September 30, 2014 | 1872 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by soooo

I have been using the mia in jaguar print for about 3 weeks now and first of all let me say the print is fabulous! Also, i've noticed a dramatic change in my skin. I use it once a day on my face and since i started using it I've stopped getting pimples. I have tried a lot of things for my acne and even though it was never too bad it's always been really stubborn so im surprised this made such a huge difference. I dont see any reason why you would need different speeds so if you're looking to save money the mia is perfectly sufficent.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by ET3638

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had my Mia for 2 months now, and I don't know what I would do without it. This is the greatest investment I've made and I don't regret ever paying such a high price for this tool. My skin just doesn't feel clean if I don't use this, so I can never ever go a night without using this. Love that I can take this in the shower with me! LOVE LOVE LOVE my Mia!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by ZG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hi Gang:
Well, I have been using Clarisonic Mia for almost a month.
I suffer from acne, poc marks and hyperpigmentation and I am in my 40's.
Overall, my skin is much happier than its ever been. My breakouts have been greatly reduced. I am a realist when it comes to my acne. It does not cure acne but its been helping me by reducing the amount of new pimples that I do get. If I do get a pimple, in 3 -4 days max it pop naturally.
Very important gang, if u love to wear make up please make sure u do a "preliminary" cleaning before using the
Clarisonic Mia- trust me it will cut your cleansing time in half

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by greenteamui

I can't live without this!!! I am totally sold. I love my mia. Yes I would admit it is pretty expensive but it works wonders for me and itís worth every penny. I have oily combination skin and this helped improve the over texture and appearance of my skin significantly. I use to have a lot of acne scars and this in conjunction with AHA has helped fade a lot of those scars. I use my mia twice a day morning and night. I did not experience the purge that some people did. My skin is my radiant and I no long need to wear foundation daily I just use a little concealer and Iím out the door. I would consider purchasing the 3 speed clarisonic but mia is definitely better to travel with. And YES i would repurchse this over 1000x over again too.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2011 7:41:00 AM More reviews by SB80

OVERRATED! My acne actually got MUCH MUCH worse using this but I persisted thinking it was an adjustment period. Luckily, my Mia stopped working after 6-8 weeks and my acne improved significantly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by shellj5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin saver! I had hyperpigmentation from the sun and my dermatologist gave me creams, topicals, and I even had facials done - none helped. I got this as a gift and after a month of use, the hyperpigmentation had drastically improved. When I saw my dermatologist at my next visit, she said the creams were working, wrong! I told her about the Mia and she couldn't believe it made such a difference. It automatically shuts off to let you know you've used it long enough which is great. They offer 3 different heads for every skin type. It charges via a wall adapter so no changing batteries and one charge lasts a long time. I wash using warm water and do circular swirls then rinse and it honestly keeps my skin clean, fresh & any new sun spots that may appear don't stand a chance against the Mia. It's my own little facial tool that feels great and keeps on performing so this is my HG in skin care. The price is well worth the end results.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by owotlarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This thing simply RUINED my skin. All the hard work I've done controlling my acne in the past 5 years undone by this expensive toy. Clarisonic spread a few scattered pimples (I had it down to maybe 1 or 2 pimples on my face at a time) into a massive breakout on my chin and cheeks...places where I've NEVER had a break out. I've tried everything: changing to sensitive brush, changing to gentler cleansers, cleaning the brush head with anti-bac soap after use, using it once a day. NOTHING has made this better, my skin has only gotten worse. I read reviews about "purging"so I gave it 4 weeks. I should have gone with my instincts about this "purging" business being bogus. In just 4 weeks I have about 4 or 5 awful red post-acne scars on my face. Everywhere this thing touches it seems to make my skin worse. I tried it on my sun-damaged chest, which promptly became red, splotchy, and bumpy. I've never in my life had a single bump/zit on my chest, but the Clarisonic decided to spread the love down there. I really don't know whose skin can take this kind of punishment, but my suggesting is if you have or have ever had acne: DO NOT USE THIS. Or at the very least have your dermatologist talk you out of it first. I've never regretting any purchase more than this little devil brush...All this being said, the one place this hasn't wreaked havoc, my forehead, looks very shiny and smooth. Too bad it doesn't distract from the carnage on the lower half of my face.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by polarpooch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

i would rate this higher were it not for the price of the product. i paid 125.00 on QVC for this, which was a little less than retail. the product itself works GREAT for my skin. i use the sensitive brush, and it nearly totally eliminated my seborrheic dermatitis--which had been giving me grief for months. it does a great job of cleansing and my other products DO work better now that i am super cleansing with this product. my makeup also stays on longer--i imagine since the primer i use works better on clean skin. i use just the regular sensitive skin clean&clear cleanser with it. as for pore size or oil, i haven't noticed a great difference, though something must be happening to keep my SD at bay. i do love using it as a body cleanser, though--it has totally cleared up the minor breakouts i had on my shoulders and back. i think this would be a must-get were it 1/3 of the price. i would try the new olay system had i not already purchased this. i do NOT like the charger that comes with it. it separates from the unit too easily. overall, it's a very good product at a price that is much too high.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 4:31:00 AM More reviews by realpeak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I've owned my mia for about 1 year and the longer I have it, the more my dislike grows! I have the sensitive brush head and it is still too harsh for my skin...leaves it red and feeling irritated. I have rotated cleansers thinking that may be the cause of the problem but whatever I use, the brush still irritates me. It does leave my face feeling nice and clean. However, the worst problem is is that it leaves me with cysts all over my face - particularly my forehead and chin area. When I stop using, the cysts go and my skin clears up. It also gave me dry patches of skin on my cheeks...which was strange because I never have dry skin. From a lot of other reviews I've read (not on MUA) quite a lot of people have experienced breakouts when using this too. I've tried using it every day, once a week, once every couple of days...doesn't work. All it gives me is break-outs, irritation and causes a flare up of rosacea on my cheeks. I noticed no effect on skin brightness or texture either. Personally I don't buy into all the claims it promises for your skin but hey, a lot of other people seem to like it so I guess it works for some.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by sremmers123

The Clarisonic Mia, in all honesty, is just an alright product. I used to have pretty oily skin, but after using the Mia, my skin started to normalize. It's still a bit oily, but no where near as much as before. But that's the only great change that I can see.

First off, this product is much too expensive. My mom bought it from QVC so we got it on a flexpay plan. Neither myself of my mother would pay full price for this. There are so many knock-offs of this these days. Even the brush replacement heads are expensive.

I was hoping that after using this product my skin would be beautiful, and glowing. I didn't think that my skin would be perfect but it just didn't deliver as I expected it. I feel like I still break out as much as before. Maybe I just can't remember though...

It may seem like I hate this product but I don't. I actually love it, but it just isn't as amazing as it's made out to be. At least not for me. This product really does help all of my product soak in better. I could probably get these result from a cheaper product though.