Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

on 4/18/2010 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this!!!!! Every other cleanser iv used has dried my skin out completely, even though i wouldnt say i have dry skin(It sometime get really oily) Iv used cleansers designed for dry skin and they've even dried me out. This is perfect! It leaves my skin soo smooth!

You have to make sure you take it of right tho, (wipe off with damp cotton wool pads,wash with warm water then wipe with cotton wool again but this time with them dry) That how i use it and it never made me break out :) And my skin i really, really, really sensitive, nearly everything iv ever tried's made be break out and made my acne worse.

Totally great!

on 4/13/2010 3:09:00 AM

I have sensitive, acne-prone combo/oily skin. I can't use many of the moisturizers out there because I break out really easily... This product contains mineral oil but I have NEVER BROKEN OUT FROM IT and I've been using it for 2 months (I made sure to wait to review it!). The way you HAVE to use it if you break out easily or have sensitive skin is to use a wash cloth (doubles to exfoliate your skin daily) and use WARM WATER. The temperature of the water is key; the hotter (if your skin can tolerate), the better the cold cream comes off!! I scoop out a bit and masage into skin for 30 seconds and use q wash cloth with warm water and voilą!! Soft, make up clean skin... I use colorstay and before this cold cream I used to break out or wake up in the morning with clogged makeup pores -- nasty!! This is a great great product. After two months I really saw the fine lines on my forehead and eyes really soften; I know this is the product working because nothing else in my regime has changed. This is somewhat expensive in Canada at $7 for a smaller tub but it works if you wash it off right. I know some may not like the hassle but TRUST ME this takes off makeup great. My pores stay clean and my skin feels so soft! You can follow up with a cleanser but I don't.. I just use a toner and then moisturize after. One huge problem with this product is it's not good to remove eye makeup because it stings your eyes. But the fact that it softened my fine lines is good enough to keep me using it and that it softens my skin while removing my makeup!! Seriously, wayyyyy less acne and pimples because of cold cream!! I'm sooooo glad my random googling one night when I couldn't sleep led me to this old school gem!! I hope you all try this and get results because I do, and for only $7 ;) woohoo!

on 4/10/2010 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm not a fan of this product. It's strange because I have pretty dry skin and this is designed for those with dry skin. It actually makes me break out. I always wash it off with a face cloth and yet it still leaves a very greasy residue on my face. I don't like the smell either. Disappointed with it!

on 4/10/2010 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used lots of cult cleansers (Eve Lom, Liz Earle etc) and have not been impressed. I decided to try this after reading the reviews on here. I am really impressed. I massage into my skin and then run a flannel under a tepid tap and then wipe off. The roughness of the cloth, especially wiped around the nose, gives a gentle kind of exfoliation at the same time. (Bought cheap white flannels at Wilkinsons for this and they are just the right thickness.) I do not use this every day, just when I want to spend a bit more time on pampering my face. At most I use it twice a week. I cannot imagine just tissueing his off, it is too thick and sticky. Inoffensive smell (roses?). Hate the glass jar. Its deep so gunk up the fingernail time, but you could use a spoon to get it out if you were so inclined. I have sensitive skin and this is fine. Leaves it soft and glowing. I saw in Boots the other day that it is getting a new look. I hope this does not mean a change of formula. This stuff is cheap, it deep cleans without stripping the skin, and leaves you glowing. What I also like is that women have been using this for years. I find that quite endearing. (Flappers in the 20s, women who were waiting for their loved ones to return from WW1 and 2.) I like the continuity. This is one of a number of retro products that I have started to use, or rediscovered. All of them have a reason for their long use - they work without any of the pseudo scientific crap that you get on more modern products.

on 3/25/2010 2:40:00 AM

I use this product only after a night out the only time I would have on heavy makeup. I use it after I use my almay eye remover pad for my eyes and a pre moistened equate wipe all over the face. I don't use any moisturizers afterwards because of the oily feel works as a moisturizer.

The only problem is it's a messy process.

I will continue to buy this product.

on 3/20/2010 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I absolutely adore everything about this product. The smell is not to the point of where is becomes obnoxious, but just subtle enough to be soothing blend of an almost cucumber melon type scent, except better.

The formula of it, although I do understand that it is not the same as the original still works. Ponds cuts right through my toughest of makeup, and removes even the professional paints and glues that I often experiment with on my skin. Getting that off is no easy feat, and allows for makeup cleanup to be quick and easy.

For use of this I usually take a bit and slather is onto my face and I wait till I'm in the shower to really rub it in throughout my whole face and let the water rinse off the excess. In return my skin is left extremely soft and hydrated without feeling greasy. I would not suggest using this if you are going to just towel your face off with a piece of toilet paper because that might leave some slick spots on your face. Overall this is an amazing product that does not sting, burn, or tighten up my already dry skin, while still removing the most stubborn of makeup.

on 3/20/2010 10:12:00 PM

This review is about the Mexican version of this product. In general, I like it a lot because it does remove all your make up without leaving skin dry but I have rather sensitive skin and my dermatologist prescribed me a cleanser from La Roche Posay.
Pond's cleansing cold cream even helps me remove my waterproof mascara but I still have to wipe the rest with a special eye make up remover. I'd but it again but I prefer other products. It's very thick so I'd wash my face after using this cream.

on 3/20/2010 9:24:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

i really like this product, takes off my makeup so fast and i like it better than wipes because they irritate my face and sometimes make my cheeks dry and flaky. i dont need to use much of the cold cream for it to work so the big tub lasts, i dont use this on my eyes, and it does make my face oily but not as oily as my jergens lotion and it washes away when i cleanse. i would repurchase.

on 3/20/2010 7:52:00 PM

I have been using this for a while now and it does the job well. It even removes my waterproof mascara, and usually I would have to use a separate eye-makeup remover for that. Price is good, but packaging not so much. I am sure that the manufacturer is trying to hold onto the failiar packaging that customers recognize, but digging into a jar is not that sanitary. This product could easily be dispensed from a squeeze tube type of container and even possibly via a pump bottle. Good staple simple product that does not irritate my face.

on 3/20/2010 7:41:00 PM

i hate this product. i just keep using it to use up the bottle because ifeel bad if i waste it. this product seriously makes my eyes burn yet it says its a makeup remover? it also does not take all my makeup off i always get out the shower with lots of black stuff under my eyes still.