November 24, 2014 | 1145 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by fabianowen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After using this product for a few days and I have noticed, like others, that I no longer have the dry flakey skin around my nose. No breakouts either~I have combo to dry skin. I use Purity Philosophy with it and so far I have no complaints. Just the price seems a little steep. I bought it to help with the fine lines and breakouts I seem to be getting~so, I will update if it does seem to get better.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by DakotaD

I look forward to using the Mia everyday because it leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh. It has also contributed greatly to clearing up my acne. I also love how durable it is, and don't have to worry about breaking it if I drop it in the shower. There are a few reasons it does not get the full 5/5 lippies though: 1) I cannot use this (with the sensitive brush head) on my cheeks as it is too rough. 2) I also wish the battery life were longer (it's intended to last for 20 uses/10 days) as I use this for about 2 minutes each time instead of 1 minute as intended (so I have to recharge it every 6 days or so). This would not be a big deal except that it takes a day to fully recharge. 3) You should replace the brush heads every 3 months, and at $25 a pop...it can get costly over time! All that being said, I'm glad I invested in the Mia, it is a must-have beauty tool!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2011 3:05:00 AM More reviews by xxcookii

The bristle really hurt my face when i was using this .... It didnt cause any breakouts but i think it was too harsh even though i was using the sensitive brush .... Didnt do too much on my skin .This didnt exfoliate my skin but it did clean left over residue of my makeup .... But for the price im paying ... i expected a lot more .

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by SuzyQ26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't say enough about my Mia! My skin looks and feels so much healthier and I'm not singing the flaky, dry, rough skin blues anymore :) I use Estee Lauder Soft Clean Moisture Rich Foaming Cleanser w/it twice a day. This is the first product I've ever used that hasn't left my face more irritated and flaky. I also like the fact that it fits perfectly in my hand and packs quite nicely when traveling.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by lsmiles13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about a year and my skin has completely transformed. I have combo-to-dry skin (depends on the season) and it has I no longer have any flaky areas, my tone and color is more even, and not a breakout in sight.

The cleanser that comes with this is total junk. I have the best success with a plain sensitive skin Dove beauty bar soap.

My only gripe is that the brush heads are expensive but the results are worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by DHendricks999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using the Clarisonic Mia for 2 days thus far, but I wanted to just kind of document my ongoing experience with the Mia for people who might be curious-so I will keep updating this review.
FYI: I have combination/oily skin (more oily than anything-but I do have trouble with flakiness pretty often).
I got my Mia yesterday at the Nordstrom anniversary sale (got the "Island Coral" Mia) and used it for the first time last night with the sensitive brush head. After cleaning my face then patting dry with a towel, my skin immediately felt more parched than I have felt it in years and years. I immediately misted my face then applied my serum to get some moisture back into my skin. I was surprised that it had so thoroughly stripped my skin of all its natural oils so quickly. In some of the reviews, I've read that the Clarisonic really magnifies that effects of the facewash that you use with it. A seemingly gentle facewash can suddenly become much too drying or harsh after using the 2 together. Well, after my experience last night I am pretty sure that's true. But I did decide to use it again tonight to see if it got any better. Nope. If anything it was much, much worse. Literally the second I finished patting my face dry, I could just feel my skin tightening uncomfortably. I turned to look in the mirror and I had flakes and flakes of peeling skin all over my nose and chin. I guess I will have to try getting a gentler cleanser (maybe a cleansing milk of some kind or Philosophy's Purity Made Simple?? Pretty much anything non-foaming), and see how that works out. If it is still too drying, I will probably have to return it. Honestly, I bought the Mia to provide a light, light exfoliation while getting a deep clean but if it just strips my skin, I could have achieved the same effect with a harsh salicylic acid gel cleanser. I don't need the exfoliation that badly, I have found that a muslin cloth is the best thing I've tried out of aaall the countless exfoliators/scrubs I've tried over the years. I really do want to love the Mia though. In concept, it sounds great and the reviews are so amazing, Like I said, I will continue with it but with another cleanser, then I will update. For now, 3 lippies.
7/19 Until I have enough time to go to Sephora to purchase a bottle of Philosophy Purity Made Simple, I decided to try out the Gentle Hydro Cleanser that came with my Mia. Much, much better! Also, I realized that another problem I made was that I was using the Mia on my face for about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes instead of the recommended 1. Washing for 1 minute, along with using a gentler cleanser, has made all the difference in the world. Of course if I were to not use my hydrating spray and serum right after, my skin would still be a lot drier than normal but that's because the brush is really getting in there to deep clean your pores. Literally, there will be no oil and dirt left. So, I have added a lippie. My skin has been feeling very clean and smooth and a bit glowy. But remember: once you start using the Mia, there is a chance that you will have to readjust all the products that you have been using-no matter how long you have been using them. I have been using Aveeno's Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser for about 4 1/2 years and its always been great. Cleans my face perfectly without stripping my face of moisture. But if I want to permanently add the Mia to my skincare routine, I won't be able to use my face wash any longer. At least not in conjunction with the Mia. Will keep updating!!
7/26 So, my face has been feeling pretty good lately. Very clean and smooth (but I would still say not as smooth as when I use my muslin cloth). But then, about 2 or 3 days ago I noticed I started getting very tiny whiteheads all over my upper lip and chin area. Everyday, more keep popping up-and I haven't changed my face routine at all. They are really tiny-but numerous. Then, I woke up this morning and I have 2 huge zits on my chin. I am really hoping that this is the "purging" phase that everyone keeps talking about. Not too excited to wait this part out, but I guess I will tough through it and see if it doesn't stop in a week or 2. Will keep updating. Hope this has been helpful so far.
8/7 So, those little whiteheads and big pimples cleared up only after 4 or 5 days. Since then, its been clear skin!! I have started using it only every 2 days though because I don't care what anyone says: exfoliation is exfoliation and it's only meant to be done a few times a week. I use the sensitive brush head and I feel like that plus a gently non-foaming cleanser plus using every 2 days is still probably a little more than I really need. But, I still am not over the newness of using the Mia. Maybe after a few months the novelty will wear off and I will only use it 2-3 times a week. Anyway, A+ product really. I am keeping it at 4 lippies though. Even though I love my Mia-I don't think its such a "must-have" like so many people rave. Yes, it deep cleans and exfoliates and is fun to use, but if you are someone that has ever used a muslin cloth than you will know what I mean. Muslin cloth is a great CHEAP way to get glowing, smooth skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by BlessedBeyondMeasure

I really wanted this to work. I have oily, acne-prone skin, and the Clarisonic DESTROYED my skin!! It did make my skin feel SUPER clean, smooth, & soft after each use. But, that really didn't matter b/c the breakouts were horrific. I stuck with it for 6 weeks (because I thought my skin might be purging) & my skin stayed broken out the ENTIRE time. One morning I woke up to SIX new pimples. (Before the clarisonic, I had MINOR breakouts every so often.) My skin is finally recovering from the damage incurred by the Mia. SO SO sad. I even ordered the delicate brush to see if that would help and sadly, it didn't. Maybe my skin was still purging...but I couldn't take another day of horrible skin. I know a lot of other people had the same issue. The Clarisonic definitely isn't for everyone :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by forbidden_desire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Mia for about a month now and already I see a difference in my skin. I have oily acne prone skin with a few little breakouts and bumps. Since using the Mia my skin is smoother with fewer bumps and breakouts. This wont completely get rid of all your acne problems but it does help alot. I use makeup almost on a daily basis and I feel much better after I cleanse with the Mia.. no makeup residue on the cotton ball after using toner! I get the same clean feeling after using a washcloth, but the difference with the Mia is that it isn't harsh and abrasive at all like a washcloth can be.. and it doesn't turn my skin red and irritated. I use it daily at the end of the day with my own cleanser, but instead of using it once for that one minute I use it for about 3 minutes. I can't imagine my skin care regimen without it! I still get breakouts once in a while but not as much as I used to.. I know it isn't going to give miracles, but I also know that my skin is definitely clearer since using it. So if you have acne problems, I suggest giving the Mia a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by kristacular1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let's be real; this isn't a miracle worker! It WILL be doing your skin a favor, however, to incorporate this into your daily routine. Besides the deep cleansing of this tool (which results in tighter pores, less breakouts and more radiant looking skin), I have to believe that this has the ability to rejuvenate and stimulate your skin to an extent. This is simply for cleansing, but may give your skin some light exfoliation. With regular use and a good skincare regime, problem skin will most likely start to reveal better clarity and a more even skin-tone.

If you've already got flawless, trouble-free skin you aren't going to see a drastic difference (though it is still good for your skin), but if you struggle with skin issues, you will most likely see at least a slight improvement. As mentioned above, a good skincare regime is important and you will get greater penetration of beneficial products (serums, copper peptides, vitamin c, etc).

REMEMBER people, PLEASE remove your make-up BEFORE cleansing with this. It is not meant to be the sole source of make-up removal. Remove most of your make-up with a make-up towelette, OCM, cold cream or whatever method your prefer and THEN cleanse with your Clarisonic.

I love the Mia!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by jennyttran2002

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have mixed feelings about this product. My face felt really clean and i didn't have to use toner after cleansing because the clarisonic really took all my makeup and dead skin off. After 3 days of use, twice a day i now have milia all over my face which i've never had before. I'm going to try using this product every other day because sometimes less is more.