Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

Polybutene , Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Tridecyl Trimellitate , Octyldodecanol , PETROLATUM, Hydrogenated Polydecene , Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate , Jojoba , Polyethylene , Ozokerite , Cetyl PEG , PPG-10 , 1 Dimethicone , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Beeswax, Zinc Ricinoleate , Squalane , Silica , Shea Butter , Butter Mango , Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , TOCOPHEROL ACETATE, Coconut Oily, Synthetic Wax , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Dimethicone , Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer , Isodecyl Neopentanoate , Tribehenin , Sorbitan Isostearate , Fragrance , BHT , Caprylyl Glycol , 1,2 Hexanediol , May Contain: Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI,77891) , Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) , Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) , Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1) , Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985) , Red 33 Lake (CI 17200) , Carmine (CI 75470) , Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) , Red 6 Lake (CI 15850)

on 1/22/2012 12:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like these.
I would not call them balmy. That's a bit far. What I consider balmy is when I can constantly rub my lips together without any pigment or texture problems. WIth these, I can't constantly rub my lips together, which is fine - I did not expect this to be as balmy as some people say they are. For reference, I do not wear balm under these lip butters.
Even though they are not the most moisturizing product, they are not drying either. They feel kind of different from regular lipstick and have more shine than a typical lipstick. I also love the variety of colors offered - some can be sheer, others are really opaque.
I really like these lip butters. They come in great colors, feel better than typical lipstick while having the color of a lipstick, and have really cute (albeit messy at times..) packaging.

on 1/21/2012 8:58:00 PM

Holy LORD, Lip Butters are awesome! They're a bit hard to find here, but you get the thrill of the hunt and an HG-worthy payoff.

These feel like balms (and sometimes I actually forget that I'm wearing lipstick), but look like Dior Addict. I'm not kidding. There are less colours than Dior, but there is still a good variety, ranging from nudes to high-impact reds and fuchsias. I have Lollipop (bright fuchsia) and Cherry Tart (pink-red) and I'm itching for more.

I think these are just okay. Not amazing, not terrible. I bought Peach Parfait and Cupcake. I really like the color of Peach Parfait, because it's just a little darker than my natural lip color with some shine. The sparkle isn't too noticeable, and you don't feel it on your lips. Cupcake is a light, cool pink. Being yellow-toned, it looks a little odd on me if I apply it too heavily. But it could be pretty on someone else. The reason I gave these an overall 3/5 is because they're not particularly moisturizing, and because if you try to build up the color, you end up with little clumps on your lips. The colors are pretty though, so I'll probably go back to look for more.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This product is okay. It's not really that moisturizing at all, just feels like a regular lipstick. Although applied with balm, it obviously THEN feels like lip butter. I got this in Peach Parfait, and I actually like the pinkie orangey color of it. the sparkles aren't as bad as people say it is, but then again I guess it has to do with natural lip color and skin tone a bit. The lasting power isn't that great, as it only lasted for a few hours with some bleeding or fading on the inside. Otherwise, the very nice color gives it a bonus star.

on 1/20/2012 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I don't get all the hype... seriously. After watching video after video on Youtube, I went out and bought 6 various shades. I was so excited to walk into a Walgreens and saw a full display of all the colors. I guess these are hard to find. They were also Buy One Get One 1/2 Off. The first color I tried on was Berry Smoothie... it looked like I applied Chapstick in the cherry flavor.... a barely there tint. After trying on all the colors, I decided that these lip butters are ok, but I don't think they deserve so much attention. They're moisturizing.... for about 5 minutes... and you have to reapply again. My advice, just use your fave lipstick and lip balm together and there you go, your perfect "lip butter".

on 1/19/2012 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm generally surprised at how few "moisturizing" products aren't, even the medicated ones (yes, Nivea, I'm talking about you). This one never dries and I like that the color is a touch more intense than products labeled as tinted lip balms. My go-to lip color is L'Oreal's Infallible (lasts for freakin' ever) and these Revlons are a nice touch-up and intensifier.

on 1/18/2012 4:53:00 PM

I bought the Peach parfait one and I was a little bit disappointed because I don't like that it is sparkling and I feel like there was no color on my lips... But I should try one that doesn't have glitter in it. I also feel like it is a little bit expensive for a tinted lip balm. At this price I'd rather buy Maybelline baby lips.

on 1/17/2012 3:41:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I never wear lipsticks because they all make my lips dry out/chapped so I've always been a lipgloss girl.... until I found this! They are super pigmented and very moisturizing. They were also surprisingly long-lasting and unless I wipe my mouth after a meal, the color stays on. They remind me of the dior lipsticks and has the texture of a high-end lipstick. Will buy again!

on 1/16/2012 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

PROS: Love the wide color selection. Not too often that you find lilac with drugstore lip colors. It was very easy to find colors to suit my skin tone and shade. Nice, classy packaging, which I find very common with Revlon products.

CONS: Despite the name, these aren't terribly moisturizing. Much more like a lipstick than lip butter or lip balm. I still have to apply a lip balm as a base or else my lips turn dry and chapped. I had high hopes that these would be comparable to Korres Mango Butter lipsticks but evidently set the bar too high.

on 1/16/2012 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Another over-hyped product that I was suckered into buying. I got this in creme brulee and peach tart. These are supposed to be more like balms than a lipstick, but they're drying. And even if it was a lipstick, they aren't that pigmented. I did like the packaging though. You know which one you're grabbing for.

Video Reviews & Tutorials