December 22, 2014 | 1671 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Powder Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by GoddessIv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Needed to find a brush that applies Mac Studio Fix Powder Foundation and that's when I stumbled through these reviews. The same day I went to Target to see the brush and I purchased one. I am so impressed with it that I felt I had to write a review. Since I bought Elf Powder Brush I do not use my Mac brushes but use only this one to apply powder foundation, blotting powder and powder blush! It just does such a good job dealing with all 3 of these products that I can't be bothered with my other face brushes anymore...so I went back to Target and bought another 2.

If you own Mac blushes, you will be pleasantly surprised how perfectly this brush fits into their pan. Since the brush has a round shape and a flat top, it takes up the size of the pan perfectly, leaving only a small space around the head of the brush to allow you to circle it around to pick up the blush. I especially like this aspect, but it also does a superb job of applying the product (somehow the blush falls on the exact spot where it suppose to). Then I blend with the same brush.

As far as foundation goes, it also does a perfect job. Picks up enough product (not too much, not too little) and blends the product well into the skin. No streakiness, cakeyness, or shiny surfaces peaking out from under the foundation.

Now I really regret buying all the expensive Mac brushes, only wish I new about this one sooner! Can't believe it's just $3...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

I only own one and I want more!!! For $3 this brush is a steal!!! Bristles are packed and dense so it holds product well. I use mine for applieing my tinted moisturizer. Great brush!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by wai260896

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS BRUSH. i have 2, one for bronzer and one for foundation, it is so cheap, and it is great quality for its price!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by mrsmcg

I *LOVE* this one! This, and the studio C e/s brush are my absolute favorites out of the ten or so E.L.F. brushes that I own.

It's nice and densely packed, performs well, hasn't shed but one hair, (maybe??), and looks gorgeous with its classy black handle.
I use this to apply my msfn, and sometimes to buff in a loose setting powder over my liquid.

Love it, love it, love it. I may buy a couple backups, because it's great, and so cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by danyellec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE this brush!! Was going to get a Sigma but then saw this... I use it for my Studio Fix Fluid and it buffs it in so nice. I'm buying another asap!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by sdrawlin2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am so in love with this brush. I use it for my liquid foundation and it works wonderfully. Does what it says, $3, and has minimal shedding.Whats not to love!!! I have to thank MUA for the reviews on it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by renaissancegirl

I made the switch a while back from liquid to powder foundation and I was on the search for just the right brush. I needed something that was denser than traditional powder brushes but not quite as tightly packed as a kabuki. This brush was exactly what I was looking for! When I saw how black it was, I was fearful it would bleed like crazy but it didn't bleed at all. It's quite soft and picks up the right amount of product for the coverage I want. I'm still surprised it was only $3.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Seashorechic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't care what number a brush is, I just want a super soft, non-scratchy, durable face brush. This is it! If I could have found one in Eco Tools, I would have, but at $3.00, this is such a great deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 1:37:00 PM More reviews by BR0WNEYES2011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After reading and watching many reviews on this brush i had to try it out. For such a low price the elf powder brush is so soft and lovely on my skin, i apply it with my mufe hd foundation and it does such a great job! Only downside is the brush does shed, but i heard this happens because it is supposed to be a POWDER brush not a foundation brush :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 7:22:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Lovely brush. use for blushes or for contouring. NOt for bronzers as it will not blend it seamlessly.
Indeed, its synthetic bristles are very dense, but still, soft and they don't scrape or disturb your delicate face skin (many brushes do that).
I love this brush for contouring and for applying light/low pigmented blushes: being so dense, it packs a punch of colour.
Beware though: if you are applying a very pigmented blush, it will show up a LOT. So please use it properly!
Other than that, it's an excellent brush for the price.
Well, the ferrule was getting loose after a few days (then would eventually split the brush in two parts); but I mended it with some glue. I mean for 4 euros you cannot realy complain if the brush does not last forever. ELF is doing a great job with their brushes (I own a bunch of them).