August 2, 2014 | 1569 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by erinjmt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this powder for mattifying my oily skin. I use translucent and it works year-round.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by coursoncharm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

At first, I wasnt going to purchase this because Ive been afraid to waste more money on Rimmel face products after trying the terrible Stay Matte foundation. But my Target had a bogo free sale, so I went for it. Definitely ten steps up from its foundation counterpart! Makes my foundation matte and gives my skin a poreless finish. I had a cashier tell me that my skin looked like a porcelain doll! Has a nice, clean scent and I find myself not having to touch up (I dont have oily skin though). My favorite pressed powder. Only downfall is the packaging, its a twist off top, but I can just pop the top off without twisting, not purse friendly .

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by leslieb

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nothing amazing but it is good and the price is great. Looks natural and offers some oil control.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by RachaelSmileys

I love this pressed powder, i own it in the shade 006 warm beige (even though i am extremely fair this seemed to match). it keeps my slightly oily skin looking matte for hours and covers my pores nicely. it doesn't leave a powdery appearance on the skin. the only problem i have with this product is the flimsy packaging as the lid is very loose but i suppose that's the quality you're going to get for the cheap price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The price is okay, the color range is NOT, because after just an hour this powder darkened up on my skin (I used the lightest shade), so that I looked ridiculous. Also, it doesn't really have a mattifying effect and you can "feel" it on your skin, which is quite uncomfortable. Will never buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 8:03:00 AM More reviews by hcle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow so impressed with the lower end product!! I bought this on sale for $9 in Aus and I'm very impressed with the results. My pores were covered and my friends told me I looked "luminous".
The powder was fine and settled smoothly on my drier type skin without highlihgting the dry parts and disguised it quite well. I have alot of problem with powders because of my dry flakes!!! this was awesome!!! I love the matte look.
I bought the 005 silky beige and that worked well for me as a Chanel 40 beige/ MAC NC30.
Lasting time is a good 5 hours or so, I re-apply and it's fine.
The lid be a bit loose, though I put a bit of sticky tape along the corner and it sits just fine.
Good light-medium coverage for everyday wear when i can't be bothered with a soppy liquid or heavy cream foundation. no allergies on my super sensitive skin. definate repurchase!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by hatrick01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i've been through ALL powders from HE TO DS. most are all the same, with some amount of variability from texture to color. With very oily skin, no product has performed miracles on me. This powder IS a great beauty find. Not powdery appearing at all (the finish is quite natural), absolutely no color from this---totally translucent and does not interfere with my NARS sheer matt. I use a small amount on a kabuki brush and lightly swirl onto my face. The finish is so natural. Not ageing but smooth and youthful. Will buy again!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by roseroach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really impressed with this powered. It just enough coverage and sets really good!!! I got mine in shade 005 Silky Beige and I got it at Wal-Mart for $3. So far Ií am really like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2011 4:51:00 AM More reviews by Elfinoz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to agree with a lot of the comments already here, the packaging sucks! I have this in transparent. I find this to be just an ok pressed powder. The texture is a little chalky in my opinion and results in a kind of "flat" finish. Coverage is ok. Doesn't really keep my skin matt for any longer than any other powder so really nothing special, will probably not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by emg6193

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Awful... the powder made my face look dead. They need to make warmer colors. And the lid broke easily... and there was no powder puff. Rimmel is crap. I would rather buy CoverGirl.