April 16, 2014 | 954 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by cthuynh93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Cover girl stepping up their game. ever since i used covergirl face products a few times 7 years ago, it gave me a lasting impression on drugstore foundations and became bias against most drugstore products except for lipsticks and mascaras.

pro: DOES WHAT IT ADVERTISES (foundation,built -in primer(long lasting) concealer(good coverage)), good matches for asian skin tones, good for sensitive skin, spf 20, lasts 8 + hrs

cons: NOT REALLY ANY.. but ..range of colors are still somewhat limited for the extremes, matte(i prefer dewy)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Nattori

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this cannot compare with colorstay or mac studio fix imo! the coverage just isn't quite there. but the formula is great! quite light and blendable, this would look great if you have good skin. BUT the colors are awful. unless you are very pink in tone, its unlikely you can get a good match. it looks vastly orange on my face and pink in photos. GREAT PACKAGE though!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by reking16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Overall, this is an AMAZING foundation! I am so impressed with cover girl for making a great foundation. It does everything it says. Though i think if it had a concealer in it, it would have more of a full coverage. It has a pump which is a huge positive! It also has no
nasty smell. It blends flawlessly when you put a moisturizer under it. I use a very thick one because my skin is like bipolar. One day its oily and one day its super dry. This foundation also hides the oil on your face, but for me since i have super oily skin on somedays i usually have to blot my skin after maybe six hours. The color i picked was perfect for my skin (yay!). Honestly i have never had a foundation that matched my skin as well as this one does. Now the only reason i gave this foundation four stars, it leaves me with breakouts. Though i feel like everything is giving me breakouts! These breakouts are just zits that can be easily treated. I looked at the ingredients and saw that there was some kind of wax in it. Which is kind of disgusting. I still continue to wear this foundation because with it my skin looks flawless, hoping that my skin will get used to it and not be sensitive and get an occasional zit. I do have to admit my skin has been the clearest it has ever been! I have used so many products that broke me out so bad, i mean pimples and breakouts everywhere i looked! I would definitely recommend this to anybody!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Flirted

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WARNING: NOT FOR DRY SKIN! I really, really wanted to love this product. So many beauty gurus were raving about this foundation on youtube, but I believe all those rave reviews were those with oily skin! This broke me out really bad, and I never break out!! Definitely returning. I have extremely dry skin and this made me look so cakey. The foundation definitely oxidizes, I looked orange after the school day, and I was very un-happy. I tried mulitiple ways to apply the foundation (brush, fingers, etc) and I still looked cakey. Good packaging, nice coverage, just not for me.. or those with dry skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by lnb4563

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

BACKGROUND INFORMATION: My skin is mostly balanced, though it can become oily toward the end of the day. If it's ever dry, it is around my chin and T-zone. My acne got worse when I got out of my teens, but even now it's what most would consider moderate. Some acne scarring on my left cheek due to cysts that developed, minor redness, slight dark circles under my eyes, one sole fine line under my left eye, and usually a pimple or two. Therefore, in a foundation I look for medium-buildable to full coverage and nice oil control. Easily blendable is a plus. I'm usually the second-to-lightest shade in just about every DS foundation; that was definitely not the case with this.
PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I bought this for around $10 at both Wal-Mart and Target. The first shade, Classic Ivory, I bought at Wal-Mart. The second shade, Buff Beige, was purchased at Target. Easy to find everywhere now. Rather expensive for a DS foundation, but so is the Revlon I'd be using otherwise.
PACKAGING: This part of it is awesome. I love the glass container and pump. Finally, a pump on a DS foundation! What a novel concept! (Really, Revlon, would that have been so hard to do with ColorStay?) By turning the pump, you can also control how much comes out, which is pretty sweet as well.
COVERAGE/APPLICATION/WEAR: I picked up Classic Ivory since that was the second shade, thinking it would work since the second shade usually does. Nope. Way too light. However, it applied flawlessly, made my face look almost as if it were airbrushed, and it still looked freshly applied after 10 hours of wear. I looked ghostly, but the foundation formula was perfect. So why am I only giving it a two? Well, when I finally found the proper shade -Buff Beige- it was like I had bought a totally different foundation! It was impossible to blend, it covered up nothing regardless of how many layers I applied, and it oxidized! Three layers and I still had sheer coverage. The next time, I applied with a brush, though the results I had so loved with Classic Ivory had been achieved merely by using my fingers. Same results with the brush. Honestly, I don't know if I just picked up a bad bottle or what, but I'm so bummed! Classic Ivory was lovely, except it was too light; Buff Beige was a total disaster on all fronts. I MAY rebuy Buff Beige just to see if it was the bottle I had, but I'm getting the results I had from Classic Ivory with the foundation I'm using now, which is WnW's Coverall, believe it or not.
SUMMARY: The Classic Ivory shade gave me the results I wanted. However, when I selected a better match for my skin tone in Buff Beige, the end result was a complete mess! The Buff Beige gave me the opposite results of what Classic Ivory had given me. Buff Beige was difficult to blend, had virtually no coverage, and oxidized shortly after application. Ugh. This saddens me, because I really wanted to love this foundation. It looks amazing on others, but it's a fiasco on my face.
REBUY?: Perhaps to see if the bottle I had was just a fluke, but otherwise I'm afraid I'm going to have to be among the minority here and say NO.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by lnb4563

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by FastKitty99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Glad I tried this before I read the reviews. I have older, more mature skin which is on the dry side. I always moisturize well and apply sunscreen before applying any foundation to my skin so I did not have any problems with the product being too dry. It is very matte, but I find it works great as a concealer, covering the redness and broken capillaries on my ruddy cheeks (from many years of sun exposure). A little dab goes a long way! If you over apply it does cake and look like a mask, so I had to practice a few times to get just the right amount. I love the pump dispenser! I tuck an extra bottle into my purse and touch up at the end of the day if needed. Really covers redness well. I was never a Cover Girl user until I found this product. The ivory shade works perfect for me. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had to knock down 2 points because this foundation oxidizes at least 2 shades darker over the course of an hour. I am an NC42 in MAC and purchased the shade in Golden Tan. Upon first applying it, it's a perfect match, but within an hour I look like an Oompa Loompa. The coverage is fabulous and so is the staying power, but no one wants to turn orange.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Holy grail! Better than any foundation I have tried, including high end. Leaves my face looking flawless & covers old acne scars and dark circles. Over half the time I wear it, I don't even use a concealer. I use this as my foundation & Revlon Nearly Naked as my setting powder. Its the perfect combo for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dear Covergirl. I am black, not gray, not pinkish. Please plan your products accordingly.

(NW50. The Sable in this looked almost precisely like the putty my contractor uses to fix the bathroom.)

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No