November 25, 2014 | 1737 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by zerp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It smudges.

10 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by allisonxo12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked it. It was the first gel eyeliner I have ever tried though. The brush it came with worked okay. I liked to use an angled eyeliner brush instead. good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Jayjaybean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this little pot! I saw this at a local drugstore and I've been searching for a nice dark blue eyeliner, so I tried sapphire. I was slightly iffy about the price ($12 CDN for drugstore eyeliner?) but gave it a go anyways. When I brought it through the till it was marked down to 4 dollars! What a steal. The stuff smudges a little bit if you touch it before it dries, but afterward it doesn't budge (I use UDPP) The smudging can be nice for making a smokey eye though, if that's your thing. I really like the formula, it glides on so easy. The little brush included with the set works so well for giving a straight, thin line. Just make sure you wash or swipe off excess on a kleenex after use so it doesn't dry your brush out!

I will repurchase (at full price even, haha) when I run out, and I am eager to try out other colours!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2011 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Genaumeintyp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this whilst I was in Hong Kong and when I brought it back everyone wanted to try it because there was still half a year to go before it was launched in Australia! I used it for a year and still had half a pot left- a little goes a very, very long way! Eventually I saw it on sale for $10 at Target and replaced it. I prefer to use a lip brush rather than the brush that comes with it because it gives me more precision. The product has a very good consistency- it glides on easily with no drag but is not wet at all. The intensity of the pigment is phenomenal. The only criticism I have for it is that it sometimes smudges on hot days or after exercise but this can be easily fixed with a little primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by cocofern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have never tried a gel liner prior to hearing about this here in MUA and purchasing it recently at Ulta. I typically prefer pencil liners since I usually only wear liner on my bottom waterline and liquids don't work well for this.
I figured a gel would have a good consistency for upper lash line application, winged out liner, or anything else since gels don't typically dry quickly so you have more blending time. I bought this product in both black and brown. I have only used the brown so far and I like it a lot. I love the tiny brush that this liner comes with; it's the perfect size and great for applying/blending this product. I am not sure about the staying power yet since I've only used it a couple of times and only on my water line, but so far so good. I can't wait to try the black version as well. I also feel that since this liner is a gel it won't dry up super quickly inside its packaging.
If this product continues to perform well I will definitely repurchase even though one tiny container will last a long time because there is so much product inside and you do not need to use a lot of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by elfodimontagna

here in italy it is preatty expensive but worthed. The brush it is exellent and precise. like it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Icaria

I had high hopes for this liner. Bought it in Charcoal wich was a perfect color for me, black being too harsh. Staying power...2 hours. I have deep set eyes so it ended up on my upper lid. Not ideal. At least is wasen't expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by iiss616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a fairly decent eyeliner given it's only about 10 bucks. The staying power is ok but it does smudge a bit on my waterliner and i can clearly see some missing spots on my lower lashline. the brush is very high quality stuff, the texture of the liner is fine. it was hard to apply at first, but after using it for a couple of times, i have become good at it. will not buy again but i give it a 5/5 just because it's satisfactory as a drugstore product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by HarleyQuinn84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this gel eyeliner -- it really looks fantastic and is a lot more precise than either a pencil or liquid eyeliner. It smudges ONLY when I want it to!

My only, and major, complaint is the little brush that goes with it is pointless and downright painful. It's too sharp, too hard, even though I tried to soften it up with a good cleaning. I use a different brush all together. The one they give you I think is too dangerous to be put near my eye. It could seriously tear up the sensitive, thin skin there.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2011 5:36:00 AM More reviews by jennyvo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not being able to afford high end products, this gel eyeliner is an incredible affordable dupe!

The blackest black colour was out of stock when I bought it so I ended settling for brown. Which was a good choice in hindsight. It's much much more natural for everyday looks. And if you layer it on to be honest, you can't even tell the difference between black and brown.

THe brush that they provide is also amazing! Don't throw it out! It's pretty thin - so perfect for thin lines or you can use it on the side for thicker lines!

The only problem I have with this eyeliner is that brown is a bit more dry formula (hence why I gave it 4 lippies); you should wet the brush first. If not, I find that I have to drag it quite a bit to get a clean line.

Great value for the price !