Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

on 5/8/2010 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I learned about this from my mom. Ever since I was small I watched her take a dollop of this out and rub it around both her eyes until she looked like a raccoon and then she wiped it all off with a wet washcloth. It always made me laugh.....until I started wearing makeup myself.

Like my mom, I am a HUGE mascara fan. I usually avoid foundation unless I'm having an uneven skintone week, so I just use this to take off my eye makeup. I also tend to have oily skin so this is far too heavy for me to use all over my face. As far as a eye makeup though....nothing beats it and it's cheap! I also love taking my eye makeup off at the end of a long hard day with this because it's so cool and refreshing, my eyes feel instantly relieved.

I don't tend to have really difficult skin so I can use the cheaper drugstore products without much complaint and this is definitely where I save a few extra dollars to splurge on new and wonderful mascara products!

on 5/7/2010 5:44:00 AM

Really removes makeup. I like slathering this on when removing a face full of makeup, but the greasy look, feel AND after-feel needs heavy-duty removal as well. I wipe it all off with a wet towel and the feel of the cream is still there. I usually use an exfoliating cleanser after this to completely remove the feeling. It's really cheap though. Packaging is ok, I use a spatula to take out the amount I need. Won't buy again because I want to try other makeup removers.

on 5/7/2010 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

pretty great product takes out make-up very well, from regular make-up to waterproof mascara or eyeliner. I would recommend this to anybody.

on 5/7/2010 12:58:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I think I found my HG make-up remover! I use Revlon Colorstay foundation and find it nearly impossible to remove. I've used L'Oreal's Hydrafresh cleanser (pink one), but that dried out my skin and left traces on; Neutrogena, Oil of Olay cleansers, and nothing has worked.

I bought Ponds cold cream after reading reviews and I am very impressed with this drugstore classic! It takes off the Colorstay with dampened cotton pads, making the stuff slide off! (Works better than a wet cloth). Leaves my skin soft and supple. Doesn't dry or make me break out.

UPDATE: I added another lippie because Pond's is the only thing that will take off ALL of my eye make-up. I wear non-waterproof mascara and Revlon CS eyeliner and nothing takes it all of like Pond's. My skin also feels and looks great afterwards.

I got into thinking Ponds would work because I was using another greasy cleanser (Lush's Ultra Bland) that did the trick. However, I didn't want to re-purchase Ultra Bland (at $15 CAD for a small jar) and found Pond's a really great alternative.

Note: I don't use this for removing eye-makeup, as it kind of stings my eyes.

EDIT: With my skin feeling a bit dry these days, I've been applying Pond's cream in the morning and wiping it off, I then apply my foundation, and my skin was glowing (and foundation still stayed on).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use this at night to remove my makeup... I LOVE IT! It removes everything and leaves my skin feeling clean and looking as smooth as can be. It does have a strong scent to it kind of like rosewater, I just love it.... if your looking for an inexpensive makeup remover that works I say give this one a try.... I get a big jar of it in Target for under 6 dollars and sometimes I get it on sale in the grocery store. Ponds has been around forever so they must be doing something right.

on 5/3/2010 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have been through a couple of jars of Ponds Cold Cream over a year or so, and have used the solid-style, emulsifying technique (as this is) to remove eye make-up for over half a decade. I was attracted to the low-budget glamour of the Ponds line, before I looked into the Unilever (parent company) animal testing policy. I would consider using this again if that changed, but for now, I canít support it. However, I wonít let that tarnish my review.
I donít know if the formulation changed between the two jars, but I enjoyed the first lot far more than the second. My technique was to dampen a cotton-wool pad with warm water, apply a fingernail quantity of the cold cream to it, and then sweep over lids. With thicker make-up, I might apply the cream directly, massage in, and then remove with a warm pad or washcloth. The second jar left my lids redder and didnít remove make-up as well. Sometimes stray mascara would cling to my brows, so more recently Iíve been using a Q-tip directly onto my lashes for more precision. The second jar has very nearly finished, but the cream has started to smell funky, so itís for the bin.
I have a slightly better experience with LUSHís Baby Face. I use a similar technique but you need to melt the hard bar with a hot, wet pad first. It is that little bit more successful in removing make-up, and there is no redness left behind Ė plus, they adopt a beauty-without-cruelty attitude.

on 5/2/2010 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

idk if it removes face makeup (foundation, concealer etc) because i only use this on my eye area. it gets eyeshadow, mascara, and eyeliner off. you've gotta work it a little and go in with qtips to get off eyeliner though. it does feel a little oily, but after steaming my face with a warm shower, the oiliness disappears. it does not sting your eye, which is great if you're using it on the waterline.

I bought this a few years ago in my search for a makeup remover. The towelettes weren't doing the trick so I thought a cream like this would be good for removing stubborn eye makeup.

The scent IS soothing, and the tub style is easy to use.

EDIT:
Ok, after leaving this on my shelf I went back to it and I found that it's not half bad when I use it in conjunction with my Loreal Skin Genesis cleanser. I can use it to remove my mascara/eyeliner and it does a great job at that. I still have to rinse it away with my skin cleanser but afterward my skin is soft and glowing. No breakouts as long as its rinsed away completely. I would rather use this product than baby oil or mineral oil anyway. I guess I wasn't using it right before, but now it has come in handy. I changed my rating.

on 4/29/2010 10:46:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this product. last summer up till jan 2010 i started using foundation for the first time and during this time i got cystic acne on my cheeks.to solve it i cleaned my skin everyday with ALCOHOL which just made them more hideous. i later figured out i had combo-dry skin and this product SAVED MY LIFE!! i bought the big tub and it lasted me a little over 3 months which is awesome economic wise. my skin is so clear and supple that i only put on a powder with spf as far as face makeup goes. if u put alot of eye makeup on (mascara, liner, eyeshadows) then u have to cleanse at least 2x with the cream. thats okay i did spend a bunch of time putting it on so its obvious that it would take a little more time to clean it off. the directions say u can use a warm washcloth to take it off but i just use a clean tshirt or face towel. this cleans my skin and moisturized it and now its the only thing i use morning/nights and before my showers. LOVE IT LOVE IT!!

on 4/29/2010 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I really can't understand the good reviews about this product, I bought it purely from the reviews on here and I am stunned by the aweful results I got.

The cold cream can just about cope with removing tinted moisturiser, no foundation heavier than that. More importantly It is utterly useless at removing mascara and eyeliner so I end up having to slather on loads and it's IMPOSSIBLE to wash off!

Added to that it gave me a cystic acne breakout which I haven't had for 15 years.