April 21, 2014 | 912 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

I have the brown, charcoal, & eggplant and I just purchased the LE shades in Forest & Sapphire. I love the forest. It's a deep vibrant forest green shade. The sapphire is a little darker than I had hoped. I was hoping for a more vibrant indigo or cobalt color like the color of a real sapphire but this is so dark it's almost black. For me anyway. I still like it though. I prefer Maybelline's gel eyeliner over Coastal Scents or other d/s brands. Eyeliner (like mascara) isn't something I'll spend big bucks on for name brand. I really like the quality of this product. I've had the brown & charcoal for several years (I bought it when they first came out) and I don't have any drying issues.

I know 10 bucks seems a lot for eyeliner for some but I was able to buy the Sapphire & Forest for BOGO1/2. You can always find these sales at your local drugstore so you really don't need to pay full price for it. It seems like I read all the time where someone is complaining how high drugstore prices are now. Well, I've been wearing makeup since the mid 80's and I can tell you that drugstore makeup is such a higher quality than it used to be. You are paying for what you get. Just because you buy high-priced items at the department store doesn't necessarily mean you are getting a much better quality item. I can afford the high priced items but I go for quality, not a price tag. Many times, this takes me to drugstore items. continued >>

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2011 3:13:00 AM More reviews by iheartmypitbull

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Very creamy and moist, yet doesn't budge once it's applied. I've had mine for quite a while now and it hasn't even started to dry out like my Wet 'N Wild one did after a couple of months. My only beef with it is that it's a little pricey for a drugstore product (what is up with these drugstore products undergoing serious price explosions making them comparable to what you'd pay at Sephora?).

Bottom line: great product, lasts a long time (both on your eye and in its packaging), and the brush it comes with is better than most free brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by UnleashDarkness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first gel liner purchase and I'm liking it so far.I've spent a great deal of time debating on which to get I've considered Mac,Bobbi brown and the Inglot one but this is much cheaper than those so I chose it as well as having read many reviews that claim it's just as good as them and the fact that everywhere I go it's sold out in my country so it must be good right.The eyeliner is very creamy and goes on smoothly,it makes perfecting the cat eye much more simpler.It has good pigmentation and staying power.I use the brush that is supplied with it to put on the liner on my lid while for the wing I use a thin angled brush.Will surely repurchase once it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 7:38:00 AM More reviews by MizAkaeze

before i tell you how much i love this eyeliner, i have to say, after trying it out once at home, i went out to buy two more for my mum and sister, it is absolutely great!!!
the application brush is splendid and is thin enough for me to make my dramatic cat eyes or subtle eyes. it stays all day, you dnt need to coat it over and over again, once does d trick and it isnt shiny,it is black as night and beautiful, and dries almost immediately. i havent found an eyeliner i love since sleek's liquid liner but i love this even more. no downside 4 me. great product!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2011 6:16:00 AM More reviews by irajojo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The gel dried up easily which sometimes makes it hard to get it on the brush. so, i applied a few drops of facial olive oil to make it slightly easier to apply. it works. The eyeliner isnt 100% smudge proof tho. but it last throught the day. overall, i wouldnt buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Abgb00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I first bought the loreal hip creme liner but returned it because it smudged on my crease throughout the day. Hoped that the maybe line eye studio would be better but it's unfortunately much worse! The loreal at least stayed on all day, but the maybe line creme liner comes off so easily, that it actually disappears throughout the day. Completely. And it smudges... Not sure how this is possible since it's supposed to be waterproof :( the brush that comes with it is actually pretty decent though (loreal brush sucked). In conclusion, I regret buying it and would not buy it again since it comes off for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by babette1000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried many eyeliners, Lancome, Estee Lauder, but this is the best that I have ever used. It stays on all day, doesn't smudge, doesn't run. It's easy to apply. And, it was only $6. Goodbye expensive brands, hello Maybelline.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by franticshopaholic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best eyeliner I have used. It stays on all day and is easy to apply. It can be used on the lower lid too (it looks better if you smudge it) The gel comes in a nice little glass pot with a professional brush. My only critism is that the brush can get very caked up if allowed to dry. so make sure you clean the brush after applying. I would defiinatly buy this product again!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by liyahxxforever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got this because so many people were raving about it. i love it more for my waterline then my lash line. the brush is surprisingly nice to use because it is more round the angled like most eyeliner brushes. overall it's a nice eyeliner for everyday.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by KillCloud9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely loved this. Accidentally bought charcol instead of black but it's still fantastic. It's super easy to apply (great brush!) and the pot it comes in is really nice. It just glides on and stays for ages.
The only thing I don't like is that they don't give you a way to store the brush without damaging it. I just comes loose :|
Over all, great product, great price.

***EDIT***

After wearing this for a bit I noticed that I got really dark smudges under my eyes. My mom had this problem with it, too. I don't have very oily lids and tried setting it with everything I could think of.
So, it's okay. It just smudges really easily and falls under your eyes. I wouldn't really buy again.