August 21, 2014 | 1812 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2010 8:50:00 AM More reviews by KilluhXCee

I most def have very mixed feelings about this foundation.I love it and yet I don't.well there are definite pros to this foundation.one being that it's a gel-like foundation so even if you tip it over on your hand you will definitely not move which i like for myself cause I hate how runny foundations are -_- (which is why I stick with this and the missha bb cream).another love about this foundation is that is A MEDIUM TO FULLLLL COVERAGE! it will mostly depend on the brush/sponge you use with it.I use the ELF powder brush or the 188 with it cause I found these blend it out the best next to the beauty blender but I found it involves you using alot more foundation with that.another is that this is in a tube form you really get to choose the amount you need.THE ONE ABSOLUTE CON ABOUT THIS is that it makes you look alot lighter in photos which suckkks. also the thickness. I like that it's thick but sometimes it's really a pain to blend out when you use the beauty blender and such really... but other then that I say it's pretty good it can't call it my HG since I switch between this and the missha bb cream but its definately one of the best I tried from mac
for now from mac this is my HG foundation but not out of everything I have tried

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2010 5:25:00 AM More reviews by gennett21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first purchased this product I didn't care for it much then I found myself wearing it everyday. I had mixed feelings about it because I didn't like it but I did, the product was hard to blend into the skin and it's not a product that you can use with just any makeup brush. After not wearing it for some time i decided to try it out again and it was really white and pasty looking. One thing about this makeup is you do not want to take pictures in it. Sometimes when I apply my foundation i will take a picture just to see how it looks and I looked so white and crazy almost like I had flour on my face. lol! Should I say not a good look for anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by koolkatz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I needed to find a new HG evening foundation after my beloved Chanel Double Perfection Fluide was discontinued. Have been using this when going out at night for a few months now (MAC Mineralize Satin Finish is my daytime HG). Like other raters have commented, this is a medium-heavy coverage. Definitely provides good coverage and lasts a long time, even on my oily skin.

It does take a bit longer to blend than other foundations, but we're talking maybe 10-15 extra seconds here. I do think it might be a bit much for most ppl for daytime use, but is fantastic for my nights out. I have giant pores and very oily skin, although somewhat dryer in some areas as I get older. My skin is also very sensitive in spots and super acne-prone. I have never broken out from this.

I always use oil-free moisturizer and primer underneath. Usually finish with a dusting of MAC Natural MSF and touch up with MAC Blot throughout the day. Doesn't measure up to my HG, but definitely excellent, and will re-purchase unless Chanel brings back DPF.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by UpTheAmp

After trying out a few heavy coverage foundations for my freckly skin, I was reccomended to try this out.
I am always a NW20 in MAC foundations so I went my MAC store, picked it up and came home excited to try it out.
First impressions were that I liked the packaging and the squeeze tube much better than the pump foundations, but then I opened the foundation and straight away noticed the very chemical, plastic scent that came with it! I'd say that is a big downside of this foundation, it almost gives you a headache.
I applied it with my 190 foundation brush and was pleased, the foundation had covered my large pores without sinking into them, and it was a nice gel consistancy. It didn't cover my freckles as well as the Clinique Continuous Coverage foundation which is perfect for anyone looking for extremelly heavy coverage (it only comes in 4 shades which is a downside though), but it covered fairly well.
It took a while to dry so it isn't a foundation you can put powder over straight away as it remains quite tacky for 5-10 minutes, but when it finally dried I used Chanels translucent face powder over the top and it looked beautiful.
It left me with a nice glowy complexion whilst still covering my imperfections! I would and will be buying this product again, so far i have had it for a month and it still has half the bottle left.
I would also reccomend this product for anyone with freckles, acne, age spots or large pores - however if you have skin which doesn't need much coverage, then I would say steer away from this founation as it will be giving you coverage you dont need and it also is a foundation which makes it pretty obvious that you are wearing it.
Overall 4/5, it has its pro's and its con's but the pro's do outweigh the con's in my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by continue445

LOVE THIS FOUNDATION

Basically I would say if you like the studio tech this is the liquid dupe. I am a NC44(45) and I love it I have major acne scaring and this covers it and current breakouts like they never happened. Currently I apply this over a moisturized face with a wet sponge and I use less then a pea size to cover my whole face, neck and some of chest.

As for the packaging I wish it had a pump but the tube is great! It is amazing to travel with. It is small enough to fit in a small makeup bag and not have to worry about it spilling every where because of the cream consistency.

Overall I would recommend this to people with acne scaring but it may come off heavy to someone with perfect skin. The packaging is great and the consistency is spot on. This is a must try!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by lysaly

Overall, I think this is a pretty good foundation. It covers well, is blend-able, and gives me a dewy finish. I use the MAC 187 skunk brush to stipple the product on but I've also used a damp sponge (both work well). I have combo/oily skin and I'm in the shade NC30, which matches me perfectly! You definitely want to set it with a light powder to take away a little bit of shine and to set the foundation. This product stays in place throughout the day, I never have to do any touch-ups, although some days I feel the need to blot my face (but it's really no big deal & not necessarily b/c of the makeup).
For the price, it won't break your bank b/c honestly, I've had my tube for over a year now and there is still 25% left (given I don't use it every single day, but a couple times a week just b/c I want my face to be able to breathe some times).
This comes in a slim (easy to travel with!) squeeze tube; it's durable, sanitary, and you can control the amount of product (which is great b/c there's no wasting of the foundation).
If you're wanting to try a MAC foundation, I would recommend this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by principessa101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

MY HG FOUNDATION! Everytime i wear this foundation i get atleast one compliment off someone saying how flawless my skin looks! I apply with the 187 brush and it gives me a flawless non cakey look! Very natural looking i only use a tiny blob.

If you find studio fix fluid a bit drying and cakey definately try studio sculpt out! It makes my skin look so healthy i also use a tiny amount of mac mineralize skin finish lightly brushed over to set it.

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! And unlike studio fix fluid this studio sculpt has not broke me out!

I really do love this foundation its perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Vex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Was so happy Mac brought this out! Finally a glowy foundation with coverage! If you are a lover of Studio Fix but find it to heavy or matt try this. But if you dont like full coverage foundation and want medium coverage just apply less of this and it will work as a sheerer coverage. With shea butter to hydrate it was a welcome change for my skin and I noticed it improved my skin from using Studio Fix for so long. Gorgeous foundation. Glowy and good coverage. Great for summer or winter. LOVE IT :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by najah83

I've re-written this review. i initially gave it one lippy but its been upgraded as I went back to mac and told them how bad this foundation made my skin look. After trying a couple of other ones (studio fix, moistureblend) they weren't doing anything for me so we decided to try this foundation by smothering mac prime +prime on first and IT WORKED A DREAM! I cannot, cannot believe how much difference the primer made to this foundation it's like another product. The coverage is great, my skin gets a dewy, gorgeous glow and it even MATCHEd MY SKIN in NC25 and looked less yellow than without the primer. i now LOVE this foundation and have given it HG status. I won't give it 5 stars only because I have to moisturise well, then use a ton of primer, then apply the foundation to get the look I want rather than get a fair result on moisturised skin. thanks mac and sorry for doubting you!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by debbick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love my Chanel Vitalumiere but was looking for something with an spf to cut out a step once in awhile. First I was matched to a NW20 which made me look like a ghost and then matched to a NW25 which looked better in the store ( no natural light). Put on a very small amount at home, after using prep & prime, and needed to really work it in to get the finish I like. My daughter walked by and I asked her how the color was, she said fine but you LOOK like your wearing makeup. She was right. The Chanel makes me look like I have perfect skin and this sunk in and lined where I didn't think I had lines. Going back to the store tomorrow and then on the hunt for the new Revlon Photo Ready to try.