April 19, 2014 | 858 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2009 3:08:00 AM More reviews by 3niR

It is a really good make-up remover. I use it to remove my eye make-up. I also use this with my natural scrub for moisturizing. Once I apply it before going to sleep and the next day, I found my skin is soft but it breaks me out a little bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by kkpeach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

until I read about it on here I only used it on my salad.now I use it to take makeup off,as a moisturing masque,and a hair masque as well.. Haven't used it for shaving yet but plan to try when my shaving cream runs out..definitly good for me bc I'm trying to switch to all-natural products and before olive oil I used petroleum jelly...great staple! And so cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 2:38:00 AM More reviews by GeminisMommy

After reading reviews, I decided to try this out myself (after all, it was already in the kitchen so it was essentially free).
First thing I learned is EVOO is messy and what is easily stored in the kitchen is not so easily stored in the bath. I solved this problem by storing it in a travel sized squirt bottle purchased at Sally's.
Secondly, a little bit goes a long way. One or two squirts mixed in the palm of my hand with my regular face cream is all I need. If I use more than than that, I end up looking greasy (though if I use it before bed, it doesn't matter as it eventually absorbs). Between a weekly aspirin mask and this, I have virtually eliminated breakouts and evened the tone of my skin. I notice an immediate difference if I miss even one day.
EVOO works equally well for me using the same method with body lotion. My skin stays noticeably softer for a longer period of time.
Squirted on a cotton ball, it makes an extremely effective eye makeup remover.
Dabbed on lips, it is a soothing balm.
EVOO has been a holy grail product for me and has opened my eyes to using more natural, cost effective products in my beauty regime.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 12:17:00 PM More reviews by iheartMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I read this thread just last week and couldn't believe what I was reading. After the first few posts, I thought this was crap, but I continued reading and became almost excited about trying this. I mean, who knew?...

So I've used it on my hair for a conditioner. I have really thick, course hair and I put about a teaspoon on my hands, rubbed them together, and rubbed it all over my hair, except the ends like I had read. It did ok. Nothing really amazing though. Maybe I need to use it more than once to see amazing results. But it didn't hurt anything either.

I used it today as a scrub in the shower and I have to agree with the other posters, it IS messy. : ) I mixed it with brown sugar and a little bit of honey and it was great. It DID take off my Dove tanning lotion, but what it left was wonderful. My legs, especially, are awesome. They're shiny and oh so soft.

I have been using it all week after I take my makeup off and it DOES leave your skin like silk. I just rub it on with a cotton ball and it's great.

My latest addition to the EVOO family is my feet. I have HORRIBLY dry feet, especially around my toes so I've been putting this on every night AND morning and they are looking great. Like new toes. New skin.

I'm really just amazed and should apologize for being so skeptical. Guess I just figured you needed to pay a small fortune to get results like this. I was WRONG. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 9:41:00 AM More reviews by essija

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this every night on my eye area, and my lines are are plumped and rested in the am. This is a great everyday product and so cheap. I just use the olive oil from my kitchen, and I place it in a 1.5 ml vial. I just a dab a little on my crow's feet and in between my eyes...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 5:59:00 PM More reviews by applecider918

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this on my face, it doesn't break out my super oily, acne prone skin. I use this at night, especially in the winter and just go to bed with it on. Then I wash it off with a cleanser in the morning. It actually helps with my acne! It also works as a makeup remover and it gets rid of my waterproof makeup too!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Mazenderan

I'm too scared to use this on my face, but it is a great body moisturiser. I used it to shave my very dry, sensitive legs, and it gave me the most comfortable shave ever. My skin looked pretty nice after, too, with a nice glow and sheen. The smell is a little off-putting.

Very good for a pampering body treatment weekend where you won't be going out. I suppose you could try mixing it with other EOs to mask the scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by babygirl218

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love EVOO! it's great for your food. skin. hair and your overall health!:) i have and would buy this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Lisa1215

It makes my skin really soft.

And my hair!
(Keep it in overnight, wash it out in the morning)

I put a few drops on my face after a bath.
I never wash it off. I've gotten less breakouts using this than any other product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by fihe

I heard that olive oil could make a good moisturizer. when my mineral oil-based cream failed me, I decided to give this stuff a try. at first it felt a tad greasy but after a few minutes it soaks into the skin and feels very soft! plus, it leaves a pleasant olive scent :) the skin on my hands gets ridiculously dry during the winter, and extra virgin olive oil actually was very helpful! just make sure not to use too much or else the excess won't soak in well. the great thing about olive oil is that I don't need to worry about buying an extra beauty product. I'm Italian so my family buys it by the liter!