MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 3/10/2011 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is AMAZING! I wouldnt want more to a foundation. Its does what it says, in being called prolongwear. Where I go to college, and then go the gym, I dont really want to reapply a foundation, and that is the problem I had in trying other high end brands like bobbi brown, dior, chanel, and ysl.

This foundation I put on at 7.30am before I go to college, then I go gym in the evening at about 5ish, and after I come out the gym its still on, infact on me it looks better, as I have dry skin, and so it adds bit of moisture! In fact when im at home after that, I wont even bother taking it of untill 10pm and still looks good,, but obviously not perfect at this point. So basically it does what it says, by lasting 15 hours (I think thats what they say), and you can make it last longer then 15 hours by just powdering your face with translucent powder.

I use a MAC 187 brush with this. When I wear this I wear the MAC sheer loose powder with it (which I apply one more time in the evening to touch up), and also the prolongwear concealer. Underneath, I chose not to wear primer (which i used to wear), instead i wear no7 instant radiance beauty balm, and a really good moisturiser, as I have dry skin. One problem with this is that you really need to moisturise alot if you have dry skin. But wearing it with my no7 balm worked alot better for me.

A Con for this is that it is quite hard to work with and blend then other foundations, plus you have to work really quick. But this is probably due to the fact that its prolongwear, so it gets stuck to you quite quick. (When I put it on my hand to dab my foundation brush into, i would need to take it of with a makup wipe, as water will not take it of- so thats a good thing, showing that water will not damage your makeup). And that is true since once i had my hair colored at a hairdresser, and water was at one point going down my forehead, but I still had my makeup on till the end of the day and It still looked good.

Another thing is dont rely on the stupid mac makeup people, 1 lady recommended me a NC 45, then another lady came and said thats abit dark, and put NC 42. I purchased the NC42, only to realise that was dark to, so I have NC40 now, which is perfect. But that is 2 shades difference from what the 1st lady put on me! So

The coverage I would say is Medium, and would not look good if you try to build it to up to heavy. The packaging and pump is good. And price I gave 5 stars, as although it may be expensive, its worth it. Plus it is still cheaper then foundations like Bobbi Brown, and Dior, etc. I am on my third bottle, and I will be re purchasing this again.

on 3/10/2011 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

HG! Great for people who have combination to oily skin!

COVERAGE: sheer/medium to medium -- just enough to even out skin tone, not enough to cover acne scars. Buildable.

FINISH: natural/semi-matte -- not too matte making it look cakey but definitely not a satiny, dewy finish. Very natural! Great for combination/oily skin.

OIL CONTROL: awesome oil control! don't need to blot but if you're really oily, you would only need one or two swipes of powder

LASTS 8-12 HOURS: depends on what you're doing of course, but definitely lasts through my long school days (8hrs) and can go even longer! Was out for 10+ hours today doing school and errands, didn't touch up and it still look great when I got home.

COLOUR: Be careful because the NC shades seem a little too yellow. Might not be a problem for light/medium yellow-undertoned asian skin. There's a big difference between NC25 and NC30 so watch out, opted for NC25. NC30 is too dark and orangey for me.

WINTER: use a moisturizer before applying... fix+ after moisturizer works wonders. can accentuate dry spots.
SUMMER: can mix with a little moisturizer to lighten up coverage.

**don't think this has been breaking me out (I have sensitive, acne-prone skin so I usually know quickly if a product is breaking me out)
**LOVE the pump, good job MAC!
**Be careful, you can easily put too much on. Should start with just a small amount and layer little by little.
**wont look patchy if you touch your face!!!!!

Overall, this is an amazing foundation! HG! WOOHH FINALLY!

on 3/8/2011 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I was so excited about this product but like all MAC foundations, this one broke me out as well. It looked nice on but it was a tad drying. I even slathered on moisturizer beforehand too. This foundation gave me cystic acne around my chin. It was so bad that after a week of getting rid of one, another would pop up. I stopped using this foundation and used Revlon Colorstay and my cystic acne disappeared. I haven't had a breakout since. It's too bad it didn't work out! It really is long-wearing too.

on 3/7/2011 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wear this in NW20 and like it because it is long lasting, but it's not my HG foundation for daily wear like my beloved Stila. This is great to put on when I don't have time to touch up at all during the day and need to be able to look polished without having to worry about my foundation fading. Even though I always wear sunscreen, I like that this foundation does have some sunscreen in it. If you are looking for a long-lasting foundation, try this or a longwear foundation from Makeup Forever.

on 3/7/2011 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

I usually wear studio fix fluid but wanted to change things up a bit so I bought this. PROS - it stays on for a long time as promised, does not rub off on clothes (that was a huge issue with studio fix), I actually found a shade to match my skin - NC42, Comes with a pump unlike the studio fix which is nice, doesn't make me break out!

CONS - As others have mentioned, it dries sooo quickly, making it difficult to apply all over my face. Maybe I just need more practice but sometimes I feel like it leaves me looking blotchy because it doesn't get applied evenly. I also find it difficult to apply it with a foundation brush.. just easier to use your fingers. My skin gets very dry in the winter and I find that it makes me dry patches look terrible.. never had the issue with studio fix.

If I get the hang of applying it quickly, I'll probably get another bottle once I run out!

on 3/7/2011 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS:
- Lasts ALL DAY
- Looks natural
- hygenic pump

CONS:
- THICK consistency, feels heavy
- emphasizes dry patches

Overall, it gets 5 lippies because it really does stay on all day, without having to run to the washroom to powder up.

on 3/6/2011 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Overall this is a great foundation. Nc4o for reference. It stays put, I do not get oily and covers pretty good.

on 3/6/2011 2:24:00 AM

This foundation was a huge disappointment to my dry skin. It felt like it was sucking all the moisture out of my face. The texture is so weird and difficult to blend. If you want this to look nice on you should use your fingers because a brush will make it look streaky since it dries out so quick. I can't see how this stuff would be good for everyday wear also. If it claims to stay onto your face for 15 hrs, there's gotta be some really bad adhering ingredients in there and i'm sure it is prone to cause many breakouts. If you're looking for good coverage, you won't find it in this foundation either.

on 3/4/2011 4:30:00 PM

I'm an NC25 in MAC and have oily with dry patched skin. I've always had black/white heads and mild acne here and there with no luck with getting rid of the heads due to my huge pores.

It was between the ProLongwear and MUFE HD for me but ProLongwear won due to the extra long wear on my skin. MUFE was a better colourmatch though since it was more yellow based. This NC25 runs more orange than SFF! PLW is between matte and dewy so it's great for my combo skin. The longwear formula also prevents my face from becoming a greaseball in an hour. Not kidding. SFF literally ran off my face in an hour, leaving it gleaming with grease. MAC Mineralize liquid also did the same thing. It has happened with every other cheap/expensive foundation I've tried--SFF was just the worst. With PLW my skin can now remain normal looking FOR HOURS, with a blot half way through the day. I have not broken out any more than usual without makeup. When it's winter I have to mix in foundation with moisturizer due to the dry patches on my face. I don't need to do any of that when it's warmer and my skin isn't drying up like crazy.

Coverage is definitely not full but that is enough for me since I like looking a bit more natural. It does cover my blackheads and works really well with the oily/dry skin so no complaints here! I've finally found something close to HG for my skin since nothing liked staying on my skin without running off in oil, or being so matte it makes the dry patches worse (even when mixed with moisturizer). It would have been perfect if it was more yellow instead of orange based.

It takes a bit of work to get this foundation off. Even with me touching my face all day long, it's still there and needs to be washed off!

on 3/2/2011 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I recently just purchased the MAC Pro-Longwear SPF 10 Foundation to see if it really did what everyone said (last ALL DAY) and wow were they right! I have the color in NW30 and I must say, it is alot more watery then my other MAC foundations but it really is great so far. This foundation, along with all my other MAC foundations have not made me break out which I love. I applied it around 9 o clock in the morning and it is now 8 in the evening and all of it is STILL ON! Ive been touching my face all day, taken a nap and it still remained on my face! I LOVE it! I cannot believe how well it stays put! I will def be purchasing this in the future when I run out! :D

Video Reviews & Tutorials