October 24, 2014 | 1613 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 2:55:00 AM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I originally tried two of these when they first came around. I loved them so much that I've picked up eight more over the last few weeks. The thing to be aware of with these is that some shades are infinitely better than others. The good ones are moisturizing, creamy and pigmented, while others can be drying and lead to chapped/peeling lips. Shade descriptions and swatches are easy to come by, so I thought I'd just give everyone a quick rundown of the pros and cons of the shades I have.

Red Velvet is easily the most pigmented. It's a very deep red and it *will* stain your lips--which can be good as your lips will retain color all day, so reapplying isn't really necessary. But even without the stain effect I easily get at least four hours of wear. On the downside, this is the most drying of the bunch. I find that using a lipbalm under and over this is the best way to go (yea, I know, you shouldn't have to. but if you don't want to, don't get this shade. simple as that)

Berry Smoothie is another nice, deep color. It's less purple than it looks in the tube--I actually get no purple tones at all, just a more toned down red. This is pigmented, but infinitely less drying than the Red Velvet. It's much glossier, as well, which makes it a little more moisturizing. It can still lead to a little peeling, but like I said, another lip balm always helps (especially in winter).

Gumdrop is an interesting color as it's one of the only really frosty ones of the bunch. I enjoy the lavender-y color, but the frost makes it very drying (only slightly less so than Red Velvet). It doesn't have the nice creamy texture of the others, it's actually quite gritty. This is one you'd definitely need a good balm underneath. It also wears off quickly. This is one of the few I'd return if I could.

Cupcake is another I'm not too fond of. It's a very, very cool toned pink and surprisingly bright compared to how it looks in the tube. The texture isn't too bad, though not the creamiest of the bunch, but this one also wears off very quickly. Overall it's just far too underwhelming compared to some of the others. Plus the shade is very "Pink Friday" on me. Eh.

Tutti Frutti is the first orange lip product I've ever owned. And trust me when I say, this is a VERY citrus-y color. It's nice and creamy with a good gloss that makes it quite moisturizing on the lips and it lasts a good three to four hours before I need to reapply. But it's definitely not a winter color, so I've only tested it out once. I'll break this out again in like June when bright, juicy looking lips are more appropriate.

Cotton Candy is in a tie for my favorite of them all. It's a gorgeous gorgeous pink color--not too cool, not warm--and along with its costar is easily the most moisturizing of the bunch. I can wear this alone all day, every day and it's still great. It's pigmented, but not so much that you have to be careful when you're applying as to not overdo it. I think this is one that pretty much everyone would like.

Crème Brule is my other favorite. It's everything that I was expecting from these lip butters. Moisturizing lip balm, creamy application and gorgeous color. If these were limited edition, this is the one I'd stock up on. This may end up being too light for someone with darker skin, though. I have quite pigmented lips, but this still cancels out a lot of the color and leaves my lips a shade or two darker than my skin.

Sugar Plum is pretty much Berry Smoothie's twin sister. But they're fraternal twins, not identical. Same wear, same gloss, same feel...but this one has more of that berry/plum tone I was looking for with Berry Smoothie. I like them both, but I like the color of this one more.

Creamsicle is very similar to Creme Brule, only quite a bit paler. It's probably the creamiest of the bunch, but I also find it to be the sheerest (which isn't necessarily a negative considering how pale this really is). But the one real downside is that this fades after less than an hour. I still enjoy it, though. It's the one I keep in my purse in case I need a quick touch up during the day, just to tone down the natural red of my lips.

Strawberry Shortcake is just another run of the mill pink, only brighter. It's not cool-toned like Cupcake, but it's not the natural pink like Cotton Candy. It's got a nice gloss to it, but it's not the most moisturizing. I'm honestly still on the fence about this one. It's better than some, not as good as others. Honestly I'd probably skip buying it again, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts

So which would I buy again? Creme Brule, Cotton Candy, Tutti Frutti, Sugar Plum & Red Velvet (simply because it's the first red I've ever liked on myself(

Which would I skip? Gumdrop, Cupcake, Strawberry Shortcake

Creamsicle and Berry Smoothie are still a toss up. I'd probably buy them again, but I wouldn't miss them if I didn't.

Overall, good product and worth the money. Just choose your shades wisely :)

45 out of 50 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by DarlingLoverFace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

expensive for drugstore. pretty colors, looks nice but when it wears off my lips peel. Every time I wore it I experienced this. not good.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by lillyrowan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately this is the first Revlon lip product that I do not like. This product made my lips very dry and uncomfortable. Since, so many people find these moisturizing, I assume there is something in the product formula that does not agree with my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Reduced my review from four to three lippies. All of the lip butters that I have purchased bleed all over my lips. I've been using a clear lip pencil and it's helping somewhat. I was going to purchase additional colors, but I have changed my mind. Sorry, but Revlon is a marketing genius and Lip Butters are a perfect example of how efficient the marketing machine really is...

I've been patiently waiting (three months) for the Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters to arrive in my area ~ I walked into Walgreen's yesterday, asked the SA for the Revlon Lip Butters and low and behold they were in the store. I decided to start with four shades: Pink Truffle, Red Velvet, Fig Jam and Peach Parfait. Well, I love them all. As expected, I have a few favorites which I mention below. I wouldn't say that this product is a lip balm or lip butter ~ more like a slick lipstick. Some colors are more drying than others. They remind me of the Maybelline Moisture Wear lipsticks that were discontinued last year, which I loved ~ Anyone remember Nude Blush?

All four shades work well with my fair, yellow-orange skin tone. Red Velvet is the darkest, which is okay, because the color doesn't last long ~ It's a nice shade of red, not too orange or blue red, and it's not too bright for daytime. I wasn't sure about Peach Parfait, but it looks nothing like the national ad on me. It reminds me of the ColorBurst lipstick in Petal. There is a slight shimmer, but it didn't feel gritty to me, and I could barely see the shimmer on my lips. Pink Truffle is great for daytime, and it's the perfect shade of pinkish brown. Fig Jam works too ~ It appears dark in the tube, and it turns out to be a nice stain. I like to mix Fig Jam and Pink Truffle, and I like Red Velvet with Fig Jam. I love the applicator ~ it's perfect for applying without a lip liner. My next purchase will be Creme Brulee, Brown Sugar, Sugar Plum and Berry Smoothie. Four lippies only because this product is overpriced!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by inasaf

I really like this! I have it in Berry Smoothie, which was a little bit too shiny when I first applied it, but after I ate noodles for dinner it turned into a very flattering berry shade :D So it definitely lasts. Also, I love that I can apply it without looking (so, anyone can). My lips are normally a brownish-purplish shade, it's bad, but this shade makes my face look normal. It's non-drying, non-streaky... I love it! I might try it in other colours, but based on some of the other reviews I'm guessing they might be drying. I'm disappointed that there's only product for half the tube, but since I only reapply this a couple of times a day I'm not too bothered by it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by jozie14

This product is okay, not amazing, but not the worse. I have this in pink truffle. It's pretty moisturizing, more so than other lipsticks, the color does come out shiny on the lips. However, as other reviewers mentionned, it doesnt last long, and you have to often reapply. Also, the pink truffle turned out darker than i thought on my lips, but now I am used to it, and it's not so bad. I would like to try this in other shades, I also like the cute packaging. Overall, pretty okay, average lipstick. if you like lip gloss, i recommend this, but dont expect it to signficantly moisturize your lips, and expect to have to re-apply several times a day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

The Revlon Lip Butter I got was around 8-9 dollars in the shade 'Brown Sugar'. While I really love the colour of this LIp Butter, I'm not sure whether I got a bad one or not but the one I got was super drying. I put it on and not too long after I needed to go get my lip treatment cause I thought my lips were going to crack. Given this is a lip butter I would have thought the product would have been moisturizing but most of the lipsticks I use are more moisturizing then this. I may purchase another one to make sure I didn't get a bad one but so far I've not been very impressed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by ChocolatCake

This is pretty good stuff. I bought mine in Peach Parfait after seeing it on Emma Stone in the ads. On my lips, it's more of a pinky-coral. Less orange, more pink. This is fine with me, because that's what I was hoping it was going to be! The one gripe I have about it is that the glitter in the balms are a little gritty, but I can get past that. They are very smooth to apply and pack a lot of color punch. There's a large variety of colors, but about 10 of them are wearable, IMO. They smell a little like cotton candy, but it's not too strong. If you like Clinique Buttershines, you will LOVE these. For $7, I would repurchase. ***UPDATE: I ended up disliking the glitter in Peach Parfait, so I replaced it with Pink Truffle and I love it. It's almost an exact dupe of BB Brownie, FYI. ***UPDATE UPDATE 1/6: Will not repurchase because I like L'Oreal's version better. Still a good product, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by berrybellajoy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like these. I only have brown sugar and fig, but want to buy more. I can use this with or w/o a lipliner, but of course staypower is better with the l/l. I can wear brown sugar everyday and the colour reminds me of an old HG of mine from over 10 yrs ago..revlon lustrous almost nude. It's a brownish nude colour. I don't expect much from staying power b/c they are lip butters. I have very dry lips and these feel moisturizing. Using these eliminates my lipstick then lipgloss process, hence making time management faster.
UPDATE March 18/12 I have since bought the colour creme brule and it's almost done! I adore it so much. It's a tad lighter than the previous ones I bought and looks like a nudish brown colour. I can wear it alone or w/ my fav lipliner MAC stripdown. I love that I don't have to use lipstick and lipgloss anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by sarahmorgan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would give this product a 3.5. It has good pigmentation, decently hydrating, and is easy to apply. However, I'm not crazy about the texture (it seems to almost ball up on my lips) and it is not an adequate substitute for a lip balm. It's a good traveling lipstick though because of the ease of use, and for this reason I would re-purchase. The color I have is berry smoothie, which is a good everyday berry pink color.