August 1, 2014 | 1811 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2008 9:39:00 PM More reviews by moncli

I've had good experiences with other L'Oreal mascaras in the past, but this one was a total let down. One coat of this and the ends of my lashes looked weird, like they'd been smooshed against something. Two coats, lots of clumps. Never seemed to dry...tried using my curler about 30 minutes later and had to peel each individual lash off the curler.

For the record, I'm familiar with tubing mascaras and the whole primer/mascara deal...I much prefer the Maybelline XXL Extensions.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by tjoyu

I normally don't buy 2 step mascaras...I always thought the primer end was just a waste of money/space and a way for companies to rip you off by offering less of the actual mascara. This stuff did wonders for my average length eyelashes! No smudging or flaking. I thought it added dramatic but beleivable length to my lashes and made my eyes have that bright, sparkly look to them. The only catuionary statement I have about this is the removal. It comes off very easily but disolves into a creepy, spiderweb consistency. I thought my eyeleashes were melting the first time I saw. All in all a really good DS product. I will be repurchasing this when I run out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2008 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Gabriel679

My lashes look fake! And totally perfect!

I've tried similar products and found them pretty useless, but I saw a commercial for this new mascara, and I'm always looking for something that will make my short, skimpy lashes look bigger. I tried this - right now they only have two colors: "Black" and "Blackest Black". I have "Blackest Black", which seems to be less charcoal then the "Black", if that's possible.

Note: I've used Too Faced's mascara, which claims to have the same technology as this one, but I can never get that product to come off. At all. Which scared me on this mascara, but they are totally different.

Application was pretty easy and not as awkward as I expected, although I always have to blot the wands of new mascara for at least a month to remove excess product. The actual packaging for the mascara seems easier to hold to me - must have to do with the shape.

The first coat went on easy - I did worry that it would cause clumps because of how it looked initially, but as soon as I applied the mascara coat, one word : WOW. My lashes are well-defined, have volume, show up and accentuate my eyes, and of course, they are MILES LONG. Pretty awesome.

I will say that the two-coat deal is kind of a bummer - some mornings I may not have time for it. And as always, I have to "learn" to use the new packaging without smearing just a tiny bit of mascara on my eyelid right next to my lashes, but I really like this product. It is a bit expensive right now, but when the newness wears off, I'll be on the prowl for BOGO sales!

Highly recommended.

EDIT: Still using this almost daily, and still loving it!! It can be tough to get off, though - I use a eye-makeup remover first, to sort of "loosen" the product, and then I wash my face, and I just keep rinsing until all the little black bits of the mascara come off. It can take awhile, but it all comes off, which is more than I can say for my Lancome L'Extreme, which smudges after removal like nobody's business!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2008 7:14:00 AM More reviews by iheartsu

Absolutely breathtaking mascara! My eyes look so stunning with it! When i went to buy mine, I asked the cashier what was so good about it, and she said the white side gives your lashes extra care, so that the black part doesn't 'hurt' your lashes.
She said that Loreal made this black side extra strong (because of the volume + length) and said it would damage your lashes if you only applied that, so the white part would be for:
1. the volume
and 2. care :)

3 in one~
volume + length + care!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by bjborsody

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am really on the fence about this. As is pointed out in other reviews, the conditioning part of the product seems like a wasted step. The wand length is annoying. I rather like the mascara, but as I only use it on the outer third of my top and bottom lashes (over a coat of Almay in Amethyst) it is hard for me to give an informed opinion about using it all over. Still for the money and the hype, I feel it was a let down and no better than a million other mascaras out there. The model in the ads? I am assume she is wearing falsies. Most of them are.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2008 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Chuckers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a non-smudging lengthener and saw the advertising just like everyone else. I wasn't easy to find as it is the "flavor of the month". It's expensive for a drugstore brand--12 dollars. It is a clunky design with a real chubby wand that is not easy to hold. It doesn't clump and it doesn't flake. However it does take the curl out of eyelashes that have already been curled so you will have to use a curler after applying and drying...Yes, I know that's not advisable, but it's the only way for we straight lashed folks. The removal is easy. There was no scent which was good and it dried fast. It adds a bit of length, but it's selling point is that it is is smudge resistant and it doesn't clump.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2008 12:33:00 PM More reviews by jldwdl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara! It doesn't smear or flake and I love how it comes off so easily with warm water. I hate trying to take off other mascaras with eye makeup remover and have always had a problem with raccoon eyes. It's not the best at volume but it makes my lashes pretty long and is a good daytime mascara. Will repurchase just for the staying power and easy removal.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2008 6:25:00 AM More reviews by silvertips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first 'tube' mascara - I just had to have a go.
I do like this mascara but it doesn't give me as lovely lashes as Lancome Virtuose.

There was no clumping and it does lengthen so i'd give it a thumbs up for that but it seems to be missing the 'wow factor' for me.

Love the way it slides of with warm water! No panda eyes at all. And as someone else said, it does not budge all day unless you apply the warm water.

Would not repurchase as i'm on a continuous mission for the HG mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 1:40:00 PM More reviews by goldenina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara can be described in one word - AMAZING!!!!!! Will not flake or smudge all day!!! Gorgeous long lashes which is easy to remove!!! I'm hooked!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2008 9:39:00 AM More reviews by SherryL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been a fan of "tubing" mascaras for a few years now. Actually, they are pretty much all that I use. My favorite brand has always been the Blinc Kiss Me brand (used with Kiss Me primer for added fullness), followed by Philosophy and Too Faced. At $20 a pop for each of those (plus another $20 for the primer) they can get expensive.

I was THRILLED to see a drugstore release of tubing mascara, but wasn't sure if it would hold up to my favorite Blinc + Blinc primer. In a nutshell, it did! The overall look is actually much fuller than with the Blinc Kiss Me, although the removal is a bit more difficult. The Blinc product effortlessly glides off with warm water. This product requires a bit more patience. Just like with all tubing mascaras, there was no smudging, smearing, etc... even after use in a pool. I didn't notice the clumpiness that the poster below noticed, just that it is more of a volume building product than Blinc is.

I love that the primer and mascara comes all in one tube and for the $12 that I paid for it, well it really can't be beat if you are a fan of tubing mascaras. Will definitely repurchase!