December 20, 2014 | 1646 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Feria Haircolor

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2003 4:35:00 AM More reviews by expira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've heard such horrid tales about Feria but luckily found true love in Cool Blonde--the color turns lighter over the weeks but looks good if you're naturally pale with blue or green eyes. The conditioner is wonderful too--I wish they made a separate tube of it. *UPDATE: my hair turned multi-colored the last time I applied this hair color. Maybe it was just a bad box but whatever--I switched to Garnier.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2003 12:17:00 AM More reviews by KarenCG

I have my hair colored and highlighted at a salon now, but when I colored it myself, Feria was one of my favorites! I used Cherry Cola, and it came out a very natural looking shiny shade.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2003 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used the "brazilian brown" color to try to get that gorgeous golden medium brown shad eon the box. My hair is naturally a dark ashy brown that has a warmd reddish undertone when the sun gets to it. After coloring my hair--I got a dark red shade instead---I agree with the other reviewer that noted that Feria tends to turn red for those of us who have warmer undertones.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2003 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used the "brazilian brown" color to try to get that gorgeous golden medium brown shade on the box. My hair is naturally a dark ashy brown that has a warmd reddish undertone when the sun gets to it. After coloring my hair--I got a dark red shade instead---I agree with the other reviewer that noted that Feria tends to turn red for those of us who have warmer undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2002 10:28:00 PM More reviews by smookitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My fave permanent hair color. Everytime I use it, it gives me better than salon results. I am giving my hair a break with semiperm. Castings for a while, but when I go back to permanent, this will be the only one I use.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2002 9:19:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

My experience with this dye is it had a nice smell compared to other dyes. Felt oily and like it didn't hurt the hair. The conditioner was wonderful. The dye wasn't that great. It didn't give even coverage. I guess its part of that multi tone thing. Really not good though. I got it in a red tone and it did fade fairly fast and turned to a strange brown tone although all reds fade the fastest though. When you get hair dye you want it to change your hair the color it says its going to change it... not just change parts of your hair here and there. If I wanted to add highs and lows I would just foil off my own sections with a different tone. Also no color swatches of how it will turn your hair on the box which is the one thing I like about drug store brands. It was an ok dye, but I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2002 6:41:00 PM More reviews by shamrocked

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

OMG, I'm amazed I'm conscious enough to even review this!

The fumes were just so strong I think Dr. Kevorkian could use this in his bag o'tricks. This has got to be one of the foulest smelling dyes around - I'm VERY NOT-sensitive to anything, yet this had my eyes running like Jesse Owens late for a bus.

Moreover, the coloring capability wasn't as good as I thought, but I *DO LOVE* the fact they give a LOT of it (great for chickies like me w/ hair down to their waist).

I also wasn't too satisfied w/ the conditioner it came with, didn't leave me feeling as 'conditioned'.

All in all, I'd get it ONLY IF there is NOTHING else available. But I recommend to pick up goggles and a oxygen mask first. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2002 2:49:00 PM More reviews by kathryn0604

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried out many brands of haircolor, within the same color family (brown/auburn), and Feria just stinks. It fades within 2 weeks and doesn't have a whole lot of pizazz. I was really not impressed. The only good thing is that they give you a lot of product, which is good if you have longer hair, as I once did. I would definitely recommend other L'Oreal hair color, but not Feria.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2002 2:39:00 AM More reviews by loveuntold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I dye my hair black & I've used Starry Night quite a few times. Although it turns out beautifully, it seems to fade more quickly than most other brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2002 6:44:00 AM More reviews by laalyxx

I have been dying my own hair off and on for at least 10 years and I Love this stuff. It works beautifully. If you have dark hair I agree with the MUA reviewer to go 2 shades lighter than the box to get the color right. I forget the name of the color but it is Number 51. It is a beautiful chocalate brown on me!