October 20, 2014 | 976 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 6:04:00 AM More reviews by alabsi81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not a foundation person at all but this product is amazing and very light that I use it every single day (since I purchased it). On my first used I was shocked that it has almost no coverage as I expected it to be and I used the translucent powder by Chanel on top, it was a disaster. On my second use I tried the minralize powder by MAC which turned out amazing , since then I used them together every single day. If I want more heavier look I use studio fix compact powder by MAC. Again amazing . So my only mistake is when I used the Chanel translucent powder. Never again.

I don't feel any bothering scent and the texture is smooth. The color doesn't change after hours like other foundations I've used, so I can wear it from morning till evening, all I have to do is touch up the powder.

I am not good in testing colors but I guessed B20 is good and it turned out perfect.
I dont know how long the product will last, I've bought it 2 weeks ago and I'm using it everyday, so I'll keep using it and see.
I will definitely buy this product again.

(my skin originally is oily/combination but since my pregnancy and after delivery it became normal to dry, I didn't like using liquid foundations before but since my skin changed liquid foundations feels different on my skin and I like using it)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would not buy this for myself...there is not enough coverage, and it doesn't come in my color. But I would buy this for my mom is she wanted it. I took her to our local Chanel counter for a late Mother's Day present, and the sales lady tried this one on her first...and I thought it looked beautiful, but my mom wanted more coverage, so we ended up going with Chanel's pressed powder foundation. This looks pretty, but you do not get a lot of bang for your buck, and it's not for anyone who has any skin issues they really need to cover.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by helenr10

Thought this would be the best product ever as its from Chanel, but unfortunately has not lived up to my expectations. Colour match is ok, but after a couple of hours, it seems to start 'melting' around the oily T zone. Appears to stick to other dry areas as I have combination skin. MAC NW15 matte suits my skin better.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by sparklythings

I am soooo glad i finally got my hands on this product. I've heard so many great things about this foundation, but i was a bit apprehensive about it. I thought it might be too drying for my dry-ish skin. but this turned out to be perfect. i'm probably somewhere between nc25-nc30 right now, and this in b30 is the perfect shade for me.
This foundation is probably HG for me. It is the perfect amount of coverage for me, it feels soo light on the skin and blending it in, is a dream. i absolutely love the scent of this. it is pretty strong, but not in a bad way. i don't have sensitive skin, so ive never had a problem with breaking out from products, so i'm not sure how this will work for someone with sensitive skin.

this really does look like "my skin but better". it just looks very healthy and even... not like u have foundation on. the finish of this is just amazing and i love the way it looks on.
i actually really love the packaging. it is small, and the plastic bottle makes it practical for travelling.

this also seems to last all day on my skin, which i love. it still looks great at the end of the day. it seems to absorb into my skin so that it looks natural, and not like u have a layer of foundation sitting on top of your skin.

it's really a great product, and i would really recommend this foundation for someone who is looking for light to medium coverage.

i've tried the original vitalumiere and prolumiere, and i disliked both of them. they felt heavy on the skin and i just couldn't stand the way it felt. this is nothing like that!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by kitajenn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Easily the best foundation I've tried: lightweight but buildable coverage that camouflages minor imperfections and evens out my complexion. It looks very natural and doesn't settle into or clog pores. The only reason this isn't getting five lippies is that the color range doesn't go quite light enough for me. If Chanel ever introduces a lighter shade this will easily be my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by rivielle

I absolutely love Vitalumiere Aqua. I am a huge fan of Chanel foundations and think this is such an amazing in between formula. It isn't necessarily dewy and it isn't overly matte. It just leaves a beautiful natural finish. Although it is advertised as a relatively sheer coverage I find I can get quite good moderate coverage. The colour range is great and most people should be able to find a tone close to their own. Vitalumiere aqua is easy to apply and looks natural and flawless. I would definitely recommend this foundation!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This feels like a tinted moisturizer but coverage is more like a medium coverage. Very light formula which feels like skincare when you apply it...and I really like that. The tiny plastic packaging is a plus for me because it's easier to travel with. I have neutral skin tone so i found a shade that works for me but if you have true yellow undertone, you won't be able to find a shade in this line.

update: 8/29/12
as for performance...this was great during winter but when the weather is warmer, i found that it separates and moves around. it also transfers onto clothes quite easily, which is annoying and i am bothered by the scent now. i have few more drops of this left and i will not repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Rosee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm currently using this for Summer instead of my trusty Shu Uemura FA in 764 and 774 as I find that it has great staying power during hot humid days. As a NC 20-25 mixing both B10 and B20 gives me the perfect shade. B20 seems to be a great match at first but oxidises into a darker color.

I rate it a solid 4.5 stars over 5 :-)

Edit: April 30,2013. The high alcohol content was too drying for my skin and after prolonged usage, it gave me breakouts. :--(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by NARSaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my second Chanel foundation and I must say I realy like it. I previously tried Mat Lumiere and I did like it but the colour wasn't matched properly on me and I felt like it wasn't long wearing enough for me. So I switched to MAC Studio Fix fluid which is my HG foundation at the moment. However, although I love Mac studio fix I have found that it is a little to heavy for the summer months. SO after reading a lot of reviews I decided to try Vitalumiere Aqua. I was matched up as an 04 (i was an 02 in mat lumiere- far too pale) because I said i only want to wear it when i go on holiday or am wearing fake tan. I have to say it does blend well (except when I'm not tan, it's a little too dark then). However I do lighten it at times with my Mat Lumiere.

On to the wear of it. I had to shake the bottle a lot because it is water based, I didn;t at first and the product had seperated when i poured some out. When I put it on my skin it is very light and watery, the coverage is a little sheer at first but then it dries to a slightly more medium coverage with a slight matte/powdery finish. I have to say it makes my skin look amazingly glowy and fresh. I have seriously oliy skin so I set it with a little powder and do tend to blot and touch up with powder throughout the day. I wouldn't say I get realy oily with it, more dewy and glowy even in hot weather.

It is a great foundation if you don't like wearing heavy foundation in the summer and don't like the sheerness of tinted moisturisers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by ashergill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Back to the foundation, its water based I love it. It oxidizes so the true color doesn't show through until about 10 minutes later. It literally soaks into your skin but at the same time this isn't the foundation to use if you have any bad scars or really dark discolorations you'd want to cover up as this is very light and not full coverage. This is the 'no makeup' makeup it makes my skin look supple and luminous. And although I read how oily it makes some peoples face at the end of the day I havent had that happen yet. All in all a good buy =)

EDIT: so my knowledge on parabans was pretty sufficient before and yea everything causes cancer or so it seems but I was shocked when i realized the very product I was using on my face could one day make me end up sick. Uh that doesn't sit too well with no beauty product is worth getting killed over so back to the store chanel goes unless they change their use of parabans I don't think I will be going to them in the future. Its 2011 every other makeup brand out there no longer has parabans in their products to preserve it.. its high time chanel catches
up.