L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes

3.6

Magnifier Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Steareth 2, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Rayon, Panthenol, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Methyparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, 2 Oleamido 1, 3 Octadecandiol, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Simethicone, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben May Contain: CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide.
Extender: Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat., Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, Acrylamide, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Phenoxyethanol, Rayon, Polysorbate 80, Methylparaben, Imidazoldinyl Urea, Sodium Dehyroacetate, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Ethylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben May contain: CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 77007 (Ultramines), Mica, CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), FIL D32060/3.

on 12/9/2008 10:21:00 PM

I actually really like this mascara. Since it is called Double Extension, I say that it does work because it does noticeably lengthen the lashes. I took off one lippie though because I like a lot of volume in my mascaras. But this works really well for those days when you just want a soft-eyes kind of look. I would definitely repurchase this because I do like it quite a bit and, I just always like to have more than a couple of tubes of mascara.

I am very happy with this mascara. It went on great with no clumps and gave me very long lashes, which I was surprised to see. I mostly bought it because I have such a hard time getting regular mascara off and I have very sensitive skin. It is a little strange the first time you take it off, but it is way better than that inky, streaky stuff that you get from so many mascaras. You just have to be sure to take a wet (not damp) washcloth and hold it up to your eye for at least 30 seconds, then you just wipe away the little fibers.

This is--much to my surprise--the best mascara that I've ever owned.

on 12/7/2008 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This WILL lengthen your lashes...it delivers on that promise. I am, however, dissapointed with it in that the mascara side of the tube seemed to dry up VERY quickly and there wasn't a lot of product to begin with.

Also, even after washing off with warm water very thoroughly, I had black crumbles and strange black stringy things under my eyes and in my inner corners EVERY SINGLE MORNING when I wore this.

on 12/6/2008 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

A relatively inexpensive 'tube' mascara, yes! (But still costs $11 CAD at Walmart...)
Like others have said, it lengthens but does not volumize much. If you really load up on the primer you can get thicker lashes. Don't let the primer dry before you put the mascara on, or it will look spidery. All I really want from a mascara are (a) no smudges; and (b) ease of removal. Tube mascaras are fantastic on both counts. I love how easy it is to remove with WARM WATER: keep wetting your lashes and it will come off when you rub gently. It doesn't come off with either cold water or no rubbing, which is why it doesn't come off in the rain. I think this is IT for me. No need to try new mascaras -- other than new tubing ones. Ha.

One more comment -- "beauty tubes technology"? One of the stupidest product names ever.

on 12/5/2008 6:07:00 PM

I loved this mascara each of the four times I got to use it. The removal was easy, just add water and pull the tubes off. I could wear this mascara for 4 days or more without reapplying. The Bad news: This morning I woke up for work and went to put this one, when I pulled out the wand it was covered in a big glob of mascara. Upon further inspection I noticed that the piece inside it had broken/fallen into the tube letting all of the mascara come out with the wand. I plan to purchase this again to see if maybe I just got a bad tube. Even though it broke I still LOVE the mascara itself.

on 12/5/2008 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

EDIT:
After my first tube of this, something happened. :/ All my other tubes FLAKE. I mean FLAKE. Not to mention that this stuff doesn't hold a curl at all, but if it's supposed to be tubular and waterproof, then why in the world would it FLAKE so badly? I've also realized with this tube technology that it's way EASIER just to buy w/p eye makeup remover, like Lumene to get rid of a good, curl-holding, non FLAKING waterproof mascara. I like the idea of this mascara, but gosh L'oreal, fix the FLAKING and the curl-straightening properties of this!
-----
I love this mascara. No, I LOOOOOVE this mascara. Easily my holy grail, it's waterproof and smudgeproof without the painful removal, makes my eyelashes gorgeously long and luxurious, and is so much cheaper than other mascaras that do half the job for 3 times the price.
It takes a while to get the technique down right though, so expect your first couple of attempts to be kinda clumpy. Don't let the primer dry, or you'll never be able to cover up all the white lashes and it'll look clumpy.

My only little critique is that I find 3 or 4 flakes on my face after the day goes by, but that's probably because after school I'm in the gym sweating my butt off during practice. :P

It certainly DOES make your lashes LONG. It does absolutely nothing for volume. In fact, it does the exact opposite. It clumps my lashes together, making it look like i have less lashes (even when i scrape the mascara off the brush). I use the white primer, a regular mascara to separate my lashes for fullness, and then i use the tubes. If they make it for length AND volume that would be phenomenal because this stuff is insanely easy to remove, that is what i mostly love about it.

on 12/3/2008 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Pros: long, full lashes as promised.
This Tubes gave me the longest lashes of all masacra products I have (Lancome High Definicils, Max Factor Masterpiece, and even the normal L'Oreal Double Extend Lash Extender)

Cons: need lots of warm water and patient to get them all off. It wont come off with any eyes make-up remover you might find on this earth. (btw if you do find one,pls let me know. Greatly appreciate)

Tips: pretty easy and fast if you remove it in the shower = )

on 12/2/2008 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was really misled by the ads for this product!

I have always used a lash primer so Step One was nothing new to me. The mascara went on great and I got long spidery lashes.

PROS: Went on easily, dried quickly, does not smudge, stays all day, lashes were long and full.

CONS: IT WON'T COME OFF! I had to triple check the tube to make sure I had not mistakenly bought the waterproof formula. I used make up remover for waterproof make up and it barely budged. The rest came off in the shower. HUGE turn off.

And it does not come off in tubes like the ad on TV shows. it comes off in clumps, eyelashes included.

It serves it's purpose but destroys my lashes in the process. I'll go back to my other brand once I have finished this tube.

on 12/2/2008 2:13:00 PM

I have never had any problems with mascaras-as I always have purchased the "Better" brands and have been scrupulious in removing the product at night with a gentle remover.
I was curious about this product-so I shelled out my $8.00 @ walmart, and gave it a try-twice.
First night I tried to remove it with my eye makeup remover-it wouldn't budge. So I washed my face, as it said with my PERRICONE Olive Oil Cleanser-still didn't come off.
Went to bed.
Woke up next morning mascara didn't smear but my eyes seemed puffy.

Same routine the next night. This time I tried pulling them off with my eye makeup remover, warm water and a washcloth. Some of it came loose. Went to bed.
Woke up next morning-looked like I had been hit with a baseball bat.

Gave it away.