BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

on 6/24/2010 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Love this highlighter. Only problem for me is that I have skin that gets oily throughout the day. When I use any kind of liquid make-ups such as liquid blush/highlighters etc. I feel like it is a watse because I have to go over my face with powder several times a day. Obviously after a while the highlighter gets covered up with powder and isnt as noticeable. So I like to stick with powder highlighters for this reason. But other than that this is good if you like to use liquids.

LOVE this so much! It really defines my cheekbones and makes them look higher. Its a silvery pinkish sheen! Its really easy to put too much of this on, but i just blend it out. Usually i use perfect topping over this also to 'set' it. I also use this as a brow hightlight sometimes. You can also mix this into your liquid foundation + body lotion. This is more dramatic than Moon Beam, so it really depends on your skintone + what you want. Its expensive, but ive had my bottle for almost 2 years. I would buy this again for sure

on 6/22/2010 11:01:00 AM

High Beam by Benifit is awesome!! It may be a bit much for day wear but It you are dress super cute and the rest of ur body has sme healthy shine its great!!
I took some new passport pics last month and High Beam made my pics look really great…it reflected the light perfectly .I apply by making V shape from my hairline just beyondthe corner of my eyes to upper cheeks and blend.teh result was a natural inner glow look(upper check highlight is more modern than a full apple blush ,I also apply my blush the same way).
Ensure that you use about 5 dots from the brush ,more than that may result in a "muddy" look if wearing powder. I would suggest using this with a creme foundation until u have gotten a knock at using it.
This definately gives my face a fresh look when I am I do my luminous,barely there makeup.
I took one lippy off bcus...the bottle doesnt close tightly when i try to tighten it "threads"(bf told me thats the term...it kinda goes back to being open)...smh..

on 6/20/2010 5:17:00 PM

this is a nice highlighter. I sometimes use it asa highlight near the inner corner of my eyes. It shines nicely, Not too shiny if ya know what I mean.

on 6/20/2010 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am impressed with this product. I found it in my stash from years ago. The bottle was about 70% full, so I know I must have used it and liked it at some point. I tried it again and know why I kept it. It works and it looks amazing. I am a high end girl all the way, Dior, Chanel, Guerlain... and out of all of those brands, I don't think any highlighting product has ever looked this subtle, yet doing exactly what it says it will do. I used it around my eyes and on my cheekbones. I had no creasing at all. Most recently I wore it yesterday, it was 95 degree's here and I was outside and it looked great hours later. I highly recommend it!

on 6/12/2010 11:19:00 AM

Been using this for years. Never fail product! The applicator is a little stingy but...i can put up with that for the glow this gives me. Never greasy, glittery or over the top!

on 6/11/2010 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

This is by far the best highlighter ever. The shimmers on this are not noticable at all, but you can tell that the highlighter makes such a difference. I've looked all around for dupes, but ended up taking a chance and purchasing this for $30 at a local shopper's drugmart. I'm really glad I did. The packaging is great came in a cute box and it looks like nailpolish. All you need is a tiny amount to highlight and your set. I use this everyday and it looks like it's going to last me for quite a while. None the less, this is surely an investment. Most definitly a HG item. Regardless of price... this is you get what you pay for. Also, the staying power for this is all day for me. I reccomend this item to anyone for a highlighter! Does it jobs way too good. Perfect score from me 10/10!

on 6/8/2010 7:31:00 AM

This product is a pale pink shimmer which is good for highlighting for a radiant look. It comes in a ridiculous package like a nail polish bottle. The tiny brush does make it hard to apply and the product dries fairly quickly on the skin so you have to blend ASAP. I have warmer tone skin but am fair and the color works for me BUT--do not use it over a powder foundation. I did that yesterday and the glow was more ashy and dry than dewey. I picked this over Nars Luxor mainly due to price but am kind of regretting it now. This liquid formula is so so if you have drier skin and can make your skin look a little patchy and the Nars multiple is more moisturizing (unfortunately it's $40 as opposed to under $30 for HB). This product should last a while because you need so little but it is not the best highlighter for me.

I dot this in a c-shape around my eyes after I've applied my foundation and pat it in with my finger. I find if I rub the product into my skin it doesn't really show up as much as I'd like it to, so patting is the best way to apply it from my experience. It adds an amazing dewy highlight without looking like chunks of glitter are on my face. I also use it to highlight my brow bone and sometimes I take a little but down my nose and on my cupid's bow. Amazing!

on 6/7/2010 4:37:00 PM

I pat this around the c's of my eyes and down my nose. It adds a nice glow to your face without glowing like a disco ball.

The nail polish bottle packaging is efficient for this kind of product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials