Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

3.9

Petroleum Distillates, C8 9 Isoparaffin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Water (Aqua), Synthetic Beeswax, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Propylene Carbonate, Polyvinyl Laurate, Silica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Methylparaben, Isoceteth 20, Lecithin, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl/Methacrylate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Simethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Carmine (CI 75470) (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77299 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide)

I always come back to this. It's just a no brainer mascara for me that I trust to hold a curl and not clump on me. It's buildable, separates and lengthens/defines. With a double coat I even get a little volume.
This isn't a "wow," dramatic type of mascara but I'm not always going for that. I find that the more dramatic types of mascaras are a little more difficult to work with or at least require more precision/application savvy.
I give it four lippies because I wish there was a "blacker than black super duper black" option. I tried out MUFE Smokey Lash today and the difference in black was notable. I think a blacker option would up the drama factor enough to where I would never buy another mascara.

This is a lovely choice though. I never have spidery lashes or clumps to comb out...this gives me the look of more lashes (they're all really there just usually some are stuck together, even with mascaras I consider decent) This is staple in my makeup kit, since the first time I tried it.
EDIT to add:
I use the non-waterproof version of this now and I like it even better. It manages to look even softer and I personally think it separates and defines a touch better too. Both are great mascaras though. I think Maybelline's best!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just tried this for the first time, and so far so good. Very easy to apply (the directions tell you to slowly apply from root of eyelash to tip, layer while still wet). Gave me good volume and extra length (my eyelashes are ok, dark brown, kind of on the long side, straight). Was disappointed that it didn't curl my lashes (not that it promised to), but after applying the mascara I curled them and they look very curly and long, but not overly dramatic. So far, I like. Will update if anything.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! I was able to catch it on a major sale at a local drug store for a $1.79(not sure how much the price is on the regular), I picked it up on a humble..... I was super surprised to see how well this product worked for me...I have pretty scrappy and short lashes and this made my lashes POP OUT!!!! I have lash blast and have nearly stoped using it completely because of Full 'n' Soft!!!! This will stay in my makeup kit permanantly!!!!!!!!!

This is absolutely my holy grail mascara. i am all about volume when it comes to mascara, and this does it for me perfectly. i don't like how volume mascaras usually make your lashes clumpy and hard, but as it says in the name, it makes them soft! my lashes don't clump at all, either, but i don't ever put more than one coat of mascara one (usually with 4 or 5 strokes.) it stays all day and i've never had any smudging. It doesn't lengthen much, but it lengthens just enough for me. i curl my lashes before applying and the curl stays after applying, which i know doesn't happen with all mascaras. i sometimes fail to throw my mascara out after 3 months, partially because i don't always have the money to purchase another and partially because i just plain don't like wasting product. i once had a tube of full n soft last me 6 months and still looked gorgeous-- now, regardless of its lasting power, DON'T make your mascara last more than 3 months. its can be very bad for you as bacteria can grow in your mascara and give you infections. anyway, i think i will be using full n soft for as long as they continue making it, hopefully for many many years to come!

Good for the price, with a great soft feel on my lashes. However, this melted throughout the day and it flaked A LOT, to the point where it irritated my eyes.

I bought this mascara because I normally use a non waterproof mascara. However, it being summer and me living at the beach made me realize that I probably needed a waterproof version too. I don't want racoon eyes every time I go into the pool!

This mascara is great for the most part. It does volumize, but very naturally. I used two coats yesterday and it made my lashes thicker and stand out more, but not in an "I'm wearing falsies" way. I'm curious to use this one compared to the non waterproof kind--I feel like the waterproof formula may be a bit thinner, but without both on hand to compare, it's hard to say. There was absolutely no clumping or flaking throughout the day.

I used straight cameilla oil last night to take the mascara off, and it worked beautifully.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Will repurchase this again and again. Every time I've strayed I've been disappointed. Goes on easily, no clumps, and imparts a natural look. Doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes and removes easily with Take the Day Off from Clinique.

HG HG HG!!! I love this mascara to death. I seriously hope Maybelline doesn't become dumb and decide to discontinue this fab product because it seriously is the best.

My lashes are naturally stick straight (aka asian lashes) and this mascara holds my curl perfectly. It looks so natural, not overdone, NOT clumpy. My lashes look so soft and touchable and most of all, NOT like spider legs. That look is a nono. No clumping, great formula, doesn't have an odd or overpowering smell .. what more can I say? This is THE best! & i love it so so so much! Repurchase MOST DEF! (=

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Another great find due to recs on MUA! My lashes really do stay soft and it's truly waterproof and sweat-tested! I love that this mascara does not clump, I don't have to comb through with a spiral brush like I do most other mascaras. Not much on lengthening but it doesn't claim to be. Gives a natural, full look which is great for casual days. Will definitely repurchase.

UPDATE: Had to follow-up to say that I just keep coming back to this mascara even though I'm always trying new stuff. I'm using Latisse so I already have the length and this gives amazing definition and really doubles the thickness of my lashes. I absolutely love it.

I love this mascara! It holds a curl and does not bleed- even when swimming! it feels great without being heavy. when you apply it it's light and easy. it is also quite lengthening which i didnt expect as its called "FULL n soft". it really does what it says its going to.

Popular Mascaras