August 1, 2014 | 1792 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Lazee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

You really have to work this into the skin for it to dissolve any makeup. In the instructions it states the cream can be removed using cotton wool or a damp washcloth. I found the latter to be most effective. The cream is very thick and emollient and trying to remove with cotton wool proved to be rather difficult and time consuming. i would say 80% of the cream gets taken off with a warm terry cloth. It doesnt remove eye-makeup or very resilent foundations (estee lauder DW). This really does moisturize the skin well so i can see why ppl with dry skin can like it, however on my acne-prone skin it made me break out. Even when i followed with a rinse off cleanser the same thing happened, so wont be using this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 3:47:00 AM More reviews by fkngabi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

ughh I hate this. It does a horrible job removing my makeup and I usually have to tissue it off like 5 times before it can get it all off especially after clubbing when I just wanna go to sleep. And it always makes my skin feel greasy and gross, I wanted something more refreshing and this just makes my skin feel nasty. And I F*n hate the smell its disgusting. Deff will not buy this again.

After reading a review on here on the correct usage of this, I decided to give it another try and I love this now, it's good at removing makeup when you use it the correct way which is scooping some out and then massaging it onto your face until it turns white, and then tissuing it off until you see no more make up on the tissue. Before I would just scoop it out with a tissue and wipe my face with it, I think massaging it onto your face really does the trick at removing all the makeup. Using a good toner after this helps too. This is perfect to use on the days when you are too lazy to wash off your makeup and just want to go to sleep lol. Also it's by far the best eye makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by 4PinkLady9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my hg cold cream. I as well as several members of my family have been using this product since I can remember. It is a great product at a great price. My sisters and I as well as my mom always get complimented on how healthy/glowy, smooth and soft our skin is. The only things we really use on our face is this little baby. I love putting it on my face at night so that my skin can absorb it overnight. I also use it to remove makeup. If your looking for an inexpensive way to help your skin this is a great face cream for an even greater price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 6:56:00 PM More reviews by candyisverygood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of the best products in the world! I had heard about this stuff from many, many women- all different ages (20-70), and they all said they swear by it. I know that the purpose is for it to be a really strong cleanser that doesn't dry out your skin. But I use this as an eye makeup remover. So if you are looking for some reviewage on that aspect of the product, then read on! I wear a ton of mascara as my lashes are naturally very light and sparse. Regular liquid eye makeup removers do nothing for my mascara. It removes my eyeshadow, but that's about it. This stuff, on the other hand, removes my mascara, eyeliner, and eyeshadow! Here's how I use it- I take a piece of toilet paper and dip it into the pot. I smooth the product over my eyelashes and just keep moving it around and scooping up the residue that's left over. With a pretty small amount of product, I can wipe away my day's-worth of makeup! It even removes stubborn waterproof mascara. I don't find the scent bad at all- it's kind of rosey. This stuff does sting my eyes, though, so I have to be careful not to use too much. Buy this stuff now!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Ever84

I love this product so much! I love how it removes my makeup and hydrated my DRY skin at the same time. It's smooth and feels gentle on the skin but it is some what difficult to swipe off once rinsing. I like to use this while in the shower after removing my eye makeup with a cotton ball and mineral oil (takes the mascara/eyeliner right off) and wash my face with Cetaphil..then I apply a light layer of the Pond's cold cream to my face to lock in the moisture. (since being post accutane for 5 years I am very dry..I need as much moisture as I can get!) I love this product..it works well for my skin type.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It is really hard to convince me to buy a product in a tub, in which I have to dig my fingers in versus a pump, but I did it for the cold cream. Ahh, it's so frustrating, everything I've tried has been mediocre. I'm not crazy about the scent, it sort of smells like baby powder x10 and some flowers. Upon its first usage, I realized how oily the formula is, I thought to myself.."uh oh, it's going to break me out". It's unlike any cleanser I've used, no soapy goodness, no foam, it was true to its name, a cream. I actually would have thought it was a cream if I wasn't able to read the label in French. This product left my face looking and feeling greasy afterward (clogged pores = spots). I must say, it did a superb job in getting out the black heads on my nose.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by isabella0702

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this cleanser. i don't have the patience to use it every time i have makeup on but when i feel my makeup is heavy, i'll use this. it just melts off everything! i don't mind the rose smell the only thing i don't like is having to stick my fingers back in the jar with my melted makeup on them.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by bangton

This is THE best cleanser!! For me there is nothing that beats this - Its a cult classic and it truly deserves that status.
I smear this all over my face and use a flannel soaked in warm water to remove - thats it. My skin is literally left clean, fresh and supple and it takes 2 minutes. It removes ALL traces of makeup - even waterproof mascara - I smear it all over my eyes as well and it doesn't irritate at all.
Sometimes cleansers are harsh and can leave my face tight as my skin is sensitive and prone to breakouts. I could definately get away without moisturising after using this. Another thing - I break out less when I use it. I think because I am lazy when it comes to cleansing I break out because I don't cleanse thoroughly enough - thats why this rocks. I don't need to mess about for ages getting all my makeup off, but I know I am doing a good, thorough job.
Furthermore if my skin does happen to feel particularly dry, I slather this on before bed as a moisturiser - yes I look shiny as hell and I certainly wouldnt do this during the day, but it works a treat when I wake up in the morning. Occasionally I also pat it on for a 'dewy' cheeked looked ( I mean pat on - you have to be careful you don't put too much on). If I'm on a night out I also mix it with eyeshadow sometimes to create an eyegloss. It works really well.
Then theres my hands and feet which get slathered in it if they are dry. My cuticles get rubbed in it when they are torn. I pat it on spots (those awful pimples that hurt like mad! It soothes a treat).
Its a multi-tasking, wonder product!!!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had bought this in the past as a make-up remover, but I never repurchased because I was in love other eye make-up removers, liquid based. This, however, deserves to keep its status as a classic, because it is. It works on all types of foundation, sunscreen, powder, eyeliner, mascara (though waterproof will be tougher, but I never wear it), and even lip liner, lipstick. Just rub on and wipe off, then cleanse the residue. I love this more than any eye make-up removers I've used in the past, because I want an all-over make-up remover, and this is pretty much the best that's out there. On a side not, for those that hate the jar, I think it's the best container for this, because if you need to add more product you just scoop out more, instead of using your greasy hands to squeeze a tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by jbschott

My grandmother used Ponds Cold Cream & I bought a jar one day to try it. I have moderately oily skin & it hasn't caused me to break out. I use it at night & followed it with an astringent/toner. The combination of those two leave my skin moisturized, but not oily. I love this product & will continue to use it. I even think it has improved the overall appearance of my skin.