MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 2/19/2011 1:34:00 AM

I purchased this foundation about a month ago. I don't use it everyday... but it's my "special occasion" foundation. I use a TM daily. I must admit, I was quite hesitant to re-purchase a MAC foundation, because of previous break outs. So far, I LOVE this product. The finish is fabulous and very natural looking!!! I'm tempted to start using daily. As far as the staying power of this foundation, it stays put!! My face doesn't look different after 10 hours of wearing this foundation!! It's amazing!! Sometimes, I go to sleep and still have it on in the morning (I know that's terrible for my skin). Also, MAC considers it medium coverage... but it honestly doesn't feel like I'm wearing TONS of makeup. Considering I wear a TM daily, making the switch to this for those "special occasions" doesn't feel as though I'm wearing heavy heavy makeup which I think is great as well!
I would definitely try this one out!!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

In terms of coverage (that I need) and staying power during the day, this is an absolute favorite. It gives such a natural and beautifully perfect finnish without looking caky and that you're wearing a mask. I just love it. The problem is that I can't use it for more than a day at a time and then I have to switch to another foundation, because it BREAKS me out like no other. So you should try it because it gives a beautiful result, but if you're prone to breaking out, you might want to ask for a sample before you buy the whole bottle.

on 2/17/2011 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

this foundation is the best ive ever tried. At first i would apply it with my hands bc i thought that would provide me with the most natural finish, but it made my face look to cakey then i tried a flat top brush from sonia kushak and i loved the way the combo made my face look. this foundation really does work its not full coverage, but medium coverage and thats okay. its buildable and i got matched perfectly at my local mac counter. love this foundation will never use another ever again. the price is kinda high for me due to the fact that im an unemployed college student, but its worth every penny.

on 2/15/2011 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I think most people who write bad reviews on foundations want to believe that a foundation is supposed to be complete coverage, but its not, thats what concealer is for. But for foundation, this is a great one. It covers very evenly and it lasts for a while. I have a lot of redness and blotchiness on my face, but this helps with that a lot. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good foundation that covers a lot. Its not too too expensive, obviously not cheap though.

on 2/14/2011 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I really love this foundation. I tried it after reading the reviews on MUA and wasn't disappointed. It covers all my evil little flaws, even the post break out red marks. When I apply it at 7am and it stays on all day even through vigorious exercise. It will transfer if I hug someone wearing a white shirt. It can be difficult to completely wash off at night, even with a clarisonic brush. It hasn't broken me out after 2 weeks of use which I'm thankful for :) The product has a handy little pump which I enjoy.

on 2/12/2011 5:13:00 PM

This is not to be applied to dry skin. You have to completely moisturize your face for it to look even and smooth. Lasts very long, but gives me a cakey look if I apply too much. I like it but I'm not satisfied with it. My skin also feels tight like I'm wearing a mask! I will use it until it runs out!

on 2/11/2011 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

When I first used this I liked it because its lighter xoverage than Estee Lauder double wear, looks a bit more natural and feels quite light on the skin.
The coverage is medium and not very buildable. Unlike most mac (especially studio fix) foundations this doesn't break me out at all which is great. Although it can make my skin feel a bit sensitive at times. The staying power is better than most.
Whereas most foundations would be close to gone by 5pm after a full days wear this is still nicely in place.
A downside is that the oil on my nose will break though and as a result the foundation moves and has to be blended back into place. Also take care when blending as I think it does set so if you miss a spot you have to work to get to cover the spot.
All in all this isn't HG but I've been wearing it everyday and its took over from my Nars Sheer Matte for now and its a bit more easy to apply than Estee Lauder Double wear.

on 2/10/2011 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I wasn't sure about this product at first. The price was a bit steep for me but i liked what the product said it offered so i went ahead and bought it. i have used mac foundations in the past and they Never seemed to do well on my very sensitive skin. They used to break me out in little bumps and i really hated it. This foundation is by far the best i have ever used, i thought it wouldn't do well with my sensitive skin because i though it would contain more chemicals, but i didn't affect my skin one bit. It never feels like i'm wearing makeup at all and it definatly stays on alllllll day. the colour isnt a perfect match but it blends in well. The finish is amazing awell, its very natural even in direct sunlight it looks like i'm wearing nothing. it does well in controlling my oily nose too. I could go on and on about how much I love this product but i think ill stop right here. I love it and will recommend it to anyone <3

on 2/10/2011 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My Smashbox Surreal Skin Liquid foundation was discontinued (-I had been getting my supply from eBay the last several months, but now cannot find it on eBay), so I needed to find a new foundation since I’m on my last bottle. Price was a factor and I did not want to spend more than $35 for a 1 oz. bottle of foundation. I have not used a MAC foundation in over 10 years, and decided to give them a shot again. My skin is considered normal, which is neither dry nor oily.

I went to the MAC store earlier this week after seeing all the positive reviews on the Pro Longwear. The MUA removed my existing foundation with a wipe, added moisturizer to my face, and applied the Studio Fix to one half of my face, and the Pro Longwear to the other half. The Pro Longwear seemed a bit heavy but did seem to smooth out my complexion a bit more, so I bought the bottle. An hour later, I noticed my face had weird foundation flakes on both sides above my lips/the corners of my mouth on both sides. It was especially worse on the side of the Studio Fix. The Pro Longwear also had flaking but not as bad, and I figured it was because the MUA did not add primer to my face before applying the foundation.

I use Olay Regenerist UV Defense as my moisturizer, then Smashbox Photo Finish primer on top of that, and finally my foundation. I have used this regiment with various brands of foundation, from the expensive brands to the cheap drug-store brands and have never had a problem. I performed my daily regiment using the Pro Longwear foundation and I still experienced flaking after a couple of hours on my face! I had read from reviews that this product dries quickly and to work in small doses, so I did just that hoping to combat the flakiness, but it did not seem to work.

Also, the coverage of this product is on the heavy side, and my face has an unpleasant “maskiness” feel to it that feels unnatural. Even with the cheap drugstore brands, my skin has never felt like this.

I’m going to take this back to the MAC store today and get a refund. Seeing how the Studio Fix also caused flakiness on my face, I cannot recommend ANY MAC foundation. I urge anyone who experiences flakiness to return the product right away because it won’t get any better, even with a good moisturizer or primer like I’ve used!

on 2/9/2011 3:38:00 PM

After having very bad luck with MAC foundations... I have found the perfect foundation!! I have literally tried everything and nothing has worked as well as this has. For the record I have terrible skin, so its hard to find something that covers well and doesn't make me look like I'm wearing a mask. I've read so many great reviews on MUA that I had to break down and try it. I was a little nervous because I've used studio fix in the past and it broke me out sooo bad. But, this foundation is AMAZING. It goes on smooth and blends well and never looks cakey, even after a few layers. It doesn't make my skin oily and it doesn't make my skin break out (I do use UD Pore Perfecting Primer beforehand). But, anyways I love this foundation. It looks perfect on my skin. I will definitely recommend this to anyone! And I will be repurchasing.

Video Reviews & Tutorials