MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7%; Titanium Dioxide 2%, Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polymethylsilesquioxane, Isostearic Acid, C4-24 Alkyl Dimethicone/Divinylmethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Shea Butter, Yeast Extract, Quercus Suber Bark Extract, Phytantriol, Dextrin Palmitate, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Cellulose Gum, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG -10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecyl PCA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Stearate, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

on 4/12/2010 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Everything about this product made me want to love it, but I couldn't. I thought I would get this instead of studio fix fluid to prevent my sensative skin from breaking out. While using this product I had white acne like bumps on my skin [ I'm not saying it was studio sculpt but... ]

This on normal skin doesn't really apply well. I feel it would much better if you had much dryer skin since the product is a gel based.

This product wasn't for me but it may be for you give it a try because you can always return it to mac for some studio fix fluid and the pump.

on 4/11/2010 7:39:00 PM

very good coverage, seems to from 8am - 4pm until i need to retouch up with some powder, my face is slightly oily in the tzone area, so sometimes i notice it running a little on these areas, but most of the time it stays matt :0) also have selected a perfect match to my skin tone which is nc20

on 4/11/2010 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The foundation has some good qualities, but also some not so good qualities for me. The color match was good- I think I am normally NC 20 in MAC, but picked the NC 25 this time as NC 20 seemed a smidge too light. The coverage was just what I need- medium- I have some tone unevenness and this did the job of evening everything out. I had tried using a foundation brush and a Beauty Blender and my favorite was of getting the foundation was definitely the BB. This gives a natural finish- not matte, but not dewy either. Where my rub with this product is, is the texture. The gel base is very neat, however it never felt like it was "set" even though I would set it with either my Prep 'n' Prime Finishing Powder or MSF Natural in Medium Plus. It still felt almost wet. I am sure it's great for hydrating your skin, but I don't want to notice that my foundation is even there really... After about 4-6 hrs of wear, it would start to settle in my fine lines too. I won't be repurchasing.

on 4/8/2010 5:28:00 AM

I love this product!
I have a
- fair skin (nw15)
- combination skin
at first I thought it would make me break out, cause gelbase foundations are normally for people with dry skin, well apparently not. I love this to death, it makes my skin look so pretty and I don't need concealer anymore.

I LOVE IT <3

on 4/6/2010 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have fair skin but terribly redness that no dermatologist has been able to treat, so I really need a foundation that minimizes redness w/out the need to pancake it on. I had been using Bare Minerals for years but as I reached my 30's, my skin started changing and it was no longer working. I visited the MAC counter and this product was suggested. Was I ever pleased! I barely notice it is on and it gives me great coverage. I can go very light with coverage for day to day wear or a little heavier for going out and it still looks and feels great. I know many people swear by the brush and I did purchase a MAC brush to go with it, however, after a few months I found I actually prefer a sponge. YMMV.

on 4/4/2010 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely looove this foundation!!! I put it on with a coastal scents buffer brush and it looks absolutely flawless!!! It looks air brushed. I also love the consistancy which is like a mousse. Its not messy and so light. It offers light to med coverage which is perfect for me. I like to set it with the mineralize powder. I will definetly buy it again.

on 4/2/2010 8:25:00 AM

I have normal to combination skin. I was recommended this foundation by a guy that worked at MAC. He matched me to an NC35 which did look good in the bright light and did very well in covering blemishes, etc. However, I did not like the heavy feel of it but I purchased it anyway. I have tried many methods of applying this foundation, using the 191 foundation brush, the 187 stippling brush, sponges, my own fingers, etc. The best was using my own fingers. What I liked about this foundation was how it covered everything, my dark circles, etc without me needing to use concealer, but what I don't like is the heavy feeling of it. Even when I do use a primer (Mac prep + prime foundation primer and translucent powder), it looks good for the first hour, then it goes really really oily looking and wipes off! I was appalled when I was on my phone for a few minutes, then got off and left foundation residue on my iphone. I also had to be careful when blowing my nose as it completely wipes off the foundation and I have to blend it in again. Plus it did look a bit yellow/dark on me which I didn't really like. What I did like was the packaging. It came in a tube which is convenient to carry in my make up bag and its more hygienic. What I don't like is how it makes me look oily, smudges off easily and the heavy feel of having make up packed on my face no matter which method I used to apply my foundation. Overall, I'll give it 3/5.

on 3/31/2010 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't like this foundation much. I found the shades to run terribly orange (I'm an NC35-37 and tried the shades from NC30 up to NC40)....I couldn't find a good colour match for my yellow undertoned skin. However, I did purchase a tube because I thought I could make it work for me. How wrong I was....

The colour is disgusting. Makes me look like a tangerine on Haloween. The consistency sounded great in theory - a gel - but in reality I find it to be very thick. The SA said this would give me light/medium coverage (the only type of coverage I like basically) but this looks so heavy on my face, no matter how little I apply. It's obvious I'm wearing makeup. I don't see how this could look natural on anybody. I've tried using fingers, sponges, brushes....all methods look nasty.

I have normal-combo skin and whilst this does last all day, I found it to get a little slimy and greasy after a few hours. I remember meeting my boyfriend for coffee and popping to the bathroom...I took one look in the mirror and my face looked so horrible. It was oily and I looked like I slapped makeup on in the dark. I actually looked like a drag queen. In photographs that I took, it looked alright, but still, it looked like I had tonnes of makeup on.

I also experienced some small breakouts from this, whiteheads in particular. None of my other foundations break me out. I think the heaviness of this foundation is what caused it. My skin felt like it was covered in cling-film.

I would definately not repurchase this. The packaging is great but that's about it.

on 3/30/2010 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been on a search for a foundation for so long now.....and I think I may have found it!!!
I purchased this Saturday in NW20.....I have used other MAC foundations such as Studio Fix Fluid and have had terrible breakouts or the color just did not match when I brought it home.
This shade matches so close that I cant tell I have it on....it looks like my skin...just better.
I tried applying on Monday with the small MAC skunk brush and did not like the results, so I smoothed it out with a sponge. I bought the yellow Essence of Beauty foundation/concealer combo and used Monistat chafing gel as my primer and the results were wonderful. I have not experienced any breakouts so far.... and I say that with confidence that I will not have any because if I had been using SFF I would have had horrible breakouts.
I would say that the coverage is medium and it covers pretty well. You really only need a small amount...it eally goes along way. As for oil control, I would say it was average. When purchasing this foundation, the color match and breakout factor were my most important concern.
I know that MAC foundations are known for their tendancy to oxidize...... this stays true to the color.
I finish this off with MAC Prep and Prime translucent finishing powder and no oilies at least until lunchtime.
I will purchase this again....as long as it does not break me out! Will provide an update later.

on 3/28/2010 5:35:00 PM

This foundation is amazing, if you apply it correctly. I bought this a while back and I hated it (my shade is NW20). I used a sponge to apply (at the time I didn't realize how important brushes really are). It looked cakey and yellow on my face. It was awful and instead of returning it, I threw it in the drawer. I was going through my makeup a week ago and stumbled across Studio Sculpt and decided to give it another go. I now have a pretty hefty brush collection (because I saw the error in my ways, haha). I applied this with the 187 brush, and voila! Absolute perfection! As another reviewer stated, a little goes a long way here. When you apply with the 187, you get an airbrushed finish that looks incredibly flawless. I highly recommend this foundation. The one thing I'm not crazy about is the packaging. It comes in a squeeze tube. I'm down to the last bit of product, so I'm trying to save what I can. When I squeeze the tube, a huge amount squirts out and I hate wasting product. Still, if you can, see if you can get a little sample jar so you can test it out at home before committing.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Request: My Current Foundation Routine and Blue,Brown and Gold Evening look by Toni3luv

Top Rated MAC Products