MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 5/3/2010 4:36:00 PM

II know a lot of people like this product and I was so ready to love it but I really don't.

I was hoping that it would be a nice product that I could wear alone that would brighten up my eyes but it is a bit too dark for my skin tone to do that. So I though I could use it as a base. I have heard raves about this product as a base so I assumed it would work pretty well. Not so much. I put on a thin layer of painterly then lightly dust with my other shadows and those shadows look cakey. I can't put a thin enough layer of this paint pot so that it doesn't look cakey. It also feels pretty heavy and attaches itself to any dryness on my eye looking flaky. To top it off this stuff creases.

I've used other cream shadows from benefit and TheBalm (which sadly I believe are discontinued) which work wonders and leave a very nice finish. I am disappointed by Mac's cream shadows. I won't repurchase.

on 5/3/2010 4:05:00 PM

If I could give this ten stars I would. I wear this everyday under all eyeshadows as a base. I never have creasing, and fading is minimal. Perfect shade for my fair skintone. I will never wear eyeshadow without this again. A must have from MAC, works with everything, and even alone. You have to screw the lid on really tight or the product will dry out as it is creamy, which is my only problem with the packaging. I love you, Painterly.

on 5/2/2010 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not on this particular one for me but (Delft) the cap keeps coming loose, like unscrewing part way which is annoying but what can you do? That being said, I really like Painterly and nothing is perfect. The consistency is creamy and this glides on well both with fingertips or a brush. I love the color because it is almost devoid of color, a true nude base to provide an even and rich canvas for your shadows. This helps to avoid creasing and gives your shadow staying power and a bit of a more complex hue that's truer to the e/s pan. I love using this and would recommend to anyone, a little goes a long way and the small jar will last you quite a while so long as you don't get a rogue loose cap that you have to babysit!!

I use this every day on top of UDPP to even out my lids. My eyeshadow does not budge at all. No creasing or fading. It will stay like that until I wash everything off. 12 to 18 hours. MAC PP's are the best.

good staple to have in collection. I use mine everyday to prime my lids and i do not experience any creasing.

on 4/30/2010 1:25:00 AM

I love the color of this paint pot but on my skin (NC25-NC30) it shows up a bit pink. I also have this in soft ochre which matches my skin better. MAC paint pot is a very generous size product and even with everyday use, it will still take a while before the pot is empty. The price is $16.50 and well worth it cause there's a lot of product in the pot. It can be a bit drying but with a primer it helps blend easily. I also use this on my lips instead of concealer, and let me tell you, this stuff makes lipstick and lipgloss last longer. It mutes very pigmented lips and is great as a base for lipsticks that are too dark.

on 4/30/2010 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I own 4 paint pots and painterly is one of my favourites after bare study. It looks very boring in the little pot; it almost looks like a concealor. However this makes a great eyeshadow primer for medium skinned toned ladies. It will really intensify any eyeshadow and give it a boost. Ironically i have very dry skins but very oily lids. Even when i wear painterly i get creasing within 5 hours of application. I do feel it's a lot creamier than bare study and rubenesque, but not enough to remain tacky. Overall is a pretty decent primer, especially for poeple who don't have very oily lids.

on 4/29/2010 2:30:00 AM

I love this product!! I think it works even better than TFSI!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Painterly, oh Painterly, how I love thee. Love this product it's literally like glue for eyeshadow without the texture of glue. Goes on smooth and finishes smooth. I, unfortunately, was hoping that it would work as a primer AND base for my eye shadows, but alas my lids are so dang oily it was a no go. You get a huge amount for the price you pay (16.50) that even with daily use, which I do, I think this would last close to a lifetime. In a nutshell I love the texture, love how smooth it makes your eyelid area look, love the very natural color and overall just love, love, love!

on 4/26/2010 1:02:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This is my go to base. Creates a nice smooth surface. Doesn't crease on me & keeps my shadow vibrant & fresh looking. On me it's completely flesh colored & for days/nights that i need a little extra staying power i'll put a little UDPP on first. Then nothing moves, lol.

Top Rated MAC Products