September 14, 2014 | 2168 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by juvenileOrion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in Mont Blanc and it's the perfect shade for my skin. My skin is not flawless, I do have a couple of marks here and there but I don't like wearing heavy foundation, so I use some concealer and put this over. It gives a glowy look and I like its lightweightness. I don't like the packaging because you have to pour it out on your hand and sometimes you pour too much and waste the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Lazza91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is good as it evens out your skin tone and appears very natural. It gives a sheer coverage which is buildable and doesn't look cakey. However, i have a few problems with this foundation: 1) It does tend to cling onto any dry bits of skin you have which is irratating, 2) It doesn't come with a pump which means you waste alot of product and 3) It is very expensive. Overall, this is a good foundation but, i wouldn't say it was worth it's price.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by ihearttmac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this product has its ups and downs. i like it because it makes your face not oily looking but nice and glowy. it is VERY expensive. the one thing i dont like it the packaging. usally i end up putting to much on because it doesnt have a pump. overall it doesnt give that much coverage but if you want more of a glowy face go for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by glittterati

This is a GREAT foundation. It's not heavy at all and feels really light on your face. It's NOT a full coverage foundation. So if your looking for that, this isn't your foundation. I have pretty flawless skin and this gives me a sheer coverage to even out my skin tone! I recommend this 110%!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by magic_glitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love Sheer Glow. I wear the Siberia shade, and amongst all the different foundation brands I have tried, it is the only shade I've found that matches my skin tone perfectly. My only gripe is that it is a moisturizing foundation and my skin is oily-combo. I attempted to use the NARS Sheer Matte line, but I found the Sheer Matte foundation difficult to blend. But I use a mattifying moisturizer and some mattifying powder with Sheer Glow, and my nose and forehead are kept fairly shine-free. Overall, I love the way it blend into my skin, matches my skin tone, and lasts all day. I wish it were cheaper ($60 CDN), but I've had my bottle for a year and I still have a good amount left, despite daily use.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by jahara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hey guys,

Just for reference- I am an NC43/44 in Mac, unfortunately I had to buy 2 of these to get a good colour match - Tahoe and Syracuse.

I also have a very oily t-zone, slightly oily cheeks and an unusually dry chin :S

I love the way this foundation makes my skin look when applied but I feel that this lasts on my skin for about 6 hours, which is not long enough for me- for this reason it looses one lippy :( . The foundation undertones are the best I have come across so far and I have had great difficulty finding a good match in other higher end foundations. I have oily skin and I don't have a problem with the "glow" this provides. I cant be certain but, I THINK there is something in this foundation which makes me breakout in little white-heads. Due to this and the fact that it hasn't got a pump it looses another lippy.

Pros:
*Most natural looking foundation I have tried as of yet.
*With good oil control prior to application, the foundation does "glow" without looking greasy.
*Though I have to mix 2 colours, it matches my skin better than any other.
*Doesn't oxidise much on my skin. It does change colour slightly but not to the extent that I end up looking orange (Ahem...MAC!!!)
*Covers hyper pigmentation and acne scars pretty well.
*Medium coverage foundation which I prefer. Also when I wear this foundation it never looks caked on.
*Easy to blend.

Cons:
*Doesn't last long enough for me. I work long hours and after about 7 hours when I look in the mirror my foundation looks as if it has separated on my face.
*There is no pump, if drug-store companies can put pumps on their foundations, I'm pretty sure Nars can add a pump to theirs.
*I have noticed little white-heads after wearing this foundation :'( though my skin is sensitive anyway and I have reacted to a few foundations.
*I have not had this foundation long and I have 2 bottles so you would think that I have tons of product left- WRONG! I do not use this everyday and when I do I use a "dime-sized" amount. However, the bottles are half empty. Due to it not having a pump I am wasting way too much product :(
*The price is quite extortionate at I think £30 a bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by misanders

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this foundation!! I normally wear Estee Lauder double wear light in the summer, but for some reason my skin has been more on the dry side than oily. So that wasn't working as well. This is perfect. Glides over my dry chin easily. The pigmentation is awesome. I have hyperpigmentation and this covers most of it with one light layer. Last most of the day. Thank you Nars!
Just wanted to add that I use one pump ( I buy the pump) for everyday coverage, and 2 pumps for heavy coverage. And I have hyperpigmentation. My favorite application is the real techniques stippling brush, my fingers, or beauty blender. I then use Chanel powder to set. This is still my favorite foundation!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by xkudax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Positives:
the foundation gives a lovely dewy finish. It is easy to apply and also blend. The brand has a nice range of colours. I am an NC50 and i bought the foundation in Macao and also in New Orleans which i wear depending on the season and my tan.

Cons:
Price!!!!!!!!!! good lawd jesus...!!!

UPDATE!!!!
This foundation was lively when I first started using it but now, not so much. It basically slides off my face after a while and has to continuously be set with powder to control shine! Will not buy again!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by kiwiteddybear

I got this after reading countless reviews and I must say it lives up to most of the hype. It gives a flawless finish especially when used with a Beauty Blender (I tend to like medium coverage and I feel that if I use a brush like a F80 the cover is a little too heavy my liking). The staying power is decent especially when you set it with a decent powder. I'm about a NC35 and I found that Barcelona matched me the best! The only thing I dislike is the lack of a pump and I refuse to pay for a pump and it's almost impossible to find as well since they don't usually carry it in Sephora. The colour options are decent and besides for the lack of a pump and the pricey side it's a pretty good foundation, not sure if its my HG but it'll do for now. I am dying to try some Chanel foundations though.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 9:26:00 AM More reviews by LuvRin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really do like this foundation- it's easy to apply (i use my fingers), it glides on smoothly and doesn't streak, it makes my skin look flawless. And it stays that way for a long time... EXCEPT it oxidises on me after a few hours. I wear the shade Barcelona which is the exact match for my NC40 skin tone. Initially it always looks perfect. But as the day (or night) goes on, I notice I start to look really muddy, like I've applied too much bronzer all over my face. Not a good look! It's not so bad that people stare at me, infact I don't think anybody else notices it because no one has mentioned it to me. Maybe they think I'm just naturally tan? I dunno. I do like the foundation very much and I will continue to wear it, but I wish it wouldn't oxidise on me. It makes me think twice about applying bronzer! If I wear this foundation, the only thing I'll use bronzer for is to contour my cheekbones.