Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

3.9

Petroleum Distillates, C8 9 Isoparaffin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Water (Aqua), Synthetic Beeswax, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Propylene Carbonate, Polyvinyl Laurate, Silica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Methylparaben, Isoceteth 20, Lecithin, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl/Methacrylate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Simethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Carmine (CI 75470) (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77299 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide)

on 6/20/2009 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

love this mascara!

i have straight asian lashes, and i first curl my lashes with shu and apply a shiseido mascara base. then i apply this mascara. I love the brush. it separates my eyelashes so well! my eyelashes feel very soft and look very natural. the only bad thing is that this tends to smudge pretty badly. by the end of the day, i have raccoon eyes.

i have tried layering this with other mascaras. i find that i dont need to use an eyelash comb if i use this mascara AFTER any other mascara. The brush is great!

The color could be darker but thats okay if youre going for a more natural look.

i like to use a business card or some sort of thick paper to shield my eyelids from my mascara. i place the card behind my curled eyelashes and apply mascara. This allows me to get every single eyelash

sometimes the brush can get a little product stuck at the tip but i just scrape it off, back into the tube. the size is pretty good and can be used on the bottom lashes, though be careful because it tends to smudge by the end of the day

for me, my eyelashes are pretty sparse. this mascara holds my curl, since its waterproof, and seems to lengthen my eyelashes a bit, but there isnt much volume for me.

on 6/18/2009 9:48:00 PM

I think out of my mascara stash, this one I reach for the most. Its a very buildable mascara and that's what I love about it so much. The look is fairly noticeable and its one of the only mascara I've known to give a good curl. Will definitely repurchase!

on 6/18/2009 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

First try with a WP mascara, everyone kept telling me that If i wanted something to hold curl, I should try this. I really like it! The only thing about it that i dont love is the fact it makes my lashes look more on the natural side, and i like dark thick dramatic lashes! I tried it today for the first time as just a base coat and then added non-WP mascara and that worked out really well! I definitely wouldnt hesitate giving this mascara a try!!

I will also post a pic of me wearing it in the pictures!!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I wanted to try Full and Soft because I've seen many MUA members rave about it on the MU board. I grabbed the w/p version since non-w/p formulas weigh my lashes down and undo curl. Anyway, I used it for the first time today (over Shiseido's mascara base) and I'm totally loving the my-lashes-but-better effect. It not only makes them look "full and soft," but also longer and more defined. I'm so psyched! This mascara is perfect for my everyday 'natural' look and I think I love this more than my beloved HGs: MF 2000 Calorie and MF Volume Couture! D:

on 6/15/2009 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This mascara will remain my favorite, most dependable. It has the big brush that I prefer, is easy to apply, and can build to good thick lashes, with little or no flaking all day. The waterproof is not sold in as many stores in my area as the regular, but I certainly hope Mabeline will keep this in their line!

on 6/14/2009 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hmm, I don't write reviews on MU, but I felt compelled to do so for this mascara. Here's the deal: I've been using this for at least a few, more like several, years. I recently had someone comment on the fact that I don't wear make up. I pointed out that I was wearing mascara, and she said she couldn't tell. That made me think I should try something more "dramatic."
That's how I ended up looking at reviews for mascara. And how I came to find that my particular brand/type doesn't seem to score too poorly! I think I'll try something new, but keep on with this, too.

Pros:
Stays on! Really. I exercise ALL the time. I walk 10-12 miles a day, and this stuff stays put! It really is waterproof. I wear it in the shower or while washing my face, and need only seperate/touch it up afterwards. Only time it really runs is if I am sweating extremely hard for an extended period of time. or if I cry REALLY hard. (that's only happened a couple times in the last several years!).
It does make my lashes look fuller.
Very little smudging.

Cons:
Isn't very dramatic.
Can clump when more than two coats applies.
Hard to apply to smaller inside lashes.

I like this stuff just fine. I've tried other Maybelline mascaras, as well as Clinique and Lancome. They all smudged, clumped or looked totally fake. For my compulsive exercise, I need waterproof. For my clumsiness, I need smudgeproof.
This stuff fits the bill for me!

on 6/13/2009 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this product! I will admit the wand is a little harder to handle but once you get used to it its just like any other. It does a great job lengthing and seperating my lashes and it is lives up to its word on the waterproof scale. I loove this product!

Nice, natural looking mascara but smudges like crazy!!!

on 6/5/2009 11:40:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I bought this after a rec from the boards. I will admit that I was skepticle, I mean how could this compar to my staple $28 mascara. Answer: this is very nearly as good and for the price, I give up my HE mascara.
Applies very well. No clumpy goopy spider lashes. Very nice color. Stays on well. Comes off at night like a dream!
Highly reccomended!

on 6/5/2009 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using this product for about a month now, and I am really happy with it so far! It definetly lives up to its name, and gives my lashes that natural non-brittle feel. It isn't hard to remove, and doesn't flake or smudge at all. The only downside is that the wand picks up a bit too much mascara, so I have to wipe it off a little on my hand before applying, but to me thats not a huge deal.

Popular Mascaras