October 21, 2014 | 1041 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 1:00:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yet another one bites the dust... why do I keep trying? *sigh* I didn't have a problem with the packaging, except when I set down the "side" I wasn't using I had to make sure it didn't roll off the counter. The base was like any other base: white and reminiscent of a glue stick, and the mascara made my lashes stick together something fierce (ALL day long, despite my attempts with a lash comb). Some of tips of my lashes even pointed downwards at the end as if the "tubes" melted and drooped. Not pretty. I did notice a bit of lengthening before that happened, but nowhere near the 80% they advertise and nothing any other mascara couldn't do. There is no volume whatsoever, which it doesn't claim anyway, and applying more than one coat (which I did just to see what would happen) just ends up clumpy. I even tried applying other mascaras over the top (like Colossal) as some have suggested, and didn't notice a difference, other than more stuck-together lashes and spider legs. Even without that, say goodbye to whatever curl you had before you applied, because this mascara yanks it out like nobody's business. On the plus side, if there is one, it was easy to remove unlike some other tubing mascaras I've tried (looking at you TF and Prestige....) and didn't smudge, flake or smear, nor did I have raccoon eyes in the morning from mascara residue. Still, for $11 plus tax it's hardly worth it just for the ease of removal so I'll go back to my trusty CG and Maybelline and swear fealty to them once again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 12:37:00 PM More reviews by neomatsek

I never bought a 2 step mascara before,but I wanted to give it a try,so I bought the L'Oreal Beauty Tubes mascara some weaks ago.I was totally suprised,it worked great with my lashes.I think my lashes are just normal,not too long,not too short.The primer just make my lashes longer,and a bit thicker,and then comes the colour,and it looks great.I really got some compliments after I started to wear the Beauty Tubes mascara.So I'm gonna stay with this product.It is easy to apply and I can wear it all day,it stays on.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Tigrrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually love this product, I took off one lippy just because it's trickier to put on with the big fat tube, I wish it was smaller.

I've never been a fan of Loreal mascaras, they always gave me raccoon eyes. I always end up with Max Factor 2000 calorie, because I refuse to use separate eye makeup remover and then wash my face, and that stuff never smears under my eyes and washes off with soap and water, but it's just a so-so look.

What intrigued me about this Double Extension Beauty Tubes was that you just use warm water to remove it. It doesn't smudge and smear under my eyes. It doesn't flake at all. I was a bit freaked out the first time I washed it off, as I thought it was my eyelashes coming off, but it's just the weird little tubes, and just some splashes of warm water and the stuff is off! The look is much more glam than 2000 Calorie, but not so much volume that you look like a drag queen.

I got it for $10 at Walgreens, and I'll definitely be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2008 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Stephie2705

I have MEGA sensitive eyes, so I have to use mascaras which come off with warm water. Eye makeup remover is a complete no-no for me. I'd previously been using Clinique's Lash Power, which was still working well for me - just wanted a change. I saw this advertised on the TV, and decided to give it a go.

I normally don't use two-step mascaras, I rarely have the patience! However, I gave this the benefit of the doubt. It works really well, really lengthens and elongates my lashes, which is always a good thing! However, two coats of this stuff and you are in major clump city! Have to be careful to get it perfect with the first coat! Other than that, I would be happy to buy again :-)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 8:13:00 AM More reviews by sloro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the most disgusting mascara to remove. I ended up with black slime in the shape of eyelashes all over my face, along with a few actual lashes, yuck! It did a decent job of lengthening my eyelashes and did not flake or smudge, hence the 2 lippie rating, but I cannot tolerate the removal of this stuff or losing eyelashes. This is definitely being returned!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 5:46:00 PM More reviews by CaliBello

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Complete FAIL for me. I like Fiber Wig and was hoping this was a drug store alternative but not even close. The primer did nothing and the mascara itself was horrible. I had short, hard, stuck together lashes. Thick tube was hard to handle. I got a deal on this stuff but now I'm really regretting wasting any of my money on this.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by AnjanaSaDil

DO NOT BUY THIS MASCARA.
CONS:
-doesn't add much length. EXACTLY the same amount as Covergirl Lash Blast and Maybelline Colossal. no big deal to die or gush over. honestly. i expected much more length than ordinary mascara's. also, it made my lashes look crunchy and dehydrated and very very thin.

-HORRIBLE to remove. i followed the directions on the back...used a cotton ball wet with hot water, placed it on my closed eye and waited about 30 seconds. sure, the mascara slid off easily with no racoon eyes mess...HOWEVER....it was gooey and slimy. i had to keep wiping and wiping my eye. then, after the cotton ball had lived its life, i stood in front of the mirror and literally peeled off remaining globbed balls of mascara from each and every lash...

-Veryyyy hard to use wands. they are too too short..hard to manuver and play with while coating lashes.

PROS:
sorry ladies, i'm totally pissed off at this mascara, and cant think of any pros AT ALL. i guess my search for a HG lengthening mascara continues.

Also, if i could have given this mascara ZERO lippies....i would have. but the review process wouldnt let me, lol

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 10:19:00 PM More reviews by femmechirp

I have never been a far of L'Oreal mascaras. For some reasons, I've found them all very clumpy and unnatural looking. But, like one of the other reviewers, I was fascinated by the tubes/extension idea and decided to give L'Oreal one more try. Voila, I really like this product. The white part of the product definitely helps lengthen my lashes, the black (as others have noted) is very glossy and the stuff stays in place, all day, no matter what and then comes off in my evening shower with warm water. My lashes look long (but not freakishly so), thick and natural. The application really isn't a bother for me, especially in exchange for a look I really want/like.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 1:20:00 PM More reviews by AimeeO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have major problems with my eyes watering, which of course makes my mascara run. This mascara is un-runnable. I am not kidding. When I drive to work in the morning, the combination of cold air outside and hot air in the car makes my eyes run non-stop for about 20 min. Usually, my mascara is all over my eyes when I get to work. But with this, I have not a speck under my eyes.

This is strictly a lengthening mascara- it does not volumize at all. In fact, I think it may make lashes look less voluminous. However, they are long. This is not a layering mascara- if you put on over 1 coat (after you've put on the base coat) you will get clumpy, spidery lashes. It is key to wiggle the brush around as you apply and then immediately brush lashes w/ a metal comb, or they may still clump.

Now, the bad part. This does not come off. Makeup remover will not touch it unless you rub and tug at your eyes. It's best to get a washcloth soaked in warm/hot water, and let it rest on your lashes for a good 30 seconds. The tubes will come off easier that way. They will get stuck on your skin, too, though, so you will still need makeup remover.

All in all, I would only purchase this mascara if you have problems with your mascara running. If you don't, well, there are plenty of mascaras that give the same length (and added volume) that are easier to remove.
But if you are like me, this may be indispensable!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by dakgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I kept walking past this at Walgreens. It seems like I'm always in there and I would stop, look at the display, then keep going. Finally I gave in, I couldn't resist anymore.

I gave it a good shot but ultimately its too much work for not enough payoff. I get better results from Bobbi Brown Everything Mascara.

I tried applying the base then immediately applying the mascara, I tried letting the base dry for a few minutes then applying the mascara. I tried applying 2 coats of base then 1 of mascara, then I did the reverse, 1 base and 2 mascara.
It gave okay length, but nothing to stop in your tracks about. It gave minimal volume but that's not what its meant to do so I didn't take off points for that.

I stood in the shower, let water run over my face and gently brushed away the resulting eraser-shaving like tubes off my eyes. The next time I wet a cotton pad with warm water, held it against my eye for a moment and then swept the residue off. Either way it came off cleanly, HOWEVER if you are wearing eyeshadow you will need to use your regular makeup remover because water doesn't dissolve shadow and liner so ultimately this mascara creates twice the work of removing. BTW my tests were conducted without eyeshadow so I could really see the results, then I wore it with shadow and liner which is when I discovered the double work of removing.

Overall: meh? I wouldn't buy this again.

I did however score a tube of the original formula of Revitalash which I just stated using so I'll be posting my review of it in about 3 months or as soon as I see results.

Update-11-30-08: I've been using the white base first and then Maybelline's XXL Curl Power on top instead of the black that L'Oreal provides, the effect is MUCH better! I've also tried it with Intense XXL and XXL Extensions (they all had a $2.00 off coupon at Target so I tried all three)
So maybe the key is to use another mascara on top of the Beauty Tubes base coat? I'm liking it much better now and if I have the extra time in the morning I feel like I'm batting big fat lashes when I catch sight of myself in the mirror!