Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

on 5/7/2010 12:58:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I think I found my HG make-up remover! I use Revlon Colorstay foundation and find it nearly impossible to remove. I've used L'Oreal's Hydrafresh cleanser (pink one), but that dried out my skin and left traces on; Neutrogena, Oil of Olay cleansers, and nothing has worked.

I bought Ponds cold cream after reading reviews and I am very impressed with this drugstore classic! It takes off the Colorstay with dampened cotton pads, making the stuff slide off! (Works better than a wet cloth). Leaves my skin soft and supple. Doesn't dry or make me break out.

UPDATE: I added another lippie because Pond's is the only thing that will take off ALL of my eye make-up. I wear non-waterproof mascara and Revlon CS eyeliner and nothing takes it all of like Pond's. My skin also feels and looks great afterwards.

I got into thinking Ponds would work because I was using another greasy cleanser (Lush's Ultra Bland) that did the trick. However, I didn't want to re-purchase Ultra Bland (at $15 CAD for a small jar) and found Pond's a really great alternative.

Note: I don't use this for removing eye-makeup, as it kind of stings my eyes.

EDIT: With my skin feeling a bit dry these days, I've been applying Pond's cream in the morning and wiping it off, I then apply my foundation, and my skin was glowing (and foundation still stayed on).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use this at night to remove my makeup... I LOVE IT! It removes everything and leaves my skin feeling clean and looking as smooth as can be. It does have a strong scent to it kind of like rosewater, I just love it.... if your looking for an inexpensive makeup remover that works I say give this one a try.... I get a big jar of it in Target for under 6 dollars and sometimes I get it on sale in the grocery store. Ponds has been around forever so they must be doing something right.

on 5/3/2010 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have been through a couple of jars of Ponds Cold Cream over a year or so, and have used the solid-style, emulsifying technique (as this is) to remove eye make-up for over half a decade. I was attracted to the low-budget glamour of the Ponds line, before I looked into the Unilever (parent company) animal testing policy. I would consider using this again if that changed, but for now, I canít support it. However, I wonít let that tarnish my review.
I donít know if the formulation changed between the two jars, but I enjoyed the first lot far more than the second. My technique was to dampen a cotton-wool pad with warm water, apply a fingernail quantity of the cold cream to it, and then sweep over lids. With thicker make-up, I might apply the cream directly, massage in, and then remove with a warm pad or washcloth. The second jar left my lids redder and didnít remove make-up as well. Sometimes stray mascara would cling to my brows, so more recently Iíve been using a Q-tip directly onto my lashes for more precision. The second jar has very nearly finished, but the cream has started to smell funky, so itís for the bin.
I have a slightly better experience with LUSHís Baby Face. I use a similar technique but you need to melt the hard bar with a hot, wet pad first. It is that little bit more successful in removing make-up, and there is no redness left behind Ė plus, they adopt a beauty-without-cruelty attitude.

on 5/2/2010 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

idk if it removes face makeup (foundation, concealer etc) because i only use this on my eye area. it gets eyeshadow, mascara, and eyeliner off. you've gotta work it a little and go in with qtips to get off eyeliner though. it does feel a little oily, but after steaming my face with a warm shower, the oiliness disappears. it does not sting your eye, which is great if you're using it on the waterline.

I bought this a few years ago in my search for a makeup remover. The towelettes weren't doing the trick so I thought a cream like this would be good for removing stubborn eye makeup.

The scent IS soothing, and the tub style is easy to use.

EDIT:
Ok, after leaving this on my shelf I went back to it and I found that it's not half bad when I use it in conjunction with my Loreal Skin Genesis cleanser. I can use it to remove my mascara/eyeliner and it does a great job at that. I still have to rinse it away with my skin cleanser but afterward my skin is soft and glowing. No breakouts as long as its rinsed away completely. I would rather use this product than baby oil or mineral oil anyway. I guess I wasn't using it right before, but now it has come in handy. I changed my rating.

on 4/29/2010 10:46:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this product. last summer up till jan 2010 i started using foundation for the first time and during this time i got cystic acne on my cheeks.to solve it i cleaned my skin everyday with ALCOHOL which just made them more hideous. i later figured out i had combo-dry skin and this product SAVED MY LIFE!! i bought the big tub and it lasted me a little over 3 months which is awesome economic wise. my skin is so clear and supple that i only put on a powder with spf as far as face makeup goes. if u put alot of eye makeup on (mascara, liner, eyeshadows) then u have to cleanse at least 2x with the cream. thats okay i did spend a bunch of time putting it on so its obvious that it would take a little more time to clean it off. the directions say u can use a warm washcloth to take it off but i just use a clean tshirt or face towel. this cleans my skin and moisturized it and now its the only thing i use morning/nights and before my showers. LOVE IT LOVE IT!!

on 4/29/2010 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I really can't understand the good reviews about this product, I bought it purely from the reviews on here and I am stunned by the aweful results I got.

The cold cream can just about cope with removing tinted moisturiser, no foundation heavier than that. More importantly It is utterly useless at removing mascara and eyeliner so I end up having to slather on loads and it's IMPOSSIBLE to wash off!

Added to that it gave me a cystic acne breakout which I haven't had for 15 years.

on 4/18/2010 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this!!!!! Every other cleanser iv used has dried my skin out completely, even though i wouldnt say i have dry skin(It sometime get really oily) Iv used cleansers designed for dry skin and they've even dried me out. This is perfect! It leaves my skin soo smooth!

You have to make sure you take it of right tho, (wipe off with damp cotton wool pads,wash with warm water then wipe with cotton wool again but this time with them dry) That how i use it and it never made me break out :) And my skin i really, really, really sensitive, nearly everything iv ever tried's made be break out and made my acne worse.

Totally great!

on 4/13/2010 3:09:00 AM

I have sensitive, acne-prone combo/oily skin. I can't use many of the moisturizers out there because I break out really easily... This product contains mineral oil but I have NEVER BROKEN OUT FROM IT and I've been using it for 2 months (I made sure to wait to review it!). The way you HAVE to use it if you break out easily or have sensitive skin is to use a wash cloth (doubles to exfoliate your skin daily) and use WARM WATER. The temperature of the water is key; the hotter (if your skin can tolerate), the better the cold cream comes off!! I scoop out a bit and masage into skin for 30 seconds and use q wash cloth with warm water and voilŗ!! Soft, make up clean skin... I use colorstay and before this cold cream I used to break out or wake up in the morning with clogged makeup pores -- nasty!! This is a great great product. After two months I really saw the fine lines on my forehead and eyes really soften; I know this is the product working because nothing else in my regime has changed. This is somewhat expensive in Canada at $7 for a smaller tub but it works if you wash it off right. I know some may not like the hassle but TRUST ME this takes off makeup great. My pores stay clean and my skin feels so soft! You can follow up with a cleanser but I don't.. I just use a toner and then moisturize after. One huge problem with this product is it's not good to remove eye makeup because it stings your eyes. But the fact that it softened my fine lines is good enough to keep me using it and that it softens my skin while removing my makeup!! Seriously, wayyyyy less acne and pimples because of cold cream!! I'm sooooo glad my random googling one night when I couldn't sleep led me to this old school gem!! I hope you all try this and get results because I do, and for only $7 ;) woohoo!

on 4/10/2010 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm not a fan of this product. It's strange because I have pretty dry skin and this is designed for those with dry skin. It actually makes me break out. I always wash it off with a face cloth and yet it still leaves a very greasy residue on my face. I don't like the smell either. Disappointed with it!