April 17, 2014 | 1886 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by suzanne123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have now found my HG mascara, I was shopping around at walmart and saw the stand for this, I had never seen this mascara in my life, but the colour of the tube really drew me to it. I have been using this for quite the number of months now, its great, I find you can use this for both natural and dramatic looks, it really does separate my lashes. I took one lippie off because it does smudge after a few hours. But that's a quick fix, have already repurchased and will continue doing so.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by pinkunicorn15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this mascara, but it didn't do anything but make my lashes darker. By looking at the brush, you would think it would make your lashes really long, but it doesn't. I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by kad9k

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I'm waffling on whether I would buy this again because I hate the smell so much. It is a very strong perfume-y smell, and it makes me feel like I shouldn't put it near my eyes. However, the formula and the brush on this are fantastic -- comparable to my HG Lash Blast. I really do think this does a good job of coating individual lashes with no clumps. I just have to decide if it's worth tolerating the smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Jorid

I bought this mascara because of the ugly packaging colours. Seriously? Coral and green? Not really. I was expecting a larger sized brush, but the rubbery thing actually looks like it would work fine.

I was sadly wrong. The mascara applies clumpy and it doesn't even help to comb through with a eyelash comb afterwards. You have to be especially careful when applying to your lower lashes, I end up looking like a doll and have to remove half of it with a q-tip afterwards. It claims to give your lashes volume, well yeah if clumps are volume.

In addition to being horribly clumpy, this mascara also leaves me with dark falloff under my eyes! Even when I've only applied one stroke to my upper lashes. I have to check during the day if I look like a panda or not. The little that's left on your lashes is easy to remove at the end of the day though.

It does not smell or make my eyes itch though.

I will not buy this mascara again, and not recommend anyone else to buy it. I wont give up Maybelline mascaras yet, but I'll look for another one next time they are on sale.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I really like this a lot more than I thought I would. The way they market it made me think it'd be very similar to L'Oreal Million Lashes. This blows that away. What I like is that it's volumizing, but not clumpy and it only takes a couple coats to get the effect I want. Oh, and it doesn't smudge, which is huge (I'm looking at you, Voluminous).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by shop74

I have tried all mascaras from Dior to Covergirl and this is the best new mascara out there. It does not bother my contacts! Can you believe that it works. I will not buy another mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 1:12:00 AM More reviews by LindaYAY

I bought this in Very Black, washable from CVS because I had a $3 off coupon. I really like this mascara. It's great at separating my lashes and defining them. I can tell that it makes my lashes longer because my lashes hit the lens of my glasses, haha. :) It's not particularly volumizing though. If you're looking for big, fat lashes, this is not for you. I would expect this effect from maybe Define-A-Lash or Lash Stiletto.

The packaging is probably what drew me to this. It's in a pink/red bright tube with blue accents. The brush is fat in the middle, but tapers off on either end. The bristles are rubber and flexible, which I think helps separates the lashes. The bristles are in neat rows. I know that one of the claims is that there are three bristles per lash. I wonder how this works since it doesn't seem like my lashes are being caught in three bristles. Still, great brush. Also, the wand is bendy, which might be helpful for some. At first I thought that I would be constantly poke myself in the eye, but I haven't so far :) It's easy to quickly swipe this mascara on if you're in a hurry, too.

The only thing that I don't like about this is the smell. I'm familiar with the general scent of mascaras, but this is completely different. It's a different kind of smell, and it's strong. I can smell this as I'm applying! I took off one lippie for this.

UPDATE: The smell fades. This is my everyday, go-to mascara because it makes your lashes look so natural, and application is incredibly easy. I apply one coat by swiping it through, and then pressing the brush into the base of my lashes, building up volume. It's almost impossible to make clumps with one coat. Even 2-3 coats looks great, and it builds volume with each coat.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by acd964

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara!!:). It really does define EVERY lash! I wish it gave me more volume though... I definitely liked this better then the falsies! The brush is my favorite part about this mascara. It is similar to the cover girl last blast only smaller and a lot easier to use:)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by veronicapaige

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is great for me. I used to swear by CG Lash Blast (orange tube) but I think I might like this one better! It doesn't flake, it gives me volume and length, and I don't have to use as many coats or strokes with this one. I also really enjoy the brush...it's kind of flimsy but it works wonders. I hope Maybelline doesn't discountinue this item because this is my new all time favorite drug-store mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by notanotheramy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Meh... If you ENJOY applying 2-3 coats of mascara, you might like the results of One by One. IMO, you literally have to coat EACH lash "one by one" to get any length, volume, or pretty much anything else out of this.

It does not cause my eyes to itch, no horrible smell, no flaking,,,just a labor intensive application. Glad I only paid about $5.00!