MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

I'm really loving this foundation. I use a flat dense Kabuki brush and it works really well to apply a medium to full coverage. I was matched with nc35 but I think it might be to dark for me right now since were still in January and I'm usually an NC 30 in the studio fix fluid. The texture and blend ability is really good, very lightweight feeling, and comes with the built in pump. I pray that this does not break out my skin over time because I'm really loving this formula. The only thing is that I feel like I have to use more product to get my usual coverage that I get with my double wear with just two pumps ): Will update in about a week...

Update: exchanged it for nc 30 and its working out much better. No major breakouts, much better color match then my dw and lasts the stated 15 hours. However if I'm in a hurry and really pressed for time I reach for my double wear instead. I find that I have to work with this much more then my double wear and use more to give me the coverage I'm used to. I love both foundations dearly so I consider both of them my HG foundations each with their pros and cons just depends what look I'm going for that day (:

Update: sad to say but with daily wear this broke me out like -no other. ): I just have bad luck when it comes to Mac foundations. My skin is just starting to bounce back to normal. Unfortunately some scaring is on my jaw line and will take some time to fade. Am definitely sticking to my estee Lauder from now on. Besides the perfect color match it never lets me down (:

on 1/23/2011 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

got a sample of this to try as i was worried that the studio fix would break me out and i heard that this one doesnt. I washed my face, moisturised very well and proceeded with adding this foundation....it was absolutely horrible!! it was like chalk, very very hard to apply, no matter which technique I tried. It was sticky, dried almost instantly, making it even harder to apply equally, and my face looked as if I had melted chalk and smeared it all over my face. my bf looked over at me and said 'WASH IT OFF NOW'!!! lol. I have to say, this is the worst foundation I have ever tried, so I am surprised by all the positive reviews.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great foundation. It covers well, is packaged well and stays put all day long. It's a little more matte at first, but after it has "set" and is coupled with the slightly shimmery Mineralize powder, it looks a bit more natural. It's a little tricky to apply at first because it is so thick. You have to work in sections. It works well as a concealer if applied with a nice concealer brush.

In the winter I have found this a bit drying (definitely apply to well moisturized skin!), but overall I think it is a great foundation. Covers, matches my NC15 pasty pale skin and does not break me out.

UPDATE: Still love this foundation! Right now I mix it with my face moisturizer (L'Bri pink moisturizer), and it's easier to apply and is less drying that way.

on 1/22/2011 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I'm a bit torn on this product and would give a 3.75 if I could. The last foundation I sampled was YSL's Teint Resist, which had what I thought was the perfect finish and lasting power (no blotting on my oily skin ALL DAY even without powder!). Unfortunately, there was no color match for my very yellow NC30-NC35 skin. Here, I have a more believable color match, but the finish isn't nearly as nice and the foundation sets to a tacky feel. In particular, the finish isn't as smooth and semi-matte as the YSL foundation because MAC "cheated" their semi-matte finish -- instead of the formula being inherently satin, there is shimmer in this product. It's not evident on your face, but I see it all over the back of my hand (aka my makeshift foundation palette) when I step into the sunlight. The actual feel of it on your face isn't very comfortable either. Without using a setting powder, you can feel it being a little tacky on the skin, and I end up getting uncomfortably shiny within 4 hours. With a setting powder, I can go for 6 or 7. Not holy grail, but I may buy it just for the color and above-average wear.

on 1/21/2011 3:52:00 PM

I'm giving this a "4" because I need to mess with it a bit to get it to work for me; however, once I do what I need to do, it's pretty near perfect. Let me explain: my skin is oily and large-pored in the t-zone, and I'm beginning to experience hyperpigmentation spots and fine lines/sagging. I have never been able to find a foundation that stays fresh looking and true to color all day. Now, I don't mind blotting--I'm quite used to it and, yes, I still have to blot my t-zone 1-3 times a day with this foundation, except in the deepest winter. But still, the finish is incredible on me and stays pretty darn nice on all but the most sultry of days. So, what's my beef? Well, my perfect winter shade falls in between NC 15 and NC 20, so I have to keep both shades on hand. Also, here in the winter, this formula tends to cake up and I can't blend it across my face, so I have to add in a dab of moisturizer as well. I mix one dab moisturizer, one pump NC 15 and one pump NC 20, and there I have it--my HG foundation. Another thing that I love about it is the SPF 10. I'm one of those people that hates sunscreen on my face, and, since I have an inside office job, I like to believe that this product shields my face adequately on work days. One more tiny gripe: I hate that the lid is matte. When the product drips onto the lid, it's impossible to wipe the surface clean. It's quite a tenacious product : )

on 1/20/2011 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation was very heavy, i had to mix it with a moisturizer and it still didn't blend very well. It tended to look cakey and the color was not quite complementary to my skin tone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really liked the staying power and the look of this foundation, but unfortunately the shades are much too dark. I'm very fair, but the NC15 of this was dark orange-y yellow against my neck, even when I blended well. Very odd. I wish I could be able to find a good color match, because this foundation's formula is great! :(

on 1/19/2011 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Absolutely marvelous! Best long wearing foundation they have invented yet. The color does not pull an extreme yellow tone, it can hardly be felt on the skin like studio fix fluid can and it lasts all day. I am so impressed! I use shade NC42. Would I buy this foundation again? Most definitely.

on 1/19/2011 7:22:00 AM

I went into the MAC store intending to buy a compact foundation to add to my collection, instead I walked out with this. Turns out a compact, as much as I would like one for ease of travel, is not compatible with my skin or my skin concerns - oily t-zone/combination skin, acne scar cover, long-wearing. The MAC Pro Longwear foundation takes care of all three concerns.
My skin can be warm and cool, but a quick foundation colour check with the MA and I decided I'm NW25 in this product.
As with most MAC foundations, I find they can be a little "orange", however this didn't seem to change on me when it settled on my skin. I use a duo-fibre brush to apply it for an airbrushed look.
I start work very early (430am) and usually by 10am my makeup is all but gone, despite using primer and powder to set it. The Pro Longwear does what it says on the tin and really does last.

My only complaint is this dries to a matte finish, and I like that dewy look. So, I have two foundations I switch between; this one and Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk Foundation in 5.5.

I think MAC have finally figured out their foundation formula and are onto a winner here.

on 1/18/2011 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this product. I've been using MAC for many years and yet I haven't been able to find my HG foundation. I"m normally an NC with MAC but with this foundation i was matched to NW, but it still doesn't look perfect on my skin, you can tell there is a pink tinge on my face. I also noticed that it doesnt look perfect as the day has gone through, maybe 4 hours in.
One day i will find my HG foundation, just gotta keep trying :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials