NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 3/31/2012 3:23:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I LOVE this foundation. I have incredibly sensitive, dry and acne-prone skin so finding a good foundation has always been my greatest problem. My skin always begins to flake after awhile and my foundation oxidizes so much I begin to look like an oompa loompa.

I've tried dozens of foundations from drugstore ones (Revlon Colorstay, Neutrogena ones) to expensive high end ones (MAC studio fix fluid, Lancome foundations, La Mer, MUA HD and velvet +, Bobbi Brown, Bare Minerals, Estee Lauder double wear, BB creams, ETC ETC) and they ALWAYS make my skin look dry and flaky to the point where after two hours, I could peel my foundation off. Or it makes me so oily, I can see the foundation slide off my face. I use primer, powder, setting spray and everything and it still happens.

UNTIL I stumbled upon this magnificent creation. This is my holy grail foundation, well worth the insane amount of money, (42 BUCKS -__-) Now remember, everyone's skin is different, and I have probably the most annoying skin combination (acne prone, dry on some areas, oily on some, easily breaks out) on the face of the earth, and this is the only foundation that manages to keep my skin smooth and flawless until the end of the day. It does not oxidize at all on my skin, thank you sweet baby jesus and my color is perfect. I'm a NC30-NC35 in MAC, and the color Punjab is absolutely perfect for me. Brush, fingers, beauty blender, whatever, works incredibly well. I have a lot of acne scarring, discoloration, large pores, you name it, I have it. I need full coverage all the time, and this is the only foundation that makes my skin look flawless for once, and the texture of it is smooth, light, and covers very well.

Nars sheer flow foundation + MAC studio fix concealer = THE HOLY COMBINATION.

My only problem is that it IS extremely pricey, but I am willing to put up with it because my skin is just so picky with everything. And the packaging is annoying as well, because the square part of the cap came off once and it doesnt have a pump but whatever because the formula is glorious.

on 3/29/2012 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this foundation for almost two years and have gone through a few bottles. I started with Barcelona...as I've been more conscious of staying out of the sun I am now using Stromboli. There are a couple of very imporant things I look for before I even sample a foundation. ONE that it doesnt contain sunscreen, I am allergic. I feel like foundations shouldn't contain sunscreen a lot of people that think foundations make them break out are just allergic to chemical sunscreens. I am one of those of people. Second they must have a warm/yellow/olive undertone. I cannot wear Estee lauder, Laura Mercier, Clinique for example those shades are all too pink and look ashy on me. The shades that have a bit more warmth are too orange. This foundation passed both of those requirements. The color selection is amazing. The colors run from very light to dark. I use Stromboli and I would equate that to a MAC nc30-35 BB 4.25. This foundation packs a punch when it comes to pigment I need about a quarter sized amount for me whole face. I use the sigma F82 and stipple a sheer layer over my face and bounce a little extra product over areas where I need more coverage. This foundation builds without looking cakey and I would say it builds to a med-full coverage. I have very textured skin, large pores and this doesnt emphasize them and instead gives me a softer appearance. The finish isnt dewy for me I would describe this as more a satin finish. For me this foundation needs to be set with a powder as I do tend to get shiny in my t-zone. Now on to why this isnt HG status. The wear. It tends to wear off a little patchy. If im careful and dont touch my face ( I know bad) I can get a good 10 hours out of it. Im still on the hunt for a good powder to set this. I have reactive clog prone skin, although this hasnt caused irritation I have noticed if I dont double cleanse to remove this ( Boscia Oil cleanser and Dermadoctor Litmus test) I do get clogged pores. Since I havent been able to get such a good color match I will stick with this and try to adjust the powders and such to maximize wear. The packaging doesnt bother me. I bought a foundation pump it was $6 but it was just a one time purchase since I just transfer it to my new bottle very time. Love this foundation just picked up a new bottle at Nordies.

on 3/28/2012 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

wore this foundation for the first time today (after testing twice!!)

once I got the right colour BAM! Instant love!!
goes on like a dream with or without primer!
it just looks better and better as the day goes on..

packaging not so great!
I want a pump lid
LOL when it is cold it hurts to bang the bottle on the back of your hand :)

on 3/28/2012 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

this is an OK foundation..it looks nice on the skin but ive had the same results with drugstore foundations...and for the price and lack of staying power this has HECK NO i would not buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was debating on getting this vs another foundation but loved this upon first application. Its more medium coverage on me, but looks natural yet perfects my complexion the same time. It gives me a nice glow without looking greasy and overwhelming. I have dry skin, but I really well moisturize before applying it. I also use my fingers applying it but use brushes with my other foundations. Using a brush could easily result in over doing it and getting a cakey finish. I'm NC20/25 and bought this in Fiji.

Update, Sheerglow is responisible for recent breakouts and clogged pores on my cheeks. After I stopped using everything began healing after a week.

on 3/25/2012 4:18:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I received a sample of this product from Sephora and decided to test it with a full face application today. Not only is this line nothing but yellow (and too much of it!), it did NOTHING but make my skin look worse! 2 hours after application, I had dry flakes across my cheeks which I never otherwise have an issue with, and I looked awful. I only gave it 2 lippies because you need little product for an all-over application, otherwise, this is NOT worth it. I'd never buy or recommend this product to anybody. I'll stick with Smashbox for now.
UPDATE: I decided to give this foundation another chance and applied it with my fingers (never do that anymore, was odd!) due to a recent review, but it still turned out cakey AND it made me break out! I applied with clean hands, for the record. This is garbage.

on 3/20/2012 8:17:00 PM

Definitely not for combination skin. Was assured by sales assistant that it would work better on me than matte version as would smooth out dry flaky areas. Actually found it accentuated the dry areas and by middle of day I was frantically trying to fix it at work and too scared to get to close to people in case they noticed how weird my skin looked. Very patchy, cloggy and dried out dry areas even more and made oil prone areas even more greasy. Can't win with this product at all. And I totally agree - paying this much, at least have a pump to dispense product!

on 3/20/2012 7:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I do not like to use heavy foundations and I find sheer glow gives me the right amount of coverage if i mix a bit of moisturizer in with it. It feels lighter this way and gives enough coverage to even out skin tone and hide minor imperfections. I have yellow undertones to my skin so I found this to look better on me than many foundations do (I use the shade "Gobi"). Probably would not work the best for people with rosier undertones or someone looking for more coverage.

After using MAC studio fix fluid for the past two years I was on the hunt for a new foundation, after looking at several I decided on NARS sheer glow. It hasn't disappointed me yet! The cover I would say is medium but really buildable, and I have found that it lasts pretty much all day. It has a dewy finish, which I love in foundations, but tends to go matte once it's fully dried. The colour selection was really good and the girl at the counter matched me up with Dueville, a majority of the colours have yellow undertones but if you have pale skin with red patches like me it covers all of it. The only bad thing I can say about it is the packaging, a majority of places don't sell it with a pump, however I finally found a store that does.

on 3/20/2012 12:56:00 AM

I like the dewy look this foundation gives.It does have a yellow undertone which compliments skin,however coverage is o.k. You do need your concealer With this one . What I hate is they should add a pump especially with the price of this. I will buy again for sure because I enjoy the dewy look.

Video Reviews & Tutorials