MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 4/26/2010 1:02:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This is my go to base. Creates a nice smooth surface. Doesn't crease on me & keeps my shadow vibrant & fresh looking. On me it's completely flesh colored & for days/nights that i need a little extra staying power i'll put a little UDPP on first. Then nothing moves, lol.

on 4/22/2010 3:06:00 PM

I like the color and texture. However, I don't know why this shade creases on my lids. I use very little and unless I wear a primer, it will crease. This happens with certain shades. I am NC30 and find that foundation works about the same to give me the blank canvas to start with.

on 4/21/2010 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite paint pot of the paints I've tried. I love that it's MATTE which is hard to find in the paints/paint pots. On me, the color is a ballet pink. It's smooth and because it is matte and lighter colored, it really brightens up my whole area and doesn't look heavy like chunky shimmery eyeshadows do on my deep set eyes. The light color also looks nice against my fair skin and is great for an everyday look because it's easy and works with virtually any eyeliner. Definitely worth trying if you have paler skin.

on 4/20/2010 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I use this product everyday. Its been pretty good to me. Athough, after -6 hrs of wearing it, its creases up. 6 hrs is not bad at all. I just touch up and Im good to go.

on 4/20/2010 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have used MAC paint pots before and have had good luck. However, with this one - my shadow actually creased! I was so disappointed!

Also, the color was not really brightening at all, and that is something I like about primers.

There are many other primers you can get for less money, that are more effective.

on 4/18/2010 3:28:00 AM

This stuff is my HG eye primer! I've tried all the other major ones, Laura Geller Eye Spackle, UDDP, UD Sin, TSFI and this is by far the best for me. I have oily lids and am a yellow-toned NC20 Asian and it seems to be the only thing that actually stays on my lids and prevents the eyeshadow that I put on it from creasing. It makes my eyeshadow last for about 6-8 hours, which is probably the longest eye makeup has ever lasted. I also like that it has really nice coverage, and it matches my skin on my eyelids pretty well, so if I have any imperfections on my lids or a little darkness if I haven't gotten enough sleep it definitely covers those up completely and evens out my skintone. I even like that packaging...it feels very luxurious because it's in a glass pot and I've found that I've had no problems with the product drying. I always close it as tight as possible and store it upside down like my BB gel eyeliners, and I think it really helps with it not drying out. Mac is also definitely very generous with their portions here and one tub seems to last forever. I will definitely repurchase this product again, it's absolutely perfect!

on 4/16/2010 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Paint Pots in general are some of my favorite products to use as eyeshadow bases. They're smooth, easy to apply & do wonders for your eyeshadows! Shadows applied over Paint Pots are more vibrant & don't crease throughout the day. Painterly is so great because it's flesh toned so it can be used under any shadow. If your looking for a very versatile eyeshadow base - definitely go with Painterly.

on 4/14/2010 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff works great! I use it as an eyeshadow primer and it works beautifully. My eyeshadows never crease or fade away. This stuff is amazing! The little jar lasts a really long time too! Forget UDPP this is by far the best eyeshadow primer!

on 4/13/2010 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was really into UDPP as a base for eyeshadow but I kept hearing other makeup gurus talk about painterly paint pot as a base so I had to try it. I find myself grabbing for the paint pot more than the UDPP. I like it because it does a great job of covering any discolouration on my lids as well as providing an awesome long wearing base for eyeshadow. For super long days I use UDPP and layer painterly on top. My eye makeup looked amazing still 13 hrs later. I would recommend this for sure.

This product is amazing. My eyeshadow stays in place, will not fade, crease or move with this on! it is like a magnet. i would highly suggest MAC paintpots for everyone.