July 23, 2014 | 1450 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Powder Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by MissLoiss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I LOVE THIS BRUSH ! Love this brush :) Absolutely amazing. I went walking around in target and noticed that they now (i never noticed before if they always have) carry the E.L.F products. I threw away an OLD old old powder brush that morning and decided to just go ahead and spend $3 !!! on this odd looking flat brush (seen flat brushes before at the time, just never puchused one). Best choice i have ever EVER made. I do one light swirl into my loose powder, tap off the excess, and WALA ! A set face, B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L !

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This is only $3 in comparison to $50 something MAC's 187. I purchased this since I needed a powder brush and I won't shell out 50 for a brush. I use this for foundation and setting my foundation with mineral powder and this works great! Works GREAT with mineral foundation! Buffs everything in evenly and creates a very flawless, pore less matte appearance that I need for my oily skin. For finishing powders, it creates a nice sheer layer. It picks up loose powder well. I like that it can provide a moderate coverage without looking cakey just naturally evens out my skin tone well and actually improves my skin's appearance! This is a multi tasking brush for me for all foundations and powders!! My face stays more matte since I started using this brush to apply my setting powders and mineral foundation. would I buy again? Absolutely!!! I love this brush for powder, or liquid foundation, also for blush is wonderful. You really can't go wrong with this brush, and compares to higher quality brushes! Good job ELF!
UPDATE Since my acne/face cleared up I now use this to apply foundation for a natural look instead of needing a heavy coverage like I used to need. It looks like I have naturally beautiful skin and as if I'm not wearing any foundation. It's so soft and inexpensive, everyone should try it!
PROS:
-Soft
-Not scratchy
-No shedding
-Dense
-nice professional size
-INEXPENSIVE!!
CONS:
none
rating-5
price-1
packaging quality-5
buy again?-YES

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by ticklez88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this brush, it is great for my powder, however it feels a bit wonky and loose - So I may need to buy a backup incase the one I have breaks. Other than that, I absolutely love it. Easy to clean too!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 3:26:00 AM More reviews by jellums

I bought one during ELF's 50% off Studio sale and I'm really pleased with it! It's very soft and dense and doesn't feel flimsy. I really like flat-top brushes like this and it buffs out powder and blush nicely! I have not experienced any shedding or bleeding with this either. Even at full price ($3), I would buy this and I think everyone should try it! For $3, you're not losing a lot! I actually plan to pick up another one of these soon too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by machochick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My friend recommended me this, so I bought 3 during their 60% off sale.

I use this for dry make up: blushes, bronzer, pressed and loose powder...they work wonderful! I tried it on liquid foundations, it works but not as good. It tends to soak up the product, I end up using more. But in buff-wise and with a light hand, it can perform well in blending your foundation.

It doesn't bleed or shed when I wash it. So I guess it's a hit or miss. It's very dense, so it takes time to dry. I wash mine night time so it dries up around noon the next day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by judysmath

I recently bought two of these brushes and they are the first brushes I've owned in the E.L.F. Studio line. I'm very impressed. I like the sleek look and the length of the handle and the compact, soft hairs. I use mine for powder foundation and powder blush and it does a wonderful job of blending. I didn't realize it could be used for liquid foundation, but after reading the reviews here, I'm going to try it and see if it is as good as my skunk brush. I'm now hooked on the Studio brushes and hope to purchase more in the future.
Edit: I tried the brush to stipple my Revlon Colorstay foundation and it's perfect!!!!! It delivers an airbrushed, perfect finish. Unlike my old Sigma skunk brush, the ELF brush doesn't suck up foundation, so I use less foundation and the brush stays clean longer. I'm also using another ELF flat top powder brush to stipple my powder blush and it leaves a natural finish. I'm in love with this brush!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Nanaisbeautiful

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This brush was just okay for me. I used this brush for the first time since I bought it two months ago when ELF had their 60% off sale for their 7th anniversary; so I paid only 1.20 for the brush. There are pro's and cons to this brush.

Pros
It's extremely affordable (especially if you get them on sale)
It's very soft
Its fairly dense

Cons
It absorbs liquid foundation
It splays a bit when trying to buff
It sheds a bit when washing (this was the first wash; it shed 3 hairs)
It takes a long time to dry due to it's density

I think this brush is a pretty good brush. If you are unsure about this brush (I say give it a try) buy it at Target because if you don't like it you can return it. I did not like it as much as I thought, so I may end up giving to a friend.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by ladymakeupfan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Triple 5 * for me, the price $3, packaging black, nice and sleek, densely packed soft bristles, would I buy again? Absolutely!!! I own 2 and I love this brush for powder, or liquid foundation, also for blush is wonderful. You really can't go wrong with this brush, and compares to higher quality brushes! Good job ELF cosmetics! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by jessadores

There is not much to say about this brush that has not already been said. It works great at applying powders and liquids, and at buffing. It is really multipurpose and is super soft. Even better is that is was 3 bucks at Target. So there is no worries about tossing it in a makeup bag or losing it. It can even compare to more expensive brushes. The reason i took off a lippie is because the ferrule detached off the handle right away, but nothing that super glue can't fix. Also, it does shed a little, but because it is so cheap and works well it is great to have, and I am going to buy another one (or two).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Quindonia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS BRUSH! This brush has become my absolute favorite brush. I bought it thinking it's only $3, if I don't like it it won't be much of a loss. I initially used it to apply my powders, then I realized how good of a blush brush it would make so I went and purchased another. I now have 5 of these brushes. The price alone makes this brush worth at least a try.