Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use this at night to remove my makeup... I LOVE IT! It removes everything and leaves my skin feeling clean and looking as smooth as can be. It does have a strong scent to it kind of like rosewater, I just love it.... if your looking for an inexpensive makeup remover that works I say give this one a try.... I get a big jar of it in Target for under 6 dollars and sometimes I get it on sale in the grocery store. Ponds has been around forever so they must be doing something right.

on 5/3/2010 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have been through a couple of jars of Ponds Cold Cream over a year or so, and have used the solid-style, emulsifying technique (as this is) to remove eye make-up for over half a decade. I was attracted to the low-budget glamour of the Ponds line, before I looked into the Unilever (parent company) animal testing policy. I would consider using this again if that changed, but for now, I canít support it. However, I wonít let that tarnish my review.
I donít know if the formulation changed between the two jars, but I enjoyed the first lot far more than the second. My technique was to dampen a cotton-wool pad with warm water, apply a fingernail quantity of the cold cream to it, and then sweep over lids. With thicker make-up, I might apply the cream directly, massage in, and then remove with a warm pad or washcloth. The second jar left my lids redder and didnít remove make-up as well. Sometimes stray mascara would cling to my brows, so more recently Iíve been using a Q-tip directly onto my lashes for more precision. The second jar has very nearly finished, but the cream has started to smell funky, so itís for the bin.
I have a slightly better experience with LUSHís Baby Face. I use a similar technique but you need to melt the hard bar with a hot, wet pad first. It is that little bit more successful in removing make-up, and there is no redness left behind Ė plus, they adopt a beauty-without-cruelty attitude.

on 5/2/2010 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

idk if it removes face makeup (foundation, concealer etc) because i only use this on my eye area. it gets eyeshadow, mascara, and eyeliner off. you've gotta work it a little and go in with qtips to get off eyeliner though. it does feel a little oily, but after steaming my face with a warm shower, the oiliness disappears. it does not sting your eye, which is great if you're using it on the waterline.

I bought this a few years ago in my search for a makeup remover. The towelettes weren't doing the trick so I thought a cream like this would be good for removing stubborn eye makeup.

The scent IS soothing, and the tub style is easy to use.

EDIT:
Ok, after leaving this on my shelf I went back to it and I found that it's not half bad when I use it in conjunction with my Loreal Skin Genesis cleanser. I can use it to remove my mascara/eyeliner and it does a great job at that. I still have to rinse it away with my skin cleanser but afterward my skin is soft and glowing. No breakouts as long as its rinsed away completely. I would rather use this product than baby oil or mineral oil anyway. I guess I wasn't using it right before, but now it has come in handy. I changed my rating.

on 4/29/2010 10:46:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this product. last summer up till jan 2010 i started using foundation for the first time and during this time i got cystic acne on my cheeks.to solve it i cleaned my skin everyday with ALCOHOL which just made them more hideous. i later figured out i had combo-dry skin and this product SAVED MY LIFE!! i bought the big tub and it lasted me a little over 3 months which is awesome economic wise. my skin is so clear and supple that i only put on a powder with spf as far as face makeup goes. if u put alot of eye makeup on (mascara, liner, eyeshadows) then u have to cleanse at least 2x with the cream. thats okay i did spend a bunch of time putting it on so its obvious that it would take a little more time to clean it off. the directions say u can use a warm washcloth to take it off but i just use a clean tshirt or face towel. this cleans my skin and moisturized it and now its the only thing i use morning/nights and before my showers. LOVE IT LOVE IT!!

on 4/29/2010 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I really can't understand the good reviews about this product, I bought it purely from the reviews on here and I am stunned by the aweful results I got.

The cold cream can just about cope with removing tinted moisturiser, no foundation heavier than that. More importantly It is utterly useless at removing mascara and eyeliner so I end up having to slather on loads and it's IMPOSSIBLE to wash off!

Added to that it gave me a cystic acne breakout which I haven't had for 15 years.

on 4/18/2010 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this!!!!! Every other cleanser iv used has dried my skin out completely, even though i wouldnt say i have dry skin(It sometime get really oily) Iv used cleansers designed for dry skin and they've even dried me out. This is perfect! It leaves my skin soo smooth!

You have to make sure you take it of right tho, (wipe off with damp cotton wool pads,wash with warm water then wipe with cotton wool again but this time with them dry) That how i use it and it never made me break out :) And my skin i really, really, really sensitive, nearly everything iv ever tried's made be break out and made my acne worse.

Totally great!

on 4/13/2010 3:09:00 AM

I have sensitive, acne-prone combo/oily skin. I can't use many of the moisturizers out there because I break out really easily... This product contains mineral oil but I have NEVER BROKEN OUT FROM IT and I've been using it for 2 months (I made sure to wait to review it!). The way you HAVE to use it if you break out easily or have sensitive skin is to use a wash cloth (doubles to exfoliate your skin daily) and use WARM WATER. The temperature of the water is key; the hotter (if your skin can tolerate), the better the cold cream comes off!! I scoop out a bit and masage into skin for 30 seconds and use q wash cloth with warm water and voilŗ!! Soft, make up clean skin... I use colorstay and before this cold cream I used to break out or wake up in the morning with clogged makeup pores -- nasty!! This is a great great product. After two months I really saw the fine lines on my forehead and eyes really soften; I know this is the product working because nothing else in my regime has changed. This is somewhat expensive in Canada at $7 for a smaller tub but it works if you wash it off right. I know some may not like the hassle but TRUST ME this takes off makeup great. My pores stay clean and my skin feels so soft! You can follow up with a cleanser but I don't.. I just use a toner and then moisturize after. One huge problem with this product is it's not good to remove eye makeup because it stings your eyes. But the fact that it softened my fine lines is good enough to keep me using it and that it softens my skin while removing my makeup!! Seriously, wayyyyy less acne and pimples because of cold cream!! I'm sooooo glad my random googling one night when I couldn't sleep led me to this old school gem!! I hope you all try this and get results because I do, and for only $7 ;) woohoo!

on 4/10/2010 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm not a fan of this product. It's strange because I have pretty dry skin and this is designed for those with dry skin. It actually makes me break out. I always wash it off with a face cloth and yet it still leaves a very greasy residue on my face. I don't like the smell either. Disappointed with it!

on 4/10/2010 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used lots of cult cleansers (Eve Lom, Liz Earle etc) and have not been impressed. I decided to try this after reading the reviews on here. I am really impressed. I massage into my skin and then run a flannel under a tepid tap and then wipe off. The roughness of the cloth, especially wiped around the nose, gives a gentle kind of exfoliation at the same time. (Bought cheap white flannels at Wilkinsons for this and they are just the right thickness.) I do not use this every day, just when I want to spend a bit more time on pampering my face. At most I use it twice a week. I cannot imagine just tissueing his off, it is too thick and sticky. Inoffensive smell (roses?). Hate the glass jar. Its deep so gunk up the fingernail time, but you could use a spoon to get it out if you were so inclined. I have sensitive skin and this is fine. Leaves it soft and glowing. I saw in Boots the other day that it is getting a new look. I hope this does not mean a change of formula. This stuff is cheap, it deep cleans without stripping the skin, and leaves you glowing. What I also like is that women have been using this for years. I find that quite endearing. (Flappers in the 20s, women who were waiting for their loved ones to return from WW1 and 2.) I like the continuity. This is one of a number of retro products that I have started to use, or rediscovered. All of them have a reason for their long use - they work without any of the pseudo scientific crap that you get on more modern products.