October 25, 2014 | 936 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by cappsma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am typically fighting breakouts, mostly on my chin, from roughly April to August. In the fall and winter I rarely break out. A friend recommended this and in addition to using tougher products for summer (Murad and Clinique products with salycic acid) I have noticed a tremendous difference in my skin this summer. My breakouts have been reduced by about 90% and when I do break out, it is minor, easy to cover, and clears quickly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by oneofmylies99

While not a necessity and by no means does it replace any element or step of my current skincare routine, I like this little machine. I'm acne prone and quick to get clogged pores and blackheads if any trace amounts of make-up or waterproof sunscreen are left after cleansing. I use the Clarisonic with Cerave cleanser to follow up my make-up remover and I can be sure that all traces are removed. I feel a washcloth is just as effective but a bit harsh. I've gone through periods of months where I don't use it and there isn't a huge difference in my skin but it's definitely a bit better when I do use it. I'll take any advantage I can get. I'm happy to have it though I wish I would have sprung for the pro version which comes with the body brush. I've tried the Mia with a Normal brush head on my elbows and knees and it still feels too gentle. The Mia is a great size for travel but I'm considering buying the pro version for the different speeds, the body brush, and the timers. While I don't have the pro version, I'd recommend getting that over the Mia unless you travel a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by naturallyfab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Even with various skin systems, I've always had blackheads and clogged pores. Within 3 days of using the Clarisonic Mia night and day, my blackheads are almost gone! I cannot believe it. I was really skeptical about this, but now I'm behind it 100%. If this ever poops out (my parents still use their original Sonicare toothbrush!) I will definitely get another one. I can't imagine cleaning my face without this now!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by StaceySmith945

I can`t decide how I feel about this, I`ve been using my clairsonic mia for around two months and when I started to break out the within two week. I didn`t think much of it, I though my skin was just purging. But after two months it really hasn`t been getting better, but not worse either. I`ve tried changing my face wash and changing the brush head but nothing! I`m going to keep using my clairsonic for a little bit longer to see if the results will change.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by fabianowen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After using this product for a few days and I have noticed, like others, that I no longer have the dry flakey skin around my nose. No breakouts either~I have combo to dry skin. I use Purity Philosophy with it and so far I have no complaints. Just the price seems a little steep. I bought it to help with the fine lines and breakouts I seem to be getting~so, I will update if it does seem to get better.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by DakotaD

I look forward to using the Mia everyday because it leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh. It has also contributed greatly to clearing up my acne. I also love how durable it is, and don't have to worry about breaking it if I drop it in the shower. There are a few reasons it does not get the full 5/5 lippies though: 1) I cannot use this (with the sensitive brush head) on my cheeks as it is too rough. 2) I also wish the battery life were longer (it's intended to last for 20 uses/10 days) as I use this for about 2 minutes each time instead of 1 minute as intended (so I have to recharge it every 6 days or so). This would not be a big deal except that it takes a day to fully recharge. 3) You should replace the brush heads every 3 months, and at $25 a pop...it can get costly over time! All that being said, I'm glad I invested in the Mia, it is a must-have beauty tool!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2011 3:05:00 AM More reviews by xxcookii

The bristle really hurt my face when i was using this .... It didnt cause any breakouts but i think it was too harsh even though i was using the sensitive brush .... Didnt do too much on my skin .This didnt exfoliate my skin but it did clean left over residue of my makeup .... But for the price im paying ... i expected a lot more .

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by SuzyQ26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't say enough about my Mia! My skin looks and feels so much healthier and I'm not singing the flaky, dry, rough skin blues anymore :) I use Estee Lauder Soft Clean Moisture Rich Foaming Cleanser w/it twice a day. This is the first product I've ever used that hasn't left my face more irritated and flaky. I also like the fact that it fits perfectly in my hand and packs quite nicely when traveling.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by lsmiles13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about a year and my skin has completely transformed. I have combo-to-dry skin (depends on the season) and it has I no longer have any flaky areas, my tone and color is more even, and not a breakout in sight.

The cleanser that comes with this is total junk. I have the best success with a plain sensitive skin Dove beauty bar soap.

My only gripe is that the brush heads are expensive but the results are worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by DHendricks999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using the Clarisonic Mia for 2 days thus far, but I wanted to just kind of document my ongoing experience with the Mia for people who might be curious-so I will keep updating this review.
FYI: I have combination/oily skin (more oily than anything-but I do have trouble with flakiness pretty often).
I got my Mia yesterday at the Nordstrom anniversary sale (got the "Island Coral" Mia) and used it for the first time last night with the sensitive brush head. After cleaning my face then patting dry with a towel, my skin immediately felt more parched than I have felt it in years and years. I immediately misted my face then applied my serum to get some moisture back into my skin. I was surprised that it had so thoroughly stripped my skin of all its natural oils so quickly. In some of the reviews, I've read that the Clarisonic really magnifies that effects of the facewash that you use with it. A seemingly gentle facewash can suddenly become much too drying or harsh after using the 2 together. Well, after my experience last night I am pretty sure that's true. But I did decide to use it again tonight to see if it got any better. Nope. If anything it was much, much worse. Literally the second I finished patting my face dry, I could just feel my skin tightening uncomfortably. I turned to look in the mirror and I had flakes and flakes of peeling skin all over my nose and chin. I guess I will have to try getting a gentler cleanser (maybe a cleansing milk of some kind or Philosophy's Purity Made Simple?? Pretty much anything non-foaming), and see how that works out. If it is still too drying, I will probably have to return it. Honestly, I bought the Mia to provide a light, light exfoliation while getting a deep clean but if it just strips my skin, I could have achieved the same effect with a harsh salicylic acid gel cleanser. I don't need the exfoliation that badly, I have found that a muslin cloth is the best thing I've tried out of aaall the countless exfoliators/scrubs I've tried over the years. I really do want to love the Mia though. In concept, it sounds great and the reviews are so amazing, Like I said, I will continue with it but with another cleanser, then I will update. For now, 3 lippies.
7/19 Until I have enough time to go to Sephora to purchase a bottle of Philosophy Purity Made Simple, I decided to try out the Gentle Hydro Cleanser that came with my Mia. Much, much better! Also, I realized that another problem I made was that I was using the Mia on my face for about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes instead of the recommended 1. Washing for 1 minute, along with using a gentler cleanser, has made all the difference in the world. Of course if I were to not use my hydrating spray and serum right after, my skin would still be a lot drier than normal but that's because the brush is really getting in there to deep clean your pores. Literally, there will be no oil and dirt left. So, I have added a lippie. My skin has been feeling very clean and smooth and a bit glowy. But remember: once you start using the Mia, there is a chance that you will have to readjust all the products that you have been using-no matter how long you have been using them. I have been using Aveeno's Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser for about 4 1/2 years and its always been great. Cleans my face perfectly without stripping my face of moisture. But if I want to permanently add the Mia to my skincare routine, I won't be able to use my face wash any longer. At least not in conjunction with the Mia. Will keep updating!!
7/26 So, my face has been feeling pretty good lately. Very clean and smooth (but I would still say not as smooth as when I use my muslin cloth). But then, about 2 or 3 days ago I noticed I started getting very tiny whiteheads all over my upper lip and chin area. Everyday, more keep popping up-and I haven't changed my face routine at all. They are really tiny-but numerous. Then, I woke up this morning and I have 2 huge zits on my chin. I am really hoping that this is the "purging" phase that everyone keeps talking about. Not too excited to wait this part out, but I guess I will tough through it and see if it doesn't stop in a week or 2. Will keep updating. Hope this has been helpful so far.
8/7 So, those little whiteheads and big pimples cleared up only after 4 or 5 days. Since then, its been clear skin!! I have started using it only every 2 days though because I don't care what anyone says: exfoliation is exfoliation and it's only meant to be done a few times a week. I use the sensitive brush head and I feel like that plus a gently non-foaming cleanser plus using every 2 days is still probably a little more than I really need. But, I still am not over the newness of using the Mia. Maybe after a few months the novelty will wear off and I will only use it 2-3 times a week. Anyway, A+ product really. I am keeping it at 4 lippies though. Even though I love my Mia-I don't think its such a "must-have" like so many people rave. Yes, it deep cleans and exfoliates and is fun to use, but if you are someone that has ever used a muslin cloth than you will know what I mean. Muslin cloth is a great CHEAP way to get glowing, smooth skin.