MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 2/20/2011 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

For reference I'm nc42-44 with very strong yellow undertones. Combo winter, more oily summer. Acne prone.

I purchased this when it first came out and have been using it ever since so I think this would be a fair review. I use this foundation 5-6 days a week..5 for sure. I needed a foundation that would last all day long and not transfer (I'm a dental hygienist, wear a mask all day long and my makeup transfers). I have tried many foundations, and when I heard about this I really wanted to try it. When I look for a foundation I look for 1.staying power - does it last my workday? 2. oil control. 3. finish - I like satin finishes. 4. medium coverage ..and I have to stay this delivers on all levels. Plus it doesn't break me out!

Application: I use the elf flat powder brush because I love using flat buffer brushes for foundations as I can really buff it in. .I chose to use this brush over my favourite sigma f80 because the foundation stains brushes and I can not stand to see stained brush it just looks dirty (elf is black synthetic bristles I believe). I spritzed fix+ on my brush as this foundation sets very quickly and can be a bit tricky to use if you are not quick enough so thus I use fix+ for more maneuverability. Then I take a small bit on my brush and start on one cheek working quickly. It takes 1 pump and a smidge to do my whole face. I then use mac prolongwear concealer in the same shade (I like that it's the exact same colour!) and set with nars loose which is my fav powder to use with this. I have tried using mac msfn but it wasn't AS nice as my nars loose. I apply my makeup at 6:30 and it stays on all day! Now I still get a little transfer on my masks but very minimal and it must be the nars powder mostly.

Oh I wanted to mention that I have very very strong yellow asian undertones and so does this foundation (atleast in my shade) so be aware if you are aren't as yellow as my jaundice face lol

I also want to mention that you need a really really good cleanser because this foundation is almost like a stain. I like to use mac cleanse off oil an it removes nicely.
Overall, I will definitly repurchase this again.

on 2/20/2011 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I bought this a couple of weeks ago and just played with it at first. It isn't full coverage BUT full coverage can be achieved if you continue to layer it. The MAC rep matched my complexion PERFECTLY so it blends right in with my color. Last night I finally had the chance to test it out for its longevity. YESSS it works!!! I was at a lounge and was sweating profusely cause of all the body heat and drinks I had...lol. When I went to the bathroom, this foundation was exactly where I put it. It remained flawless throughout the night. I didn't wear it for 15 hours, but if it was able to withstand my sweat, I am pretty sure it will be able to handle a non-sweaty day for the 15 hours.

***I pair this with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural to set the foundation.

***Last but not least, you must wait for the foundation to dry, which doesn't take long unless your in hot temp.

on 2/19/2011 1:34:00 AM

I purchased this foundation about a month ago. I don't use it everyday... but it's my "special occasion" foundation. I use a TM daily. I must admit, I was quite hesitant to re-purchase a MAC foundation, because of previous break outs. So far, I LOVE this product. The finish is fabulous and very natural looking!!! I'm tempted to start using daily. As far as the staying power of this foundation, it stays put!! My face doesn't look different after 10 hours of wearing this foundation!! It's amazing!! Sometimes, I go to sleep and still have it on in the morning (I know that's terrible for my skin). Also, MAC considers it medium coverage... but it honestly doesn't feel like I'm wearing TONS of makeup. Considering I wear a TM daily, making the switch to this for those "special occasions" doesn't feel as though I'm wearing heavy heavy makeup which I think is great as well!
I would definitely try this one out!!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

In terms of coverage (that I need) and staying power during the day, this is an absolute favorite. It gives such a natural and beautifully perfect finnish without looking caky and that you're wearing a mask. I just love it. The problem is that I can't use it for more than a day at a time and then I have to switch to another foundation, because it BREAKS me out like no other. So you should try it because it gives a beautiful result, but if you're prone to breaking out, you might want to ask for a sample before you buy the whole bottle.

on 2/17/2011 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

this foundation is the best ive ever tried. At first i would apply it with my hands bc i thought that would provide me with the most natural finish, but it made my face look to cakey then i tried a flat top brush from sonia kushak and i loved the way the combo made my face look. this foundation really does work its not full coverage, but medium coverage and thats okay. its buildable and i got matched perfectly at my local mac counter. love this foundation will never use another ever again. the price is kinda high for me due to the fact that im an unemployed college student, but its worth every penny.

on 2/15/2011 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I think most people who write bad reviews on foundations want to believe that a foundation is supposed to be complete coverage, but its not, thats what concealer is for. But for foundation, this is a great one. It covers very evenly and it lasts for a while. I have a lot of redness and blotchiness on my face, but this helps with that a lot. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good foundation that covers a lot. Its not too too expensive, obviously not cheap though.

on 2/14/2011 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I really love this foundation. I tried it after reading the reviews on MUA and wasn't disappointed. It covers all my evil little flaws, even the post break out red marks. When I apply it at 7am and it stays on all day even through vigorious exercise. It will transfer if I hug someone wearing a white shirt. It can be difficult to completely wash off at night, even with a clarisonic brush. It hasn't broken me out after 2 weeks of use which I'm thankful for :) The product has a handy little pump which I enjoy.

on 2/12/2011 5:13:00 PM

This is not to be applied to dry skin. You have to completely moisturize your face for it to look even and smooth. Lasts very long, but gives me a cakey look if I apply too much. I like it but I'm not satisfied with it. My skin also feels tight like I'm wearing a mask! I will use it until it runs out!

on 2/11/2011 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

When I first used this I liked it because its lighter xoverage than Estee Lauder double wear, looks a bit more natural and feels quite light on the skin.
The coverage is medium and not very buildable. Unlike most mac (especially studio fix) foundations this doesn't break me out at all which is great. Although it can make my skin feel a bit sensitive at times. The staying power is better than most.
Whereas most foundations would be close to gone by 5pm after a full days wear this is still nicely in place.
A downside is that the oil on my nose will break though and as a result the foundation moves and has to be blended back into place. Also take care when blending as I think it does set so if you miss a spot you have to work to get to cover the spot.
All in all this isn't HG but I've been wearing it everyday and its took over from my Nars Sheer Matte for now and its a bit more easy to apply than Estee Lauder Double wear.

on 2/10/2011 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I wasn't sure about this product at first. The price was a bit steep for me but i liked what the product said it offered so i went ahead and bought it. i have used mac foundations in the past and they Never seemed to do well on my very sensitive skin. They used to break me out in little bumps and i really hated it. This foundation is by far the best i have ever used, i thought it wouldn't do well with my sensitive skin because i though it would contain more chemicals, but i didn't affect my skin one bit. It never feels like i'm wearing makeup at all and it definatly stays on alllllll day. the colour isnt a perfect match but it blends in well. The finish is amazing awell, its very natural even in direct sunlight it looks like i'm wearing nothing. it does well in controlling my oily nose too. I could go on and on about how much I love this product but i think ill stop right here. I love it and will recommend it to anyone <3

Video Reviews & Tutorials