January 30, 2015 | 865 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by carolcn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using the same tube for almost a year now and still have a little more to go. Given that this lasts so long, it is a good value for the price. I like the tube packaging as it's very hygenic and the make up in the tube isn't constantly exposed to air or germs as I use it. Lately I am finding that it doesn't quite last all day, but I suspect that is due to using it over a heavier moisturizer in the winter. I like this much better than the Studio Fix foundation as it's much more natural and less made up looking on me. The finish is quite nice, not overly matte, but simply smooth and 'my skin but better'.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by VnOT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first MAC foundation. I have it in NC35 which if applied by itself makes my skin look really light. But I pair it with the MAC powder and it really brings back a healthy glow. I like the coverage that it provides. I used to have really bad skin but I'm so happy that while this foundation isn't super heavy, it does really well at covering old scars, etc without looking caked on. I have to make certain I wash my face completely after I wear this every night or else I will have clogged pores but I'm not complaining. Daily facial cleansing is a must anyway and I wouldn't blame bad skin on the foundation if I didn't wash my face well enough. My skin is super clear now except for the random spot cropping up every now and then. But, I digress. I really like this foundation. I like the packaging, I just squeeze a really small amount onto my hand and use my E.L.F. Studio powder brush to put it on and it makes my skin look pretty flawless! It's going to last me a long time!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by dagwich24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is not the best for me.It rubs off onto everything,looks shiny if no powder is used,can look very mask like even with only a little on.I have combo. skin and I feel like there is an oil slick on my face.It feels heavy and clown like.I think this works great .as a concealer but not as an overall foundation,it tends to be heavy even when applied with a "light" hand.It is def. not good for summer, it will sweat off and drip withing seconds , if it is humid watch your whole face start dripping and swearing. I used Studio Fix to set it, a light dusting, this just made me look cakey and unnatural, I actually looked aged.

I found a mineral small makeup company that is divine and very affordable. www.Silknaturals.com...This is not waterproof and can sweat off but it you refresh with a light dusting of finishing powder you still look great.This in my opinion is better than Mac's Studio Fix. It looks like your own natural skin but 100x better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by kkpeach77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using mac studio fix fluid for years but my skin is quite dry, especially in the winter, so i was told i should give studio sculpt a try. Its wonderful. Its like a creme foundation but in a squeeze tube, it glides on perfectly smooth and the nice creamy texture makes my skin look smooth and even. A little does go a long way and because of the texture, you can buff it out so it covers a lot of area evenly. it's nice with a sponge but I have been using my 109 brush. The 187 brush works well too but i like a more densely packed brush to buff it out more. This formula might run a little light, I wear NC15 in the studio fix fluid so i bought the same shade with the sculpt and it's a tad light, but not enough to make a difference. I would suggest getting matched again if you are switching to this from another mac foundation. I would definitely recommend this to someone with dry skin, but its not greasy at all so most people should be able to wear this beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by SareenaS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a great foundation, a little goes a long way! I usually wear Studio Fix during the week but it tends to fade off by the end of the day so I wanted something that will last. This is perfect! I put a small amount of NC40 on my concealer brush and use it all over my face. It provides flawless coverage and lasts all day long! It has more of a heavy coverage I find so if you have oily or acne prone skin, you may not like this product. Since I dont need to use alot, I'm sure this will last me forever! Well worth the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 4:20:00 AM More reviews by doris98

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I raved about this just recently on the makeup board, lol. I have so many foundations but they never really seemed to match all that well. I'm extrememly fair (almost pure white) with pink in my face but yellow in my neck. Plus, despite using sunscreen 24/7, my face looks darker than my neck when using foundation. Many products turn on me. So, I found myself in the MAC free-standing store and saw an SA with amazingly pale skin. She stood out being so pale. I walked over to her and said "we are the same shade. Please please tell me what you are wearing". She said "better yet, I'll put on you what I'm wearing" and she did. I watched as, magically, my face began to match my neck in paleness and color. Long story short, she pulled shades I would not have and produced the perfect look. NC15 in this foundation give me the yellow to cut my pinkness and match my neck AND is light enough to work for me. It's creamy and spreads easily ( I use a talkon foundation brush ) BUT BUT BUT....... the type of MOISTURIZER I use makes a HUGE HUGE HUGE difference. The best one, so far, is Laura Mercier Flawless Skin facial moisturizer under P&P 50. Perfection.

I have dry skin, virtually no lines. I love this product. BTW, OVER it I use a light dusting of NW5 loose powder and my concealer is NW20. (I would have thought LIGHTER concealer but NO, this one is perfect in shade. WHo knew?!) The foundation gives great coverage without looking masky or having to use a lot of it. Bravo MAC.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by malinen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have an love-hate relationship with this foundation. It's love when I put it on and when I'm wearing it, but it clogs my pores. I still use it every now and then when I need a foundation that I know will last long and that will look good doing it, but I can't stand the clogs that I get from wearing it.

My skin is a golden that varies from NC15 to NC20 depending on the season. In the summer, I wear the NC20 and it's almost a perfect match. The NC15 is a great match for my winter skin, but I wish that it had a tiny bit more yellow to it. It's still a "yellow" shade, but it's more neutral than the NC20. For colour refference, I wear the following colours in the winter: Lauress Subtle Gold, Lily Lolo Warm Peach and EDM Golden Fair. In the summer: Lauress Soft Gold, EDM Golden Fawn and MAC C1.

I've tried applying it with my fingers, with my 109, with my regular foundation brush and with my 188. Even thou I find that it works with them all, I prefer the 188, since it makes it look almost airbrushed. The only thing to keep in mind is that it might look a bit cakey at first, but after maybe half an hour the foundation has blended perfectly into my skin and after a few hour I look like I'm glowing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by almost40

I received this as a RAOK and Im really pleased with the thought.I've only tried it once so here are my views based on that first application.
Firstly I like the tube as theres no pump(which I hate)and no wastage as I can control how much foundation comes out.The colour was maybe a tad dark(nw20)but looked ok once my powder etc was on.The consistancy was good,applied well and looked nice.It lasted a good few hours and even when it started to wear off my skin looked nice and dewy still but not oily.
I think MAC foundations are expensive but they do have a vast collection of colours and a few different textures.I think Im gonna like it but I'll see how it goes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by lovepotion18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product! I use to wear MAC's Studio Tech foundation and thought that was my HG, but this is so much better. I only use a small amount, the size of a pea with my 209 brush and buff it in. Then use my MSF Natural to set it. I can't believe what a small amount of it, I actually use compared to the Studio Tech. My friend commented on how natural my face looks. Which is a plus for me, cause I def don't want to look like I have too much makeup on.