Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

Whats up with the bad reviews? this foundation is dewy and full coverage so you wiill get that "heavy look" if you apply too much. The best way to apply this is using a foundation brush.

what rimmel has done is repackaged it. its the same as lasting finish 16 hour. cosmetic companies do this all the time to keep up with sales and other brands. however having said that, there are some really small minor changes:

* the ingredients in the 25 hour one is slightly different to the 16 hour one. i say its 95% identical to the 16 hour one. very minor changes. but the 25 hour one has almost the same finish**: medium/full coverage, semi matte, dewy, shiny, my shade 200 soft beige is still the same.

**the finish is slightly (and i mean slightly) less sticky and shiny. the 16 hour one was heaps shiny and sticky and you had to set it with loose powder otherwise it would look horrible with powder. it has a more lightweight feel.

so if you love the 16 hour one, you will love the 25 hour one. this is a great drugstore foundation if you set it with powder and i can see why rimmel is wanting to repackage it to make it better.

Oh my god this sucks so bad,It's weird sometimes its liquidy and takes forever to dry and sometimes it's creamy + thick and dries up really fast as for coverage its barely a notch above tinted moisturizer

on 3/23/2011 2:49:00 AM

Like a lot of other people, I first heard of this foundation from youtube's Emily Noel. Her claims on its flawless finish and longevity had me captivated and I couldn't wait to try it out. I picked up the shade in 103 True Ivory which is the second lightest shade (I am a MAC NC20-25). It is a pretty good match, I can probably go up a shade for the summer, but for now, it works just fine. I appreciate the simplicity of the packaging for travel and practicality but I think they should make a smaller spout for the foundation to come out. A light squeeze results in a massive explosion of foundation on my hand. Although this is more controlled than a glass bottled foundation with no pump, I still think the packaging a little finicky. The texture of the foundation is creamy but liquidy at the same time, very similar to the Revlon Colorstay (without the awful paint smell). I apply this with a buffer brush and I get a medium-full coverage depending on how much foundation I use. The finish is not too matte, surprisingly natural for a long wearing foundation and not difficult to work with at all. I do set it with powder because of my oily skin and although I can't make any statements about its 25hour claims, I will say that it does last longer than an average foundation. I think the lasting power is definitely on-par with the Revlon ColorStay and it doesn't feel as heavy on the skin. I applied this foundation at 7am this morning, it is now 11:45 pm and I must say that my makeup still looks decent. And a HUGE plus is that it is very inexpensive so I will definitely repurchase.

EDIT: I've bumped this up to 5 lippies. I have used this foundation EVERY SINGLE DAY this week. This never happens to me, I have many, many foundations and I like to rotate them daily depending on how long I have to be out. This week was particularly hectic for me, so I knew I needed a longer lasting foundation to plough through the day. This foundation stayed on through 9 hour school days, stormy wind and rain, 8 hour shifts, and even a party. Now, I have had to smooth down oilier areas of my skin (my T-zone) by the 7-8th hour of wear, but that is perfectly fine with me. And I acquire a "radiant glow", according to my highly critical sister, after my powder melts in. Great foundation, this will be in my stash forever, I officially like this better than my MAC Prolongwear AND Revlon ColorStay. Ladies, go buy this now!

on 3/22/2011 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

great coverage, lasted at least 12 hours (that's how long i keep my makeup on) and i have very very oily skin. covered up all my acne and scars. the packaging lets you get every little bit of makeup possible.

on 3/20/2011 2:10:00 AM

I really enjoy this foundation because for my dry combination skin, it gives me a nice , dewy finish on my cheeks which i LOVE. It goes on smoothly and blends very nicely. The coverage is pretty good, and it is thin so it does not feel like much is on your skin. I can layer it as a concealer without it looking cakey. Neutral undertones are a plus as well. I just wish it had SPF but otherwise I really like this product.

on 3/20/2011 1:31:00 AM

Coverage: Medium to full
Lasting Effect: 6 hours for me
Finish: Matte, natural

This product looks really natural.
My only con is that this product has so much coverage, that it kinda make my face looks flat.
This happens because my face basically only has one color, cause the foundation concealed everything.

This could easily be counteracted though with a blush and bronzer.

This product in no way shape or form stayed for 25 hours.
I would say this lasted maximum 6 hours.

on 3/17/2011 11:54:00 PM

An ok foundation, coverage isn't enough for me, good lasting power though.

on 3/16/2011 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I saw this product on my sister's bathroom counter and thought it looked interesting since it claims to last 25 hours. Of course, I never keep my makeup on that long, but I am a working student so longwearing makeup that actually works is a pure God-send. This stuff lasts, especially when set with powder. It makes my skin look flawless -- The coverage is amazing.
Don't be turned off by the color selection... The color I was matched to looked darker than any foundation I have ever bought, but it worked perfect for me.
Highly Reccomend!

on 3/16/2011 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product went on very smooth and made my skin look good.
It seemed to stay on while I was running around...

The packaging for Rimmel is HORRIBLE. It was hard to find one that was NOT touched or used! I wish they put a seal or something around the bottle.

The foundation is VERY runny! You have to be careful not to take too much. I've only opened the bottle twice and it looks like I've been using it like a squirt gun...I'm not BTW.

Its cheap, has ok lasting power. Its like a colorstay wannabe. Not many shades to select from. Also does this weird caking thing around my eyes. Will repurchase for the price though.