April 17, 2014 | 1904 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by abbyfae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I needed a setting powder really bad, I was at my local drugstore and this product was on sale, so I gave it a shot. I got the shade 001 - Transluscent, seeing that I have very fair skin.

First of all, I liked that even though it was "transluscent", it wasn't white. It has a very sheer beige tone to it, which makes it look less chalky than white powder. It doesn't cake, but it does tend to look very powdery on dry area. It is also very easy to put too much on - have a light touch. That being said, it does a pretty good job at keeping the skin matte and oil-free - I usually touch it up maybe once or twice during the day, because my nose gets oily, but that's it.

I have a pretty clear skin to begin with, no oil problems or anything, so I didn't need much aside from it to set my foundation when I wear some - it does that very well. It didn't break me out. I don't like the packaging, but I'll get over it. I like it, it's better than having no powder at all, but when I run out, I might give another product a try - or purchase again, we'll see.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by paigeallison

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I had run out of my MAC Mineralize powder, and this powder caught my eye. I was extremely hesitant to buy it because of the fact I had used the Stay Matte foundation and it didn't work for me.
But it was only $4, and it looked promising!

I used it all up! I would set it over tinted moisturizer and was instantly getting so many people telling me how great my skin looked! I was so surprised! It covered my skin so well, I was able to use it without the tinted moisturizer and with just concealer.

I ran out, started using Elizabeth Arden powder and am ditching that, and now I'm hearing rave reviews on NYC loose powder, so I'm looking into that next!
I would buy Rimmel again,but I want to use loose powders!

Will definitely repurchase if the NYC powder fails me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by marippe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i use the transparent kind over my mac pro longwear foundation&concealer to set it, and it works pretty well! i just wish the lid actually snapped/screwed onto the base of the product

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2010 8:04:00 AM More reviews by evilwitch

It's a good powder, probably not the best I used but for the last 2 years I only used this one, I don't feel the need to try something else, and I usually like to try new stuff. I only used it in translucent , and on top of colorstay foundation ( another thing that I didn't change once I bought the first bottle 2-3 years ago). I have oily forehead and nose and pretty dry cheeks (especially during winter time) and compared to other powders that make the skin look even drier this one has no negative effect on the dry skin. For the oily parts it doesn't last all day, it lasts around 4-5 hours.
So yes a very good powder, I didn't even realized how good it is until I wrote the pluses down. Oh and another big plus, it's pretty cheap, so you get a good quality and a pretty big amount (it lasts around 3 months used every day) on a low price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by sweetshiningstar

I haven't been using many drugstore products lately, but on days where all I do is run errands, I turn to them to save money.

I've been buying this pressed powder for years, and it's fantastic. I don't use it as foundation, but as a setting powder. I have it in silky beige. It is pretty soft on the face, milled to a nice consistency.

I use it to set liquid foundation, or as a blot powder when I'm at home. I love it because it's buildable and always blends into my skin. Plus, it has that matte finish, which is great.

It's not like HG mattifying for hours, but nothing is for me. So for a drugstore product, this is a must-have.

The only thing is the container really needs to be a screw on. Right now it's a lift straight up plastic lid with nothing to really keep it from falling off in your purse. That could definitely be fixed. Same packaging as with their natural bronzers. They only have a tiny grip!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 10:28:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Nothing special. The powder is not too pigmented, which is good, as the shade I got (silky beige) is lighter than my skin. It mattifies just fine. It's nothing special to me, though, and I probably don't need it, as I have no need for "shine control" (I have no oil on my face, I have dry skin). Also, the packaging is irritating, the little screw lid does not screw on securely. Overall *I* would not buy again, though if you are looking for a decent cheap mattifying drugstore powder, and you have oily skin, this would probably work just fine.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Ta3yang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

it doesnt really work for me. i have an oily nose and when i put it on it looks REALLY powdery. like you could blow on it and powder would fly everywhere. i dont even put on a lot! its just like the very tip of the brush and it doesnt even last that long and it makes my makeup look really cakey. im just gonna use it up and not buy this thing again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by girlfromtahiti

Of all the finishing/setting powders I have used, this is the one I keep coming back to. It really does give my shiny Tzone a matte finish & it hasn't clogged my pores. I have this in the Translucent and Silky Beige. If only it came with a small brush or sponge.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2010 3:57:00 AM More reviews by StupidCupid4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A pretty good pressed powder. Regardless of what powder I try, my face gets shiny within 2 hours. This product feels smooth on my skin and blends nicely (I have the transparent one.) Unlike the NYC pressed powder, this doesn't get those weird rocky clumps in it; it stays smooth in the tin. I would buy again because I love Rimmel, it does a decent job, is pretty affordable and doesn't make me break out. The packaging sucks though, the lid "twists" on but doesn't lock -- it pops right off -- pretty pointless if you ask me. Best not to take this on travel -- I keep it on my dresser at all times and a separate powder in my purse.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by superlemon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up in Sandstorm (004) and it matches my skin PERFECTLY. I was amazed. It's a huge pan of powder for dirt cheap, and it works as well as any other powder I've tried. I put it on with the EcoTools retractable kabuki (love!) and it doesn't look cakey or super powdery and it does seem to minimize the appearance of my pores. It doesn't keep me matte for hours on end, but at this point I'm convinced that nothing on this earth can mattify my nose for more than an hour at a time, so I can't say it's really a flaw on the product's part. A lot of people hate the packaging; it doesn't really bother me. A mirror would be nice, but for the price I'm not going to complain.