July 29, 2014 | 879 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by UpTheAmp

After trying out a few heavy coverage foundations for my freckly skin, I was reccomended to try this out.
I am always a NW20 in MAC foundations so I went my MAC store, picked it up and came home excited to try it out.
First impressions were that I liked the packaging and the squeeze tube much better than the pump foundations, but then I opened the foundation and straight away noticed the very chemical, plastic scent that came with it! I'd say that is a big downside of this foundation, it almost gives you a headache.
I applied it with my 190 foundation brush and was pleased, the foundation had covered my large pores without sinking into them, and it was a nice gel consistancy. It didn't cover my freckles as well as the Clinique Continuous Coverage foundation which is perfect for anyone looking for extremelly heavy coverage (it only comes in 4 shades which is a downside though), but it covered fairly well.
It took a while to dry so it isn't a foundation you can put powder over straight away as it remains quite tacky for 5-10 minutes, but when it finally dried I used Chanels translucent face powder over the top and it looked beautiful.
It left me with a nice glowy complexion whilst still covering my imperfections! I would and will be buying this product again, so far i have had it for a month and it still has half the bottle left.
I would also reccomend this product for anyone with freckles, acne, age spots or large pores - however if you have skin which doesn't need much coverage, then I would say steer away from this founation as it will be giving you coverage you dont need and it also is a foundation which makes it pretty obvious that you are wearing it.
Overall 4/5, it has its pro's and its con's but the pro's do outweigh the con's in my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by continue445

LOVE THIS FOUNDATION

Basically I would say if you like the studio tech this is the liquid dupe. I am a NC44(45) and I love it I have major acne scaring and this covers it and current breakouts like they never happened. Currently I apply this over a moisturized face with a wet sponge and I use less then a pea size to cover my whole face, neck and some of chest.

As for the packaging I wish it had a pump but the tube is great! It is amazing to travel with. It is small enough to fit in a small makeup bag and not have to worry about it spilling every where because of the cream consistency.

Overall I would recommend this to people with acne scaring but it may come off heavy to someone with perfect skin. The packaging is great and the consistency is spot on. This is a must try!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by lysaly

Overall, I think this is a pretty good foundation. It covers well, is blend-able, and gives me a dewy finish. I use the MAC 187 skunk brush to stipple the product on but I've also used a damp sponge (both work well). I have combo/oily skin and I'm in the shade NC30, which matches me perfectly! You definitely want to set it with a light powder to take away a little bit of shine and to set the foundation. This product stays in place throughout the day, I never have to do any touch-ups, although some days I feel the need to blot my face (but it's really no big deal & not necessarily b/c of the makeup).
For the price, it won't break your bank b/c honestly, I've had my tube for over a year now and there is still 25% left (given I don't use it every single day, but a couple times a week just b/c I want my face to be able to breathe some times).
This comes in a slim (easy to travel with!) squeeze tube; it's durable, sanitary, and you can control the amount of product (which is great b/c there's no wasting of the foundation).
If you're wanting to try a MAC foundation, I would recommend this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by principessa101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

MY HG FOUNDATION! Everytime i wear this foundation i get atleast one compliment off someone saying how flawless my skin looks! I apply with the 187 brush and it gives me a flawless non cakey look! Very natural looking i only use a tiny blob.

If you find studio fix fluid a bit drying and cakey definately try studio sculpt out! It makes my skin look so healthy i also use a tiny amount of mac mineralize skin finish lightly brushed over to set it.

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! And unlike studio fix fluid this studio sculpt has not broke me out!

I really do love this foundation its perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Vex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Was so happy Mac brought this out! Finally a glowy foundation with coverage! If you are a lover of Studio Fix but find it to heavy or matt try this. But if you dont like full coverage foundation and want medium coverage just apply less of this and it will work as a sheerer coverage. With shea butter to hydrate it was a welcome change for my skin and I noticed it improved my skin from using Studio Fix for so long. Gorgeous foundation. Glowy and good coverage. Great for summer or winter. LOVE IT :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by najah83

I've re-written this review. i initially gave it one lippy but its been upgraded as I went back to mac and told them how bad this foundation made my skin look. After trying a couple of other ones (studio fix, moistureblend) they weren't doing anything for me so we decided to try this foundation by smothering mac prime +prime on first and IT WORKED A DREAM! I cannot, cannot believe how much difference the primer made to this foundation it's like another product. The coverage is great, my skin gets a dewy, gorgeous glow and it even MATCHEd MY SKIN in NC25 and looked less yellow than without the primer. i now LOVE this foundation and have given it HG status. I won't give it 5 stars only because I have to moisturise well, then use a ton of primer, then apply the foundation to get the look I want rather than get a fair result on moisturised skin. thanks mac and sorry for doubting you!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by debbick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love my Chanel Vitalumiere but was looking for something with an spf to cut out a step once in awhile. First I was matched to a NW20 which made me look like a ghost and then matched to a NW25 which looked better in the store ( no natural light). Put on a very small amount at home, after using prep & prime, and needed to really work it in to get the finish I like. My daughter walked by and I asked her how the color was, she said fine but you LOOK like your wearing makeup. She was right. The Chanel makes me look like I have perfect skin and this sunk in and lined where I didn't think I had lines. Going back to the store tomorrow and then on the hunt for the new Revlon Photo Ready to try.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Aceberg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this foundation to have great staying power and it stayed matte throughout the day with hardly any touch ups - which is always a plus!

One thing I found is that this foundation made my skin a little flat and dull. I normally like a bit of sheen to my skin - a little healthy glow.

The other thing that was a down was that in photos this made my skin look white.. I mean really white. I am an NC44/45 and in photos I looked alabaster pale. It was so bizarre.

So because of that I won't be repurchasing this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by kornwipha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It gave me a nice coverage and the staying power is good too. But NC30 is too orange for me, I don't think theres a color that matches me perfectly that's why I give 3 lippies, It 's hard to blend a little, you have to be quick and it's a bit sticky on my face even I cover it with powder. And another thing is I have a few bums appear on my face but I'm not sure that this is the cause. I will see.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by kragey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Technically, I didn't buy this product; my sister bought it, and because her winter skin is the same color as my year-round skin (NW15), I figured I'd squeeze a little in to a sanitized jar and try it out on myself. Paying more than $15 for a tube of foundation kills me, to be quite honest. :)

I really like this foundation, and so does my sister. She applies it with a brush, which gives her nice medium coverage; I apply it with my fingers for more sheer coverage. A lot of people are saying that it "looked like a mask" on them, but this foundation really blended beautifully in to my skin. It did not feel oily or dry on my combination skin, it just felt like it was "soaking in." I ALWAYS set my foundations with powder, so I'm not taking off a lippy for that, but for those who dislike doing that, this is not the foundation for you.

This is also a great foundation to mix with your moisturizer to make a tinted moisturizer, thanks to the SPF!

For the record, the NC shades DO lean a little to the orange side, so I generally don't recommend that NCs buy this particular foundation. The NW shades are not super-pink, however, which I love.