July 22, 2014 | 2111 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by lysaly

Overall, I think this is a pretty good foundation. It covers well, is blend-able, and gives me a dewy finish. I use the MAC 187 skunk brush to stipple the product on but I've also used a damp sponge (both work well). I have combo/oily skin and I'm in the shade NC30, which matches me perfectly! You definitely want to set it with a light powder to take away a little bit of shine and to set the foundation. This product stays in place throughout the day, I never have to do any touch-ups, although some days I feel the need to blot my face (but it's really no big deal & not necessarily b/c of the makeup).
For the price, it won't break your bank b/c honestly, I've had my tube for over a year now and there is still 25% left (given I don't use it every single day, but a couple times a week just b/c I want my face to be able to breathe some times).
This comes in a slim (easy to travel with!) squeeze tube; it's durable, sanitary, and you can control the amount of product (which is great b/c there's no wasting of the foundation).
If you're wanting to try a MAC foundation, I would recommend this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by principessa101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

MY HG FOUNDATION! Everytime i wear this foundation i get atleast one compliment off someone saying how flawless my skin looks! I apply with the 187 brush and it gives me a flawless non cakey look! Very natural looking i only use a tiny blob.

If you find studio fix fluid a bit drying and cakey definately try studio sculpt out! It makes my skin look so healthy i also use a tiny amount of mac mineralize skin finish lightly brushed over to set it.

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! And unlike studio fix fluid this studio sculpt has not broke me out!

I really do love this foundation its perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Vex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Was so happy Mac brought this out! Finally a glowy foundation with coverage! If you are a lover of Studio Fix but find it to heavy or matt try this. But if you dont like full coverage foundation and want medium coverage just apply less of this and it will work as a sheerer coverage. With shea butter to hydrate it was a welcome change for my skin and I noticed it improved my skin from using Studio Fix for so long. Gorgeous foundation. Glowy and good coverage. Great for summer or winter. LOVE IT :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by najah83

I've re-written this review. i initially gave it one lippy but its been upgraded as I went back to mac and told them how bad this foundation made my skin look. After trying a couple of other ones (studio fix, moistureblend) they weren't doing anything for me so we decided to try this foundation by smothering mac prime +prime on first and IT WORKED A DREAM! I cannot, cannot believe how much difference the primer made to this foundation it's like another product. The coverage is great, my skin gets a dewy, gorgeous glow and it even MATCHEd MY SKIN in NC25 and looked less yellow than without the primer. i now LOVE this foundation and have given it HG status. I won't give it 5 stars only because I have to moisturise well, then use a ton of primer, then apply the foundation to get the look I want rather than get a fair result on moisturised skin. thanks mac and sorry for doubting you!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by debbick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love my Chanel Vitalumiere but was looking for something with an spf to cut out a step once in awhile. First I was matched to a NW20 which made me look like a ghost and then matched to a NW25 which looked better in the store ( no natural light). Put on a very small amount at home, after using prep & prime, and needed to really work it in to get the finish I like. My daughter walked by and I asked her how the color was, she said fine but you LOOK like your wearing makeup. She was right. The Chanel makes me look like I have perfect skin and this sunk in and lined where I didn't think I had lines. Going back to the store tomorrow and then on the hunt for the new Revlon Photo Ready to try.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Aceberg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this foundation to have great staying power and it stayed matte throughout the day with hardly any touch ups - which is always a plus!

One thing I found is that this foundation made my skin a little flat and dull. I normally like a bit of sheen to my skin - a little healthy glow.

The other thing that was a down was that in photos this made my skin look white.. I mean really white. I am an NC44/45 and in photos I looked alabaster pale. It was so bizarre.

So because of that I won't be repurchasing this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by kornwipha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It gave me a nice coverage and the staying power is good too. But NC30 is too orange for me, I don't think theres a color that matches me perfectly that's why I give 3 lippies, It 's hard to blend a little, you have to be quick and it's a bit sticky on my face even I cover it with powder. And another thing is I have a few bums appear on my face but I'm not sure that this is the cause. I will see.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by kragey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Technically, I didn't buy this product; my sister bought it, and because her winter skin is the same color as my year-round skin (NW15), I figured I'd squeeze a little in to a sanitized jar and try it out on myself. Paying more than $15 for a tube of foundation kills me, to be quite honest. :)

I really like this foundation, and so does my sister. She applies it with a brush, which gives her nice medium coverage; I apply it with my fingers for more sheer coverage. A lot of people are saying that it "looked like a mask" on them, but this foundation really blended beautifully in to my skin. It did not feel oily or dry on my combination skin, it just felt like it was "soaking in." I ALWAYS set my foundations with powder, so I'm not taking off a lippy for that, but for those who dislike doing that, this is not the foundation for you.

This is also a great foundation to mix with your moisturizer to make a tinted moisturizer, thanks to the SPF!

For the record, the NC shades DO lean a little to the orange side, so I generally don't recommend that NCs buy this particular foundation. The NW shades are not super-pink, however, which I love.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 6:42:00 AM More reviews by mu5icbtch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation is disgusting. I can honestly say that I don't like anything about it. I was matched with an NC44 for my tan yellow undertoned skin...it's orange and has no yellowness at all. NC42 was too light and anything above NC44 was too dark so that pretty much sucked.

The coverage is really thick and heavy...it looks like a mask. I felt so self concious wearing this foundation it's unbelievable. The gel texture sounds good in theory but it's thick and drys too quickly on my skin. You have to apply on REALLY well moisturized skin otherwise it'll look flaky. It always seemed to look patchy on my cheeks no matter how I applied it - brush, fingers, sponge...you name it. Not only that, but it breaks me out with huge whiteheads every time I used it.

I have combo skin (oily t zone normal/dry cheeks) and this got so greasy on my entire face. If I wear it ontop of a primer it doesn't get too greasy but still....I'm annoyed that I paid over £22 for this foundation, I wouldn't even pay £5 for it.

The ironic thing is - when it's on my face, it transfers really easily off on everything...yet when I try to wash it off, it takes 2 rounds of oil cleanser and another 2 rounds of normal cleanser to take it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by JenniferWild

This foundation is wonderful! I have tried every mac foundation over the past year or so, and got so frustrated with all of them in one way or another.
The colour match for me is perfect, the finish is divine, and the price isn't too bad considering it's leagues above many other foundations!
Agreed with other comments though - I found that it did come off easily at the slightest touch... but quickly erradicated the problem, by setting with MSF/N or P+P Finishing powder! Simple as that!

Definately recommend this one :)