September 24, 2014 | 1445 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by rivielle

I absolutely love Vitalumiere Aqua. I am a huge fan of Chanel foundations and think this is such an amazing in between formula. It isn't necessarily dewy and it isn't overly matte. It just leaves a beautiful natural finish. Although it is advertised as a relatively sheer coverage I find I can get quite good moderate coverage. The colour range is great and most people should be able to find a tone close to their own. Vitalumiere aqua is easy to apply and looks natural and flawless. I would definitely recommend this foundation!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This feels like a tinted moisturizer but coverage is more like a medium coverage. Very light formula which feels like skincare when you apply it...and I really like that. The tiny plastic packaging is a plus for me because it's easier to travel with. I have neutral skin tone so i found a shade that works for me but if you have true yellow undertone, you won't be able to find a shade in this line.

update: 8/29/12
as for performance...this was great during winter but when the weather is warmer, i found that it separates and moves around. it also transfers onto clothes quite easily, which is annoying and i am bothered by the scent now. i have few more drops of this left and i will not repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Rosee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm currently using this for Summer instead of my trusty Shu Uemura FA in 764 and 774 as I find that it has great staying power during hot humid days. As a NC 20-25 mixing both B10 and B20 gives me the perfect shade. B20 seems to be a great match at first but oxidises into a darker color.

I rate it a solid 4.5 stars over 5 :-)

Edit: April 30,2013. The high alcohol content was too drying for my skin and after prolonged usage, it gave me breakouts. :--(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by NARSaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my second Chanel foundation and I must say I realy like it. I previously tried Mat Lumiere and I did like it but the colour wasn't matched properly on me and I felt like it wasn't long wearing enough for me. So I switched to MAC Studio Fix fluid which is my HG foundation at the moment. However, although I love Mac studio fix I have found that it is a little to heavy for the summer months. SO after reading a lot of reviews I decided to try Vitalumiere Aqua. I was matched up as an 04 (i was an 02 in mat lumiere- far too pale) because I said i only want to wear it when i go on holiday or am wearing fake tan. I have to say it does blend well (except when I'm not tan, it's a little too dark then). However I do lighten it at times with my Mat Lumiere.

On to the wear of it. I had to shake the bottle a lot because it is water based, I didn;t at first and the product had seperated when i poured some out. When I put it on my skin it is very light and watery, the coverage is a little sheer at first but then it dries to a slightly more medium coverage with a slight matte/powdery finish. I have to say it makes my skin look amazingly glowy and fresh. I have seriously oliy skin so I set it with a little powder and do tend to blot and touch up with powder throughout the day. I wouldn't say I get realy oily with it, more dewy and glowy even in hot weather.

It is a great foundation if you don't like wearing heavy foundation in the summer and don't like the sheerness of tinted moisturisers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by ashergill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Back to the foundation, its water based I love it. It oxidizes so the true color doesn't show through until about 10 minutes later. It literally soaks into your skin but at the same time this isn't the foundation to use if you have any bad scars or really dark discolorations you'd want to cover up as this is very light and not full coverage. This is the 'no makeup' makeup it makes my skin look supple and luminous. And although I read how oily it makes some peoples face at the end of the day I havent had that happen yet. All in all a good buy =)

EDIT: so my knowledge on parabans was pretty sufficient before and yea everything causes cancer or so it seems but I was shocked when i realized the very product I was using on my face could one day make me end up sick. Uh that doesn't sit too well with no beauty product is worth getting killed over so back to the store chanel goes unless they change their use of parabans I don't think I will be going to them in the future. Its 2011 every other makeup brand out there no longer has parabans in their products to preserve it.. its high time chanel catches
up.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by coco93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this product at the start it looks amazing and blends so easily. BUT one hour into wearing this and i look like an oil slick, a complete mess ! even after powder and primer and it was so expensive !

Update- i started using this foundation again to see if i could make it work and i am so happy to say that it has :D insted of using a moisturiser before applying this foundation i only apply sun screen and after the foundation i powder and it looks amazing ! I would say it lasts a good 6 hours on my skin before i need to blot and re-powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by busymomx3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm sure this is a really great product and makes your skin look great but did anyone notice the ingredients list? there are 2 kinds of parabens listed which is linked to forms of breast cancer. Just make sure your checking the ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Peri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't say enough good things about this!

Last spring, I bought Chanel's Teint Miracle on a whim and absolutely fell in love. It made my skin look like no other foundation had: even, dewy and natural.

When I found out they discontinued it, I sort of dallied when it came to going back to the Chanel counter, and instead used a variety of other foundations such as MAC, Lancome, L'Oreal, etc. While most were OK, I just didn't like the way my skin was looking.

The other day, I went into a department store and asked the SA to suggest a makeup similar to the one that was discontinued. She RAVED about this and told me it's what she wears (her skin was flawless) so I tried it.

I apply it with my fingers, which is new to me because I've been using a BeautyBlender for years, and my skin has never looked better. It literally sinks right into my skin and looks so natural and glowy. Some reviewers say it oxidized over time, but I haven't seen that. It's totally foolproof — I don't even need a mirror to apply it. It's pricey, yes, but for me it's an expense that's highly worth it.

I got it in B20: Beige, and it matches my skin perfectly. When I get a tan, the SA suggested going a shade darker, which I definitely will. LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by tututran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really do like the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, it was the last liquid foundation that I ever bought and I thought I would try it because of it's light texture. It's definitely much more watery than any other foundations that I've ever tried, which makes it a sheer coverage foundation. It really is for people who have the perfect skin and don't need much coverage. Although I don't have perfect skin, i don't like full-coverage foundations anyway, so it's a perfect liquid foundation for me.

I have the shade 30 Beige Sable, which I think is a perfect colour match for me. Although my skin is getting lighter in the colder months in Australia, I still think this would be my colour throughout the entire year. At the moment I've given liquid foundations a rest, but this is definitely the one I would wear again when and if I am in need of a liquid foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by nick7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have tried soooooo many foundations & this is one of the best! It has lovely coverage, looks like your skin only better, really nice natural slightly matte finish. No foundation lasts very well on my skin as i am super oily but this actually holds up quite well, i blot & apply a little powder in the middle of the day & that seems to keep me looking good till the end of the day! Doesn't cause breakouts either! would defo recomend!