Extra Virgin Olive Oil

EVOO

on 3/28/2009 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this stuff. I read reviews about it here on MUA, so I've been experimenting with it in different ways. Definitely my favorite use for EVOO is as a makeup remover. It really works and it even takes off waterproof mascara. Also, it works very nicely in my hair. I mix it with a little castor oil and put it in my hair and just leave it for a while. Then I do my normal shower thing.

It makes my hair very soft and shiny :)

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love using olive oil for an eye makeup remover. Ive tried so many products to remove my waterproof eyeliner and nothing would take it completely off. Then i figured what have I got to lose and decided to try olive oil. One sweep of the lid and GONE that easy! Plus, it conditions my lashes as well. LOVE it.

EDIT: I still love it, but i discovered baby oil takes off my makeup even easier! I do however mix it with table salt and give myself a manicure every week :)

on 3/23/2009 6:17:00 PM

Best. Cleanser. Ever. HG. Get it in your life.

on 3/23/2009 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I use EVOO for my sugar scrub for my face, which has helped immensely with my makeup applications because now my face isn't so dry and flaky. My makeup looks smoother, my skin feels softer and moisturized, and this works better than any HE moisturizer I own!

I haven't tried it on my lashes yet but will update when I do!

on 3/22/2009 6:34:00 PM

oh this is wonderful :) i use this to wash my hair like every 2 weeks or so and i get that nice soft silky hair ( i only use about 2 drops. not alot) and sometimes i use it to take off my makeup but if it gets in your eye.. it kinda stings but you'll get over it. i also use it to put on my lashes and ive seen my lashes have grown and got thicker after a week or so of EVOO on my lashes. :) this works like wonders.

on 3/20/2009 1:34:00 PM

I've always cooked with extra virgin olive oil cuz its so healthy but a while ago i said, hey why not use it for body like ancient egyptians used to?
So I use extra virgin light olive oil(usually organic) for so many things. Its a great mostirizer and leaves skin silky smooth with a slight shimmer. I also use it for tanning outdoors, it leaves almost a bronze look after tanning that i cant get alone. Its a great oil for shaving too. The smell is very meditteranean and a little pungent but not bad. If you dont like it just mix with your favorite lotion and your good.
All in all, natural oils are great for body and have so many uses-use olive oil for a healthy body, spirit, and peace of mind(no chemicals, parabens, fake fragrance, etc). Its as natural as it gets =)

on 3/18/2009 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is one of the best body moisturisers I've ever used. It's mostly fragrance free, so it doesn't interfere with perfume, and lasts all day. It's not heavy enough for winter, but even then, I use it in my body scrub - Brown sugar, olive oil, and a little bit of vitamin E. (just open up a few capsules) Mix it all together, and it'll help keep you moisturized/exfoliated during those icky cold months.

I do NOT, however, use olive oil on my face. It's not moisturizing enough, tends to cause breakouts, and doesn't seem to have any beneficial quilities there.

on 3/17/2009 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh my god, this was the worst thing I could have put on my face. I had been on a 'all natural' craze and had been trying to use natural organic everything. Anyway, back to the olive oil, I used certified organic extra virgin olive oil. It was oily on the surface but underneath the skin on my face had never felt this tight and dry! I persisted for 4 days, then on the 5th day I started developing tiny bumps everywhere on my face. It looked red and irritated as well. I said "enough!" and stopped the oil torture, went back to my old chemical filled shiseido moisturizers and ahh...my face was soothed back to it's old self in 4 days. Do not use straight olive oil on your face, it will clog your pores, maybe not straight away but sooner or later your pores will be clogged up. It's also too heavy to penetrate the skin to do any moisturizing. It will just sit on top of your skin, and your skin underneath will be dying for some proper moisturization.

on 3/17/2009 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A nice all around moisturizer for hair, face and body. Not a miracle product but a good gentle oil for sensitive skin. Heavy, so does not sink in right away. On the face it moisturizes well but once it's sunk in it's pretty much gone. Doesn't leave much all-day moisture like a cream or lotion with glycerin or some other ingredients to help bind the oil and water to your skin. Nice to put on damp/ wet skin out of the shower. As body oil add essential oils for fragrance because you will smell like well, olive oil.

on 3/16/2009 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've only been using EVOO for about 2 weeks so my review may not be as thorough as others yet but I have to say - so far, so good. I use it as a facial treatment, a hair treatment, and a body and hand moisturizer. I am trying to not "overuse" it - especially on my hair and face but after finally feeling my hair supple and strong, shiny and managable I was hooked. Actual hair conditioners never gave me such noticeable and (so far) lasting results! On my face, I use it as a cleaner but also as a treatment, leaving a little bit on my skin while I sleep. The mornings find my face very well hydrated and so soft! I was worried about breakouts but I haven't noticed any problems yet. My fingers are crossed and my hopes are high! Try it...you can always use it in the kitchen if no where else!

Popular Moisturizers