April 20, 2014 | 1150 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS beautiful lovey-bugs!

I received a huge sample of this in NW20, my standard color, from my sweet neighbor and MAC SA, Amanda. Thanks Amanda! While this is more coverage than I usually like, I really like this foundation! I think on days when I have to look good for a max amount of time, Sculpt will be my go-to. The first day I applied with my fingers and it was a fairly heavy doll-like coverage. Today I used Fix+ on the skunk and it was a beautiful, long-lasting medium coverage. I topped with a bit of MSF Natural in Med. The reasons I love this is because of the long lasting finish, the gel-cream texture and the absolute perfection of the match to my skin. This is being said after returning every MAC foundation I have ever purchased. Will definitely buy!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by CallistoLuna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm in a mixed way about this foundation - in one way I quite like this foundation because of the great medium coverage I get but in another way I don't like the way in dries as it can get quite sticky and tacky during blending. If I work at it, I can get a nice finish but I also get a similar finish without the weirdness from MAC's Select fluid foundation. I put this strangeness down to the fact that it's a gel formula.

However, if this doesn't put you off (as it has me a bit) the coverage is good, the finish is slightly dewy (maybe not so good if you have oily skin) and it has SPF 15 with sunscreen components that block both UVA and UVB ( a must for my pale skin in the Australian summer).

I'm not really a fan of the see-though packaging- I prefer the packaging to be opaque to protect any light sensitive ingrediants from losing their potentcy (ie any antioxidants that may be present)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by daniela89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

this foundation is the best kind of foundation for my skin from MAC so far. it has great coverage and a matte finish. it's really creamy and not at all cakey, i love it so much. i bought it like 3 months ago and it's still a long way from being finished, the packing is a bit deceiving....def more product inside then it seems. def recommend, and i would def repurchase.
i use nc37.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by kassandraamelaniiee

This would've been my HG.. If it didn't clog my pores, and break me out.

I got a sample of this a while ago. At that time, i wore foundation every day. When i switched to using Studio Sculpt, i thought it was a dream. It covered flawlessly, and together with the concealer, it was awesome.

HOWEVER, I had a 5 day weekend when i was home the whole time, and had no need for makeup. On the following monday, when i used Studio Sculpt again, i broke out very very badly, in a matter of hours. =.="

If you dont break out from this, you are VERY VERY LUCKY. !

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by arizonamakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation. I didn't expect big results, but I was very happy. I have oily/acne prone skin and I don't feel like it was heavy. My skin stays semi-matte, not completely matte, but I only notice a small amount of shine after several (8-9) hours of wear. The coverage is good/great. I think this might be my next "go to" foundation. The only thing I was unhappy about was the small size bottle for the price, but it has lasted me a long time. A small amount goes a long ways. The color (NW30) is PERFECT for my skin, which I love. So overall, I'm happy :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2009 2:49:00 AM More reviews by Paolina82

I love MAC products so I hate to give a bad review but as I was picking up my refill of Studio Fix Fluid the girl at the counter suggested I get a sample of the Studio Sculpt. She said I would love it. When I put it on it looked nice and Matte, but my face felt very oily and sticky. I tried to put my studio fix powder over it but my skin was so sticky the MAC 134 powder brush's bristles kept coming off and sticking to my face. my hair also kept sticking to my face, it was horrible. I figured I'd give it a few days but it was horrible every day. My face felt dirty all the time and all I could think of was going home and taking my makeup off.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2009 7:41:00 AM More reviews by marsdd

Okay, I chose "yes" to buy again even though I won't. It's a good foundation, but it doesn't wow me. Still, props to the wide shade range. This is always important because the most important thing of a foundation is the color. So, back to the foundation: a classic, very MAC foundation, a little harsh on the skin (I get a bit itchy and can't wait to get it off at night), but it delivers. A very doll-like finish, semi-matte. Smells slightly nauseating but it has a masking fragrance that I like. It's not very rub proof, but it's really easily blended. A great color match for me in NC35, medium yellow toned Asian skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2009 7:06:00 AM More reviews by destiny64

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation! This is my night time/ event foundation. It has great staying power. When I go dancing it doesn't budge. For events like family get togethers when I'm chasing all my nieces and nephew around and messing in the hot kitchen, again it stays put. I really like the formula and you need very little. You can build coverage but don't over do it because it can become cakey. I don't use it for every day mostly because I have very temperamental skin that can act up for no reason at all and it's also very dry so I rather a light liquid or tinted moisturizer for daily use. After vacationing in extremely hot and humid weather during the summer my skin has been a nightmare due to acne and dryness but this is the only foundation that covers it up. I picked this up before my skin went crazy and it's awesome that I can still use it effectively even with problem skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by jadeylou15

This is the most long lasting foundation ever! I used it when working in hospital and it stays perfect all day. It looks a little bit chalky on application and can take a bit of blending, using a brush or fingers and even with a primer underneath, but after a few minutes when it sinks in it makes my skin look AWESOME and doesn't go patchy or slide off regardless of the temperature or how much I'm rushing about. The colour match is perfect and all in all I cannot find a longer lasting foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by BreakfastnDinner

I loooove this foundation it covers well but isn't cakey and it's perfect for my combination/dry skin. I apply it with the 187 and it covers Faaabulously. After a setting powder it literally isn't going anywhere.