October 1, 2014 | 1870 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I almost gave up on mac until i decided to give this foundation a go and i must say by far and i mean extremely far, this is the best foundation mac has yet to offer. I didn't jump on the sculpt bandwagon at first bc i read so many horror stories that this was a no go for oily skin, until i was like what the heck, get a sample and if i don't like what i see in the trash it goes, but for me it was the total opposite. Unlike studio fix fluid which im usually nc 45 that became very flat and grey looking and it stopped being the foundation that controlled oil and select was way to yellow in nc 45 and a total turn off, so surprisingly the sculpt in nc 45 was way more warm in tone and perfect for me. Despite being oily, my skin texture is changing due to being pregnant now and it lasted on me for atleast 12+ hrs w a couple of blots during the day until i took it off but nothing i couldnt handle. The finish is very nice, semi matte w a healthy glow, that looked nice w a dusting of blot for the t-zone areas. I will definetely keep buying as i got a full sized tube yesterday from the pro store. Try before you buy bc everyone's skin is different.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by saraxoox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this and I deff want go out and buy it.I really do like it alot.I am a NC25 and I have normal to dry skin.It doesnt feel to heavy for me.The coverage is medium to full which I love.It covers my acne marks.It doesnt look obvious that I am wearing make up either.Overall this is a good product and I cant wait to buy it.

UPDATE*
I purchased this foundation about a month ago and while I loved it when I had the sample I do not love it so much now.It seems maybe a little bit to cakey for me.I just feel like I have alot of make up on when I wear this and it bothers me.I stopped using this about a month ago because it just doesnt make me feel like I look my best.It does cover good but to me its just a bit to heavy feeling.I would not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Carolkalil

Ok, so this CAN be a very good product, put it depends a lot on what your seeking.
The PROS: It has medium to high, yet buildable, coverage; the range color is veeery good(im nc25); it gives you a kind of dewy look, but it can be lessened when put on powder.

The CONS: it feels *very* heavy on face, its thick, if you touch anything the product will end up on that object; aand it looks cakey if i dont put on a moisturizer before applying.

Overall a good product, but definitly not for oily or maybe even normal skin; but if ya have dry skin then i think its perfect

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by mona999

This is my first MAC foundation,n i must say its really amazing!! First of all you have to learn to use it sparingly as little bit goes a lllong way! Wat is do is, i mix it with my clinique moisturizer n apply it with a skunk brush after tht i set it with a powder with a buffer brush! N am supper dupper flawless!! All in all an awesome product!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by sunnydictator

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. a little goes a long way, so it lasts a long time for me. it doesnt break me out, which is a miracle, and it covers pretty well. and as an added bonus it has a little spf ( its not alot but its better than nothing, right?)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2010 8:50:00 AM More reviews by KilluhXCee

I most def have very mixed feelings about this foundation.I love it and yet I don't.well there are definite pros to this foundation.one being that it's a gel-like foundation so even if you tip it over on your hand you will definitely not move which i like for myself cause I hate how runny foundations are -_- (which is why I stick with this and the missha bb cream).another love about this foundation is that is A MEDIUM TO FULLLLL COVERAGE! it will mostly depend on the brush/sponge you use with it.I use the ELF powder brush or the 188 with it cause I found these blend it out the best next to the beauty blender but I found it involves you using alot more foundation with that.another is that this is in a tube form you really get to choose the amount you need.THE ONE ABSOLUTE CON ABOUT THIS is that it makes you look alot lighter in photos which suckkks. also the thickness. I like that it's thick but sometimes it's really a pain to blend out when you use the beauty blender and such really... but other then that I say it's pretty good it can't call it my HG since I switch between this and the missha bb cream but its definately one of the best I tried from mac
for now from mac this is my HG foundation but not out of everything I have tried

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2010 5:25:00 AM More reviews by gennett21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first purchased this product I didn't care for it much then I found myself wearing it everyday. I had mixed feelings about it because I didn't like it but I did, the product was hard to blend into the skin and it's not a product that you can use with just any makeup brush. After not wearing it for some time i decided to try it out again and it was really white and pasty looking. One thing about this makeup is you do not want to take pictures in it. Sometimes when I apply my foundation i will take a picture just to see how it looks and I looked so white and crazy almost like I had flour on my face. lol! Should I say not a good look for anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by koolkatz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I needed to find a new HG evening foundation after my beloved Chanel Double Perfection Fluide was discontinued. Have been using this when going out at night for a few months now (MAC Mineralize Satin Finish is my daytime HG). Like other raters have commented, this is a medium-heavy coverage. Definitely provides good coverage and lasts a long time, even on my oily skin.

It does take a bit longer to blend than other foundations, but we're talking maybe 10-15 extra seconds here. I do think it might be a bit much for most ppl for daytime use, but is fantastic for my nights out. I have giant pores and very oily skin, although somewhat dryer in some areas as I get older. My skin is also very sensitive in spots and super acne-prone. I have never broken out from this.

I always use oil-free moisturizer and primer underneath. Usually finish with a dusting of MAC Natural MSF and touch up with MAC Blot throughout the day. Doesn't measure up to my HG, but definitely excellent, and will re-purchase unless Chanel brings back DPF.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by UpTheAmp

After trying out a few heavy coverage foundations for my freckly skin, I was reccomended to try this out.
I am always a NW20 in MAC foundations so I went my MAC store, picked it up and came home excited to try it out.
First impressions were that I liked the packaging and the squeeze tube much better than the pump foundations, but then I opened the foundation and straight away noticed the very chemical, plastic scent that came with it! I'd say that is a big downside of this foundation, it almost gives you a headache.
I applied it with my 190 foundation brush and was pleased, the foundation had covered my large pores without sinking into them, and it was a nice gel consistancy. It didn't cover my freckles as well as the Clinique Continuous Coverage foundation which is perfect for anyone looking for extremelly heavy coverage (it only comes in 4 shades which is a downside though), but it covered fairly well.
It took a while to dry so it isn't a foundation you can put powder over straight away as it remains quite tacky for 5-10 minutes, but when it finally dried I used Chanels translucent face powder over the top and it looked beautiful.
It left me with a nice glowy complexion whilst still covering my imperfections! I would and will be buying this product again, so far i have had it for a month and it still has half the bottle left.
I would also reccomend this product for anyone with freckles, acne, age spots or large pores - however if you have skin which doesn't need much coverage, then I would say steer away from this founation as it will be giving you coverage you dont need and it also is a foundation which makes it pretty obvious that you are wearing it.
Overall 4/5, it has its pro's and its con's but the pro's do outweigh the con's in my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by continue445

LOVE THIS FOUNDATION

Basically I would say if you like the studio tech this is the liquid dupe. I am a NC44(45) and I love it I have major acne scaring and this covers it and current breakouts like they never happened. Currently I apply this over a moisturized face with a wet sponge and I use less then a pea size to cover my whole face, neck and some of chest.

As for the packaging I wish it had a pump but the tube is great! It is amazing to travel with. It is small enough to fit in a small makeup bag and not have to worry about it spilling every where because of the cream consistency.

Overall I would recommend this to people with acne scaring but it may come off heavy to someone with perfect skin. The packaging is great and the consistency is spot on. This is a must try!