E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush

Price: $

Price: $

synthetic, cruelty-free hair

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is really a great brush. very dense and doesn't waste product. For the price, this is a total steal. It made my liquid foundation look much better than any other form of application. I've tried foundation brush, stippling brush, sponge, beauty blender ..... Even Makes one of my foundation tat used to look blotchy go on great. Will buy a few more to backup.

on 12/15/2011 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Very dense and soft brush at a low price that is great for liquid foundation. I normally do not love brushes for foundation application but I do like this one a lot. It'll give you a full and flawless coverage. I also use it for blush sometimes. I love this so much that I now have two but my only complaint is that they can soak up a lot of foundation and they can be hard to wash...even my Dr. Bronner's soap have a hard time getting foundation off of the brushes thoroughly!

on 12/15/2011 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

even after reading all the good reviews of this brush, i was still pleasantly surprised by it!

it was only $3 at Target-- yay!

i DID notice that not all of these are equal in quality. i looked through the others on the shelf and some had a few loose bristles and the brushes looked kinda squished. so i took a minute to seek out the "best" one :)

after i got it home i tried it out with liquid foundation. i'd never applied foundation with a brush before, and found that this did quite well. however, it DID seem to suck up a LOT of the foundation, so i wont be using it again for that purpose. the result wasnt spectacular or anything, so not worth it.

after washing this brush, i was shocked to see that it didnt lose even a SINGLE bristle! amazing for such a cheap brush! from now on i'll use it for powder :)

i dont regret buying it at all, even though i wont be using it for the purpose i originally intended.

LOVEEEEE! This is my everyday FOUNDATION brush, yes it says its for powder but it buffs my foundation in amazingly and makes it look so airbrushed. What an amazing brush thats only a few dollars. Purchase it you wont regret it!

This brush is LOVE! I absolutely recommend it for applying foundation or even for setting powder or applying blush! It is very soft and harmfree to the skin. It does not shed. The best part is the price. It is only $3 available online or at target stores.

on 12/11/2011 5:37:00 AM

BEST brush for foundation - period. I'm very very into foundation brushes personally, just because I pour all my energy into a flawless face. I previously used the MAC 187, their kabuki or Everyday Minerals flat-top brush - but this brush seriously BLOWS EVERYTHING OUT OF THE WATER. I'm not sure if that's an idiom, but it gives you the appearance of PERFECT skin and I am not even joking. It's soft, doesn't shed, doesn't bleed and it's freaking cheap too. Only down side is it takes forever to dry with a Brushguard, but I don't really care :)

on 12/10/2011 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love using this brush for applying powder and blending out blush. It does an excellent job. The brush hairs are soft, yet firm enough to do the job. For the price, you just can't pass this up!

on 12/9/2011 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really love this brush. I haven't used it to apply anything but my translucent setting powder, but it feels really nice on the skin. The bristles are soft and durable, and after a lot of wear and washes, it has still kept its shape. It's a staple in my collection, but I have given it a four because after only a couple washes, the ferrule because loose and wobbly, and I was a bit disappointed because I take extra special care of my brushes when I wash them and make a point to avoid getting the ferrule wet.

Hello, HG foundation brush! I love it so much, I currently have 6 of them. I've used MANY flat-top kabuki like brushes, including some very expensive brushes, but this one takes the cake. And you can't beat the $3 price tag! (And on eyeslipsface.com, you can always snag a sale! I stocked up when studio products were 50% off!) I would recommend this to everyone!

on 12/7/2011 12:41:00 PM

I LOVE this brush. It is dense yet super soft. It applies my liquid foundation flawlessly. Before I started using this I just used my fingers, but I am glad I decided to try this. It definitely takes my foundation up a notch and makes it cover so much better. I look almost airbrushed. I have experienced very little shedding, even after washing. This is definitely my HG face brush.

Popular Makeup Brushes