August 1, 2014 | 1773 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2003 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Belindalison

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first waterproof mascara I have ever used and I am very impressed with its "waterproof qualities". I wore this at my wedding where I bawled during the ceremony and this was still perfect at the end of the day. Amazing! I kept thinking I had to go fix up my eye make up before the professional photos, but everyone told me it was still perfect. They were right. A very impressive waterproof product!
I have tried the non-waterproof formula, which I think creates a more natural and less brittle look for the lashes. But of course that would have smeared everywhere when I started crying. This formula still creates a dramatic and full look.
I took one point off because it was hard to remove. I had to use Clinique, Nivea and Lancome eye make up removers and there was still mascara left.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2003 7:13:00 PM More reviews by funkykitty

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

My Holy Grail for disco diva lashes. I love this stuff and have bought it for years. I always buy it every month. It's cheap and it works. I use the waterproof version always since all mascara's smudge on me. This gives me long, lush, thick lashes like no other mascara ever has and I've tried them all, cheap to expensive and even that crazy Talika lipocils lash conditioner didn't work. Only this little HG of mine does and I will never stop using it. I use Clinique Take the Day off to remove it since it's waterproof. The only downside is it still smudges when I use on my lower lashes ( but then again, they ALL do) so I have to use either Kiss Me or Lancome Magicils on the lower lashes to prevent smudging on the lower lashes. Or I use this mascara and seal it with Kiss Me. But this gives me the best lashes ever, thank you L'Oreal! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2003 4:12:00 AM More reviews by valeriein

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a must have. I am Asian and had no eyelashes before this product. Beats out Great Lash by Maybelline hands down!!! No need for falsies. I'm looking forward to trying the other mascaras by Loreal.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2003 5:32:00 PM More reviews by lipglassaddict

Oh, have many mascaras I have tried! Love this! This is the only drugstore masacara I will buy. (I also like most Lancome masacaras.) If you hate Great Lash like I do, try this. This is great for thickening and also lengthens my lashes some. You may need to use a quick swipe of the eyelash comb since it is a little thick. If I blast my eyelash curler with the hairdryer for a few seconds before appyling this, the curl holds all day. When I do this, my almost non-existent lashes really stand out! Definitely will keep buying!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2003 10:56:00 AM More reviews by s2kmadam

Every time I try other mascaras, I always come back to this one. It thickens my eyelashes beautifully, and doesn't smudge. I think its better than the more expensive mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2003 3:28:00 AM More reviews by kittencatter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After seeing all the raves for this product, I decided to try it. I LOVE this mascara. I've never really been concerned with my lashes having a curl, but this stuff does the job. It really thickens, and while it doesn't lengthen very much, I use Double Extend's primer before applying this mascara. It wears all day. I think I have found my HG mascara! Also, it doesn't harden like most mascaras do on me. It can get clumpy, but the trick is to wipe excess on the wand off with a tissue. It doesn't flake or smear like Maybelline's Full 'N Soft. All around wonderful product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2003 12:56:00 PM More reviews by longhorngirl

This stuff really does the job to thicken and make my lashes ultra luscious, but it isn't the greatest to set my curls. It's okay to good, but my illegal lengths is much better. But as a thickening mascara, this is absolutely perfect.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2003 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Fhorn

EEEWWWW!! This is so clumpy and thick when applied. I much prefer full n' soft waterproof.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2003 10:43:00 PM More reviews by theman

Wow, I know I've tried Voluminous once before on my long search for THE MASCARA, but this time, I'm really impressed! This mascara holds a curl and doesn't smudge at all, which never happens for me. Applying straight from the tube will lead to horrificly clumpy lashes. I've found that if you wipe down the wand, (hold a tissue around the wand and press, press, press), then apply, you get beautifully separated lashes and can build on volume without any clumping. I don't feel guilty at all about wasting most of the mascara on tissue b/c it's so affordable, and most mascaras go bad before I can use them up. This may very well be my holy grail mascara!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2003 11:56:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

My favorite mascara for years. Lengthens, thickens and holds the curl on my fine, stick-straight but long lashes. Doesn't flake and smudges very little to not at all on me. Will clump and go on wet but I wipe down the wand and this eliminates the problem.(I have to do this w/ all mascaras I've tried, though.) Easily accessible and the price is decent so I don't have a cow everytime I pitch one. Decently waterproof--holds up to sobbing, allergies, humid summers, contact lens problems. I've tried tons of mascaras but keep going back to Voluminous waterproof.