Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

4.1

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

on 3/10/2010 9:01:00 PM

I use this for removing my eye make up and nothing else. As far as that goes...this is awesome!!! I wear waterproof mascara and this is the only thing that completely removes the makeup. It also removes gel liners and any other hard to remove eye things. I rub this onto my eyes one at a time and use a dry wash cloth to take it off and it does a wonderful job! I've used many other eye make up removers but this by far is the best and most economical.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I used this product, many moons ago, and at that time it was my go to "cleanser" to remove my makeup. It is indeed a great product, but when I adopted a more homeopathic approach to beauty several years ago, I stopped using this product, however, it is highly recommended.

on 3/9/2010 6:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the only product I like to use when taking off my eye makeup. I use different wet toilets (ponds, equate, anything really) and anything that doesn't seem to come off I will use ponds cream. But I mostly use my ponds cream for my eyes & eyebrows. I use cotton rounds to dip into the cream and then start removing makeup. After years of trying different eye makeup removers, I always go back to ponds because for me, it works the best. And I love that because it is a cream, it leaves the eye area soft. Now, I never have a problem with it leaving my skin oily because as I said, I really don't use it for my face. I use this mainly as eye makeup remover. And I have very oily skin but this does not leave me oily afterwards.

on 3/9/2010 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

There isn't anything about this wonderful cleanser that hasn't been said already. It removes makeup gently and completely. It cleans out pores better than anything I've used so far. Within 3 weeks of use, every blackhead in my nose was gone. My only complaint is that I didn't find this sooner. There is no doubt that I'll be using this for a very long time.

I apply it liberally, rub it around to loosen makeup and grime, and then rinse it off with a warm, wet washcloth.

I like this product! It removes my wet and wild creme liner. It also removes my waterproof mascara really well. Make sure you gently remove your eyemakeup because tugging your eyes will give you premature wrinkles. It does feel greasy afterwards, but I wash my face with a cleanser anyways. I also have the neutrogena eyemakeup remover but it's more expensive. Plus, I use this product to remove the dirt off my neck and behind my ears!

on 2/25/2010 7:30:00 PM

I absolutely hated this product. You MUST use another cleanser afterwards because water alone will not remove this stuff. It feels so heavy and oily. It's great at removing makeup because it's so greasy, but does not leave your face feeling clean. Also the packaging is awful. I hate sticking my fingers into the container. Not very sanitary at all. Will never repurchase. I will stick to MAC oil cleanser.

I gave this product a high rating because it works well for certain days. When it's -30 degrees celsius outside, it's windy and your cheeks are raw from the wind I would recommend this product. Also if you wear heavy makeup, bordering on stage makeup, this stuff removes everything really well. It gently cleans the face and you'll need little night cream before going to bed. One tub will last a long time if used only once in a blue moon. Apply on dry skin and remove with a dry or warm wet cloth.

on 2/24/2010 1:52:00 AM

I use this to "take off the day" With a dry cloth...be warned if you try to put this cream on your face and rinse it off with a damp cloth you're going to hate it, but it's really great for removing all traces of makeup.

on 2/22/2010 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

These winter months wreak havoc on my combination skin. I'm oily in my t-zone and dry on my cheeks (which get red from the dry air ugh) and I noticed the other day that even my nose was flaking from the dry air/heating, even though I obsessively use a humidifier every night!

SO I went out on a limb last week and got this miracle in a jar... I am so happy I did! I already notice improvements in my skin and even my skintone, which seems more even now. I take a dab of this amazing stuff and massage it all over my face, then wait a minute while it sucks all the makeup off my face (it seriously melts EVERYTHING off!). then I take a baby wipe, run it under warm water and wipe it all off. afterwards my skin is baby soft and moisturized! I don't know what I'm going to do with my Olay moisturizer now...I thought I loved that stuff but it looks like cold cream is replacing it!

Hopefully I'm not being overly optimistic (it's only been a week or so) but I'll let you know if anything changes. Yay for Pond's Cold Cream!!! Love how old school it is =)

on 2/19/2010 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this to remove my eye makeup (waterproof mascara included) and I think it's a brilliant product. Gets everything off, and because it's SO creamy, it pretty much moisturizes my eye areas too. A large tub lasts for quite a while, and I wear eye makeup everyday.

My only gripe is that it does leave a very greasy feeling, but if you're going to wash your face after removing the makeup anyway, it shouldn't be a big problem.

Oh, and packaging is terrible.

But would definitely re-purchase because it's the only product that removes my eye makeup easily and gently.