Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

3.9

Petroleum Distillates, C8 9 Isoparaffin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Water (Aqua), Synthetic Beeswax, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Propylene Carbonate, Polyvinyl Laurate, Silica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Methylparaben, Isoceteth 20, Lecithin, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl/Methacrylate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Simethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Carmine (CI 75470) (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77299 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide)

on 5/23/2009 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of my favorite mascaras. It looks pretty natural with one coat but the more coats I put on, the more dramatice it looks without yucky clumps. I love how it's so buildable. It does weigh down my lashes if I don't let the 1st coat dry first. But it still doesn't clump even when I let the mascara dry in between coats. It stays true to being soft because I can comb through my lashes when it drys and it doesn't pull at my lashes. I couldn't do that with my 2000 calorie waterproof mascara. This is a good basic mascara but it takes a ton of coasts to get volume. It does smudge a bit and gets on the my bottom lids but I just wipe it off with a Q-tip.

on 5/11/2009 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i just bought this mascara based on reviews on MUA and also from michellephan on youtube. when i first found out that it is a very soft touchable mascara, i was immediately attracted to it. however, one major necessity that i need in a mascara is the ability to hold a curl. without that, it doesn't mean anything to me. so I bought it today at walgreens for $7-8 and came home to try it on and LOVED IT. it is truly a soft mascara, it lengthens, and makes your eyelashes fuller. it also does not clump whatsoever, even after i put on 3 - 4 coats with drying in between, unlike many mascara that immediately clump if not wet. and the curl, the curl is amazing! this is one of the few mascaras that i don't have to curl a bit after applying. usually i curl just once after putting mascara to insure the curl, but in this case i didn't even have to! Amazing amazing HG mascara, I love it and I'm so happy that i bought it! can't rec more!

on 4/28/2009 2:10:00 PM

Whenever I try new mascara formulas, I use this as a base to hold the curl...the formula is okay but when applied alone seems slightly brittle but still one my faves

on 4/28/2009 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Simply the best. I have been wearing this for years,and always go back to it after buying something new! Bend the brush, and you will be amazed at the results!

on 4/26/2009 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this. I have been using it for years. it is my old faithful mascara. I use it in conjunction with another mascara. I like this one because even though it is waterproof it doesnt rip out the lashes when you try to remove it. I use this to waterproof my other mascara and it works great.
love, love, love this product!

on 4/21/2009 4:17:00 PM

Having read so many good reviews on this mascara, I finally bought it last week at CVS. But when I put it on I got no volume and I don't think my lashes were lengthened very much even after 3 coats. L'Oreal volume shocking mascara does a much better job than this one and I get way more dramatic effects with it. Not to mention this smudges like crazy, I can almost use it as eyeshadow.

on 4/18/2009 12:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I'm so disappointed. I wanted to switch from L'oreal Voluminous, which I LOVE, because I'm tired of getting black smudges underneath my eyes. This was much worse. I had HUGE smudges of black on my bottom lid half way through the day. I also woke up this morning with a ton under my eyes, even though I worked hard to remove it last night. I will try it again, without coating the bottom lashes to see if I can at least use the tube up.

Also, my eyelashes felt crunchy. And today they do not feel as long as they do normally. I am wondering if there was some sort of breakage?

As for volume- this is no voluminous.

If anyone knows of a d/s mascara that does not smudge/flake please let me know!

UPDATE: After using it for a few days I have decided that this really would be a great mascara if it stayed on my lashes and not on my skin. It separates really well and lengthens. I have discovered that it smells pretty badly like nasty chemicals.

UPDATED UPDATE: I cannot even salvage this mascara for my top lashes. I have never had so much smudging in my life. And it's waterproof so I can't get it off of my skin. I just purchased maybelline define a lash, and it is so much better than this!

vdo

on 4/18/2009 12:14:00 AM

I'm not sure if full & soft is getting discontinued. I bought it on sale at london drugs and I don't think they've restocked, but it's still full price ($7-8 CDN) at wallmart.

Anyways, I really like this mascara! I was using Lash Exact before this but one of my friends recommended full & soft. Since I started using it I've even gotten compliments on my lashes.

I don't like lash exact's rubber wand. I find that the full & soft wand coats my lashes better and doesn't clump (except maybe at the tip a little bit). The waterproof version (in conjunction with my Shisedo curler?) holds a curl ALL DAY and doesn't flake. At the end of the day there might be a little smudge under my lower lashes, but it's nothing that can't be rubbed away.

I don't really look for volume with my mascaras, and I don't think my lashes look particularly voluminous with this one. Full & Soft leaves my lashes look longer, defined and soft (true to its name!).

I'll definitely rebuy (if it's still around!)

on 4/16/2009 12:22:00 PM

this is my favorite mascara cause it doesn't flake & it does make my eyelashes full
but it doesn't last long it, an hour later i saw it on my under eye even if i just wear it on top...so that's not really good. it's supposed to be waterproof! but when i cry it doesn't come off but it melts in humidity...o_O

on 4/15/2009 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this mascara twice and it smudged and flaked both times. It gives great volume to the lashes, however, but you can achieve the same effect with Maybelline Volum Express Waterproof mascara, which doesn't smudge or flake. I know because I compared the two with Full and Soft on one eye and Volum Express on the other.