April 20, 2014 | 1982 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by gogoamy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The missing piece of the puzzle in my skincare routine! I have tried every acne treatment under the sun over the years, short of Accutane. I started Tazorac 4 months ago, and while it made an improvement, I was still getting breakouts. After much research and reading reviews on this board, I decided to give the Mia a try. I got it at Sephora since they have a great return policy and figured I'd just take it back if I didn't like it. The first time I used it, I was ready to write a review on how much I LOVED it, but figured I should wait and use it some more. My skin was soft and it felt like it could breathe again! Shortly thereafter, to my dismay, I started purging - bad. I read that this is likely to happen, so I tried to not panic. After two solid weeks of purging, my skin is glowing. I feel like this little gadget has given me the extra oomph I needed to finally have nice skin. I actually look forward to using this every day! Thanks Clarisonic!!

EDIT 10/1/12: Unfortunately this ended up not working for me after all. It seemed to help at first, but it ultimately ended up irritating my skin and making it very red. Bummer.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2011 4:32:00 AM More reviews by beautyflo

I bought this product based on the great reviews over the internet but I found it very disappointing...
It's been almost two months now and I still don't see any miraculous effects happen to me...
My skin stays the same (I am actually grateful that it didn't worsen my skin cos the pressure on skin is definitely much much harder than using my fingers).

I think this product is overrated!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

I have been lusting after the Clarisonic Mia forever and just couldn't justify the price. After doing some research into cheaper versions (and learning many of those out there, while cheaper, are not sonic), I finally purchased the Pretika dup at Bed Bath and Beyond. Unfortunately, the brush was too scratchy for my somewhat sensitive skin and there are no other brush options available for the Pretika.

So, I caved in and purchased the Clarisonic Mia. I checked all over (brick/mortar stores + on line) and thanks to someone on the skincare board, found it the cheapest on a particular website - total w/ shipping was $116 from myexclusivespa.com. It came fully equipped like if I had purchased at Ulta - even a trial size of cleanser.

I have been using every other night for a month and I really like it!! I did break down and purchase a delicate brush head off ebay and it is SLIGHTLY softer than the sensitive brush head that came w/ my Mia. Frankly, I will end up using the sensitive one once my delicate one wears out. Both brush heads are softer that Pretika's.

Like the Pretika, this is a very effective cleaning tool and I notice my skin drinks up my moisturizers and treatments much better. My occasional flakies along the sides of my nose are totally gone now.

I feel my skin is cleaner (as evidenced by my cotton round drenched w/ witch hazel toner and swiped across my face after using Mia just to check and make sure there is nothing left behind = there isn't = I don't use my toner anymore.) I have used the cleanser that came w/ the Mia = its fine, would never purchase since I can't tell the difference when I use it or my normal Cetaphil.

My routine = cleanse w/ oils (grapeseed/sweet almont/vitamin E) wipe off w/ either wash cloth or Ponds wipe, put Cetaphil on face and use Clarisonic all over for max 30 seconds, rinse = very happy skin.

As long as I am VERY gentle w/ the pressure I apply, this does not aggrevate my subtype I rosacea (redness) on my cheeks, nose and chin = WHOO HOO!!

For those w/ less sensitive skin, I recommend saving your $ and purchasing the Pretika. For those w/ more sensitive skin = Mia is the way to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Blplunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My wonderful husband and kids got me a Mia for Mother's Day this year. I have used it nightly since and I love it!! I did have an inital purging period, which seems to be dying down now. (this could have been from the Retin A too, though I've been on that for about 3 months now) My skin feels silky smooth after using this. I was initally afraid it would make the Retin A absorb more and therefore make it more harsh, so I dropped down to every other night with the Retin A for a week to make sure and worked back up to every night. I use my Mia with the Garnier Moisture Rescue cleanser which is quickly becoming and HG for me as well.

I had previously purchased the Olay Pro X brush and I liked it as well, but it really doesn't compare to the Mia. I know a lot of people said it was a dupe, but this is another testimate to "you get what you pay for. "
I remove my make up first by washing by hand and then wash again with the Mia. I feel the texture of my skin has improved greatly in the last few weeks, if you're on the fence you should really give this a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by makeupandmintchocolate

So I have only been using my mia for about 2 weeks.

So far: I love it for the fact that it really takes ALL my makeup off and leaves my face feeling smooth and clean (without being squeaky clean)

Please do not expect miracles with this product. Maybe I need to use this for a longer period of time in order to reap the benefits, but my skin texture has not improved much. My skin is not less oily either. Two things that I was and am hoping for.
But I do not have any breakouts since starting to use it which is most likely due to the fact that it cleans my face very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by wootwoot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, so here it goes... I've used clarisonic mia for about 3 months now, and I can see that my skin has gotten better (in a general sense) but nothing like BAM!!! I've got this flawless smooth skin. A little about me: asian girl, fair skin, burns/tans easily, and has occasional congested forehead & menstrual/hormonal bumps on the face. I had suffered from what others call adult acne, so out of desperation I bought this hoping it would help with the acne. What I want to tell people before they make a purchase is that,if you know you thoroughly cleanse your face and take good care of it, but still end up with acne/bumps/pimples or whatever, DON'T BUY this because it won't cure any of that. This is not to be used to "cure" acne. It's literally just an expensive exfoliator. I grant you, my skin has gotten a little better, it's a bit more smoother but for the cost of the actual thing + the replacement brush you'll have to buy every 2-3 months, I would say it's not really worth it. The only reason I've gotten rid of my congested forhead is prescription gel(differin), and it has finally cleared up my skin (i tried so many different products, I kind of feel bad wasting so much money+time on them). So basically, if you feel like you want a good exfoliator, then go ahead, but if you already have pretty good skin, then it's not really worth it because it won't do much good for what you already have.

Also, if you're debating on whether you want this or the bigger clarisonic, I would suggest getting mia, because it's portable and does exactly the same thing the upgraded ones have. If you want to get all fancy and buy body brush, then you'll have to choose pro or something else because mia isn't compatible with those body brushes. But if you just want it for the face and neck, I would say mia is the way to go. Also once you buy clarisonic, you can get this coupon redeemed from their website (doesn't matter where you got the mia from, you just need the code printed on the actual brush) that can help you save some money for your future brushes. I got 2 brushes for 25 dollars, but once i run out of those, i might just get the replacements from ebay since they are pretty pricey.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by helena1014

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have watched/read so many reviews on the Mia I was seeing it in my sleep. I finally took the plunge and purchased it and I honestly wanted to love this so much. Good on Sephora for having such an awesome return policy because after much struggling and disappointment, it went back. I purchased the brush for delicate skin and this was still way to harsh for me. My skin is sensitive, but not overly, and I used as recommended with my regular skin cleanser. Immediately after using it my skin looked fantastic so I did have high hopes. When I woke up the next morning, it was Zitpocalypse! Now, I know that when you change your skin routine, your skin can and often will break out as it readjusts, but after a few weeks it just never got any better for me. I went back to using the little scrublet that comes with the Loreal Go 360 Cleanser.

I gave it a 2 because it definitely did deeply cleanse my skin, I just couldn't handle the seeming neverending aftermath of terrible skin. At $149 I simply couldn't justify keeping it if I wasn't 100% happy with it. Even though the Mia is about $80 cheaper than the regular vesion, I still feel like that's a heft price tag for a cleansing brush.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by bambigirl0512

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This has absolutely transformed my skin! Less breakouts, less oil, less visible pores, all leading to needing less make up and other products!!! I use it twice a day as directed. I cannot believe the change my skin has experienced. You will not be disappointed with the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by tiffany0794

I don't really think it's a miracle product. But it has definitely changed my cleansing ritual and my idea of cleaning my face correctly. For the first week my skin was becoming really flakey, and I felt as though I had a lot of dead skin cells on my face. But after that initial week, my face got used to the Mia and now it's extremely smooth. I have always had that amazing smooth feeling the day after a sheet mask, but it has never really lasted. Now my face is completely smooth all the time. The Mia has also completely unclogged my pores, especially my nose. I always suffered from black heads and I would always use masks to extract all the dirt. Unfortunately blackheads would still continue to come back sooner or later. But since I use the Mia every night, my nose has been completely clean. Also, the Mia does not get rid of acne. I'm sure the deep cleansing aspect of the Mia will help any breakouts, but I personally did not see my pimples drastically disappear after almost a month of use. I really think that this is an investment, and I do believe that it's worth the price if you have any major skin concerns. But if you already have pretty good skin, I don't think you have to RUN and quickly spend that much. I've always thought that my skin was already pretty perfect, but the Mia has made my skin reach to a totally different level. If you have the money then definitely give it a shot, and if it doesn't work, Sephora always has a good return policy. But I would say that it is still not a MIRACLE product in terms of acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by kreamsoduh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It is great for travelling since it is relatively small and you can charge it before you go and the battery usually lasts me about a month or so using it once a day. If you use it twice it can irritate your skin somewhat so I only use it at night before I go to bed to get off all of my makeup. The sensitive skin head works well but I prefer the "normal" one because it exfoliates just a little bit more and leaves your skin soft and luminous. Works exceptionally well at removing dead skin but is still gentle enough for everyday use.