October 26, 2014 | 1572 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2010 8:20:00 AM More reviews by globetrekker09

Question first: does this product like some facials make you break out a little bit first (gets all the stuff out from underneath in other words) then everything goes away? Since I have used this twice and have gotten a few spots and since my face wasn't really breaking out before hand, I think it may be this.

Okay, this product does make your face feel lovely and really evens out skin tone. I followed what people said on here and massage into my face for a minute or so and then wipe it off with a warm wash cloth. After that I use Cetaphil to wash the excess off. I don't use moisturizer now on my face in the evenings since my skin feels so smooth. However, like I said above, even though my skin feels lovely now and my skin tone is nice and even, I've gotten a few new spots after the second usage and I'm getting very wary now. I hope this is like a facial where it just makes things come out since I really like this product :(

Update: Okay, so I've been using this for a week now and I really love it! My skin is clearing up now and the spots that were there before aren't leaving marks. The marks that I had from some spots I had before (allergic reactions to something I think because they stayed on my face for well over two months, nothing like the normal spots I get) are even starting to fade which nothing else successfully made happen. My skin is less oily over all, I don't have to blot it during the day, and I think I may even drop the Cetaphil after the Ponds. My harsh winter still is making my face look a little on the blotchy side, but much less so than before. I'll keep buying this! I'm so happy to both discover that salicylic acid was the thing that was making me have skin issues in the first place and that I don't need to in order to get clear skin anymore. This product feels so much better on my skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by natasha232

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily forehead,nose and dry cheeks and chin. Dry bugs me. If you have dry skin you know that if you can feel it when you smiling or moving lips from side to side, anyways....I always take off makeup with makeup remover. Make sure it says " makeup remover " not just " facial cleanser "! I use Clean & Clear Makeup Dissolving Foaming Cleanser, which is a must have for anyone who uses makeup!! Then, I use Pond's Cold Cream on a clean face, it will almost melt into your skin when you massage it in. Leave it on for a few minutes which will moisturize and sink in the skin also remove any dirt that might be left by previous cleansing (just might) :) Wipe it off with a warm washcloth. Whoa...you got an amazingly soft and clean baby_skin! Hope your face will love this cleansing routine :)!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by nshine

I love this cream! It works so well on my skin! It's just great. But anyways, I have combination skin (oily in T-zone, dry in cheeks and chin) that's also acne-prone. I get acne on my nose, the bridge to my forehead, my forehead and around my nose. I have tried everything like spot treatments but those didn't work for me well. I found a great face wash, Neutrogena Acne Systems Grapefruit, but I realized that it needed more help, so I've been using ponds cold cream for three days now and it gives a few great benefits. 1) It made my skin extremely soft and smooth 2) My pores got smaller 3) Acne scars faded 4) Acne went away. It's really good for your skin. First I use my face wash, then I put the cream on 3x a day (twice if i don't work out) and it gets all makeup and gross stuff off of the skin. Today I had a whitehead, I put the cream on for about a minute, and when I tissued the cream off the pimple was almost non-existent. The only doubts i have about this product is sometimes my skin gets a little oily from it, and sometimes it takes awhile to tissue off. You don't need to put too much on. Another thing is the smell. It's not too terrible but its not that pleasant either. I'm not sure how this product works on blackheads, but it works great for all other types of acne. I highly recommend this product to anyone with dry, normal or combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by silenceincolour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a few weeks now. I've always had acne prone skin, but about a year and a half ago, I suddenly started developing more serious acne, the cystic kind. They left temporary scars and hyper-pigmentation which still have not gone away and probably won't for a few years.
Anyway, the point is that this acne continued regardless of what I did. I used retin-a micro, and although my skin got really dry, it also became much prettier- but the acne stayed.
Then I decided to try Pond's Cold Cream because I bought Revlon Colorstay.
What I do is rub some around on my face for a minute or so, then take it off with tissues using swipes, and never using the same side more than once. Because my skin is dry, I don't generally wash my face after that, but I do sometimes.
Since then, my acne is almost completely gone. I haven't had this clear of skin since I was nine years old.
This was the only change, so it had to be Pond's. Amazing stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Lazee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

You really have to work this into the skin for it to dissolve any makeup. In the instructions it states the cream can be removed using cotton wool or a damp washcloth. I found the latter to be most effective. The cream is very thick and emollient and trying to remove with cotton wool proved to be rather difficult and time consuming. i would say 80% of the cream gets taken off with a warm terry cloth. It doesnt remove eye-makeup or very resilent foundations (estee lauder DW). This really does moisturize the skin well so i can see why ppl with dry skin can like it, however on my acne-prone skin it made me break out. Even when i followed with a rinse off cleanser the same thing happened, so wont be using this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 3:47:00 AM More reviews by fkngabi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

ughh I hate this. It does a horrible job removing my makeup and I usually have to tissue it off like 5 times before it can get it all off especially after clubbing when I just wanna go to sleep. And it always makes my skin feel greasy and gross, I wanted something more refreshing and this just makes my skin feel nasty. And I F*n hate the smell its disgusting. Deff will not buy this again.

After reading a review on here on the correct usage of this, I decided to give it another try and I love this now, it's good at removing makeup when you use it the correct way which is scooping some out and then massaging it onto your face until it turns white, and then tissuing it off until you see no more make up on the tissue. Before I would just scoop it out with a tissue and wipe my face with it, I think massaging it onto your face really does the trick at removing all the makeup. Using a good toner after this helps too. This is perfect to use on the days when you are too lazy to wash off your makeup and just want to go to sleep lol. Also it's by far the best eye makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by 4PinkLady9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my hg cold cream. I as well as several members of my family have been using this product since I can remember. It is a great product at a great price. My sisters and I as well as my mom always get complimented on how healthy/glowy, smooth and soft our skin is. The only things we really use on our face is this little baby. I love putting it on my face at night so that my skin can absorb it overnight. I also use it to remove makeup. If your looking for an inexpensive way to help your skin this is a great face cream for an even greater price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 6:56:00 PM More reviews by candyisverygood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of the best products in the world! I had heard about this stuff from many, many women- all different ages (20-70), and they all said they swear by it. I know that the purpose is for it to be a really strong cleanser that doesn't dry out your skin. But I use this as an eye makeup remover. So if you are looking for some reviewage on that aspect of the product, then read on! I wear a ton of mascara as my lashes are naturally very light and sparse. Regular liquid eye makeup removers do nothing for my mascara. It removes my eyeshadow, but that's about it. This stuff, on the other hand, removes my mascara, eyeliner, and eyeshadow! Here's how I use it- I take a piece of toilet paper and dip it into the pot. I smooth the product over my eyelashes and just keep moving it around and scooping up the residue that's left over. With a pretty small amount of product, I can wipe away my day's-worth of makeup! It even removes stubborn waterproof mascara. I don't find the scent bad at all- it's kind of rosey. This stuff does sting my eyes, though, so I have to be careful not to use too much. Buy this stuff now!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Ever84

I love this product so much! I love how it removes my makeup and hydrated my DRY skin at the same time. It's smooth and feels gentle on the skin but it is some what difficult to swipe off once rinsing. I like to use this while in the shower after removing my eye makeup with a cotton ball and mineral oil (takes the mascara/eyeliner right off) and wash my face with Cetaphil..then I apply a light layer of the Pond's cold cream to my face to lock in the moisture. (since being post accutane for 5 years I am very dry..I need as much moisture as I can get!) I love this product..it works well for my skin type.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It is really hard to convince me to buy a product in a tub, in which I have to dig my fingers in versus a pump, but I did it for the cold cream. Ahh, it's so frustrating, everything I've tried has been mediocre. I'm not crazy about the scent, it sort of smells like baby powder x10 and some flowers. Upon its first usage, I realized how oily the formula is, I thought to myself.."uh oh, it's going to break me out". It's unlike any cleanser I've used, no soapy goodness, no foam, it was true to its name, a cream. I actually would have thought it was a cream if I wasn't able to read the label in French. This product left my face looking and feeling greasy afterward (clogged pores = spots). I must say, it did a superb job in getting out the black heads on my nose.