October 2, 2014 | 1902 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2005 8:48:00 PM More reviews by MistDru

I hate to see that this product didn't work for others - I have pretty deep acne scars and this smooths them over so that makeup doesn't sink into them. It also seems to give me a glow, I love it! Also, Benefit's packaging is, as usual, to die for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2005 9:55:00 AM More reviews by haseena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well i got this as a raok from a lovely muaer. Surprisingly, i loved it. I only use this on my nose and it practically makes the pores invisible. Mattifies my nose too, however my skin isn't oily at all so probably it worked. Looks like this will last me a long long time. A little goes a long way. I do not use the sponge but instead dab a little with my fingers, and smear it over my nose. Voila! No hassles with the screw top jar either :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2005 2:49:00 PM More reviews by lambert

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product worked pretty well for me, but the cause of my shine might be different than the other reviewers'. I am 42 years old and don't have oily skin. However, at my age, moisturizer and an SPF are not optional. They're mandatory. Most moisturizers with an SPF leave a horrible shine on my face, but if I rub my finger in this primer and put it on top of my SPF, it takes the shine way down, but still gives me a dewy complexion. I didn't think it smelled at all, but my ten year old who read the other reviews too thought it was stinky. I got this as a sample with purchase from Sephora, but I'll probably buy a full size when I'm finished with this. I don't use very much each time, and I apply it only to the spots where I need it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2005 12:39:00 PM More reviews by scoplen

Gosh, such mixed reviews! I was really shocked I liked this, I think most Benefit products are mostly hype. Let me say, first off, this has no smell. I got a free sample and it has been fantastic. I am applying it only on my nose, chin and forehead UNDER my foundation, but after my sunscreen. It has worked better than anything I have found to combat shiny nose and my makeup sliding off. It works better than Clinique pore minimizer, DermaDoctor tease zone, Smashbox primer, Shiseido mattifying veil, and plenty of other products that I have tried. No breakouts. Also, there is no petroleum in this product, as other members seem to have mistakenly thought. *EDIT: While this works GREAT under Revlon Colorstay concealer, it looks awful and mask-like under LM Secret Concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2005 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Flitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After hearing to many mixed feelings about this product, I really did not expect to like it as much as I did. In fact, I was expecting to dislike it-but I LOVE it!!

Honestly, this is the best stuff to wear under my foundation that I have tried in years, and I have very oily skin. (I highly suggest putting this under your foundation and not over!!) It is also so fun to use with its cute packaging!

In all fairness, I did start using this product in the middle of winter, so maybe it will not stand up to the summer heat. I will find that out in time, but for right now this product gets a perfect 5 from me!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2005 6:38:00 PM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Felt good upon initial application--smooth--but the horrible camphor smell, and the dull gray look (and greasy!)that came on after a few hours made me return it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2005 12:11:00 PM More reviews by happygirl1

This stuff is really weird. It's like rubbing Carmex all over your face, but without as much greasiness as Carmex. The Benefit SA said that it doesn't clog pores, but rather sits on top of your pores. Uh, isn't that just as bad? So basically my face doesn't breathe while wearing this stuff, right? Needless to say, I didn't buy this, and I will not in the future either. There are far better things out there to absorb oil than THIS! It isn't cheap either, imagine that!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2005 9:01:00 AM More reviews by auburn28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ugh. this stuff is rather sad. i for one think this stuff feels gross on my skin and smells bad too. i don't know why someone would pay over $20 for a full size tin of this, but it won't be me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2005 11:20:00 AM More reviews by radekal19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in a sample bag from Sephora. I guess I'm one of the few here who like it, but I would not purchase it for full price. It does mattify your skin, however I prefer to use Clear and Clear sheets instead, because I just feel wierd applying such a rich balm to my oily face. I would not use this as a primer however since it kinda dries your face out, and doesn't really fill in lines or pores.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2005 2:27:00 AM More reviews by theminx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this as a gift, and I cannot for the life of me fathom what it's supposed to do. I used it over makeup, as a base etc etc.... invariably I ended up with a greasy face with unhealthy white cast. I'm not too hot about the angel food cake smell either.