October 30, 2014 | 1345 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by PaulaBenoit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think I actually like this better than my NARS Laguna bronzer. Let me start by saying I have NC37 skin and the trick to this is less is more. And to make sure you blend this in well. That way you avoid looking "dirty". I think if you have dry patches on your face this will add to the problem of it looking like your face is dirty so make sure you exfoliate. I like the fact that this is a matte brown shade, no shimmer or sparkles at all. Plus I found the texture of the powder was quite silky.

I use this to contour my cheekbones and a little by the temples/forehead area. Using my angled brush, I lightly tap the brush into the product, tap off any excess and then start applying it to the hollows of my cheeks using small circular motions. Then I take a bigger fluffy brush and buff it into my skin and blend it so there are no harsh edges. The result is instant cheekbones. Add a little blush to the apples of your cheeks and some High Beam to your cheekbones and you are good to go.

My only gripe is the packaging. I prefer my bronzer/powders to be in a compact, not a cardboard box. But since I like the product plus the fact that I got this when I purchased the Legally Bronze kit that Sephora is currently carrying I can overlook this.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by JasonCC

I really love this stuff. Its exactly what it says it is - a matte bronzer. To those who are complaining about it looking too muddy on their face - just use less! too much will make it look unnatural as with any bronzer. I bought mine for almost $30, which is kind of expensive but it lasts forever!
I've been using the box im on now almost everyday for the past year or so and i still have tons left! I like the packaging. I think the box that it comes in is really cute (along with the useless little brush) but it could easily come open and get all over the place.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by SoMuchSweeter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hoola is probably one of my favorite matte bronzers that I have. I love the way it goes onto my skin and the color output is amazing. It gives me a nice tan look and I love using it for contour. It is quite expensive but I use it just about everyday and it lasts forever.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by gobayram

hated this bronzer so much!! made me look muddy and gross. I didn't use it to contour because i don't contour and since this is labeled as a "bronzer" i used it on my face and it made my face look dirty, maybe cause it's matte, i'm nw10-15 and i love my laguna a lot more!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by noname101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this bronzer. Its my favorite ever actually.

I agree that the square cardboard packaging is a bit awkward. Its cute but not very practical.

More importantly, this is a nice, buildable matte bronzer that, when applied with a light touch, looks very natural.

I used my 187 to apply this actually, it makes it possible not to go overboard with this highly pigmented stuff. you don't want to go overboard with bronzer. LIGHT HANDS.

I recommend getting this as a part of the legally bronze package at Sephora. its 35USD/42CAD and it includes a full size hoola+mascara+highbeam+gilded pencil+bag. Thats drug store price guys!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by yourphatness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this is perfect for contouring my pale face. It's matte, not orange.. blendable so that lines don't look too severe or muddy.
I don't use this all over my face though as I prefer my lancome and guerlain bronzers for that.
I prefer round packaging to the square box this comes in, but i think this is going to last me a very long time. Overall great!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 1:46:00 AM More reviews by babyyypink

I love this bronzer, I bought it because I hate shinny bronzers, and this is a great matte looking bronzer.
Don't use the brush it comes with, because it makes my face look dirty, instead I use a longer and bigger brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by MissKrimson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this bronzer because it is a nice matte finish unlike most bronzers which contain some sort of sparkle/shimmer or shine. I also like it for its colour because it is a true brown tone and not orangey. Never ever turns orangey on any skin tone. This is the perfect bronzer for my medium-tan skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by emmathebest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great bronzer. I have had it for just over two years even though I'm not supposed to keep it for that long. A while ago I made it through to the bottom, so I could see a bit of the metal casing. So went out and bought a new one. Neednt have bothered! It's still lasting ages! I don't really like the brush it comes with so have thrown it away and use my normal powder brush, which is why i dropped a lippie for packaging quality.
I was going to give it four lippies for price, as I did think it a bit expensive when I first bought it, but then considering it has lasted soooo long I would definatly say its a good investment.
For me I don't have any problems with it, but for a couple of friends I have tried it out on who are paler than me it can make them look a bit dirty, if too much is put on. Only problem though.
Otherwise its great!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2010 12:57:00 AM More reviews by jif2c

This is my go-to bronzer. I am not sure if I would repurchase because I am new to higher end makeup items and want to see whats out there. It is an item I use everyday right now though. My skin is (winter) NC20 and (summer) NC 25-30 and it looks better the darker my skin. I would think it might look muddy or unnatural on someone with lighter skin that me. I do like the color it gives me in the summer. My one box has lasted over a year so that is a plus. Those benefit boxes seem to never empty!!