Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15

3.4

ACTIVE Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15% and Zinc Oxide 5% INACTIVE ingredients: Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 11/1/2009 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My skin is super oily so I was thrilled to hear the matte one came out so I could finally get in on the mineral makeup hype - I bought this earlier this fall when it was first released at $28US. The Sephora SA matched me to a medium which is a good color for me (MAC NC35, Chanel medium beige).
I don't get the hype though - it's basically just a loose powder. I get the same look/effect if I apply my usual powder foundation with a brush. It doesn't seem to have lessened breakouts and since the coverage is lighter than my usual powder foundations, I'm usually shiny by mid-morning.
It's an OK product for me but I doubt I'll buy it again. continued >>

on 11/1/2009 5:59:00 PM

I've been using Bare Minerals foundation for years and bought the matte formula shortly after it was released. I really like it! With the other non-matte formula my face got oily throughout the day and I would have to touch up often. With the matte, I'm not shiny, without being overly cakey/powdery. And no breakouts. Also, I love the new packaging - I can take the foundation anywhere with me now, without worrying that it's spilling all over my purse. Simple but amazing feature. :)

on 11/1/2009 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

It is definitely matte! I have rather oily skin and this kept my skin shine free most of the day. However that was the only highlight of using this powder. It looked very chalky on me regardless of the brush I used. I even sprayed a light mist of water on my face and it still looked chalky.

Hate the original formula. This is OK. Not the greatest but not the worst. Doesn't cover well or stay on my skin. Maybe I am applying it wrong but it doesn't look like I have anything on when I apply it. Not in a good way like the ads say either. Mediocre.

on 10/29/2009 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

omg..I loove this makeup..I hated the original BE makeup...but my skin is soooo oily....love!!

on 10/27/2009 4:01:00 PM

I've been using Bare Minerals for several years and recently received a sample of Matte. While the product is nice, I prefer the "regular" Bare Minerals foundation much better. I found that the Matte made my skin look a bit dull when used over my entire face. So what I like to do is use a baby buki brush and apply the Matte on my nose and chin (my oilier areas) first, and then go over my entire face with the "regular" Bare Minerals foundation. This is a nice option if you have combination skin. I will continue to use the sample until it runs out, but I probably won't buy it again. I'll be sticking with the regular foundation instead.

on 10/26/2009 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After using the original for over a year, and trying the new version, I've realized that what I need is a mixture of both! I like the coverage of the original version but don't like the sheen or the large pores that I had with just this. The matte formula takes away the sheen and minimizes the pores. But I dont want to look completely matte and lifeless and the coverage is kinda light. So I actually use one over the other: first apply a layer of the original BE and then dust lightly the matte BE. And Love the Coverage this way!!!

on 10/25/2009 8:15:00 PM

I lovelovelove this product! Im very happy with it. I bought this product about 2 weeks ago at Ulta for i think 28 dollars. It is very matte and doesnt make your face look oily at all. The one downer about this product though is that its coverage is light to medium. I wish their coverage was a little better but oh well. Overral im pretty satisfied with this product, Oh yeah sometimes my skin can be fairly dry and when i apply the foundation on (or almost any powder) it kind of sits ontop of your skin and you can see the powder...which isnt very cute. All i usually do is spray a little of the Mac Fix Plus spray on and it helps the skin soak up the foundation. I think you could also just spray some water on and it will soak it up.

on 10/25/2009 5:46:00 AM

I just bought this product on Ebay because it was about 5 bucks cheaper and so far i like it. The coverage is light to moderate I'd say but with some concealer it covers well. It doesn't accentuate my pores like the original and it doesnt make me all shiny and oily looking like the original. Im acne-prone so I will update if it breaks me out! A good primer is key for mineral makeup.
UPDATE: this foundation started making my face itch like the original formula unfortunately... It only gets itchy when Im outside or just hot and sweaty. I've moved on to this foundation by Palladio called wet/dry foundatiom amd I absoltely love that stuff (check out the reviews on it!)

on 10/24/2009 3:14:00 PM

It is matte...it stays on and covers well. But something in it still made my skin itch and had a rash. I'm very disappointed.