November 22, 2014 | 1699 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by sanyav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Finally a MAC foundation that I can use! I've never been able to use MAC foundations ... Studio Fix Fluid broke out / irritated my skin like crazy, Select was waaaay too cakey and yellow, Mineralize liquid was just weird and gave me no coverage.... I do like their powders however liquid foundations were always a big fail and I had to keep searching through other brands. Pro Longwear foundation is the one I've been searching for in MUFE HD, Dior Nude, Nars Sheer Glow (which btw has no glow at all!) - and I never thought that I would find my holy grail (HG) foundation in MAC! Pro Longwer gives a smooth satin finish - not too dewey and not matte - it looks like skin. Coverage is medioum - it can be layered and I do on my cheeks. After applying it my skin feels moisturized. Overall, I would recommend this foundation over all MAC ones for sure and probably over most other high-end ones. I know some ppl try to compare it to Revlon CS - yo me it is not really similar to Revlon Colour Stay since CS is a lot more runny and thinner in formula.
*****UPDATE***** I've been using Pro longwear for a few months now and I still love it! It is great for everyday - it stays put through the day in the office and no worries about touch ups. My searh for HG foundation has ended!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by so_siqqq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finally, a foundation that lasts long on my very oily skin and looks natural! I've tried other MAC foundations like SFF and didn't really like it because it was too heavy and did not last long on my skin either. But Pro Longwear actually lasts about 8-10 hrs on me in conjunction with Prep+Prime translucent powder. If I don't touch up for a couple of hours my skin just looks glowy, not patchy like most other foundations do after 4 hours. The texture is somewhat thick--kind of like NARS Sheer Matte--but does not feel heavy on my skin at all. Coverage is medium and I use 2 pumps for my entire face, which covers most of my hyperpigmentation. I've tried several brushes with this foundation (187, 190, flat top kabuki, and round top kabuki) and I think a flat top kabuki gives the best coverage and finish. The finish of Pro Longwear is a mix between satin and matte and is a little tacky after applying, but that is easily solved by letting the foundation set for a minute or two before powdering. I use Pro Longwear in NC25 and find it to be similar to SFF in the same shade, but I find Pro Longwear to have stronger yellow undertones than SFF. Also, I've been using this foundation for 2 months now and it has not made me breakout at all. Overall, if you have oily skin and are not allergic/reactive to MAC Foundations, definitely gives Pro Longwear a try!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by tatt2thruandthru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

CONS: Tacky for 20 minutes after application....Accentuates any dry areas, even with great moisturizing.....Color seemed "slightly" lighter than what they claim the shade should be in their shading system......So long wearing it takes some serious work getting completely clean and rid of the product. This is a bad thing for me having sensitive, rosacean skin that is highly reactive.
PROS: Great coverage..... Buildable.....Excellent staying power.....Blendable
FINAL: I think personally think that Revlon Colorstay is a better alternative to this foundation. In my opinion this foundation just isn't so appropriate for people with skin types other than oily (which during the winter is not the case for me).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryMojito

so, far this may be my HG! i love the coverage. i love that it stays on long. works well with my oily skin! looks great in pics. looks flawless and natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Vampvixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation! First off love the pump on the bottle, easy and not messy. I love the color match as it is perfect for my NC15 skintone. It blends in beautifully without me having to use concealer. I love the natural matte finish and the fact that it is actually long wearing like it claims. Seriously I put this on at 7am and after work and after partying when coming home at 2am it STIll looks good skin looks dewy not oily and it doesnt seperate or go into any dry patches. Even the application is very easy i can either use my Sephora #55 airbrush brush, my fingers, my 109, 187 and 190 and still get a great application. Just blend it quickly before it dries that way. This ius truely HG congrats for MAC for getting it right.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by JayMUA

First off, I love that it has a pump!

secondly, it really is longwear, it actually takes effort to clean it off my face at the end of my day.

I went snowboarding & this foundation stayed on my face even though I had wet snow, neck gators & goggles pressing all over it all day. It stays true to its name LONGWEAR.

My only gripe is that I'm usually NC25 in the winter & NC30 in the summer but the NC30 is sooo much darker than the NC25 in line. The color jump is pretty big so right now im a little mix of the two & i bought NC25 for the winter. I guess I will have to get REALLY tan for the summer to use NC30 because I also love the coverage it has on me!

My skin looks flawless & i do not need a concealer AT ALL. I just dab a little more foundation anywhere with a blemish & blend it right in. this foundation is considered medium coverage & can be built up to heavy without being too cakey. Also, its a natural finish.

I LOVEEEEEEEEE it

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by islandbgrl

I like that this foundation, if applied correctly, can give a nice natural look that does last all day :)
but i couldnt give it five lippies cause the first two times i wore it, i broke out. this is my first MAC foundation. You really don't need a lot either, i just use one or half pump depending on the occassion. I apply dots on my face and then use a extremely dense flat top brush (Sonia Kashuk flat top multi purpose brush) and then lightly blend it in. It looks natural and i'm enjoying this foundation, even though i dont wear it every single day.

update: i wore it to practice&&where i practice its pretty humid! so sweat and even constant wiping of my face. and when i got home, my face still looked like it was when i left the house. and i put in on @ 7 in the morning && then i came home around 7. so amazing! obivousily i didnt put on a lot but enought to make my face look naturally flawless (if that makes sense @ all). anywho, definitely AMAZING!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by hermommy09

I think i have finally mastered this foundation. For me(combo/oily/acne prone lately) I have to spray my face with something like fix+ or aveno water and i apply it with my fingers. i find using my fingers is the best method of application because the heat from my hands helps blend the foundation and looks flawless. it dulls down imperfections but doesnt cover them. i also found that if i dont completely take this foundation off, i break out pretty badly. overall this is a good foundation and would be second next to my ELDW light. really like both though

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by MadamButterfly75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very oily T-zone, I put on my makeup on (studio fix fluid) like about 6:30am and would have to blot at about 9:00am and again at 12 because I was very shinny. After reading the reviews I thought I give it a try. Well I have to say that I don't have to blot like until the afternoon. It is really long wearing. After work I take college clases and my makeup looked great after the long day. Bye bye shine!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

EDIT 03/28/12---I will absolutely NOT repurchase any Estee Lauder products until they choose to quit misleading their customers about animal testing.

This is a good foundation. It covers well. Builds up. Lasts. Hasn't broken me out and I have been using this for over a month. The color does not turn and it comes with a pump. The price is reasonable.

It looks as great as MMU does at its best except this lasts--it even holds up on the bridge of my nose where my glasses sit. Except for my lips, I never retouch my face throughout the day and I refuse to spend more than about 10 minutes on makeup from applying primer and letting it set to my final step which is always mascara. And don't think I don't spot check because I just can't believe it. MAC foundation: $28; Foundation Brush: $42; Not worrying about your makeup: priceless.