April 18, 2014 | 906 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2008 9:39:00 AM More reviews by SherryL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been a fan of "tubing" mascaras for a few years now. Actually, they are pretty much all that I use. My favorite brand has always been the Blinc Kiss Me brand (used with Kiss Me primer for added fullness), followed by Philosophy and Too Faced. At $20 a pop for each of those (plus another $20 for the primer) they can get expensive.

I was THRILLED to see a drugstore release of tubing mascara, but wasn't sure if it would hold up to my favorite Blinc + Blinc primer. In a nutshell, it did! The overall look is actually much fuller than with the Blinc Kiss Me, although the removal is a bit more difficult. The Blinc product effortlessly glides off with warm water. This product requires a bit more patience. Just like with all tubing mascaras, there was no smudging, smearing, etc... even after use in a pool. I didn't notice the clumpiness that the poster below noticed, just that it is more of a volume building product than Blinc is.

I love that the primer and mascara comes all in one tube and for the $12 that I paid for it, well it really can't be beat if you are a fan of tubing mascaras. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2008 12:47:00 AM More reviews by kristinashleyfryman

Giving into the impulse buy of a new mascara, I rushed out to the local CVS to buy L'oreals new double extension. The wear of the mascara was amazing, it lasted all day long leaving no smudges or flaking.Once dry the mascara gave little definition to my naturally long lashes, rather it turned them into hard spider like lashes. The removal of the product was interesting, the beauty tubes came off easily with warm water, but in reaction to the water it somewhat turned into a latex type of material. It was odd pulling or sliding off the tubes due to the latex type consistency that it became. I normally use covergirl lash blast and have found no flaws in the product. I will continue to use covergirl lash blast as it provides me with the qualities I am looking for in a mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2008 11:19:00 PM More reviews by mingu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product was TERRIBLE! I hope I can still return it to CVS. I thought this would be a great cheap alternative to blinc but it's not. The wand is big and clumsy, and the formula is clumpy. Not at all like blinc which is always smooth with buildable volume if you do it right. I even tried to do this with and without the primer but it's just icky.
Just want to give a small warning to those who LOVE blinc's Kiss Me mascara and think this is going to be the same thing.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by judiwright

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried other 2 step mascara's, but the idea of lash extentions intriged me. Alas, no better than the Maybelline XXL mascara at almost twice the price. I actually prefer Rimmel Glam'Eyes out of all of them. It makes my lashes fuller in 1 step and thats what I like the most after all. I just had to give something new a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2008 10:37:00 PM More reviews by sweetiekins224

When I saw the ad for this mascara in my magazine I ran to my local pharmacy to purchase it because the tubes idea was so fascinating to me! I don't like the white conditioning part of the mascara because I feel like it doesn't really do anything and it doesn't get completely covered by the black mascara. The black part of the mascara is glossy and doesn't clump and it definitely does add length, but NOT the 80% that L'oreal advertises. I compared the lengthening with my Sephora Triple Action mascara and it was about the same. I didn't like that it took out the curl in my lashes so I had to try to curl them again after the mascara dried (but this took forever to dry). I do like how easy it is to take off though.. just a little warm water and the mascara gets gooey and slides right off.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2008 9:18:00 PM More reviews by elastikgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well i dont know how i like this product...I like it dont get me wrong but i dont know if there is a big difference between this and my other mascara. My other mascara gives me more volume and this one gives me a little more length. The thing i LOVEEEEE about this product is it is SOOOO EASY TO GET OFF...It doesnt stain your face or anything its really weird when you take it off, its like string. If you get some on your face you can just take it off with your fingers, its not like normal mascara where you need to use make up remover because it staind your face! I am soo lazy when it comes to taking off mascara so im going to keep using this and see what i think!!
UPDATE: i dont like this. it makes my lashes hard and you cant keep applying to get volume.. when i try to apply to get more volume it start clumping bad. so i will not be buying again!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2008 8:21:00 PM More reviews by HapaDynazty

Wow, I wasn't expecting much but I do like this mascara for a day look. It doesn't significantly plump my lashes but did lengthen them pretty good. I went trick or treating with my son in the cold with my eyes watering and this didn't smudge. When I got home and took a hot shower (mascara comes of with warm/hot water) it came off easy. No eye makeup remover needed! I didn't give it a full 5 lippies because I wish it did thicken more. Also, my lashes were pretty soft and looked feathery. UPDATE..12/10/08, still loving this!! Using it everyday! I read some newer reviews and I am not getting how people are saying this mascara is ripping their lashes off? Also, this DOESN'T come off with waterproof eyemakeup remover, hello!! Its not waterproof! You HAVE to use pretty warm/hot (but not scalding) water and they roll right off!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by genalewis

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For the past couple of years, I have been on a kick of wanting really long, full, dramatic-looking lashes. It seems that with the newest Lash Blast and Colossal crazes that I'm not alone. So I was pretty excited when I saw the ad for the new L'Oreal Double Extension Beauty Tubes mascara. From the commercial, I had absolutely no idea how a mascara could accomplish an actual extension of length beyond the tip of the lash. It seemed too good to be true.

Well, ladies, it is too good to be true. If you want drama, you are not going to get it from this product. In fact, you won't get the 80% length increased that is promised, and you CERTAINLY won't get any volume. One thing you will get is curl, and that might be why some people are noticing the length increase. It curls your lashes STRAIGHT up from your lid. It also wears like iron until you wash it off, which is great. No smudging, no flaking, no running. That part is very nice. For this reason, I will use up my tube, but I will not repurchase.

Bottom line, if you are looking for a natural and durable mascara, this might be worth a shot. But if you are looking for something to give your lashes a lot of drama, this is NOT the product for you. If you absolutely must try this, CVS is running a sale on this product right now for $7.99.

***EDIT 5/14/09***
I broke this mascara out again, and okay...I change my mind. :) I love the way it makes my lashes look, but it is sooooo much work to get the look right with this one. And it's so sticky when you try to remove it, even just with warm water. I am adding one lippie, because it really DOES add gorgeous length. But there is still plenty of room for improvement on this. However, I still might buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2008 11:43:00 AM More reviews by katie_alti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a good everyday mascara for me. It does not provide massive amounts of volume of length, but is above average and it doesn't clump. However, I am completely won over by the tubes. This tuff does not budge all day. Even through a massive sinus infection with constant eye watering and a rain storm in NYC with no umbrella. What is even better is how easy it is to remove with warm water. I'm not big on having to use eye makeup remover, so this is perfect for daily use for me.
edit: Downgrading to a three becaus it is crap at holding a curl. Lasting power is still impressive and will most likely be using this a lot more in the summer, but right now I don't reach for it often.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2008 11:46:00 PM More reviews by AdmiralCharlie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am deeply devoted to Fiberwig - after using it I will never go back to non-tubing mascara. As much as I love Fiberwig, the price tag is rather steep and every time I start to run out, the thrifty part of my soul cringes at $ 22 or so price tag. When I saw this on sale for 8.99 at a local CVS I had to try it.

I don't really understand what, if anything, the first white step does in terms of lash-effect. But why not, a little conditioning can't hurt, right? In the past, I've hated the double-ended two-step mascaras because they got so damn clumpy. That's not the case here - I followed the directions, applied the black coat while the white coat was still wet and presto! no clumping problems.

The mascara was a nice dark, shiny black and gave a very nice, smooth look for day time. It didn't smudge or flake all day (6am - 10pm), and then washed off very easily. In my opinion, this is more of a lengthening than a thickening mascara - because it doesn't have any fibers, it can only lengthen so much, and it definitely does not create 80% more length as advertised. But it's sitll really nice stuf.

My only real gripe with the product is the length of the wand between the screw-part and the brush - during application I felt like I nearly poked myself in the eye with the round plastic "body" of the product (where the two different wands meet).

Fiberwig is still my fav. But for those days where I don't need mile long lashes and just want a great feathery, clump free, affordable and long-lasting dark tubing mascara, this is it for me! (Until the other pharamcy brands come out with tubing mascaras, that is!!!) :)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No