July 26, 2014 | 965 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by imeldita22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I have nothing much to say about this product. If you have olive skin like I do, you might want to skip this product and purchase Naked 1 instead. I cannot get this to NOT make my face look washed out. I guess it's the cool colors in it that tend to blend in with my skin tone. For some reason, the shadows are so much harder to pack on the colors to my brush, not sure if it's the product itself or what.

My palette is also scratched, since the case is made out of tin. There's lots of fall outs all over my palette (inside), maybe because of its quick mass production that they've totally forgot about craftsmanship.

My naked 1 wasn't like this at all, and I even purchased it during times when it was so hard to find it at my local Sephora and Ulta. The palette overall is a disappointment for Naked 2 but would have to keep it to use on other people though.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Pakegal

I like this better than the first Naked Palette. There are more lighter colors, which I like. The first palette is harder for me to work with because the colors are darker. I don't see myself having to buy another one of these. I would if I ever ran out but seems like both palettes will last me for years.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by UltraPremiumDeluxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm one of those super cool-skinned palies that a lot of browns turn orange on. As such I had just given up and stuck to a diet of light purples and silvers with black for my eye m/u. Predictably, this got boring. I would feel like mixing it up a little every once in a while but would give up long before finding three coordinating shades of brown. I got the first Naked after the hype wore me down but I could only wear about two of the darker colors in it, and didn't love them enough to justify the price so I sold my palette.

Enter Naked2. I ordered mine as soon as I got the email and received it Monday. By then I'd seen some bad reviews, mostly in comparison to its predecessor. I didn't even open the box until many hours later, but when I did I was very cautiously excited. The whole right side of the palette is made up of wonderfully pigmented rich COOL BROWNS that have enough shimmer to be pretty and workable but no glitter. First time ever that I've been able to do a subtly smokey brown eye look on myself. A+ on the packaging as well.

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by elambie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I jumped on this as soon as I saw it pop up in my email last week. Thankfully I was lucky enough to get one after a few hours of internet server problems and high traffic pages. I was actually really excited that it came so quickly, too. I ordered on Thursday and received on Monday, pretty fast considering I'm all the way in CA and the palette shipped from FL.

I don't have Naked 1, but always wanted it. But after getting Naked 2, I'm questioning whether I really want Naked 1. Lately, I've been looking for neutrals with cooler undertones, which I feel are a lot more difficult to find compared to those with warmer undertones. So, Naked 2 is kind of my perfect palette. It has it's warmer shades and it's cooler shades which is kind of a departure from Naked 1 where there was an overwhelmingly more amount of warmer shades. Definitely in love!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not real sure what else I can add that hasn't been said already, but since I never got Naked 1 and don't intend to now, my take on this is as a newbie to this series starting with 2. Maybe this will help those who aren't sure whether they need both or not, like me prior to actually getting my hands on it. UD ships faster than I remembered, coming from FL to CA in two days via Priority Mail.

I won't rehash the shades as they've been done to death, except to add that there was not nearly as much glitter/sparkle in this as I've come to associate with UD in the past, which is better for those of us who have outgrown that to some degree but don't want to be totally boring. There is still plenty of shimmer here to spice things up, and a few mattes to mix it up as well; one perfect as a liner, one as a highlighter/base shade and one more that falls between the two of those. I like all the shades and can see a use for each and every one of them in various combinations and just looking at the silly thing makes me happy :) They are all plenty pigmented enough for me, and feel like buttah where they apply and blend like a dream. I like the brush too, both ends of it are very useful, soft enough for my needs yet still firm enough to pick up the shadows with ease. I've gone from yes, 'naked' and natural looks with this to full-on smoky eye all in one palette, and I love that. Lasting power is great, especially with a good primer underneath like UDPP, NARS, or MAC Paint Pots or Paints.

The case is fantastic. I love that the tin snaps shut and it is indeed sturdy - it got knocked off my dressing table by accident (about 2 ft before it landed on my chair which is not cushioned) the same day I got it and I freaked out, only to open and discover that nothing broke, thank goodness because I would have cried my eyes out. (I've been a lot more careful with it since then, needless to say!) The bonus gloss is nice too, sheer, shiny and minty, but not overly so, with an nice neutral-pinky tone to it. I'm glad it came with that instead of the UDPP because I can't wear the Original due to allergies, but I have and use the Sin UDPP with this palette which looks really nice and doesn't irritate my lids like the Original. The gloss is on the thin side and not sticky so it doesn't last terribly long for that reason, which is okay. Reapplying won't kill me. Adorable little tube too; easy to keep in a pocket or small bag to carry around which makes me kind of wish they all were available in this size now. The GWP travel size El Dorado 24/7 liner that I got with this from UD's site is pretty nice too, gotta say. It goes well with this as a warm inner-corner highlight shade, but is otherwise too light for me to wear as a liner by itself. Still, can't look a gift liner in the mouth now, can we? :)

I guess my overall take on this is that if you never got the first one you might not need or want to if you get this. I have no desire to myself. Out of the two, which I did extensive research on before buying by viewing swatches, looking at #1 IRL, reading reviews on both, etc., I am very happy I got this and even more thrilled I manged to snag it the first day it came out. That kind of luck NEVER happens to me so I'm just tickled to death about this set. Before this the only real 'naked' palette I had was NYX Champagne and Caviar, which I put side by side and took a pic to compare (in profile & I'll upload here as well -please ignore the blurry shot and fingerprints on the mirrors! I did not know it was going to be so huge of a pic but I'll leave it up anyway.). While that one is pretty good, I like the UD more. There are more shades to play with that all look different unlike the NYX, and they are much softer and easier to pick up, hence easier for me to blend than the NYX. Plus it comes with a brush and the case is made to travel so it's all I need. Not to say the NYX is not good for what it is and the price, but this is better. Then again I expected it to be as UD are known for their e/s. I don't think I've bought a UD set since the old Face Cases (yes, that's how long ago it was and how old I am, lol!) because they usually include uber-bright shades I won't use, the original UDPP I can't use, and/or too much glitter. This is none of those so waiting for this was worth it, and has earned itself the top spot in my makeup rotation which I don't see changing for some time. Based on the price for all you get: the amount of e/s in here, a nice brush, and a gloss, $50 is more than fair as this would be over $200 for all of these individually.

Kinda makes me wonder if I should have gotten N1, now....

9 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by egarrett2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Despite my vast collection of Urban Decay Palettes, I proceeded to buy Naked 2 the first day it was released to the general public. And while I do like this palette so far, it had the potential to be a lot better. This palette definitely has some cooler toned shadows, but not as many as I was hoping. In fact, the first five shadows are warm toned. There are a lot of dupes for the second palette in the original Naked. For example, when swatched, "Hustle" and "Busted" are nearly identical, with "Hustle" being almost just a *smidge* lighter. "Virgin" and "Bootycall" are also spitting images for eachother. Oh, and did I mention that "Half Baked" is in both palettes? That is probably what irks me the most. However! I really am glad I bought this palette, because the second half performs so well and the shades are gorgeous, (not to say that the first half isn't good.) "Blackout" is probably the most pigmented, deepest matte black you will ever come across. Works incredibly as a liner. "Pistol" and "Verve" are great too, probably my favorites along with "Blackout". All of the shades are up to Urban Decay standards, except for one.I am a bit disappointed with "Tease". It looks so gorgeous in the palette, but it is chalky, poorly pigmented, and doesn't blend so well. Ah well, you can't win 'em all. Urban Decay's mattes just don't seem to be up to par with the rest of their shadows, Except for "Blackout" that is. The brush is really nice; I especially love the blending side. It picks up just enough pigment and works wonderfully. I prefer the packaging of Naked 2 over the original. I imagine it will stay nicer longer and just looks prettier. Despite some negatives, I really do love this palette. I would definitely choose it over the original if I had to pick. If Urban Decay decides to make a Naked 3, they need to have more cool tones and better performing mattes. I'd buy that! (Who am I kidding, I'd probably buy it if it was exactly the same as 1 or 2 :D) Happy Shadowing!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by vesper369

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I completely agree with Malloryanne on this palette regarding it being better for women past their 20s. I am 35, and loved UD when they first came out when I was in college. I loved the finishes of their eyeshadows back then, but in recent years their metallic shades have had too much of a "foiled" finish for my taste. I was psyched to try the Naked palette last year because I loved the colors, but I am a SAHM and I just couldn't pull off the heavily foiled finish of those colors. My favorite color in the Naked palette was Toasted, but I returned the palette because it wasn't right for my everyday "natural" look.

I think that the colors and finishes of the shadows in the Naked 2 palette are a lot more subtle - except for Chopper & the matte shades, the finish is more of a shimmery pearl, rather than a metallic foil.

Half Baked was one of my least favorite colors in Naked 1, so I wish that they had recycled Toasted or Buck for Naked 2 instead, but oh well. My favorite colors in this palette are Suspect (shimmery taupe) and Tease (matte mauve).

All in all, this is still not the "perfect" nudes palette for me, but the colors are pretty and unique and I most likely will end up keeping this one.

EDIT: I just wanted to add that I also love the "Naked" Lip Gloss that came with this palette. I prefer getting the gloss to shadow primer which I never use.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by almostcosmic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So like you, I wanted to know, how do the Naked and Naked 2 palette compare? How similar are they. Well, fairly similar, but not at all identical. First, both palettes have a nice assortment of neutrals. However, I find the Naked palette tends to have a few more dark shades. Darkhorse, Creep,Gunmetal and even Smog are very intense dark shades. In the Naked 2 palette there are really only two really dark shades Blackout (super black) and Busted (dupe for Hustle).

Where I found this palette really stood apart from the first was in the color tones and finishes. I prefer the matte shades in this palette. The mattes in Naked, I thought, were too orangey and golden. I did not care for Buck or Naked for this reason. The Naked 2 palette gives us Foxy, Bootycall (subtle shimmer, think Sin, less pink) and Tease. Tease has a rosy undertone that Buck lacked and Foxy is the perfect neutral highlight color.

For swatch comparisons I recommend the blog Lipglossing. I found her swatches and comparisons more in line with what I saw in person. Even more so then Temptalia, who is usually the source for the best swatches.

I have no opinion on the brush, it looks fine, it will be good for travel or entry level beauty enthusiasts. But I have my favorite brushes and this will not replace any of them. Plus being dual ended makes it harder to store with my other brushes. I personally would have preferred another dual eyeliner, like launched with the original Naked palette.

So, ultimately what we all ask ourselves is, "Do we need both?" If you have only a passing interest in neutrals, no, you don't need both. Although if you have neither, I think Naked 2 is the stronger palette to buy. If you are a fan of neutrals, if you dream in taupe, then the answer is yes....you need this palette and really, be honest with yourself...you KNOW you are going to buy it anyway.

57 out of 58 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by swtladyy

I just got this today and this review is just based off of my initial impressions. The shadows are buttery as I have come to expect from Urban Decay. They were all very pigmented and very easy to swatch, with the exception of Tease, which didn't swatch as easily as the rest, but it was still good. Pistol and Verve were amazing! I wish that Half-Baked wasn't in the palette, I mean that was already in the first one, although it is one of my favorite gold shadow. The packaging seems more sturdy than the previous palette. The gloss was okay, and I actually do like the double-ended brush it came with. I already had the flat stiff brush from the first palette, but the crease/blending brush was a nice addition. I probably could have waited for the next release of this palette instead of jumping the gun and buying it asap, but I was afraid I would be waiting forever to get my hands on it just like I did with the first palette. Overall, I think this is a lovely palette, great if you love neutrals. It's good on it's own if you didn't get the first one, but for those of us who are addicted, having both isn't so bad either =)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by thatsMoneyHoney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This kit has a shade selection that I wanted the first one to have. It's more comparable to Too Faced's Naked kit now as far as the colors go. The shadows are smooth and pigmented and are nice for everyday and natural looks. It is more pigmented then Too Faced's for sure. I like the packaging better then the first palette also. If you bought the first version and thought it was too warm toned then you should give naked 2 a try. I think it's more suitable for all skin tones now.