April 24, 2014 | 1924 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by lnb4563

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

BACKGROUND INFORMATION: My skin is mostly balanced, though it can become oily toward the end of the day. If it's ever dry, it is around my chin and T-zone. My acne got worse when I got out of my teens, but even now it's what most would consider moderate. Some acne scarring on my left cheek due to cysts that developed, minor redness, slight dark circles under my eyes, one sole fine line under my left eye, and usually a pimple or two. Therefore, in a foundation I look for medium-buildable to full coverage and nice oil control. Easily blendable is a plus. I'm usually the second-to-lightest shade in just about every DS foundation; that was definitely not the case with this.
PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I bought this for around $10 at both Wal-Mart and Target. The first shade, Classic Ivory, I bought at Wal-Mart. The second shade, Buff Beige, was purchased at Target. Easy to find everywhere now. Rather expensive for a DS foundation, but so is the Revlon I'd be using otherwise.
PACKAGING: This part of it is awesome. I love the glass container and pump. Finally, a pump on a DS foundation! What a novel concept! (Really, Revlon, would that have been so hard to do with ColorStay?) By turning the pump, you can also control how much comes out, which is pretty sweet as well.
COVERAGE/APPLICATION/WEAR: I picked up Classic Ivory since that was the second shade, thinking it would work since the second shade usually does. Nope. Way too light. However, it applied flawlessly, made my face look almost as if it were airbrushed, and it still looked freshly applied after 10 hours of wear. I looked ghostly, but the foundation formula was perfect. So why am I only giving it a two? Well, when I finally found the proper shade -Buff Beige- it was like I had bought a totally different foundation! It was impossible to blend, it covered up nothing regardless of how many layers I applied, and it oxidized! Three layers and I still had sheer coverage. The next time, I applied with a brush, though the results I had so loved with Classic Ivory had been achieved merely by using my fingers. Same results with the brush. Honestly, I don't know if I just picked up a bad bottle or what, but I'm so bummed! Classic Ivory was lovely, except it was too light; Buff Beige was a total disaster on all fronts. I MAY rebuy Buff Beige just to see if it was the bottle I had, but I'm getting the results I had from Classic Ivory with the foundation I'm using now, which is WnW's Coverall, believe it or not.
SUMMARY: The Classic Ivory shade gave me the results I wanted. However, when I selected a better match for my skin tone in Buff Beige, the end result was a complete mess! The Buff Beige gave me the opposite results of what Classic Ivory had given me. Buff Beige was difficult to blend, had virtually no coverage, and oxidized shortly after application. Ugh. This saddens me, because I really wanted to love this foundation. It looks amazing on others, but it's a fiasco on my face.
REBUY?: Perhaps to see if the bottle I had was just a fluke, but otherwise I'm afraid I'm going to have to be among the minority here and say NO.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by lnb4563

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by FastKitty99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Glad I tried this before I read the reviews. I have older, more mature skin which is on the dry side. I always moisturize well and apply sunscreen before applying any foundation to my skin so I did not have any problems with the product being too dry. It is very matte, but I find it works great as a concealer, covering the redness and broken capillaries on my ruddy cheeks (from many years of sun exposure). A little dab goes a long way! If you over apply it does cake and look like a mask, so I had to practice a few times to get just the right amount. I love the pump dispenser! I tuck an extra bottle into my purse and touch up at the end of the day if needed. Really covers redness well. I was never a Cover Girl user until I found this product. The ivory shade works perfect for me. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had to knock down 2 points because this foundation oxidizes at least 2 shades darker over the course of an hour. I am an NC42 in MAC and purchased the shade in Golden Tan. Upon first applying it, it's a perfect match, but within an hour I look like an Oompa Loompa. The coverage is fabulous and so is the staying power, but no one wants to turn orange.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Holy grail! Better than any foundation I have tried, including high end. Leaves my face looking flawless & covers old acne scars and dark circles. Over half the time I wear it, I don't even use a concealer. I use this as my foundation & Revlon Nearly Naked as my setting powder. Its the perfect combo for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dear Covergirl. I am black, not gray, not pinkish. Please plan your products accordingly.

(NW50. The Sable in this looked almost precisely like the putty my contractor uses to fix the bathroom.)

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Katie19851

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Just got this yesterday and so far...I hate it. Im a NW20-25 and I got buff beige and its too light for me. I put it on with my real techniques brush after I moisturized and it still came out very dry. Its staying on well but my face looks ashy! I may try it again in the summer when my face gets sweaty and see how it does. But for the price it should be a better of the drugstore foundations!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 3:54:00 AM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Did not like it. I bought it in golden tan. I use mac nc40. It would show my nose pores alot even with a primer. I have oily skin and this foundation made me more oily. I had to return it. I wanted to love it but it was not working for me and it even broke me out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

Cover Girl normally just doesn't do it for me. I normally stray from their section at the drugstore aside from picking up their Lashblast mascaras, but lately I've been hearing so much about this foundation that I could not believe, so I had to try it out for myself. My previous CG foundation experience was not pleasent. My mom loves CG Clean, so she tried to get me to use it...that stuff is evil! I really wasn't expecting much from this, other than the nice quality bottle (it has a PUMP!) and that tacky CG label (seriously, the label on the bottle is preeeety taaaacky, but come on, it has a PUMP!), and the 11.99 pricetag (CVS is so expensive). I got the shade 805 ivory, the lightest color, I believe. I am supppper light, so I normally just wear concealer to hid my ugliness, but foundation is so much easier and hides my entire face. I tried this out for the first time this morning before school, expecting a huge mess on my face, but Lordy this stuff is awesome! I'm sure I'll like it less and less as I use it more. I put on one layer over my whole face using my knock off beauty blender (which I happen to love), and applied a little more over my acne scars. It covers redness and small blemishes very well. Right now, my skin is pretty much clear except for the scars left over from a few years of mild/moderate acne on my scar-prone skin, so I can't vouch for how well this covers active blemishes, but it does a decent job of covering scars. I'd be fine just wearing this to the store or something. But today for school, I applied my concealer (coverblend multi function concealer) on scars and my under eye circles. Does it break me out? Not sure yet. Probably. I have very sensitive skin, so I'd be shocked if it didn't. But a few breakouts here and there aren't a deal breaker. I'll update as I use this more and more. For now, I really like it. Will it make me try more CG products? Nope. I found love with this product, and don't want to ruin it by trying more CG products I despise with every fiber of my being (aside from the LB products...love those).
UPDATE 3/8/13: I've worn this every day this week except Tuesday (sick day) instead of my usual layer of concealer. I'm prettty sure this breaks me out. Nearly positive. So I have to take off a lippie, but I'll keep testing it out. I am so disappointed that this breaks me out (I think), because I LOVE it! Today, I was actually told for the first time is years (by someone other than an 'adult') that my skin is flawless. Not that it looks flawless, but that it IS. I was floored. I mean, I know this foundation makes my skin look awesome, but to have someone other than you tell you that is great. I definitely will keep wearing it because I love how it looks on. I'll still keep trying foundations tough. Next on my 'hit list', I guess, is Almay Clear Complexion and Revlon CS Whipped.
UPDATE 3/28/12: I've been wearing this every single day, and can now happily say...NO BREAKOUTS! I'm keeping it at four lippies though because the lightest shade, 805 Ivory, is too dark for my fair skin. Other than that it's really a lovely product. I just wish CG would realize that not all girls out there strive to be tan-- some of us love our pale skin.
UPDATE 4/9/13: Oh God! Minus a lippie. This stuff is NOT for warm weather! This week in my town has been so hot...okay, 70-80 degees. But this stuff cakes and melts off and looks generally horrid. In a few weeks, it'll be 90-100 degrees here...and this is a no go! Sigh, I guess we were not meant to be. It's a nice foundation for winter/inside days...but Lord. Not working for me right now. The hunt continues.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

Excellent DS formula I am reaching for more and more often. Truly longwearing and lasts easily to the end of the workday. It has a nice very smooth silicon/silky texture that dries quickly to a soft powder finish with medium-full coverage. I definitely feel the "primer" part of the 3-1 formula (primer, concealer, foundation) in that silky texture and in a good way. It is not a "natural" foundation, also in a good way, in that you clearly look polished and finished but just made-up, not lacquered on. I actually prefer smoothing with my hands because of that primer-like feel and then I blend with a dry flat-top brush. I wear 842 Medium Beige on my light tan Asian NC30 skin. It dries ever-so-slightly dark and is perfect on my winter skin. I will need to go up one shade for summer and I will definitely buy the darker shade! Worth a try!