Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.9

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Hard Candy's Glamoflauge Concealser is a set of two, heavy duty concealers, a liquid concealer, and a pencil. This concealer supposedly is pigmented enough to cover tattoos. Hard Candy is a former high end brand, sold at Sephora. It's now exclusively available at Walmart and Walmart.com. How the mighty have fallen. Hard Candy does not test their products on animals and makes their products in the US. Glamoflauge is only available in four to six shades, which is an unacceptably small range. I purchased this concealer at Walmart, in the shade Light, for $6 for 20g of product.
Packaging for the liquid concealer is a clear squeeze tube with tribal tattoo designs, so you know it's cool! Removing the black plastic cap reveals a needle nose applicator the dispenses the product in a thin ribbon. Packaging is functional and kinda cute. I wonder if the tube got it's tribal tattoo in the late 90's when it was trendy, or more recently, for irony's sake.
Before I move on to the bulk of the review, I'm going to talk about the concealer pencil. I don't know what to do with this thing! Hard Candy's included instructions say that it's for outlining your tattoo before concealing it, but I don't have any tatz that need concealing. I can't find any use for it. Halp? It seems well pigmented n'at, so I'd hate to just toss it out. No one else mentions the concealer pencil in their Glamoflauge reviews, so I guess no one else knows what to do with it either. Moving on to the liquid half of Glamoflauge.
Nobody was kidding when they said this concealer is intensely pigmented, and you only need the smallest amount possible. They're like the OCC Lip Tars of concealing I guess. The texture of Glamoflauge liquid concealer is very thick. The kind of thickness that comes along with rich pigmentation. At first it feels very creamy, but the more you blend it and work it into the skin, the drier it gets, turning almost pasty in consistency. Hard Candy says that Glamoflauge blends into the skin seamlessly. Disagree. Glamoflauge sits on top of my skin, feeling heavy, uncomfortable, and mask-like. No me gusta.
To be honest, I don't think Glamoflauge provides the super amazing coverage that everyone raves about. Don't get me wrong, it's good, but it's not Holy Grail good or anything. When it comes to under eye coverage, I feel like Rimmel's Match Perfection Concealer is better. Actually I don't think Glamoflauge should be used under the eye. It's too dry and has a tendency to cake and settle, which won't look very attractive. Though it may not be great for the under eye area, Glamoflauge does well at covering redness and pimples. However the way people talked about Glamoflauge, I thought it was going to be way more full coverage than it really is. Full coverage enough to cover my chicken pox scars, and the freckles left over from my childhood as a ginger. It doesn't. Not even with three coats. For the record, I don't normally try to cover up my freckles n'at, I was just trying to test out Hard Candy's "heavy duty coverage" claim.
Because of how thick Glamoflauge is, it wears all day long. I guess it's dryness makes it a moisture magnet though, because this concealer cakes like no other on me. It's also very stubborn when it comes to removal. A facial wipe, or merely washing your face does not do the trick. For this concealer, I need a cotton round with some oil based remover on it. I guess it think's its a waterproof mascara.
I forgot to talk about the coloration of this concealer. I have the lightest shade, Light, and in my opinion, it's not very light. It's at least a shade or two too dark for me. It's also quite yellow. This concealer tends to oxidize as well. It's not severe oxidization,but there's a definite orange cast to it that isn't there when first applied.
Another point worth mentioning is the oil. When you open your tube of Glamoflauge for the first time, you will not get concealer out of it. You will get copious amounts of oil instead. At first it's straight up oil, but if you keep squeezing it out, it'll morph into a bizarre, icky oil-concealer mixture. Eventually, you'll squeeze most of the oil out, and then there'll be room in the tube for you to squish and mash the concealer and remaining oil back into the concealer. It kinda freaked me out at first, and I thought I got a bad tube, but this is a common complaint in reviews.
I have really mixed feelings about Hard Candy's Glamoflauge Concealer. I feel like it's another one of those over hyped product, like Revlon Lip Butters or Maybelline Color Tattoos, that everyone gets excited about, and I find them to be only average. Glamoflauge covers well, but it's not Photoshop in a tube, like some say. For reals, I'm not sure how this stuff conceals tattoos if it can't even cover a few freckles with several coats. I'm definitely not a fan of the pasty, dry texture, or the pasty, dry wear. Removal is way harder than it should be fore any concealer. But on the bright side, it's a definite value win. You get a ton of product for a few bucks, and you only need to use a drop at a time. All in all, I don't think Hard Candy's Glamoflauge is a bad product, it's just not for me.

I love this concelor its taken them spot of my Mac studio plus in my makeup bag. Plus so much cheaper!
First thing I have to stress about this is a little goes a really long way. No need to waste it when not needed. Covers amazingly. If your looking for something more sheer u can add a small amount of primer mix it and apply. I even used it to lighten my revlon colour stay foundation cause I purchased a shade darker then usual.
Def worth the money it was about 5.99 at Walmart. I bought the lightest which is perfect for my fair skin. The tube works very well allows for a non messy application. I apply with my finger however a concelor brush would work well too. I actually recommended this product to 2 different people at work today. I'm a firm believer in if you find something that you love for so cheap pass it on and share it with everyone. Nothing annoys me more then having a product I love be discontinued. Like my all time favorite NYC matte bronzer that cost 2 bucks. My heart still is breaking over that loss!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

After all the hype I finally caved. This has excellent coverage but I wish there were more color options. Medium is kind of off on me and appears chalky.. maybe I just need to work with this more. I'll repurchase if they extend their color range.

Four words: photoshop in a tube! This is by far THE BEST concealer I have ever used. It's the only thing that covers the stubborn dark circles under my eyes - and believe me, I've tried pretty much everything! This product is absolutely amazing, even the price is amazing for the quality. I bought this in January and I haven't even used a quarter of the tube, so a little really does go a long way. I also use it on my acne scars and blemishes on my face - it instantly takes away any redness, and the mark is invisible!
The only con I can think of for this concealer is that it is oil based - although even if I had known this before I purchased it, it wouldn't have made a difference, I would still have bought it. Oil based products are a bit of a nightmare for oily skin, but you definitely can't tell when you use this. As others have said; the concealer does take a while drying, which can be a problem if you are in a hurry or don't have much time to do your make up. However, if you can afford to wait a few minutes, then it will be well worth the wait - I promise! I usually apply my foundation under the concealer, and then use a sweep of powder over the top. This keeps it on all day long, so I don't have to reapply, (unless I've been out in the rain!)
Another con could be the slight creasing under my eyes, but like another reviewer has already said; you only need to rub this a little and it's back to perfect! Really happy I bought this, couldn't live without it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Info about me; I'm NC20ish, Revlon CS in Buff and my skin is combo leaning towards oily. I purchased this in "Light". This concealer was a hot mess for me. My first impression upon application was that it has amazing coverage, almost as good as my EL Smoothing Creme Concealer! I was ecstatic because I thought I'd found a DS dupe for my HE&HG concealer! Unfortunately, about two hours later I looked in the mirror and not only had this concealer vanished but it appeared that it had taken my foundation with it! It looked like I had smeared flesh colored chalk all over my cheeks and forehead and every bit of darkness, redness, or blemish was visible. I'll get some use out of this if I'm just taking photos immediately after (if I'm playing w/ my makeup) but otherwise, this is essentially useless for me which is sad because it actually looks beautiful at first.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I use this concealer in light and luckily for me it matches my skin tone perfectly. It's my absolute favourite concealer. To start off, it has full coverage, which is great for my acne scars. I have tested the claim that it can cover tattoos on a friend of mine. After outlining it with the pencil and a few layers of concealer you couldn't tell the tattoo was there. I haven't noticed any breakouts from it, which is surprising given my acne prone skin. It does take awhile to dry and if you're wearing it alone you will defiantly need to set it otherwise it will transfer onto everything. You really only need a tiny bit of this to conceal so a tube will last a couple months. Hands down the best concealer I've ever tried.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm in love with this concealer...
I've been looking for a nice concealer for use on blemishes and darkened spots, maybe even on under eye circles. so when I saw a video of a girl putting this concealer on a tattoo and it covered it COMPLETELY, I knew I had to try it. If it could cover up a tattoo, I'm sure it could cover up the slight (yet very red) scarring on my chin. And it did! It takes away all redness from my blemishes and makes them virtually invisible.

Most liquid concealers I use, they sit on the blemish and look fine, but when I go outdoors into the natural light, the blemish easily shows through. With cream concealers, the coverage is good but it looks so gross and cakey on the skin.
But this concealer... it's not necessarily a liquid, but it's not a full on cream, either. A little in between. and it glides on so smoothly. Not cakey at all (when you use the product correctly of course).

There are a few cons with this concealer, though. The first being that you have to be very careful with the amount you squeeze out of the tube. I guess it's not that bad, but it is if you don't exactly have much time to be precise (e.g. in the mornings and such). The first time I used it, I squeezed a small dollop onto my palette and when I began brushing it onto my face, it stretched out from my chin to my forehead! So a little goes a VERY long way, so come to think of it, it's not a con at all. But you must be very careful. ;)

Another con would have to be the color selection. It's not very wide at all. I use Light. And it is a little too yellowy and bright for my skin. However that isn't too much of an issue as I can easily put foundation and bronzer over it.

All in all I would definitely recommend this to a friend and I would repurchase for sure. For six bucks you get tons of high quality product. I am so happy to find a drug store product I am impressed with!

This is so so. I am big on concealers and it took me a year to finally get my hands on this product, so I definitely had high hopes. However, I didn't find it to have the very full coverage everyone says this concealer has. I tried many concealers ranging from lighter coverage to heavier coverage, and I would put this in the medium coverage range.
The main reason I wanted this product so badly is because I wanted a concealer that would FULLY cover my very dark circles. The concealer gave average coverage. I don't find the concealer to be drying, I mean, it is oil based isn't it? It also does not break me out. I also don't find this concealer to oxidize.The lasting power is not bad, I would say it fades after 4 hours. But it isn't a blotchy kind of fade, its a even fade. The little concealer pencil is cute. I LOVE it on my waterline. It also works well for further defining my eyebrows and lips.
I found the glamoflauge to transfer very easily and so it can wear off easily. Setting this with a powder is a must! I would also prefer my products to be water based, Also, the shade range is very poor, but that doesn't affect the actual product itself. It really sucks if you have a deeper skin tone, because I say this product is still worth a try. I think they should at least double what they have now.. like adding a very fair shade, a shade between medium and tan, a deep tan shade, and a true deep shade. I know some might find this concealer to be too thick or oily, but I don't have a problem with that. I also want to comment on the separation of HC's products. In my experience, HC tinted moisturizer, foundation have separated on me before, and others have mentioned it. Just a heads up, It's very easy to pick up a bad patch of product. I notice that one tube of my concealer is significantly drier than the other. Also, the concealer will separate over time, even if it didn't start out that way.

Hot Damn! Those were along the lines of what I was thinking when I picked this up at a local Walmart. From the reviews online, it's apparently comparable to MUFE's Full cover concealer. And from what i've seen in pictures, the packaging sure does look alike. Personally I haven't tried it but after tiring of my Pro Longwear concealer, I decided what the hay? I'll jump & try the dupe. Fast forward to now... Dreams currently killed. NO MATTER WHAT I DO, THIS ALWAYS CAKES UP!!!! It looks fake and you can definitely notice it on. Whether I've applied primer, used it bare, it just doesn't look good. That being said, the coverage is AMAZING! Wow, for drugstore, it sure covers a hell of a lot. It's like Revlon Colorstay all over again except it's a concealer xD But back to the product, it comes in three shades: light, medium, and tan. Obviously, the shades won't universally work for everybody considering the limiting amount of choices but if you're lucky to find something that works for you, then good! I got this in the darkest shade, tan, and for my nc40 skintone, it's just a tad light. But after putting on my foundation, it all evens out. I can't say i'm terribly disappointed since it was only $6 but yeah...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Pretty good concealer but not my favorite. It's sort of a watery consistancy and find myself using another concealer on top for better coverage. It also creases really, really bad :-(

Top Rated Hard Candy Products