December 18, 2014 | 1165 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2003 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Eliz26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My last review of this was not so positive, but I gave it another try. I must have had a bad tube of something before, because I am loving this. Nice thick, full lashes, minimal flaking. Lasts all day. It is a little difficult to remove, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2003 10:30:00 PM More reviews by spuds9092

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried all different kinds of mascara from the cheapest to over $30 and this one is the best I have tried in a long, long time!!! No flaking, clumping and great staying power!!!! I recommend this mascara to my friends!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2003 12:08:00 PM More reviews by selina185

This is the best mascara. It is the only one i stick to. I liek variety so i've bought Dior MaximEyes, Diorshow, Prescriptives so plush, lancome colours and all that high priced stuff...but I will just never use them because not any of them will top voluminous! So just stick to this mascara...i have learned my lesson the hard and expensive way!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2003 4:56:00 PM More reviews by ladyz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know why I bother trying other mascaras. The "latest thing" doesn't hold a candle to the tried-and-true. This is good stuff. Perfect for holding a curl on my stick-straight Asian lashes. I always to my first coat in wp, then if I want to use regular (Voluminous) do 2 more coats, then a last coat of wp to seal the look. This stands up to 100+ weather. EDIT 8/19/06: I still use this for vavoom lashes. My daily mascara is Maybelline Full and Soft WP. But for extra oomph, I'll throw on a coat of Voluminous on top.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2003 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Belindalison

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first waterproof mascara I have ever used and I am very impressed with its "waterproof qualities". I wore this at my wedding where I bawled during the ceremony and this was still perfect at the end of the day. Amazing! I kept thinking I had to go fix up my eye make up before the professional photos, but everyone told me it was still perfect. They were right. A very impressive waterproof product!
I have tried the non-waterproof formula, which I think creates a more natural and less brittle look for the lashes. But of course that would have smeared everywhere when I started crying. This formula still creates a dramatic and full look.
I took one point off because it was hard to remove. I had to use Clinique, Nivea and Lancome eye make up removers and there was still mascara left.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2003 7:13:00 PM More reviews by funkykitty

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

My Holy Grail for disco diva lashes. I love this stuff and have bought it for years. I always buy it every month. It's cheap and it works. I use the waterproof version always since all mascara's smudge on me. This gives me long, lush, thick lashes like no other mascara ever has and I've tried them all, cheap to expensive and even that crazy Talika lipocils lash conditioner didn't work. Only this little HG of mine does and I will never stop using it. I use Clinique Take the Day off to remove it since it's waterproof. The only downside is it still smudges when I use on my lower lashes ( but then again, they ALL do) so I have to use either Kiss Me or Lancome Magicils on the lower lashes to prevent smudging on the lower lashes. Or I use this mascara and seal it with Kiss Me. But this gives me the best lashes ever, thank you L'Oreal! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2003 4:12:00 AM More reviews by valeriein

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a must have. I am Asian and had no eyelashes before this product. Beats out Great Lash by Maybelline hands down!!! No need for falsies. I'm looking forward to trying the other mascaras by Loreal.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2003 5:32:00 PM More reviews by lipglassaddict

Oh, have many mascaras I have tried! Love this! This is the only drugstore masacara I will buy. (I also like most Lancome masacaras.) If you hate Great Lash like I do, try this. This is great for thickening and also lengthens my lashes some. You may need to use a quick swipe of the eyelash comb since it is a little thick. If I blast my eyelash curler with the hairdryer for a few seconds before appyling this, the curl holds all day. When I do this, my almost non-existent lashes really stand out! Definitely will keep buying!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2003 10:56:00 AM More reviews by s2kmadam

Every time I try other mascaras, I always come back to this one. It thickens my eyelashes beautifully, and doesn't smudge. I think its better than the more expensive mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2003 3:28:00 AM More reviews by kittencatter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After seeing all the raves for this product, I decided to try it. I LOVE this mascara. I've never really been concerned with my lashes having a curl, but this stuff does the job. It really thickens, and while it doesn't lengthen very much, I use Double Extend's primer before applying this mascara. It wears all day. I think I have found my HG mascara! Also, it doesn't harden like most mascaras do on me. It can get clumpy, but the trick is to wipe excess on the wand off with a tissue. It doesn't flake or smear like Maybelline's Full 'N Soft. All around wonderful product!