Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 6/25/2010 4:23:00 PM

The only bad thing I have found with this foundation is the price. Other than that, since I've started using it (with a little of MAC's Mineral Skin Finish for setting), my face looks perfect, I don't have to touch up during the day and people have been asking what am I doing different in my face. I haven't broken out in the two months that I've been using it. In pictures, I've noticed my face looks flawless and like I'm not wearing any makeup. In regards to the price, the good thing is that you only need a tiny amount for your face. Great buy and would definitely repurchase.

on 6/20/2010 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Cons:
- Not transfer-resistant; this stuff gets EVERYWHERE if you're not careful
- Does not control oil for very long, I have to blot after a couple of hours or so or else I look like a grease ball
- Defines flakes, and settles into wrinkles and pores
- Very drying formula
- Consistency is very thick so it is hard to apply and blend out
Pros:
- Very opaque, only need a little for coverage
- Sanitary packaging
- No bad fragrance
- Didn't break me out

I bought the colour #40 but it was too light for my NC30 skin.
The next colour down was pink undertoned, so that's shitty. Oh well.

I tried many applying methods; stippling and sponging left my pores defined, and fingers gave an uneven coverage and left me looking generally cakey. I still haven't tried this out with a foundation brush and I'll make sure to do so when I my e.l.f. Studio Angled Foundation brush arrives in the mail. Overal this foundation is *okay*, but for $41CAD I except a miracle worker. I won't repurchase.

on 6/16/2010 12:21:00 PM

i love this foundation! i actually like it a lot more then the MUFE HD Foundation, which was a shock because that was at the top of my list. but not anymore. this foundation gives beautiful coverage and leaves my skin with a flawless, yet natural look. i love how it drys to a matt and has really nice staying power, so i dont need to use any setting powder over it. this foundation is my favorite, its amazing.

UPDATE : after using this foundation for three weeks I have to say that this foundation didn't do it for me. I love the foundation itself but it broke me out like crazy. I've never really had an issue with pimples to begin with so that sucks that this foundation broke me out. I stopped using it two days ago and my skins already clearing up. The foundations good so if it doesn't cause you to break out then your lucky. But I'm not buying this foundation again :(

on 6/15/2010 9:50:00 PM

I liked this product the first time I purchased it because it gives a flawless coverage. When I bought it the second time, I noticed it wasnt feeling the same on my face. It felt heavier as the day wore on and after time it began to separate on my face AND would smear when I touched my face. Eww. I do have an oily t-zone and that's why I bought this product because it's oil-free and MAT. I love the coverage and if I do decide to wear it, it is only when I know I'm going to be out for a few hours. Sometimes I use it as a concealer because the coverage is that great.

on 6/13/2010 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I have been using this foundation for 2 weeks and is is pretty close to HG material. It is definitely keeping my oilies at bay. I would repurchase this even though it is a little expensive. The range of colors is very good. I think I would only wear this in the summer as it would be to drying for winter. I enjoy this foundation and I am also like Estee Lauder Double Wear Powder.

on 6/11/2010 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Ever since I found out Clinique Clarifying foundation was discontinued (the only foundation to date that works for my extremely oily skin), I've been on the hunt for a foundation that will work for me. This one did not.
Pros:
coverage is decent enough, good color selection, decent packaging
Cons:
had a strong smell that lasted all day, looked cakey around my nose, wasn't very matte, did not control my oil, sunk into pores, wiped off easy, felt mask-like, and is expensive! So I'm on the hunt again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

aww im surprised this hasnt got more love!
this is beautiful it does control shine but im going to have to dock 1 lippie since its only matte wen applied with primer this has nice coverage and doesnt give the cakey appearance!

on 6/7/2010 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I so wanted to love this foundation. I really did. I placed an order for this and their HD foundation and I really love the HD so I expected greatness from this as well. Unfortunately, it just didn't work for me. It really sunk into my pores and emphasized them. It seemed to dry my skin out a little. But worst of all, something in it irritated my skin and I ended up itchy and with little bumps and rashes all over my face. I suspect it was the strong fragrance in it because I tried their F&B foundation as well and it has the same overpowering scent to it and irritated my skin just the same. I don't know why companies do that. Why add unnecessary fragrance to a product that goes on your face?! It doesn't even smell nice. It's too perfumey and flowery. Thank goodness HD doesn't have it!!

The color match was really good for me. I had 20 Ivory and wear 117 in HD and 20 in F&B. I'm bummed that it didn't work for me but I've discovered that EL Double Wear in Linen works perfectly for me for a long-wearing matte foundation. I love it!

on 6/4/2010 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I tried it out because my skin gets extremely oily. I liked the coverage after one application and also how quickly it made my skin matte, but after just a couple of minutes, I noticed that it seemed to make my skin look dull and actually EMPHASIZED dark circles around my eyes and blemishes. Revlon ColorStay for Combo/Oily, I believe, is much better & for 1/3 of the price.

on 6/3/2010 11:13:00 AM

I really like this foundation. I got the vanilla 35. It truly gives me a flawless matte finish. Controls oil really well, and doesnt break my skin out. I dont have to touch my makeup up until at least midday, and then only by habit. It is a little pricey, best to apply with a brush. I've been using it with makeup forever duo mat powder in 202 and they look fabulous together.