic Acid) was too much for my mild Rosacea. (Opinion is divided on the effect of BHA's on Rosacea) I have more visible reddened capillaries from the effects of this product. One Rosacea expert, Dr. Nase, believes AHA's and BHA's have caused a lot of cases of Rosacea. My skin is trying to recover, but this was a real setback. Oddly, for all the bad effects, Paula Begoun says the PH level of this foundation isn't correct to make the BHA effective in clearing pores. Therefore, it CAN'T exfoliate. The other bad thing about this product is the packaging. The cap is semi-transparent plastic with a gap all around it. Foundation collects inside the gap and stays there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2004 11:55:00 AM More reviews by yunity

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So far, so good! This is an early review, I've only had this foundation for a day, but I just wanted to write about my first impressions. Coverage is medium, they have an excellent selection of yellow toned colors. Texture is not bad at all, it melds into skin fairly well, and the finish is dry, and comfortably so. I feel that it might actually work in controlling my acne!!! I will definitely update more on this later. I even did a half and half face with this on one side and the Almay Clear Complexion compact makeup on the other side, and this one is superior in my opinion--it blended better, covered better, looked more natural, and the final finish was much drier and smooth--the other one just looked like it was going to slide around on me, and it went on patchy and sunk into pores. I have to say that I'm kinda psyched. Another thing that I'm noticing is that half of my face feels a little bit tighter than the other, like when you apply toner, but not an uncomfortable tight, rather, a good "keeping it together" tight. Am I just rambling? Anyways, I like it, thanks mspicky for reminding me about this product! I would give this a 5, but I need more time with it first.