July 23, 2014 | 1201 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by lorraine07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore my Mia. Only giving a 4 due to price, expensive refill brush, & size. Wish it was a little smaller & lighter. IMO it is not travel friendly....bulky & heavy.
It really cleans my face....i noticed that some of my pores have closed up.
My nighttime routine:
1) I remove my eye makeup with eye make remover
2) I use cleansing wipes (any will do) to wipe my entire face & remove face makeup & so forth.
3) I then use my Clarisonic Mia in the shower to wash my entire face, esp. around my nose & mouth (my oily/breakout part)
4) Moisturize face.

I only use this at nighttime (some recommend in the am) as I don't want to over scrub my face & it is all I need. I still feel that my face is clean & moisturizer clings better on skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 5:19:00 AM More reviews by iheartNARS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unless you are going to use this regularly, I would pass on purchasing the Mia. I love my Mia and when I do use it, it leaves my skin smooth and oh so clean. However, I use it sparingly. Although it is a great product and nice to have, it is not something I cannot live without.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by ChrisLO

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a terrific tool and I'm sorry I didn't buy one years ago.

The reason I purchased the Mia rather than the standard brush is because I thought it would be easier to use the smaller size tool. I'm very happy with how it handles.

Since buying the Mia a couple of weeks ago, I've been using it with the Deep Pore brush and have had great results. It took only a few days for me to notice my skin feeling and looking smoother.

I've been using the oily skin gel cleanser with it and think it's a little too drying for me but since it's summer and I tend to get oily I'll use it for now. In the fall I'll change to something else.

I won't be without my Mia from now on.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by niki0315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had Clarisonic Pro two years ago then I found it didn't do anything to improve my skin so I sold it. About last year I decide to try again so I bought Mia. I used it every night with sensitive brush head for around 1 minutes because I wore makeup everyday and was believe it can deep clean the left makeup on my face even I use cleaning oil as make up remove. I had used it for about half year and my skin became so sensitive due to the weather change and maybe hormones change. I had stopped using it for two weeks and my skin didn't get any worse but healthier after I started using cream de La Mer.

it is a good quality product but just not necessary for my sensitive thin skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by AudgePodgeBup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased my Mia about a month ago with hopes that it would help my acne that I was having. A friend of mine referred me to it, saying her acne has improved at least by 75%. I was sold. I searched for as many reviews as I could find for this product. About 98% of them were great, so I bought my Mia, and fortunately had a 20% off coupon.

I really do like this product. I wouldn't say it is a miracle product. I haven't gotten any compliments on my skin, which I was hoping people would notice that it looked better because I heard it helps your skin glow. So far, no glowing.

It DOES clean my skin really well, which I think was why I was breaking out constantly. I break out on my cheeks a lot because I grew my hair out and it's always touching my face, especially my cheeks. I believe the Mia cleans them well enough so that I don't break out as much anymore. It also leaves my skin feeling super soft.

I still have blackheads and whiteheads (milia) so it hasn't gotten rid of those. Maybe over time it will?

My main concern was just my acne. I was suffering from scarring and the scars would be there for months. This product has definitely helped with the scaring and they do fade faster and eventually disappear. It also helps when I do get a pimple, it helps it go away quicker and heal better and I don't get nasty flare up zits. Just average ones that go away in a couple of days.

All in all I like this little brush. I would definitely repurchase if mine broke. I love how deep it cleans my face. I am thinking about purchasing the normal brush head. I may need something more aggressive.

EDIT: This product has CHANGED MY LIFE. I no longer get pimples. I do, however, get little zits occasionally around my cycle but no longer pimples! I do get compliments on my skin and I am amazed at how much this has improved my overall health of my skin. I would buy again and again and again if I had to. I can't imagine life without it! Thank you Clarisonic! :) :) :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by katowu

I love my Clarisonic at first but if you have eczema or sensitive like me, please do not use it daily, I have learned my lesson in a hard way. My skin got very very red even with the sensitive brush, never mind the normal brush, it will tear your skin apart! I am going to give it another try and use it less frequently. Unfortunately I have to wait until my skin gets better, right now I look like I have 1st degree burn on my face, that's after I used it twice a day for two days.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Sharleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

6/3 - This will be my first of about three reviews for this product.
I must say that after using this product for only one week I've already noticed a difference so I'm excited about what's to come. My face feels cleaner after washing and I feel like it really does make my product absorb more. My skin also have a healthy glow. All this just after one week of use so I can't wait to see what happens after a month!
6/13 - I'm still loving the Clarisonic. I skin looks and feels smoother. But I think that the biggest advantage to using the Clarisonic is that I know for sure that my face is squeeky clean. In the past I would wash off my makeup and go to bed only yo find makeup on my pillow case in the morning. That doesn't happen anymore.
6/23 - My Skin looks AMAZING!!! I was already one to get compliments on my skin but I wanted to see if this little machine could make my skin even better, and it did. My skin is so smooth that ppl ask me if I'm wearing foundation. One of the best purchases that I've ever made. It's a keeper :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Elese

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've been using my Mia for about 3 months now, and if somebody was to take it away from me I would give up eating for a week so I could afford a new one!
In all seriousness though, its an excellent product! I found it lived up to most of its claims. This is what i have noticed since using it:

the good
* skin texture has improved greatly - I have had people comment on how soft and smooth my skin looks and feels
* significantly less breakouts, and if i do get a breakout they heal very quickly
* skin care/makeup work better! - absorb into skin better
* removes makeup effortlessly

The bad
* pricey
* no reduction in pore size
*still getting blackheads on chin and nose

verdict = the good out weighs the bad. in my opinion its worth every cent ( and i'm a tight arse :P )

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by gogoamy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The missing piece of the puzzle in my skincare routine! I have tried every acne treatment under the sun over the years, short of Accutane. I started Tazorac 4 months ago, and while it made an improvement, I was still getting breakouts. After much research and reading reviews on this board, I decided to give the Mia a try. I got it at Sephora since they have a great return policy and figured I'd just take it back if I didn't like it. The first time I used it, I was ready to write a review on how much I LOVED it, but figured I should wait and use it some more. My skin was soft and it felt like it could breathe again! Shortly thereafter, to my dismay, I started purging - bad. I read that this is likely to happen, so I tried to not panic. After two solid weeks of purging, my skin is glowing. I feel like this little gadget has given me the extra oomph I needed to finally have nice skin. I actually look forward to using this every day! Thanks Clarisonic!!

EDIT 10/1/12: Unfortunately this ended up not working for me after all. It seemed to help at first, but it ultimately ended up irritating my skin and making it very red. Bummer.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2011 4:32:00 AM More reviews by beautyflo

I bought this product based on the great reviews over the internet but I found it very disappointing...
It's been almost two months now and I still don't see any miraculous effects happen to me...
My skin stays the same (I am actually grateful that it didn't worsen my skin cos the pressure on skin is definitely much much harder than using my fingers).

I think this product is overrated!