December 20, 2014 | 1273 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by lab120178

Love it. I have the gentle brush and it is perfect with my cleanser!! It gives me gentle exfoliation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by sbgitana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Clarisonic Mia
My skin type is normal, if I don't take care of it can feel dry.
As we all have, I've been hearing the rave reviews of the Clarisonic. The gal at Sephora said, "It's life changing." Eventually, having credit at the store, I gave into the impulse after reading the claim it cleanses your skin 6 times greater. Sold.
Here's my review:
Packaging: Small "travel' size of the Clarisonic Pro/Plus. I choose mine in pale pink. Comfortable to hold, I have small hands so it was a perfect size and comes with a single on off button (one speed.) It also comes with a charger. The brush head is removable for cleansing and replacing when needed. I believe you can also buy the bigger 'body brush' (sold separately) to use with the Mia. I asked two sales ladies at Sephora about this they were unsure and it does not say on the instructions.
As a side note: one of the main differences between this 'compact' Clarisonic and the full size is the full size comes with a stand where you can prop it up on your counter. This actually was a 'minus' for me and why I bought the Mia because I have a small bathroom and no counter space so the Mia works well for those that have a small storage space for it.

Performance: A gentle but powerful rotating head, this one only has one speed: which was fine for me. I use it once a day at night.

Finish: My skin did feel quite cleansed after. I have been exfoliating a couple times a week with my own homemade sugar scrub which works magic, but I love using this at the end of the day. I used the trial size of the Clarisonic cleanser (see separate review if interested) and also with my own favorite Image Ormedic Facial Cleanser.
I so have pretty 'tough' or resilient skin so I did not experience any breakouts or irritations. Just clean skin.

Cost: High end.
Bought at: Sephora
My rating scale is: EXCELLENT, GOOD, FAIR AND POOR
Overall rating for this product: EXCELLENT.
While the vast majority of people have not had any serious reactions using the Clarisonic there are some Clarisonic causalities out there! (simply read the reviews on MUA to listen to their agonizing tales.).
So for those with sensitive or acne prone skin (and you know who you are) BEFORE jumping in headfirst to the Clarisonic party:
1. Consult a dermatologist
and/or
2. Try the Clarisonic out on a small section of skin first.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Tetteala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

-I have been searching for a product to unclog my congested pores. I have oily skin and I realized the tiny skin-colored bumps are because of the excess oil. After washing my face with countless scrubs that claim to unclog pores, I noticed there was no dramatic change. Other cleansers and scrubs just put another layer of product on my face without really deep cleaning.
-With that said, I was on the hunt for the clarisonic. The Clarisonic Mia is probably one of the best investments I have ever made. In just 3 uses, I noticed my skin texture has dramatically improved, and the skin-colored bumps on my face are slowly and surely disappearing. I have never had such clear skin! I have tried everything in the drugstore from Neutrogena scrubs and cleansers, Clean & Clear, Biore, Clearasil, you name it! I have also tried high end products like Proactiv and Clinique, and none have alleviated my problem of clogged pores.
-The Clarisonic Mia is weird to use at first and tickles my nose every time I use it. I love that it stops at one minute, so you don't over cleanse your face. I use a regular drugstore cleanser with my Clarisonic Mia. I wet my face, apply Aveeno Positively Radiant Brightening Cleanser on my face, then I dampen the brush and run it across my face for a minute. You don't need a high end cleanser when using the clarisonic (unless you want to, of course). Lots of people use Philosophy but to me, I think if you use a good cleanser from the drugstore, such as Aveeno or Neutrogena, the effects are equally similar.
-After the minute is up I wash the remaining cleanser off my face and apply Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Scrub. I believe the Clarisonic Mia preps my face so that my skin will better absorb acne scrubs/cleansers.
-Finally, after rinsing off the scrub, I apply Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. This gel is perfect for people with oily skin and sinks in better after using the Clarisonic.
-I love that the charger magnetically attaches to the handle. Don't charge it every night, I hear it might not hold as long of a charge if you constantly plug it in.
-Overall, do I like this product? YES, most definitely. You might have to adjust your skin routine after using this tool because it basically takes off all the dirt, thus starting you off with a clean slate every time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by erikalynne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have always relied on reviews to decide whether or not to buy a product so I have decided that I owe it to all who seek advice to add my own reviews. I bought the Clarisonic Mia online through Amazon and got a much lower price than most online stores. I have rosacea and was scared at how this little gadget would treat my skin. My skin is sensitive and oily at the same time with redness in my cheeks and occasional breakouts. My pores are also large with blackheads. Well, the Mia has been great for my skin. I cleanse with it morning and night and it does not aggravate my skin at all!! Actually, it improves the look of my pores, seems to remove blackheads, removes all traces of dirt and makeup and also improves the look of redness in my skin. I am 34 now and finally have decided to really start taking care of my skin and this is a step in the right direction. I follow my morning cleansing routine with SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF and Hydrating B5 gel. I find that in the summertime, I don't really need a moisturizer over the B5 gel because my skin is oily. I have just ordered some more products for nightime use so I will leave more reviews after I've tried them!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by jkbeno

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had my Mia for over a year or more. Bought it on QVC when it was a TSV. I don't use it every day but when I do, I use it with Philosophy's Purity Made Simple, which I love. The gentle brush works best for me and it leaves my face feeling softer than when I just use the Purity alone to cleanse my face. After using the Mia, my serum and face creams seem to absorb better. I consider it one of my better purchases.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love my Clarisonic. In December, I treated myself to this baby. As I recall, my skin was doing well, and for me this means I had about four or so small blemishes a month not including the hormonal TOTM ones, of which I had about 4 more and one would always be inflamed. I initially had an increase in breakouts, and it lasted about a week. I used the brush once a day before bed. After about 2 months I went up to twice a day as I noticed my skin was responding well to it. Well, my skin has not had a hormonal breakout or even a non hormonal break out in three months. I would say I have gotten 6 pimples in 3 months. I don't know that I can credit this amazing feat totally to the Clarisonic, but I have never kept my face so clear as I have since incorporating the Clarisonic into the wash routine. I don't want to be without it. My skin does not feel as smooth, glow as much. or even feel clean if I forget to use it when I shower, and I can always tell if I forget just by the feel of my skin when I apply my lotion. I've replaced the head twice (I like the sensitive one very much), and always make sure to take the head off after each use to rinse the brush totally clean. When I think about it and/or have time I will give it a spray with alcohol to sanitize it. I hope it doesn't break anytime soon, because I will have to get a new one and would promptly find the funds to do so. It's been that great for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by cappsma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am typically fighting breakouts, mostly on my chin, from roughly April to August. In the fall and winter I rarely break out. A friend recommended this and in addition to using tougher products for summer (Murad and Clinique products with salycic acid) I have noticed a tremendous difference in my skin this summer. My breakouts have been reduced by about 90% and when I do break out, it is minor, easy to cover, and clears quickly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by oneofmylies99

While not a necessity and by no means does it replace any element or step of my current skincare routine, I like this little machine. I'm acne prone and quick to get clogged pores and blackheads if any trace amounts of make-up or waterproof sunscreen are left after cleansing. I use the Clarisonic with Cerave cleanser to follow up my make-up remover and I can be sure that all traces are removed. I feel a washcloth is just as effective but a bit harsh. I've gone through periods of months where I don't use it and there isn't a huge difference in my skin but it's definitely a bit better when I do use it. I'll take any advantage I can get. I'm happy to have it though I wish I would have sprung for the pro version which comes with the body brush. I've tried the Mia with a Normal brush head on my elbows and knees and it still feels too gentle. The Mia is a great size for travel but I'm considering buying the pro version for the different speeds, the body brush, and the timers. While I don't have the pro version, I'd recommend getting that over the Mia unless you travel a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by naturallyfab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Even with various skin systems, I've always had blackheads and clogged pores. Within 3 days of using the Clarisonic Mia night and day, my blackheads are almost gone! I cannot believe it. I was really skeptical about this, but now I'm behind it 100%. If this ever poops out (my parents still use their original Sonicare toothbrush!) I will definitely get another one. I can't imagine cleaning my face without this now!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by StaceySmith945

I can`t decide how I feel about this, I`ve been using my clairsonic mia for around two months and when I started to break out the within two week. I didn`t think much of it, I though my skin was just purging. But after two months it really hasn`t been getting better, but not worse either. I`ve tried changing my face wash and changing the brush head but nothing! I`m going to keep using my clairsonic for a little bit longer to see if the results will change.