October 21, 2014 | 1263 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 6:51:00 AM More reviews by Umber26

I love this new foundation by MAC! It is excellent, long wearing coverage, and the best part is that it has a semi-matte, dewy finish (it's not completely matte,
But don't let the color shade in the bottles fool you! You must test them! I first noticed that the shade selection seem slightly different compared to the other formulas (in the bottles) NC42 appeared very yellow and NC40 too light for my skin just by looking at them.
I am almost always NC40/NC42 depending on my tan! I tested by puting NW35 on the left side of my face and NC40 mixed with NC42 on the right....And even though the NC42 looks very yellow in the bottle, it's just the undertones, but it blends to a shade for very olive skin tones. I decided to go with the NW35, only because it was slightly warmer and blends well with tan or self tanned skin

But all 3 shades lovely. Great work MAC. I highly recommend this product, and I have tried them all!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Mizumi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best MAC foundation I've tried for longwear. It looks good for atleast 12h with no touch up on me wich is really good. I'm NW15 and it matches really nicely. However I did not buy this. I was choosing between this and Clarins Everlasting and Clarins won. Despite that I can't tell wich I prefer to be honest. Get samples and try for yourself!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Patricias100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation. It gives me good coverage and when I need even more I can just build it up. It is the best long wear foundation I have tried so far; It stays put even after my (occasionally) long party nights hehe. You need to try it even if you don't like MAC foundations; it will change your mind!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by yyt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is definitely HG material. It goes on smoothly and gives medium coverage. It is buildable to almost full coverage, just layering it after the first layer dries and repeat the process until you get the desirable coverage. It gives a beautiful dewy finish. It makes my skin look naturally glowy and healthy. I have big pores and it hides them very well. It is not drying and it does a good job controlling oil. I have combination skin and my skin feels well balanced with this foundation on. It works well in both dry northeast winter weather where I live and southeast humid weather when I traveled there. The most important thing to me is this foundation really lasts and it does not oxidized. Most foundations get a couple shades darker on me after an hour, especially during the summer. I have tried many "long wearing" foundations. They are usually completely gone around my nose and cheek area within 3 hours. This one truly last until I take it off at night. I know some people compare this to Revlon ColorStay but this one is waaaaay better. I found that CS doesn't provide as nice of a coverage and it usually slides off my face in a couple of hours. I tried both CS for dry and oily skin and neither one works too well for me. I am a foundation addict and I have tried many low-end and high-end foundations in all forms known to mankind. This is my everyday go-to foundation since it came out last September. I have been using it everyday and I am still on my first bottle with 1/3 left. I use either a MAC foundation brush, stippling brush or my fingers for application. After this foundation, I usually lightly dust on MUFE HD powder and I look like I have smooth and healthy skin. I will definitely repurchase!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by sanyav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Finally a MAC foundation that I can use! I've never been able to use MAC foundations ... Studio Fix Fluid broke out / irritated my skin like crazy, Select was waaaay too cakey and yellow, Mineralize liquid was just weird and gave me no coverage.... I do like their powders however liquid foundations were always a big fail and I had to keep searching through other brands. Pro Longwear foundation is the one I've been searching for in MUFE HD, Dior Nude, Nars Sheer Glow (which btw has no glow at all!) - and I never thought that I would find my holy grail (HG) foundation in MAC! Pro Longwer gives a smooth satin finish - not too dewey and not matte - it looks like skin. Coverage is medioum - it can be layered and I do on my cheeks. After applying it my skin feels moisturized. Overall, I would recommend this foundation over all MAC ones for sure and probably over most other high-end ones. I know some ppl try to compare it to Revlon CS - yo me it is not really similar to Revlon Colour Stay since CS is a lot more runny and thinner in formula.
*****UPDATE***** I've been using Pro longwear for a few months now and I still love it! It is great for everyday - it stays put through the day in the office and no worries about touch ups. My searh for HG foundation has ended!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by so_siqqq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finally, a foundation that lasts long on my very oily skin and looks natural! I've tried other MAC foundations like SFF and didn't really like it because it was too heavy and did not last long on my skin either. But Pro Longwear actually lasts about 8-10 hrs on me in conjunction with Prep+Prime translucent powder. If I don't touch up for a couple of hours my skin just looks glowy, not patchy like most other foundations do after 4 hours. The texture is somewhat thick--kind of like NARS Sheer Matte--but does not feel heavy on my skin at all. Coverage is medium and I use 2 pumps for my entire face, which covers most of my hyperpigmentation. I've tried several brushes with this foundation (187, 190, flat top kabuki, and round top kabuki) and I think a flat top kabuki gives the best coverage and finish. The finish of Pro Longwear is a mix between satin and matte and is a little tacky after applying, but that is easily solved by letting the foundation set for a minute or two before powdering. I use Pro Longwear in NC25 and find it to be similar to SFF in the same shade, but I find Pro Longwear to have stronger yellow undertones than SFF. Also, I've been using this foundation for 2 months now and it has not made me breakout at all. Overall, if you have oily skin and are not allergic/reactive to MAC Foundations, definitely gives Pro Longwear a try!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by tatt2thruandthru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

CONS: Tacky for 20 minutes after application....Accentuates any dry areas, even with great moisturizing.....Color seemed "slightly" lighter than what they claim the shade should be in their shading system......So long wearing it takes some serious work getting completely clean and rid of the product. This is a bad thing for me having sensitive, rosacean skin that is highly reactive.
PROS: Great coverage..... Buildable.....Excellent staying power.....Blendable
FINAL: I think personally think that Revlon Colorstay is a better alternative to this foundation. In my opinion this foundation just isn't so appropriate for people with skin types other than oily (which during the winter is not the case for me).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryMojito

so, far this may be my HG! i love the coverage. i love that it stays on long. works well with my oily skin! looks great in pics. looks flawless and natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Vampvixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation! First off love the pump on the bottle, easy and not messy. I love the color match as it is perfect for my NC15 skintone. It blends in beautifully without me having to use concealer. I love the natural matte finish and the fact that it is actually long wearing like it claims. Seriously I put this on at 7am and after work and after partying when coming home at 2am it STIll looks good skin looks dewy not oily and it doesnt seperate or go into any dry patches. Even the application is very easy i can either use my Sephora #55 airbrush brush, my fingers, my 109, 187 and 190 and still get a great application. Just blend it quickly before it dries that way. This ius truely HG congrats for MAC for getting it right.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by JayMUA

First off, I love that it has a pump!

secondly, it really is longwear, it actually takes effort to clean it off my face at the end of my day.

I went snowboarding & this foundation stayed on my face even though I had wet snow, neck gators & goggles pressing all over it all day. It stays true to its name LONGWEAR.

My only gripe is that I'm usually NC25 in the winter & NC30 in the summer but the NC30 is sooo much darker than the NC25 in line. The color jump is pretty big so right now im a little mix of the two & i bought NC25 for the winter. I guess I will have to get REALLY tan for the summer to use NC30 because I also love the coverage it has on me!

My skin looks flawless & i do not need a concealer AT ALL. I just dab a little more foundation anywhere with a blemish & blend it right in. this foundation is considered medium coverage & can be built up to heavy without being too cakey. Also, its a natural finish.

I LOVEEEEEEEEE it