Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15

3.4

ACTIVE Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15% and Zinc Oxide 5% INACTIVE ingredients: Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 11/4/2009 11:39:00 AM

I have extremely oily skin, and I use powder "foundations" rather than liquid because I molt by mid day. I decided to try the SPF version of Matte because I am outside quite a bit. I've only been using this product for 2 weeks, but so far so good. I only need to touch up once a day, whereas with my previous powder foundation I was touching up 3-4 times a day. Matte is very sheer on my skin, doesn't even look like I'm wearing anything but yet controls the shinies and covers my sun spots nicely. I even use it as a concealer around my eyes. I only gave it 4 lippies because I haven't quite tested the SPF qualities of it yet.

on 11/1/2009 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love the new matte formula and will continue buying this instead of the regular formula. The regular formula was good but left my skin shiny mid-day, requiring m.veil. Since I have shiny/oily skin, this works all day without touchup. I have no complants about the coverage on my redness/blemishes because I have always had to use the bisque for my problem areas. This product is great for my skin!

on 11/1/2009 9:06:00 PM

I think that overall this is a good foundation for light to medium coverage. It doesn't cover some of my blemish scars as good as other foundations but it is really good for days when i dont feel like being totally made up. I also like that it has sunscreen. Thats one less thing i have to do in the morning.

on 11/1/2009 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My skin is super oily so I was thrilled to hear the matte one came out so I could finally get in on the mineral makeup hype - I bought this earlier this fall when it was first released at $28US. The Sephora SA matched me to a medium which is a good color for me (MAC NC35, Chanel medium beige).
I don't get the hype though - it's basically just a loose powder. I get the same look/effect if I apply my usual powder foundation with a brush. It doesn't seem to have lessened breakouts and since the coverage is lighter than my usual powder foundations, I'm usually shiny by mid-morning.
It's an OK product for me but I doubt I'll buy it again. continued >>

on 11/1/2009 5:59:00 PM

I've been using Bare Minerals foundation for years and bought the matte formula shortly after it was released. I really like it! With the other non-matte formula my face got oily throughout the day and I would have to touch up often. With the matte, I'm not shiny, without being overly cakey/powdery. And no breakouts. Also, I love the new packaging - I can take the foundation anywhere with me now, without worrying that it's spilling all over my purse. Simple but amazing feature. :)

on 11/1/2009 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

It is definitely matte! I have rather oily skin and this kept my skin shine free most of the day. However that was the only highlight of using this powder. It looked very chalky on me regardless of the brush I used. I even sprayed a light mist of water on my face and it still looked chalky.

Hate the original formula. This is OK. Not the greatest but not the worst. Doesn't cover well or stay on my skin. Maybe I am applying it wrong but it doesn't look like I have anything on when I apply it. Not in a good way like the ads say either. Mediocre.

on 10/29/2009 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

omg..I loove this makeup..I hated the original BE makeup...but my skin is soooo oily....love!!

on 10/27/2009 4:01:00 PM

I've been using Bare Minerals for several years and recently received a sample of Matte. While the product is nice, I prefer the "regular" Bare Minerals foundation much better. I found that the Matte made my skin look a bit dull when used over my entire face. So what I like to do is use a baby buki brush and apply the Matte on my nose and chin (my oilier areas) first, and then go over my entire face with the "regular" Bare Minerals foundation. This is a nice option if you have combination skin. I will continue to use the sample until it runs out, but I probably won't buy it again. I'll be sticking with the regular foundation instead.

on 10/26/2009 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After using the original for over a year, and trying the new version, I've realized that what I need is a mixture of both! I like the coverage of the original version but don't like the sheen or the large pores that I had with just this. The matte formula takes away the sheen and minimizes the pores. But I dont want to look completely matte and lifeless and the coverage is kinda light. So I actually use one over the other: first apply a layer of the original BE and then dust lightly the matte BE. And Love the Coverage this way!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review/Comparison: BareMinerals vs. It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination by TheKatalicious17

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products