April 21, 2014 | 1506 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by jackie84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Packaging is so much better this time! There's an inner lid that clicks into place so that you can actually travel with it. The matte formula doesn't dry me out at all. I've got combination skin and it does help keep shininess away. Coloring is about the same as your old bare minerals foundation color if you ever had one and like the other reviewers have said this has lighter coverage and is a little darker in color than the original formula. Overall, great foundation. Will buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by dcolesco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm an oily skinned gal that has used the original formula for approx 10 years. It definitely took some trial and error to not get the shiney look and it was never a "transfer free" finish on my face. I tried the matte today and although I did indeed remain matte, my skin was very dry and itchy throughout the day. I just did my evening routine and my skin is extremely red and flakey. I'm willing to give it another chance since it was just one day of usage, but I can't think of anything else that would have contributed to the change in my skin today. Oily skin thats red and flakey isn't pretty :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by chrisaro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a sample from ULTA. I really like it. I've used the BE foundation for awhile but this is better. It really does stay matte all day. Not great on coverage but I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 1:53:00 AM More reviews by yallagabig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First of all, I love the new packaging. Why can't they make all of their jars like this? Second... this formula RULES. Let me just say I am an extremely oily human being. I am a girl who, historically, (and even with the old formulation of the same foundation) generally goes through two full (yes, FULL) blotting sheets every day. I am telling you people the absolute truth here: in the five days I've been using this, I have not had to blot ONCE. AT ALL. EVER. I'm not making this up. It's that good. I'll generally have it on for a full twelve-hour day, and never have to blot. EVER. Sometimes I notice if I leave it on longer than twelve hours I feel just a bit greasy, but for a reference point: it usually takes me about four hours, with the other formula, to get the same amount of oil as I got after about FOURTEEN hours wearing this foundation.
This stuff is fabulous and I love it. I LOVE it. I can't believe they didn't make this sooner. Here's my one and only small complaint: I bought this in "Fairly Light," which is my normal (and PERFECTLY matched) shade. However, in the Matte formula, it looked really dark on me, to the point where it was just disgustingly orange. It was so dark and orange that I actually had to go into Sephora and exchange it for "Fair" (the next lightest shade - and actually, the lightest of all). I haven't tried it yet, but I'll update if there's a problem. From the reviews I'm reading, it looks like "Fairly Light" does seem to be the only shade that's been made noticeably darker in this new formulation. It's pretty hideous. I don't know what it's all about. But the color was my ONLY problem. The formula itself is PERFECT!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 6:20:00 AM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this in Fairly Light which was oddly golden almost to the point of being orange on me. I tried it over my usual moisturizer, Cerave lotion, and it was streaky at best. It didn't blend well at all. So after suggestions from the skinboard, I tried it over my MAC Prep and Prime with the same results. Blotchy, streaky mess that I had to wash off because it looked so bad. I returned it and repurchased the Laura Mercier MMU that is a great match for my skintone and all around a far superior product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by TiffH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well it's about time is alll I can say. I first tried Bare Minerals when it was just on infomercials and have gone back to it periodically since then. The color match (warm tan) is spot on but I am super duper oily and couldn't stand how oily I looked. I've tried numerous mineral makeup brands and settled for an off color just to avoid the shiney look. Well I'm glad BE finally caught on. It does take a little more to cover but I use MAC concealer underneath all makeup thanks to acne spots. Now if they could just come out with an intensive formula like Everyday Minerals :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Right I agree, the review for this product did go down since I last checked also. I think people just dont give things a chance. But I think its a really good foundation. Well ok, On me I think its good. It gives a radiant and luminous finish. A brilliant color match, I definitely can roll with this mineral powder.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2009 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Buttercup86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, the reviews for this product have gone way down since I last checked. I have been using this for 2 weeks now, and I feel comfortable enough to write a review on it. I've tested it out in 2 different climates (FL and NC) and it has not made me itch nor breakout. It was the bismuth in the original that made me break out. I have to say I quite love this fdtn. The packaging is much better than the original and not messy to me at all! My face looks perfected with this, it looks like my pores disappear and my skin looks very smooth and even. I just hope I don't start getting odd breakouts in the next few weeks. I went ahead and bought 2 colors, the fair and fairly light. I will use the fairly light for summer and the fair for winter. This does not seem to have as much coverage as the original, but a light second layer gets the job done. Also, if I use a dense flat head brush (I LOVE the Philosophy Supernatural Airbrush) I usually don't have to apply second layer. I will update if anything changes, but right now I am loving it. If you are unsure just ask for a sample, I tend to find I love products that usually only get an average rating on here.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2009 11:06:00 PM More reviews by DianAdams

well i got a sample of this. the first time i used it, it was matte, but it made my face SOOOOO oily. so i put it away. i used it 1 more time the other day, and it was perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2009 8:07:00 PM More reviews by GlitterGirl172

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Matte??? No on me its not as shiney as the original but it still makes me too shiney.