September 19, 2014 | 1815 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I have Painterly and Rubenesque, I like Painterly for everyday neutral look. I have oily skin and it last good 5-6 hours where UDPP does last longer on me w/out creasing. But overall, it is smooth, creamy, great beginner paint pot!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by golderappleoferis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This was one of my first paint pots and still one of my favorite! I use it almost daily depending on what type of look I am doing. It just blanks your lid out which is great for me cause I am so fair that you can see little veins and what not on my lids. I have tried this alone as a base for a partial makeup day and it did very well but for days that I am working a hard long full day I add some extra insurance of UDPP just in case. I do that with any base really so it is nothing about this one in particular. The only thing that I have bad to say about paint pots in general is they are hard to blend and once they are set if they arent even you are going to have an uneven finish to your eyeshadow BUT practice makes perfect and you learn as time goes on. I also think that this is a great beginner paint pot to learn with then you can move on to other cool colors like bare study and construstivist as well as some of the other darker colors that they offer. The only reason why I say to start with this and move onto the darker ones is because of the blending part and getting them nice and even.
I hope this help some folks in their purchases cause I love this paint pot and all of MACs paint pots in general!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by mexiangel25

Use this everyday!!!! Even when I don't use eyeshadow, the peachyness color helps to reduce the blue undertones in my eyelids.
This definitely helps to make your shadows pop but it doesn't aid that much in preventing creasing. I always put this on top of TFSI. It's a base not a primer.
Because of the creasing factor it only gets 4 stars.
However, it's still a staple in my makeup routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by mandeemandee

I'm an NW20 and this work beautifully with my coloring. Painterly is my HG eye shadow base, and one pot seems to last forever! I've had mine since last MARCH and I've still got about 1/2 pot, it's still creamy and not dried out at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by crackedoblivion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've only been using Painterly for a week or so, but already I find myself leaving my UDPP to gather dust. It smooths perfectly over my eyelids and banishes creasing late into the night. TBH, I've been experimenting with Painterly as a lip eraser also with exciting results -- but you can do so at your own risk! Highly recommended as an eye primer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by vwzen81

Love it! I donít own very many MAC items (Iím more of an Urban Decay junkie) but this is one of those items that I will not let myself run out of. I use it as a base over my UDPP and it makes the shadows stick and look more vibrant; even more vibrant than the UDPP already makes them. Painterly matches my skin tone perfectly and helps to hide any discoloration I may have on my lids. I donít have one complaint about this product, not even the almost $20 price tag because this pot will last a very long time before Iíll have to buy a new one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by carolinee08

I REALLLLY wanted this paint pot for the longest time, and I finally went around to buying it. I've got to say, i expected a bit more from this.
Dont get me wrong, I like how the formula just glides onto your eye and has great staying power, i just feel like it doesnt do much to make my eyeshadow stand out and its more difficult to blend then it is with my Nxy Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick.
BUT I do like this paint pot on days where I dont feel like putting on much makeup so I opt for this to neutralize the discoloration on my eyelids.
Overall, I like this paint pot, just dont LOVE. Maybe I should try Soft Ochre? That being said though, I think I will repurchase mainly because I've grown to use it everyday.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by lillylou2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Everyone knows how great this is ...I just wanted to add my two cents:)
It's great...don't know why I took so long to try it. two thumbs way up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by lambin3d

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i've used UDPP on my eyes over and over again and i've always creased. I bought this in mind to help with the problem. I put a thin layer of this over the UDPP and voila! No creasing, i couldn't believe it. Its a very nice nude, matte color. The colors stayed all night, they were slightly more difficult to blend but totally manageable. Plan on buying again if i ever run out, HG for sure.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am torn with this product as same as other reviewers mentioned half the time it works and the other half it doesn't. I have never been a huge paint pot fan but everyone raves about these night and day lol. I have to say the indianwod and rubeneque colors I do like as they are rich and can be worn on their own as a shadow. These other neutral shades like painterly I ahve always wanted to try to use as a primer shadow base which many rave about it working so well as. Honestly 80% of the time I used this it creased for me. I don't have oily lids in any sense and just wanted to take a break from UDPP as I hate the stupid packaging and want to find a good primer where all the product is easy to get out. Anyways did like the color painterly left my lids and mainly liked u sing it as a base with jsut some bold eye liner for a matte clean look. SO for me whether on its own or with shadow over it just end up creasing like cheap concealer, which was a diappointment as I love MAC and really wanted to love this but it sucked! Will defnitely stick to the few paint pot actually colors I use as shadow, but thats it.