L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes

3.6

Magnifier Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Steareth 2, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Rayon, Panthenol, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Methyparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, 2 Oleamido 1, 3 Octadecandiol, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Simethicone, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben May Contain: CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide.
Extender: Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat., Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, Acrylamide, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Phenoxyethanol, Rayon, Polysorbate 80, Methylparaben, Imidazoldinyl Urea, Sodium Dehyroacetate, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Ethylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben May contain: CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 77007 (Ultramines), Mica, CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), FIL D32060/3.

on 11/29/2008 9:16:00 PM

I think this product really sucks, but I have found if you use the white tube building stuff with l'oreal telescopic mascara instead of the mascara that comes with it it builds beautiful, long, fake looking lashes. The drawback to that is that it can become expensive buying both products. Why can't L'oreal just sell a tube of the white stuff by itself and let you buy whatever mascara you want to go with it? I recently bought some Tweezerman Fat Lash that works in the same way. I think i will like it once I master applying it, only it is quite expensive also.

on 11/24/2008 7:46:00 PM

Eh....wasn't impressed. I have pretty long lashes to start with and can generally get away with DS mascaras. I went from using Px Beyond Long with their primer to using The Body Shop's Divide and Multiply...which I get with a discount because I'm a TBSAH rep and I get the same effect with less steps.

That said, I couldn't pass up 80% longer lashes....not! I don't think it really did much of anything lengthwise and now I'm dreading taking it off tonight (first time I've used it). I have to use eye makeup remover to take off the ES and water to remove the mascara...something that's an inconvenience I could live with if I got wowzer lashes, but I didn't.

on 11/24/2008 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the only mascara I've ever LOVED. Everything about it is amazing- It makes my lashes long and thick, holds the curl from my eyelash curler, does not budge at ALL (no flakes, smudges) and comes off totally clean with just warm water! I think that this lives up to all the claims from the commercials I saw on TV and in the ads in magazines... which really surprised me, because of course so many cosmetic companies trick us with false claims. But this mascara is fantastic! I will keep buying it as long as they make it. I don't think I've ever been so impressed with a beauty product.

i'll just go ahead and go on record and proclaim to the world that i never read directions. in that regard i'm such a boy. and my favorite products are all about the eyes with eyelashes leading the pack. i'm blessed with long, thickish lashes but they're blonde so mascara is always required to not look like a freakishly large kindergarden student. and really is there such a thing as too long? i think not. so i bought the double extend beauty tubes mascara - i liked the packaging but naturally didn't read the directions. didn't really matter in the long run.

the primer coated each and every lash REALLY well and i thought from that i was going to be uber impressed and could toss out my diorshow forever. wrong. the color end went on very glossy and covered up the white which was nice as halloween had passed. but it was thin and although they didn't advertise for any thickening there was none delivered - for sure. it did give me an amazing length - very false eyelashes looking but with no thickening. but i had let the primer dry before applying the color and perhaps that was the problem for me. i did very much like the after effect but for me it was what i call dressy t-shirt makeup - nicer than basic but not nighttime worthy.

the problem - and the only reason i would not repurchase - is the removal. ya - it's tubes. ok i get that intellectually - but until you have the warm water hit it and see what appears to be your full set of lashes on your hands there is no way to prepare. i dashed from shower to mirror to make sure that they were still there as i had a perfect set on my washcloth from where i had washed my face. freaked me out.

second time was prepared but still - ew. so i have it and use it and then deal with removal. it's fabulous when it's on - and cold water won't budge it. the look is lovely and the price is good. maybe i'm just a wuss - but i won't rebuy. probably.

on 11/24/2008 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Not as good as the original double extend b/c it does not volumize. The formula is more lacquer and less creme like.

Its a mess to remove. Will not come off unless i wash 3-4 times in warm water. Comes off in a bunch of strange black de-natured looking clumps.

FAIL

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

if you want lashes that WILL NOT flake...this is it!!! IT will not come off....it's even hard to try to get this off.....
It does make it look like you have lash extension...you have to put the white coat on ..and then immediatley put the mascara on...no waiting for it to dry....

i did write about how hard it is to get off on my blog... http://kandeethemakeupartist.blogspot.com ,but overall this will not flake or smudge...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using this mascara for about a week. My assumption was that it was just another gimmick and there was no way it could lengthen like the commercial and package says it will. I was wrong about that. It does lengthen quite a bit, but everything else about the mascara just plain stinks.

1) the packaging really stinks. The wands are too short and too awkward to get a good application and there is way too little product in each side of the tube.

2) for me, it did not remove as easily as the package says. i pretty much just have to sit there and pull it off my lashes when wet or use makeup remover... either way it's messy because of the stringy manner in which it comes off. i rather use an eye makeup remover than deal with this.

3) application is too complication. you must apply the second step IMMEDIATELY after the first step or else it will get clumpy... and don't even think about applying a second coat or you'll look like a spider sat on your face.

Overall, it was a waste of my time. Nothing beats my Lash Blast. Sorry L'oreal, but you have a lot of work to do with this one.

on 11/21/2008 11:09:00 PM

I found the application of this mascara to be somewhat awkward - the handle is very thick and the brushes could be better for reaching into inner & outer corners of lashes. I do think the price is reasonable for the product's performance. It does make lashes look loooooong, but not thick. Exactly what it claims to do. This stuff is impossible to smudge, so if smudging & racoon eyes are a problem for you, give it a try. As other reviewers say, it's tough to remove. I've found the best way is to use philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser to take it off. I had no luck at all with warm water as the package suggests. When it does come off, it comes off in little strings - nothing like regular mascara. Kinda strange, but did make my lashes loooong, and didn't budge thru the day.

on 11/21/2008 3:04:00 PM

I had been very curious about this product since my old roommate told me about the more high-end "tube" mascara, so of course I went out and immediately bought this when it hit the shelves. I have pretty decent eyelashes and usually just want them to be lengthened and hold their shape. One of my mascara pet peeves is using so much eye makeup remover to get mascara off, and then it still leaves a big mess of black around my eyes anyway. This mascara is great; the primer really gives your lashes a boost and the formula stays on all day. It easily comes off with warm water and gently pulling your lashes (not too hard, just sort of pinch n' pull them enough to get the product off). Ta da! No messy circles under the eyes, and your lashes are fully clean.

on 11/19/2008 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Just so that everyone knows, I'm a makeup junkie that doesn't wear anything outside of the house except lip balm/gloss, a bit of foundation and/or powder to cover zits and sun-damage melasma, and on rare occasions mascara, mainly for test runs.
Anyhoo, I bought this stuff out of sheer curiosity, as I already have long lashes [but they're stick-straight cuz I'm a lot Southeast Asian, lol], and it was on sale at Longs for $6.99. It has two steps, the primer goes on white [really white], give it a sec to dry, then apply the mascara, which I got in black. I was really surprised at how the stuff CURLED my lashes, WOW! Doesn't even say anything about that, lol! It dries relatively quickly, but not so fast you can't add coats - I applied three, no clumps, no problem. It dries kinda hard, and I was very aware [for lack of a better word] of my lashes, so keep that in mind if you find that annoying, but it wasn't to the point where I was annoyed. And it lasted all day without running, flaking, fading, falling, and my biggest things, raccoon-eyes and smearing! It's been a very rare formulation that doesn't run on me, having a greasy mug and eyelids. It also didn't come off with tears [the medication I'm on makes me yawn ALL THE TIME, so my eyes are constantly tearing], or with cold water, so you're safe if it rains, lol! I had heaps of fun taking it off, used warm water, and it softened and turned into this funny-haha moss-like mass, it slipped right off my lashes and rinsed down the drain, no pain, no hard rubbing, no lost lashes, completely clean eyes, YAY!!!!!!!

It's not my f-a-v-e, one lippie off for regular price and cuz it does dry a bit hard, Also, if you aren't careful about the way you apply the primer you're bound to have problems trying to cover it all w/the mascara, plus it lightens the mascara's color if you use too much [grey eyelashes, yay - NOT!].

Everyone's experience will be different [duh], but for myself, I'm very happy with this stuff, and feel good about recommending it to anyone who's interested in trying it, and I'd repurchase.