L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof

3.7

isodecane - aqua (water) - cera alba (beeswax) - disteardimonium hectorite - carnauba wax - paraffin - alcohol denat. - allyl stearate/va copolymer - propylene carbonate - oryza sativa (rice) starch - polyvinyl laurate - peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone - synthetic wax - dimethicone - propylparaben - 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanedio - dimethiconol - sodium dna. May contain [ /- ci 77492, ci 77499, ci 77491 / iron oxides - ci 77007 / ultramarines - ci 77891 / titanium dioxide - mica - ci 75470 / carmine - ci 77288 / chromium oxide green - ci 77510 / ferric ferrocyanide]

on 10/18/2003 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a good product, one of the better drugstore mascaras IMHO, but it doesn't really make full, lush lashes. I found it made a nice, natural day time look - thick and longer than bare lashes but no nearly dramatic enough for evening. I like that it stays put because I have allergies and my eyes are always watering (which can be disastrous) and it seems to do an OK job of holding a curl (I still haven't found a mascara that doesn't flatten my Asian lashes eventually). Not my holy grail but worth checking out. The only reason I wouldn't buy this again is because L'Oreal tests their ingredients on animals.

on 10/3/2003 12:09:00 PM

Nice to use if a waterproof mascara is needed. Gives me full, thick lashes and is easy to apply. Warning: You may need a chisel and hammer to get it off your eyes.

on 10/2/2003 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This applied like a dream. No clumps, and as I applied, I saw my lashes stretched out before my eyes. It looked absolutely incredible!! No clumps. My lashes are long, defined, and it almost like I was born with them. I have Asian lashes, and if this can do so much for me, it'll probably do a lot more for others. Down side? It smudges easily...just like a non-waterproof mascara.

on 9/23/2003 9:53:00 PM

I love the non waterproof version of this mascara so I had high hopes for the waterproof. It did not give my lashes the same volume at all. I was really disappointed. It does not smear or run but it isn't worth it.

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! Soo much better than any other mascara I've tried (including highend) This waterproof formula works wayy better than the regular formula, strangley enough (to me at least) Gives me full, thick eyelashes without being all clumped together AND it holds a curl after multiple coats, love it

on 9/8/2003 10:22:00 AM

My last review of this was not so positive, but I gave it another try. I must have had a bad tube of something before, because I am loving this. Nice thick, full lashes, minimal flaking. Lasts all day. It is a little difficult to remove, though.

on 9/3/2003 10:30:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have tried all different kinds of mascara from the cheapest to over $30 and this one is the best I have tried in a long, long time!!! No flaking, clumping and great staying power!!!! I recommend this mascara to my friends!!!!

on 8/21/2003 12:08:00 PM

This is the best mascara. It is the only one i stick to. I liek variety so i've bought Dior MaximEyes, Diorshow, Prescriptives so plush, lancome colours and all that high priced stuff...but I will just never use them because not any of them will top voluminous! So just stick to this mascara...i have learned my lesson the hard and expensive way!

on 8/18/2003 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I don't know why I bother trying other mascaras. The "latest thing" doesn't hold a candle to the tried-and-true. This is good stuff. Perfect for holding a curl on my stick-straight Asian lashes. I always to my first coat in wp, then if I want to use regular (Voluminous) do 2 more coats, then a last coat of wp to seal the look. This stands up to 100+ weather. EDIT 8/19/06: I still use this for vavoom lashes. My daily mascara is Maybelline Full and Soft WP. But for extra oomph, I'll throw on a coat of Voluminous on top.

on 8/14/2003 5:42:00 AM

This is the first waterproof mascara I have ever used and I am very impressed with its "waterproof qualities". I wore this at my wedding where I bawled during the ceremony and this was still perfect at the end of the day. Amazing! I kept thinking I had to go fix up my eye make up before the professional photos, but everyone told me it was still perfect. They were right. A very impressive waterproof product!
I have tried the non-waterproof formula, which I think creates a more natural and less brittle look for the lashes. But of course that would have smeared everywhere when I started crying. This formula still creates a dramatic and full look.
I took one point off because it was hard to remove. I had to use Clinique, Nivea and Lancome eye make up removers and there was still mascara left.