Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 2/1/2012 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this for about 6 months or so now (I was a gel liner novice previously) and I think it's been a great product. I'm sure there is better on the market, but they are probably much more expensive. It certainly could be a lot darker. I find it transfers quite easily to my upper lids too if it's not fully dry. The brush it comes with works really well but I actually found a better one in the depths of my make up bag so have been using that instead. Once I get a my techniques for winging etc down to a tee, I'll be upgrading to a better one.

on 2/1/2012 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It's an overall decent product if you've never used a Gel Eyeliner. It's easy to use and it glides on well. The brush is pretty good too. However it isn't really black enough and it also does fade if you have oily lids - so use a primer!

on 1/30/2012 11:12:00 PM

Speaking as someone who can't apply liquid eyeliner to save her life, these gel eyeliners (I have black and charcoal) are really easy to apply. They do require about a minute to dry, but once they do, they don't budge. I use these eyeliners regularly.

on 1/30/2012 11:07:00 PM

Fantastic liner, very creamy and goes on smoothly. I have this in Brown, Blackest Black, and Eggplant. The brush that comes with it is actually WONDERFUL, works beautifully to make a thin, precise line. Another thing: I've had these for quite a while now, and they haven't dried out at all. Only 4 lippies because:
a) blackest black shade isn't black enough (compared to the wet n' wild cream liner, or my revlon liquid liner), and the brown shade is like a medium brown, as opposed to a dark brown which is what you want in a liner. And
b) if I do a winged out liner that extends past my natural lash line, it smudges by the end of the night (I do not set with powder and have oily skin).

on 1/30/2012 10:44:00 PM

LOVE this product! I have used tons of eyeliners, from liquids to pencils, but I have never loved one so much. This gel is easy to use, quick, and looks great! Seriously, it takes seconds to draw a smooth, flawless line. It doesn't tug like pencil, nor run like liquid, just the perfect blend. I cannot say anything negative about this product. I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and I still adore it. It can be used on top and waterline, in my experience it has looked amazing on both. If you're an eyeliner junkie like me, trust me it's a must have. I would be lost without it now.

on 1/29/2012 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I used to use this liner every day, and loved it! The only problem I found was that it smudged if I used it on the lower lid or waterline. I always ended up just lining my upper lid with the gel liner, and then using a pencil liner on the waterline and lower lid. The color was great though (really dark black!), and it was pretty easy to use.

on 1/27/2012 5:04:00 PM

I ususalyy suck at putting eyeliner on my top lid but ive found with this and the brush that im getting better. The brush is really good and easy to use and the colour and effect are really good. the wear time is also good as well as the price. Definitely better than liquid eyeliners. Would recomend and repurchase

on 1/27/2012 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

So amazing! I would totally recommend this to anyone that has almond eyes and contacts. Lasts until I take it off and I can control the shape I make sooooo much better!! I have some visible lid now!!! Totally recommend!

on 1/23/2012 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

HG! Nice color, no budge, no smudge! I have 3 colors. After this no pencil compares with lasting power.

on 1/23/2012 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my first gel eyeliner. Purchasing this eyeliner was driven to me by the reviews before me and it turned out really great on me!

First, the packaging. I admit that I really am not impressed with the packaging itself because of the metal cap. The packaging is of a thick glass with the i think its an aluminum cap. The cap is thin and its like prone to damage and cannot protect the heat and moist to the product. So it really is best to store the product at room temperature.

Second, the brush. The brush is good and can pick up the amount of product desired. As for me, I was able to control the product with the brush alone. I could also create a thin shape for my eyeliner, and it is also great in lining your waterline and/or lash line as compared to other eyeliner brushes like the pointed ones and the angled ones. The brush can shape your eyeliner very well and to shaping it into a cat eye which the ones I frequently do with my eyes. For starters, you really need to need a lot of practice when using this brush so it is best that beginners could start off with a bent pointed eyeliner brush.

Third, the product itself. I must say this really is an eyeliner! It glides on smoothly to your eyelids; no smudging, waterproof, and most of all, it lasts almost all day! It doesn't irritate my eyes as well. I purchased mine in black, however the black could have been more blacker or more pigmented than it is. This isn't the best creme eyeliner yet but so far, I find it really great. Note that I have asian / hooded eyes and this eyeliner makes my eyes open and I get a lot of compliments when I use this for a cat eye.. Since I have this hooded eyes and really oily eyelids, it doesn't smudge at all as compared to the previous liners I used (liquid liners actually) which were really messy, flaky and smudge to my upper lids and it looks ridiculous . It dries quickly too so you wouldn't have to worry about opening your eyelids at once after applying it.It is also easy to remove with soap and water but I prefer to be using the maybelline makeup remover too if you want to wash it away from your eyes very well. I am definitely going to repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials