December 19, 2014 | 1540 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by paigemm

Bought two of these (Berry Smoothie and Peace Parfait) and I love them! Pros:
Moisturizing--not intense lip balm, but enough for me to notice that it goes on smoothly, even if it has some glitter. Doesn't dry out my lips.
Nice pigmentation--color is vibrant and true to what it looks like from the top. The darker colors have more pigmentation but the lighter ones are ideal for a natural look.
Price--I bought it for $6.99 after looking for it everywhere. Eventually found it at Walgreens in a special section (new product, so it's not next to traditional revlon products). Can be found at CVS, Walgreens, Target, etc...

Cons:
Packaging--like a traditional lipstick, but the cover closes with a snap. Kind of hard to take off the cover but not something I'm too worried about.

The peace parfait has some glitter but it is NOT gritty. The glitter gives a nice tint.

I love the way that it feels when applied--really creamy and smooth. Will definitely buy again and will probably look for more shades.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by jshook

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought Sugar Plum & loved it! However after using it 3-4 times daily after a few days, my lips became very chapped. When I stopped & went back to Aveeno & Aquaphor, chapping stopped. Went back again, same problem. Love the color & feel, but didn't work for me. Cover hard to get off!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by crystalgayle34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice balm but it wasnt what i was expecting. The colors are nice (i ordered 6) and like all the colors i got but it wasnt very moisturizing at all. i would buy again but i honestly think the cover girl nature luxe lipsticks is better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by EmmaBella

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love these lip butters! The three I have are really smooth and moisturizing (Candy Apple, Creme Brulee, and Berry Smoothie). I have a major issue with chapped lips so these are nice because if my lips are a little flaky, the color doesn't stick to it and they help moisturize a bit; they're not intensive, but they're decent! I really like the sheen these have along with the color. I'm not a lipgloss person because it gets gross as it wears off, but these fade gradually and evenly. They're just an all around good product.

One lippie off though because they're overpriced.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

I love this new lipstick line and had heard alot of raves about it. They have wonderful pigmentation, moisturization, and shine. I love how the finish feels in between a lipstick and lipgloss. There are alot of shades to choose from, which will compliment your skintone and taste. I think the lightest shades don't have as much color, but are subtle if you want a natural look.You can see the true shade of each through the clear top of the cap, which is very helpful. The usual price is $7.49 per tube, which isn't too expensive for a drugstore brand and especially for the quality. I highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Missmangoes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I haven't bought a Revlon product in quite some time, but a friend turned me on to this product. My biggest complaint is that it hasn't been very easy to find this product in stores. When I did find it, I bought 4 because I wasn't sure I'd be able to find it again.

I absolutely love it. My lips really feel hydrated. It's like having a lip gloss without the stickiness, and a lipstick without the dryness. Raspberry Pie is my favorite fall color. I'd love to see some more dramatic dark shades with this same formula.

I do think the packaging could be a bit more glam/trendy. The current packaging is too "girly", in my opinion.

Product - awesome! Packaging should be revisited.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by CatFancy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Found and snagged a bunch of these yesterday! Walgreens had just put them out in a buy one get one 1/2 off sale. So far...

Easy to wear. They aren't as heavy on the lips as most lipstick or thicker balms. Being a Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer wearer, this appeals to me!

LOVE: Raspberry Pie and Berry Smoothie. Raspberry Pie is slightly darker and Berry Smoothie is a MLBB color. They both compare favorably to Lip Shimmers, Revlon colors being a bit stronger.

LOVE: Cherry Pie and Candy Apple. I had tried so many red lipsticks but these seem to brighten my complexion - they look polished and easy to wear.

MAYBE: Red Velvet. I hoped I'd love it based on all the lovely reviews and photos, but it turns out a little dark for me.

NO THANKS: Peach Parfait -- too pale/glittery for my pigmented lips -- it has a frosted effect, makes them look dull and on the whole I look unwell in this shade.

In general, though, I am impressed!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 2:55:00 AM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I originally tried two of these when they first came around. I loved them so much that I've picked up eight more over the last few weeks. The thing to be aware of with these is that some shades are infinitely better than others. The good ones are moisturizing, creamy and pigmented, while others can be drying and lead to chapped/peeling lips. Shade descriptions and swatches are easy to come by, so I thought I'd just give everyone a quick rundown of the pros and cons of the shades I have.

Red Velvet is easily the most pigmented. It's a very deep red and it *will* stain your lips--which can be good as your lips will retain color all day, so reapplying isn't really necessary. But even without the stain effect I easily get at least four hours of wear. On the downside, this is the most drying of the bunch. I find that using a lipbalm under and over this is the best way to go (yea, I know, you shouldn't have to. but if you don't want to, don't get this shade. simple as that)

Berry Smoothie is another nice, deep color. It's less purple than it looks in the tube--I actually get no purple tones at all, just a more toned down red. This is pigmented, but infinitely less drying than the Red Velvet. It's much glossier, as well, which makes it a little more moisturizing. It can still lead to a little peeling, but like I said, another lip balm always helps (especially in winter).

Gumdrop is an interesting color as it's one of the only really frosty ones of the bunch. I enjoy the lavender-y color, but the frost makes it very drying (only slightly less so than Red Velvet). It doesn't have the nice creamy texture of the others, it's actually quite gritty. This is one you'd definitely need a good balm underneath. It also wears off quickly. This is one of the few I'd return if I could.

Cupcake is another I'm not too fond of. It's a very, very cool toned pink and surprisingly bright compared to how it looks in the tube. The texture isn't too bad, though not the creamiest of the bunch, but this one also wears off very quickly. Overall it's just far too underwhelming compared to some of the others. Plus the shade is very "Pink Friday" on me. Eh.

Tutti Frutti is the first orange lip product I've ever owned. And trust me when I say, this is a VERY citrus-y color. It's nice and creamy with a good gloss that makes it quite moisturizing on the lips and it lasts a good three to four hours before I need to reapply. But it's definitely not a winter color, so I've only tested it out once. I'll break this out again in like June when bright, juicy looking lips are more appropriate.

Cotton Candy is in a tie for my favorite of them all. It's a gorgeous gorgeous pink color--not too cool, not warm--and along with its costar is easily the most moisturizing of the bunch. I can wear this alone all day, every day and it's still great. It's pigmented, but not so much that you have to be careful when you're applying as to not overdo it. I think this is one that pretty much everyone would like.

Crème Brule is my other favorite. It's everything that I was expecting from these lip butters. Moisturizing lip balm, creamy application and gorgeous color. If these were limited edition, this is the one I'd stock up on. This may end up being too light for someone with darker skin, though. I have quite pigmented lips, but this still cancels out a lot of the color and leaves my lips a shade or two darker than my skin.

Sugar Plum is pretty much Berry Smoothie's twin sister. But they're fraternal twins, not identical. Same wear, same gloss, same feel...but this one has more of that berry/plum tone I was looking for with Berry Smoothie. I like them both, but I like the color of this one more.

Creamsicle is very similar to Creme Brule, only quite a bit paler. It's probably the creamiest of the bunch, but I also find it to be the sheerest (which isn't necessarily a negative considering how pale this really is). But the one real downside is that this fades after less than an hour. I still enjoy it, though. It's the one I keep in my purse in case I need a quick touch up during the day, just to tone down the natural red of my lips.

Strawberry Shortcake is just another run of the mill pink, only brighter. It's not cool-toned like Cupcake, but it's not the natural pink like Cotton Candy. It's got a nice gloss to it, but it's not the most moisturizing. I'm honestly still on the fence about this one. It's better than some, not as good as others. Honestly I'd probably skip buying it again, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts

So which would I buy again? Creme Brule, Cotton Candy, Tutti Frutti, Sugar Plum & Red Velvet (simply because it's the first red I've ever liked on myself(

Which would I skip? Gumdrop, Cupcake, Strawberry Shortcake

Creamsicle and Berry Smoothie are still a toss up. I'd probably buy them again, but I wouldn't miss them if I didn't.

Overall, good product and worth the money. Just choose your shades wisely :)

46 out of 51 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by DarlingLoverFace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

expensive for drugstore. pretty colors, looks nice but when it wears off my lips peel. Every time I wore it I experienced this. not good.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by lillyrowan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately this is the first Revlon lip product that I do not like. This product made my lips very dry and uncomfortable. Since, so many people find these moisturizing, I assume there is something in the product formula that does not agree with my skin.