July 31, 2014 | 1787 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by carolinee08

I REALLLLY wanted this paint pot for the longest time, and I finally went around to buying it. I've got to say, i expected a bit more from this.
Dont get me wrong, I like how the formula just glides onto your eye and has great staying power, i just feel like it doesnt do much to make my eyeshadow stand out and its more difficult to blend then it is with my Nxy Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick.
BUT I do like this paint pot on days where I dont feel like putting on much makeup so I opt for this to neutralize the discoloration on my eyelids.
Overall, I like this paint pot, just dont LOVE. Maybe I should try Soft Ochre? That being said though, I think I will repurchase mainly because I've grown to use it everyday.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by lillylou2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Everyone knows how great this is ...I just wanted to add my two cents:)
It's great...don't know why I took so long to try it. two thumbs way up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by lambin3d

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i've used UDPP on my eyes over and over again and i've always creased. I bought this in mind to help with the problem. I put a thin layer of this over the UDPP and voila! No creasing, i couldn't believe it. Its a very nice nude, matte color. The colors stayed all night, they were slightly more difficult to blend but totally manageable. Plan on buying again if i ever run out, HG for sure.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am torn with this product as same as other reviewers mentioned half the time it works and the other half it doesn't. I have never been a huge paint pot fan but everyone raves about these night and day lol. I have to say the indianwod and rubeneque colors I do like as they are rich and can be worn on their own as a shadow. These other neutral shades like painterly I ahve always wanted to try to use as a primer shadow base which many rave about it working so well as. Honestly 80% of the time I used this it creased for me. I don't have oily lids in any sense and just wanted to take a break from UDPP as I hate the stupid packaging and want to find a good primer where all the product is easy to get out. Anyways did like the color painterly left my lids and mainly liked u sing it as a base with jsut some bold eye liner for a matte clean look. SO for me whether on its own or with shadow over it just end up creasing like cheap concealer, which was a diappointment as I love MAC and really wanted to love this but it sucked! Will defnitely stick to the few paint pot actually colors I use as shadow, but thats it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by hurdles2003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Does a great job evening out the skin tone on my lids. Works well as an eyeshadow base, but some days it just seems to work better than others. For example, earlier this week, I went all day and into the evening with no creases. But yesterday, I had small creases on the inner half of my eye lid by noon. Not completely blaming this paint pot; I think it may have something to do with shadesticks I'm wearing. Overall, a quality product that I will probably repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2010 3:48:00 AM More reviews by stellaqlf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I read that it works well as a primer so I bought it and well it does work. I can't compare as this is the only primer I've used but it really makes the e/s stay on forever!

I never had any problem with e/s staying on but I just wanted to try it anyway, so glad I did!! Not only did it stay put through a whole night out dancing and sweating, it worked wonders on my lower eye, my eyeliner didn't smudge one bit even after my teary eye started working up!! And the colors were really bright with this as a base.

What I don't like tho is that it's a bit dry, I have to kinda melt it o the back of my hand before applying it, and if you put on too much it looks yuck!

I selected NO to buy this again cos I'd like to try other primer out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by xstephanieex33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great. I normally wear TFSI as an eyeshadow base, but on those days when I'm lazy or in a rush I always reach for this. It's great for evening out the skin tone on my eyelids. I'll put this all over my eye and then apply mascara and I'm good to go. I wouldn't repurchase this only because I've had it for a few months and have hardly made a dent in it. Buy this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by jaerfe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since Too Faced and UDPP didn't work for me, I decided to head over to MAC for a non shimmery base. The MA suggested Painterly and since then, I've been hooked! I got this in February and have been using it everyday and a year later, I still have plenty left! The only concern I have with this product is the packaging, maybe MAC could invest in a better airtight safe package so the product doesn't dry out quickly? Otherwise, I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by gigilovesmac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I always use an eye shadow base. I find it makes whatever eye shadow I'm wearing look a lot better because I have dark eyelids. Plus, it keeps my eye shadow looking fresh and creaseless for hours. I love MAC Paints, so I decided to try this. I immediately loved the color of this in the pot. Painterly is a pale, creamy, beige that leans towards pink. It reminds me of my old favorite Untitled paint. I wouldn't wear this color on my lids without eye shadow because it would look off with my fair Mediterranean skin. That's okay though because this looks gorgeous under any eye shadow. I love it under pinks and purples. The pink tone in Painterly really makes my pink and purple eye shadows pop. It works wonderfully with neutral eye looks too. Painterly doesn't have any shimmer or frost, just a nice, matte finish. So, I would say this paint pot is very versatile and a must-have!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 7:42:00 AM More reviews by cookies28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never used a primer/base before this... wait, I used the loreal decrease which sucked and some sticky face concealer that sucked too. I'm actually going to get the UDPP soon but anyway, yah this is some pretty good stuff. Painterly matches my skintone really well. The reason why I got this was because I was too lazy to go to Sephora so I just went to Mac. I wanted to get a primer because I wanted my stupid eyeliner to stop smudging. Anyway, I like to wear eyeshadows now a lot and I always apply this under. Today I actually didn't wear it just to see how the eyeshadows would come out... BIG difference. This stuff really does bring out shadow colors and helps have it stay on. Love it but I'm excited to try the UDPP.