August 23, 2014 | 1593 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Erase paste

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2008 12:01:00 PM More reviews by redheadedbitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great ultra-strength concealer! I pat this under my eyes and around my nose where I have redness and it looks great. It completely covers blemishes- most concealers I've used just kind of diminish them or make them look kind of crusty and dry.

I don't really like the pot, however. That's more of an overall preference. I used the little spatula that came with it, but quickly lost it and now just use my finger, which I'm not a big fan of. Also, this can be a little heavy on my oily skin- be sure to put powder over top of it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by rpgoodwin

This is an okay but not great concealer - blends easily, stays on fairly well, but it's a weird color. I don't like the pot package - the spatula included was useless as it scooped out a huge blob, and dipping a brush or finger into it seems grody. Also, it caused breakouts for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2008 9:57:00 AM More reviews by melanieschmidt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product. I have thin skin on my face and I use it to hide veins that peek through. It works. However, if I use this under my eye it tends to seep into my crows feet and I have to rub it in about midday. Otherwise this is great stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2008 5:38:00 PM More reviews by juicypeach

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To be honest,the product itself is not bad.It is creamy,never dry my eye area.It also has long staying power after setting.
But I really can't wear it anymore because of the color.There is no color to match my NC20 skin.Fair is too pink which make my dark circle turn grey.Medium(the second color) is too orange!!Looks awful on my skin under the sun.
Uh~~I have to give it up~~Pity~~~

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2008 11:05:00 PM More reviews by SteveTBC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First of all, I am male, and cannot be caught fussing with makeup in the mirror at the gym! And I can't look like I'm wearing makeup either -- it has to work, work fast, and work invisibly. That is why I love this product. I have dark circles (thanks Mom and Dad!) and have fussed with everything under the sun (Touch Eclat IS marvelous, but barely conceals dark circles). Most recently, I had been using Lemon Aid, Boi-ing, with a shot of Smashbox Photo Op... but find that Erase Paste does it all. This is goof proof -- dab it under the eye, it blends very very easily. And I'm off. When I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror -- I look fresh! I doubt I will ever try anything else in the near future. I keep one at home, one in my gym bag. If you have dark circles, you must try it.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2008 10:52:00 AM More reviews by marinesgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I seem to be the odd one out, but this didn't cover my dark circles as well as boi-ing did.

That said, it's a pretty goof-proof concealer. It brightens and reflects light rather than covering, whereas boi-ing covers and provides no brightening. If I pat my mineral foundation over this, it works well and doesn't fade.

I will probably buy the boi-ing again, but if I can't get that, I would take this. It's a nice product, but no HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2008 10:50:00 AM More reviews by terriv13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I reluctantly tried this based on the reviews and because I've yet to find that 'perfect' concealer for my hideous dark circles. I say 'reluctantly' because I haven't found ANY Benefit product to be of any 'benefit' to me! That is, until now! I really, really like this one. I have it in 'Medium' and it's just about perfect. I've tried so, so many different concealers..... I could probably save one of the failing banks right now with what I've spent over the years!! I've tried the peach correcting ones, like Paula Dorf, and liked it really well, but found that it didn't last all day, and when I went to touch it up, it got too dry and cakey, so that didn't work. Plus it didn't 'brighten' the under-eye, which is what initially caught my eye for the Erase Paste. This is sort-of pinky in color, but not overly so, and it blends into my skin nicely, even though I have warm, light olive tones to my skin. It really does brighten up the area, too, which is a BIG plus to me. I NEED that little feature! I don't use the little spatula anyway, I think it would waste the product, I just use a concealer brush, dab it in the pot, then lightly 'paint' it across my well-moisturized undereye area and inner corners, then, again very lightly, rub-pat it in to my skin until it's just right. I really wanted to try the Powderflague to set it and further illuminate the area, but it's getting some pretty low reviews, and not much of them! Powder just makes the area too dry for me, anyway!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2008 7:12:00 AM More reviews by lchoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised to like the Erase Paste so much as I was turned off by the pink-y color & initial heavy texture but this is an excellent long lasting product that really covers under-eye circles as well as subtly brightening the eye. B/c of the pink-y color & slight heavy texture, this product works best for me as a primer/correcter and I use my favorite E. Lauder Smoothing Cream Concealer (beautifully smooth) on top. I was a big fan of Benefit's "Boi-ing" Concealer as it has been the only concealer I could use for the big guns events when my undereye circles had to be absolutely covered up (one flaw - 2 layers of Boi-ing looks cake-y).

The Erase Paste is pinky, thick & gooey at first (looked terrible at first against my fair Korean skin,I use the medium shade of Erase Paste), but trust me, give it a chance as it surprisingly blends well (looks very natural) and does a better job than Boi-ing to cover the dark circles. It's also extremely long-lasting (judging by the amount left on my cotton ball when I remove eye-makeup at night) so I don't need to reapply concealer during the day or late afternoon. Two layers of Boi-ing starts to look heavy/cakey so this Erase Paste has really perfected some of boi-ing's past flaws. I'm not a fan of Erase Paste's overly deep, narrow pot but using a concealer brush has been my solution. I also dust translucent powder over my concealer to set it and prevent it from "moving around" (esp. in hot weather).

I'm 42 and I've been using concealer since I was 16 so I've tried many brands. My under-eye area is quite dry and this concealer initially feels tacky but magically blends (manipulates) well w/a sponge or brush despite the initial heavy feeling, looks natural (never heavy/cakey) and most importantly; I look so much more "awake" after my morning application.

As I do NOT wear any foundation or skin "make-up", it's crucial my concealer looks natural against my naked skin. Heavy, cake-y, mask-y past culprits for me : Lancome Effacernes, Make Up Forever, Stila Perfecting. Other concealers I have tried: YSL Touche Eclat (way over rated, not enough coverage), Givency Mister Light (not enough coverage), MAC (caked), Stila pot (cakes), Clinique (not long lasting), etc

28 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2008 9:07:00 PM More reviews by honeyandsweets

So far I'd have to say that this is the best concealer I've ever used. It has just the right creamy consistency and the light-reflecting aspect is wonderful. Blend a few dots under my eye and my circles nearly disappear! Unfortunately, that doesn't mean it doesn't have flaws (but then again, who has ever heard of the *perfect* product?). My biggest nitpick would have to be the fact that it doesn't really seem to "set"- it's always smudgeable, so if I wear sunglasses then it often tends to wipe off easily. But this is the only product that I've tried (and I've tried a LOT- Dior, YSL, Bourjois, Shiseido- all missed the mark) that really conceals my dark circles, so I'll take some bad for a lot of good.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2008 2:38:00 AM More reviews by nubfish

I love this product - it does wonders for me. I love the thickness of it - I used to use boing by benefit as my concealer and when I saw that they had a new one i was really excited. The first store I went to was completely sold out which made me more excited to try it. Eventually i found some and got the last one of my shade. I find that it conceals amazingly well and covers dark spots like under my eyes and pigmented spots like tiny scars and blemish super well. After patting erase paste it's impossible to tell whether or not there were any marks on my face to begin with. I find the consistency of this product to be just right for me - not too watery not too heavy. I like the packaging over all but because of the shape of the container i'm a little worried about being about to get product out as it gets nearer to the bottom - however considering how well it's lasting me im sure that will be a long way off.