January 30, 2015 | 1703 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by julma

I really don't understand all the hype around these products! How exactly are they any different from any other moisturizing lipstick? If anything they are worse because they aren't very long lasting. The pigmentation of the lip butters also varies depending on the color (so it's a gamble what you're going to get every time). Yes they are relatively cheap, but I'd rather save up for something long lasting which has good pigmentation in all the colors. I also don't really like the look of the product, its cheap plastic packaging and makes me (a 24 yr old) look like a 12 year old with a lip gloss addiction (when I pull these out of my purse). I also find that the lip butters are kind of messy. The product smudges around the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by librarygirl85

Love this product, I've almost become addictive in applying them because I like the way my lips feel. I hate lipsticks and I hate the feeling of lip gloss ... this is the best thing out there (yes, there is hype), but they are truly amazing.

Keep in mind, some of the lighter shades are more reminiscent of a tinted lip balm (more sheer), but the darker shades really add color and dimension, so if you had a bad experience try a different color before making a final decision. I've had not issues with dryness, but my lips don't tend to dry out with different products.

I have:
Sugar Frosting - This one is light on pigment and is good as a tinted moisturizer. Adds a bit of subtle shimmer.

Peach Parfait - This one is my favorite, more pigment than Sugar Frosting to add a touch of subtle color to your lips ... in comparison with Berry Smoothie - it has more of a brown hue.

Berry Smoothie - Very pigmented, takes my lips from day to night in an easy sweep. Very build-able and a nice, not over dramatic look, but is sure to turn heads.

Candy Apple - a nice red, does have a hint of orange, but not enough to turn me off. This is very pigmented, and gives your lips a very plump red look while moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by xaznbaybiegurl3x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

. I first saw these at Rite Aid with the emma stone display and was curious, but didn't care much about them because I wasn't that interested in them, but..after all the hype and raves on youtube I decided to check out this product myself. I have seen numerous reviews and swatches on blogs and youtube. I first checked target but they didn't have a wide range of colors..but after i looked online on cvs and searched if they had them I ran immediately to the nearest CVS to see what all the hype was about. I wanted to pick up berry smoothie but they didn't have it. =( so i looked at the display and they had a decent selection. I ended up picking up cotton candy which is a gorgeous pink with little gold sparkles in it, which I think is really pretty. I went to target today and picked up Raspberry Pie and Pink Truffle which I got for $6.49 each. At CVS, they were orig. $7.49 but got mine for $5.99 because I had an extra care card.
Packaging: super cute reminds me of the revlon color burst lipsticks because of the quilted design and the tube reminds me of the maybelline color sensational lipsticks with the silver tube. Its nice how there's a clear window so you can see the color before you buy it andd the color the cap corresponds with the color you buy unlike the revlon colorburst lipsticks which just have a painted top.
price: depends on where you live.

Moisturizing: veryy

overall thoughts: raspberry pie appeared a little too opaque on my lips which yells "look at me!" but I think i'll get used to it. Pink truffle is a mlbb color which i absolutely lovee! It also is a perfect everyday color. Cotton Candy is also very pretty as well. it appears as a pretty pink on my lips. I love how these lip butters give you the shine of a lip gloss the moisture of a lip balm andd the color of a lipstick, You get the best of both worlds. =)

Would I repurchase?
Definitely!

I'd love to get tutti frutti, strawberry shortcake, and berry smoothie. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by angieliddiard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After all the hype I finally bought a lip butter. I bought one in Pink Truffle. I loooove it! It goes on so smoothly and feels amazing. I love the soft color and the great packaging. The only downfall is that they wear off so quickly. But I would still buy them again. At this price and the way they make my lips feel it's a definite must have! Can't wait to buy more.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by missixty5

After reading all the positive reviews I stopped by my local Target and got it for $6.49 in sugar frosting and I LOVE it! I put it on the minute I got in my car, it glides onto your lips smoothly and surprisingly I really liked the light pink sheer coverage. I even love the pink cover over the lipstick. I have really never liked lipsticks until this one and will be picking up more colors as they go on sale!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

***EDIT***
I knocked it down form a 4 to a 3 because I noticed that after you start to use it the stick slides around in the container and at about halfway through it breaks at the bottom. Ive had 2 so far that have done this and its really frustrating and messy : / Otherwise I still love them....

I LOVE THESE!!! They are VERY moisturizing (at least for my lips!) and they feel like a balm... but they shine like a lip gloss and apply like lipstick! I have three... apple red (kind of a medium red with a hint of coral), strawberry shortcake (medium natural pink), and peach parfait (light natural neutral peach color). Theres lots of color pay off and I love how comfortable they feel on my lips, I can apply these without a mirror and know that it still looks good! I only wish they lasted a little longer on my lips (only last a couple hours then I reapply) but they do fade gracefully.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

So, once again I boight into the hype...once again, I'm kicking myself for it! Bought the Raspberry and the Fig Jam today. Normally I wear only MAC Lipglass or YSL lipsticks and Golden Glosses. I don't know why these are called Butters, other than gliding smoothly, there's nothing to indicate they are moisturizing. I don't care for the Raspberry color, and was shocked to see how vivid the color looked on after swiping the lipstick on in the car without checking a mirror. The Fig Jam is nice enough, but not deep enough for me. What shocks me though is that these bleed all over my lips/mouth AND they last MINUTES on me. Revlon did a great job of marketing these...youtube beauty gurus did a fantastic job of hyping them, but they fall pathetically short of my expectations! The light colors would be appropriate for a young, teenage girl, or someone who doesn't typically wear ANY lip product. For lipstick/gloss junkies, it's just money down the drain!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by paigemm

Bought two of these (Berry Smoothie and Peace Parfait) and I love them! Pros:
Moisturizing--not intense lip balm, but enough for me to notice that it goes on smoothly, even if it has some glitter. Doesn't dry out my lips.
Nice pigmentation--color is vibrant and true to what it looks like from the top. The darker colors have more pigmentation but the lighter ones are ideal for a natural look.
Price--I bought it for $6.99 after looking for it everywhere. Eventually found it at Walgreens in a special section (new product, so it's not next to traditional revlon products). Can be found at CVS, Walgreens, Target, etc...

Cons:
Packaging--like a traditional lipstick, but the cover closes with a snap. Kind of hard to take off the cover but not something I'm too worried about.

The peace parfait has some glitter but it is NOT gritty. The glitter gives a nice tint.

I love the way that it feels when applied--really creamy and smooth. Will definitely buy again and will probably look for more shades.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by jshook

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought Sugar Plum & loved it! However after using it 3-4 times daily after a few days, my lips became very chapped. When I stopped & went back to Aveeno & Aquaphor, chapping stopped. Went back again, same problem. Love the color & feel, but didn't work for me. Cover hard to get off!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by crystalgayle34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice balm but it wasnt what i was expecting. The colors are nice (i ordered 6) and like all the colors i got but it wasnt very moisturizing at all. i would buy again but i honestly think the cover girl nature luxe lipsticks is better.