September 2, 2014 | 2019 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 5:34:00 AM More reviews by xandreaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this powder to mattify my tzone for more than 2 years now. I have very dry skin but a shiny nose, and I buff in a small amount of this powder and my nose is no longer oily looking! great product. never used it all over my face though, so can't give a review on that aspect of the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Darlajane

I used to use this product all the time when I was a teenager until I bought a Clarins foundation and switched over to that. A couple of years ago Clarins stopped making my foundation and so I've been on a hunt for a new foundation ever since without much success. I had an old packet of this is the cupboard and so I thought I'd give it a go again since it's so cheap. I have tried literally about 10 different foundations since Clarins stopped making my one and non of them can keep the shine at bay, yet this one does really well (although I think it works best if you don't use another foundation underneath). The coverage is just right for me as it's fairly sheer/medium and looks natural. I'd definitely recommend a try - and even if it doesn't work for you it's only about 3 in the UK!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by charisjoy777

My new HG setting powder. I bought this in the shade transparent, which works well with my fair skin. I love that this powder is very light and doesn't look cakey. This pressed powder makes my makeup look great for 6-8 hours keeping the oily bits at bay. Definitely recommend it:)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by xSaLYU

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Green

Doesn't control oil, and because of that you have to continually re-apply it. I have been using translucent because I'm darker skinned and I don't think the "colored" ones come in my skin tone. However, since it doesn't control oil at all and you have to keep reusing it, it causes my face to turn white. BIG no no. The powder just piles on and doesn't suck up oil. I won't be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I really wanted to like this. It works out well over my concealer to leave my face looking matte, my pores smaller, and my face looks pretty flawless. Translucent was even pale enough to not leave a pink or orange cast either (nor did it oxidize). It's a good powder but not even half way through my day I'm an oil slick. It did not control any oil at all for me which is why I gave it a three.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 5:53:00 AM More reviews by GlitterFlie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This amazing powder has been my favorite setting powder for my foundation for nearly a year. The name is true to the product, Stay Matte definitely stays matte all day for me, I have never had a problem with the powder itself. However, I hate, hate, HATE the packaging! The twist off lid really annoys me as mine always comes off when I travel, which sometimes makes the product shatter. Rimmel definitely need to improve the packaging for this to make it the best product ever. I have re- purchased this powder over 4 times, I LOVE this !

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by ILoveMakeup98

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!
HG product here!
I saw this at target.
It was a buy one get one fre so i was why not?
SO i got it and bad thing is they only have 3 shades.
I got mines in silky beige
Its a bit light for my fair skintone but then i apply my color powder over it and promblem fixed!
This keeps my face MATTE!.
AMAZING!<3
No shine,nothing!
Love it!
Very cheap about the packaging,its okay not the best!
Deff give this a price

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by supersonicsteph

I never would have bought this powder if it wasn't for MUA. This is actually the first product I've ever bought from this brand. I saw a review of this and thought to myself, "might as well try it out." I picked it up at Target. It was very inexpensive. I now own it in Translucent and Natural. I found the Natural shade in Wal-mart. I've tried all kinds of powders (MAC Blot Powder, Maybelline Dream Matte, Urban Decay Mattifying, etc.) and I was never really satisfied. The Stay Matte powder is great! I can apply this at 7am and not need to touch it up until noon or 1pm. Also, when I say touch up, that is because I might be looking a tad shiny on my nose.. nothing too severe at all. Yes, the package leaves a bit more to be desired, but I have tons of other products that have mirrors in their lids, so that is definitely not a breaking point for me. I think this powder is wonderful.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by kittyisforme

I really love this powder. It sits really nice and doesn't break me out at all! It doesn't eliminate the oil but definitely keeps it down. Plus its so cheap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

Great inexpensive setting powder or all over powder. My only complaint is the lid. I wish it was more of a compact rather than one you just take off. Makes traveling with it hard. Other than that you cant really complain since its a couple of dollars. Keeps my face pretty matte for a while!