Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 3/17/2012 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am an eyeliner junkie. Having tried MAC, BB, Smashbox, L'Oreal, Wet 'n Wild, Tarte, Mally Beauty, etc., I stumbled upon this little gem at a my local Ulta. I decided to give it a try. I have have oily lids and no matter what I do including eye primer, everything seems to smudge and disappear after a couple of hours. I also usually find that most "black" eyeliners are really not truly black, but either look sort of charcoal when applied or fade to a charcoal. Not true for the EyeStudio. Not only was it easy to apply a nice clean sharp BLACK line just at the base of the lashes, but it did not budge or fade throughout the day. I even liked the brush included which is rare as most are cheap and useless.
This is definitely my HG! I have not had the problem with the gel drying out and I have had my current pot for several months now, but even if it did dry out, the cost is nominal in comparison to the other major brands. Well worth the price for a great BLACK gel eyeliner that lasts and does not smudge.

on 3/17/2012 4:00:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

i dont think i would try BB gel liner again. This is an extremely value for money product that one of my MUST get products. It doesn't smear under eye. The brush is the best among those comes with the gel pot but you should use angled liner brush for more accurate impact

on 3/14/2012 6:19:00 PM

At first I was amazed: it is jet black, creamy, applies smoothly... and the price! What more could you possibly want?
But after a while it dried up, leaving me very dissapointed.
I also find the brush useless, but it works for some people, so maybe I got a 'faulty' one.

I shall repurchase if I don't find anything better.

on 3/14/2012 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

nothing special.

on 3/14/2012 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I think this is the BEST eyeliner (liguid/gel) out there when you consider the quality/pricepoint. It goes on smoothly and stays on (no fallout here) until you take it off. It will never smear under your eyes thereby needing a touch-up. My only judgement is with the brush which comes w/it. I don't think it's the best brush to produce the best effect, but why shoukd it be (at this price?) If you use this w/a better quality brush (MAC) you can get an even nicer more perfect look. It still is the BEST even w/the brush provided (which really isn't bad, just not of high a quality which is available, purchased seperately.) The color is very dense so a little goes a long way. You have the ability to make it as thin (so thin that it just looks part of the lashline) or as thick as you want. It's very easy to do that 60's eyeliner swept upward at the end of the eye for the "cat eyed" look. The color range is teriffic as they are all pretty and you will want all of them (not an impossibility cosidering the price.) I've had it since the day it hit shelves and it hasn't dried out or been compromised in anyway. Just make sure you always keep the cap srewed on tight!

on 3/12/2012 6:20:00 PM

Before I get started - the brush that comes with the liner really spoils this product as it dries up, splits and quickly becomes unusable. But if you treat yourself to a decent brush, the gel liner is really good.

It is so easy to apply and glides on nicely. I haven't tried a more expensive gel liner to compare, but for the money (under 10 I think) it's great.

It stays on all day and is difficult to smudge. At first, I was disappointed at the size of the pot (is quite small) but a small amount goes a long way so it will last a good while.

A great product to start with if you've never used gel liner before and don't want to spend a fortune.

on 3/11/2012 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Second time purchasing this product. Best Eyeliner EVER!!!! & the brush i awsome too(: will repurchase ALWAYS:D

on 3/11/2012 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I think the packaging on this is quite crude, not worth what I paid. However, the liner itself wasn't bad at first but soon dried up and dragged on my lids. It's not the blackest liner but I go over it with black eyeshadow anyway to seal everything in. This lasts like a dream! I have hooded eyes so eyeliner transferring is a nightmare but this held up quite well.
An alternative use I have for it after it wasn't as fluid as it first was is an eyeshadow. I love smudging this on the outer corners to really intensify an eye look.

I would consider repurchasing but only if I haven't found something better.

on 3/11/2012 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I own this product in black and the nice purple tone they sell. I recommend using this more for night time since it has a much more dramatic effect and is heavier. It stays in place wonderfully and I do not have to re-apply. It also blends really well. It comes with a little eye liner brush, but I am not a huge fan of it(my reason for 4 lippies). I use my own brush when applying this to my eye lid. Other than that, I will most certainly buy this product again,

on 3/9/2012 11:33:00 AM

The first problem that I had with this was my inability to find the blackest color, and i eventually ended up purchasing the charcoal version, which is almost, but not quite a true black. The initial application is great, but throughout the day problems arise. The color transfers into a duplicate line on my eyelid, and I do not have oily or deep set eyes. It also flakes onto my cheeks, making tiny dots that turn into larger smudges when you try to remove them. If its durability was a little better, It would be a good product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials