November 23, 2014 | 1991 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by MissKrimson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This definitely does not look good on yellow or golden undertoned skins because it is very pink and has a silver base. I prefer moon beam for warm tones.
    It is great because you can mix this with foundation/moisturizer/benetint/posietint and it will look great. Definitely use this for a pink or neutral undertoned person.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Makeupjunkie456

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the way this product looks on my skin, really suits my cool undertones. It is very shimmery so dont go made, just a dab or too and then blend, a little goes a long way, with this in mind the jar will last you forever, I cant even remember how long I have had mine. You can add it to your foundation to give you that dewy glow, Im sure there are other options too. I must confess I dont use it every day, but if I do decide I need a highlight or a little face boost I do reach for it. Just remember to use a light hand when applying. I find it best to stick to just one or two areas, either cheeks or temples for example, highlighting several areas on your face could be a bit overwhelming with this. Great item to have in your kit. Its not cheap but as I said it will last forever.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by aurora_stone

Sorry, I just don't get the hype! I find that it's very hard to spread evenly on the face. Even when I applied it with a brush, a cosmetics sponge, and my fingers, it still didn't spread evenly. In natural light, I looked like I have a mound of eyeshadow on my cheeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by eescobal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall this product is really good...gives you that dewy look to your face... I apply this on my cheekbones, nose, and sometimes my temples, inner corners of the eyes and brow bone. However, when applying this, you have to make sure that you blend the product REALLY WELL on your skin...otherwise it'll look like sticky shimmery glue on your face! It looks really shiny and noticeable in the sunlight, if you don't blend it very well...so you really have to blend blend blend! This product is too expensive for me...and for that, I would not buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by ambyk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall I do like this...gorgeous colour subtle shimmer. There are downsides. I find this way to sticky and very hard to blend on top of foundation. Its a mess. That being said I have found a new and better way to use it for me...I mix it into my foundation before applying. It gives a beautiful overall glow and finish...I get mega compliments when I do this.
    The packaging is awful. I agree with a previous review that it is unsanitary, dont apply to skin, put on a clean dry surface first. This product should be in a tube I have a feeling there is going to be an awful lot left in bottle that I won't be able to get out and the affects the $$ factor as well

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by clarefp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

love this highlighter, but find it a little to shimmery for daytime.

easily blended and nice light colour that can be darkened with blush and bronzer over the top

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by ahautepassion

Great highlighter. I dont like how it a little brush applicator though, like its disguising itself as nail polish. It creates a wonderful shimmer on my cheekbones. a teeny bit goes a long way. seriously. or youll look like a fairy

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2010 4:00:00 AM More reviews by LipstickCouture

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hate this product. BeneFit has great cutesy packaging, but quality of this just sucks. It has a poncy applicator (like nailpolish) and you dab it on and if you don't blend properly it just looks like a blob. It's also unsanitary to place it on the face and then re-insert into the bottle. I guess you could just put it on fingers then onto face....but oh, yes -again - unsanitary - you're just recycling bacteria. Why, oh, why - the high rating score??? - when there are Becca PSPs and Dior diamond highlighters out there. Maybe because it's more affordable?? who knows. I still, personally wouldn't waste my money.....JMHO though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by StarlightChaser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

High Beam is a great highlighter, I use it almost everyday and it gives me a lovely, glowy look that looks natural. The packaging is quite cute in my opinion, and even though it's not a cheap product it does last a really long time so it's definitely worth the price tag. I also like the fact that it's fluid, which makes it super easy to apply. Will definitely buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2010 6:06:00 AM More reviews by Supermewbs

I got this as a sample and I quite like it, it does it's job but be sure to blend it in well as the edges can be quite visible under bright light.

One thing I don't like about this is the sparkles, which isn't excessive but still annoying