Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

water, bifida ferment lysate, methylgluceth-20, PEG-75, butylene glycol, bis-PEG-18 methyl ether dimethyl silane, arabidopsis thaliana extract, tripeptide-32, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, lactobacillus ferment, cola acuminata extract, retinyl palmitate, pantethine, caffeine, glycereth-26, sodium RNA, squalane, oleth-3 phosphate, oleth-3, oleth-5, bisabolol, choleth-24, ceteth-24, hydrogenated lecithin, anthemis nobilis, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, xanthan gum, tea-carbomer, trisodium EDTA, BHT, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, benzyl alcohol, green 5, yellow 5, and red.
This product has been re-formulated under the new name: Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II. Please find reviews for this product here:

on 11/22/2008 4:33:00 AM

i bought this stuff (i've used it for a good solid month or more.) in the hopes that it could cover me in the moisturizer department as anything that is not in serum form tends to disagree with my skin. it seems to hydrate a little, as someone else had said. it also seems to help clear up blemishes & any broken skin some.
however, overall, i don't think it's really doing a whole lot for me & i don't think i'll be buying it again, but i'm still not 100% positive on that. i may edit this review later.

Edit: after a bad bout of cystic acne from some mineral makeup i tried out, i kept using this stuff & i really do think that its reparative qualities are pretty amazing & for this, i'm going to up my rating & think i will buy it again

on 11/15/2008 1:18:00 AM

I used to think that this would be too oily and cause breakouts for my acne-prone skin. However, I’m completely sold after using it! As you people know, I’m extremely paranoid about aging, and thus I was looking for something suitable for my ‘young’ skin without overloading it. THIS is it.

It’s a brown/orangey serum that absorbs into the skin within seconds, not oily and helps to hydrate a little. Drier skins will have to follow up with a separate moisturizer. It helps to calm and soothe my irritated skin (from all those strong anti-acne solutions), and even heal my post-war acne scars!

There is no argument as to why this product remains as Estee’s number 1 seller after so many years.

on 11/7/2008 2:01:00 PM

I use this nightly under the DayWear along with using Idealist during the day. I used to use Fruition and love it and as I reached 40, I wanted to try something new. Although I'm still told I look in my early 30's, I could notice blotching in my skin and my pores changing and having a 'saggy' look starting. The first time I started using this (switched from the Chanel line), I noticed a difference right away. I will continue using this until my skin is making more 'age changes' and then will move on to the next Estee product.

on 10/25/2008 6:31:00 PM

I was afraid that this would be an over-hyped product but it's been so popular for so long (my mom used this a long time ago) that I gave it a try. It's a really good product. It enhances my moisturizer and it heals acne too. When I have a big pimple, I apply it overnight under my moisturizer and the next morning, the pimple is smaller. I really didn't expect that and I was pleasantly surprised. It IS rather pricey but nothing else works as well (I'm not convinced by other serums I've tried) so I'll probably repurchase when it's finished.

I like the dark brown bottle but I'm so afraid of the glass dropper. So far I've been pretty careful but I've seen broken droppers in the store so I'm trying hard to avoid breaking it.

on 10/25/2008 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I don't get all the hype behind this. or maybe I'm just expecting miracles. I bought a bottle, and I use it a lot, and I feel like I see no difference. maybe it's slowing the aging process? but I can't see anything and I'd prefer to find something that helps reverse the aging process if possible. I am nearing 30 and desperate to find some good products. people say I have great skin, I probably used to (no pores, no pimples, no lines). but now I can tell that my face is starting to sag, and that causes me to see pores and fine lines on my forehead and cheeks. I've tried:

- la mer (feels good, might be preventing further damage, but doesn't seem to reverse),

- estee lauder day cream (at least it's SPF and doesn't stink or feel gross, moisturizes alright, but doesn't seem like it's doing anything either)

- roc night cream (this one is cheap so I keep using it even though I'm not sure it is doing anything either)

- various creams from l'oreal (I didn't like the feel of any of these as moisturizers - I've tried the younger all they way to mature skin types - and I didn't see any improvement either - I think I'm giving up on most drug store brands, such as l'oreal, olay, etc. for general moisturizers. the expensive ones do feel better, even if they don't reverse aging either, they may be better at preventing it)

- Alpha hydrox (this is drug store, but it has an active ingredient AHA that does seem to do something. this is the only product that I use where when I wake up the next morning, I see less fine lines on my face. it's also way cheap so I'm going to keep this one)

on 10/21/2008 2:13:00 AM

Rave reviews for this product, but not from me. I like my products to feel luxurious in addition to doing their job, and of the Estee Lauder skincare line, this serum is the bland and sullen girl who lacks personality but has major smarts. While it is boring to use, it still does what its supposed to do.

It's usually the other way around: most companies obsess about the luxury of their product and forget to make it good!

on 10/8/2008 9:16:00 PM

No effect.

on 10/4/2008 6:00:00 AM

I got a generous sample of this Advanced Night Repair serum. It is very moisturizing. I used it on my dry patches (above the eye and under the eye brow). And boy, it really helped a lot! The dryness went away when I applied it on a regular basis. However, the big downside with this product is the very expensive price tag.

Still I might have to purchase this serum in the future, considering the fact that it did wonders for my dry patches. I couldn't detect any fragrance, the texture is almost liquid but not runny. Sinks into the skin within a minute. To sum it up, great product but oh so expensive! Here in Sweden you have to pay 845 SEK for a 50 ml bottle.
*EDITED* 2008/12/09 I had to buy this in full size. I treated myself this serum as a birthday gift for myself. My dry spots need this serum, especially in the winter time. continued >>

on 10/3/2008 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've used this product ever since it first came out. I apply it under my nighttime moisturizer. It seems to add moisture to my skin and help my moisturizer work better. It doesn't irritate my very dry and sensitive skin.

I find that it is more readily absorbed if I keep my skin exfoliated. If not, I need to apply it several times before it feels like it's been absorbed.

UPDATE: 6/21/09 - This product was discontinued and replaced with Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex. The new formulation has a thinner texture and isn't as moisturizing.

on 9/20/2008 6:48:00 AM

Been using this for about a year now, only at night simply because I end up putting so many layers of products on my face in the morning and I didn't want to add another one. But just using this in the evening seems to be enough to see a postive effect, my skins feels plumped more moisturised, less red in sensitive areas and overall just in better condition, can't really comment on wrinkles as I don't have any (yet!)This product is really moisturising so you only need a tiny amount of moisturiser after using this. The only problem I have with this product is that I can never seem to get the last few applications out of the bottle as the dropper isn't quite long enough to reach it which is a bit annoying. But this overall is HG for me and will continue to buy.

Popular Treatments (Face)