October 23, 2014 | 1524 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by fayecamille

i love this product as much as i love color pink

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by jadedgal05

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought Baby Lips lip balm by Maybelline in Peach Kiss around a year ago & I LOVE IT. The color, smell, the weight of the product on, it's all a win-win. The packaging is vivid, extremely colorful & makes this product easy to find in my makeup bag.
I bought Baby Lips because I saw it advertised & was curious....Maybelline had brilliant advertising papering all women's magazines with prominent advertisements.

After buying & loving Bany Lips in Peach Kiss I picked up Pink Punch (sheer hot pink w/ a sugary sweet slightly fruity scent), another Peach Kiss (sheer, shimmery peach nude w/ peachy fruity scent), then recently Coral Crush (sheer bright neon-ish orange w/ a soft orange-y fruit scent) & Twinkle (sheer slightly shimmery pale ALMOST clear pink tone w/ a soft lemony, sweet scent).

My favorites in terms of USE are Coral Crush, Peach Kiss, Twinkle & Pink Punch. I tend to like nude, apricot or peachy tones on the lips for everyday. If I am going to be wearing bright lip hues I choose them in a matte texture rather than glossy. Our of all the Baby Lips shades I tried, Pink Punch had the highest color payoff. I liked the scent, thought the color was gorgeous, just not on me.

As for the "claim" of 8 hour moisturerization made by Maybelline regarding this product I'm thinking MAYBE?Yes, my lips still feel comfortable after the balm wears away & for a few hours after. Maybe this is whet the claim means, that your lips will still be & feel moisturized for 8 hours after consistent & continued use. NOT that the product actually WEARS (meaning stays on your lips 8 hours without touch ups) on your lips for 8 hours.

My lips weren't chapped when I started using them but became chapped after the weather changed & I was still pleased with the results.

The product texture of Baby Lips when applied, was light, non-greasy, non-sticky & had a pleasant slickness to it. They work well alone or over lip liner, lipstick, lipstain (my favorite, or alone. I never experienced my lips peeling b/c of this product.

I will state that IF my lips become super chapped after a cold snap, I will revert to using Fresh Sugar lip balm in clear (nightly) or the Rose tint a few times a week until the worst chapping goes away & then I pick up my baby lips again! Yes, Fresh lip balm is thicker, a little richer application, resulting in fast acting chapped lip care. But it's also expensive while Baby Lips is MUCH, MUCH CHEAPER. I just keep both around.

I am still reeling from 1 reviewer saying she thought Baby Lips was better than Fresh Sugar lip balm.....Baby Lips is good, but let's not get carried away.

On the whole, I LOVE the Baby Lips shades I have & I will purchase again. I've bought Baby Lips as singles ($3.00) & as a 2 pack ($5.50). So it's a good deal to me. I like that the 2 pack feature 2 VERY different shades & in my case, 2 limited edition shades. Very cool.

Bottom Line:
If you like sheer lip colors, that deliver a glossy, non-sticky sheen with a light color deposit & a soft scent, then this is for you. It has super cute, old school (very Bonne Bell) bright packaging that makes it easy to locate in your bag AND fun to use.

There is no waxy feel to this lip balm, so Chapstick (<---I HATE CHAPSTICK) & Carmex (<-----I hate CARMEX MORE) lovers be warned, this lip balm with its light non-waxy feel, it isn't for you.

I WILL buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by mikxoh

Wah, I got jipped! Pulled into the hype and what a flop. I think my expectations for these guys were WAY TOO DAMN HIGH. I know for a fact that if I wasn't aware of the raves/popularity of these balms I would've at least given it a 3 star rating.

I picked up 3 of them and returned them later that week :l They were greasy feelin' and didn't condition my lips any better than some of my cheaper alternatives [ex. dr,pepper lip smackers, carmex etc]. It just fell so flat for me. I'm a chapstick lover and these guys didn't even make the cut for me to store them away for later use.

If you love buying hyped products then go ahead and purchase these to your heart's content. Thumbs down from me for this average over hyped product :<

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by McCarthyx17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these! Moisturizing! Great for protecting and treating chapped lips. I love the clear and colored ones.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nothing special here. They are ok. Not to highly priced. I wouldn't buy again though...too unremarkable.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Dancebabe01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

i prefer eos

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 2:43:00 AM More reviews by herfirstimpression

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love these balms! The packaging is just to cute, they moisturize so very well and the smell is grand. I own all of them and my favorite is Pink Wink from the limited edition collection. It's a bubblegum pink and smells just like bubblegum... you can't resist. I'm not a big lip person but I'm constantly applying these and have already repurchased a few. They make awesome gifts and/or prizes. Very cheap and they get the job done... so go purchase them ASAP! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by angelpaws

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I bought about 4 of these lip balms because I think the packaging is adorable. :))
I don't wear lipstick. And I'm not even really big on lip balms. I just liked the color scheme of the product packaging. I have no complaints about the product. The balms smell nice, taste nice and look cute. If you want super pigmented color or are hoping for a lot of mosturization you may want to try something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by maquinn

LOVE IT. tastes good :P works well and it lasts a long while. I only wish it was a tad smaller so it doesn't look like I'm rubbing a glue stick on my lips lol

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by laurenz01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this product! I have all of them and my favorite is cherry me. The peach one is glittery and makes my lips a weird yellow color so this is the only one I dislike. They make my lips soft, the smell is awesome and the color payoff is cool :D

Cherry Me smells like fresh cherry's that my momma used to use in cherry pies and is red(:
Pink punch smells like a peachy berry mix and is hot pink :D
Grape Vine smells like grape juice and is purple :D
Mint smells like fresh gum and is clear :D
Peach smells like yummy cobbler and is nude :D
Quenched smells like sugar cookies and is clear :D

The price is 1.00 to 3.00 dollars(:
And the packaging is adorbs!