BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love bronzers, I have them in NARS, Guerlain, Bobbi Brown, MAC, Too Faced, Tarte, Sugar, Chanel, NYC, and Rimmel. Finally wanted to try Benefit Hoola and I was not disappointed. It's a little chalky but otherwise it's matte and gives me natural bronze skin, my fav for contouring.

on 11/29/2010 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

PROS: Love this bronzer. Perfectly matte, no shimmer or glitter, and the absolute most natural shade of medium bronze that you can put on your skin. For a sensitive skinned freckled face girl like me this is a godsend because I can't tan naturally. I even like the small wooden handled brush. Very Chinatown chic. :) No fragrance. Perfect!

CONS: Too expensive to be in a small, impractical cardboard box! I'm used to Chanel's packaging so the packaging is definitely a downer for such a great product. :(

on 11/28/2010 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love this bronzer. My face is so much paler than my neck, I look like a ghost. So I needed something to give me a little color allover the face. I used a kabuki to apply a light wash throughout the whole face. It looks so natural and beautiful. I love that it's completely matte ! No shimmers or sheens or anything. It looks amazing on my pale skin. I love the brush that it came with. The brush fits perfectly on where I contour. A bit pricey, I don't know if I would buy again, because I never actually finish and repurchase anything. But this stuff is amazing. Definitely recommend it.

Ended up returning.. I like my face pale =)

on 11/28/2010 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been trying to get this to work for me for the past few months, but just haven't been able to get this to apply smoothly. Tried out various fluffy brushes to apply this in the hollows of my cheeks and along my temple line, and jaw, but I always end up with a muddy appearance, with patches of darker splotches. I much prefer Nars Laguna, or even NYC's Sunny for a nice matte touch of color, and easier application.

on 11/21/2010 7:35:00 AM

Well, I like this product. It's definetly worth the price. The colour is very natural. But I didn't like the texture, it's very very chalky. I've tried many bronzers Dior, Chanel, Shiseido, Estee Lauder, Guerlain and now Benefit. So I can say that in my opinion this is very good bronzer BUT Guerlain bronzers are the BEST. Their bronzers just a magic) they give you not only bronze skin, they give you healthy glowy radiant skin and the texture just perfect.

on 11/17/2010 9:31:00 PM

Great bronzer! I was using Too Faced Sun Bunny, which I like alot and I find it adds glow to my face. However I was looking for a bronzer that would give me the same touch of color without the shimmer. I dont always want to look "'glowy'' and I do have oily skin. This stuffs perfect. Swipe alittle on the forehead, nose, chin and cheeks and you have a nice touch of color. Its great for contouring and I've had no trouble blending.
I'd def reccomend and its well worth it. I''ll re-purchase for sure.

on 11/16/2010 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this product. Its the perfect matte brown. Yes a little pricey, but in my opinion its worth it. I definetly agree with the other reviews about the packaging though, its not very practical. To fix this problem, I took an exacto knife, and cut down the sides on the bottom box so i can get a better clean sweep with a brush. I dont know if other people are comfortable with cutting the packaging on a 30$ bronzer but for me it works so much better, and the top still holds in place perfectly.

Bit pricey but not as much as Laguna from Nars. Benefit has great unique products but they can be pricey, but I am sure I have wasted more $$$ settling for cheaper products that sat in the bottom of my drawer right!

on 11/13/2010 2:36:00 PM

Many people compare Nars Laguna bronzer to Hoola, but I believe there is no comparison. Laguna comes with 0.28 oz of product and costs $32. Hoola has 0.40 oz of product and cost $29. Just the lightest application with a fan brush is needed to create a warm matte glow. The packaging is inconvenient but tolerable, and the brush is both inconvenient and intolerable. Otherwise this is an excellent bronzer that will last all day.

on 10/30/2010 10:46:00 PM

I like this bronzer because it's really pigmented and lasts all day. Every other bronzer I've used didn't seem to have very good staying power, were too powdery, and took a lot of product to see a result. With Hoola, sometimes one quick swipe is too much and it stays all day (16+ hours) without having to reapply. The cons are the price and the packaging. I wish it was in a compact. I feel like the box is too small to just lightly swipe a small amount. A large fluffy brush won't fit inside either. It took me awhile to buy this, I was hesitant to buy it because I felt it was too expensive and I was sure there was a comparable drug store product that would provide the same results. There aren't - not that I've found. So that being said, even though it is pricey, it's worth it because I will definitely use up this product and it seems as though it will last me awhile. The 6 other drugstore bronzers that I've tried will sit in my make up drawer. With the money I spent on those, I wish I would have just shelled out the $ for Hoola!

Popular Bronzers