September 19, 2014 | 1297 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

The Revlon Lip Butter I got was around 8-9 dollars in the shade 'Brown Sugar'. While I really love the colour of this LIp Butter, I'm not sure whether I got a bad one or not but the one I got was super drying. I put it on and not too long after I needed to go get my lip treatment cause I thought my lips were going to crack. Given this is a lip butter I would have thought the product would have been moisturizing but most of the lipsticks I use are more moisturizing then this. I may purchase another one to make sure I didn't get a bad one but so far I've not been very impressed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by ChocolatCake

This is pretty good stuff. I bought mine in Peach Parfait after seeing it on Emma Stone in the ads. On my lips, it's more of a pinky-coral. Less orange, more pink. This is fine with me, because that's what I was hoping it was going to be! The one gripe I have about it is that the glitter in the balms are a little gritty, but I can get past that. They are very smooth to apply and pack a lot of color punch. There's a large variety of colors, but about 10 of them are wearable, IMO. They smell a little like cotton candy, but it's not too strong. If you like Clinique Buttershines, you will LOVE these. For $7, I would repurchase. ***UPDATE: I ended up disliking the glitter in Peach Parfait, so I replaced it with Pink Truffle and I love it. It's almost an exact dupe of BB Brownie, FYI. ***UPDATE UPDATE 1/6: Will not repurchase because I like L'Oreal's version better. Still a good product, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by berrybellajoy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like these. I only have brown sugar and fig, but want to buy more. I can use this with or w/o a lipliner, but of course staypower is better with the l/l. I can wear brown sugar everyday and the colour reminds me of an old HG of mine from over 10 yrs ago..revlon lustrous almost nude. It's a brownish nude colour. I don't expect much from staying power b/c they are lip butters. I have very dry lips and these feel moisturizing. Using these eliminates my lipstick then lipgloss process, hence making time management faster.
UPDATE March 18/12 I have since bought the colour creme brule and it's almost done! I adore it so much. It's a tad lighter than the previous ones I bought and looks like a nudish brown colour. I can wear it alone or w/ my fav lipliner MAC stripdown. I love that I don't have to use lipstick and lipgloss anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by sarahmorgan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would give this product a 3.5. It has good pigmentation, decently hydrating, and is easy to apply. However, I'm not crazy about the texture (it seems to almost ball up on my lips) and it is not an adequate substitute for a lip balm. It's a good traveling lipstick though because of the ease of use, and for this reason I would re-purchase. The color I have is berry smoothie, which is a good everyday berry pink color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Beautiful colors! I gave into hype way too early with this product, and thought since frmheadtotoe said it was similar to Dior's High Shines, that this would work for me, since Dior high shines are my HG favourite sheer lipsticks....

However, the only thing different is that after an hour or two these give me a tight feeling on my lips and usually end up with me being chapped :/
That is not something I want with any lip product, chapped lips, no thank you.

I thought it was perhaps just the cold winter, but with trial and error of reapplication during 8 hour work shifts, I realize it is the lipstick, and not me.

I got this in 5 colors, but I did love the pigmentation and colors of Candy Apple, Red Velvet, and Strawberry Shortcake. I also got Berry Smoothie and Sweet Tart which I had identical dupes for colors of with my old dc'd high shines!

Great for those who don't peel with this lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by dandamilmar

Beautiful! I really dont expect anything from a drugstore brand because you can never try it out unless you buy it. Anyway, alot of people have been raving about this so i gave it a try. I bought the tutti fruti and gumdrop.

The tutti fruit looks like a bright orange but its very subtle when applied to lips, very moisturizing and perfect for spring! The gumdrop i put on top of my pink neavou from mac and this lip combo works for me! Alone, its perfect if you want to have nude lips.:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by nycxbabiixgurl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely Speechless.! These lip butters plumped up my lips and it make my lips look beautiful:! Ive been searching for them for awhile and i finally came across it at target. They don't carry it at every target. What can i say. Idk theyre creamy...definitely a must have and other reviews basically explain it all. These lip butter are hands down the best cosmetic products ive purchased. I dnt eem use my lip balms now. I use jack black which costs more than these lip butters. Im so excited that drugstores are reallly stepping up their game in improving their items. Yayyyyyyy.! :D LOVE these lip butter so much, that i paid full price for a drugstore item. Bcuz usually they are on sale. But i didnt care. Even the cashier told me that everyone seems to be grabbing these off the shelves and she asked me if it was that good.! I dnt waste my time reviewing products that i think are ok. I only review reLly good stuff or really bad ones. Hope you guys get one. Two. All of the lip butters cuz these are wonderful.!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have these in Pink Truffle and Raspberry Pie. I haven't tried many so I can't comment on the rest but so far, these two are just ok for me. If you have tried the Revlon Super Lustrous lipglosses, these are a bit similar in texture and appearance. They are somewhat sheer lipglosses that come in stick form. They are a bit more pigmented than the Superlustrous lipglosses but not by much. Pink Truffle is a very flattering shade on my NC40-42 skin. I normally do not buy any lip products with the name PINK in it but after hearing so much about this, I just had to try it. It's a neutral My Lips But Better Shade that goes with almost anything. There is no shimmer or sparkle..it's just a medium pink. Raspberry Pie is not as flattering on me but it would be nice on the right skintone. My main problem with these is that they dry out my lips. My lips dry out and peel from almost every lip products and unfortunately, these did that as well. They also do not last long..you hae to reapply very frequently. Overall, they aren't bad especially if you don't mind sheer glossy lip products but they aren't amazing either. I would consider repurchasing Pink Truffle but it's not a must have for me. I would probably only buy it during a sale. I forgot to add that I also have berry smoothie and it was not what I expected. Based on the swatches online, I thought it would be the most flattering shade on me but it's not pigmented on me and the cool tones come through. =/ I'm not a fan of it on me at all.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by missashley884

I picked up crem' brulee just to see what all the fuss was about. I really like the texture of this product and the color pay off for this specific color is pretty good. I am interested in trying the other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by bebeblondie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

To be honest I wasn't expecting that much from this product. I had heard all the hype, but also heard all the "these aren't all they're hyped up to be!" so I figured it was probably not going to be all that great. I still wanted to try it for myself, though, especially because I'm a bare-lip/lip balm girl and never do color on my lips because (a) my lips are naturally full and pigmented, (b) when I wear makeup I prefer to play up my eyes, so I feel like lip color looks like too much, and (c) I always feel like a clown wearing lipstick because my features are already very prominent (big eyes, big nose, big lips). So I thought this might be a happy medium to bring a bit of healthy color to my face and play up my lips a little bit for special occasions, without being a full-on lipstick. I wanted sort of a MLBB shade without any traces of reddish-orange/terracotta as I tend to find in a lot of lip shades, because I have diffuse redness in my skin and that can bring it out. The makeup board recommended that I try Berry Smoothie, and I searched high and low to find this (I live in Canada) and *finally* found it at a Shoppers Drug Mart a few days ago. I snatched it up right away, and tried it on as soon as I got home. I was bracing myself to be disappointed, but to my surprise, I was absolutely delighted. The color complimented my very fair skin beautifully, it applied like butter, and gave a lovely sheen. I still felt like the color was a bit too heavy for my otherwise makeup-less face (I just had some mascara on), so I did up my makeup, and it looked amazing with it. A touch of lip color is definitely what I've been missing! I wore this last night for New Year's Eve, and it looked great! Of course, I did have to reapply it several times during the night as it faded, but I expected that anyway. I think this is a lovely product, and it didn't dry out my lips. Berry Smoothie is a really great shade, and I would repurchase if I ran out. I might even get used to wearing this lip color on a more regular basis.