March 2, 2015 | 1086 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2006 11:43:00 PM More reviews by marisa61

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

How anyone can use this is beyond me. Like covering your face in cooking grease, plus it has this really weird (almost freaky) scent that smells like nothing else I've ever smelled before, and hopefully won't ever smell again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2006 1:56:00 AM More reviews by missghie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one part of my makeup routine that I can't do without. Have repurchased several times. I'm in my mid-30s, starting to show my age, some sun damage, lines, large pores. I put this on over tinted moisterizer and powder and it just makes my face look and feel as smooth and lovely as can be--doesn't feel too heavy, doesn't give me breakouts, and really does seem to fill in some of my fine lines, etc. It's almost like a nice, soft airbrush effect, but never looks or feels overdone. I put a little Hollywood Glo on the tops of my cheeks and the look is, I feel, fresh, natural, and a little glamorous at the same time. I love Dr. Feelgood!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2006 4:42:00 PM More reviews by lebon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well I figured I'd add my two cents here.... First let me say that I got the sample size of this from sephora, and I hadn't tried it yet because I wasn't sure what to do with it. So I chased my husband off the computer to check out the reviews...only to find that no one, it seems, has a clear idea of what to do with this! :O) (Some of the reviews were just hysterical; you guys are so funny!) I'm 32 with combination skin that leans toward the dry side -- my T-zone gets shiny but also flakes. Oh, and I've got big pores to boot. (Lucky, aren't I???) I have to be careful with the products I use because my t-zone tends to get so dry that oftentimes products cake and flake and look horrendous. So I put on my heavy Nivea creme and let it sit for a good while before dabbing on the Dr. Feelgood -- only on my chin and nose and sides of nose, where the pores are the worst. I used my most moisturizing base over that, then, because we're about to go out to dinner, I dusted on some of Stila's all over shimmer (#9, also in the gift from heaven sephora sample bag). My verdict (after all this rambling) is...feh. It definitely did mattify, I noticed that, and it also probably made my pores seem a little diminished, but not a whole lot. The big fat lesson that I learned in all this was NOT to use shimmer anywhere near where you've put the Dr. Feelgood, because it makes the shimmer sort of clump together. So I'm nice and shimmery on my t-zone and nose...decidedly, pronouncedly so. (And it doesn't look good, I assure you!) So I would have to say that I wouldn't recommend this product unless you get it free - I'd have been ILL if I had spent money on this. Oh, and I, too, didn't smell a thing -- and I held it close to my nose and took a big whiff. This could be like Kiss My Face's Peaches and Cream moisturizer, which some people find to smell overwhelmingly like fresh cut peaches (mine did at first), but then other people find to smell overwhelmingly like cat pee (my second bottle did -- hence my husband's referring to it as "Piss My Face"). It may just be one of those weird product things -- varies from product to product. I have to also wonder if somewhere, the big wigs at Benefit are reading our reviews, high fiving each other, and going, "Haha! We stumped another one for $40!" :o)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2006 12:24:00 AM More reviews by mjlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont like this at all. I wanted to - its meant to be a mattifier or something but its too greasy and just sits on top of your skin. Waste of time IMO . Am glad i just got a samples size of it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2006 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Shmabby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So when I got my first canister of this stuff I absolutely loved it. I have very acne prone skin and it did nothing to make my skin worse. So I went and re-bought it, (which I rarely do), and it was just - meh. I barely ever use it, I'm not even sure what it does exactly. Sometimes now I'll use it if I think it'll hold my make-up in place, but overall I don't think it helps control the shine. And I hate the fact that the sponge falls apart because of the curve of the can. The falling apart sponge has been a large contributor to why I even stopped using it, it was too difficult to use. Overall, I'm not that impressed with this product and would not re-buy it or reccomend it to any of my friends.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2005 7:31:00 PM More reviews by dannimac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I sooo wanted to like this as I love Benefit. However, although this did smooth out my skin and keep my make up on for longer, it was at the expense of a very very pimply skin as a result. Therefore to me not worth continuing with it. I am in my 30s and have sensitive, combination skin. I have since moved to Laura Mercier and will be sticking with it. Sorry, Benefit!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2005 8:58:00 PM More reviews by txt_eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this!

Its smooths on so well (esp on my skin) and looks great even alone.

Just do not get near eyes- it really really stings!

But all over aside is great! Under or over MU- under make foundation & powder (leave to dry for a bit) smoother and over tones down any shiney bits...

And if you really hate it then I'll happly swap for it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2005 10:37:00 AM More reviews by snootyboots

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm torn when it comes to Dr. Feelgood. I love the way it makes my skin look and feel. It gives my shiny nose a perfectly smooth, matte finish without building up and getting obvious, like powder. But I always feel like I'm adding a layer of thick, pore-clogging chemicals instead! For that reason, I've never used it more than a week before I get nervous and put it back in my Drawer of Forgotten Products.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2005 8:48:00 PM More reviews by MistDru

I hate to see that this product didn't work for others - I have pretty deep acne scars and this smooths them over so that makeup doesn't sink into them. It also seems to give me a glow, I love it! Also, Benefit's packaging is, as usual, to die for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2005 9:55:00 AM More reviews by haseena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well i got this as a raok from a lovely muaer. Surprisingly, i loved it. I only use this on my nose and it practically makes the pores invisible. Mattifies my nose too, however my skin isn't oily at all so probably it worked. Looks like this will last me a long long time. A little goes a long way. I do not use the sponge but instead dab a little with my fingers, and smear it over my nose. Voila! No hassles with the screw top jar either :)