January 29, 2015 | 1770 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2006 4:42:00 PM More reviews by lebon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well I figured I'd add my two cents here.... First let me say that I got the sample size of this from sephora, and I hadn't tried it yet because I wasn't sure what to do with it. So I chased my husband off the computer to check out the reviews...only to find that no one, it seems, has a clear idea of what to do with this! :O) (Some of the reviews were just hysterical; you guys are so funny!) I'm 32 with combination skin that leans toward the dry side -- my T-zone gets shiny but also flakes. Oh, and I've got big pores to boot. (Lucky, aren't I???) I have to be careful with the products I use because my t-zone tends to get so dry that oftentimes products cake and flake and look horrendous. So I put on my heavy Nivea creme and let it sit for a good while before dabbing on the Dr. Feelgood -- only on my chin and nose and sides of nose, where the pores are the worst. I used my most moisturizing base over that, then, because we're about to go out to dinner, I dusted on some of Stila's all over shimmer (#9, also in the gift from heaven sephora sample bag). My verdict (after all this rambling) is...feh. It definitely did mattify, I noticed that, and it also probably made my pores seem a little diminished, but not a whole lot. The big fat lesson that I learned in all this was NOT to use shimmer anywhere near where you've put the Dr. Feelgood, because it makes the shimmer sort of clump together. So I'm nice and shimmery on my t-zone and nose...decidedly, pronouncedly so. (And it doesn't look good, I assure you!) So I would have to say that I wouldn't recommend this product unless you get it free - I'd have been ILL if I had spent money on this. Oh, and I, too, didn't smell a thing -- and I held it close to my nose and took a big whiff. This could be like Kiss My Face's Peaches and Cream moisturizer, which some people find to smell overwhelmingly like fresh cut peaches (mine did at first), but then other people find to smell overwhelmingly like cat pee (my second bottle did -- hence my husband's referring to it as "Piss My Face"). It may just be one of those weird product things -- varies from product to product. I have to also wonder if somewhere, the big wigs at Benefit are reading our reviews, high fiving each other, and going, "Haha! We stumped another one for $40!" :o)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2006 12:24:00 AM More reviews by mjlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont like this at all. I wanted to - its meant to be a mattifier or something but its too greasy and just sits on top of your skin. Waste of time IMO . Am glad i just got a samples size of it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2006 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Shmabby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So when I got my first canister of this stuff I absolutely loved it. I have very acne prone skin and it did nothing to make my skin worse. So I went and re-bought it, (which I rarely do), and it was just - meh. I barely ever use it, I'm not even sure what it does exactly. Sometimes now I'll use it if I think it'll hold my make-up in place, but overall I don't think it helps control the shine. And I hate the fact that the sponge falls apart because of the curve of the can. The falling apart sponge has been a large contributor to why I even stopped using it, it was too difficult to use. Overall, I'm not that impressed with this product and would not re-buy it or reccomend it to any of my friends.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2005 7:31:00 PM More reviews by dannimac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I sooo wanted to like this as I love Benefit. However, although this did smooth out my skin and keep my make up on for longer, it was at the expense of a very very pimply skin as a result. Therefore to me not worth continuing with it. I am in my 30s and have sensitive, combination skin. I have since moved to Laura Mercier and will be sticking with it. Sorry, Benefit!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2005 8:58:00 PM More reviews by txt_eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this!

Its smooths on so well (esp on my skin) and looks great even alone.

Just do not get near eyes- it really really stings!

But all over aside is great! Under or over MU- under make foundation & powder (leave to dry for a bit) smoother and over tones down any shiney bits...

And if you really hate it then I'll happly swap for it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2005 10:37:00 AM More reviews by snootyboots

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm torn when it comes to Dr. Feelgood. I love the way it makes my skin look and feel. It gives my shiny nose a perfectly smooth, matte finish without building up and getting obvious, like powder. But I always feel like I'm adding a layer of thick, pore-clogging chemicals instead! For that reason, I've never used it more than a week before I get nervous and put it back in my Drawer of Forgotten Products.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2005 8:48:00 PM More reviews by MistDru

I hate to see that this product didn't work for others - I have pretty deep acne scars and this smooths them over so that makeup doesn't sink into them. It also seems to give me a glow, I love it! Also, Benefit's packaging is, as usual, to die for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2005 9:55:00 AM More reviews by haseena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well i got this as a raok from a lovely muaer. Surprisingly, i loved it. I only use this on my nose and it practically makes the pores invisible. Mattifies my nose too, however my skin isn't oily at all so probably it worked. Looks like this will last me a long long time. A little goes a long way. I do not use the sponge but instead dab a little with my fingers, and smear it over my nose. Voila! No hassles with the screw top jar either :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2005 2:49:00 PM More reviews by lambert

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product worked pretty well for me, but the cause of my shine might be different than the other reviewers'. I am 42 years old and don't have oily skin. However, at my age, moisturizer and an SPF are not optional. They're mandatory. Most moisturizers with an SPF leave a horrible shine on my face, but if I rub my finger in this primer and put it on top of my SPF, it takes the shine way down, but still gives me a dewy complexion. I didn't think it smelled at all, but my ten year old who read the other reviews too thought it was stinky. I got this as a sample with purchase from Sephora, but I'll probably buy a full size when I'm finished with this. I don't use very much each time, and I apply it only to the spots where I need it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2005 12:39:00 PM More reviews by scoplen

Gosh, such mixed reviews! I was really shocked I liked this, I think most Benefit products are mostly hype. Let me say, first off, this has no smell. I got a free sample and it has been fantastic. I am applying it only on my nose, chin and forehead UNDER my foundation, but after my sunscreen. It has worked better than anything I have found to combat shiny nose and my makeup sliding off. It works better than Clinique pore minimizer, DermaDoctor tease zone, Smashbox primer, Shiseido mattifying veil, and plenty of other products that I have tried. No breakouts. Also, there is no petroleum in this product, as other members seem to have mistakenly thought. *EDIT: While this works GREAT under Revlon Colorstay concealer, it looks awful and mask-like under LM Secret Concealer.