December 21, 2014 | 1838 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2009 2:59:00 AM More reviews by ickdragon

I grew up with the classic blue jar of Nivea in my bathroom. My entire family used it, even the boys.

Now a days, I tend to reserve it's use for around the eyes only since the heavy formula is too rich for my oily skin. My super sensitive eye skin loves this stuff and drinks it right up. It's great for removing leftover eye makeup as well.

Nivea cream also works wonders for angry summer skin. Simply apply a generous amount onto the sunburn and you will feel immediate relief. It's slightly cool feeling at first - and takes it's time sinking in depending on the degree of the burn - but it helps alleviate the tight, burnt skin sensation. It obviously will moisturize the heck out of the burnt skin and it has really helped lessen the amount of peeling I've had with my past sunburns.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by april647

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Your grandmother probably used this creme, and trust me, she knew what she was doing. They sell it in a tube now in addition to the classic tin, and although it has all kinds of uses, for me, it's the perfect hand cream. Just a dab will provide intense moisture with no greasy feeling and instantly wipe out any dry, rough spots on my hands and cuticles. My mother used to use it on her hands too when I was a child, and the scent still reminds me of her. Even in price-inflated NYC, a tube of this costs me $3.49 at my drugstore. For such a classic, high-quality product, that's a deal if I ever saw one. What more could you want?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 1:37:00 AM More reviews by PawPawGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

THIS IS A CLASSIC. I have used this for many many years. I had to ask my friends from France to bring it to me but it is now available in the US.
It is THICK, a tad greasy, but it's perfect for night application, after a shower. It does what's it's supposed to: hydrate, moisturize, soften, protect. The smell is not overwhelming.
in a pinch, i have used it as a cuticle cream. I generally don't use it on my hands because I find it a bit greasy and I like to read after putting on my night cream.
It comes in all kinds of containers, some that have nice screw on tops, ideal for traveling. They also make mini boxes as travel size or for your purse.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Rinchi9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Would I buy this product again (and again and again...)? Heck yes! This is my favorite cream of all time. It's been an inventory in my household since I can remember, always couple of them lying around. I'm a hand cream junkie and I like trying out new stuff; sometimes I even wish I'd try something new and fall in love, just for change sake. I've gone l'occitane, the body shop, vichy, nuxe, neutrogena, dior, avenne.... God knows what, I can't remember all of them... And I ALWAYS come back. Just when I think "wow, this one might work from now on..." Nope, takes me right back to Nivea. Super-thick, super-moisturizing multi-purpose wonder. Besides this, Nivea makes my favorite body lotion, the one in pale-blue bottle. Love it! Nivea <3

PS. I 'm from Europe so this is, I believe a trademark cream, the one every family has, part of household inventory. I have never been in anyone's bathroom not to find this cream on their shelf! Really! I read there's a Mexican version of this cream, and I hope it's just as good as the German one I've been using all my life!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by lilplayer637

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I first used the Mexico version for my face because I hadn't found the German version yet. I live in the OC and finally found a European market in my area in Huntington Beach i got a tin 150 ml for $9.95 they also have a bigger one for 15 or the 400ml for 20 dollars i stuck with the 150ml since its only for my face. I use the Mexico version for my body its so moisturizing for my eczema /psoriasis skin . I use other face and body moisturizers to but love this stuff to.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Asen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nivea Creme has been around for a long time indeed. It comes in a blue tin or plastic jar. There are a few things you should know about Nivea Creme before you purchase it
*Golden Rule*- Only by Nivea Creme in the tin jar not the plastic one
simply because in my opinion i feel the creme in the tin jar is better quality than in the plastic jar. Some people say there are no differences but for me there is.

Pros
1. Multi purpose moisturiser for face, hands, body, feet etc i use it on my face after i cleanse and tone.
2. Pleasant fresh smell.
3. Will not give you spots or pimples
4. Only a small amount is needed
5. Cheap and comes in all different sizes

Cons
1. Some people may fine it difficult to spread but a tip is to take a small amount warm it between your fingers then pat on to your face and your good to go

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by celesteakabeaddict

I love this rich moisturizing cream!! I don't love the tin it comes in though, comes apart too easily - not good for keeping in your purse. Other than that - it is another great Nivia product!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Kitten27

For 99c and good reviews, I had to try this.

The cream itself is super thick and applying it to the face requires a bit of time. It doesn't absorb as fast since it's so thick but it does leave the skin super soft. When I say soft, I mean SOFT. Great thing is, it also works great for the body. Talk about multi-tasking. It's very impressive. My knees and elbows are now so soft and moisturized.

Only a small amount is enough for the face so I think this will last me a long long time. My only concern is the packaging. I have this in the tin and the cap is not as secure as I'd want it to be especially after thinking of bringing this while I travel (how convenient to have a body and face lotion that's cheap and effective).

I am in love with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2009 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Brittina923

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very moisturizing, very THICK, very amazing! Trust me even if an aligator used this it would have smooth skin.

The only problem is that its kind of greasy if you ask me so use it sparingly

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by SpecialRed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have very dry, sensitive skin. I was looking for a moisturizer to make my skin soft and hydrated without spending to much money. So I used the moisturizers in the drugstores only. I became very disappointed with most, they were to watery and some made my skin drier! Then I came across Nivea Creme. This is the best moisturizer ever!!!! I use the creme during winter or whenever my skin is super dry, because during summer my skin becomes more normal and then I use the Nivea Soft, which leaves your skin so so soft.
My only con about this is that if you use too much your skin will be a grease ball and will not soak in the skin that great, so use only a little bit and you are set. I will continue to buy this, but I don't think I would be running out anytime soon since it lasts forever.