April 16, 2014 | 2034 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by cramirez12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is the best one from MAC yet. I like it cuz I have extremely oily skin and this one takes a bit of it away. I also use MAC oil control lotion and that has improved my severely oily skin. The foundation has an easy to use pump. It's creamy and the foundation is buildable. GOOD JOB MAC!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

I am absolutely in love with this foundation. I've been thinking about getting this foundation for a month and I finally gave in bought it yesterday. It may be a little early to post such a good review but this stuff is that good. My cousin also has sensitive skin and she loves this stuff, no breakouts for her so i'm crossing my fingers I don't break out. If I do, i'll make sure to update.

I didn't have any trouble finding a color match. NC42 blended very well into my skin. I'm pacific islander with yellow undertones.

I've tried a few foundations from MAC and only three work for me, Satinfinish, Face & Body and now Pro Longwear. Everything else makes me break out. This foundation reminds me a lot of MUFE's HD foundation except BETTER. I apply this foundation with my flat top synthetic bronzer brush from Costco. I use 2 pumps and I pat and swirl just a little all over my face. The coverage I get is medium to full. Covers all my redness and acne scarring. When the foundation dries on your face you are left with natural looking, not too dewy and not too matte finish. Looks like your skin. Just because I do have a oily face I set everything with a light dusting of MAC Blot powder. This combo is love for my skin. Last all day, literally. As for oil control this does it very well!! I've never tried anything that controls my oilyness like this, it's shocks me! If you've been comtemplating about this GET IT!! Love this foundation and is def a staple!!

EDIT 12/10/10:

I've been using this foundation almost everyday for almost 3 weeks now and I still LOVE it!! The lasting power is so awesome!! I feel bad to wipe it off at night because it still looks so good. I feel like i'm wasting it. Lol. I dance hula and tahitian and I sweat a lot during practice. I wore this all day to work and then to practice that night and it still looked good after a 8 hour work shift and a hour and half of dancing and sweating. It did wear off but not much. I want to say about 70% of the coverage was still there. That's amazing in my book. Usually I leave with no foundation/blush but not this time. This will def be the foundation I will be wearing to shows and competitions. As for breakouts, NONE!! After 3 weeks usually my skin will let me know if it's a no go for me. Great coverage, lasting power and skin friendly. HUGE thumbs up to MAC for making this foundation!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Australianforbeerk2k3

LOVE this product. I have to say, I have always strayed from MAC foundations because I didn't trust them much. Not sure why, just felt they might be a bit too chemically. That being said, I always loved how people's skin looked when they wore studio fix! Anyway, I was looking for a foundation to stay on during my long wedding events and my makeup artist suggested this one. Kinda surprised (because she always uses Armani, which is great but doesn't last 15 hours) I decided to go for it. This product is fabulous!!! It makes skin FLAWLESS. I find it looks best with a primer, otherwise it settles a bit into the pores, but skin looks amazing literally for 15 hours and beyond. One dust of powder mid-day and you're back to looking like you did when you first applied it. It doesn't oxidize and turn weird colors, and the NC15 is perfect for my skin. No breakouts or issues with it thus far. I'm a huge fan and so glad I tried it - highly recommend it for those who can't stand coming home after work with no makeup left on their faces :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by mishycakes

Great for oily skinned ladies like myself. Its definitely long lasting, but it doesn't make
The 12 hour mark like it says it will. It stays fresh lookinmg through an entire 8 hour work day. My shade in studio fix is NC40. However, I find that the NC40 shade
For this foundation is a tad too dark, while NC35 is a tad too light. I end up having to mix the 2 shades together to get a match
For my skintone. I like that there is a pump dispenser. It is a little pricey but I feel that because
I only need one pump to do my entire face that I get my moneys worth. This will definitely last
Awhile and I'd definitely go out and buy another 2 bottles.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Cutekitti

The color is fabulous, not as olivey/orange as the studio fix fluid and matched my skin tone perfectly. However, it highlighed every dry patch of skin I had (most I didnt even know I had) My skin isnt particularly dry. It also slid off my nose in an hour and my nose isnt even that oily. I returned it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 9:10:00 AM More reviews by semor211

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am LOVING this.

First off, I've been actively cleaning out my make up and avoiding buying products with parabens. Clearly, this is not a "natural" make up product, but unless they go by another sneaky name, this product does not contain any of the common parabens in many products, so I was excited to try it since I do miss my Revlon CS and long-wearing make up in general.

First off, I love the finish. It's very natural, not too matte not too dewy and in my opinion has a good deal of coverage. I would say it's medium at it's sheerest. I haven't done this yet, but I imagine you could dilute it with some moisturizer for days you want a sheerer look. I like having a fuller coverage due to some acne and scarring issues, so this is a positive for me.

It is DEFINITELY long wearing, they are not kidding. It is the only foundation that has lasted well through a day of teaching school for me. I teach young children and find myself being active and moving around a lot with my students, and even Revlon CS didn't always stay put through some of that. I also live in Florida and am in hotter, humid conditions for about 10 months out of the year (even today in FL it's in the mid 80s!). I also started using this when I had a cold, and it has held up quite well through nose-blowing and watering eyes. This does mean that you definitely need to take some time and effort to remove the make-up in the evening, but that is the case with any long-wearing make up and that's the trade off you have to make for choosing a long-wearing foundation, so that does not bother me at all.

I have only been using this for about a week, but so far no break outs or anything, and as long as that doesn't happen, I can see myself using this for a long time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After trying a sample in NW25, I decided to purchase a full size. I loved everything about Pro Longwear, until I figured out that I was not removing it all when taking it off at night. I'm happy with my skin regime and didn't want to change that so Pro Longwear had to go. When I went to return it the SA mentioned that there's a hospital grade bonding agent in it so an oil-based cleaner is needed to remove it properly.

I did somewhat break out from my cleanser not being up to removing this. I stopped using for a week and decided to give it one last chance on Halloween. Big mistake, my skin completely revolted in multipliable breakouts.

If you are like me; more of a neutral toned, NW25 is noticeably pink.

Lastly a cap would have been nice, it made a mess in my makeup drawer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by lottielovesste

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love this foundation, the coverage and the staying power of the foundation is amazing.
i have really dry skin and i first applied this with a MAC 109 brush and i hated it, i tried it with a few other brushes and i still didn't like it, i felt like it was sitting on my skin and sticking to all the dry patches
i began to use my fingers to apply the product and i haven't looked back since, having dry skin i feel like i don't need a primer or a finishing powder for this foundation and once you work with it you can make it perfect for yourself :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by lopezw1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hope I'm not being premature in my rave review. But, used this (NC 20) for the first time today and am so thrilled! I'm 38, have very oily skin (somewhat acne-prone skin-although much less so now due to my Clarisonic) and can't believe how well this wore, really lived up to it's name. I kept staring at myself in a close-up mirror all today long, amazed at how great my skin looked (and I don't have perfect skin, as noted earlier :). I blotted my nose and forehead only once today, after about 8 hours! Very impressed and relieved to find this as i was forced to find a new foundation after several years (since Prescriptives has been discontinued, which was a blessing in disguise) MAC is so much better. Thanks to Crystal at the Bloomy's counter for recommending this!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by UrbanxGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have always been weary of MAC's face products after having broken out from them in the past. That being said I don't get excited when they have a release of any new face product. I received a sample from the MA about a month ago who was raving about how great it is. I used it daily for over two weeks and loved it so much I just had to go purchase a bottle. The coverage is nice and smooth and can be built up as needed without becoming cakey. I do not need to use but one pump and my entire face is practically flawless. I have very oily skin with a few acne scars on my cheek. This foundation gives a nice even coverage without looking too made up. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for decent coverage that still looks natural. I have considered the Revlon Colorstay my HG foundation for the longest time. It has now been bumped of off it's pedestal.