January 30, 2015 | 1802 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2008 4:25:00 AM More reviews by kandeethemakeupartist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

if you want lashes that WILL NOT flake...this is it!!! IT will not come off....it's even hard to try to get this off.....
It does make it look like you have lash extension...you have to put the white coat on ..and then immediatley put the mascara on...no waiting for it to dry....

i did write about how hard it is to get off on my blog... http://kandeethemakeupartist.blogspot.com ,but overall this will not flake or smudge...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2008 2:46:00 AM More reviews by masqued_dreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this mascara for about a week. My assumption was that it was just another gimmick and there was no way it could lengthen like the commercial and package says it will. I was wrong about that. It does lengthen quite a bit, but everything else about the mascara just plain stinks.

1) the packaging really stinks. The wands are too short and too awkward to get a good application and there is way too little product in each side of the tube.

2) for me, it did not remove as easily as the package says. i pretty much just have to sit there and pull it off my lashes when wet or use makeup remover... either way it's messy because of the stringy manner in which it comes off. i rather use an eye makeup remover than deal with this.

3) application is too complication. you must apply the second step IMMEDIATELY after the first step or else it will get clumpy... and don't even think about applying a second coat or you'll look like a spider sat on your face.

Overall, it was a waste of my time. Nothing beats my Lash Blast. Sorry L'oreal, but you have a lot of work to do with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2008 11:09:00 PM More reviews by shellyy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found the application of this mascara to be somewhat awkward - the handle is very thick and the brushes could be better for reaching into inner & outer corners of lashes. I do think the price is reasonable for the product's performance. It does make lashes look loooooong, but not thick. Exactly what it claims to do. This stuff is impossible to smudge, so if smudging & racoon eyes are a problem for you, give it a try. As other reviewers say, it's tough to remove. I've found the best way is to use philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser to take it off. I had no luck at all with warm water as the package suggests. When it does come off, it comes off in little strings - nothing like regular mascara. Kinda strange, but did make my lashes loooong, and didn't budge thru the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 3:04:00 PM More reviews by pscalzi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had been very curious about this product since my old roommate told me about the more high-end "tube" mascara, so of course I went out and immediately bought this when it hit the shelves. I have pretty decent eyelashes and usually just want them to be lengthened and hold their shape. One of my mascara pet peeves is using so much eye makeup remover to get mascara off, and then it still leaves a big mess of black around my eyes anyway. This mascara is great; the primer really gives your lashes a boost and the formula stays on all day. It easily comes off with warm water and gently pulling your lashes (not too hard, just sort of pinch n' pull them enough to get the product off). Ta da! No messy circles under the eyes, and your lashes are fully clean.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2008 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Charziparzi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just so that everyone knows, I'm a makeup junkie that doesn't wear anything outside of the house except lip balm/gloss, a bit of foundation and/or powder to cover zits and sun-damage melasma, and on rare occasions mascara, mainly for test runs.
Anyhoo, I bought this stuff out of sheer curiosity, as I already have long lashes [but they're stick-straight cuz I'm a lot Southeast Asian, lol], and it was on sale at Longs for $6.99. It has two steps, the primer goes on white [really white], give it a sec to dry, then apply the mascara, which I got in black. I was really surprised at how the stuff CURLED my lashes, WOW! Doesn't even say anything about that, lol! It dries relatively quickly, but not so fast you can't add coats - I applied three, no clumps, no problem. It dries kinda hard, and I was very aware [for lack of a better word] of my lashes, so keep that in mind if you find that annoying, but it wasn't to the point where I was annoyed. And it lasted all day without running, flaking, fading, falling, and my biggest things, raccoon-eyes and smearing! It's been a very rare formulation that doesn't run on me, having a greasy mug and eyelids. It also didn't come off with tears [the medication I'm on makes me yawn ALL THE TIME, so my eyes are constantly tearing], or with cold water, so you're safe if it rains, lol! I had heaps of fun taking it off, used warm water, and it softened and turned into this funny-haha moss-like mass, it slipped right off my lashes and rinsed down the drain, no pain, no hard rubbing, no lost lashes, completely clean eyes, YAY!!!!!!!

It's not my f-a-v-e, one lippie off for regular price and cuz it does dry a bit hard, Also, if you aren't careful about the way you apply the primer you're bound to have problems trying to cover it all w/the mascara, plus it lightens the mascara's color if you use too much [grey eyelashes, yay - NOT!].

Everyone's experience will be different [duh], but for myself, I'm very happy with this stuff, and feel good about recommending it to anyone who's interested in trying it, and I'd repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2008 11:56:00 AM More reviews by redheadedbitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So there are good things and bad things about this mascaraÖ

First the good things. Well, ok, thing- singular. This stuff stays on all day and does not smudge. I have never been able to find a mascara that doesnít leave me looking like a raccoon by lunchtime. Iíve even gone to bed and worn this stuff the next day and it looks great.

Now, with its praises of longevity being said, this stuff does not come off!! It doesnít come off with makeup remover, you must use hot water. I use an emollient-based face wash, and usually just swipe it over my eyes to take my eye makeup off in one go. Now I have to add an extra step to take off my mascara with warm water, then take off the rest of my makeup with a cleanser! Also, this does not thicken the lashes very well, and doesnít really hold a curl.

I might repurchase this, just because of its non-smudge factor and put up with its downsides!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2008 11:14:00 AM More reviews by sweetie6116

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe all the good comments! This stuff pulled my eyelashes out by the root!!!!!!!

It is nice in that it makes your lashed very long and luxurious.

BUT BUT BUT!!!! This stuff will NOT come off! The package said it would come off easily with soap and water. It would NOT! I used eyemake up remover but the stuff clumped together like cement. I SOAKED my eyelashes in mineral oil, make up remover. Nothing worked!

I tried to gently pick it off for DAYS....the only way it came off was with the eyelash!!!!! My eyelashes look horrible! Thin and sparse now!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 9:12:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

While I'm not WOW'd by this product, it's OK. I have been intrigued by the whole tube mascara thing for a while, but not willing to invest a lot of $ to experiment. So, when L'Oreal came out w/ this, I thought - why not?

To me, it doesn't make my lashes look any different than other ds mascaras that have a primer. The main difference here is 2 fold:

1. according to the directions, you should apply the color coating immediately after the white primer, whereas w/ others I have done all my lashes w/ primer 1st and then doubled back and applied the color to all. The L'Oreal way seems to take longer because I am constantly switching ends for 4 applications (right upper, right lower, left upper, left lower) instead of whipping thru all 4 w/ primer and then all 4 w/ color.

2. here is where I'm happy - I am limited to using waterproof mascaras since for some reason, non-waterproof always smudge or give me raccoon eyes by day's end = MAJOR pet peve, which means having to use a seperate eye makeup remover each night. Well - this L'Oreal mascara stays put ALL day and really does come off w/ only warm water - how cool is that?!

My lashes look long, no clumping, but no volumizing either. The primer brush is longer/skinnier than the color brush - I do not care for the thick, stubby color brush = very hard for me to deposit color on my outer corner lower lashes w/ this wand. No problem w/ the primer wand, but then, who wants to walk around w/ partially black and partially white lashes??

So - I was going to give this product only a 3 as it is an average mascara whose results I can duplicate w/ other ds mascaras containing a primer, but the whole staying power/easy removal procedure = I'm bumping it up to a 4.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 11:43:00 AM More reviews by boadicea23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I generally like L'oreal mascaras and I thought the idea of "comes off with just water" sounded wonderful since the removal what I hated about LashBlast. The problem is that while it does come off with warm water. . what you then have are crumbs of mascara all over your face that you then have to get off. I got one of those crumbs accidentally in my eye and it was awful to get out. :( While I am being more careful about taking it off so I don't have a repeat irritation, I would not purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2008 11:16:00 AM More reviews by kiki77

Ok so herd about the hype of this mascara so I purchased it w/out waiting for it to go on sale...(I'm very impatient like that). Anyways, I tried it out and to be honest, it just didn't work for me. It clumped on me and didn't really make my lashes look nice at all! Used an eyelash comb and it still made my lashes stick together. I'm not a fan of the shorter wand either, although I must admit the shape of the tube is comfortable while applying. The one and only thing that I def liked about it is that there is practically NO smearing/smudging when removing it. The little "tubes" do really literally just come right off. Will not be re-purchasing.