November 21, 2014 | 1815 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by mrsbigsky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to be honest with you, I don't own this foundation. I went to the counter and was matched up and given two sample packets of this stuff. One sample lasts at least three or four applications! I matched up to BR10- Beige Rose- Pastel. It is probably the best match for my fair skin tone I have ever seen. The formula is superb because it's not thick or cakey yet offers a lot of coverage. It dries matte. It has a lovely scent. You just know putting this on that it's expensive! Here's a product that actually delivers what it markets to do- "Ultra Light Skin Perfecting Makeup with Instant Natural Radiance" is the perfect description.

Cost: $45 for 1 oz.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by TheMakeUpMaster

This product is perfect for the summer it gives the perfect natural glow that everyone wants it is also perfect if your someone who doesn't like the feel on foundation on your skin and i feel it gives slightly more coverage than it says.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by AmandaBMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have #10, #20 & #30 for my kit and personally use #30. I really like this base, it mixes beautifully with other products has a light but not insubstantial coverage. It blends really well into the skin.
It has a great buildable coverage, it is just a really well performing lightweight base- I would say this would work for all skin types but if you have an extreme type (EG: very oily, very dry) then use a primer to your specific skin type to effectively customise your base.
I will definitely be re-purchasing, it is a staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Kfly89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is really really nice! Especially paired with the Chanel Soliel product they have. Makes my face look perfect and flawless. I saw a lot of youtube people using this product and I really liked how it looked on their skin so I tried it out at the Chanel counter in Macy's.

Definitely worth the money, and you don't need that much to cover your face so it should last for a couple of months!

Covers up my acne scarring, and covers up all the redness on my forehead.

People kept staring at my perfect skin as I walked by them at the mall.

Truly AMAZING!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by amynovak

Oh how I wanted to love this!

I purchased it wanting a light coverage foundation. I have fairly good skin, occasional breakouts but nothing too terrible. I wanted a light base to even out my skin tone.

After a few days I had broken out in tiny red bumps all over my cheeks and chin! When I do break out, it is often on my nose, NEVER on my cheeks.

I wish I was able to return this considering the high cost.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by hippiebee114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product. I love that this great foundation comes in a superlight colour called pastel b15. It's the lightest colour and it's almost translucent. I have seborrhoeic dermatitis and this foundation is great for my skin. Doesn't make my dermatitis more flaky and dry and doesn't make my oily cheeks more oily.
The foundation is light and airy. You can't feel it and see it on your skin (which is great!). It just looks like a beautiful veil over your face.
If you like heavy coverage or a matt foundation you better
not buy this one. I use it with my dr. Hauschka translucent looose face powder and it works like a charm. Looks like I have nothing on my face and it has double staying power with the powder over it.
I have to say this foundation feels a lot like the dr.Haushka translucent foundation.Here in Europe the dr. haushka is a lot cheaper (€17,95) then the Chanel vitalumiere aqua (€38,00). I would say the dr. Hauschka works as good and since it is a lot cheaper I would definitely go for that one (especially since it has more natural ingredients then the Chanel, which is stuffed with chemicals).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by crossingbridges

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this. Gives a beautiful sheer coverage and applied over Smashbox's photo finish primer in green, last all day. It truly gives a second skin appeal, lasts me all day with a bit of Clinique stay matte power dabbed on top. I do occasionally get a bit oily after about 5 hours but considered the lightness of this foundation that's pretty good. I have this in BR10 and it matches my fair skin wonderfully, no one can even tell I am wearing makeup! It has a very soft smell to it that is a little strange at first but over time you don't even notice it anymore. I love the sleekness of the bottle and how it's not the heavy glass Chanel usually uses. The only thing is that you have to SHAKE the bottle really well or it will come out very watery and unappealing. Overall a great foundation that I would repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by greymattergirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Well I have a few things to say before my actual review..a few reminders for those reviewing products. It seems to me that some people will give a poor review of a product, not because the product is bad, but because they don't understand their own skin type and needs. There is no one product that is going to work for evey type of skin, so if you try a foundation, say Vitaluimere and you have very oily skin, well its not going to work for you..doesn't mean bad product, just not the formula for your skin needs. That being said, Vitalumiere Aqua IMO is great for people not looking for heavy coverage, with normal to combination skin. This will not cover like say Pro Lumiere will. It does not feel heavy, and very much looks and feels like a second skin for about 4-6 hours, taking in account skin type, humidity etc. This foundation will flake and float on the skin if you haven't exfoliated, but if you have, and your properly moisturized, this will set quite nicely. If you use a magnifier on your skin after application, you can reallly see the difference in the way it lies on the skin. I know some have complained about the color range..I for one am thrilled that Chanel is finally offering both pink and yellow based choices for once. I can't review the darker shades, but as a person with pale skin..(and I mean pale, you can see my veins through my skin, lol..gross, I know).. it's always quite hard to find a shade thats right for my particular pastiness, the first and lightest shade with pink undertones was as close a match for me as it could possibly be, which was BR10. This foundation isn't going to cover major flaws, but if you have skin thats in realtivily good conditon, and you like a light, natural, finish, I think you may enjoy this foundation. It doesn't have the best staying power...it does look sublime for a few hours, and by the time you hit hour number 4 you see things start to go down hill a bit. That time could vary I suppose based on your skintype and surrondings..for instance I'm in Florida so it's not going to last in the same way it might if i was in Ohio. :) I know some are put off by the smell, I personally loved it. It smelled expensive, if that makes any sense, but it disapates quickly if your sensitive to that kind of thing. I do think that as most Chanel foudations, that if you have hyper sensitive skin, this might break you out a touch. I have pretty sensitive skin, and I do notice some irratation after hours of prolonged wear..but I do seem to get that with most of Chanel's foundations..just my type of skin. However, if you have a good skin care regime, I think that can be counter balanced if you enjoy the foundations enough to continue using them. I personally use Dr. Hauschka, and any possible irratation I see is erased after a good cleanse and tone/moisturze from his skin care line. I would deff repurchase this foundation as I would most Chanel foundations, but I do understand this particular formula isn't going to suit every woman. But as far as light, summer coverage, I think it's wonderful..at least for my personal skin needs. :)

UPDATE: After using this foundation off and on for over a year I'm done with it. The more I used it the more I noticed irritation increasing. Again nothing against Chanel..but now Ive tried almost every one they have and they ALL cause me irritation and some breakouts. I still think its a lovely foundation, it just doesnt suit my skin needs. I reccomend highly to those who know Chanel wont bother their skin. Also I grew tired of it seperating on my nose..or emphasizing any dryness I might have, which had never happened to me before, as I dont tend to have dry skin..but somehow this foundation found some, lol! Still I think it's excellent, just not for me.

25 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by beautyknowsbest

A light and airy foundation if you are looking for a natural foundation that looks (and feels!) like a second layer of skin, this is the right product for you. They have a vast color range,good formulation, and overall nice packaging. There are a few downsides- the product is expensive and may not fit everyone's budget and the packaging is great except that the spout get dirty easily. My overall opinion on this foundation is if you aren't worried about putting a dent in your wallet for a great quality summer foundation, pick this up ASAP!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by bronnie5

Was keen to try this after my beloved Clinique Superfit has been discontinued. Thought it may be similar being water-based. Looked quite good when the MUA applied it and the colour matched my skin well. When I got it home I found it too watery and not giving much more coverage than a tinted moisturiser. If I didn't need coverage I wouldn't bother wearing foundation at all. And I agree with earlier comments regarding the fragrance, although it doesn't smell bad it kind of irritates the skin. I'd prefer no fragrance. Disappointed.. Would be perfect for people not needing any coverage but just wanting to boost their complexion.