February 27, 2015 | 1642 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by xoxokawaiii

oh this is wonderful :) i use this to wash my hair like every 2 weeks or so and i get that nice soft silky hair ( i only use about 2 drops. not alot) and sometimes i use it to take off my makeup but if it gets in your eye.. it kinda stings but you'll get over it. i also use it to put on my lashes and ive seen my lashes have grown and got thicker after a week or so of EVOO on my lashes. :) this works like wonders.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2009 1:34:00 PM More reviews by lala2009

I've always cooked with extra virgin olive oil cuz its so healthy but a while ago i said, hey why not use it for body like ancient egyptians used to?
So I use extra virgin light olive oil(usually organic) for so many things. Its a great mostirizer and leaves skin silky smooth with a slight shimmer. I also use it for tanning outdoors, it leaves almost a bronze look after tanning that i cant get alone. Its a great oil for shaving too. The smell is very meditteranean and a little pungent but not bad. If you dont like it just mix with your favorite lotion and your good.
All in all, natural oils are great for body and have so many uses-use olive oil for a healthy body, spirit, and peace of mind(no chemicals, parabens, fake fragrance, etc). Its as natural as it gets =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Isolinde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of the best body moisturisers I've ever used. It's mostly fragrance free, so it doesn't interfere with perfume, and lasts all day. It's not heavy enough for winter, but even then, I use it in my body scrub - Brown sugar, olive oil, and a little bit of vitamin E. (just open up a few capsules) Mix it all together, and it'll help keep you moisturized/exfoliated during those icky cold months.

I do NOT, however, use olive oil on my face. It's not moisturizing enough, tends to cause breakouts, and doesn't seem to have any beneficial quilities there.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2009 3:07:00 AM More reviews by kikidaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh my god, this was the worst thing I could have put on my face. I had been on a 'all natural' craze and had been trying to use natural organic everything. Anyway, back to the olive oil, I used certified organic extra virgin olive oil. It was oily on the surface but underneath the skin on my face had never felt this tight and dry! I persisted for 4 days, then on the 5th day I started developing tiny bumps everywhere on my face. It looked red and irritated as well. I said "enough!" and stopped the oil torture, went back to my old chemical filled shiseido moisturizers and ahh...my face was soothed back to it's old self in 4 days. Do not use straight olive oil on your face, it will clog your pores, maybe not straight away but sooner or later your pores will be clogged up. It's also too heavy to penetrate the skin to do any moisturizing. It will just sit on top of your skin, and your skin underneath will be dying for some proper moisturization.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2009 2:42:00 AM More reviews by greenclover

A nice all around moisturizer for hair, face and body. Not a miracle product but a good gentle oil for sensitive skin. Heavy, so does not sink in right away. On the face it moisturizes well but once it's sunk in it's pretty much gone. Doesn't leave much all-day moisture like a cream or lotion with glycerin or some other ingredients to help bind the oil and water to your skin. Nice to put on damp/ wet skin out of the shower. As body oil add essential oils for fragrance because you will smell like well, olive oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by agrillo72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've only been using EVOO for about 2 weeks so my review may not be as thorough as others yet but I have to say - so far, so good. I use it as a facial treatment, a hair treatment, and a body and hand moisturizer. I am trying to not "overuse" it - especially on my hair and face but after finally feeling my hair supple and strong, shiny and managable I was hooked. Actual hair conditioners never gave me such noticeable and (so far) lasting results! On my face, I use it as a cleaner but also as a treatment, leaving a little bit on my skin while I sleep. The mornings find my face very well hydrated and so soft! I was worried about breakouts but I haven't noticed any problems yet. My fingers are crossed and my hopes are high! Try it...you can always use it in the kitchen if no where else!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by melkins9

Marilyn Monroe swore by this. A mask on the face after removing all your make-up is the smoothest, most natural, and best moisturizing agent you can find. I LOVE this treatment and it works well on your hands, feet, and hair as well. Remember to get EXTRA Virgin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2009 4:59:00 AM More reviews by Kaijia

fantastic as a scrub (with either sugar or sea salt) and absolutely unbeatable for hands- i use it throughout the day and as a nighttime treat. my hands are buttery-soft and my nails have never been stronger!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by greenteanah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

After researching EVOO and seeing all its benefits, and since I'm always on the lookout for good moisturizers, and since I love the idea of using natural products on my face, I really wanted to like this. For about a week, I used it as a nighttime facial moisturizer and kept it on all night. In the morning, I just washed my face with a washcloth. A few hours after I put a few drops all over my face, the moisture seems to decrease and my skin starts feeling dry again and I get little dry patches on my cheeks. So it's not a suitable moisturizer by itself! Then I decided to mix a few drops of EVOO with my Olay cream, and it makes the Olay cream sooooo much better; it makes my normal (with dry cheeks) skin feel so smooth.
Here's a tip for dispensing EVOO that's in a big bottle with a screw-on cap: take off the cap, put the palm of your hand over the top opening, and turn the bottle upside down so your palm catches the oil, then turn the bottle right side up again, and you have the perfect amount of EVOO on your palm. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2009 6:35:00 AM More reviews by charms09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a body and face scrub mixed with a little sugar, this stuff can't be beat. It leaves my skin soft and smooth when I use it a couple times a week (anymore than that is a big no-no for my skin). I don't use it as a face moisturizer, though, its a bit too heavy for my face and I prefer Vitamin E oil but on my lips it is a great moisturizer. Cheap and effective, definitely worth recommending.