December 21, 2014 | 898 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2008 1:40:00 AM More reviews by jean95404

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've read the reviews and wanted to buy one, but the price is just a little much don't you think? Then I saw that QVC has it available on four easy payments, and they have the very best return policy. If you don't like an item, return it within thirty days.

So, I ordered one. I am sixty years old, and have consistantly been mistaken (to my delight) for someone in her forties. But in the past few months I've noticed little brown pigment spots and increased incidents of millia (sp?) appearing. Resistant little irritants and hard to get rid of.

In less than one week of using the Clairsonic I was able to easily extricate the hard white millia. The brown spots? Definately lighter.

My left cheekbone had developed hard little bumps that no amount of cleaning, exfoliating or firm rubbing with Philosophys Micro-Dermabrasion Scrub could eliminate. Within two days of twice daily usage, the bumps were gone. Overall pores are clean, clean, clean!

After cleansing, the skin just seems to slurp up skin treatment serums to much better effect.

My mother (southern belle type with gorgeous skin at 78) asked if I was doing something different because my skin was so "luminous". Guess what she's going to get for Valentine's Day!!

Yes, it's pricey, but factoring in microdermabrasion treatments at my estheticians, facials and how much better skin serums work, this will pay for itself quite quickly.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 7:30:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've heard about it, read about it...but I didn't "get it" until Santa got it for me, and, as it turns out, I really love it! Even on my sensitive, rosacea prone, ultra dry, mature skin, the results are quite incredible! Clarisonic is really fast and easy to use, convenient to clean and store and works well with all of my (many, many) cleansers. My face feels absolutely amazing after using this (with the sensitive head)... baby soft and totally smooth with zero irritation (and I get redness and itchy bumps from just about every scrub and peel out there, including salon treatments). At age 60, trying to be "buff" is pretty far fetched, but having a "buff" face is awesome!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 10:48:00 AM More reviews by ylrebmik7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

If you're confused on the various colors/models/prices of the Clarisonic - the above link is very helpful.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 6:39:00 PM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on the hype and also based on the fact that the Sonicare toothbrush was absolutely the best beauty tool purchase I've ever made. I figured, why not apply the same principal to cleanse my face? Well, to put it simply, my face didn't like this AT ALL. Even after lots of experimentation w/ the brush heads, settings and frequency, using the Delicate brush head at the one-minute setting only 1-2x a week still made my skin develop rough, bumpy patches that would go away as soon as I stopped using the Clarisonic. I really could kick myself since my skincare routine was working just fine for me, but I had to go and try and make it better. To sum up this review: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Lesson learned, I'm sending it back. Anyway, I wouldn't call buying this a complete waste of money since at least I know now to stay away instead of pining for it. I'd just suggest buying it from a retailer w/ a good return policy, possibly one w/ free return shipping (I think you know who I'm talking about).

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2008 1:07:00 PM More reviews by olelala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It took me a long time to cough up the $200 on this machine. I am so glad I finally did! I have acne-prone, oily skin, and this little brush cleared up all the congestion. Due to my problematic skin, I hardly leave the house without a full face of makeup on. I used to think I did it all - makeup remover, washing my face twice, using a scrub occasionally, toner, lotion, etc. I used this brush, and the bristles were beige after my cleansing! Obviously, I was not getting everything out of my pores. 2 weeks later, my skin has a noticeable glow to it, and is becoming smoother and more even! Breakouts are lessening, as it seems to shake everything out of those pores! Any zits that do appear are smaller, and heal faster. It is REALLY gentle to the face, and I use it usually twice a day (in the morning and at night) with Murad's AHA/BHA Cleanser or Murad's Clarifying Gel Cleanser. Brushes are somewhat expensive, but they only need to be replaced every 3 months and less than $10 a month is well worth it for the most wonderful skin you'll ever have. Trust me, you will love this!

ADVICE: If you register your brush online, they send you a new brush head for free!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2008 11:01:00 AM More reviews by SusanMary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive acne-prone skin and used this for about 9 months and never saw any difference. At 9 months it just stopped working. Could not be repaired. Not worth it imo.

I am updating. I re-purchased and have been using for a couple of months. I definitely see a difference in my skin with clearer pores and less breakouts. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they have improved the quality and that it lasts this time.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2008 9:42:00 AM More reviews by LinDo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first time I've written a review on a product, but this is an investment in your skin at a hefty price of $200 or thereabouts, so I decided to add to the reviews.

I waited a long time to give in to this lemming! My skin is mature, but very prone to clogs. I have obvious pores that I've hated my whole adult life. I've spent hundreds of dollars on skincare, so I finally broke down and got myself this tool.

I have not been disappointed. NO OTHER treatment has made the difference that this has to my skin. My pores are looking so much more refined, and oddly, I'm not as oily, but more normal. Of course, it's winter so I'm getting the effects of the cold weather too.

It is a pleasure to use, really wakes up my skin. My cheeks even looks rosier! I got some sample Clarisonic cleansers, but I use my regular cleansers, and have had NO irritation or problems since I started. It has only been a few weeks, can't wait to review how I feel after six months!

I don't know what differences you would see if you have clear poreless skin, but if you have any blemishes, pores, blackheads, acne, IMO, you may want to give this little machine a try. I believe my treatments are becoming more effective, since my skin is cleaner and no build up of dead skin cells (sorry!).

There is a sensitive skin head and a lower speed for the delicate skin types. My skin is not sensitive, so I really can't speak for how it would work for you, other than I can see how much gentler the low speed is.

Unlike some, I didn't get an extra head with my purchase, so shop around, there are some deals to be had out there. The new heads are expensive too, $25, and they rec you change it every 2-3 months.

Overall, so far, I really recommend this product, even at this price. I've spent far more on products that have not touched my skin issues.

AFter Six MONths: I still LOVE this product, and the good news is I rarely use it more than twice a week. I don't need to! My instinct tells me if you are sensitive or dry skinned, this is not for you, but if you are congested and clogprone, it could be very helpful.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2008 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Aonn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was not sure about it, but I've used it a month and my skin looks pretty good. Although I have oily skin with a rare breakout and large pores across by nose and cheeks, I have no wrinkles and my skin was fairly nice to start with. I use the sensitive brush for 2 min once a day with any soap or cleanser I have in reach. My skin has a healthy glow, the blackheads are significantly reduced, and all in all I'm very pleased. I still don't have perfect skin, but it really looks nice and I could omit foundation if I want because it's so clear and even looking. I'm hoping to see more improvement as time passes.
I'm only giving a 4 out of 5 rating because of the product is so expensive. I have to admit though, after years of using every scrub on the market, the Clarisonic gives much better results in a shorter period of time. It really is a very good product and delivers what it promises in terms of improved texture and clarity to the skin. This is one product where the marketing term "makeup optional" is not just a bunch of hot air.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2008 6:23:00 PM More reviews by V4Valkyrie

I was hesitant like many may be in spending around $200 for a skincare brush. But this is one of those investments I will never regret buying. Being a college student, I thought that I didn't need the Clarisonic, that my skin was in its "prime". I did not break out often, but I do have blackheads and noticeable pores. I tried using many AHA/BHA products, and different kind of masks that promised to reduce blackheads. Although some did show results, nothing was compared to the Clarisonic. I truly believe in order to have flawless makeup, you need great looking skin. The Clarisonic helped me achieve that. I have been using this for almost 3 months. I use this every night with my Philosophy Purity Cleanser. I saw results within my first week of using the Clarisonic. My pores were invisible, my skin was so smooth. My blackheads were greatly diminished. I am more comfortable without a full face of makeup. After using the Clarisonic, I just wear some sunscreen and head out of the house on my lazy days. I am so happy that I bought this. I was using the Shiseido Skincare Brush for years, and thought that it was enough. However the Clarisonic really changed the way I looked at skincare, and how important taking care of my skin should be. Lets face it ladies, even with the best concealer and foundation, makeup can't cover everything. We need to change the way we take care of our skin first. I wash my Clarisonic by taking off the brush head and leaving in it boiled water for about 2-3 minutes. I do this about once a week. Those of you who found that using the Clarisonic makes you break out, try washing your brush.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2008 4:24:00 PM More reviews by semarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have just received this this week and am only commenting on its cleansing abilities for now. I absolutely love this! I am a makeup wearer (full foundation and everything) and have been using makeup towelletes to thoroughly remove my makeup and using a gentle cleanser afterwards, and have always thought that was enough to cleanse my skin. Well, after doing my cleansing routine at night the first day I received my clarisonic, I decided to go ahead and test it out with Kate Somerville cleanser that was a bonus (which is clear) and I was absolutely shocked at how the lather had started to turn brown! ICK!! My face had not been getting as clean as I thought it had with just the towelletes and cleanser alone!! After using this product, my skin feels more clean-and I don't feel like I'll ever need to go get a facial again because I can already tell a huge difference in just how my skincare products are now melting into my skin rather that sitting on top! I ordered this through QVC and it came with 3 different brush heads, Kate Sommerville cleanser which I think smells divine, and 3 tubes of their 1 oz. clarisonic cleanser. You're supposed to replace your brush head every 3-4 months of use daily. Also, came with a card that said if you registered your clarisonic, you get an extra brush head of your choice! Just registered it today and they're sending one in 4-6 weeks! I love the fact that your whole family can use it- each family member can have their own brush head to pop into the unit-so you wouldn't have to spend another $195 for the kit-just buy them a brush head for $25 and keep it charged up for sure!! I highly recommend this for cleansing!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No