Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

I've had this a while and I can never get the damn thing open when I want to. It's a metal tin and I must split my nails on to pry it open. I just used it prior to writing this and YUK! It smells rank! Was too tart and not a sweet lemon scent when I first bought it. I like a lemon smell like Watkins Lemon Cream hand lotion--more like a lemon meringue pie. This was more like lemon pledge or my lemon oil I put on my diningroom furniture, maybe Joy dish detergent? lol, enough with the smell.
I prefer nail oil. It's messier, but works better. I'd think Chapstick would work better than this stuff

This works somewhat well on my painfully peeling cuticles. I have never been a "nail upkeep" person. So in return, I have painfully peeling cuticles that are really red. The scent of this Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream is quite strong but very "citrusy." The tin is cute, but hard to open.

I didnt see a difference at all. my cuticles were still dry and peeling off and hurting. Sally Hansen cuticle + nail oil works alot better.

on 2/22/2007 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was given this as part of a gift set and I do like it. I like the lemon butter scent and I think it does a fine job at moisturizing my cuticles. This isn't a wow product for me, and I'm not sure that another cuticle cream isn't better. What I do like is the tin and the balmy-ness of the product. It's travel ready and lasts forever. I don't think I would run out to purchase this product (if I ever ran out of it) but I wouldn't turn down it down either.

on 2/18/2007 2:34:00 PM

I love it. My grandma let me borrow hers while we visted them. The scent won me over! It is amazingly lemonly. I hate painting my nails (to much effort and such) but I put this on every night and every morning and my nails look clean and healthy!

on 2/13/2007 10:01:00 AM

Great product. I keep this in a drawer near my sink so I can put it on after washing dishes. I love the smell too!

on 2/12/2007 8:23:00 PM

This cuticle cream works wonders for my cuticles and hangnails. This is one of my staples- it has a pleasant lemon scent and comes in a small travel-ready tin.

on 2/11/2007 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Amazing stuff. I actually don't use it on my cuticles - I don't really need it - but during the winter my knuckles get incredibly dry, cracked and flaky. I slathered on some of the cuticle cream at night and literally within a day, my knuckles were smooth and soft. A bit greasy, but what do you expect? Definitely worth it.

on 2/10/2007 9:57:00 PM

This is a great product to have around if you have dry, ragged cuticles like I do. I have been a fan of BB's lemon cuticle cream for years, and honestly, still have not made it through the sample size jar I got. So, this stuff will last ya forever, and make your fingers look and feel pretty and soft. Another bonus of this stuff is that it smells great!

on 2/8/2007 1:07:00 AM

I got this b/c I read on the nail board that some people use it to soften their cuticles so they can be cut with a cuticle trimmer a little easier. So that's why I bought it. My cuticles are in the way, gross, and I had always cut them dry and it looked messy. Plus I ended up with sores. I massage this into the cuticle and let it set for 10 mins or so then cut the cuticles off. Maybe if I just soaked my fingertips in hot soapy water it would do the same thing. The smell of this is repulsive--it does smell like lemon but like lemon pledge...uck.

Popular Treatments