MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 2/6/2011 3:15:00 PM

This is the only MAC foundation that I have been matched in so I cannot comment if it runs darker, lighter or true compared to the other formulas. I was matched in NC15 and it matches my skin nicely. It gives a matte finish, but not extremely matte. It is heavy feeling, but that is to be expected with a long-wearing foundation. I wear this to my 6-8hr work shifts when I am sweating like crazy and doing physical work and I never need touch ups. It covers most of my acne scars and current acne but I do still need to use concealer on some. It doesn't break me out, but I don't think it would be good to wear this everyday just because it is so heavy. I switch off with this, a TM, and a lighter foundation. I do feel like it would be hard to apply with your fingers or a brush, and I use the SK Beauty Blender dupe. I am definitely going to buy this again when I run out.

on 2/6/2011 7:57:00 AM

This is the only MAC foundation I actually like! Most of the other MAC foundations are just unnatural! I'm in the shade NC20, its not my perfect match, but it looks very nice on me. I love the texture of this, its dewy and soft, it gives a medium coverage. I like that it has a yellow undertone to it, so the redness on my cheeks are completely gone after using only one pump for the entire face! Great job MAC for creating this foundation! I am IN LOVE! I just recently started becoming addicted to buying foundations, and so far I've collected 6. They are all brand new, and I have positive feelings for all of them, but I find myself reaching for this foundation the most!! It is also amazing at oil control. i literally leave my house without bringing a powder, because I know for sure I do not need to touch up for the whole day!

on 2/6/2011 2:07:00 AM

For everyone who says this is hard to apply/dries too quickly: Seriously? That's not a deal-breaking problem. Don't dot all over your face then blend. Just work in sections and make sure to give it a good buff after. Problem solved.

I was using Revlon Colorstay before this. I loved the formula of Revlon Colorstay, but the closest colour I could find was still too pink and ashy on me (Sand Beige), as I'm Asian with very yellow undertones.

I've tried Studio Fix before in NC20, but it broke me out so I only used it for special occasions (for my prom, it was awesome), but I wanted to find a foundation suitable for everyday use.

In comes Pro Longwear. HELLO. It's a light-medium foundation with a very natural finish. I have NC20. I usually prefer matte finishes though, so I powder over this lightly so it's matte but still natural-looking. It wears beautifully, and doesn't look like I'm wearing foundation. I generally have pretty nice skin. (Combination: dry/normal cheeks, oily nose, VERY oily forehead). This foundation controlled oil reasonably well (not as well as Revlon Colorstay, but still enough so that I didn't have to powder every 2 hours). It's like my skin but better. My boyfriend would complement me on how amazing my skin was, and he never knew I wore foundation everyday haha.

My only complaint is that the Pro Longwear foundations seem to be a tad peachier than Studio Fix, which kinda sucks because I need foundations to be extremely yellow. I can tell the difference in colour between my face and my neck (face is pinker, neck is yellower). But it's still a pretty close match, and an awesome foundation :)

EDIT:
Also, people who say this is "THICK" in consistency....NO IT'S NOT. It's THIN and runny like Studio Fix Fluid and Revlon Colorstay. You don't mean 'thick', you mean 'opaque'. Opacity has nothing to do with viscosity. Thick = viscous, Opaque = not see through. Get the terms right.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I really wanted to love this product because of all the amazing reviews I was seeing on youtube and makeupalley. I went in the store, got color matched and left convinced. But when I got home is when the horror starts....I'm normally an NC50 in Mac foundations but the MUA color matched me as NC45 because NC50 in prolongwear looks really dark and too red (as I have a yellow undertone). When I tried applying at home, it was way too ashy for my skin and it was really hard to apply. It has a really thick consistency that dries almost instantly. You hardly even have enough time to blend it before it dries on your face!! The only way it turns out okay is when I mix it with my Smashbox tinted moisturizer in dark because i've always found it too red for my undertone...so it kind of balances the prolongwear out....overall really great packaging because it has a pump...but the consistency needs to be changed and the shades need to be THE SAME AS THE OTHER MAC FOUNDATIONS...not too impressed....wish there was a 2.5 button...

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My Holy Grail foundation! I've tried almost every brand out there. For the record, I have normal skin, yellow undertones, and I wear NC 30. It blends beautifully and covers my redness and leaves my skin slightly matte but not dry looking. I don't always dust loose powder on top. i love the pump dispenser, its much easier to control than the matching concealer. the formula is lightweight and long lasting, I rarely need a touch up (only when I blow my nose a lot). Definitely will re-purchase!

on 2/1/2011 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

For the record, Im an NC42 in this product, asian with acne scars on both cheeks. This has a really good medium coverage and covers my acne scars beautifully. It has a dewy finish that actually makes my face natural and HG. however, a couple of hours later, my face becomes too matte for my liking even though Im acne prone and oily. It makes my face looks dull and pale looking. But I guess the fact that its winter may have some factor I wished it left that nice dewy finish but maybe I'll use this in the summer instead since it did control my oil pretty well..
EDIT!
ok, i gave this another chance and i wore it for a week. this broke me out): i should have known never to return. if you're acne prone, watch out for this. this gave me cysts and my face was almost free of acne after all the hard work ive done. now, i have to calm it again. GAH!

on 2/1/2011 3:06:00 PM

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! its super lightweight feeling and gives medium coverage. and it does infact last 15 hours! it looks so natural and does not transfer when i hug my hubby (cause he wears white shirts)
my fave mac foundation by far.
I'm NC 40 normally... but in the pro longwear im an NC42

on 2/1/2011 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It seems this is one of the few mac foundations that has a decent rating and is well liked here on MUA. However, my experience with this is not the same as most. I personally dislike this foundation. The shades for darker skin tones seem to be a bit off from their other foundation matches...a bit on the ruddy side, while the warm shades have way too much yellow in them. Then the finish is glossy, at least on me it is. If you are looking for a matte, polished look, unless you top this with powder, this alone will not do. I also found it extremely thick. And on top of it all, every single time I've used this I have broken out in ugly pimples. Dislike.

on 1/30/2011 10:41:00 PM

I wish I could like this product better, since there are so many good reviews on it and I was looking for something oil-free and long-lasting. My main problem with this foundation is the color. I'm a NC 25 but the SA matched me with NC 20 in this. Even being asian, this color is a little too yellow for me and looks like a mask on my skin. I know NC25 wouldn't work either, coz it looked orange on me when I tried it. Also, this foundation doesn't photograph well- my face looks pale and flat. The only way I can use it right now is to mix it with my TM or BB cream so it gives more coverage and color balance.

on 1/28/2011 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

FINALLY, I've found you! With the exception of the price, this is as close as I've come to finding my HG. The coverage according to the website is sheer to medium, but you can definitely get full coverage with a bit more product, and you don't need a lot to begin with. It stays put all day, great on my dry sensitive skin, and the color is perfect. I'm an NC15 and initially I was told this would be a little yellow, but whatevs cuz it's perfect. Better than studio fix. Worth the 30 bucks? yes. I just wanted the best of both worlds. But oh well. This stuff is awesome. I need not say more.

Video Reviews & Tutorials