MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 2/8/2011 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I really like this foundation. Before I bought this I was using Revlon Colorstay. I like this so much more than the Colorstay foundation. Colorstay feels and looks like too much for me. I don't like the feeling of makeup on my face. With Pro Longwear, I don't feel like I'm wearing anything. I also like the end result. It's not dewy and it's not matte. It just looks like skin. I do still have to blot maybe once or twice, but I have a sort of obnoxious oil problem only around the nose area. The rest of my face is normal. Me having to blot my nose is not a problem for me. Blotting once or twice throughout the day while I'm wearing this foundation does not phase me as a huge irritation. Right now I'm wearing NC30. I'm thinking I maybe should have gone with a shade darker to NC35. NC30 matches me pretty well although it might just be a tad bit too light. However it's not noticeable.

on 2/8/2011 11:50:00 AM

I finally got my hands on this foundation and I must say. I can't believe it took me this long to buy it!

It's medium to full coverage but not heavy at all. it dries to a matte finish and honestly last all day. (I wear it for 12 hrs and it still looks really good)

on 2/7/2011 12:35:00 AM

After reading all the great reviews on MUA, I figured I HAD to try this foundation. I had tried Studio Fix Fluid in the past, but found it too thick and enhanced my pores so I had my doubts. Well boy was I suprised! The consistency of this foundation is not thick and glopy as Studio Fix. It has a nice satiny feel and doesnt dry to a tight matte finish as some long wearing foundations do. I don't know why one reviewer said you "Would feel like you are wearing makeup". I find totally the opposite. I dont feel like I'm wearing anything at all! Not tight at all on my skin. I do moisturize and use a primer first so maybe that helps. I am NC15 and as others have mentioned, the colors are a little off compared to other MAC foundations. This one is slightly more orange (and less yellow) than other NC15 foundations Mac carries, but it seems to dry a tad lighter than when you first put it on, so its not that big of a deal. They staying power is like no other. I have had this foundation on for 10 hours so far and it still looks great! I havent had to blot AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! WEIRD. I DO set it with Coty's air spun powder (which is the best) but still am amazed at how natually matte I still look. I will start using my Ponds cold cream again to remove this foundation before washing my face. I definitely will purchase again and again and I think my SEARCH IS OVER!!!! Mary Kay has a good oil free foundation but this blows it out of the water due to being thiner in consistency, looking "like skin" when you wear it, being totally comfortable, staying matte and not oxidizing. I don't honestly think there are any foundations out there that can hold a candle to this one. I'm combo skin and love it. Try it...I dont think you could be disappointed. I did use two pumps but the gal at the store, told me to try one. Tomorrow will try one as I think one can get enough coverage with just one. Try it....You will LOVE this foundation! Good job Mac. As someone else put it "YOU FINALLY GOT IT RIGHT!"

edit: 3-2010: this is still a good foundation, but after reading more from MUA and such high reviews on the face and body foundation, i had to try it and I love it...The face and body gives you a glow and you look like you have nothing on which is what i've been lookng for. We'll see how I like it in the summer. For now, I'm using the pro longwear as a consealer until I get new consealer.

on 2/6/2011 3:15:00 PM

This is the only MAC foundation that I have been matched in so I cannot comment if it runs darker, lighter or true compared to the other formulas. I was matched in NC15 and it matches my skin nicely. It gives a matte finish, but not extremely matte. It is heavy feeling, but that is to be expected with a long-wearing foundation. I wear this to my 6-8hr work shifts when I am sweating like crazy and doing physical work and I never need touch ups. It covers most of my acne scars and current acne but I do still need to use concealer on some. It doesn't break me out, but I don't think it would be good to wear this everyday just because it is so heavy. I switch off with this, a TM, and a lighter foundation. I do feel like it would be hard to apply with your fingers or a brush, and I use the SK Beauty Blender dupe. I am definitely going to buy this again when I run out.

on 2/6/2011 7:57:00 AM

This is the only MAC foundation I actually like! Most of the other MAC foundations are just unnatural! I'm in the shade NC20, its not my perfect match, but it looks very nice on me. I love the texture of this, its dewy and soft, it gives a medium coverage. I like that it has a yellow undertone to it, so the redness on my cheeks are completely gone after using only one pump for the entire face! Great job MAC for creating this foundation! I am IN LOVE! I just recently started becoming addicted to buying foundations, and so far I've collected 6. They are all brand new, and I have positive feelings for all of them, but I find myself reaching for this foundation the most!! It is also amazing at oil control. i literally leave my house without bringing a powder, because I know for sure I do not need to touch up for the whole day!

on 2/6/2011 2:07:00 AM

For everyone who says this is hard to apply/dries too quickly: Seriously? That's not a deal-breaking problem. Don't dot all over your face then blend. Just work in sections and make sure to give it a good buff after. Problem solved.

I was using Revlon Colorstay before this. I loved the formula of Revlon Colorstay, but the closest colour I could find was still too pink and ashy on me (Sand Beige), as I'm Asian with very yellow undertones.

I've tried Studio Fix before in NC20, but it broke me out so I only used it for special occasions (for my prom, it was awesome), but I wanted to find a foundation suitable for everyday use.

In comes Pro Longwear. HELLO. It's a light-medium foundation with a very natural finish. I have NC20. I usually prefer matte finishes though, so I powder over this lightly so it's matte but still natural-looking. It wears beautifully, and doesn't look like I'm wearing foundation. I generally have pretty nice skin. (Combination: dry/normal cheeks, oily nose, VERY oily forehead). This foundation controlled oil reasonably well (not as well as Revlon Colorstay, but still enough so that I didn't have to powder every 2 hours). It's like my skin but better. My boyfriend would complement me on how amazing my skin was, and he never knew I wore foundation everyday haha.

My only complaint is that the Pro Longwear foundations seem to be a tad peachier than Studio Fix, which kinda sucks because I need foundations to be extremely yellow. I can tell the difference in colour between my face and my neck (face is pinker, neck is yellower). But it's still a pretty close match, and an awesome foundation :)

EDIT:
Also, people who say this is "THICK" in consistency....NO IT'S NOT. It's THIN and runny like Studio Fix Fluid and Revlon Colorstay. You don't mean 'thick', you mean 'opaque'. Opacity has nothing to do with viscosity. Thick = viscous, Opaque = not see through. Get the terms right.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I really wanted to love this product because of all the amazing reviews I was seeing on youtube and makeupalley. I went in the store, got color matched and left convinced. But when I got home is when the horror starts....I'm normally an NC50 in Mac foundations but the MUA color matched me as NC45 because NC50 in prolongwear looks really dark and too red (as I have a yellow undertone). When I tried applying at home, it was way too ashy for my skin and it was really hard to apply. It has a really thick consistency that dries almost instantly. You hardly even have enough time to blend it before it dries on your face!! The only way it turns out okay is when I mix it with my Smashbox tinted moisturizer in dark because i've always found it too red for my undertone...so it kind of balances the prolongwear out....overall really great packaging because it has a pump...but the consistency needs to be changed and the shades need to be THE SAME AS THE OTHER MAC FOUNDATIONS...not too impressed....wish there was a 2.5 button...

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My Holy Grail foundation! I've tried almost every brand out there. For the record, I have normal skin, yellow undertones, and I wear NC 30. It blends beautifully and covers my redness and leaves my skin slightly matte but not dry looking. I don't always dust loose powder on top. i love the pump dispenser, its much easier to control than the matching concealer. the formula is lightweight and long lasting, I rarely need a touch up (only when I blow my nose a lot). Definitely will re-purchase!

on 2/1/2011 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

For the record, Im an NC42 in this product, asian with acne scars on both cheeks. This has a really good medium coverage and covers my acne scars beautifully. It has a dewy finish that actually makes my face natural and HG. however, a couple of hours later, my face becomes too matte for my liking even though Im acne prone and oily. It makes my face looks dull and pale looking. But I guess the fact that its winter may have some factor I wished it left that nice dewy finish but maybe I'll use this in the summer instead since it did control my oil pretty well..
EDIT!
ok, i gave this another chance and i wore it for a week. this broke me out): i should have known never to return. if you're acne prone, watch out for this. this gave me cysts and my face was almost free of acne after all the hard work ive done. now, i have to calm it again. GAH!

on 2/1/2011 3:06:00 PM

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! its super lightweight feeling and gives medium coverage. and it does infact last 15 hours! it looks so natural and does not transfer when i hug my hubby (cause he wears white shirts)
my fave mac foundation by far.
I'm NC 40 normally... but in the pro longwear im an NC42