November 28, 2014 | 994 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Powder Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by mrsmcg

I *LOVE* this one! This, and the studio C e/s brush are my absolute favorites out of the ten or so E.L.F. brushes that I own.

It's nice and densely packed, performs well, hasn't shed but one hair, (maybe??), and looks gorgeous with its classy black handle.
I use this to apply my msfn, and sometimes to buff in a loose setting powder over my liquid.

Love it, love it, love it. I may buy a couple backups, because it's great, and so cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by danyellec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE this brush!! Was going to get a Sigma but then saw this... I use it for my Studio Fix Fluid and it buffs it in so nice. I'm buying another asap!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by sdrawlin2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am so in love with this brush. I use it for my liquid foundation and it works wonderfully. Does what it says, $3, and has minimal shedding.Whats not to love!!! I have to thank MUA for the reviews on it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by renaissancegirl

I made the switch a while back from liquid to powder foundation and I was on the search for just the right brush. I needed something that was denser than traditional powder brushes but not quite as tightly packed as a kabuki. This brush was exactly what I was looking for! When I saw how black it was, I was fearful it would bleed like crazy but it didn't bleed at all. It's quite soft and picks up the right amount of product for the coverage I want. I'm still surprised it was only $3.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Seashorechic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't care what number a brush is, I just want a super soft, non-scratchy, durable face brush. This is it! If I could have found one in Eco Tools, I would have, but at $3.00, this is such a great deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 1:37:00 PM More reviews by BR0WNEYES2011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After reading and watching many reviews on this brush i had to try it out. For such a low price the elf powder brush is so soft and lovely on my skin, i apply it with my mufe hd foundation and it does such a great job! Only downside is the brush does shed, but i heard this happens because it is supposed to be a POWDER brush not a foundation brush :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 7:22:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Lovely brush. use for blushes or for contouring. NOt for bronzers as it will not blend it seamlessly.
Indeed, its synthetic bristles are very dense, but still, soft and they don't scrape or disturb your delicate face skin (many brushes do that).
I love this brush for contouring and for applying light/low pigmented blushes: being so dense, it packs a punch of colour.
Beware though: if you are applying a very pigmented blush, it will show up a LOT. So please use it properly!
Other than that, it's an excellent brush for the price.
Well, the ferrule was getting loose after a few days (then would eventually split the brush in two parts); but I mended it with some glue. I mean for 4 euros you cannot realy complain if the brush does not last forever. ELF is doing a great job with their brushes (I own a bunch of them).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by photogeneric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

If I had to select a favorite brush that I own, I would select this one. I actually have two of them. I use one for liquid foundation and the other one for powder. This is a fantastic brush, and that clearly shows in the outstanding reviews it has here on MUA. ELF really made a hit with this. It is very soft, costs $3 and performs exceptionally at applying liquid and powder products. I would highly recommend this brush to everyone. It is great to have in your collection and I use it daily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Why am I just now getting one of these? For three dollars and some change, I'm surprised that it took me this long.

I'll be honest. When I purchased this brush, there was an innate fear of it being ridiculously poor in quality. I was terrified that the handle would be wobbly, that the bristles would be stiff and practically stab my face. The thought of the hairs shedding on me and being unnoticed until out in public, leaving me looking like I have a wild, thick, random hair growing out of my cheek made me wary. I have black hair and have honestly had brushes shed on me and look JUST LIKE legit facial hair before...it wasn't a pretty sight. Having to pick bristles out of your already set foundation is a pain in the butt as well.

Anyway, back on topic. I LOVE THIS BRUSH! It is absolutely nothing like I'd feared. In fact, it's quite the opposite. The bristles are so unbelievably soft, fine, but very dense. They never poke or scrape across my skin (Like my Walmart brand stippling brush does), nor have I had this shed on me (Unlike my Posh kabuki brush). It's quite possibly the best quality brush that I own and yet somehow still the cheapest. Never in the world would I have imagined what I was missing when I was using other brushes on my more creamy foundations. This flat-top brush buffs them in beautifully and leaves a seamless, natural sort of finish that is hard to achieve with my other brushes. Using this brush is also much less time consuming than having to blend incessantly with a traditional foundation brush. I also find that I use less product with this brush than I do with any of the others.

It's an excellent buy and for the price I doubt very seriously that it could ever be beaten. I love this brush so much that I'm contemplating trading in my more expensive and trifling brushes for some E.L.F. ones. If you're on the fence about buying one of these, just get it. You'll probably like it.
What have you got to lose? It's only three bucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by StineWasHere

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this brush! I use it with´my true match foundation from L'Oreal, and this is really great. It is so soft, and does not shed at all. Really easy to apply liquid foundation with. I can absolutely reccomend it!One lippy off though, because of the handle coming off. Fixed it with a glue gun, but still. Would repurchase!