September 2, 2014 | 1548 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by elleLuv5

I've been using sheer glow for almost a year and I thought I'd already written a review for it!! This is definitely HG foundation for me. I wear punjab. I have dry skin which in the winter time can be extreme (flaky and crackly looking skin, I know gross!). I think this is a great foundation for us who unfortunately have dehydrated skin. However, for winter months you can't really rely on the sheer glow to give you that extra layer of moisture and hydration. The key then will be your moisturizer. Otherwise, you will end up having your dry skin appear flaky and cracking. I use EVOO and cetaphil cream underneath and both work great for me. No problems with coverage. A little goes a long way and it is buildable. It covers my little bit of redness on my left cheek. Also, it lasts all day without using a setting powder. It provides a nice satin, flawless finish. I like how I don't get a matte look, as someone with dry skin..the matte finish is just not for me. There's a tiny bit of dewy-ness to it which I love. It doesn't feel heavy and wears light. The bottle lasted me about 8 months. It's not cheap but definitely worth it especially if it lasts you that long! The no pump thing is definitely annoying as most have mentioned. It can get messy around the mouth of the bottle and inefficient. I really hope the change the bottle and include a pump as the current one is not hygienic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a nice foundation for my normal to dry skin though I doubt if it will be moisturizing enough for people with really dry skin. I think I will need some extra moisturizer if I use this during winter. Well, at least it stays put well during the hot and humid summer here. I'd consider this as a rather light foundation on my skin as when I have this foundation on my face, I won't have the "stuffy" feeling. Also, it doesn't oxidize on me and pretty much transfer-free as well. This gives sheer to medium buildable coverage with satin finish? This is not dewy and definitely not completely dead matte as well.

The major issue I have with this foundation is that it cakes on drier skin flakes. You may argue that most foundation does but my Cle de Peau Refining Fluid Foundation doesn't. Ok, I probably shouldn't complain as the CdP costs a bit more than twice of SG. Well, other than this and the stupid pour bottle packaging, I'm happy with this foundation and may repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by odubkids

Love this foundation, provides sheer coverage, but definitely can be built to heavy coverage without looking cakey.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 3:26:00 AM More reviews by muffingrl

This is one of my favorite foundations in my collection. It gives a solid medium coverage and lasts for a reasonable amount of time. Application is smooth and easy. The finish is absolutely beautiful, very satiny and skinlike. The color match is better than most of my other foundations. I have a very yellow undertone and most yellow toned foundations are not yellow enough. I wear this in Light 5 Fiji, I do think I need to go up a shade though for summer. I prefer to wear this foundation during winter because it is slightly more hydrating and my winter dryness prolongs the wear of this foundation. At $42, this is not my everyday foundation, this is very much my "going out" foundation. I am near the end of my bottle though, and I don't quite want to repurchase just yet, but I will definitely do so in the future!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by realpeak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I used the shade Ceylan when I'm my natural NC20 colour and mix Stromboli and Syracause when I'm tan (NC37/C4). Ceylan and Stromboli match my yellow tones nicely, and Syracause has a good mix of tan and peach tones, not pink or yellow or orange.

The texture is relatively quite thin but not watery, provides light-medium coverage (buildable) and evens out my skintone/covered redness. It feels nice and lightweight on my skin and looks natural...my skin but better. Infact, I think my skin looks really clear when I wear this, almost airbrushed. The finish is gives is a soft satin that gets more glowy as the day passes and the foundation mixes with your natural oils. It doesn't get greasy on me even if I don't use primer or setting powder.

However, there are some downfalls with this foundation. First of all, it can be rather streaky upon application even when moisturizing well beforehand. Second is the longevity - this is not a super long lasting foundation and will not hold up extremely well in warm weather. It transfers a lot aswell. Not something I'd expect when I pay nearly £30 for a foundation. The packaging is horrible aswell, but I refuse to pay an extra £5-6 for a pump.

Overall it's a nice foundation despite it's negatives. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 10:18:00 AM More reviews by enolf

Ever since my Christian Dior Fluide got discontinued (2009) I've been a bit lost. I'm not very good with the new checmical SPF that seems to be prevalent in ALL foundations (so annoying!!!) as it makes my face peel.

I tried Christian Dior Extreme (something like that), Sisley (bad colour range, not very good at perfecting), and lately a Givenchy PhotoPerfection (something like that) one which was very nice -- but ultimately made my face peel (due to the sunscreen) and wasn't very dewy.

BUT now I've found my new HG. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. It does on like a dream, is really buildable (I apply it with a foundation brush and it works fine) is really dewy (so I wouldn't recommend it for people with oily skin) and the doesn't oxidise (go orange). It also contains no SPF! yay!!! It also has a nice quality that it fills pores nicely creating an airbrushed look (not as amazing as Dior Fluide, but pretty good).

VERY happy to have found it. TEmpted to buy a few bottles as I'm terrified they'll start putting SPF in it and ruin the formuation.

Also, I suggest that when you buy it, you make sure you buy the PUMP for it. If not it all just becomes too annoying.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by LoveandBeauty

Skin Type: NC15, combination/oily

I think this is a decent foundation. I really wanted to love it, after hearing all the massive hype surrounding it. Unfortunately, I haven't reached for it since I bought it months ago. I tend to favor luminous foundations despite my skin type, only because they look more natural. However, I found that this didn't exactly give any glow to my skin. It has a runny consistency, and it dried to a satin finish. I found that it gives medium coverage that is buildable. The lasting power is not exceptional, and it began to look a little patchy after several hours. I simply cannot justify the price for this foundation. It is a basic satin finish foundation, with minimal glow. If this is the look you want, then I would suggest buying this. However, I have found better foundations that deliver that "luminous" look. I gave it 3 stars for average.

Shade References: I have very light, neutral skin, and have tried the palest shades. Siberia is far too light for a true NC15, as some have suggested. It is a very pale shade with yellow undertones, suitable for NC10. Gobi has the same undertones as Siberia, but the shade intensity is deeper. I would suggest Gobi for an NC15. Mont Blanc has a pinky neutral undertone, and is suitable for NW15. I have not tried Deauville because I know it would be too dark, but upon swatching it, it looks suitable for NW20. Ceylan would be good for NC20.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by vwbenzo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's a decent sheer-to-medium coverage foundation. It must be used over concealer if you have spots you need to even out. I won't purchase again as I'll be looking for something with more coverage, and a little SPF would be nice too.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Kerry1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I bought this foundation I also got a sample so I could try it before opening the bottle. I'm very glad I did, because it doesn't work for me at all. I was hoping to find a match for my very pale, warm toned skin. I got the lightest shade, Siberia, and although it is very light it has a strong yellow tone which does not match my skin. The coverage is minimal and it was not able to hide red marks from acne scars, although I did find it pretty easy to blend. I have combination skin and I'm used to having to touch up with blotting papers and powder throughout the day, and this foundation was no exception. It did not hold out very well over the day and by the time I got home from work, the foundation had disappeared from my chin and around my nose. Overall I am disappointed and this will be going back to the store.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by nette92

I've never in my life had such a confused/love/hate relationship with a foundation. First off, Sheer Glow looks amazing. It is a satin finish, not too matte not too dewy. It makes your skin look like velvety and soft to the touch. The color match was as perfect as I've ever had. The colors are more geared to yellow-tones, fyi. Sadly, this did break me out. For the record I have sensitive skin with eczema and products are more likely to break me out than other people. Save your receipts girls because I didn't and this only started to break me out like 3 weeks later. So it will just sit in my makeup drawer. Another thing, i have normal skin and this made my skin feel a bit oily after a few hours. Which is odd because I don't really have much natural oil and a product never did that before. I didn't look overly greasy though. Lasting power is good but I would suggest setting with a powder. As you can tell, this product for me is all over the place. If you came on here to see whether you should buy it or not, my advice is to go in and get a sample, no matter what skin type you have because this product has worked for a lot of people, and has failed a lot of people. If this worked for you, bless you! It is truly beautiful.