Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

4.1

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

on 3/9/2010 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

There isn't anything about this wonderful cleanser that hasn't been said already. It removes makeup gently and completely. It cleans out pores better than anything I've used so far. Within 3 weeks of use, every blackhead in my nose was gone. My only complaint is that I didn't find this sooner. There is no doubt that I'll be using this for a very long time.

I apply it liberally, rub it around to loosen makeup and grime, and then rinse it off with a warm, wet washcloth.

I like this product! It removes my wet and wild creme liner. It also removes my waterproof mascara really well. Make sure you gently remove your eyemakeup because tugging your eyes will give you premature wrinkles. It does feel greasy afterwards, but I wash my face with a cleanser anyways. I also have the neutrogena eyemakeup remover but it's more expensive. Plus, I use this product to remove the dirt off my neck and behind my ears!

on 2/25/2010 7:30:00 PM

I absolutely hated this product. You MUST use another cleanser afterwards because water alone will not remove this stuff. It feels so heavy and oily. It's great at removing makeup because it's so greasy, but does not leave your face feeling clean. Also the packaging is awful. I hate sticking my fingers into the container. Not very sanitary at all. Will never repurchase. I will stick to MAC oil cleanser.

I gave this product a high rating because it works well for certain days. When it's -30 degrees celsius outside, it's windy and your cheeks are raw from the wind I would recommend this product. Also if you wear heavy makeup, bordering on stage makeup, this stuff removes everything really well. It gently cleans the face and you'll need little night cream before going to bed. One tub will last a long time if used only once in a blue moon. Apply on dry skin and remove with a dry or warm wet cloth.

on 2/24/2010 1:52:00 AM

I use this to "take off the day" With a dry cloth...be warned if you try to put this cream on your face and rinse it off with a damp cloth you're going to hate it, but it's really great for removing all traces of makeup.

on 2/22/2010 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

These winter months wreak havoc on my combination skin. I'm oily in my t-zone and dry on my cheeks (which get red from the dry air ugh) and I noticed the other day that even my nose was flaking from the dry air/heating, even though I obsessively use a humidifier every night!

SO I went out on a limb last week and got this miracle in a jar... I am so happy I did! I already notice improvements in my skin and even my skintone, which seems more even now. I take a dab of this amazing stuff and massage it all over my face, then wait a minute while it sucks all the makeup off my face (it seriously melts EVERYTHING off!). then I take a baby wipe, run it under warm water and wipe it all off. afterwards my skin is baby soft and moisturized! I don't know what I'm going to do with my Olay moisturizer now...I thought I loved that stuff but it looks like cold cream is replacing it!

Hopefully I'm not being overly optimistic (it's only been a week or so) but I'll let you know if anything changes. Yay for Pond's Cold Cream!!! Love how old school it is =)

on 2/19/2010 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this to remove my eye makeup (waterproof mascara included) and I think it's a brilliant product. Gets everything off, and because it's SO creamy, it pretty much moisturizes my eye areas too. A large tub lasts for quite a while, and I wear eye makeup everyday.

My only gripe is that it does leave a very greasy feeling, but if you're going to wash your face after removing the makeup anyway, it shouldn't be a big problem.

Oh, and packaging is terrible.

But would definitely re-purchase because it's the only product that removes my eye makeup easily and gently.

on 2/18/2010 5:49:00 AM

Love this product to death!

Okay overly dramatic response. I originally bought this as my DIY hair dye kit advised me to get cold cream, clips, towel etc to be prepared before getting my hair dyed. I did not have the cold cream.

Enter ponds cold cream. This helped prevent the dye from staining the skin around my hair line. Since I don't dye my hair often I wondered what other uses does this Ponds cream have?

Google. Okay apparently its very good make up remover! I tested it out and used cotton wool to remove it and now it is my go to make up remover. It costs around SGD$8.90 and lasts for 3 - 4 months unlike other oil based cleansers that cost more and I go through them within a month or so.

Cost effective, cleanses face effectively (use a mild cleanser after this to remove residue) and removes stubborn waterproof mascara.

on 2/16/2010 11:42:00 AM

This used to be one of the only things that would save my skin during winter when I was younger. I'm kind of hesitant to use it now cause it is really greasy, and lately I've been breaking out if someone looks at my skin the wrong way. But, in my early 20's there was nothing quite so soothing to my dry skin as Pond's cold cream. I'd smear it on & wipe it off with a washcloth. Very simple skincare. This is actually very good for removing makeup, especially waterproof eye makeup, it just melts it right off.

on 2/16/2010 10:07:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

There's a definite pattern to the reviews of this product. The high ratings talk about using tissue, cotton pads or a cloth to wipe the product from the face, while the low reviews tend to talk about trying to "rinse off" the product.

Personally, I use the "wipe off" method for my oily but under-hydrated skin. I apply a small scoop of the product, massage it all over the face until it changes its texture from a thick cream to a thin, more watery oil. I like to leave it on for a while, then I tissue off or remove with cotton pads. I steam my face with a hot, damp washcloth, and then wipe again with the washcloth. After this I apply an alcohol-free toner all over my face and neck, then a light moisturizer on my drier areas.

The result for me so far (I've been doing this about a month or so) is clearer, softer, glowy skin. I think with proper use, this can work for pretty much any skin type.

EDIT: Siiiiigh. Oh yes, it lead to clogged up pores. Nixing this from my regimen. Bye bye Ponds!