April 20, 2014 | 922 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2005 12:11:00 PM More reviews by happygirl1

This stuff is really weird. It's like rubbing Carmex all over your face, but without as much greasiness as Carmex. The Benefit SA said that it doesn't clog pores, but rather sits on top of your pores. Uh, isn't that just as bad? So basically my face doesn't breathe while wearing this stuff, right? Needless to say, I didn't buy this, and I will not in the future either. There are far better things out there to absorb oil than THIS! It isn't cheap either, imagine that!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2005 9:01:00 AM More reviews by auburn28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ugh. this stuff is rather sad. i for one think this stuff feels gross on my skin and smells bad too. i don't know why someone would pay over $20 for a full size tin of this, but it won't be me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2005 11:20:00 AM More reviews by radekal19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in a sample bag from Sephora. I guess I'm one of the few here who like it, but I would not purchase it for full price. It does mattify your skin, however I prefer to use Clear and Clear sheets instead, because I just feel wierd applying such a rich balm to my oily face. I would not use this as a primer however since it kinda dries your face out, and doesn't really fill in lines or pores.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2005 2:27:00 AM More reviews by theminx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this as a gift, and I cannot for the life of me fathom what it's supposed to do. I used it over makeup, as a base etc etc.... invariably I ended up with a greasy face with unhealthy white cast. I'm not too hot about the angel food cake smell either.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2005 8:26:00 PM More reviews by DJ112

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is HORRIBLE! I got roped into buying it after I saw review in a magazine. I purchased it on the basis that you can apply it over foundation to make it look less cakey and maskey. It's very greasy and heavy basically lard in a tin. I have acne prone skin and I broke out big time. Don't waste your money. I couldn't return it so I just threw it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2005 1:20:00 PM More reviews by millymollymandy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Poor old Dr Feelgood ......... I must show my support as this product solved one of my makeup problems - namely, foundation that went patchy after a few hours on my combo skin.
Enter the Doc , and by ignoring the advice and applying it lightly BEFORE my foundation, it worked wonders , keeping my base looking fresher and more evn all day.
It is a great product for me, and I will soon be buying another tin, this one has lasted me about 9 months so far , making it very affordable.
Hurrah for Benefit !

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2005 1:36:00 PM More reviews by MissMermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I want to just add my few and nasty thoughts on this useless aged vaseline in a tin. Oh how the freakin Benefit packaging team dragged me in and made a fool of me again. I have spent a few years trying to figure out this product. I have not found a single practical use for it and absolutely have to agree with other reviews that said the salespeople were stymied by how to explain its use. I have NEVER gotten a satisfactory answer...because THERE SIMPLY IS NONE. What a waste. I feel so humiliated every time I gaze at the cute piece of expensive nonsense. It needs to go away and stop taunting me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2005 12:46:00 PM More reviews by lolly2001

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is great. A good primer or post makeup when you need a touch-up. It has many uses. The important thing is not to rub it in but to blot it on. A little pat w/ the sponge and you have a velvety smooth texture. Plus, as with all BeneFit products, very cute packaging.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2005 6:33:00 PM More reviews by pikescat

This is a good primer, but nothing overtly special. The packaging and tagline are cute, like most of Benefit's other products. However, my main complaint with this primer is the difficulty in getting from the compact to your face. A sponge seemed a little too odd, but it isn't a liquid, so you can't squeeze it out and apply. But, since it is in a compact, it goes on a tad lighter than most primers, which is a bonus for me and my easily clogged pores. I would break this out for special occasions when I really want my face/foundation to be the center of attention, but I discovered that after a few days of regular use, I did have some clogged pores. Oh we,, I suppose primers really just aren't for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2005 11:13:00 AM More reviews by mustangbaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a gwp from Sephora, and I'm very glad I didn't shell out the cash for the full-size. This is supposed to be a mattifying balm, but for me it failed to live up to that claim. If anything, it made my skin get oily sooner! The product itself seems a tad bit greasy, so that might have contributed to the oiliness factor as well. I would suggest trying this first before commiting to a regular size tin - I think you'll be glad you did!!!