July 22, 2014 | 1297 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2009 3:53:00 AM More reviews by amandapaije

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I HATE this product.
I love bare minerals (the original). It feels so light on my skin, it covers my face evenly, it doesn't clog my pores and break me out like other foundations have in the past. I also like that I don't have to use a lot to cover my red spots and it never feels heavy on my face. I have been using the product for years and have even recruited others as members of the bare minerals fan club. I was so very excited about the new matte foundation. I really like trying new products but in the past few years have never tried a new foundation, I haven't needed to, so you can imagine my excitement with this product. The sales woman at Sephora even raved about it. She said that she doesn't even use Bare Minerals but she loves this stuff. Anyway, I got it home and I really like the new sifter thing. I have wasted so much product in the past by it spilling out and everywhere and then I pick too much up on my brush and have to tap it out into the container thing only to have it just spill out into the cap the next time I use it. This seemed like it would eliminate the problem. I don't know and I don't intend on giving it a chance to see if my theory is correct. I hate, hate, hate, hate this product. I have dry skin but I put on moisturizer and a hydrating primer before applying my foundation and I never have a problem with my skin drying out, but with this, omg, i put it on and it instantly dried my skin out! It is also a different color than the others. I use the Light foundation and so I got the Light matte and my face looked orangish. My face looked dry and orange! I showed my boyfriend thinking that maybe it was just in my head and I was being too critical of the stuff, so I asked him what he thought and he said that my makeup looked cakey, I looked in the mirror again and sure enough, around my cheeks the foundation had gathered together, didn't smooth out and it looked like I had been icing Halloween cupcakes and the orange frosting dried on my face. I went to take off the makeup and my cotton was completely orange with makeup, it looked like I had put on 4 layers of makeup with I really just had on 1. On the upside, it did minimize my pores but I defiantly won't be using this again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Zelicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is such crap it's ridiculous. You get less product for more money. I HATE the new top. It does not make things less messy. It traps some of the powder in the plastic and you end up wasting a lot. I didn't even think the originally was messy or needed any changing. I tried this because I do get oily around my nose and have to blot during the day AND this doesn't have bismulth(s.p). It doesn't cover NEARLY as well as the original, and the colors ARE DIFFERENT. It definitely essentuated my pores!! I just had to powder my nose and I've only had this stuff on for about 3 hours. It feels different on the skin, in a bad way. It's more yellow than the original. If you like the original but have a more yellow skin tone and you don't have anything you're trying to cover up and you have the tiniest pores in the universe then maybe this would work for you. I'm returning this ASAP.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by MarifreakinA

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm always looking for a foundation that will keep my skin looking matte (I love Revlon Colorstay and Estee Lauder Double Wear), but I always like natural looking make up for days that I don't need as much coverage. I thought this would be my HG light coverage foundation, unfortunately, I was wrong. Not only did this not give me the coverage I desired, but about 3 hours after I put it on my face would get oily. I think this is for people that have combination skin and not really oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I got this over the weekend and used it this morning (I have used Light in the winter & Medium Beige in he summer). I was very happy with the coverage and it did make my pores look smaller. I didn't need to reapply and it lasted all day. I will use this the rest of the week and then post an update. So far, definitely would repurchase.

UPDATE: much prefer the matte version to the original. I use my Clarisonic in the shower, then apply my oil-free moisturizer & eye cream, then the BM right after and VOILA poreless skin.I love the new packaging too - no product isn't wasted.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by quelani

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

What I look for in a foundation is that it doesn't feel heavy, evens out my skin tone, lasts more than a couple of hours, and that it doesn't make me look like a "grease ball" by the end of the day. Never tried any Bare Escentuals product before. Got interested in this since it says "matte" on it. Having oily skin, and trying almost every foundation ever made, I decided to give this a try. It also seems that people really like this foundation. However, I don't like it at all. It does feel light on the skin. And when I applied it, it did even out my skin tone. However, the shade - medium beige- was too light for me. But, the next darker one was too dark. I bought the medium beige because I thought being too light would be better than being too dark. My issue with this foundation is that it did not lasts long on my face. After just a couple of hours, my face looked greasy. When it seems like I put a lot on, because it is starting to look cakey, I still get the greasy look. I even use the primer that goes with this for oily skin. Really not impressed. Still on the hunt for a foundation that will, at least, keep my oily skin from looking more oily in just a couple of hours.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2009 1:02:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

I got a sample of this product in Fairly Light. So right off the bat, it's just too matte for my dry skin. It also doesn't have as much coverage as the original, leading me to apply a lot to make it enough. It also looked sort of chalky on me, which I expected from the "matte"-ness. I heard that it had the tendency to turn orangey, which it did. I have heard that this is from the RareMinerals (which I don't like to begin with) it contains. I had also heard that the colors tended to run darker than the original, which I also agreed with. Hmm, but maybe that was just the orangey-ness. However, I will say that it wore well throughout the day,and didn't move. I can definately see how others like this better than the original. But all the negatives and my skin type just make it a product that's not for me, which I didn't think it would to begin with. So no dissapointments there!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2009 12:13:00 PM More reviews by melanieschmidt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked the original, but didn't love. This stuff I love. It really does minimize my pores, while the original seemed to accentuate them. I like the new design of the packaging, but it still gets a little messy, that's why I rated it a 4. It's hard though, with this type of make-up to get a mess proof way to apply it.
This is a good product and I would purchase again- plus it has SPF and you gotta love that! AND it still looks fresh after 8 hours, another plus.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2009 4:59:00 AM More reviews by girleygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice product, however, I don't feel like they have enough color choices. I've got a medium-tan (Indian) skin tone and it's really hard for me to find a true color match. I tried the 'Medium' one and it was a bit light. Then I tried the 'Tan' one and it was a too dark...so, I was very frustrated. However, I do like matte foundations and this product leaves no oily spots in your face! It would be great for lighter skin tones :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by NancyHaney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall I like this product. It take me more product though to get the same amount of coverage as the original.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2009 7:57:00 PM More reviews by beautygirl82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

You know this product isnt all natural, that's wat they say but its all lies!!!