Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/9/2012 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I stopped wearing eye shadow a few years ago because of my oily eyelids, but I wanted to try this palette because I liked the colors and prefer a more natural eye look to begin with. I really like the shadows, they're nicely pigmented, go on smoothly (I don't use a primer or foundation) and blend well, and best of all, they don't slide off my eyelids, disappear, or crease terribly. I do get creasing but it's minimal and only happens after I've had it on for hours, nothing that can't be fixed with a quick touch-up. The lipgloss that came with the palette is too sheer for me, though, and doesn't show up on my darker lips, but the color is pretty and it works with the natural/neutral theme of the palette.

on 2/9/2012 3:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Just like with the first Naked palette, I wish there were more matte daytime options. Blackout is definately the most used option and stays on reasonably well as an eyeliner. The brush that came with it is pretty worthless. The bristles are too loose to hold any product reliably. I would have preferred a lower price with no brush.

on 2/9/2012 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I have had some disappointments in my life but I guess UD Naked tops them all!

For ref. I am NW 15 and BB Porcelain.

It took me such a long time to get this palette and it is not sold in my country. I finally got it the other day and it was like christmas!

But my god, this is the most hyped up palette I have ever bought! I would really want to meet the marketing genious who is working for Urban Decay!

So, first of all.... This palette is way too warm for my fair skin! It just doesn't work.

But I thought I could work through that and started to play with the colours. I put an eyeshadow on my lid WITHOUT a primer and it seemed a bit sheer... All of them.

Then I made some coffee and looked in the mirror and the eyeshadow was creasing like crazy after only 5min. !!!!!!!!! .... And I don't have specially oily lids.

I read some amazing reviews here but no-one talks about creasing?

So it is fair to say that this is the biggest disappointment I have had for a very long time, some of the worst eyeshadows I have tried and they crease.

*tears*

on 2/9/2012 1:41:00 PM

So i bought this pallette through Sephora based on all the reviews and concidering the quality of Naked1 was amazing! When mine arrived, although heavily packaged, a couple eyeshadow pods were floating around in the case. I was able to plop them back in. I have been using this pallette for the past 3 weeks and decided to review it. I am pleased with the color choices, however the amount of fallout with the shimmers is incredibly dissapointing. (and yes I use primers, great brushes..this isnt my first rodeo) I will say that the brush they include is nice and the trial lipgloss is a nice neutral shade. My final opinion on this pallette is that it works best for blending out your final look, not necessarily for creating the look.

on 2/8/2012 11:02:00 PM

So mines arrived broken, shattered, and completely a mess from Urbandecay.com. There was broken, dusty, flaky, cracked eyeshadow all over the inside of the palette and the mess was a total horror.
To make matters worse, UD's customer service is awful and made it so difficult to have it replaced/ exchanged/ refunded( Won't be ordering from them again @ UD online).
But anyways onward with the review of the actual palette. I'm going to start off saying I don't like this more then the Naked original. This one in my opinion is more suited towards nighttime as it has more gray, smokey, silvery metallic, taupey gunmetal shades. People say this has lighter shades then the original but I disagree. The original starts off with 5 light shades then has a contrast going into the darker shades, so it makes it seem like it has darker shades. Naked2 however doesn't have a contrast in shades, it's all similar shades mixed in with each other so at first it may seem lighter but it actually isn't, it's darker and smokier if you swatch them one by one. I reason why I like the original more is because as I mentioned it has more contrast in shades so you can achieve a simple yet natural day look but also darken it for a night look. With Naked2 I feel obligated to the same look of a metallic taupey silver smokey eye which I do not prefer on a daily basis for the daytime especially for a natural look. You don't get as many opinions in achieving different looks in Naked2. I find the name Naked in Naked2 is misleading as it is nothing close to being Naked..So if you plan on only getting one Naked palette, definitely go with the first one unless you prefer a taupey smokey eye daily.

I gave it 3 lippies because the eyeshadows itself are of good quality. The palette is definitely a value with 12 full size shadows & because it comes with a very good sized and practical mirror (even though I don't use the mirrors anyways!)

I took 2 lippies off because I received my palette broken and a mess even though it was packed decently( I notice some eyeshadow pans popping up and out a bit while some shadows are cracked and have a line through them or a missing chunk). They need to work on quality control in making there stuff equally for all of them no matter how high the demand is. Lastly, because it came with a lipgloss and a double sided synthetic eye brush. I don't like lipgloss especially not UD glosses so I felt like that was a waste of my money. Besides it's an eye palette, wouldn't it be more practical to come with a primer? or something else? or nothing at all and lower the price by a few dollars? I also don't like using synthetic brushes for powder products as I find synthetic brushes only good for creams and liquids. The brush is also made cheaply and to be honest I would rather have them not include a brush and lipgloss and just lower the price by $10-$20 because the lipgloss and brush are basically garbage for me..
The new packaging for the palette I don't like either because it's a thin painted tin. It gets nicked, scratched, and dented really easily thus in the end it looks more beat up and disgusting then the original packaging. The painted tin peels and loses color everytime it gets nicked or scratched and the the dents look ugly so it's not a very portable or travel friendly palette. The lid also gets stuck at times when you're trying to close it which feels cheap to me for a $50 palette. The original palette only attracted dust which was the only problem and never really bothered me ( nothing stays perfect forever!).
I put as I won't repurchase again just because I don't think I'll ever get through this one.

on 2/8/2012 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love the sturdy packaging. All I'm going to say is everybody needs one of the N. Palette!

on 2/8/2012 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this palette. When I heard it was coming out I did not hesitate to buy it. I love all of Urban decays eyeshadows. I have the first naked palette, and I feel these two do not compare. Yes half baked is in both, but it is a great gold. For me naked one is kinda my fav, only because I do more darker smokier looks, and naked 2, I feel is more light/medium shades. It does have great colors though, and I do not regret buying it. If I had to purchase both again I would. With naked 2 you can indeed darken up anylook with busted and blackout. Ive heard some people describe busted as a dupe for hustle, but I disagree. Hustle is more matte, while busted is more slightly shimmery. I also feel that busted is more blendable than hustle. My fav colors in naked 2 are pistol, verve, snakebite, suspect and bootycall. I love shimmer. I also like blackout as a liner, and both blackout and busted are lifesavers to darken up my look. If urban decay comes out with a naked 3 next year or after that, I would also buy that too.

on 2/8/2012 7:41:00 PM

I went back and forth on whether or not I should get this palette. I don't own the first one, but I do have most of the colors of the original Naked in other palettes. I also have 5 of the Naked 2 colors in other palettes.

There lay my decision; are the 7 remaining colors worth the price?

YES! I really love Naked 2, and here is why:

I love black out. It works amazing as eyeliner, nice and dark and matte, with the brush included. It can be layered in the outer v, and/ or in the crease to darken any other color for the perfect smoky eye.

Busted is also a great dark ever so slightly plummy color. I love wearing it in the outer corner, with YDK over the lid. They are right next to each other in the palette which makes it convenient for a quick look. I've heard it could be a dupe for huste, so be aware of that if you own the first palette.

The queen of the Naked 2 for me is Pistol- love love love! This color is exclusive to the palette. I love it's smoky gray buttery smoothness. I wear it two different ways- either all over my lid with verve in the crease, or in the outer corner and crease with verve or suspect on the lid.

Snakebite is another great outer corner/crease color, which I usually pair with suspect. It has just the right amount of "oomf" for my eye color to pop.

Tease- another dual purpose beauty for me. I wear this either all over the lid with busted on the outer V, or I wear it in the crease. Love it's matte lttle heart!

Foxy is super flexible and I use it to blend, under my eyebrow, and even under my eyes to hide dark circles.

Bootycall is a sweet light shimmer, great for a very naked but polished look.

Chopper has some fall out, so I pat it over eyelid primer with my finger. This color is one I have in other palettes, and can be a little difficult for me because of the glitter fall-out. It's not as bad as some of Urban Decay colors, but I detest glitter on my face.

I love half-baked. It's another easy color for me to wear, with a little Black Out as liner.

These are all very polished colors, and you really can't do it wrong. The brush is nice if you use the fluffy end to blend, and the flat end as liner. Otherwise you probably have your favorite brushes to use. I loved the sample size lip gloss, very cute and minty!

The palette is very sturdy, the mirror is huge. It is a little awkward in the fact that I have to open it completely or the mirror end tips the case over because it's top heavy. It shuts with a firm click, which also seems awkward because you have to press quite firmly. It definitely feels like you could toss it in a suitcase and expect it to be safe during travels.

If you have Naked 1 already (which I feel like I do because of all repeats in other palettes) you will not be disappointed with Naked 2. It has the added benefit of 3 more amazing mattes to add to the two with Naked 1, and the wonderful Pistol and Verve- YUM!

on 2/8/2012 6:17:00 PM

Love this palette, the colors are well pigmented and last without waring out.

on 2/7/2012 12:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am absolutely in love with this palette. My boyfriend got it for me for my birthday, and I am so happy he did. I have the original naked palette, which for me is great for more dramatic neutral looks (I have very pale skin, blue eyes, and brown hair) but this palette is PERFECT for me for everyday use. I love taupes, and greys and everything that this palette has to offer. I can already tell that it is going to be my absolute favourite palette of all time.

Here is a tutorial/get ready with me video that I did using this palette so you can see the shades in action!

Popular Palettes