Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

Polybutene , Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Tridecyl Trimellitate , Octyldodecanol , PETROLATUM, Hydrogenated Polydecene , Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate , Jojoba , Polyethylene , Ozokerite , Cetyl PEG , PPG-10 , 1 Dimethicone , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Beeswax, Zinc Ricinoleate , Squalane , Silica , Shea Butter , Butter Mango , Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , TOCOPHEROL ACETATE, Coconut Oily, Synthetic Wax , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Dimethicone , Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer , Isodecyl Neopentanoate , Tribehenin , Sorbitan Isostearate , Fragrance , BHT , Caprylyl Glycol , 1,2 Hexanediol , May Contain: Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI,77891) , Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) , Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) , Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1) , Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985) , Red 33 Lake (CI 17200) , Carmine (CI 75470) , Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) , Red 6 Lake (CI 15850)

on 1/16/2012 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product because it's so hydrating and some of the colors are so pigmented but the lasting power of it is horrible.

on 1/15/2012 8:15:00 PM

Love these. Super pigmented and moisturizing! They leave a shiny finish and last longer than a gloss. I gave this a 4 instead of 5 because they don't last extremely long, but the darker colors do leave a nice stain after the glossy part is gone!

on 1/15/2012 7:46:00 PM

I own these in a range of colors. I have Fig Jam, Sugar Plum, Strawberry Shortcake, Tutti Fruitti, Pink Truffle, Lollipop and Candy Apple. I love them all although I don't find myself wearing the Lollipop as much since it's a bright fuschia. I find for the most part these wear well on me. The glossiness fades and I'm left with a stain that lasts several hours. I find the moisturizing enough but I'm not a lip balm girl. I usually where the long-wearing liquid lipsticks so this is like butter compared to that. I don't like moisturizing lipsticks generally because they slide right off my fuller bottom lip onto my skin. This doesn't do that though, it stays put but feels soft on my lips. I love the pigmentation of these. These are NOT a tinted lip balm, at least the colors I have are not. I've bought several tinted lip balms (such as the ridiculously priced Burt Bee's, Wet-N-Wild or NYX Lip Spa) and those are no match for these as far as pigmentation goes. Those barely show up on my lips, slide off, and are gone after an hour. I get several hours off of the darker colors with these. My favorite is the Candy Apple as it's a gorgeous warm red that really flatters my NC20 skin, blonde hair & blue eyes. My complexion pulls yellow so this looks great on me. Of course not everyone agrees on everything but for me, these are worth the hype. Obviously, or I wouldn't have purchased 7 of them.

on 1/15/2012 7:37:00 PM

WOW! ive been wondering why these have been such a hit and decided to try them out. I searched for them at my walmart and found only 1 left! i decided to get it sense it was in a nice nude color(creme brule). And i love it! Its sooo smooth and creamy feeling:) also its color is beautiful! THIS IS NOT BUYING INTO HYPE!!!!! IT WORKS!!!

on 1/15/2012 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Cons:
-not moisturizing...not like a butter
-not at all long lasting (only 1-2 hours)
-expensive ($8.50)
-finishes quickly! (only used handful of times and already 1/4 of its gone)
Pros:
-nice color selection
-nice lipstick/lip gloss hybrid
-overall nice gives a really nice look to lips

I didn't like this product when I first tried it but I am warming up to it. I really do love the look it gives compared to a lipstick. This is thicker than a lipgloss but not sticky. I really wish it stayed on a bit longer and didn't finish up so fast, other than that i do like it.

on 1/15/2012 6:24:00 PM

Love love love love love love LOVE these! <3 I have four of these, Strawberry Shortcake, Cotton Candy, Cupcake & Berry Sorbert & they're ah-mazing! They're literally as soft as butter & they're so moisturizing. My favorite out of the four is Strawberry Shortcake, but I love all 4 of them a lot :) Definetly check these out!

on 1/15/2012 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought Candy Apple and Peach Parfait. When I think of a lip butter, I tend to think of something like Korres Lip Butter or the ones from the Body Shop. These aren't very buttery to me. They are an amazing shiny lipstick though. I don't find them as moisturizing as people say they are.

I really like throwing these in my makeup bag at work for quick touch ups. I am planning to get more of these.

on 1/15/2012 1:18:00 PM

Like so many others I too bought into the hype and jumped on the band wagon. I purchased three: Tutti Fruitti, Cherry Tart, and Candy Apple. I do appreciate and like how moisturizing they feel, decent pigmentation, smoothness with any tackiness on the lips, and decent colour selection available. What I don`t appreciate is how quickly these wear of my lips and I feel like I`m constantly reapplying. I personally don`t plan on repurchasing any more as I`m sure it won`t be long before another cosmetic company manufactures their own version of this product and hopefully they`ll make something with long lasting wear properties.

on 1/15/2012 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin with a tendency toward eczema breakouts when exposed to harsh chemicals or drying products. My main areas of eczema breakout are my hands and wrists with occasional appearances my face if I have a reaction to a new product.

I really wanted to like this lip butter. The colors are wonderful. The formula felt great going on initially. However, after a few hours I could feel my lips tingling as if they were getting dehydrated. Then to my dismay, I had my first ever eczema breakout on my lips!

I thought it might be the change in weather rather than the lip product, so I stopped all lipsticks and treated the eczema for a while. Once things cleared up, I would go back to using the lip butters and end up with a break out again. I even bought NEW lip butters to make sure it wasn't a contaminated tube. But after 2 months of going back and forth between this product and my higher-end hydrating lipsticks, I've realized that it is indeed the Revlon Lip Butters that caused the eczema on my lips.

I'm not sure what is in the formulation that is doing this. I've never had a lip product cause such a reaction. My advice is to steer clear of this product if you have sensitive skin. Something isn't right.

on 1/15/2012 10:35:00 AM

I love this stuff. It is so moisturizing, and gives a nice color to my lips. Of course its not super long lasting but it does stay for a good four to five hours depending on if you eat or drink anything, and I dont mind reapplying it cause my lips need all the moisture they can get.

Popular Lipsticks