October 23, 2014 | 846 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2004 5:58:00 PM More reviews by kariwilson86

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: Sets on the skin fast (I wouldn't call it a powder finish though), price was great (under $15 CAN), doesn't seem to dry-out skin, glides on smoothly, has salicylic acid, covers generally okay, and is buildable, but I would not consider this a full-coverage make-up, colour selection seems to be good.

Cons: No SPF, packaging is incredibly awful, colour is not that great (has that CG orangish tint to it), gross smell but you get used to it, the blendability isn't exactly seamless.

Conclusion: I will probably repurchase this because of the awesome price for the decent product it is, and it will be in the winter when SPF isn't neccessary where I live. Still, I don't believe this beats my Revlon Colourstay Natural in Buff. I used 03 Neutral (Almay), which was the best suited colour for me out of the selection, but still does not compare to Buff (Revlon) which is a lot more natural looking on my skin. I am extremely disapointed in the bottle. I have to keep this out of my make-up bag and make sure its always in an upright position....very annoying! I also think it makes more sense to have an SPF in it if the product is going to contain acne healing ingredients. I have not noticed a difference in the appearance of my skin, but I'm still a new user, and I will update in the next week or so. *Update* this stuff is definitely not improving my skin, nor is it helping to prevent breakouts.....actually I think this stuff has been the cause for my recent, and continuous berakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2004 5:30:00 PM More reviews by PrincessSyndrome

Love this (and the bonus concealor)! I got this in 01 and 02 to blend because I'm in between shades. It dries matte, and doesn't settle into fine lines. Decent, very natural-looking coverage and I don't really need a powder to set it either. Since I started using this, my skin has been looking better each day with no breakouts, and my existing acne has almost completely healed. I'm so happy I found this!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2004 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Dani

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in 04 Sand, which is a good match for my skin (C35). In fact, it is the most yellow-toned foundation I have used.

The coverage is medium, a little more than what I'm used to. So I use a damp sponge to put it on to give it a very light & natural finish. My skin is a little on the dry side, but I can wear this foundation as long as I wear a good moistuzing sunscreen underneath.

My only complaint is the bottle. The opening is too big, and things can get messy. So I poured it into a smaller pump bottle, problem solved.

Update: I have noticed it turns darker as it wears on. Will try this in Neutral next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2004 11:16:00 PM More reviews by sweetcuppincakes

This is the best foundation I have ever found. I have combination skin and a very oily t-zone and I tend to break out often but this was non-greasy, blended well, matched my eur-asian skin-tone (Which is pretty hard), and wasn't streaky or runny even after a workout outside in the california heat. it doesn't seem to clog my pores either. i wish it had better coverage but i'll just have to try the concealer that comes with it. overall i am very happy with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2004 3:55:00 PM More reviews by ambient28

Wonderful foundation! I bought this product on a whim, and now have repurchased several times. Very natural finish, buildable coverage, blends well, and the best thing is that it actually has cut back on the amount of blemishes I have.
I am a high-end makeup junkie, but this product has converted me. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2004 7:17:00 PM More reviews by PartTimeAngel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I took this out of my moms makeup pile that she was going to throw out, and i couldnt believe that she was gonna throw it out! it was still full and worked like wonder on my skin. It seems to melt into my skin but does not set into pores or lines around my mouth. it goes on like velvet and looks more flawless if you apply it with a sponge. Great staying poower!!! usually when i blow my nose some foundation rubs off, and this doesnt! i set this with some powder and im good to go. the shade that my mom had was "naked" which was a little darker than my skin tone BUT i like it! it made my skin tanner looking, but totally natural looking. this foundation never gets blotchy on me. it also blends really well. i have oily and flacky skin and this stuff doesnt make anything worse and actually seemed to make my skin some what clearer. the packaging isnt the best...but the foundation quality is outstanding

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2004 4:08:00 PM More reviews by swt_mimi

I am very glad that I purchased this foundation. It contains 0.6% salicylic acid. The texture is between runny and thick and the coverage is ligh-medium. I have the colour in "neutreal" for my NC30 skin and it matched perfectly. The blendibility was okay, it dried to a semi-matte finish and it covered my smaller blemishes but most importantly, it HAS made my skin clearer! Its not a major difference but its enough for me to repurchase again and its also very comparible to my higher end foundations. Yes, the packaging is terrible and the product gets all over the cap and the bottle. I used it for over a week and no breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2004 1:51:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought this foundation was a little on the thick side, but it covers well, and it held up throughout the day. Color stayed true. I'd buy this again.
Yes, the cap is very messy.Wish it came in a pump.
EDITED TO ADD.. I've used this several more times, and when I put it on I had little white spots on my nose, it was like the makeup was stuck in my pores. The bottle has now become a big goopey mess after using several times. I won't be repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2004 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Ualemp902

I never try new foundations. It's so hard to find a good one, so when you do you stick to it. I'm loyal to Revlon Shine Control and Maybelline Wonder Finish. I tried this because it was free with a Walgreen's rebate. I've never found a good Almay product, but this one was the exception. I have combo skin, and this was good at keeping the shine away. Plus it had great staying power. My face looked as good as when I put it on 10 hours later!I do agree about the cap. It can get messy, especially if you shake the bottle-( which I always do) before using.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2004 2:22:00 PM More reviews by ScandinavianTan

I really like this foundation. It sinks into your skin and doesn't settle into your lines. It is not at all greasy. I have combo acne prone skin with dry spots here and there, and this foundations is great for my skin. It covers my imperfections perfectly and it controls oil on my nose better than any foundation I have ever tried. I don't wear foundation every day, and when I do I only use a very small amount. I dap a little on the nose and on each cheek and blend blend blend. This foundation is perfect for me. It covers my discoloration great, and it gives my skin such a nice smooth velvet look to it. It feels nice and light - I honestly cannot feel when I'm wearing this product. I have really acne prone skin, and this foundation has not caused one single pimple so far, which is a huge plus. But it can be a little drying. If I have worn this product 3 days in a row, I need a little break from it, because the skin on the bridge of my nose will be all dried out. But all in all I am very satisfied with this foundation. I have tried other foundations which are supposed to keep your skin clear (one was Neutrogena SkinClearing which actually caused my skin to break out), and this one is in my opinion the best. I have fairly light skin and I got the Naked shade. It is a little bit darker than my skin, but the way I use it (only a little on the nose and cheeks) it looks really good. It gives my skin a little bit of a tanned look. But it looks natural and when I wear this I don't have to use bronzer. My only complaint is the glass bottle. It is messy. But other than that, its wonderful. I am very impressed. I found this info doing a simple search with google on Salicylic acid. There can be some side affects of salicylic acid: skin irritation and stinging. Symptoms of salicylic acid poisoning: confusion, dizziness, headache, rapid breathing, ringing or buzzing in ears. Do Not use this foundation if you are pregnant. This medicine may be absorbed through the mother's skin. Salicylic acid has not been studied in pregnant women. However, studies in animals have shown that salicylic acid causes birth defects when given orally in doses about 6 times the highest dose recommended for topical use in humans. Before using this medicine, make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or if you may become pregnant, especially if you will be using salicylic acid on large areas of your body. And do NOT use if your are breast-feeding. Salicylic acid may be absorbed through the mother's skin. However, topical salicylic acid has not been reported to cause problems in nursing babies. Well, I thought it was worth mentioning. I don't know how high the dosage of salicylic acid has to be to see side affects - but I sure would not use this product if I was pregnant or breast-feeding. I only gave it 4 stars because of the bottle.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No