September 2, 2014 | 1952 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by mandeemandee

I'm an NW20 and this work beautifully with my coloring. Painterly is my HG eye shadow base, and one pot seems to last forever! I've had mine since last MARCH and I've still got about 1/2 pot, it's still creamy and not dried out at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by crackedoblivion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've only been using Painterly for a week or so, but already I find myself leaving my UDPP to gather dust. It smooths perfectly over my eyelids and banishes creasing late into the night. TBH, I've been experimenting with Painterly as a lip eraser also with exciting results -- but you can do so at your own risk! Highly recommended as an eye primer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by vwzen81

Love it! I donít own very many MAC items (Iím more of an Urban Decay junkie) but this is one of those items that I will not let myself run out of. I use it as a base over my UDPP and it makes the shadows stick and look more vibrant; even more vibrant than the UDPP already makes them. Painterly matches my skin tone perfectly and helps to hide any discoloration I may have on my lids. I donít have one complaint about this product, not even the almost $20 price tag because this pot will last a very long time before Iíll have to buy a new one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by carolinee08

I REALLLLY wanted this paint pot for the longest time, and I finally went around to buying it. I've got to say, i expected a bit more from this.
Dont get me wrong, I like how the formula just glides onto your eye and has great staying power, i just feel like it doesnt do much to make my eyeshadow stand out and its more difficult to blend then it is with my Nxy Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick.
BUT I do like this paint pot on days where I dont feel like putting on much makeup so I opt for this to neutralize the discoloration on my eyelids.
Overall, I like this paint pot, just dont LOVE. Maybe I should try Soft Ochre? That being said though, I think I will repurchase mainly because I've grown to use it everyday.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by lillylou2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Everyone knows how great this is ...I just wanted to add my two cents:)
It's great...don't know why I took so long to try it. two thumbs way up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by lambin3d

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i've used UDPP on my eyes over and over again and i've always creased. I bought this in mind to help with the problem. I put a thin layer of this over the UDPP and voila! No creasing, i couldn't believe it. Its a very nice nude, matte color. The colors stayed all night, they were slightly more difficult to blend but totally manageable. Plan on buying again if i ever run out, HG for sure.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am torn with this product as same as other reviewers mentioned half the time it works and the other half it doesn't. I have never been a huge paint pot fan but everyone raves about these night and day lol. I have to say the indianwod and rubeneque colors I do like as they are rich and can be worn on their own as a shadow. These other neutral shades like painterly I ahve always wanted to try to use as a primer shadow base which many rave about it working so well as. Honestly 80% of the time I used this it creased for me. I don't have oily lids in any sense and just wanted to take a break from UDPP as I hate the stupid packaging and want to find a good primer where all the product is easy to get out. Anyways did like the color painterly left my lids and mainly liked u sing it as a base with jsut some bold eye liner for a matte clean look. SO for me whether on its own or with shadow over it just end up creasing like cheap concealer, which was a diappointment as I love MAC and really wanted to love this but it sucked! Will defnitely stick to the few paint pot actually colors I use as shadow, but thats it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by hurdles2003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Does a great job evening out the skin tone on my lids. Works well as an eyeshadow base, but some days it just seems to work better than others. For example, earlier this week, I went all day and into the evening with no creases. But yesterday, I had small creases on the inner half of my eye lid by noon. Not completely blaming this paint pot; I think it may have something to do with shadesticks I'm wearing. Overall, a quality product that I will probably repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2010 3:48:00 AM More reviews by stellaqlf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I read that it works well as a primer so I bought it and well it does work. I can't compare as this is the only primer I've used but it really makes the e/s stay on forever!

I never had any problem with e/s staying on but I just wanted to try it anyway, so glad I did!! Not only did it stay put through a whole night out dancing and sweating, it worked wonders on my lower eye, my eyeliner didn't smudge one bit even after my teary eye started working up!! And the colors were really bright with this as a base.

What I don't like tho is that it's a bit dry, I have to kinda melt it o the back of my hand before applying it, and if you put on too much it looks yuck!

I selected NO to buy this again cos I'd like to try other primer out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by xstephanieex33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great. I normally wear TFSI as an eyeshadow base, but on those days when I'm lazy or in a rush I always reach for this. It's great for evening out the skin tone on my eyelids. I'll put this all over my eye and then apply mascara and I'm good to go. I wouldn't repurchase this only because I've had it for a few months and have hardly made a dent in it. Buy this!!