September 18, 2014 | 1688 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by windkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading an enthusiastic review recommendation by Miss Plumcake of Manolo for the Big Girl. Best gel liner I've used. I was allergic to Smashbox, and I find this goes on smoother than MAC, and smudges less (I have terribly oily lids, so I've resigned myself to the fact that most pigments I apply in that area will migrate to some degree). However, I can wear this delicately applied on the very edges of my lower lids, and not look as though I'd been punched in the eye twenty minutes later, so I'd call that a win.

The brush that comes with this is absolutely brilliant. I have several expensive eyeliner brushes, and the stiff, sharp little brushes packed with these liners trump them all for precision and ease of application.

The colour range is limited, but since my makeup needs are pretty basic, that's not usually a problem. I find the Charcoal's a good daily liner for me; I'm getting a bit old to wear jet black liner, even thinly applied, without looking like I'm supposed to be stirring a cauldron full of newts.

Edited to remove one lippie; I bought the Eggplant, and though the colour is a delightful one for a subtle daily liner, it has a bit of sparkle in it. As with the MAC Fluidline in Macroviolet (which it very much resembles) the sparkle makes it crumbly, and less than smooth in the application. Boo!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by anonymousme1028

Love this eyeliner! I'm always looking for that perfect cat-eye, but I'm not too good with liquid eyeliners. This is the first gel eyeliner I've ever used, and it was so easy to get it perfect right away! The product is nice and black, didn't fade throughout the day, didn't flake/crack/etc. It comes with a little brush, which is better than I expected. Most brushes included with products are garbage; but I actually like to use this. The stuff is impossible to remove without makeup remove, but other than that this product is everything I hoped it'd be!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by jordantkim

BEST gel eyeliner I have ever used. I was using Bobby Brown's gel eyeliner previously and I didn't like the consistency. It dried out too fast and it cracked on my eyelids. This comes with a high quality brush that makes appying the eyeliner an ease. You can easily control the amount you want and/or how dramatic you want it to look. I always add a wing tip to mine and I always get compliments on how precise it looks. HIGHLY recommend it for everyday or just nightly wear!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by brerobinson21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am actually confused as to why this has any bad reviews. I love this eyeliner. I don't use it everyday, just when I'm going out and want a little more drama. I always wing it, and it seriously lasts ALL NIGHT. I wake up in the morning and it's still there. The only time it comes off or smudges is when I rub my eyes, which is obviously my fault and not the fault of the product.

Overall, I found it's easy to use and long lasting. You do have to layer it to get an even, dark color, but I have barely used any product and I've had it for months. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2011 5:39:00 AM More reviews by syasyamus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product but not as much! I have the black one and i hate how it really smudgeswhen you tightline! its ok to use on the upper lash line thoguh!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by aegriedl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After reading raving reviews about this product, I was curious to try it. Since I was new to gel eyeliner at the time, I figured that this product would be an excellent way to try it because it is cheap. After using this product for a few weeks, I have mixed feeling. I really liked the little brush that was included because I found that it was quite easy to use. I was also quite pleased that the eyeliner did not smudge at all since I have read in many of the reviews that people were having issues with smudging. On the downside, this product was poorly pigmented. I used 'Very Black" and I was quite disappointed. In general, I would never consider this to be the worst gel eyeliner, but it has aspects that need improvement.

EDIT: I guess I must have just bought a faulty product the first time because I decided to give this another try and I love it! The texture is far more creamy and pigmented than before. It would seem that I just have bad luck with buying those rare products with defects. I can know see why everyone loves this eyeliner so much.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Ski4Life

I bought this product on a whim because i've never owned a gel liner and have wanted to try one for so long. At first I really liked it, it was creamy and had a usable brush. But now, about 2 months after buying it, its pretty much dried up beyond the point of actual use. Instead of being creamy/ gel-like, it has the consistency of a dried up cream shadow, which results in hard application and fall out...I thought that was only supposed to happen with eyeshadows. But keeping in mind that the one i bought is the purple with shimmers, i might try the black one (without shimmer) eventually and it might not dry out so quickly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

My first gel eyeliner & I am hooked. I love the brush that comes in this kit and the eye liner lasts all day. It goes on easy and comes off easily. What more can i say?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really affordable, dark dark dark (if you buy the black, that is) gel liner from Maybelline. I have previously used Bobbi Brown and Clinique gel liners, and find the Maybelline one to be as excellent in quality as those more expensive ones - with an actually usable brush (though I typically use my own slanted brush). Factor in ease of application, and this liner blows 'em out of the water. It's really easy to glide on, applies opaquely so you don't have to go over your line two or three times, and laaaaaaaaaaasts. Don't rule out other brands though...you have to go to them get the REALLY fun colors :) But this is perfect for everyday black liner, and I will for sure repurchase for 6 bucks at Target!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by missashley884

I wasn't too sure whqat to expect with this eyeliner, but I really wanted to try a gel liner, and wasn't ready to fork over the money for MAC's fluid line. Overall this applies very creamy and dries pretty quick. The brush that comes with it makes application easy. I think I will buy this again, once it runs out.