November 26, 2014 | 1749 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by lovepotion18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product! I use to wear MAC's Studio Tech foundation and thought that was my HG, but this is so much better. I only use a small amount, the size of a pea with my 209 brush and buff it in. Then use my MSF Natural to set it. I can't believe what a small amount of it, I actually use compared to the Studio Tech. My friend commented on how natural my face looks. Which is a plus for me, cause I def don't want to look like I have too much makeup on.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by Tempe12mua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

For me, this formula is just OK. Its not my fave but I have had worse. I guess I was expecting a fuller coverage. I know it is buildable with the gel base, but it got cakey looking on my cheeks. I also use MUFE's all Mat primer under to fill pores and I can still see them with this over it. A little bit really goes a long way. The weight of this formula is great, very light. I love how soft and even my skintone looks from a distance. But up close you can see the foundation and that's before I put all my color ontop. My fave way to apply it is with my Sephora stippling brush. I found my regular foundation brush makes this formula look heavier. I also found I get a nice satin finish from this, not quite matte but not at all dewy like others described. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I find that this foundation works for me. I wasn't sure at first and mixed it with various other lighter foundations. Even went out and bought Chanel pro lumiere at $58 - and now find myself liking this much better for my skin. I like the coverage, color and consistency on my skin. It is different in terms of texture and so I would recommend that you get a sample of it prior to buying it and be sure to get a MAC s/a to color match you .. but it works for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyedBeauty1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The worst and last MAC foundation I have used now! You can't even touch your face without having this foundation all over your fingers! I have quite dry skin so I thought this would be good for me! But boy was I wrong! By the end of the day this foundation slides off and makes my skin look somehow oily

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Melissa182

I was told this gel formula would help my dry skin.
It doesn't, it makes my face look flakey and just awful.
I exfoliate weekly, I always use moisturiser and primer but it just doesn't help with this foundation and I've tried so many different types of application.
I get ok results using a damp sponge but still not the results I'd expect for the price.

*EDIT*
Now we're getting into spring and the weather is changing, my skin feels less dry so I decided to try this out again.
I don't LOVE it but it's not as bad as I thought.
Maybe I need to try a couple of different types of application again.
A very thin layer is fine for every day wear but only when my skin is in good condition.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2010 1:16:00 AM More reviews by lsmith21

This is the worst foundation i have ever used. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone. When I first apply this foundation it felt amazing on! Absolutely satin like. Within the next hour it broke down and I was a complete oily mess!! Being stubborn I pursued with this product because of it's price and the thought of throwing money down the drain. After two weeks I couldn't bear it anymore. The packaging is great as it ensures no wastage. I would say that this foundation is ideal for those with dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I almost gave up on mac until i decided to give this foundation a go and i must say by far and i mean extremely far, this is the best foundation mac has yet to offer. I didn't jump on the sculpt bandwagon at first bc i read so many horror stories that this was a no go for oily skin, until i was like what the heck, get a sample and if i don't like what i see in the trash it goes, but for me it was the total opposite. Unlike studio fix fluid which im usually nc 45 that became very flat and grey looking and it stopped being the foundation that controlled oil and select was way to yellow in nc 45 and a total turn off, so surprisingly the sculpt in nc 45 was way more warm in tone and perfect for me. Despite being oily, my skin texture is changing due to being pregnant now and it lasted on me for atleast 12+ hrs w a couple of blots during the day until i took it off but nothing i couldnt handle. The finish is very nice, semi matte w a healthy glow, that looked nice w a dusting of blot for the t-zone areas. I will definetely keep buying as i got a full sized tube yesterday from the pro store. Try before you buy bc everyone's skin is different.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by saraxoox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this and I deff want go out and buy it.I really do like it alot.I am a NC25 and I have normal to dry skin.It doesnt feel to heavy for me.The coverage is medium to full which I love.It covers my acne marks.It doesnt look obvious that I am wearing make up either.Overall this is a good product and I cant wait to buy it.

UPDATE*
I purchased this foundation about a month ago and while I loved it when I had the sample I do not love it so much now.It seems maybe a little bit to cakey for me.I just feel like I have alot of make up on when I wear this and it bothers me.I stopped using this about a month ago because it just doesnt make me feel like I look my best.It does cover good but to me its just a bit to heavy feeling.I would not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Carolkalil

Ok, so this CAN be a very good product, put it depends a lot on what your seeking.
The PROS: It has medium to high, yet buildable, coverage; the range color is veeery good(im nc25); it gives you a kind of dewy look, but it can be lessened when put on powder.

The CONS: it feels *very* heavy on face, its thick, if you touch anything the product will end up on that object; aand it looks cakey if i dont put on a moisturizer before applying.

Overall a good product, but definitly not for oily or maybe even normal skin; but if ya have dry skin then i think its perfect

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by mona999

This is my first MAC foundation,n i must say its really amazing!! First of all you have to learn to use it sparingly as little bit goes a lllong way! Wat is do is, i mix it with my clinique moisturizer n apply it with a skunk brush after tht i set it with a powder with a buffer brush! N am supper dupper flawless!! All in all an awesome product!