August 22, 2014 | 1786 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by lilmissann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I first heard about this mascara through Youtube, so I decided to try it out since a lot of the beauty gurus were raving about it. The packaging is really bright and fun, and I was afraid it was going to be like the other Maybelline mascara "Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal" which I hated, but I was wrong, great mascara. It separates my lashes really good, no clumping, makes them look really long and holds the curl. Although it isn't as volumizing as I'd like, it's still really good and I'm impressed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

This does not add volume but does add a little length. The only good thing about this mascara is that is does separate nicely...for that reason, I've been using it as a primer. If you want a natural look, this is good...I like dramatic lashes though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by MACamille

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This mascara is the best. But, I must say, I like it more now than I did for the first weeks when I used it. I love this flexible brush, it grabs every lash. This is very buildable on my lashes. I use it just alone and it looks amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by aer0057

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite everyday mascara. It pretty much does all three things I could ever want a mascara to do. It gives me separation, length and volume. The only cons: not black enough, weird rose smell, and tube is a little bulky. Love the brush though.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by jerrbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Definitely up there with my least favourite mascaras of all time.
My lashes look clumpy, and stumpy. Did manage to latch on to every lash, but didn't provide much volume.

Very wet, hard to apply extra coats without clumping.

Just... horrendous really!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

I'm a big fan of maybelline mascara's, but I have to say, this is my least favorite. Maybe it was the hype, maybe it's the idea that you're using a new product, but after a week or so, I didn't really enjoy it.

I have the waterproof version of one by one. This mascara def defines every single last. So my long fine lashes are well defined all day. Holds curls very well. (not surprising of maybelline mascaras) But it's a little more wet when I first started using is. So as my day went by, it would leave a little smudge on the bottom of my eye. Not very attractive imo. It's extremely difficult to get off. I had to double my removal - first using an eye make up remover then a gentle cleanser washed off with warm water.

One of the guru's on youtube did a review on it and mentioned how it comes off in little flakes and small pieces. I didn't notice it until I reached the end of my tube. In 2 months, I finished the mascara and removing the mascara was more difficult. It comes off in little black flakes. I mean, at least you see it off your lashes.

Overall, I enjoyed it and I'm glad I tried it. But probably won't be repurchasing

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I personally didn't like this mascara even after giving it a few tries, but each time hated the results. It did provide separation to my lashes, but fell short on adding any volume and very minimal length. What I really detested was it's tendency to clump when I tried to add an additional coat and found it flaked throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One by One is easy to apply, easy to build up and doesn't feel dry, flaky or hardens on my lashes. I like this better than Volum Express Colassal but not as much as Full n Soft. It is readily available. I am using the brown/black color combo.

One by One's claim to fame is in the brush. I did find I had to maneuver it a lot less to achieve my lash look - it does require a lot less work than most mascaras! I like that the brush is not huge, or small but a comfortable medium sized brush.

Overall, it is not HG material. However, it is a better than average, safe bet that I imagine may be HG material for many of you. Four lippies for a surprisingly good mascara in a cosmetic world overflowing with duds:) The only thing keeping me from giving five is that I will return to my HG Full n Soft.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by abatnamedtwitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This mascara was easy to apply with minimal mess. But it flakes SO bad. An hour into my morning I would be rubbing and blinking my eyes so much id have it all over because little flecks would get into my eyes. Super annoying. But the hour it stayed on was beautiful! Pfft.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by log94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

This is quite a good mascara however i was pretty disppointed as it is pretty average especially for maybelline who usually do brilliant mascara. the wand is too big for the little spikes and it doesnt really cover all the lashes 'one by one' so easily. it also makes lashes look quite spidery and clumps them together sometimes. i will continue to use it til it runs out because its grand but i wouldnt recommend buying it- there is a million better mascaras.