October 24, 2014 | 951 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Coralista

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Benefit's boxes of powders are classics!! Coralista is a lovely cheerful coral pink/peach color. It doesn't look orange, I'm thinking that it might be similar to Nars Deep throat, but I'm not sure. Anyways Coralista smells like lovely flowers!! which is different from the other 6 boxes of powders...lovely! would definitely repurchase if I used it up!! but for such a pricey item you get A LOT in the box, really!

P.S. at the beginning I was a bit disappointed because the color seems pretty sheer when I first applied on my face, however, after a few minutes, the coral-ish color shows up! don't know why though - but i love the warm tone!

P.P.S. (latest update) - I found myself rarely reach for Coralista now, the pink-toned blush can be easily replaced by other pink blushes I own...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2009 11:59:00 AM More reviews by kmod

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I checked this out at the BeneFit counter and initially thought it was too bright for me. I brushed some on and it is just about perfect. It's not too shimmery and it's a lovely coral on me. I don't think it looks like Orgasm which is much peachier on me and more shimmer. I apply this with the SK 187 dupe so I get just a light wash of color. I'm fair with a very cool undertone and have to use a light hand with almost all blushes. The scent is faint and the shimmer is light. For the price, you get a lot of product so I don't think it was that expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Maxipoodle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had this blush for about two and a half weeks and when I saw it at Sephora, I was like oh thats a nice color, but for some reason BeneFit's packaging and little phrases always turn me away from the brand, it seems to me like its a brand aimed for little girls or something, like if theyre not being serious w/ anything, but I was like "this is too nice of a colo so I will try it", and I ended up buying the product, I like it, except that I dont ever wear it on its own, I alwaysuse it first then i slightly apply NARS' Orgasm blush, they are similar but for me, O is by far better. I will keep this blush because the scent is nice and the product itself is good too.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by JCPrincess318

I am definetly a BIG fan of the BeneFit cosmetic line...and I take a liking for the Blushes...well face powders...same thing! I had tried the Georgia (Peach) and the Ten (duo highlighting) and the Throb (healthy flush my absolute favorite) and now the newest addition Coralista. Its nicely and cleverly packaged, the wooden brush and wild tropical coloring on the box...but personally I am not wild about it at all! It goes on so strong ...like a real orangey peach, versus a pinky peach. I would lend towars the NARS Orgasm if I wanted a soft peachy color. The next purchase from BeneFit...blush wise I will make from BeneFit will be THROB!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2009 8:13:00 AM More reviews by GlossRawk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was reluctant to try this since it looks so pigmented and I have such fair skin. But it looks great on me! In fact, I've tried this on a number of my friends, all with varying skin tones and it looks great on all of them! This really is a gorgeous versatile blush. It does look a lot like Nars Orgasm, but I like it better. It's not as sparkly, it's very buildable, and there's a lot more bang for your buck with the product.

The box is adorable, and I'm a sucker for pretty packaging. But I've never had a problem with their box blushes coming open on me when I've got one banging around in my purse. The brush is useless though - it's the same as their other box blushes. Even the MA's use the regular Benefit Blush Brush to apply this, and not the one that comes with the box.

It also has a slight scent, which adds a bit more glam to the product. It's a faint floral, but nothing that stays with you. I can just smell it as I'm applying it to my brush.

It's a bit pricey at $28, but you really get a lot of product. Their box blushes last me forever, so it's worth it. I loooove the color too. I thought coral would just look too bright on me, but this product is sheer and very buildable, so you can get just the right shade you want. After trying this on a friend she went and bought her own box she liked it so much! It really works on all skin tones! I plan on buying this again because it's the best coral I've found for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2009 1:25:00 PM More reviews by BeaverCleaverReturns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall, this is a pretty color. On me and in the pan, it's mostly a peachy color with just a hint of pink. It reminds me a lot of NARS Orgasm but it is more sheer. It is't as smooth as NARS blushes though so I would stick to Orgasm instead. If you already have Orgasm, Super Orgasm, or Torrid then you do not need this. It is also similar to MAC Hipness from the Fafi colection.

Years ago Benefit had a cream blush called Cheekies that had a pretty coral color. I was hoping this would be the powder version. Nope, not close as all. I wish they would make those again.

Another thing I was put off by was the weird fruit punch smell. I don't expect blushes to have strong scents much less fruity ones.

I wouldn't purchase this again because it isn't a unique color and isn't as nice quality-wise as others.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 5:27:00 AM More reviews by bulbataras

I love this! I am always searching for the perfect blush and have been using NARS Orgasm for years on and off but always seem to work better in the Summer when I am tan. Like some other reviewers have said, this is what I always wanted Orgasm to be. I still O for going out but Coralista gives you more of that glow versus sheen which is more natural for the day and also goes more pink when you layer whereas O goes more peach. It is lighter and sheerer than O but I like it. I sometimes and a pop of NARS desire over this for more impact. Love most of these boxes from Benefit and don't care about the packaging as these hold a lot more product that most blushes and last a long while, so I am happy. I think this the best one so far! UPDATE: Still loving this, perfect color and lasts all day until I wash my face at night and looks to fresh and natural from the first application to the end of the day. I have never had a blush last like this and just brightens the complexion so much without being overlight bright...HOLY GRAIL BLUSH!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by PALMANATOR

Pros:
Pretty Color
Cute Package though I wish it was more portable
Very wearable
I like it more than Georgia

Cons
The words Coralista is just a sticker that is peeling off.
Even though I love Benefit and justify it's hefty price, I think of almost all the Benefit I have had I would not repurchase this,

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by strawberrytaurus

I really really wanted to love Coralista based all the raves it was getting. My Sephora didn't get it in yet so I went as far as to trek to the Benefit counter to score one. My favorite blushes are peachy pink ones so this was right up my alley and I was excited to get this. First off, I think that the packaging is tacky. I'm not really sure what they wanted it to look like---like they put a lot of designs together that don't match and they said okay, forget it let's just finish it up and move onto the next product's designs. I bet there was like no thought put into it. I normally like crazy or out of the ordinary designs too but this was just ugly. I also dislike the brush that comes with the blush. The design is just weird. A blush should be more tapered, not retangular. The third thing I disliked was the price. $28 for a blush? It is a lot of blush at 0.42 oz compared to Nars but this isn't Nars and is nowhere close to Nars quality. Also, the box it comes in is a cute idea but not when you want to put a regular sized blush brush in there. What I disliked most about the product though is the sheerness of the blush. I'm NC35 and I had to apply this 3 times on each cheek to get some color which is a shame because at a glance the blush looks very pigmented and gorgeous. Once I applied the blush and got it to show it was very very pretty---a nice peachy pink (I'd say the pink to peach ratio is 50/50) but not extremely unique. I prefer a lot of MAC blushes (at a fraction of the price) and Nars blushes to this. This also has a tiny shimmery sheen to it that's very subdued which is nice. Overall though, I'm not crazy about Coralista. It had so much potential but the fact that it's not "different" makes me think twice about keeping it. Again I'm a huge sucker for peachy/pink blushes so that's the reason that it's still in my traincase and not back at the counter. I'm not sure if this would work for you cool-toned gals though. If you're extremely cool I would pass.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 10:36:00 AM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

In the pan it's a deep-ish coral. Applied, it looks very pink, not coral on me (I'm NC30). It's sheer, so that's part of it. You know how orgasm for example looks peach in the pan, but if you apply it sheer it kinda looks golden? It's like that, the "reflection" is a cool toned pink, so on me it really just looks pink. It is not shimmery, but it is sheen-y. The smell to me just wouldn't go away, and it didn't smell lemon, it smelled slightly citrus but powdery, like a citrus sports drink mix. I can see a lot of people liking this color, but it wasn't for me.

OH, and it looks exactly the same on as some of my L'oreal blushes, the ones in those little square pans with the mirror inside. Same texture, etc. There's a dupe, but I don't remember the name of it.