September 18, 2014 | 897 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by audmac

First off I have not tried every color in this palette yet so my opinion is subject to change. The quality of e/s is excellent with wonderful color payoff for each color. I prefer this metal tin over the velvet case of n1. I would like to say that from swatching this and the naked 1 palette side by side i have found six almost identical shades that make me question if i want to keep both palettes. In my opinion here are the close matches/dupes:
Half Baked in 1= Half Baked in 2
Smog in 1=Snakebite in 2
Hustle in 1=Busted in 2
Virgin in 1=Booty Call in 2
Toasted in 1=YDK in 2
Suspect in 1=Sidecar in 2
Those are just my observations, folks, Im not saying they are identical just that to me they are close enough that I dont feel that I need both.
I am not too fond of the brush or lipgloss, and would really have prefered an eden or other primer potion and a 24/7 waterproof liquid liner instead.

16 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by KGirl24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Initially, I didn't think I needed this palette since I have the first Naked palette. Boy, was I wrong! The shadows are amazing in texture, just like the first one. They feel so soft and buttery. I did notice some fallout from the black shade. For $50, it is a pretty good bargain. I am NC20, leaning more towards neutral. The shades are very flattering on me. I am not a fan of the brush that it comes with, but the Lip Junkie that comes with it is great!

There are three matte shades: Foxy, Tease, and Blackout. Blackout is an awesome very black. Better than the "black" shade in the Naked 1 palette.

The rest of the e/s are shimmers but not ott.

It will probably take me a while to finish this palette, but when I do, I would get another one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

I recieved this for Christmas this year and I am impressed. If I was to compare these to MAC eyeshadows the shimmery ones are comparable to veluxe pearls and the matte ones are more like satins. All are very pigmented. If you're looking for more warm colors you might want to pass on this palette because majority of these are on the cooler side. Overall great product. You can pull off any type of look, natural to dramatic.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by alliemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this palette. I have the original and I can't say I like the new one better, but it is definitely more suited to my ultra pale skin tone. I can dig it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this palette. My sister has the first one and I loved it so my mother got me this new one for Christmas. I love the sturdy packaging and I love that there is a mirror. The brush is pretty nice but I already have brushes that I use. There's Foxy, Half-Baked, Bootycall, Chopper, Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted, and Blackout. These are much more suitable for my pale complexion than the first Naked palette because they're lighter and more cool-toned. I love that there is a matte black, a matte highlight, a shimmery high light, and a matte brown crease color. You can create a simple look or a more done-up look. You can create a smokey eye, a pin-up look, etc. The possibilities are endless. The only issue I have is that I am overwhelmed with the options when I'm putting on my eyeshadow in the morning! The pigmentation is fabulous, by the way.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by collinsre

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this palette. I have the first one and they are very similar to me, honestly I was hoping for more matte colors because my skin is very oily and I don't care for shine. The colors are very pretty and I love the brush they include in the kit. The lip stuff is very shiny and not too sticky. I recommend this as a purchase, if you tried to buy this many individuals of UD it would cost you a fortune. Flattering for all skin colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

The second Naked palette is better than the first one--if you don't have either and have to choose between them, choose this one. All but one of the shades is different from the first palette--and I wish they would have duped a matte or a subtler shade instead of the super-sparkly Half Baked. The shades are cooler and more flattering. Color payoff is excellent. There's a better balance of matte, shimmer and sparkle, though the sparkle ones are still extremely so, just like the first palette. I like it, but overall I still don't think it's worth all of Urban Decay's hype: Tarte's Neutral Eyes II is a far better neutral palette than either of the Nakeds.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by MorAvFire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this palette. I have both the NAKED 1 and the NAKED 2. I think I may love the 2 better then the 1. There is a broader spectrum of colors in the 2 and there are less shimmery colors which I like. But, I would recommend having both palettes as they are both gorgeous and I find myself pulling from each palette most days.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by icypeeches

I was hesitant about buying this palette, since I rarely reach for my naked 1 palette. However, I am so glad I bought this palette!!! The colors are much lighter and cool toned compared to naked 1. With naked 1 the colors would often turn muddy when blended together. Naked 2 has enough variety to create many different looks that blend seemlessly. A dark matte brown is the only thing missing from this palette. I have been using Mac handwritten in the outer V with this palette. Highly recommend. I love the packaging too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by jayluvsmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this. I bought the original and the 2 at the same time both of these palettes are unique in their own way. I love them both equally. I am a NC45 and all the colors are beautiful on my skin tone. They are so creamy and easy to blend. I can see myself using the Naked 2 more on an everyday basis since the shadows are not as shimmery as the original Naked. Both of these palettes will remain in my collection as long as they are being produced by Urban Decay. Love them. Totally worth the investment.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No