Extra Virgin Olive Oil

4.4

EVOO = Extra Virgin Olive Oil

on 4/8/2009 4:34:00 PM

Lately my skin in area around the nose was completely dried out, flaky and irrtated even my skin usually is oily. I have been using some low and high end heavy duty moisturisers, nothing helped. So i tried this and it made situation better after a few hours! That was like a miracle. I used it under eyes too, and it worked as a heavenly serum, my undereyes never looked better- soft, healthy, not the usual tired looking!
However, this is completely not for daily use. It's far too rich. I would rather use this as a weekly skin treatment.
Smells good too, ha ha ^__^ helped to soothe a little bruise, providing much better results than that crappy mass market mineral oil, yuck!

on 4/5/2009 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I use this as a cleanser. It really works! I have dry skin, and I didn't think adding oil to my face would help, but it did. When I wash my face at night, I usually put on a night cream. I tried doing the face routine one night without that, and just cleansing with the olive oil. The next morning, my skin was so soft and smooth, and well-moisturized. I am very pleased with this as a night moisturizer and makeup remover. Another reviewer wrote that this made her lashes longer, and I think I will try that as well.

on 4/5/2009 10:18:00 PM

I mainly use EVOO to lengthen and make my lashes thicker and it certainly has! I wished I had a before and after picture but trust me it works. Its my 4th week now and my lashes are pretty long and thick and when I curl it and put mascara on it you can definitely see how long it has gotten.
I also use the EVOO as a hair masque and it really does make my hair soft.
One last usage I use it for is for a natural body scrub and it does make my skin soft. I will continue to use EVOO for my lashes and everything else :]

** Here's my Youtube video on the application of EVOO on your lashes**

on 4/5/2009 10:06:00 PM

I think this is best as long as you use a steaming ritual because it does clog your pores, as some have mentioned. It is insanely effective as a moisturizer though. I spent a minute massaging it into those little lines between my brows, and it ERASED them, I'm not exaggerating. Same with those godawful frown lines, and the fine lines around your eyes...massage the olive oil into your face and you won't believe the effect. Granted, my lines aren't that deep, but it was amazing.

Your skin really absorbs the oil, and this is a good thing, but it also means you have to be diligent about keeping your pores clear too. So if you use it, make sure you steam your face the next day. My ritual: massage into face, leave on overnight. Then steam for five-ten minutes the next morning. I haven't tried it as a hair treatment yet, but I can't wait. Funny how the best remedies are the most simple and thank god, the cheapest.

on 4/3/2009 2:07:00 AM

I was incredibly apprehensive about using olive oil on my skin, let alone my face, but decided to give it a try as my skin is going downhill fast. At almost 36 years old, the elasticity in my skin is getting noticeably non-elastic by the day, and of course I'm looking for the non-existent miracle moisturizer of youth. Harrumph. Anyway, in my search for the miracle cream I came across this post for EVOO. I decided, very bravely, to give it a go on a work night. I started by adding organic EVOO to my moisturizer (currently Aveno Oatmeal lotion), and lo and behold, I didn't wake up the next morning with a ton of zits as I had envisioned.

After using EVOO for about a week mixed in with my moisturizer I have noticed that my skin has a glow and feels very soft and moist. It isn't oily like I imagined it would be. I will update as I use it for longer. Reading the review below, I do wonder if the long-term will see me with clogged pores. Alternately, perhaps the EVOO is actually being absorbed by my skin.

Time will tell. All I can say is that my moisturizer now feels heavenly with the added oils of olive mixed in. And, I had a complement at work today about how healthy and good I look...

Well, can't go wrong with the price... now I'll just see if it stands up to the test of time.

on 3/30/2009 9:34:00 PM

This is not a great product for using on the skin. It WILL clog your pores. If you have recently started using it you will disagree. As it takes a while to find out it will. I really do NOT reccomend using this. Please, please, for the sake of your skin, do not use this facial cleansing method. Using this concetrated(meaning just the oil)WILL clog your pores. At some point, YOUR pores will be clogged. To reduce the cause, mix this in with a facial cleanser, or do not use at all. This product is not a reliable cleansing sorce as it is a concentrated oil, which means, it won't help you if you have dry skin, unless you are using this all the time, which is not reccomended. There are far more better ways to cleanse your skin naturally. Again, use at your own risk.

on 3/28/2009 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this stuff. I read reviews about it here on MUA, so I've been experimenting with it in different ways. Definitely my favorite use for EVOO is as a makeup remover. It really works and it even takes off waterproof mascara. Also, it works very nicely in my hair. I mix it with a little castor oil and put it in my hair and just leave it for a while. Then I do my normal shower thing.

It makes my hair very soft and shiny :)

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love using olive oil for an eye makeup remover. Ive tried so many products to remove my waterproof eyeliner and nothing would take it completely off. Then i figured what have I got to lose and decided to try olive oil. One sweep of the lid and GONE that easy! Plus, it conditions my lashes as well. LOVE it.

EDIT: I still love it, but i discovered baby oil takes off my makeup even easier! I do however mix it with table salt and give myself a manicure every week :)

on 3/23/2009 6:17:00 PM

Best. Cleanser. Ever. HG. Get it in your life.

on 3/23/2009 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I use EVOO for my sugar scrub for my face, which has helped immensely with my makeup applications because now my face isn't so dry and flaky. My makeup looks smoother, my skin feels softer and moisturized, and this works better than any HE moisturizer I own!

I haven't tried it on my lashes yet but will update when I do!

Popular Moisturizers