July 26, 2014 | 1112 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Puppybash

Hi, I read all the reviews yesterday and tried it last night on my face. It did pretty good, I do see a difference in my skin and it glows. Also, my lashes look better. I like it so far, I will keep using it and provide update as it goes. No break outs for me at all. Thanks!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2009 11:03:00 AM More reviews by lyracindy

Here's a mask that is beyond great and super affordable!!!

Smooth a thin layer of white petroleum jelly over your entire face. Follow this with a thin layer of extra-virgin olive oil and a thin layer of vitamin E oil squeezed from capsules. Leave them on your skin for at least 15 minutes.

Place the green teabag in a saucepan of boiling water, and with the petroleum jelly and oils still on your face, bend over the pot so the steam can penetrate the skin. For even better penetration, drape a large towel over your head.

Leave the white petroleum jelly and oils on for an additional five minutes, and then give your face a light scrub with the sugar.

Bend over the sink and rinse off the mask, using warm water. Wipe any excess oil off with a cloth, and rinse your face with cool water. Pat your face dry with a soft cloth.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2009 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Saraelyse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i like the way this makes my hair feel stronger, smoother and healthier when i apply it to the ends of my hair, but i am skeptical as to if it would make me break out. I'm sticking to using this in my hair, it works pretty well and is an alternative to hair masks and treatments that are more on the pricey side. don't use to much though, its hard to wash out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by sosuga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

(initial review Aug 08): Why didnt anyone tell me about this sooner!! Sheesh! I love EVOO as a moisturizer on my skin, I have non-inflamed acne prone type skin and this stuff is AMAZING...I didnt believe it the first time I read the reviews but sucked it up and sought out my bottle in the cabinet, wet my hands and put a dab in my palm, rubbed around to spread it out and PATTED it on my skin. The next morning I was SHOCKED at the pretty "glow" my skin had, rather than oil-slick like I had expected. I am ..WAS..a user of jojoba oil but I much prefer EVOO now especially because its cheaper and far easier to get my hands on. I use this as a body moisturizer out of the shower too, locks in the moisture very well. Who knew?! I wasnt impressed with it in my hair, but I dont mind so much about that because the skin benefits are fantastic. Just have to be sort of careful not to get it on your clothes as it stains, and its HARD to remove. But I love this stuff! Thanks MUA!!!

Edit: added 2/15/09: still using this stuff and loving it even more. I would bathe in it if I could, lol. Ok maybe not, but EVOO is a godsend.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 8:43:00 PM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Being Mediterranean, I grew up with olive oil as the staple ingredient. Then my grandma taught me the greatest skin exfoliator ever: Olive oil and salt. She said, because salt has rounder and smaller grains than sugar it will not irritate your skin. I use it regularly on my hands and they look like waxwork! Another great way of using it is mixing 100ml olive oil (extra virgin, of course) with half a lemon's juice in a small bottle and applying this at night with a piece of cotton wool on your face. I do this in the summer to have a perfect tan as it continuously renews the skin.
I apply olive oil all over my body after the beach. I even put a tiny amount on my hair before going to the beach.

According to a recent scientific research, topically applied olive oil is proven to prevent skin tumours from forming. Any better reason for slathering?
Now, a word of warning: Due to its highly acidic pH, olive oil should NEVER come to contact with eye mucosa and cornea as it can cause permanent blindness. We never, ever use it to clean our eye makeup or on our lashes. Use almond oil instead.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Olive oil is great as a makeup remover especially for anyone with dry skin. It is cheaper than any remover you can buy and also helps moisturize your skin well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

I love that this is so handy. I will always have this in the kitchen for the health benefits. However.... it is also great with sugar and used to exfoliate. I love taking off makeup with it but I also use it as a lotion for the whole body. And of course, the price is right!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 1:36:00 AM More reviews by henrysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Count me in as a EVOO lover. For many years I have spent a fortune on my skin. Last year I bought the DHC cleansing oil and loved it, but couldn't justify spending kind of money on oil. So..I went to my kitchen, poured my organic extra virgin olive oil into the empty bottle and voila..same thing at 1/4 the price. I wash my face every night with it..it takes off all my makeup and leaves my skin glowing. I do not follow up with any other cleanser. After rinsing, I might add a dab under my eyes or on dry areas, or use another cream sometimes (Weleda Skin Food) on dry patches or iin the winter or on windy days. I don't mind the odor and don't want to use essential oils, many of which burn my skin. In the morning I generally use another cleanser in the shower, but have used OO at times. I get tons of compliments on my skin now. and when I tell people they are shocked, but often relate the story of a mother or aunt with gorgeous skin who used olive oil. I am a convert and don't plan on looking any further..

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by NicoleAM

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great for cooking and great for eyes! EVOO is the perfect eye makeup remover. Not only does it wipe off mascara in a breeze, but it completely removes any and all eyeshadow and eyeliners you're wearing, while conditioning the delicate skin around your eyes. I love the way my eyelids look after using olive oil, they are soft and glowing and ready for color! The skin under my eyes tends to be dry, and olive oil fixes this right up as well.
I have two rows of lashes, so naturally my eyelashes are pretty thick and long, but I hate using eyelash curlers to give my eyes that "awake" look. One of my best beauty secrets is using olive oil on my eyelashes at night. I dip a Q-tip into some olive oil, and gently apply it like a mascara to my lashes. The next morning, they have more curl, more shine, and more volume. This actually worked just after one use, and my eyelashes stay beautiful and neat as I continue this routine.

EVOO will always have five lippies for me because of the results it have given me for my eyes, but I will never use this on my face again. I broke out pretty terribly using this as a cleanser/moisturizer on my combination skin, though it worked well at smoothing out dry patches.
I'm definitely going to just stick to my eyes when using olive oil!

I HIGHLY recommend using olive oil as a gentle conditioner for eyelashes and an eye makeup remover that both cleanses and moisturizes!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2009 3:08:00 AM More reviews by 3niR

It is a really good make-up remover. I use it to remove my eye make-up. I also use this with my natural scrub for moisturizing. Once I apply it before going to sleep and the next day, I found my skin is soft but it breaks me out a little bit.