MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 3/2/2011 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I recently just purchased the MAC Pro-Longwear SPF 10 Foundation to see if it really did what everyone said (last ALL DAY) and wow were they right! I have the color in NW30 and I must say, it is alot more watery then my other MAC foundations but it really is great so far. This foundation, along with all my other MAC foundations have not made me break out which I love. I applied it around 9 o clock in the morning and it is now 8 in the evening and all of it is STILL ON! Ive been touching my face all day, taken a nap and it still remained on my face! I LOVE it! I cannot believe how well it stays put! I will def be purchasing this in the future when I run out! :D

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Pros:
-this is a nice foundation
-does last well
-does not need to be set with powder because it dries fast and to a matte / semi-matte finish, although I do set mine with Mac Mineralize Skinfinish powder (light medium)
-haven't noticed it to oxidise on me.

Cons:
-Tough to remove, kinda of like Estee Lauder's Double Wear

Shade:
-I use NC25 and it does seem slight darker but still fine, especially with summer on the doorstep
-Other foundation shades I use are Sand and Tawny in double wear although the nc 25 would be somewhere in between
-Bourjois healthy mix in 52
-Sassy minerals in olive medium, or golden medium for the summer
-There are so many others I use, but I just cannot remember them all of the top of my head! :)

on 2/28/2011 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

UPDATE: For some reason this foundation is a bit to sticky for me, I don't understand why :( I just hate the application of this foundation. I do moisterize before and everything.. But for some reason it ends up looking cakey and doesn't wanna move around when I want to blend..

Over all I LOVE this foundation. I feel like I finally found a foundation that lasts and matches me real well ! It truly lasts all day, I put it on around 9 AM, it lasts me till about 10 PM, however I do touch up in between. I have oily skin isn't so bad compared to others. About 3-4 hours outside, you might need to touch up THAT'S IF you really want to stay MATTE all day. Coverage is medium, but with their studio fix concealer, full is achievable since thats how I do it. I do have acne, a lot !

I mix NC 42 + NC 45, their color for this line is a bit lighter than their others but truly I love this foundation. But if Estee lauder double wear had a color that matched my skintone, I'D PURCHASE in a heart beat LOL.

on 2/26/2011 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I actually got a very generous sample of this from the MAC counter in NC30. I've been using it for a while now, so that tells me that I don't need to use very much to cover what I need to cover. It has medium, natural coverage. The finish isn't matte but it isn't dewy, either. It just looks like my face is clean, if that makes sense.

I'm extremely happy that it doesn't oxidize on me like SFF did, and the finish is less mask-like. You have to work quickly, but it is a bit more forgiving than Revlon CS. Applies well with a flat top brush (like SK) or a damp sponge. It is pretty good with oil control, although I still like to blot at least once a day for good measure.

on 2/26/2011 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'm a real foundation junkie- and this foundation is one of my favorites! Although it is light on the skin and not very thick, it gives quite good coverage for someone with bad acne scarring. It definitely has one of the best staying powers- even better than revlon colorstay's power. It controls oil pretty well and lasts longer on the skin than most foundations! However, this product is not great if my skin becomes dry as it excentuates the dry spots. FOR OILY SKIN ONLY! Keep in mind the prolongwear line's shades run about 2 shades darker so either go to a counter and try them out or order atleast one shade up! beautiful finish- highly recommended!

on 2/25/2011 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I think this is expensive for what you get.

The colour can oxidize, there is a pump dispenser whic if it gets stuck .. and mine did, will mess up the whole bottle. Do not try to open this and remove the pump.

the texture of the colours is ok. not great -- but doesn't cover as it should. It is priced way too high for the tiny bottle you get.

I don't see this as a good foundation but rather mediocre at best. Would not repurchase.

on 2/25/2011 1:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have tried many foundations and this one is by far the BEST! It has great coverage and lasts a long time on your face, especially in combination with a makeup setting spray. A lot of foundations I've tried either don't last very long, don't have good coverage or go on unevenly. This does none of those bad things. I was excited to try this and let me say, I will NEVER buy another foundation again. It's quite pricey, but very much worth the $30 you'll spend. It makes your face look matte and smooth which for me is everything I want in a foundation.

on 2/24/2011 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

AMAZING foundation! I've tried many liquid foundation before, almost all making my fact ghostly in pictures, however this doesn't! For me, it has the perfect coverage! It doesn't hide my natural skin but still gives me a nice color. Like all liquid foundation, I recommend setting it with powder. If you're worry of it being too heavy if you set it with powder (like me), try the mac select sheer powder. LOVE LOVE LOVE this product, can't go without it!

on 2/24/2011 6:40:00 PM

I am already on my second bottle, i LOVE this foundation, I was previously using MUF. I break out extremely easy and consider my skin combination. If applied right this foundation will last longer than half of the day and does not feel heavy and looks flawless when you set it with powder. I always get compliments on my skin and I like the concealer just as much expect not being able to open the cap in case i pump too much out.

Oh boy... I thought this was THEE Holy Grail...Two months into it, and my face is broken out SO BAD with those under the skin lumpy breakouts that won't even come to a head, and they keep coming back when you think they're gone. Cystic acne!!! It also caused little zits all over my chin and around my mouth... It was awful, and it ruined my skin. :(

I got it cleared up twice already by stopping usage, and at night my face settles down, but I put this stuff on and it just erupts all over again. I should add that I am NEVER sensitive, and can use pretty much any makeup without breakouts. For me, it is always about matching color and the feel, and the wear of the foundation that I'm after. I don't like how MAC Studio Fix gets oily, and makes my face look ruddy, or I would use that daily. Plus in winter I like a liquid for better coverage.

This foundation blends into my skin perfectly, and makes my face look awesome! I use the Laura Mercier oil free primer first, and it glides on with the MAC foundation brush. Then I use MAC blot powder to set it. So, what I've decided to do, is go look for a daily foundation, and only wear this on weekends or special occasions. The breakout is the worst I think I have ever had since I was a teenager. I am 42 and no way am I interested in having my face look this crappy. BEWARE! ...and DAMN YOU Prescriptives, for leaving me screwed by jumping the shark!!!

(NC40 in this foundation, C4 in Studio fix, Medium in MAC blot powder)

Video Reviews & Tutorials