MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

Ok this is going to sound incredibly gross, but after a very exhausting night of partying I mistakenly wore my makeup to sleep with this foundation on. Woke up in the morning, looked at myself in the mirror... WHOA how the hell is it possible that I look even better than I did last night?

I don't know what happened but other than it staying on for the whole night, it somehow sinked into my skin making it look completely natural. For reference I'm NC30.

I loooooove, loooooooove, looooooooove this product. HG for sure.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think it's fare to say this is the best foundation I ever tried . . . it's not like any other foundation.

The coverage is great,
It's buildable,
Lasts for long time,
Comes in many many colors (like all MAC stuff ^^)
and IT FEELS SO LIGHT!!

I'm so tight with my badged right now and I cannot afford expnsive makeup, but . . . only for liquid foundation, I don't think I can use anything else after I got spoiled by this product!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

So I just started my weeklong trial with the generous sample that my MAC SA gave me this weekend. Upon initial application, the foundation is a bit sticky and doesn't seem to set well, but that's only if you touch it with your fingers (which you shouldn't really be touching your face a whole bunch anyway, but I was eager to see how it felt.) Overall feel of it on my skin is nice - and light, almost feels like a tinted moisturizer with a little "more". The finish is nice -- not matte, not overly dewey, very natural looking. I would say the coverage is medium to full and that it covered most of my blemishes and imperfections really well. I only had to follow up with some undereye concealer for my dark circles. I am very impressed. Will update this as I go for accuracy, but as of right now, I'd buy this. For the record, Estee Lauder Double Wear had been rocking my socks off until this point, but I'm feeing this could be in the close running for HG. Love that this comes with a pump.
*Right now, it's minus one point for the overall sticky feeling. Will set it with a MSFN tomorrow to see how that goes.

I think i am in the minority but i really disliked this foundation. I love Mac products so i thought i would give this a go (having never had a mac foundation) but i was disappointed.

The first problem was the colour choice. The undertones in this foundation are quite unnatural and more orange than skin toned. I was eventually matched with NC20 which in daylight is nothing like the colour of my skin.

I found the product itself to be thick and heavy. It sets really quickly so you have to blend it quickly and it gives a very obviously made up look. Even when applied lightly this is heavy coverage and i feel it completely masks my skins natural glow. My HG foundation is vitalumiere aqua though so it could just be that this product isnt for me. It does work better when mixed with a cream highlighter but given the price of this foundation i dont want to have to buy additional products to make it work for me.

All in all i would say there are much better products out there. If you do like heavy coverage i would say revlon colour stay or EL doublewear are much better buys.

I actually bought this today, i am VERY impressed!
Im the type of girl to always wear lancome'..too expensive though. /:
I've had it on for hours and it still looks like i just applied it, but i also purchased the MAC 'SkinFinish Natural' to put it over-top of the foundation. It really lives up to its name. The pump is amazing, i really like it. The price was reasonable considering this foundation is more than amazing. I would reccomend this to anyone, and i am definitaly going to purchase this again. :)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!
its my HG foundation i'm still at secondary shcool and im not ones of those people who carry around make-up with them apart my lg!
it last all day long on my oily t-zone and even stays matte(i apply a matte powder over my fndt in the morning)
i have dry cheeks and it doesn'tcling to those dry patches either!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love love love this product! I am a working, full-time college student and do not have time to reapply or fix my makeup throughout the day. I apply this first thing in the morning and its still perfect by the end of the day. and it has amazing, very buildable coverage for my acne prone skin.
and it doesnt need a primer, i found it stayed on my skin much better without a primer at all. plus it has spf! it is a little sticky when first applied but just make sure to dust a setting powder.

I have been using this product for 5 months now. I just purchased my 2nd bottle! I tested a sample for a week, 1&1/2-2 weeks before my wedding. I was SOLD! I purchased it right away. Normally I spend a lot of time testing a product to be sure I want to invest in buying it. I wore it for the entire week before/after my wedding (I used a makeup artist & airbrush for my actual wedding) when family was in town and I was busy running around and did not have time to worry about touching up my makeup. This foundation totally prevailed! I still have my more oily days, it depends on the condition of my skin. However this works wonders especially when paired with Urban Decay Deslick powder!!! And I use blotting papers as well. But I can go long periods of time before having to blot. I prefer to blot first and then when it gets near the end of the day touch up with powder. Actually today was a pretty hot day and I was running around doing a bunch of errands and shopping & trying on clothes and sweating! My face did NOT melt off at all! It just tends to look a little dewy instead of shiny and greasy and oily. That's fine with me because dewy looks natural where as the latter does not. I wear the lightest NW20 and just recently got the concealer also in NW20. Normally in the Studio Fix Fluid I was NW15 the lightest which was a little yellow on me but I used it very sheerly and it worked. (The NC15 was way too pale on me) Luckily the NW20 in this foundation works really well for me because in Studio Fix Fluid it would definitely be too dark. I think the shades for the Pro Longwear are totally different than the other MAC foundations for some reason.

I really like this liquid foundation. It does what it claims to do--the foundation has excellent lasting power. I work 12-hour shift and my make-up looks fresh by the end of the day. It gives medium coverage and it's natural looking, too.
Maybe not as natural looking as MUFE face and body foundation but has better lasting power. Unlike EL double wear light, it does not cake or oxidize on me. I went out on a very hot day to the Aquarium and my make-up stays fit the whole day. I didn't even use powder to set it. For reference, I have fair skin (NC 15) and the color match is good. I have normal skin so it may be a little drying for winter but as long as I moisturize really well, it shouldn't be any problem. The price is very reasonable. One bottle lasts forever. The best part is its lasting power!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

All foundations end up breaking me out. I have combination skin, but prone to breakouts. I have been using this for 3 months with no problems. I usually hate the way MAC foundations feel on my skin. Not this one. They finally have a winner. That said, I don't think this would be good if you have dry skin. This smoothes out my skin and keeps oil away for most of the day. Love it. I am NC25, which is a great match.

Video Reviews & Tutorials