Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.9

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

on 1/29/2012 2:45:00 PM

In my opinion this product is too hyped up.
The glamoflauge concealer by hard candy works fairly well as an under eye concealer, but doesn't work amazingly for blemishes as I keep hearing. I have applied it multiple ways (i.e with concealer brushes, and others, with my fingers etc) and it may go on alright but it doesn't last very long or look natural even when set with a powder and/or primer underneath.
I love it for around my eyes though. It lasts forever. A little goes a long way. And for only 6$ it's a good buy.

on 1/24/2012 9:21:00 PM

I heard many great things about this product like everyone else, but I only got to use it for two days. The third day after I purchased it, the concealer had already spoiled and separated into a watery consistency. Three days! I wasted my money and my time.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this concealer !!! It covers up imperfections PERFECTLY !!! I bought it from walmart for about $8 which is a great price !!! I have it in medium which is a little lighter than my skin tone, but that is fine because I mainly use it for my undereye circles. Be careful when you are squeezing out the product from the tube. You only need a little bit ! I know this concealer will last me forever ! I will DEFINENTLY be buying it again !

on 1/23/2012 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Unbelivable. I would take this over Kat Von D tattoo concealer anyday. Tan matches my skin perfectly. a little goes a super super long way, covers fantastically. i have a feather tattoo on my wrist and a pea sized amount of this stufff completley covered it. Amazing stuff!

on 1/20/2012 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

It's a great concealer. It's the title says it all.. Heavy duty. Covers brown acne marks and its great under eyes too. It has a thick consistancy and a little goes a long way. I've had mine for months and still not half ways done. Pretty affordable as well. Love it.(:

EDIT: I stopped using it like a week after the review.. I started using it again and I kind of hate it now! It covers well but broke me out like crazy! I have about 15 pimples on my face cause of this!! And it gets me oily thru out the day... Sad it didn't work..

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

**A note to all those people who hate this product because it looks terrible under your eyes: what is happening here? No wonder it creases and looks terrible, this concealer is much too thick and heavy duty for undereyes! This is a great concealer, but only when used properly. It should be used to cover up major discoloration, blemishes, etc. Undereye circles are covered much better by true liquids and very blendable creams. Anything this thick will cake and accentuate lines wayyy too much.** That being said: I saw all the great reviews for this product and thought I'd try it. I've always had a hard time covering up my blemishes and dark acne scars, and usually my concealer doesn't stay on or last very long, so I have to keep constantly applying throughout the day, and putting a lot of powder on top to keep it in place, and with all of that, most concealers end up just looking cakey and bad. This concealer was completely different though, and I'm so glad I bought it! It's super thick and covers well, dries fast, and stays put. I have fair skin, and I use the lightest shade, and that shade is still super light on my skin, so I have to put it under my foundation to help it blend in and look natural. I apply this (just a tiny bit, that's definitely all you need) with my fingers where I need it, blend it in fast before it dries, and apply another layer if I need more coverage. Then I apply my foundation and powder on top. I love the coverage and the staying power, but sometimes it's so thick and the color is so light that it's hard to blend in nicely with the rest of my makeup. Still probably the best concealer I've ever tried though!

Tips: Use this ONLY if you need very heavy coverage! for minor imperfections and blemishes, you don't need nearly as heavy a product :) Also, sometimes I will mix some of this concealer with my lighter coverage foundations to give fuller coverage, and it works well.

on 1/18/2012 11:18:00 AM

love this product...it is great at concealing...very concentrated.....little goes a long way....good consistency,nice staying power..very good product for the price.....also got a concealer pencil with the tube...very useful for a precise application around the mouth or eyes... overall very good concealer to start with..

on 1/15/2012 11:40:00 AM

I braved a trip to Walmart just to purchase this item and it was worth it! Medium matches my skin perfectly. I have terrible, genetic, under eye bags, and this lightens them significantly. I would definitely repurchase, when I get the courage to return to Walmart :) Consistency is thick, and it does take extra time to blend, but the payoff is worth it. Tube dispenser is fantastic.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Wonderful concealer. I bought this because I have HORRIBLE dark under eyes and absolutely nothing else covers them. However, I found this and got it cheap around 5 or 6 dollars. It comes with a tube of concealer and also a pencil corrector. The good thing about this concealer is it has very heavy coverage, the bad thing is, if you tend to have lines under your eyes it does and will settle into them. If you set your makeup with poweder then it shouldn't be an issue, at least it isn't for me after I played around with it. I put on my foundation and put a thin layer under my eyes, then mix the Glamoflauge with a Neutrogena 2 in 1 under eye concealer, after that I apply another layer of my foundation over it just to blend it all together then set it with powder. I know that sounds like a lot, but it really isn't. Neutrogena is a VERY light and natural concealer, I only mix them to thin out the Glamoflauge some. A little goes a LONG way so don't over do it. When using it over the rest of your face for blemishes, it's best to go over it once with your normal foundation, just to make sure that it matches up right and your face isn't spotted. There is a very small range of shades. Light, medium, and tan. Light is what I use and I have medium skin, tan will end up drying and being way too dark. This for sure goes into my holy grail of makeup.

on 1/13/2012 1:29:00 AM

First of all, there are things about this that I like but yet disliked as well.

THINGS I LIKE:
1. Great coverage - Very pigmented product.
2. A little goes a long way - I probably use just a tiny dot of it (around as big as --> O or sometimes --> o), and it spreads out perfectly on my skin. This will last me for a very long time - probably a year or so, lol.
3. The packaging - It helps me control the amount I squeeze out of the tube.
4. Doesn't look cakey - Depending on how much you use.
5. Price - I bought this for around $6CAD in Wal-mart.

THINGS I DISLIKE:
1. Doesn't last very long - It probably lasts about 5 to 10 min, literally. I put on my foundation, then apply this on top of my problematic areas such as blemishes and acne scars. It seems to have disappeared into my skin, and didn't do much with covering my blemishes and acne scars at all.
2. Doesn't have a wide range of shades - It comes in Light, Medium, and Tan. I bought Tan, and I find it slightly lighter than my skin tone but at least it has a yellow tone to it. But I use this concealer first before I put on foundation so the concealer can blend in with the colour of the foundation and doesn't look like you used any concealer.

WHAT I RECOMMEND:
If any of you have experienced anything from what I have said above, I recommend concealing first using Hard Candy Glamoflauge first, then layer it with any foundation of your choice. Since there are only 3 different shades, most of you may probably have the concealer either lighter or darker than your skin tone. If you were to conceal after putting on foundation, the shade of the concealer may be completely off from your foundation and look obvious, and fade off quickly. If you were to put on this concealer first, then the foundation, then the concealer will blend in with your foundation to make it look less obvious, and the foundation will help seal/lock in the concealer so it doesn't fade away fast. Just make sure you don't drag your foundation over the concealer, or else it'll just wipe it away. Also, I honestly don't think that this can work for dark circles. The consistency of this product is quite thick and can cake up, Those who want to conceal their dark circles, I recommend wand concealers. I don't really have dark circles, myself, but I've learned quite a lot about concealers from a YouTube guru: MakeupGeekTV.

I don't know if any of this made sense, but I hope I helped a little. :$

Overall, I don't LOVE the product, but I LIKE it. But then again, this is the 2nd concealer I've ever tried. I'm actually hoping to buy a concealer from MAC and try that one out. continued >>