October 26, 2014 | 1054 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by greymattergirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Well I have a few things to say before my actual review..a few reminders for those reviewing products. It seems to me that some people will give a poor review of a product, not because the product is bad, but because they don't understand their own skin type and needs. There is no one product that is going to work for evey type of skin, so if you try a foundation, say Vitaluimere and you have very oily skin, well its not going to work for you..doesn't mean bad product, just not the formula for your skin needs. That being said, Vitalumiere Aqua IMO is great for people not looking for heavy coverage, with normal to combination skin. This will not cover like say Pro Lumiere will. It does not feel heavy, and very much looks and feels like a second skin for about 4-6 hours, taking in account skin type, humidity etc. This foundation will flake and float on the skin if you haven't exfoliated, but if you have, and your properly moisturized, this will set quite nicely. If you use a magnifier on your skin after application, you can reallly see the difference in the way it lies on the skin. I know some have complained about the color range..I for one am thrilled that Chanel is finally offering both pink and yellow based choices for once. I can't review the darker shades, but as a person with pale skin..(and I mean pale, you can see my veins through my skin, lol..gross, I know).. it's always quite hard to find a shade thats right for my particular pastiness, the first and lightest shade with pink undertones was as close a match for me as it could possibly be, which was BR10. This foundation isn't going to cover major flaws, but if you have skin thats in realtivily good conditon, and you like a light, natural, finish, I think you may enjoy this foundation. It doesn't have the best staying power...it does look sublime for a few hours, and by the time you hit hour number 4 you see things start to go down hill a bit. That time could vary I suppose based on your skintype and surrondings..for instance I'm in Florida so it's not going to last in the same way it might if i was in Ohio. :) I know some are put off by the smell, I personally loved it. It smelled expensive, if that makes any sense, but it disapates quickly if your sensitive to that kind of thing. I do think that as most Chanel foudations, that if you have hyper sensitive skin, this might break you out a touch. I have pretty sensitive skin, and I do notice some irratation after hours of prolonged wear..but I do seem to get that with most of Chanel's foundations..just my type of skin. However, if you have a good skin care regime, I think that can be counter balanced if you enjoy the foundations enough to continue using them. I personally use Dr. Hauschka, and any possible irratation I see is erased after a good cleanse and tone/moisturze from his skin care line. I would deff repurchase this foundation as I would most Chanel foundations, but I do understand this particular formula isn't going to suit every woman. But as far as light, summer coverage, I think it's wonderful..at least for my personal skin needs. :)

UPDATE: After using this foundation off and on for over a year I'm done with it. The more I used it the more I noticed irritation increasing. Again nothing against Chanel..but now Ive tried almost every one they have and they ALL cause me irritation and some breakouts. I still think its a lovely foundation, it just doesnt suit my skin needs. I reccomend highly to those who know Chanel wont bother their skin. Also I grew tired of it seperating on my nose..or emphasizing any dryness I might have, which had never happened to me before, as I dont tend to have dry skin..but somehow this foundation found some, lol! Still I think it's excellent, just not for me.

25 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by beautyknowsbest

A light and airy foundation if you are looking for a natural foundation that looks (and feels!) like a second layer of skin, this is the right product for you. They have a vast color range,good formulation, and overall nice packaging. There are a few downsides- the product is expensive and may not fit everyone's budget and the packaging is great except that the spout get dirty easily. My overall opinion on this foundation is if you aren't worried about putting a dent in your wallet for a great quality summer foundation, pick this up ASAP!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by bronnie5

Was keen to try this after my beloved Clinique Superfit has been discontinued. Thought it may be similar being water-based. Looked quite good when the MUA applied it and the colour matched my skin well. When I got it home I found it too watery and not giving much more coverage than a tinted moisturiser. If I didn't need coverage I wouldn't bother wearing foundation at all. And I agree with earlier comments regarding the fragrance, although it doesn't smell bad it kind of irritates the skin. I'd prefer no fragrance. Disappointed.. Would be perfect for people not needing any coverage but just wanting to boost their complexion.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 7:44:00 AM More reviews by LillyWish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

The color range for this foundation is bad. I have been trying B10 and BR10 en both of them are too dark for me (Im NW15).

But the worst part was when I put it on my skin the scent was soooo strong that I felt like I was harming my skin in a way. I don't know why Chanel has to put fragrance in EVERYTHING!

For me it is a must that a foundation and powder are fragrance-free.

Don't know about you, but Im not going to let my skin suffer do to all these chemicals in these Chanel foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2011 7:26:00 AM More reviews by Watchdog

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a nice light foundation that gives good coverage without looking caked on. If like me you are not a fan of the feel of foundation but need it's help this could be worth a try.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by shumeoshu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love chanel foundation it give you a nature look and not heavy at all ! I hate heavy foundation like mac it dry me nut!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by IndiaRobyn

****HG FOUNDATION****
It's amazing for me it's my No1 and i feel like it will be for a very long time. This is a very honest review so go ahead and read !
Pros
- It's an amazing summer foundation
- Less than a full coverage foundation but more than a tinted moisturiser
- Feels like a second skin
- Gives a lovely sheen but not over the top

Cons
- You wont like it if you like full coverage make-up

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by ashley7013

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used Prescriptives Virtual Skin foundation before Prescriptives was discontinued and was looking for a new light, sheer foundation. I absolutely love the coverage of Vitalumiere Aqua. I always applied other foundations with a sponge, but I've found that I get great results using my fingers to apply V.A. It smells great, and most of my blemishes are covered with this foundation alone, whereas I've always had to use a green concealer with my other foundation routines before. My skin feels very soft and flawless when I use this. I have oily skin, especially in the summer, so I finish this with a loose powder. After applying first thing in the morning, I usually have to re-powder by late afternoon--earlier if I've been sweating a lot.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by jensen2027

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Didn't work for me. Went on good but coverage a bit more sheer than I like. I like makeup to cover under my eyes and most of my freckles. Foundation made my dry skin dry out more- not hydrating at all. I could feel this foundation all day! Maybe cause I was so dry.... also I started to breakout in my forehead area. I do have somewhat sensitive skin but rarely breakout. This foundation might work for you if you are combo/oily skin/not sensitive and want a light to medium foundation. Good for me that I used samples and didn't waste any $.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Luv2wearMakeup0102

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Disappointed! It looked great ..sounded great.. But sure did not stay great!! Urgh I can't find a color to match me! They are way too pink! The b20 was pink, the b30 I look like snooky!! And that's not even the worst part! The finish is decent for about 20 mins. After that it separates & sits strangely on the skin. & ladies you can definitely tell u have makeup on in daylight! Yuck! It also felt heavy! I'm not understanding what's with all the hype! I'll stick to my face fabric from Armani & luminous silk...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No