October 22, 2014 | 1827 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyedBeauty1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The worst and last MAC foundation I have used now! You can't even touch your face without having this foundation all over your fingers! I have quite dry skin so I thought this would be good for me! But boy was I wrong! By the end of the day this foundation slides off and makes my skin look somehow oily

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Melissa182

I was told this gel formula would help my dry skin.
It doesn't, it makes my face look flakey and just awful.
I exfoliate weekly, I always use moisturiser and primer but it just doesn't help with this foundation and I've tried so many different types of application.
I get ok results using a damp sponge but still not the results I'd expect for the price.

*EDIT*
Now we're getting into spring and the weather is changing, my skin feels less dry so I decided to try this out again.
I don't LOVE it but it's not as bad as I thought.
Maybe I need to try a couple of different types of application again.
A very thin layer is fine for every day wear but only when my skin is in good condition.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2010 1:16:00 AM More reviews by lsmith21

This is the worst foundation i have ever used. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone. When I first apply this foundation it felt amazing on! Absolutely satin like. Within the next hour it broke down and I was a complete oily mess!! Being stubborn I pursued with this product because of it's price and the thought of throwing money down the drain. After two weeks I couldn't bear it anymore. The packaging is great as it ensures no wastage. I would say that this foundation is ideal for those with dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I almost gave up on mac until i decided to give this foundation a go and i must say by far and i mean extremely far, this is the best foundation mac has yet to offer. I didn't jump on the sculpt bandwagon at first bc i read so many horror stories that this was a no go for oily skin, until i was like what the heck, get a sample and if i don't like what i see in the trash it goes, but for me it was the total opposite. Unlike studio fix fluid which im usually nc 45 that became very flat and grey looking and it stopped being the foundation that controlled oil and select was way to yellow in nc 45 and a total turn off, so surprisingly the sculpt in nc 45 was way more warm in tone and perfect for me. Despite being oily, my skin texture is changing due to being pregnant now and it lasted on me for atleast 12+ hrs w a couple of blots during the day until i took it off but nothing i couldnt handle. The finish is very nice, semi matte w a healthy glow, that looked nice w a dusting of blot for the t-zone areas. I will definetely keep buying as i got a full sized tube yesterday from the pro store. Try before you buy bc everyone's skin is different.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by saraxoox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this and I deff want go out and buy it.I really do like it alot.I am a NC25 and I have normal to dry skin.It doesnt feel to heavy for me.The coverage is medium to full which I love.It covers my acne marks.It doesnt look obvious that I am wearing make up either.Overall this is a good product and I cant wait to buy it.

UPDATE*
I purchased this foundation about a month ago and while I loved it when I had the sample I do not love it so much now.It seems maybe a little bit to cakey for me.I just feel like I have alot of make up on when I wear this and it bothers me.I stopped using this about a month ago because it just doesnt make me feel like I look my best.It does cover good but to me its just a bit to heavy feeling.I would not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Carolkalil

Ok, so this CAN be a very good product, put it depends a lot on what your seeking.
The PROS: It has medium to high, yet buildable, coverage; the range color is veeery good(im nc25); it gives you a kind of dewy look, but it can be lessened when put on powder.

The CONS: it feels *very* heavy on face, its thick, if you touch anything the product will end up on that object; aand it looks cakey if i dont put on a moisturizer before applying.

Overall a good product, but definitly not for oily or maybe even normal skin; but if ya have dry skin then i think its perfect

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by mona999

This is my first MAC foundation,n i must say its really amazing!! First of all you have to learn to use it sparingly as little bit goes a lllong way! Wat is do is, i mix it with my clinique moisturizer n apply it with a skunk brush after tht i set it with a powder with a buffer brush! N am supper dupper flawless!! All in all an awesome product!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by sunnydictator

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. a little goes a long way, so it lasts a long time for me. it doesnt break me out, which is a miracle, and it covers pretty well. and as an added bonus it has a little spf ( its not alot but its better than nothing, right?)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2010 8:50:00 AM More reviews by KilluhXCee

I most def have very mixed feelings about this foundation.I love it and yet I don't.well there are definite pros to this foundation.one being that it's a gel-like foundation so even if you tip it over on your hand you will definitely not move which i like for myself cause I hate how runny foundations are -_- (which is why I stick with this and the missha bb cream).another love about this foundation is that is A MEDIUM TO FULLLLL COVERAGE! it will mostly depend on the brush/sponge you use with it.I use the ELF powder brush or the 188 with it cause I found these blend it out the best next to the beauty blender but I found it involves you using alot more foundation with that.another is that this is in a tube form you really get to choose the amount you need.THE ONE ABSOLUTE CON ABOUT THIS is that it makes you look alot lighter in photos which suckkks. also the thickness. I like that it's thick but sometimes it's really a pain to blend out when you use the beauty blender and such really... but other then that I say it's pretty good it can't call it my HG since I switch between this and the missha bb cream but its definately one of the best I tried from mac
for now from mac this is my HG foundation but not out of everything I have tried

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2010 5:25:00 AM More reviews by gennett21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first purchased this product I didn't care for it much then I found myself wearing it everyday. I had mixed feelings about it because I didn't like it but I did, the product was hard to blend into the skin and it's not a product that you can use with just any makeup brush. After not wearing it for some time i decided to try it out again and it was really white and pasty looking. One thing about this makeup is you do not want to take pictures in it. Sometimes when I apply my foundation i will take a picture just to see how it looks and I looked so white and crazy almost like I had flour on my face. lol! Should I say not a good look for anyone.