April 21, 2014 | 1782 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Erase paste

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2008 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Clairis

In LOVE with this stuff! I disagree with people who complain about the size of the jar- if you use a concealer brush, you're fine. My basic routine is moisturizer, Bare Minerals in medium tan, Erase Paste under my eyes and around my nose in any uneven areas, pat down and dust Too Faced bronzer over the top. It perfectly camouflages every discoloration (REALLY covers it up like a good paste should), I find it to be very light and airy, and it stays all day long. My new HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by milkteef

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

there is a review title for this and the pale variety seperately for some reason , so i'm typing the same review for both , it's only fair ?! : oh my good lord !! i couldn't tell you how long i've been looking for something to help me look like i've had enough sleep the night before . even YSL touche eclat , the HG for most women in the world didn't do the trick for me (i know that's a highlighter but seriously didn't change a thing about my skin / face) . i'd seen erase paste in the new brochure and was dying to try it . the benebabe who applied it to my face used eyecon underneath as i already had make-up on , and i came out of the store looking a bit cakey but i think they do that on purpose so they make you think you've bought something rubbish but you feel too silly to take it back (again , probably just me here) !! honestly the best thing i've tried , i don't use the spatula though since my puppy chewed it up , i just dab my ring finger in because that uses less than a spatula would which also leaves horrid little dig marks in too - i think the spatula idea just gives customers a hygeine appeal or something . go out and buy this !! v . dewy though so needs a pat down with a sponge , not even with powder because that'll make the under eye area look cakey and real dry . also in the little manual note that comes with the box (so cuteee !!) it tells you how to create a marie antoinette-esque facial structure and it's probably just psychological but i think it does help you look a little more gaunt for want of a better word ? also good to conceal but may be a little bright for other parts of the face . one of the few products with a well-deserved spot in my (jumbo jet-sized) make-up bag . LOVE !!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2008 9:41:00 PM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a relatively thick, sticky and creamy paste. As a reviewer noted, it's essentially a BB corrector. If you have dark, heavy circles with veins showing through like me, then this doesn't cover well enough. I would need to use a concealer on top of this as well. I can see that it's reflecting a lot of the darkness away without turning my undereye white like Touche Eclat, but the darkness still shows. Unfortunately, it tends to sink into my lines and creases, and it's caused the deepest of the lines to dry and crust over (something the Touche Eclat also did). And no matter how well I blend, it accentuates the individual skin cells around my eyes.

The Benefit packaging is really gimmicky. It could've been in a flatter container, and preferably with a compact mirror. The spatula is silly - if they'd made a flatter container, the spatula wouldn't be necessary.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2008 11:13:00 PM More reviews by articia527

I have been looking for an effective multitasking concealer for eons and eons, and when I walked into Sephora today and there it was!! I tried the sampler, not expecting it to match or the texture to be cohesive with my skin, but it was perfect! It doesn't fade out or melt off in the heat either. So far I am EXTREMELY impressed!

Edit:

Just re-discovered this after straying from it for the better part of a year. I'm not sure why I did! I tried it again in the medium shade (I am usually fair but have gotten some color this summer) after being disappointed by the coverage and matchability (apparently a word I just made up, ha ha) of other concealers I've been trying. The color, consistency and effectiveness of this concealer are unmatched. I sweat like a pig in heat but the thickness of formula in erase paste helps it stay put better than ANY concealer I've tried (I love Laura Mercier, but I prefer this over her secret camouflage for sure).

PERFECTO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2008 2:33:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

REALLY A GREAT PRODUCT! GIVES ALOT OF COVERAGE WITHOUT LOOKING CAKEY OR FAKE. YOU ONLY NEED A REALLY LITTLE BIT BECAUSE A LIL GOES A LONG WAY. IF YOU USE TOO MUCH IT GETS THICK AND YOU'LL END UP HATING IT , SO LESS IT MORE. USE BENEFIT'S TALENT BRUSH FOR REALLY GOOD APPLICATION. I PUT IT ON WHEN MY EYECREAM IS STILL WET SO IT MAKES IT REALLY SMOOTH AND SOFT. IT ALSO HAS A DEWY LOOK TO HELP REFLECT LIGHT AND SOFTEN LINES. APPLY JUST ON THE INNER CORNOR OF EYES WHERE YOU NEED COVERAGE SO IT DOESN'T LOOK TOO HEAVY.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2008 9:17:00 AM More reviews by hollyc01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I have tried so many concealers for my undereye area. Most were too sheer. If I wanted sheer concealer (an oxymoron in my opinion) I'd pretend to pat imaginary cream under my eyes. Honestly!

This is a thick moist cream that upon first look one would think would be too greasy and make eye makeup travel. But it doesn't. It is a nice moist concealer that is gentle to your delicate eye area. It has heavy pigmentation that absolutely covers and brightens any darkness and shadowing. I also use it around my nose when I look dark there as well. I also use Merle Norman mineral foundation powder over it and it never looks cakey, but stays all day.

Those who want this in a tube are nuts. A tube formula must be harder to hold its shape and will pull the undereye skin to apply. Those who have a problem with the packaging should invest in a concealer brush. I use MAC No. 5. I suspect Benefit packaged the product this way to get people to do right by their eyes. Hope they NEVER discontinue. Would definitely repurchase again and again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2008 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Leanne05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this in 02 Fair. Its 10 times better than touch eclat and much cheaper! I dont use it as a concealer just an under eye brightner. Some people have complained that its too thick, the secret is to put a small dab on the back of your hand and rub it - it then becomes more liquid and spread easily. Really covers dark circles and you only need a little so it will last ages!
Would definetly buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2008 10:12:00 PM More reviews by rbaby

I know this product has gotten mixed reviews, but for me this product works better than YSL Touche Eclat (without the $40 price tag). I am part Asian, and I think Benefit's products are really geared toward Asians. My non-Asian friends hate this product and Benefit's Get Even powder compact as well, but all of my Asian friends love them both. I use it as a concealer and a highlighter. I have two very small blue-greenish viens by my laugh line, and this product works great to hide them without looking like I have make up on. I gave the packaing a 3 because I wish it came in a small tube. I don't use the plastic thingy to get it out of the jar, I just use a synthetic concealer brush and that works great. HTH!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2008 5:19:00 AM More reviews by inwood

This is rubbish - yes, I know to the point and frank. I got the No 3 Deep which was way too dark for me even though the sales assisant said it was the correct one for me. This just confirms my strong belief that No sales person, absoloutely No sales person knows your skin better than you do. Go with your instincts and not with what is s/he may be telling you. The product itself is very, very thick so the word paste is a very apt name. No 3 is also very orange - WTF? It's also not brightening at all - it just ended up looking matte and muddy under my eyes. I'm so mad that I threw it in the bin - I hated it that much. what a waste of 18. Horrible product. Cosmetic technology has advanced much over the years and there's no need for companies to come up with utter tat like this anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2008 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Catiana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like it, it covers my under eyes and pimples well. But the MUA at benefit gave me the dark shade, which is way to dark for my NC30 skin. So now I have to apply foundation, then conceal, then apply a lightweight foundation (MAC select tint) over the top to get it to the right colour. I do like it, and I love the packaging, but I cant justify spending that amount of money on something I can get for $15 somewhere else.