August 29, 2014 | 1183 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by forbidden_desire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Mia for about a month now and already I see a difference in my skin. I have oily acne prone skin with a few little breakouts and bumps. Since using the Mia my skin is smoother with fewer bumps and breakouts. This wont completely get rid of all your acne problems but it does help alot. I use makeup almost on a daily basis and I feel much better after I cleanse with the Mia.. no makeup residue on the cotton ball after using toner! I get the same clean feeling after using a washcloth, but the difference with the Mia is that it isn't harsh and abrasive at all like a washcloth can be.. and it doesn't turn my skin red and irritated. I use it daily at the end of the day with my own cleanser, but instead of using it once for that one minute I use it for about 3 minutes. I can't imagine my skin care regimen without it! I still get breakouts once in a while but not as much as I used to.. I know it isn't going to give miracles, but I also know that my skin is definitely clearer since using it. So if you have acne problems, I suggest giving the Mia a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by kristacular1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let's be real; this isn't a miracle worker! It WILL be doing your skin a favor, however, to incorporate this into your daily routine. Besides the deep cleansing of this tool (which results in tighter pores, less breakouts and more radiant looking skin), I have to believe that this has the ability to rejuvenate and stimulate your skin to an extent. This is simply for cleansing, but may give your skin some light exfoliation. With regular use and a good skincare regime, problem skin will most likely start to reveal better clarity and a more even skin-tone.

If you've already got flawless, trouble-free skin you aren't going to see a drastic difference (though it is still good for your skin), but if you struggle with skin issues, you will most likely see at least a slight improvement. As mentioned above, a good skincare regime is important and you will get greater penetration of beneficial products (serums, copper peptides, vitamin c, etc).

REMEMBER people, PLEASE remove your make-up BEFORE cleansing with this. It is not meant to be the sole source of make-up removal. Remove most of your make-up with a make-up towelette, OCM, cold cream or whatever method your prefer and THEN cleanse with your Clarisonic.

I love the Mia!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by jennyttran2002

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have mixed feelings about this product. My face felt really clean and i didn't have to use toner after cleansing because the clarisonic really took all my makeup and dead skin off. After 3 days of use, twice a day i now have milia all over my face which i've never had before. I'm going to try using this product every other day because sometimes less is more.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by soooo

I have been using the mia in jaguar print for about 3 weeks now and first of all let me say the print is fabulous! Also, i've noticed a dramatic change in my skin. I use it once a day on my face and since i started using it I've stopped getting pimples. I have tried a lot of things for my acne and even though it was never too bad it's always been really stubborn so im surprised this made such a huge difference. I dont see any reason why you would need different speeds so if you're looking to save money the mia is perfectly sufficent.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by ET3638

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had my Mia for 2 months now, and I don't know what I would do without it. This is the greatest investment I've made and I don't regret ever paying such a high price for this tool. My skin just doesn't feel clean if I don't use this, so I can never ever go a night without using this. Love that I can take this in the shower with me! LOVE LOVE LOVE my Mia!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by ZG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hi Gang:
Well, I have been using Clarisonic Mia for almost a month.
I suffer from acne, poc marks and hyperpigmentation and I am in my 40's.
Overall, my skin is much happier than its ever been. My breakouts have been greatly reduced. I am a realist when it comes to my acne. It does not cure acne but its been helping me by reducing the amount of new pimples that I do get. If I do get a pimple, in 3 -4 days max it pop naturally.
Very important gang, if u love to wear make up please make sure u do a "preliminary" cleaning before using the
Clarisonic Mia- trust me it will cut your cleansing time in half

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by greenteamui

I can't live without this!!! I am totally sold. I love my mia. Yes I would admit it is pretty expensive but it works wonders for me and itís worth every penny. I have oily combination skin and this helped improve the over texture and appearance of my skin significantly. I use to have a lot of acne scars and this in conjunction with AHA has helped fade a lot of those scars. I use my mia twice a day morning and night. I did not experience the purge that some people did. My skin is my radiant and I no long need to wear foundation daily I just use a little concealer and Iím out the door. I would consider purchasing the 3 speed clarisonic but mia is definitely better to travel with. And YES i would repurchse this over 1000x over again too.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2011 7:41:00 AM More reviews by SB80

OVERRATED! My acne actually got MUCH MUCH worse using this but I persisted thinking it was an adjustment period. Luckily, my Mia stopped working after 6-8 weeks and my acne improved significantly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by shellj5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin saver! I had hyperpigmentation from the sun and my dermatologist gave me creams, topicals, and I even had facials done - none helped. I got this as a gift and after a month of use, the hyperpigmentation had drastically improved. When I saw my dermatologist at my next visit, she said the creams were working, wrong! I told her about the Mia and she couldn't believe it made such a difference. It automatically shuts off to let you know you've used it long enough which is great. They offer 3 different heads for every skin type. It charges via a wall adapter so no changing batteries and one charge lasts a long time. I wash using warm water and do circular swirls then rinse and it honestly keeps my skin clean, fresh & any new sun spots that may appear don't stand a chance against the Mia. It's my own little facial tool that feels great and keeps on performing so this is my HG in skin care. The price is well worth the end results.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by owotlarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This thing simply RUINED my skin. All the hard work I've done controlling my acne in the past 5 years undone by this expensive toy. Clarisonic spread a few scattered pimples (I had it down to maybe 1 or 2 pimples on my face at a time) into a massive breakout on my chin and cheeks...places where I've NEVER had a break out. I've tried everything: changing to sensitive brush, changing to gentler cleansers, cleaning the brush head with anti-bac soap after use, using it once a day. NOTHING has made this better, my skin has only gotten worse. I read reviews about "purging"so I gave it 4 weeks. I should have gone with my instincts about this "purging" business being bogus. In just 4 weeks I have about 4 or 5 awful red post-acne scars on my face. Everywhere this thing touches it seems to make my skin worse. I tried it on my sun-damaged chest, which promptly became red, splotchy, and bumpy. I've never in my life had a single bump/zit on my chest, but the Clarisonic decided to spread the love down there. I really don't know whose skin can take this kind of punishment, but my suggesting is if you have or have ever had acne: DO NOT USE THIS. Or at the very least have your dermatologist talk you out of it first. I've never regretting any purchase more than this little devil brush...All this being said, the one place this hasn't wreaked havoc, my forehead, looks very shiny and smooth. Too bad it doesn't distract from the carnage on the lower half of my face.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No