Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 12/11/2008 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

In the beginning, this product was great for my oily skin, and I thought it was the perfect step above the gentle cleanser. However, after about 1-2 months, it left my skin too dry, which only made my skin produce more oil by mid-day. So, Cetaphil's gentle cleanser it is.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used to LOVE this product, but unlike regular Cetaphil, this has MASKING FRAGRANCE (listed as an ingredient!), and I think that is why it burns when I wash with it. I does a good job of cleaning the skin and removing makeup, but it makes my skin feel tight and look shiny. Lately I have been using this to clean my brushes. The packaging is great - I bought a huge pump bottle of it, so it's lasting for over a year now. I think instead of using this on my face, I will use it for brushes, or maybe in the shower. It might be more beneficial in the summer when my skin is definitely oily. I would not repurchase this because the Gentle Skin Cleanser works better.

on 12/7/2008 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favorite everyday cleanser. It takes off makeup beautifully and I even use it to clean my makeup brushes! It's not too drying for the skin, but I recommend you follow with a moisturizer particularly in the winter. This is a beauty must-have!

on 12/3/2008 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this for gentle cleansing on my oily acne prone skin. it's a thin, clear gel consistency. Takes off makeup and oil without stripping (especially nice when used with a washcloth for exfoliating). Has a scent I don't care for, but oh well.

I got this when I had a rash from a glycolic peel and wanted something gentle. I typically use salicylic cleansers. I like it so much I will continue using it while my skin is dry during the winter.

on 12/1/2008 7:06:00 PM

this stuff dries out my skin and irritates it terribly...it also leaves a film that feels like something is still glued to ur face...and the scent....i hate it...took it back without a question..try it out before you buy!

on 11/23/2008 7:02:00 PM

this is my absolute favorite cleanser. i've used this for years and also tested out many other brands, high and low, but i always come back to good old cetaphil daily facial cleanser. i wouldn't want to be without it!

on 11/18/2008 12:30:00 PM

I have to say that this cleanser worked great for me. I use to use the Aveeno cleansers with soy or salicylic acid in it. It never cleared up my acne or brightened my complexion. I thought it was the Mac makeup that broke me out. Once I switched to the Cetaphil what a difference it made for me. I recently purchased the Clarisonic and use it with the cleanser and my face has cleared up within a week. Will def. purchase it again.

on 11/14/2008 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

It's a good everyday cleanser. It is gentle, not overdrying, but removed necessary oil. The scent was a little funny when I first started using it but it's not offensive.

My dermatologist recommended it few years ago, and I'm pleased with it, and will continue using it.

on 10/29/2008 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It is a good basic cleanser. If that is what you are looking for, than this is great. It has a mild scent,m which is a plust.

For my acne prone skin, it did a good job with cleaning, but did not help the acne. An antibacterial cleanser is more effective in warding off breakouts for me. It also was slightly drying.

on 10/27/2008 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG cleanser. It takes off makeup and excess oils extremely well, but without making my face tight or dry. Granted, it's not the perfect cleanser: If you're using heavy applications of makeup, you definitely need to follow-up with a non-irritating toner or facecloth. The solution is a clear, mildly thick liquid with a little "sweet" smell. It seems to be more expensive than other cleansers in the drugstore, but a little goes a long way, and--in terms of its effectiveness--it ends up being cheaper than the other cleansers since you'll use less of the Cetaphil. It washes off fairly well, so your chances of striping your skin of necessary moisture decreases.

In terms of packaging, I like how it comes in a convenient pump and also how you can buy up to 16 ounces of the product. The bottle is on the thick side and is opaque, so you don't really have to worry about light altering any of the important ingredients in the solution. If you don't like to use this on your face, it makes a great brush cleanser that won't eat away at your natural bristle brushes.

EDIT: Amazon has really good deals on Cetaphil. Sometimes you can get two of the 16 oz. cleansers for less than $10/ item. Depending on how much you purchase, you can get shipping for free and I think Amazon is a little more reliable than drugstore.com.