April 19, 2014 | 1758 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Holy grail! Better than any foundation I have tried, including high end. Leaves my face looking flawless & covers old acne scars and dark circles. Over half the time I wear it, I don't even use a concealer. I use this as my foundation & Revlon Nearly Naked as my setting powder. Its the perfect combo for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dear Covergirl. I am black, not gray, not pinkish. Please plan your products accordingly.

(NW50. The Sable in this looked almost precisely like the putty my contractor uses to fix the bathroom.)

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Katie19851

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Just got this yesterday and so far...I hate it. Im a NW20-25 and I got buff beige and its too light for me. I put it on with my real techniques brush after I moisturized and it still came out very dry. Its staying on well but my face looks ashy! I may try it again in the summer when my face gets sweaty and see how it does. But for the price it should be a better of the drugstore foundations!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 3:54:00 AM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Did not like it. I bought it in golden tan. I use mac nc40. It would show my nose pores alot even with a primer. I have oily skin and this foundation made me more oily. I had to return it. I wanted to love it but it was not working for me and it even broke me out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

Cover Girl normally just doesn't do it for me. I normally stray from their section at the drugstore aside from picking up their Lashblast mascaras, but lately I've been hearing so much about this foundation that I could not believe, so I had to try it out for myself. My previous CG foundation experience was not pleasent. My mom loves CG Clean, so she tried to get me to use it...that stuff is evil! I really wasn't expecting much from this, other than the nice quality bottle (it has a PUMP!) and that tacky CG label (seriously, the label on the bottle is preeeety taaaacky, but come on, it has a PUMP!), and the 11.99 pricetag (CVS is so expensive). I got the shade 805 ivory, the lightest color, I believe. I am supppper light, so I normally just wear concealer to hid my ugliness, but foundation is so much easier and hides my entire face. I tried this out for the first time this morning before school, expecting a huge mess on my face, but Lordy this stuff is awesome! I'm sure I'll like it less and less as I use it more. I put on one layer over my whole face using my knock off beauty blender (which I happen to love), and applied a little more over my acne scars. It covers redness and small blemishes very well. Right now, my skin is pretty much clear except for the scars left over from a few years of mild/moderate acne on my scar-prone skin, so I can't vouch for how well this covers active blemishes, but it does a decent job of covering scars. I'd be fine just wearing this to the store or something. But today for school, I applied my concealer (coverblend multi function concealer) on scars and my under eye circles. Does it break me out? Not sure yet. Probably. I have very sensitive skin, so I'd be shocked if it didn't. But a few breakouts here and there aren't a deal breaker. I'll update as I use this more and more. For now, I really like it. Will it make me try more CG products? Nope. I found love with this product, and don't want to ruin it by trying more CG products I despise with every fiber of my being (aside from the LB products...love those).
UPDATE 3/8/13: I've worn this every day this week except Tuesday (sick day) instead of my usual layer of concealer. I'm prettty sure this breaks me out. Nearly positive. So I have to take off a lippie, but I'll keep testing it out. I am so disappointed that this breaks me out (I think), because I LOVE it! Today, I was actually told for the first time is years (by someone other than an 'adult') that my skin is flawless. Not that it looks flawless, but that it IS. I was floored. I mean, I know this foundation makes my skin look awesome, but to have someone other than you tell you that is great. I definitely will keep wearing it because I love how it looks on. I'll still keep trying foundations tough. Next on my 'hit list', I guess, is Almay Clear Complexion and Revlon CS Whipped.
UPDATE 3/28/12: I've been wearing this every single day, and can now happily say...NO BREAKOUTS! I'm keeping it at four lippies though because the lightest shade, 805 Ivory, is too dark for my fair skin. Other than that it's really a lovely product. I just wish CG would realize that not all girls out there strive to be tan-- some of us love our pale skin.
UPDATE 4/9/13: Oh God! Minus a lippie. This stuff is NOT for warm weather! This week in my town has been so hot...okay, 70-80 degees. But this stuff cakes and melts off and looks generally horrid. In a few weeks, it'll be 90-100 degrees here...and this is a no go! Sigh, I guess we were not meant to be. It's a nice foundation for winter/inside days...but Lord. Not working for me right now. The hunt continues.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

Excellent DS formula I am reaching for more and more often. Truly longwearing and lasts easily to the end of the workday. It has a nice very smooth silicon/silky texture that dries quickly to a soft powder finish with medium-full coverage. I definitely feel the "primer" part of the 3-1 formula (primer, concealer, foundation) in that silky texture and in a good way. It is not a "natural" foundation, also in a good way, in that you clearly look polished and finished but just made-up, not lacquered on. I actually prefer smoothing with my hands because of that primer-like feel and then I blend with a dry flat-top brush. I wear 842 Medium Beige on my light tan Asian NC30 skin. It dries ever-so-slightly dark and is perfect on my winter skin. I will need to go up one shade for summer and I will definitely buy the darker shade! Worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by crayonmonkee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG if you havent bought this yet go out there and try it. this is very matte just how i like it. cover girl did good. im usually oily by the end of the day during my work hours...using revlon color stay,estee lauder double wear, MUFE HD, but this NADA! matte as all shit even by the time i get home ot wash it off and its not hard to take off llke revlon color stay.. just use make up wipes and boom ur good. love love love

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by eyelean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am so sad. I rushed to wal-mart yesterday after having read and watched amazing reviews to buy this. I purchased the color "medium beige" (i am an NC 35 in MAC and 127 in MUFE) which looked closest to my skin tone. This morning I applied it and it looked amazing!!! For reference, I have oily and acne-prone skin with moderate acne scarring and this gave me that air brush look that I could never achieve from my MUFE, MAC Studio Fix, Colorstay, or Este Lauder double wear. It covered up all my imperfections and redness with one layer! The color wasn't an exact match it was a little off too pinkish and you could tell the difference from my neck and face but I figured a little powder and bronzed will fix it WRONG! At about 2 p.m. (6 hours after application) my skin looked waaaay tan and the difference was waaaaay noticeable! However, it looked flawless still and shine free like I had just applied it, which I have never experienced!! So after work I figured I'd try the shade lighter that didn't have such a pink undertone which was "nude beige". I rushed home cleaned off my face and tested this out and guess what? It's WAY too light! Sooooo I'm sad because this foundation truly delivers and it would be my HG if the color selection was better. If you can find a color that matches you I am so jealous!! So, if you have a yellow undertone and are a NC 35 ish, let me save you the heart ache. Don't go buy it. Other than that this is a very good foundation, but now I gotta return both :'( <\3

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by drawkcabackward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation overall, the only reason I'm taking off a a rating is because it made me breakout like crazy. The finish of this is really beautiful and although the shade I picked was a little too light for me, it did oxidize a bit during the day and fit me almost perfectly (as perfectly as a foundation has ever fit my skin tone, anyway). The finish of this is very matte and I always use the Rimmel Stay Matte powder over foundations, but for this, I felt like I could skip it. It comes in a lovely bottle with a pump (a HUGE plus, considering most DS foundations usually don't) and come in a wide selection of colors. I'm more yellow/olive toned and I find this entire line tends to run more pink, which is why I gravitated for a lighter color. The only thing to beware about this however is that it does emphasize dry patches and areas. Make sure you moisturize well before you use this foundation. Besides that, it has good coverage but people who are acne-prone like me should be careful about using this product as well. I wish I could use it!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by pishtosh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this and wanted to love it so much! I have quite oily skin that's prone to breakouts and this sounded perfect for me. I was able to find a good colour match and I love the pump packaging. Even though my skin is oily, I found this foundation made my face look really dull and flat. Something about the coverage was not flattering on my face. I also found it drying to the point of being uncomfortable to wear - it felt like it sucked all the moisture out of my skin and made it feel kind of itchy and tight. Lastly, and very unfortunately, it gave me a pretty severe cystic acne breakout. I feel as though this came from the foundation being so drying, it really threw my skin out of whack. I'm left with several dark acne scars. With so many positive reviews, I'm so disappointed, but way too scared to give it another try. Back to the drugstore it goes.