July 23, 2014 | 2116 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by MelanieNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This may become one of my all time favorite collections. I've used only this palette everyday last week and each day, created 5 different beautiful color combinations/looks. I think what sets this apart from the original NAKED is that there are actually several amazing choices for lid colors (YDK, Chopper, Suspect, Verve, etc) which, in my opinion, makes all the difference for the success of a palette. When I used the original, I always had to bring in another e/s to use for packing on my lid because, while Sidecar was a beautiful color, for daytime it was just too glittery. The only color I really liked for my lids was Toasted but that was kind of boring to be limited to every day. I really never used the original NAKED that much for this reason.
These color combinations make this a great work morning palette as well as a travel palette. I also love the crease side of the brush (the shader part is just ok for packing color on the lid but I like it for precise outer V work if you turn it on its side).

(FYI- I used Nars Primer and NYX Yogurt as a base for all looks)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So. When the first Naked palette came along I had a 6 month long obsession with it before I finally purchased it and since then I've used it a grand total of three times. When this one came out, I felt the same spark and I decided to take the plunge on the first release, hoping beyond hope for better results. It was worth the leap of faith. There are only two colors in the palette that I'm not crazy about (Half Baked & Chopper), the rest are absolutely gorgeous and, most importantly, not too warm for my cool toned skin. The packaging is SUCH a major improvement over the first palette. It's sturdy, has some heft to it, doesn't feel like it's going to fall apart and won't get as filthy as the original. I'm not a fan of the brush that came with it, but that's a minor letdown as the shadows are really superb. I feel like the combination of the two palettes really gives me every neutral shade I need to last me forever (I'm not really into matte eyeshadow). This palette, for me, blows the first one out of the water and I will be getting a lot of use out of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

All i gotta say it's a GREAT neutral palette the colors on here are great...but half baked was really NOT necessary AGAIN!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by clothesathand

This migrates to below the eyes. Not a fan. I like the colors but not up to the standards of #1. Please keep this in mind.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

Thought I'd share my two cents on this one.
I'm glad Urban Decay came out with a sequel to the most coveted Naked Palette that seemed to have spurred other brands to come up with their versions of "Naked." And of course once this came out, everyone was on with the comparisons. The original was more bronze and cocoa and warm shades, while '2' were more taupe and neutral shades. I must admit the only reason I bought this palette was for the color Pistol, the gray-brown taupe because I can not get enough of taupe. The other reason I got this palette was because it truly is the palette that I can take anywhere and will probably hit pan on at least one color, which I have never been able to do with my palettes.
Even though I've already tried or have the shades that come in this palette, the combination of them in this palette makes it worth every penny. For example, I already have Half Baked, Chopper, Suspect, Verve, YDK, and Blackout. That's already half the palette I already have in other palettes. I'm actually glad they put in Suspect and Verve which came in the Rollergirl palette because I use them quite often with Blackout from the 15th Anniversary palette in the crease to add definition. Verve is also a great color to highlight the inner corner.
Another standout for me: Foxy. I use Lancome's eyeshadow in Positive because it is the best neutral brow/highlight color without being over the top shimmery.
I've only tried a few looks so far, but I feel like I can create tons more. For example, today I tried YDK on the lid, Busted in the crease and Verve for highlight.
I very much prefer this palette to the original Naked because I did feel it was too warm for my complexion (NC35). I'm glad I bought it when I did because it is sold out! It's also a good thing this is permanent so I can come back for it when I hit pan on Foxy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by ExoticDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this palette as soon as I received the email that they were back in stock and I am so glad that I did. I was debating whether or not to get this because I do have the original Naked pal by UD. However, I never reach for it and if I did it was only to use Half Baked (which is in 2) and Smog. It was also far too warm and dark for my liking - not to mention too shimmery. Naked 2 is fantastic because it has a few matte shades (love the matte black) as well as brown and taupe-ish tones which work much better on my golden NC40 skintone. The colors are cooler in comparison to the original and I feel this Naked 2 is the epitome of Naked! This should've been the original! Give this a go ladies if you like the types of shades in the palette! They work well with my light brown eyes and black hair. I would def repurchase if I ever run out! You def get a ton of product for the price! Great value and the packaging and mirror is also much better than the first palette!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by tyheartsmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love the Naked 2, not sure if i like it better than the original because i have not used it enough(: I got it the day it came out on Urban's website and i do not regret it at all!! I had a coupon so i only paid $48 and of course they have free shipping right now if you spend 35. :D All in all i think it was a wonderful purchase. I would not recommend for lighter skin tones honestly unless you really blend the colors. The colors in this palette are definitely lighter! I love it though so i think it is a must have in any makeup artists collection!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by imeldita22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I have nothing much to say about this product. If you have olive skin like I do, you might want to skip this product and purchase Naked 1 instead. I cannot get this to NOT make my face look washed out. I guess it's the cool colors in it that tend to blend in with my skin tone. For some reason, the shadows are so much harder to pack on the colors to my brush, not sure if it's the product itself or what.

My palette is also scratched, since the case is made out of tin. There's lots of fall outs all over my palette (inside), maybe because of its quick mass production that they've totally forgot about craftsmanship.

My naked 1 wasn't like this at all, and I even purchased it during times when it was so hard to find it at my local Sephora and Ulta. The palette overall is a disappointment for Naked 2 but would have to keep it to use on other people though.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Pakegal

I like this better than the first Naked Palette. There are more lighter colors, which I like. The first palette is harder for me to work with because the colors are darker. I don't see myself having to buy another one of these. I would if I ever ran out but seems like both palettes will last me for years.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by UltraPremiumDeluxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm one of those super cool-skinned palies that a lot of browns turn orange on. As such I had just given up and stuck to a diet of light purples and silvers with black for my eye m/u. Predictably, this got boring. I would feel like mixing it up a little every once in a while but would give up long before finding three coordinating shades of brown. I got the first Naked after the hype wore me down but I could only wear about two of the darker colors in it, and didn't love them enough to justify the price so I sold my palette.

Enter Naked2. I ordered mine as soon as I got the email and received it Monday. By then I'd seen some bad reviews, mostly in comparison to its predecessor. I didn't even open the box until many hours later, but when I did I was very cautiously excited. The whole right side of the palette is made up of wonderfully pigmented rich COOL BROWNS that have enough shimmer to be pretty and workable but no glitter. First time ever that I've been able to do a subtly smokey brown eye look on myself. A+ on the packaging as well.

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No