MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7%; Titanium Dioxide 2%, Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polymethylsilesquioxane, Isostearic Acid, C4-24 Alkyl Dimethicone/Divinylmethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Shea Butter, Yeast Extract, Quercus Suber Bark Extract, Phytantriol, Dextrin Palmitate, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Cellulose Gum, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG -10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecyl PCA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Stearate, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

So last summer this was recommended to me at MAC, and at first I loved it. Keep in mind my main problems are redness and large pores. When I first apply it, it seems to be covering everything perfectly. It does accentuate my pores just as much as any other foundation, which is disappointing but not a surprise to me.

It does not cake, but it is definitely not long wearing on me. I have oily skin and I start to shine within 20 minutes of my make-up application. It usually starts to wear within one to two hours depending. Which sucks !! Yes, I get very oily usually on the t-zone, with dry spots on my cheeks. I would say this is a very average foundation for me.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this product for 2 days now...and YUCK I will not be using it anymore! This made my face greasy by the end of the day and basically no coverage left on my face. I have dry skin so I applied it over moisturizer and a primer....AND this is supposed to be heavier in coverage than the new Mineralize foundation...well tomorrow we will see as I will be giving that product a whirl.

I have drier skin and it's hard to find a foundation with good coverage that doesn't exaggerate that. This is good for evening out your skintone and making your face appear flawless. A tiny amount can cover my whole face. However it can look a little thick though. I think these foundations run really yellow though, I am usually NC but I got this in NW20.

on 3/1/2010 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Studio Sculpt is the 1st foundation i bought from MAC & at 1st i REALLY liked it, but in the winter i went to get a lighter shade & decided to give Studio Fix Fluid a try & i knew that i LOVED it. i can see a diff. in the coverage it gives me & it lasts way longer

on 2/27/2010 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I went into MAC yesterday hoping to buy the studio finish (name?) foundation, as I have read loads of great reviews about it. I spoke to a lady who tested out a few foundations and this one seemed to be the best. I have really a dry t-zone, and its gel-based qualitys made it great for me.

I apply by squeezing a pea sized amount onto the back of my hand, warming it up with my brush & blotting over my face, NO SWEEPING!! The amount is all i need for great coverage, partnered with the MAC moisture cover concealer. Then i finish with MAC mineralize skinfinish natural.

So far the foundations okay for me, haven't used it on a night out yet ... will update :)

on 2/26/2010 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have tried probably hundreds of doundations because I'm obsessed with a perfect complexion (my HG is Dermablend). This was too yellow, the coverage was moderate but seemed transparent over any blemishes, revealing them. My biggest problem with this foundation was that it was just too flaky and the coverage was very uneven----and that's during the summer, when my skin is oily. The packaging is great as far as being sanitary, but I won't be buying this again.

on 2/26/2010 1:05:00 PM

Good coverage and great looking on my skin right after application.
It does wear off easily and makes my skin looking oilier and pathier after a couple of hours. Which is solved by blotting my skin of putting on some powder.

Value for money is good as it contains 40 ml instead of the usual 30 ml
The tube is handy and hygienic.

on 2/25/2010 8:14:00 PM

It looks amaaaazing when you first put it on. It covers pretty mch everything and leaves you with dewy, even skin.

I have tried it both with and without a primer as well as experimented with leaving out my moisuriser but no matter what I do it doesn't last! I get oily and my skin feels gross after about 4 hours.. I have normal skin and live in a non-humid climate but this just does not stay on!

As much as I loved it when I first tried it on, I don't think I'd be repurchasing..

on 2/24/2010 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This foundation looks great when first applied. My skin looks glowy and natural and the coverage is great. However, the foundation shifts throughout the day and comes off so easily. If I blow my nose, all the foundation comes off and I get a nasty looking tissue. I also noticed that my face was a lot oilier with the foundation on. Lastly, this is not a photo friendly foundation because it contains SPF 15. It makes my face look ghost-white in flash photography. I will not repurchase.

When I was getting my makeup done for free at MAC ($50 dollar purchase first) I told the girl what I wanted for foundation and a powder. I pointed to MAC studio sculpt because the cool tube like packaging caught my eye and I happened to see it in a video for peacelovepink on youtube. She then geared me toward the well know mineralize skinfinish naturals as the best setting powder for any foundation (what she said) but you have to remember as honest as they may be they are trying to sell a product and make a buck. She was completely correct,so lets get that out of the way! So far this product says to be medium to high coverage. It is,the reason I need foundation is I have alot of freckles and really red cheeks to some people they think red cheeks is great and you wouldn't need blush,well to me its just discoloration and an uneven skintone so I didn't want anything too heavy. I also have oily/combination skin so oily t-zone and sorta dry cheeks. This product DOES NOT cake and does not crease or anything. I did get kinda oily but I blame my skin and it was only in my nose. I apply it with the 191 foundation brush known for looking like a paint brush,and it works perfectly fine,for better blending and buffing use something more strong so you dont get the "paintlike application" and even with that brush I didn't get any streeks. Overall this product lasts all day and looks quite natural. Goes great with mineralize skinfish natural,so make sure you have your color. Yhis product is also a gel based foundation! So make sure you known the difference between a liquid,cream,powder,and a gel foundation before freaking out when you apply it to your face for the first time. Have fun :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Request: My Current Foundation Routine and Blue,Brown and Gold Evening look by Toni3luv