Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

on 3/13/2010 4:26:00 PM

This cream has been around for ages! Even my grandma swore by Ponds. I picked up Deep Cleanser Cold Cream for about $2 CDN and for the super affordable price I got nothing to lose. It smells like old ladies with heavy rose perfume, which I'm not a fan of, but I eventually got used to it. The cream was refreshing and I learned that I really had to massage it in and let it sit for at least 1 minute. Then I'd wash it off in the shower with a good facial cleanser (This stuff WILL leave a greasy film on your face if you don't wash it off properly). If I'm unlucky and the product gets in my eyes, it would sting like %$@# and blur my vision. I would say it can remove 90% of my waterproof eyeliner. It is an average makeup remover as it is very time consuming. I prefer something that can get the job done without all the hassle. I wish I could love the cold cream as much as others here but this is a 3/5 for me.

on 3/10/2010 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This product is great if you know how to use it. It's the only thing that'll remove my waterproof mascara + double wear EL foundation + waterproof eyeliner. i just grab a dollop and work it straight on my face, concentrating on the eyes. You're going to look like a disgusting gray mess but hey, whatever it takes! When I'm confident that all my makeup has dissolved away, I wipe it with a paper towel or if I can't find any, I'm ashamed to admit that I use toilet paper... Just wipe all the gunk away but the key is to wash your face again afterwards with a regular cleanser. I usually wash with Purpose cleanser and my face is squeaky clean. Ponds cold cream also moisturizes and preps my skin for the Purpose cleanser so that my skin doesn't dry out from it. Keep in mind that I have very acne prone skin and I HAVE NOT broken out from this, despite mineral oil being one of the main ingredients. Thank you Ponds, definately HG!!!

on 3/10/2010 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I use this product to remove all makeup from my face, wipe it off with a dry cloth to get most of the oily film off. For me, not really good for removing eye makeup, my eyes are too sensitive and It really burns my eyes.

on 3/10/2010 9:01:00 PM

I use this for removing my eye make up and nothing else. As far as that goes...this is awesome!!! I wear waterproof mascara and this is the only thing that completely removes the makeup. It also removes gel liners and any other hard to remove eye things. I rub this onto my eyes one at a time and use a dry wash cloth to take it off and it does a wonderful job! I've used many other eye make up removers but this by far is the best and most economical.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I used this product, many moons ago, and at that time it was my go to "cleanser" to remove my makeup. It is indeed a great product, but when I adopted a more homeopathic approach to beauty several years ago, I stopped using this product, however, it is highly recommended.

on 3/9/2010 6:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the only product I like to use when taking off my eye makeup. I use different wet toilets (ponds, equate, anything really) and anything that doesn't seem to come off I will use ponds cream. But I mostly use my ponds cream for my eyes & eyebrows. I use cotton rounds to dip into the cream and then start removing makeup. After years of trying different eye makeup removers, I always go back to ponds because for me, it works the best. And I love that because it is a cream, it leaves the eye area soft. Now, I never have a problem with it leaving my skin oily because as I said, I really don't use it for my face. I use this mainly as eye makeup remover. And I have very oily skin but this does not leave me oily afterwards.

on 3/9/2010 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

There isn't anything about this wonderful cleanser that hasn't been said already. It removes makeup gently and completely. It cleans out pores better than anything I've used so far. Within 3 weeks of use, every blackhead in my nose was gone. My only complaint is that I didn't find this sooner. There is no doubt that I'll be using this for a very long time.

I apply it liberally, rub it around to loosen makeup and grime, and then rinse it off with a warm, wet washcloth.

I like this product! It removes my wet and wild creme liner. It also removes my waterproof mascara really well. Make sure you gently remove your eyemakeup because tugging your eyes will give you premature wrinkles. It does feel greasy afterwards, but I wash my face with a cleanser anyways. I also have the neutrogena eyemakeup remover but it's more expensive. Plus, I use this product to remove the dirt off my neck and behind my ears!

on 2/25/2010 7:30:00 PM

I absolutely hated this product. You MUST use another cleanser afterwards because water alone will not remove this stuff. It feels so heavy and oily. It's great at removing makeup because it's so greasy, but does not leave your face feeling clean. Also the packaging is awful. I hate sticking my fingers into the container. Not very sanitary at all. Will never repurchase. I will stick to MAC oil cleanser.

I gave this product a high rating because it works well for certain days. When it's -30 degrees celsius outside, it's windy and your cheeks are raw from the wind I would recommend this product. Also if you wear heavy makeup, bordering on stage makeup, this stuff removes everything really well. It gently cleans the face and you'll need little night cream before going to bed. One tub will last a long time if used only once in a blue moon. Apply on dry skin and remove with a dry or warm wet cloth.