December 20, 2014 | 1352 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 11:43:00 AM More reviews by boadicea23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I generally like L'oreal mascaras and I thought the idea of "comes off with just water" sounded wonderful since the removal what I hated about LashBlast. The problem is that while it does come off with warm water. . what you then have are crumbs of mascara all over your face that you then have to get off. I got one of those crumbs accidentally in my eye and it was awful to get out. :( While I am being more careful about taking it off so I don't have a repeat irritation, I would not purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2008 11:16:00 AM More reviews by kiki77

Ok so herd about the hype of this mascara so I purchased it w/out waiting for it to go on sale...(I'm very impatient like that). Anyways, I tried it out and to be honest, it just didn't work for me. It clumped on me and didn't really make my lashes look nice at all! Used an eyelash comb and it still made my lashes stick together. I'm not a fan of the shorter wand either, although I must admit the shape of the tube is comfortable while applying. The one and only thing that I def liked about it is that there is practically NO smearing/smudging when removing it. The little "tubes" do really literally just come right off. Will not be re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 4:03:00 AM More reviews by vivla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I brought this because it was on sale for $5.99. The part that attracted me was the 'beauty tubes'. I thought it was interesting, so I thought I give it a try. I LOVE IT. This is the only mascara I've tried so far that doesn't smudge after a day's wear, and most of all, it does not give me raccoon eyes after the shower. With warm water in the shower, the 'tubes' just fall off with a gentle rub on your eyelashes. I was a bit shocked at first, but I was happy that there wasn't any dark residue left behind after shower (which usually happens with other mascara I've tried). I definitely love this, and I have to say this is better than waterproof mascaras!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2008 12:10:00 AM More reviews by mosaic77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading all the reviews, I had to buy it and I did! But what a disappointment! It is no where like Kiss Me Mascara, the brush is too big and uncomfortable to work with. It clumps a lot and one essentially cannot comb the lashes after application, the "tubes" will come off like flakes. BTW, I actually got better results without the base coat. I do not know if it is necessary to have that white base coat. While I am not an expert in mascara application, I have successfully used Revlon Lashtint without major problem and yet this mascara has given me a headache over how to make it work. I have used Kiss Me Mascara for about 3 yrs and I do think that the texture of the mascara is similar, but it will definitely benefit from having a smaller brush. One positive thing about this mascara is that it is easy to remove and it does not cause any smudging, similar to Kiss Me Mascara.

But again, I will not repurchase since it is a hassle to use.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by gloria_conway

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I need to use tube mascara as I have very sensitive eyes. I've been using the blinc kiss me brand, but wanted to try something less expensive.

I really liked how my lashes looked after applying, but removal wasn't as easy as with blinc and my eye became irritated. I tried it twice and both times woke up with red, stingy eyes, so this mascara isn't for me.

I would recommend it for anyone who wanted to try tube mascara but didn't have sensitive eyes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 1:00:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yet another one bites the dust... why do I keep trying? *sigh* I didn't have a problem with the packaging, except when I set down the "side" I wasn't using I had to make sure it didn't roll off the counter. The base was like any other base: white and reminiscent of a glue stick, and the mascara made my lashes stick together something fierce (ALL day long, despite my attempts with a lash comb). Some of tips of my lashes even pointed downwards at the end as if the "tubes" melted and drooped. Not pretty. I did notice a bit of lengthening before that happened, but nowhere near the 80% they advertise and nothing any other mascara couldn't do. There is no volume whatsoever, which it doesn't claim anyway, and applying more than one coat (which I did just to see what would happen) just ends up clumpy. I even tried applying other mascaras over the top (like Colossal) as some have suggested, and didn't notice a difference, other than more stuck-together lashes and spider legs. Even without that, say goodbye to whatever curl you had before you applied, because this mascara yanks it out like nobody's business. On the plus side, if there is one, it was easy to remove unlike some other tubing mascaras I've tried (looking at you TF and Prestige....) and didn't smudge, flake or smear, nor did I have raccoon eyes in the morning from mascara residue. Still, for $11 plus tax it's hardly worth it just for the ease of removal so I'll go back to my trusty CG and Maybelline and swear fealty to them once again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 12:37:00 PM More reviews by neomatsek

I never bought a 2 step mascara before,but I wanted to give it a try,so I bought the L'Oreal Beauty Tubes mascara some weaks ago.I was totally suprised,it worked great with my lashes.I think my lashes are just normal,not too long,not too short.The primer just make my lashes longer,and a bit thicker,and then comes the colour,and it looks great.I really got some compliments after I started to wear the Beauty Tubes mascara.So I'm gonna stay with this product.It is easy to apply and I can wear it all day,it stays on.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Tigrrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually love this product, I took off one lippy just because it's trickier to put on with the big fat tube, I wish it was smaller.

I've never been a fan of Loreal mascaras, they always gave me raccoon eyes. I always end up with Max Factor 2000 calorie, because I refuse to use separate eye makeup remover and then wash my face, and that stuff never smears under my eyes and washes off with soap and water, but it's just a so-so look.

What intrigued me about this Double Extension Beauty Tubes was that you just use warm water to remove it. It doesn't smudge and smear under my eyes. It doesn't flake at all. I was a bit freaked out the first time I washed it off, as I thought it was my eyelashes coming off, but it's just the weird little tubes, and just some splashes of warm water and the stuff is off! The look is much more glam than 2000 Calorie, but not so much volume that you look like a drag queen.

I got it for $10 at Walgreens, and I'll definitely be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2008 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Stephie2705

I have MEGA sensitive eyes, so I have to use mascaras which come off with warm water. Eye makeup remover is a complete no-no for me. I'd previously been using Clinique's Lash Power, which was still working well for me - just wanted a change. I saw this advertised on the TV, and decided to give it a go.

I normally don't use two-step mascaras, I rarely have the patience! However, I gave this the benefit of the doubt. It works really well, really lengthens and elongates my lashes, which is always a good thing! However, two coats of this stuff and you are in major clump city! Have to be careful to get it perfect with the first coat! Other than that, I would be happy to buy again :-)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 8:13:00 AM More reviews by sloro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the most disgusting mascara to remove. I ended up with black slime in the shape of eyelashes all over my face, along with a few actual lashes, yuck! It did a decent job of lengthening my eyelashes and did not flake or smudge, hence the 2 lippie rating, but I cannot tolerate the removal of this stuff or losing eyelashes. This is definitely being returned!!!