BeneFit Cosmetics Erase paste

3.7

petrolatum, lanolin, isopropyl, palmitate, paraffin, euphorbia, cerifera (candelilla) wax, glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, propylparaben, retinyl palmitate [ /-: titanium dioxidde (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 4/1/2009 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

benefit's erase paste is a miracle cream! i tried this at sephora, and i couldn't believe how nice it looked, and it was so smooth and creamy, i went home and thought about it for that week, my other concealer just didn't look the same..so i went back and got it :) its pretty expensive but well worth it. im a mac C4 with really tan skin and i wear shade 1 in erase paste. it runs on the darker side, it has a salmon/pink undertone to it, so its great for covering blue/purple under eye circles. i also use it to clean up my brow's under and above. i would go to sephora or a benefit counter and test it to see what shade you are. i will deff buy more when its gone, its fabulous stuff :) if you want to know any more, let me know and ill be happy to talk about it with you!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Product: Sticky, tacky, thick but pigmented pink-based concealer in a plastic screw top pot.

My experience: I hated this. I had a decent sized sample (the kind where you can get at least a few uses out of) but after the first time I couldn't bring myself to try it again. I'm NC20, and even the lightest shade is too pink and too dark on me. The shade selection is appalling (a general feeling I have about Benefit's concealers on the whole), and I honestly don't think anyone who doesn't have unnaturally pink-toned skin could use this. Maybe if you're NW35 and up or something this could work well, but on me I just don't see this going anywhere. Also the tacky texture is hard to work with. I'm pretty used to hard, slightly sticky concealers - LM and Mac's Studio Finish are both a bit hard in the pot but warm up well and go on without much problem. Benefit's, however, isn't as hard as the previous two, but it's incredibly STICKY. And it seems to stay tacky no matter how much I try to warm it up, and when it goes on your undereyes (where I tried it out), it remains tacky and doesn't spread out well and looks very thick. It's also really hard to blend, making look pretty obvious. I used fingers and a concealer brush, both didn't work out for me, it looked very tacky, cakey and obvious. The same thing happened when I tried it out on my blemishes - too dark, too pink, too tacky, too thick. The only good thing about it is that it's pigmented, so if your skin happens to match one of their unusually dark and pink colors, then it might work for you. But for anyone else who is yellow-toned and fairer, please look for something else. There are so many concealers out there that I don't see a point trying to make something that obviously sucks 'work' for you with so much effort. Just get something else that's easier to work with!

on 4/1/2009 10:56:00 AM

The packaging is cute - it's tiny but a little bit goes a long, long way. It just takes the tiniest of dabs to get the coverage you need to say bye-bye to your undereye circles. I've never tried it with the little stick because using my ring finger worked great for me.

I would not personally buy this again because it's not what I need. I need a concealer that's great at concealing blemishes, scars, and things of that sort, and erase paste doesn't cut it. It gets cakey and melts off my oily skin in no time. That said, however, it is INCREDIBLE at concealing undereye circles and generally brightening the eye area. I'm a sleep deprived mom of 2 little ones, and erase paste makes me look like I've actually gotten sleep! What a shock! In all seriousness, though, I don't have a chronic problem with undereye circles, and therefore can't justify spending $26 on a concealer that only works in the eye area - it's going to have to pull double duty if I'm going to spend that much money.

on 3/29/2009 4:39:00 PM

I have really dark circles under my eyes and this product is perfect for making them completely disappear. I had my makeup done by one of the professional Benefit makeup artists at Sephora. He recommended that I put this on with my finger. He said to put some on my hand and let it warm up, then once it was softened to apply under my eyes. It does go on really smoothly this way and totally looks like my skin. I have really oily skin and have problems with getting any makeup to stay on my face. This has lasted better than most, but I will definitely try the other reviewers tip of the LM secret brightening powder to set it. I use a different concealer for general blemishes in slightly lighter, more yellow shade.

on 3/28/2009 10:31:00 PM

I have been on the hunt for the perfect (or almost perfect) concealer for quite some time now so I have a pretty good field of comparison. I would have to say that this is a pretty darn good concealer for days when you need more of a moisturizing formulation and less of a "stay put no matter what" formulation. I actually like benefit bo-oing for more of the latter effect and I like to have the two of these to choose from depending on the needs of the day. Erase paste goes on smoothly, not too much wrinkling, nicely moisturizing (as I mentioned) and good coverage. The down side for me is that it does not last as long as I might want sometimes. And for days when I have seriously dark circles, this might not be enough. On those days I often use it in combination with another more long-lasting, less moisturizing product (like bo-ing or Paula Dorf magic stick).

Overall, I would recommend this product and I think its a good value for the price. I find myself reaching for it almost everyday. In general, I find it comparable to my previous HG Laura Mercier Secret Concealer (which I still like...they both work for me).

FYI, I'm 44, medium olive skin tone, nc30/35, GA 5.5/6, chanel 2 (beige). I use the medium shade.

on 3/22/2009 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really, really love this concealer for undereyes. It is creamy, opaque, with a brightening effect. At first, I couldn't make it last. It creased and faded after maybe 2 - 3 hours. Now I set it with LM Secret Brightening powder, and it lasts all day.

I have seriously dark undereye circles, and these 2 products together have made them almost disappear, which is pretty amazing. continued >>

on 3/11/2009 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I was on the hunt for the perfect concealer because I can never find one that seems to match my skin. I bought this about 3 weeks ago and I like it.. I have circles and darkness under my eyes and this helps a lot. I put it on over my foundation so that I dont use to much of it. The only thing that I dont like is the packaging, unless you have a concealer brush it is really hard to put on, the little "tool" that comes with it is not practical or helpful in getting it out or applying.

on 3/7/2009 1:04:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is a really great concealer. I can pat this on and with no other makeup I look really fresh. I wouldn't use it on blemishes, but it does a great job on those broken capillaries around my nose as well as the under eye circles. I bought this based on the MUA reviews and I wasn't disappointed.

on 3/2/2009 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This concealor is so great, I have covered post-surgery bruises and the darkest circles you have ever seen with this baby. It is thick, but if you use it correctly (don't pack it on, patiently build the coverage with a concealor brush, and pat with your fingers to press and warm it to the skin) it WILL cover your circles. TIP- I would only use this for under the eyes since it does have some luminousity. Also lightly set with a powder afterwards if you are very oily. It really will stay on!

on 2/25/2009 1:37:00 PM

After looking for an undereye concealer for YEARS, I finally got this in no.2, which is perfect for me (NW20). It covers my discoloration around the eyes with just enough coverage. It looks dry but if you pat it on the skin, it's not drying at all. I like it light, not to "made-up". Perfect for someone who gets bothered by dark circles but does not want to use the industrial strength concealer.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products