October 21, 2014 | 1885 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2006 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Sherrie11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just wanted to revise my review of Chanel No. 5. Over the years, this was one Chanel that I could never make my own, even though I liked the scent. It seemed to hover over my skin like a cool cloud rather than blending into my skin and warming up to my personal chemistry. One summer I tried the edp and fell in love with it. The florals seemed richer. I still find No. 5 a bit distant and formal, no matter how they try to update the image. But I don't mind that. For those who do, there is always the Sensual Elixir, which is more modern and very nice, too. I hvae yet to try No. 5 in parfum extrait. It's on my "to try" list. :-) I think you must find a concentration in No. 5 that works for you, as they all seem quite different.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2006 12:22:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I used to hope that one day I could wear something Chanel, as the women in my life who wear it wear it so well. No. 5 is the last of all the Chanel fragrances I'll even sniff sprayed into the air. It's chemical, harsh, and completely unsuitable for my skin and personality type.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2006 5:56:00 PM More reviews by dancingoutlaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wore the edp for a very short while when I was 19, after buying it on a whim. It was not something I should have been wearing at that time. As I am now in my 20s, I can appreciate it more. If you like this in the edp or the edt, you should also try Hermes 24, Fabourg; though I like No. 5 much, much better. I hope to acquire the parfum.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2006 5:09:00 PM More reviews by jowork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to wear this way back in high school, so I thought I'd give it another try. I didn't like it at all this time around. Too old ladyish for me. Too stuffy. I much prefer Chanel Allure.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2006 10:19:00 AM More reviews by 5lover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just wanted to answer LindyLoo concerning the No 5 parfum. I don't think it is your chemistry that this parfum doesn't last on your skin, it happens to me too. Years ago, a tiny drop of the parfum would scent you for hours on end, this modern formulation just does not last and I think Chanel should do something about it personally.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2006 9:04:00 PM More reviews by LislizWe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It smelled like bug spray to me and was Way too strong!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2006 4:10:00 PM More reviews by jellybean6

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

FYI- the EDP smells sooooo much better than the EDT

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2006 10:30:00 PM More reviews by bujiyama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Yes, I'm one of the few people who can't stand this fragrance. I really tried...with all the history and tradition tied up in it and the classy associations (French fashion, Marilyn Monroe, etc.), I wanted to like it. But, it gives me a terrible headache and smells like bug spray to me. Not just because of my body chemistry - I have friends who wear it and they just reek! Maybe they're wearing too much and just a little wouldn't bother me as badly. I can't wear it myself, though. Must be all the aldehydes or something... my nose finds it offensive. : (

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2006 11:00:00 PM More reviews by ashtraygirl11

I love Chanel nš5. It is such a classic and by far, this is the best perfume I have ever bought. I can't stand perfume that smells really really strong or too sweet. This is just perfect. The smells last quite long and yet, subtle. It smells feminine and sexy, perfect for any occasion.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2005 12:35:00 AM More reviews by fashion_939

I love this fragrance. It smells so elegant, but sexy at the same time. I purchased a small EDP version of this to try and loved it. It does not smell like an "old lady" fragrance at all. I wear this fragrance with my pumps and feel just the right age, lol. It feels so luxurious on, as though I am being enveloped in layers of the finest cashmere. This is a must have for any fragrance collection.