L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof

3.7

isodecane - aqua (water) - cera alba (beeswax) - disteardimonium hectorite - carnauba wax - paraffin - alcohol denat. - allyl stearate/va copolymer - propylene carbonate - oryza sativa (rice) starch - polyvinyl laurate - peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone - synthetic wax - dimethicone - propylparaben - 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanedio - dimethiconol - sodium dna. May contain [ /- ci 77492, ci 77499, ci 77491 / iron oxides - ci 77007 / ultramarines - ci 77891 / titanium dioxide - mica - ci 75470 / carmine - ci 77288 / chromium oxide green - ci 77510 / ferric ferrocyanide]

Voluminous regular does a great job at thickening and extending. The Voluminous Waterproof is slightly less effective at giving my thin, short, stick-straight Asian lashes that extra oomph that I'm used to. I would buy the Voluminous regular formula again but will not need the Waterproof. It doesn't wash off as easily at night and makes me go through an extra step. One lippie docked for not giving the same fatness as the regular Voluminous, but if you like the waterproof, it works pretty well.

Recommendation for Voluminous wear: The wand picks up a lot of goop from the mascara in the tube. Wipe off the excess mascara on your wand 2-3 times with some scratch paper and you'll apply very defined and longer lashes. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My favorite mascara yet. It gives me full, long, curled lashes without clumping if applied properly (wiggling the brush as I apply). With one coat I get flirty yet natural lashes, with two or three I can get the dramatic look. And this mascara truly *is* waterproof! I wore it once to a day at the beach and I swear it didn't smudge at all, even though I had been swimming! This is a great mascara and for a pretty afordable price. Try it!

Overall, good mascara. I took off a couple lippies because it's not entirely smudge proof. I got "raccoon eyes" after about 2-3 hours of wearing them. Although on the positive side, this mascara gave me good length and thickness without any clumping. I think I'll pass on this for now until I find a mascara that doesn't smudge! :(

Good basic mascara. Runs a little bit, but better than average.

it's almost a four lipstick mascara but doesn't quite make the cut. I got this as a gift,in Brown-Black, (I always get the blackest shade, but this is an okay colour) but I've seen it around and it's about 20AUD i think. So not too bad for a mascara, but should be cheaper for what it actually does.
The claim is a mascara that thickens without smudging, basically. And honestly, I found it was more of a lengthening mascara than anything else. After a quick swipe on my upper lashes, I found that I got a bit more length, some definition, and a tiny bit mroe thickness. My lashes are average, length adn thickness wise and i expected a bit more volume, or thickness, or that lush look that you see on the ads- basically, all i got were long-ish, spidery andkinda crunchy lashes.
On the pro side, Voluminous Mascara made my eyelashes, longer, more defined, and with a pretty 'fluttery' look about them, but on the downside, i got clumpage, crunchiness, and a spidery effect. Probably wouldn't purchase again, but that's just because there are so many better ones on the market.

Builds lases while staying on during long, hot days.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my favorite drugstore mascara. It doesn't flake off, which is my biggest problem, and it doesn't make me tear. I like it better than Mayb. Volum Express waterproof because it's more voluminizing. This gives pretty fat lashes, and I always do two coats. The staying power is great- smudging minimal, and finish is still soft and smooth.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a good product, one of the better drugstore mascaras IMHO, but it doesn't really make full, lush lashes. I found it made a nice, natural day time look - thick and longer than bare lashes but no nearly dramatic enough for evening. I like that it stays put because I have allergies and my eyes are always watering (which can be disastrous) and it seems to do an OK job of holding a curl (I still haven't found a mascara that doesn't flatten my Asian lashes eventually). Not my holy grail but worth checking out. The only reason I wouldn't buy this again is because L'Oreal tests their ingredients on animals.

Nice to use if a waterproof mascara is needed. Gives me full, thick lashes and is easy to apply. Warning: You may need a chisel and hammer to get it off your eyes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This applied like a dream. No clumps, and as I applied, I saw my lashes stretched out before my eyes. It looked absolutely incredible!! No clumps. My lashes are long, defined, and it almost like I was born with them. I have Asian lashes, and if this can do so much for me, it'll probably do a lot more for others. Down side? It smudges easily...just like a non-waterproof mascara.

Popular Mascaras