January 30, 2015 | 2093 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Liquid Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 4:29:00 AM More reviews by constantonian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just in case my initial opinions about this product were too good to be true, I waited a month to review this foundation. Let me tell ya, it's everything I hoped it would be and more! If you're looking for a semi matte, long wearing foundation, this is it. Call me a snob, but I tend to stick with high end products when it comes to my skin. Prior to this, the only product that I had tried from Rimmel is the Addiction lipliner, which is always in my makeup bag. I picked this up on a whim without high expectations per recommendation by a Youtube guru for about $6 at Target in the shade Sand. I apply this with a flat top kabuki and it blends into my skin like a dream. The squeeze tube trumps Colorstay in terms of sanitation and portion control. When applied after a good moisturizer, this has a much more natural finish than most long wearing foundations. It does have a fragrance, but it's rather light and refreshing compared to other foundations. Its medium-full coverage minimizes the need for concealer. Now I only use concealer for my undereye circles and for darker post acne hyperpigmentation. I don't know if this can actually last 25 hours, but it can sure last at least 14 hours. On the roughest, longest days, this foundation looks like it did when I first applied it. Maybe even better!

I really can't say enough about this product. It's definitely worth a try because it's so cheap and the potential that it can yield great results outweigh any other negatives. Like all foundations, it's best to apply in thin layers to get the best coverage and a natural finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by trinityblade24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally! A reasonably priced, long lasting foundation! I work in an operating room and there is nothing more embarassing than taking off my face mask and finding a coating of foundation on the inside for everyone to see. I was a big user of Revlon Colorstay, but I didn't like the pumpless bottle, the undertone colors never really matched my skin that well (medium, yellow, golden...my veins are emerald green!), and I found it pricey for ds makeup.
Rimmel's 25 hour has a nice, neat squeeze tube, quite a few of their shades have a yellow base to them ( I have Nude), it's a nice rich consistency but not gloppy, blends well, and cost me $5.47 for a full ounce. But best of all...it does not rub off on my face mask!!! It stays put from morning to evening (12hr shift), even though I have very oily skin. So my guess is that this stuff should last just as long on the skin for those who don't wear masks all day!!! Will definately buy again!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 4:28:00 PM More reviews by anfranklin2

I have tried so many foundations to find the one that blends well and covers my blemishes when i have a bad outbreak, because i hate layering on concealer! This is the one! It lasts all day without having to retouch, i wore it all summer and didn't sweat it off at all, doesn't flake, or leave my face looking cakey at all! i absolutely LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

For years I have searched for the perfect foundation, Ive tried them all and after a week or so of using the product go on the search again. This product so far has been the best, I have actually just finished a whole tube and purchased another. I use the ivory and love the flawless matte finish, plus I NEVER have to touch it up through out the day. I use it with the Rimmel matte powder. I have never liked Rimmel foundations, but read a review on here about this one and said why not give them one more try. It seems to work well for all skin types so I recommend it to anyone to try and hopefully everyone is as happy as I was.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2010 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Ally305

Love,love,love this foundation. My skin is clear,no blemishes or anything but I still use foundation because I like that airbrushed glow and that is exactly what this foundation gives me. It lasts all day and I never have to re touch with a pressed powder. I cant live without this foundation.I also tried it thanks to emilynoel83 on youtube! Great coverage and price.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2010 4:09:00 AM More reviews by juicyChiq230

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product, but it just didn't work for me.
I have combination skin, and the foundation came off around my t-zone, especially my nose. It was not "lasting" at all. I guess it would be good for girls with normal or dry sky, but it didn't work well for my oily t-zone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by tastest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Based on the Youtube recommendation of emilynoel83( Beautybroadcast) I tried this foundation. It is fantastic and I am on my 3rd tube.

This, from someone who never wore foundation!

She finds it comparable to Revlon Colorstay but cheaper.

Blends well, great colour range with in store testers so you dont make a mistake and truly lasts way longer than you need it to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by BRANDI7013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Do you have that ONE foundation that you keep on hand because you know that it never fails you? Well, this is that ONE foundation for me. It is not quite HG material (because my skin is just SO so so super oily) but I always (and I mean always) have this on hand. I also have sensitive skin that gets the occassional break out and/or dryness. This seems to work well with anything that I have going on with my skin. It meshes nicely with flakey skin and it also covers exceptionally well when I have breakouts. I wear the lightest shade and I'm a NC15 in MAC. In the tube, it looks super dark but it blends wonderfully into my skin color. I have my mom hooked on this foundation as well. When I travel--I bring whatever foundation I'm trying out for that moment and then I throw this in my bag as well--just in case that "other" foundation isn't up to par. This is only like 7 bucks--worth a shot! I don't think it lasts 25 hours (on me) but for my mom..whos skin is probably classified as normal--she can get some longetivity out of this and it still looks immaculate on her by the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by missallie95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i love this foundation! i have very dry acne-prone skin that flakes with most foundations but this one does not flake up on me at all it almost feels like it moisturizes my skin

its full coverage and i use it as my concealer too
it lasts all day flawlessly but its not hard to remove
now dont get me wrong it will flake if i set it certain powders or a powder foundation but i usually set it with a translucent powder from NYC and its like the perfect combo

the packaging and color of the liquid is deceiving but i usually wear the lightest or next to lightest thats offered and in this i wear 103 true ivory
luv this stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by sumansaran

I'm surprised at the reviews here, because I've had a really good experience with this product after a couple of months' worth of use. I've never worn foundation except for special events, but this one has encouraged me to use it more. Shade #300-Sand matches my skintone (medium, olive-tan-yellow Indian) best, although upon application it looks a tad bit too light. This is most probably because I'm coming off of a summer tan, and the lightness fades away very quickly. The formula is smooth and creamy, and spreads easily - I don't need more than drop or two. It evens out my complexion with light to medium coverage, which is all I'm looking for. What I like most is that it absorbs well into the skin and never looks cakey or too dewey on me - neither drying nor oily. It's just weightless enough, and it actually makes my skin feel smoother and more moisturized than without it. It lasts for hours, although I probably wouldn't reapply anyway. It's definitely worth a try for those who find a good color match, and is the best drugstore foundation I've ever used.