December 21, 2014 | 1901 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by chiiko

Having read so many good reviews on this mascara, I finally bought it last week at CVS. But when I put it on I got no volume and I don't think my lashes were lengthened very much even after 3 coats. L'Oreal volume shocking mascara does a much better job than this one and I get way more dramatic effects with it. Not to mention this smudges like crazy, I can almost use it as eyeshadow.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2009 12:56:00 PM More reviews by NikkiDZ07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm so disappointed. I wanted to switch from L'oreal Voluminous, which I LOVE, because I'm tired of getting black smudges underneath my eyes. This was much worse. I had HUGE smudges of black on my bottom lid half way through the day. I also woke up this morning with a ton under my eyes, even though I worked hard to remove it last night. I will try it again, without coating the bottom lashes to see if I can at least use the tube up.

Also, my eyelashes felt crunchy. And today they do not feel as long as they do normally. I am wondering if there was some sort of breakage?

As for volume- this is no voluminous.

If anyone knows of a d/s mascara that does not smudge/flake please let me know!

UPDATE: After using it for a few days I have decided that this really would be a great mascara if it stayed on my lashes and not on my skin. It separates really well and lengthens. I have discovered that it smells pretty badly like nasty chemicals.

UPDATED UPDATE: I cannot even salvage this mascara for my top lashes. I have never had so much smudging in my life. And it's waterproof so I can't get it off of my skin. I just purchased maybelline define a lash, and it is so much better than this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2009 12:14:00 AM More reviews by vdo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure if full & soft is getting discontinued. I bought it on sale at london drugs and I don't think they've restocked, but it's still full price ($7-8 CDN) at wallmart.

Anyways, I really like this mascara! I was using Lash Exact before this but one of my friends recommended full & soft. Since I started using it I've even gotten compliments on my lashes.

I don't like lash exact's rubber wand. I find that the full & soft wand coats my lashes better and doesn't clump (except maybe at the tip a little bit). The waterproof version (in conjunction with my Shisedo curler?) holds a curl ALL DAY and doesn't flake. At the end of the day there might be a little smudge under my lower lashes, but it's nothing that can't be rubbed away.

I don't really look for volume with my mascaras, and I don't think my lashes look particularly voluminous with this one. Full & Soft leaves my lashes look longer, defined and soft (true to its name!).

I'll definitely rebuy (if it's still around!)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by itschelseavee

this is my favorite mascara cause it doesn't flake & it does make my eyelashes full
but it doesn't last long it, an hour later i saw it on my under eye even if i just wear it on top...so that's not really good. it's supposed to be waterproof! but when i cry it doesn't come off but it melts in humidity...o_O

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2009 8:36:00 PM More reviews by lyn858

I tried this mascara twice and it smudged and flaked both times. It gives great volume to the lashes, however, but you can achieve the same effect with Maybelline Volum Express Waterproof mascara, which doesn't smudge or flake. I know because I compared the two with Full and Soft on one eye and Volum Express on the other.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by linderxd

Only mascara to ever hold my curl. Favorite mascara ever. and i've tried many. <33 this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 6:48:00 AM More reviews by Pureangel

LOVE! &heart This stuff actually holds the curl! I've never tried the original formula but for now I'll stick to this...I really wanted something to give me a clean look, which means seperate each lash and coat them evenly is very important! This does that AND holds my curl. Ah, did I mention i have the short straight thin asian lashes? I don't want anything that makes me look like I have less lash than I have alreay! So yes, for this time being I'm going to be using this! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 1:49:00 PM More reviews by earlyprim

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this mascara. I have purchased the full & soft regular mascara but I workout a lot and the waterproof mascara is perfect for me.

This mascara has several color choices. Since I'm fair I prefer the brown/black for daytime and soft black for evening. The mascara looks very natural when applied. It does lengthen and define my lashes. The mascara does help my lashes hold a curl too. The brush is excellent for my lower lashes...the perfect size where you don't accidently hit the under eye area when applying mascara to inside/outside corner lashes.

The waterproof mascara does not run , flake, or clump. The waterproof mascara is very easily removed.I use Avon Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover on a cotton ball.....one swipe is all it takes. No tugging,rubbing, or pulling necessary.

Very reasonable in price. Especially if you can find a BOGO and stock up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by pudding123

All I can say is WOW! I'd tried dozens and dozens of different mascaras from cheapy $2AUD ones to expensive $50AUD ones and this is def. the best i've tried so far!
My lashes are very rigid and usually by the end of the day my lashes will completely lost its curl and point downwards (i have straight asian lashes). But Full n Soft in conjunction with my shiseido curler gives me a fake eyelash effect so hot!!!
Its buildable depending on the occasion. Not as much volume as Diorshow Blackout i must admit, but hey its 1/4 of the price!
The only thing which annoys me is that it takes a bit of effect to remove!!! Although thats probably cos i'm so used to non-waterproof mascaras hehe.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2009 1:40:00 PM More reviews by MOJOJOJ0

My favorite mascara, EVER. This was the first mascara I ever bought and I'm STILL in love with this. I prefer this over DIORshow, Stila, MAC, Lancome, Chanel, and every other drugstore brand I've tried. It's really lightweight and natural. This makes my lashes look lengthened, volumized, and curled without weighing down my lashes. I really recommend this! The price isn't that bad either compared to high end brands, so just try it!