August 27, 2014 | 1734 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by polarpooch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

i would rate this higher were it not for the price of the product. i paid 125.00 on QVC for this, which was a little less than retail. the product itself works GREAT for my skin. i use the sensitive brush, and it nearly totally eliminated my seborrheic dermatitis--which had been giving me grief for months. it does a great job of cleansing and my other products DO work better now that i am super cleansing with this product. my makeup also stays on longer--i imagine since the primer i use works better on clean skin. i use just the regular sensitive skin clean&clear cleanser with it. as for pore size or oil, i haven't noticed a great difference, though something must be happening to keep my SD at bay. i do love using it as a body cleanser, though--it has totally cleared up the minor breakouts i had on my shoulders and back. i think this would be a must-get were it 1/3 of the price. i would try the new olay system had i not already purchased this. i do NOT like the charger that comes with it. it separates from the unit too easily. overall, it's a very good product at a price that is much too high.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 4:31:00 AM More reviews by realpeak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I've owned my mia for about 1 year and the longer I have it, the more my dislike grows! I have the sensitive brush head and it is still too harsh for my skin...leaves it red and feeling irritated. I have rotated cleansers thinking that may be the cause of the problem but whatever I use, the brush still irritates me. It does leave my face feeling nice and clean. However, the worst problem is is that it leaves me with cysts all over my face - particularly my forehead and chin area. When I stop using, the cysts go and my skin clears up. It also gave me dry patches of skin on my cheeks...which was strange because I never have dry skin. From a lot of other reviews I've read (not on MUA) quite a lot of people have experienced breakouts when using this too. I've tried using it every day, once a week, once every couple of days...doesn't work. All it gives me is break-outs, irritation and causes a flare up of rosacea on my cheeks. I noticed no effect on skin brightness or texture either. Personally I don't buy into all the claims it promises for your skin but hey, a lot of other people seem to like it so I guess it works for some.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by sremmers123

The Clarisonic Mia, in all honesty, is just an alright product. I used to have pretty oily skin, but after using the Mia, my skin started to normalize. It's still a bit oily, but no where near as much as before. But that's the only great change that I can see.

First off, this product is much too expensive. My mom bought it from QVC so we got it on a flexpay plan. Neither myself of my mother would pay full price for this. There are so many knock-offs of this these days. Even the brush replacement heads are expensive.

I was hoping that after using this product my skin would be beautiful, and glowing. I didn't think that my skin would be perfect but it just didn't deliver as I expected it. I feel like I still break out as much as before. Maybe I just can't remember though...

It may seem like I hate this product but I don't. I actually love it, but it just isn't as amazing as it's made out to be. At least not for me. This product really does help all of my product soak in better. I could probably get these result from a cheaper product though.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by mayascara

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this. I've been using it for over 3 months and I honestly can't see a difference in my skin, either with pores or acne. It feels kind of strange on the face at first, but you quickly get used to it
This device claims to "reduce oily areas, dry patches, and blemishes; fine lines and wrinkles appear reduced; remarkably gentle for cleansing all skin types, even with sensitive conditions such as rosacea and acne" on the box.
My nose is the oiliest spot on my face, and it's still very oily. For dry patches, I can't really say this was amazing because I used a heavy duty moisturizer when I did have dry or flaky patches on my skin. As for blemishes... As I mentioned, I saw no difference in my pimples or acne. Although I would say that using it on active blemishes is not a wise choice, because it would irritate the area more.
Other than my nose, the rest of my face do not really have visibly large pores. I've seen no difference in the blackheads and pores on my nose compared to just manually washing my face.
Although I got it on sale for $121.95, the price is still fairly steep for a device that did nearly nothing for my skin. This is better for people who do not have time to exfoliate their skin, or are just too lazy.
For reference I used the Body Shop Tea Tree Oil cleanser at first but then switched to Philosophy Purity Made Simple, which seemed to make my skin feel softer while using the sensitive skin brush.
I am currently using the deep pore brush head and am not impressed. Maybe I should just stop using this device.

I also noticed that mine did not do the 20, 10, 10, 20 second beeping, are Mias all like that?

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by KinFaith

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I bought the Clarisonic Mia about 20 days ago, I thought any skin problems that I have would disappear.I said to myself, I will never have to worry about my skin being an issue again..But I was proved wrong.The Mia itself, will not give you the results alone.Of course, you are probably saying Well duh, I know I need some type of cleanser and I'm good, but your not.The Mia is a great investment though! As long as you have a serious skincare routine with good products the mia is going to maximize the effects of your product! For real! I thought the Mia alone would solve my problems but using it HELPS A GREAT DEAL! Its perfect for travel and a gem in my makeup bag. Overall I think it is going to be worth it in the end.I actually FEEL my products now, I experience the tingle, the refreshing cleansing my skin is getting..and I love it. So, if my mia was to break(which they are completely waterproof) I would go scrapre out the money for a new one.I got mine for just $110.00 on Ebay and it was brand new with the charger and brush.And if you have sensitive skin, buy the delicate brush head.there is a delicate one, a sensitive skin one, and a normal.Alos they have a deep cleansing one which is what I want to try next.Currently I am using the sensitive skin one..and I normally would tell someone I have normal skin, but I think with this you need to go down a level and get a more sensitive one.So normal skins get a sensitive and sensitives get a delicate! Hope this has helped potential buyers! ♥ EDIT: Okay so its is now 7/18/2011 and I SOLD my mia about a week ago on Ebay.After a few more weeks of using it nothing really changed except the amount of oil and acne I was getting, and it wasnt decreasing either! My skin got really bad before I finally decided to stop using it twice a day for a couple of days.And in those couple of days my skin got better.So I sold it and well, didnt make a profit but got most of my money back.I think I wanted to like it so much that I wasnt able to accept the fact it just wasnt working any miracles for me, in fact, it was doing the opposite.So now i am happily using my dermalogica clean start cleanser with my HANDS :) these babies are FREE.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by lolawants

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is NOT for those with sensitive skin issues, like rosacea or SD-prone skin. (I wish I would have taken my own advice instead of spending a Sephora gift card on this puppy!) Big surprise: my skin hated it. Even with the most gentle brush and using it every third day or even once a week. I ended up giving it away.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by sharonshizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate how I must bring down all the great reviews for this. I bought this is great anticipation in what it can accomplish for my skin. Now, I have quite good skin but every girl is greedy for that flawless without a speck of makeup skin. I get the occasional blemish around that time of the month, slight redness on my cheeks, and some blackheads on my nose. Nothing major to clear up but I thought that this would be the final step I needed for completely flawless, porcelain skin. Also, one must note that I have extremely sensitive skin. The first time I used this, I loved the way my skin felt. It felt so smooth and extremely clean. I woke up and expected to wake up with the clear, glowing skin that all the other reviews here rave about. However, I woke up with two inflamed cystic pimples and bumps around mouth area. WTF?? Being the MUA faithful that I am however, I stuck with it for an entire month and a half, excusing my breakouts to purging. My confidence meanwhile going extremely downhill. I even canceled a first date with a super cute dude cause I just looked so horrible :( I finally went in for a facial and my esthetician was just shocked at how bad my skin was. I usually go in once a month and she always compliments me on how great my skin is. When she found out that I was using the Clarisonic she completely chewed me out. She told me that me that the Clarisonic is not meant for skin like mine. I have extremely sensitive skin and my skin is very very thin and the brushing action of tools such as this would aggravate my skin. This tool would be great for somebody with less sensitive skin than mine but it did nothing but damage to mine. I stopped using this tool and my skin went back to normal. I now have a stubborn scar to deal with though :( So sad that this didn't work for me.

Note: I DID buy the sensitive skin heads

17 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by tiffax

I do adore my Clarisonic Mia, but it definitely came with a hefty price tag. Since I started using it, my skin feels softer and looks brighter. Mine came with the sensitive skin cleansing head but I purchased the normal refills off Amazon and it works great. It does a really good job at taking off all my makeup, though I still go through with a toner after to get residual makeup/cleanser off. I use it every night in the shower to clean my skin and allow my moisturizers and serums to really sink in and do their job. Sometimes I use it in the morning and sometimes I don't, depending on if I feel like my nighttime products are still feeling heavy on my skin or not. I always make sure to let it do its full charge when it's time to recharge before using it again, since I assume it has a lithium-ion battery inside and you want to run it all the way down then let it fully charge again before using it to extend your battery life as much as possible. The charger is great and I love that it magnetically clings to the tool. The Mia is really durable (I drop it at least once a week) and feels really well made. I do wish that there was the option to set it to go for different amounts of time, but at least I know each session is a one minute increment. I haven't tried any of the more economical face cleansers out there, but since I love my sonicare toothbrush, I had to get the Mia.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by lorraine07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore my Mia. Only giving a 4 due to price, expensive refill brush, & size. Wish it was a little smaller & lighter. IMO it is not travel friendly....bulky & heavy.
It really cleans my face....i noticed that some of my pores have closed up.
My nighttime routine:
1) I remove my eye makeup with eye make remover
2) I use cleansing wipes (any will do) to wipe my entire face & remove face makeup & so forth.
3) I then use my Clarisonic Mia in the shower to wash my entire face, esp. around my nose & mouth (my oily/breakout part)
4) Moisturize face.

I only use this at nighttime (some recommend in the am) as I don't want to over scrub my face & it is all I need. I still feel that my face is clean & moisturizer clings better on skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 5:19:00 AM More reviews by iheartNARS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unless you are going to use this regularly, I would pass on purchasing the Mia. I love my Mia and when I do use it, it leaves my skin smooth and oh so clean. However, I use it sparingly. Although it is a great product and nice to have, it is not something I cannot live without.