April 16, 2014 | 1811 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2008 11:23:00 AM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has been my everyday cleanser for a while. It does a good job of removing the oil and mu from my face. It rinses clean only if I use something textured like a washcloth -- if I try to wash my face with just my hands, it feels like there's still an oily film on my skin afterwards. The scent is fresh and extremely light, I honestly don't notice the scent when I wash my face. (Which is a good thing since I'm allergic to some fragrances!) It does not dry out my skin, but I have super oily skin and only very harsh acne products dry out my skin! This cleanser also does not seem to help my acne but that's expected -- I have fairly resistant skin and need stronger acne treatments. My skin always looks the same regardless of what cleanser I use (it's only the addition of other acne products that clear up my acne), so I continue to use Cetaphil since it gets my skin clean, was recommended by my dermatologist, and is affordable. I can't guarantee how will work for more sensitve types -- like any other product, you'll probably want to read the ingredients before deciding to buy :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 3:44:00 PM More reviews by DaniellePaul

Okay, I tried this because the cetaphil gentle was too gentle and left a film, but this stuff dried out my cheeks and make them flaky.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Sapphie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've gone through many facial cleansers, trying to find the perfect one, and Cetaphil has been one of the best cleansers I've ever used. During the time I used it, it did a great job of clearing up and preventing breakouts. There also wasn't a strong scent to it, which was another plus. Overall, it left my skin soft to the touch, it evened out my skin tone and left it looking flawless.

I would definatley recommend this product to others, and I would use this product again, however, it has since stopped working for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by etoiledujour

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i use this product about every other day, switching off to use desert essence tea tree oil face wash.
i like it a lot! its comparable to the felling i get from my other face wash, which i love.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by magnolia26

I am in my 4th bottle. I love using this product every morning because it is gentle and won't dry out my skin. I have normal/combination skin, and Cetalphil Normal to Oily Skin Cleanser is perfect for me. But Cetalphil Gentle Skin Cleanser doesn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2008 2:54:00 AM More reviews by dustylots

Use twice a day. Have cut back on products I have been using, and now use this to cleanse, along with a make up removed for mascara, Benzac 5% and basic moisturiser. Have definately seen a difference in the amount of acne I have now. Leaves skin smooth and soft. Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by freshmintskittle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used a bunch of different cleansers on my acne-plagued skin, and for a while i was sticking with the Dove sensitive skin bar (yes, it's not a facial cleanser, but a derm. recommended it). However, my acne was getting inflamed quite often (not an allergic reaction, just painful, sometimes spontaneously bleeding spots and general inflammation) not necessarily due to the Dove, mostly just the severity of my acne, but I wanted to find a gentler cleanser. I've tried the original Cetaphil cleanser with no luck - acne got worse, didn't cleanse well, and my skin got oilier. So I decided to give Cetaphil's facial cleanser a try, hoping the 'Normal to Oily' description was a good sign. So far (i've used for about 2 weeks), it has been a good cleanser. My acne is less irritated (it's still there - this probably won't cure anyone's acne - it's just not so inflamed) and my skin doesn't get quite so oily through the day. The scent doesn't bother me, but if you're really sensitive to fragrances, be forewarned, this stuff is NOT fragrance-free! It won't remove heavy makeup very well. I have used jojoba oil before cleansing if i still had a lot of makeup on my face. Some reviewers have said this stuff was too drying - I don't find it all that drying compared to most cleansers i've used, but you would probably need to follow up with a moisturizer (I always use one anyway). Overall, a good staple cleanser which I might actually purchase again! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2008 11:08:00 AM More reviews by kgrinn

This is one of my staples. It is the only cleanser that will clear my face (I'm 19). Normal to Oily is the only Cetaphil that works for me-- once I accidently started using the the gentle skin cleanser instead of specifically normal to oily and my face immediately broke out. I think of myself primarily as having only oily skin, though recently I've notice I have a bit of combination and I suppose my skin could be considered sensitive.

I use it in the shower because I don't like the idea of using washcloths on the face. I'm used to buying from high end brands but this is a great find. I just wish I could find it in a travel size.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Boots87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After hearing so many reccomendations for this cleanser, i decided to try it...it did absolutely nothing for my skin...I have been using it for 2 weeks and I am still getting pimples on a daily basis!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2008 8:12:00 PM More reviews by gabiinchicago

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a foaming cleanser, not a creamy one, so get this only if you have oilier skin. It doesn't overly dry my skin, but it does leave it feeling a little taut, so I have to moisturize, and I have oily, acne-prone skin.

But this is a really good cleanser if you're looking for something to strip that top layer of oil, yet not make you peel: it's not harsh, but I wouldn't recommend it for someone with normal or dry skin.

Also, you need just the smallest amount for your entire face, so don't use an the whole pump when you try it.

I also like the light scent, but I think they could have gone without a scent at all, keeping with the Cetaphil, mild, approach, although I don't think the scent irritates me--but I can see it bothering some who are acccustomed to Cetaphil's unscented products.

Bottom line, I would buy it again, but only if I knew I had access to moisturizer, and I didn't need to use the cleanser every day...a bit harsh for my maturing skin.