October 1, 2014 | 1181 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2006 5:56:00 PM More reviews by dancingoutlaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wore the edp for a very short while when I was 19, after buying it on a whim. It was not something I should have been wearing at that time. As I am now in my 20s, I can appreciate it more. If you like this in the edp or the edt, you should also try Hermes 24, Fabourg; though I like No. 5 much, much better. I hope to acquire the parfum.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2006 5:09:00 PM More reviews by jowork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to wear this way back in high school, so I thought I'd give it another try. I didn't like it at all this time around. Too old ladyish for me. Too stuffy. I much prefer Chanel Allure.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2006 10:19:00 AM More reviews by 5lover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just wanted to answer LindyLoo concerning the No 5 parfum. I don't think it is your chemistry that this parfum doesn't last on your skin, it happens to me too. Years ago, a tiny drop of the parfum would scent you for hours on end, this modern formulation just does not last and I think Chanel should do something about it personally.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2006 9:04:00 PM More reviews by LislizWe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It smelled like bug spray to me and was Way too strong!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2006 4:10:00 PM More reviews by jellybean6

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

FYI- the EDP smells sooooo much better than the EDT

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2006 10:30:00 PM More reviews by bujiyama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Yes, I'm one of the few people who can't stand this fragrance. I really tried...with all the history and tradition tied up in it and the classy associations (French fashion, Marilyn Monroe, etc.), I wanted to like it. But, it gives me a terrible headache and smells like bug spray to me. Not just because of my body chemistry - I have friends who wear it and they just reek! Maybe they're wearing too much and just a little wouldn't bother me as badly. I can't wear it myself, though. Must be all the aldehydes or something... my nose finds it offensive. : (

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2006 11:00:00 PM More reviews by ashtraygirl11

I love Chanel nš5. It is such a classic and by far, this is the best perfume I have ever bought. I can't stand perfume that smells really really strong or too sweet. This is just perfect. The smells last quite long and yet, subtle. It smells feminine and sexy, perfect for any occasion.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2005 12:35:00 AM More reviews by fashion_939

I love this fragrance. It smells so elegant, but sexy at the same time. I purchased a small EDP version of this to try and loved it. It does not smell like an "old lady" fragrance at all. I wear this fragrance with my pumps and feel just the right age, lol. It feels so luxurious on, as though I am being enveloped in layers of the finest cashmere. This is a must have for any fragrance collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2005 4:30:00 PM More reviews by annos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favourite fragrance for both day and nighttime. I use the EDP, I spray it on lightly, it is very easy to overdose this perfume! It's a balanced floral that feels really sexy, luxurious and elegant without being rough or overpowering. I do understand why some feel that this fragrance might have a bit of an "old-lady" feel to it, but I always get compliments on how fresh, elegant and unique I smell with this on. On me it seems to dry down to this subtle and clean, yet sexy, scent that lingers forever and ever. I can see myself still wearing this years from now. And I love the simple yet timeless bottle as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2005 9:09:00 PM More reviews by AriaMuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My mom wears Chanel No. 5 on occasion, and I've always been fascinated with the scent of it. It is the definitive fragrance for me, any time that I think of perfumes. I'm in college, so I think it's a little too mature for me at the moment, but it smells lovely on my mother. It's subtle, but I can always tell when someone is wearing it. I love the soft floral notes in this scent.