July 31, 2014 | 1054 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by sharonshizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate how I must bring down all the great reviews for this. I bought this is great anticipation in what it can accomplish for my skin. Now, I have quite good skin but every girl is greedy for that flawless without a speck of makeup skin. I get the occasional blemish around that time of the month, slight redness on my cheeks, and some blackheads on my nose. Nothing major to clear up but I thought that this would be the final step I needed for completely flawless, porcelain skin. Also, one must note that I have extremely sensitive skin. The first time I used this, I loved the way my skin felt. It felt so smooth and extremely clean. I woke up and expected to wake up with the clear, glowing skin that all the other reviews here rave about. However, I woke up with two inflamed cystic pimples and bumps around mouth area. WTF?? Being the MUA faithful that I am however, I stuck with it for an entire month and a half, excusing my breakouts to purging. My confidence meanwhile going extremely downhill. I even canceled a first date with a super cute dude cause I just looked so horrible :( I finally went in for a facial and my esthetician was just shocked at how bad my skin was. I usually go in once a month and she always compliments me on how great my skin is. When she found out that I was using the Clarisonic she completely chewed me out. She told me that me that the Clarisonic is not meant for skin like mine. I have extremely sensitive skin and my skin is very very thin and the brushing action of tools such as this would aggravate my skin. This tool would be great for somebody with less sensitive skin than mine but it did nothing but damage to mine. I stopped using this tool and my skin went back to normal. I now have a stubborn scar to deal with though :( So sad that this didn't work for me.

Note: I DID buy the sensitive skin heads

17 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by tiffax

I do adore my Clarisonic Mia, but it definitely came with a hefty price tag. Since I started using it, my skin feels softer and looks brighter. Mine came with the sensitive skin cleansing head but I purchased the normal refills off Amazon and it works great. It does a really good job at taking off all my makeup, though I still go through with a toner after to get residual makeup/cleanser off. I use it every night in the shower to clean my skin and allow my moisturizers and serums to really sink in and do their job. Sometimes I use it in the morning and sometimes I don't, depending on if I feel like my nighttime products are still feeling heavy on my skin or not. I always make sure to let it do its full charge when it's time to recharge before using it again, since I assume it has a lithium-ion battery inside and you want to run it all the way down then let it fully charge again before using it to extend your battery life as much as possible. The charger is great and I love that it magnetically clings to the tool. The Mia is really durable (I drop it at least once a week) and feels really well made. I do wish that there was the option to set it to go for different amounts of time, but at least I know each session is a one minute increment. I haven't tried any of the more economical face cleansers out there, but since I love my sonicare toothbrush, I had to get the Mia.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by lorraine07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore my Mia. Only giving a 4 due to price, expensive refill brush, & size. Wish it was a little smaller & lighter. IMO it is not travel friendly....bulky & heavy.
It really cleans my face....i noticed that some of my pores have closed up.
My nighttime routine:
1) I remove my eye makeup with eye make remover
2) I use cleansing wipes (any will do) to wipe my entire face & remove face makeup & so forth.
3) I then use my Clarisonic Mia in the shower to wash my entire face, esp. around my nose & mouth (my oily/breakout part)
4) Moisturize face.

I only use this at nighttime (some recommend in the am) as I don't want to over scrub my face & it is all I need. I still feel that my face is clean & moisturizer clings better on skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 5:19:00 AM More reviews by iheartNARS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unless you are going to use this regularly, I would pass on purchasing the Mia. I love my Mia and when I do use it, it leaves my skin smooth and oh so clean. However, I use it sparingly. Although it is a great product and nice to have, it is not something I cannot live without.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by ChrisLO

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a terrific tool and I'm sorry I didn't buy one years ago.

The reason I purchased the Mia rather than the standard brush is because I thought it would be easier to use the smaller size tool. I'm very happy with how it handles.

Since buying the Mia a couple of weeks ago, I've been using it with the Deep Pore brush and have had great results. It took only a few days for me to notice my skin feeling and looking smoother.

I've been using the oily skin gel cleanser with it and think it's a little too drying for me but since it's summer and I tend to get oily I'll use it for now. In the fall I'll change to something else.

I won't be without my Mia from now on.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by niki0315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had Clarisonic Pro two years ago then I found it didn't do anything to improve my skin so I sold it. About last year I decide to try again so I bought Mia. I used it every night with sensitive brush head for around 1 minutes because I wore makeup everyday and was believe it can deep clean the left makeup on my face even I use cleaning oil as make up remove. I had used it for about half year and my skin became so sensitive due to the weather change and maybe hormones change. I had stopped using it for two weeks and my skin didn't get any worse but healthier after I started using cream de La Mer.

it is a good quality product but just not necessary for my sensitive thin skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by AudgePodgeBup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased my Mia about a month ago with hopes that it would help my acne that I was having. A friend of mine referred me to it, saying her acne has improved at least by 75%. I was sold. I searched for as many reviews as I could find for this product. About 98% of them were great, so I bought my Mia, and fortunately had a 20% off coupon.

I really do like this product. I wouldn't say it is a miracle product. I haven't gotten any compliments on my skin, which I was hoping people would notice that it looked better because I heard it helps your skin glow. So far, no glowing.

It DOES clean my skin really well, which I think was why I was breaking out constantly. I break out on my cheeks a lot because I grew my hair out and it's always touching my face, especially my cheeks. I believe the Mia cleans them well enough so that I don't break out as much anymore. It also leaves my skin feeling super soft.

I still have blackheads and whiteheads (milia) so it hasn't gotten rid of those. Maybe over time it will?

My main concern was just my acne. I was suffering from scarring and the scars would be there for months. This product has definitely helped with the scaring and they do fade faster and eventually disappear. It also helps when I do get a pimple, it helps it go away quicker and heal better and I don't get nasty flare up zits. Just average ones that go away in a couple of days.

All in all I like this little brush. I would definitely repurchase if mine broke. I love how deep it cleans my face. I am thinking about purchasing the normal brush head. I may need something more aggressive.

EDIT: This product has CHANGED MY LIFE. I no longer get pimples. I do, however, get little zits occasionally around my cycle but no longer pimples! I do get compliments on my skin and I am amazed at how much this has improved my overall health of my skin. I would buy again and again and again if I had to. I can't imagine life without it! Thank you Clarisonic! :) :) :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by katowu

I love my Clarisonic at first but if you have eczema or sensitive like me, please do not use it daily, I have learned my lesson in a hard way. My skin got very very red even with the sensitive brush, never mind the normal brush, it will tear your skin apart! I am going to give it another try and use it less frequently. Unfortunately I have to wait until my skin gets better, right now I look like I have 1st degree burn on my face, that's after I used it twice a day for two days.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Sharleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

6/3 - This will be my first of about three reviews for this product.
I must say that after using this product for only one week I've already noticed a difference so I'm excited about what's to come. My face feels cleaner after washing and I feel like it really does make my product absorb more. My skin also have a healthy glow. All this just after one week of use so I can't wait to see what happens after a month!
6/13 - I'm still loving the Clarisonic. I skin looks and feels smoother. But I think that the biggest advantage to using the Clarisonic is that I know for sure that my face is squeeky clean. In the past I would wash off my makeup and go to bed only yo find makeup on my pillow case in the morning. That doesn't happen anymore.
6/23 - My Skin looks AMAZING!!! I was already one to get compliments on my skin but I wanted to see if this little machine could make my skin even better, and it did. My skin is so smooth that ppl ask me if I'm wearing foundation. One of the best purchases that I've ever made. It's a keeper :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Elese

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've been using my Mia for about 3 months now, and if somebody was to take it away from me I would give up eating for a week so I could afford a new one!
In all seriousness though, its an excellent product! I found it lived up to most of its claims. This is what i have noticed since using it:

the good
* skin texture has improved greatly - I have had people comment on how soft and smooth my skin looks and feels
* significantly less breakouts, and if i do get a breakout they heal very quickly
* skin care/makeup work better! - absorb into skin better
* removes makeup effortlessly

The bad
* pricey
* no reduction in pore size
*still getting blackheads on chin and nose

verdict = the good out weighs the bad. in my opinion its worth every cent ( and i'm a tight arse :P )