BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 4/30/2010 10:19:00 AM

Although the blending is awkward unless you use your fingertips as opposed to the brush, I find that if you apply the product in tiny dots, it blends much better. I don't always use it for highlighting my brow bone and my cheeks but I find it works great if applied along the front lower part of my legs, creating an elongated feel as well as highlighting my cleavage. I like the fact that it stays put on my skin and doesn't transfer onto my clothing. It also didn't cause any breakouts which is rare for my ridiculously sensitive skin

*Update* My super-attentive best friend asked me if I got any work done because I looked "fresh and dewy" and once I denied, she asked what foundation I was wearing and she was very pleased to find that on that evening I wore nothing but this highlighter on the highest points of my cheek bones, eyebrows and bridge of the nose.

First highlighter I ever purchased, and I liked it fine until I got a chance to sample other brands. I now find that it dries fast and is hard to blend, so I get a bit of a line of demarcation. Not what I was going for in a highlight. Much happier with swivel-stick products such as NARS Copacabana and Chantecaille Aquablush Radiance.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I brought this a few days ago and I now know it will be in my everyday makeup routine. I use this along with Posietint and it makes my complexion look...just so radiant!
I dab this along my cheekbones and temple and get the most radiant sheen.

Pros:
* lovely texture
* light pink base colour somehow perks up my skin
* does not contain glitter, it's a sheen that gives you the perfect glow
*lasts all day

Cons:
* way too expensive for what it is
* I don't like the nail polish type applicator. But it'll have to do.
* the concept of a highlighter is very dupeable, but I've found of all the ones I've tried, only this one lasts a full working day with NO touch up

Its going to take me a long time to finish this, but I'd buy again. Definately recommend!

on 4/25/2010 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like the shimmer this product gives, but I find the packaging and the formulation are a bit hard to work with. It is a creamy liquid so you have to be sure to blend it well so there isn't a stripe of highlight effect. The "nail polish" applicator isn't hugely helpful, but as long as you have a good synthetic brush to blend with, it is a lovely product.

This did not work for me at all. Didn't blend in with my skintone well and it looked obvious and tacky. I am sure based on reviews that this works on some people, I am just not one of them. Won't repurchase, but I might try Moonbeam.

I mainly use this in the summer. Gives me a nice healthy glow without all of the shimmer. Looks great with a tan. I said no to repurchasing since its such a huge bottle! Will last me forever and a day lol

I use this as a highlighter on my brow and cheek bones. Adore this stuff...I have for years. :)

on 4/19/2010 2:56:00 AM

My favorite highlighter. The first thing that drew me to BeneFit. Beautifully natural glow, sheer pinky color. and NOT shimmery, like most highlighting powders. I got it in the Legally Bronze set, which is such an excellent value. Comes with Hoola, High Beam, Gilded, and Bad Gal Brown for $35!

Might not be so great on oily skins, but do oily skinned people highlight anyway? I dunno.

Only thing I don't like about this highlighter is the applicator brush. It's packaged like a nail polish bottle, which is cute. But I don't think it's sanitary to dab it onto your face and dip it back into the bottle, especially when it's a liquid. The brush also carries too much product. I just dab some onto a Q-tip and dab it onto my cheekbones.

on 4/16/2010 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

WOW....! I can't believe I didn't know about this product earlier. I use 2 parallel short strokes on my cheekbones, dab using my ring finger, BLEND then I have really nice definition and I look soooo more radiant! My dull skin turns in to a natural glow. I am in LOVE with this product.

It doesn't turn out oily AT ALL and it never caused any breakouts for me and I have really sensitive skin!!!

I LOVE this product and will be using this almost everyday.

on 4/16/2010 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Love this - use it as a highlighter on my cheek bones and brow bones. Just gives a healthy, radiant glow.

Video Reviews & Tutorials