April 18, 2014 | 1485 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2004 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Ualemp902

I never try new foundations. It's so hard to find a good one, so when you do you stick to it. I'm loyal to Revlon Shine Control and Maybelline Wonder Finish. I tried this because it was free with a Walgreen's rebate. I've never found a good Almay product, but this one was the exception. I have combo skin, and this was good at keeping the shine away. Plus it had great staying power. My face looked as good as when I put it on 10 hours later!I do agree about the cap. It can get messy, especially if you shake the bottle-( which I always do) before using.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2004 2:22:00 PM More reviews by ScandinavianTan

I really like this foundation. It sinks into your skin and doesn't settle into your lines. It is not at all greasy. I have combo acne prone skin with dry spots here and there, and this foundations is great for my skin. It covers my imperfections perfectly and it controls oil on my nose better than any foundation I have ever tried. I don't wear foundation every day, and when I do I only use a very small amount. I dap a little on the nose and on each cheek and blend blend blend. This foundation is perfect for me. It covers my discoloration great, and it gives my skin such a nice smooth velvet look to it. It feels nice and light - I honestly cannot feel when I'm wearing this product. I have really acne prone skin, and this foundation has not caused one single pimple so far, which is a huge plus. But it can be a little drying. If I have worn this product 3 days in a row, I need a little break from it, because the skin on the bridge of my nose will be all dried out. But all in all I am very satisfied with this foundation. I have tried other foundations which are supposed to keep your skin clear (one was Neutrogena SkinClearing which actually caused my skin to break out), and this one is in my opinion the best. I have fairly light skin and I got the Naked shade. It is a little bit darker than my skin, but the way I use it (only a little on the nose and cheeks) it looks really good. It gives my skin a little bit of a tanned look. But it looks natural and when I wear this I don't have to use bronzer. My only complaint is the glass bottle. It is messy. But other than that, its wonderful. I am very impressed. I found this info doing a simple search with google on Salicylic acid. There can be some side affects of salicylic acid: skin irritation and stinging. Symptoms of salicylic acid poisoning: confusion, dizziness, headache, rapid breathing, ringing or buzzing in ears. Do Not use this foundation if you are pregnant. This medicine may be absorbed through the mother's skin. Salicylic acid has not been studied in pregnant women. However, studies in animals have shown that salicylic acid causes birth defects when given orally in doses about 6 times the highest dose recommended for topical use in humans. Before using this medicine, make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or if you may become pregnant, especially if you will be using salicylic acid on large areas of your body. And do NOT use if your are breast-feeding. Salicylic acid may be absorbed through the mother's skin. However, topical salicylic acid has not been reported to cause problems in nursing babies. Well, I thought it was worth mentioning. I don't know how high the dosage of salicylic acid has to be to see side affects - but I sure would not use this product if I was pregnant or breast-feeding. I only gave it 4 stars because of the bottle.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2004 11:05:00 AM More reviews by LisaLou099

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm really liking this foundation. It goes on very smooth and the coverage is excellent. I use this along with Almay's Amazing Lasting concealor and they work very well together. I got the color Naked 02 and it seems to be a pretty good match for me. Would have liked it to contain an SPF, but oh well. It also seems to have been keeping my skin clearer too! My only complaint is the packaging. The foundation gets stuck around the sides of the square cap and it gets rather messy when you open it after you shake it up. Oh well...other than that, its wonderful!

UPDATE: still using this as of 7/14/04 and bought a darker color (sand) because of my tan. I've learned not to shake it up with the cap on. This prevents the liquid from getting all up inside the cap. Just put your finger over the opening of the bottle and shake. No more messy makeup bag : )

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2004 10:18:00 PM More reviews by piglett

I love this foundation. It sinks into your skin and doesn't settle into your lines. It's not at all greasy. I have oily/combo acne prone skin and think this foundation is great for my skin type. I'm glad it doesn't have any spf or titanium dioxide because that is what causes me to break out (and it's extremely difficult to find a good oil free spf/td free foundation). The ivory is perfect for my fair skin. The price is right at cad $11.50. Finally a decent priced foundation that doesn't cause me to break out! It's a keeper for me, I hope it is for Almay as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2004 8:26:00 PM More reviews by neen1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

It goes on very nicely and makes my skin feel very smooth. Decent coverage, not the best oil absorption. Does not clog my very easily clogged pores!!!! It actually HAS made my skin clearer-it looks better than it has in years!! This is the best skin clearing makeup I have ever used- I even wear it when I am not going anywhere because it feels so good.*Update*: I could not stick with this. Eventually it lost its clearing power after about 2 months. Unfortunately it just melted away. I am now blissfully using Clinique Perfectly Real with great results.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2004 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Breezibre

Eary rewiew I've only used it for two days, the price was fairly cheaper than the others I've looked at, I agree SPF should be involved in it but adding your own is no problem. Covers nicely blends nice into my skin and actually tones it a bit kind of makes my skin not look so pale. AS for helping with my acne I haven't seen results yet, but I can say it hasn't made my face worse, I'll update soon! Definately a good product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2004 9:46:00 AM More reviews by mybrowngouda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I prefer Almay foundations because they have a yellow tint instead of red and they always match my color. I decided to try this foundation seeing if it would clear up a few unruly pimples, nothing serious, but it broke me out worse than I have ever been broke out since I was like 16!! I had only been using it for a week and had a really bad forehead breakout. For some reason foundations that contain salicylic acid break me out worse than regular non-comedgenic makeup. The packaging was horrible also, the lid and the opening caused many messes. I would not recommend this product. I will return to my Almay Skin Stays Clean liquid foundation, which I love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2004 1:13:00 PM More reviews by kara_mia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think I have found my Holy Grail drugstore foundation. Only two minor flaws with this, it has no spf and it could stand to have a greater shade range. Otherwise, I LOVE this. My skin has been getting better because of this foundation combined with my knockoff proactiv solution skin care regimen. This foundation goes on smooth and silky with light to medium coverage. As you wear it, your skin becomes softer and in my case, more even toned! My complexion has also cleared up tremendously without drying. I'm very impressed and will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2004 10:40:00 PM More reviews by tmccray2

This is my favorite foundation. It looks very natural, blends easily and coverage is light to medium. It doesn't emphasize my flaky skin or large pores, and isn't greasy. It holds back the oilies on my combo skin better than any foundation I've ever used (and I've used almost all of them). Like the other reviewers said, the cap sucks. I'm going to write Almay and tell them. Otherwise, it's close to perfect. UPDATE: Now that it's summer, I'm getting a lot of oily breakthrough. Looks like I'll have to save this one for winter use only.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2004 10:19:00 AM More reviews by SabrinaP

I'm giving the packaging quality a 1 becasue I like to apply foundation with my finger. I put my finger over the opening, turn over once to get color on my finger, and apply. Well, the opening of this foundation is too big for that.
Anyway, the coverage is nice. In fact, I've been using this as opposed to my HG Amazing Lasting. It has great coverage but isn't as drying.