Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

on 5/18/2010 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

8/27/10 EDIT: Get the CVS version of the original, hundred year-old Ponds formula -- NOT the new Ponds formula. Also the CVS version smells much better than the Walgreen's version. The new Ponds is not the same product at all. The classic cold cream is a classic for a reason. The absolute best at removing makeup, then I remove it with a warm, wet baby wipe. Have to avoid the eyes, though... they are too sensitive for anything but J&J Head to toe, which I follow the cold cream with.

on 5/17/2010 10:08:00 PM

UPDATE: I've moved on but I still use it sometimes, didn't break me out but it's too much work at night, still love it though!

I really want to love this, I really do. But I'm not sure, because I feel like it's going to make me break out. I've been using for about a week and I LOVE how it feels and the fact that it take all of my make up off! I'll keep using it and I'll edit after a while to see if it did or didn't break me out. Oh yeah the bottle/jar it's super cute(mhmm make sure your hands are CLEAN before you dip them in, duh!) and it's rediculously cheap, soo go try it!

on 5/17/2010 2:01:00 AM

Pond's Cold Cream is my nightly ritual, and in fact if I had a "beauty secret" this product would be it! I have used a lot of different facial cleansers, makeup removers, and cold creams. This product exceeds all of them hands down. I apply just as instructed in the directions on the back of the product, and remove with a warm to hot wet cloth.
Even the toughest of water proof makeup is no match for this cream! It gently removes every trace of makeup leaving my skin feeling so clean. My skin is pretty moisturized after removal, however I apply a small amount of the cream around my eyes just before bedtime. Oh yes...this is where the top secret "beauty secret" is revealed. Pond's Cold Cream, is an excellent deep moisturizer, i.e. you don't have to wash it off depending on how you use it. Of course if you are using it to take off your makeup wash it off at some point. In addition to the magical way it removes makeup, this is also the perfect product to deeply moisturize troublesome dry areas and can be applied to knees, elbows, and dry feet! It is just that AMAZING! I find this product to be extremely gentle, and I happen to have very sensitive skin. If you read the ingredients this product contains beeswax which has so many beneficial qualities for our skin. This product does not contain soy, which has recently been added to so many beauty products that I can no longer use due to having an allergy to soy. Smell apparently is an issue for some ladies as I am reading. To me it smells like roses with a hint of lemon, and I adore it. In fact nothing else smells quite like this product, and the price is unbeatable! What more could you ask for?

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I prefer Albolene over this because it is more moisturizing, but i use this when my skin doesnt need as much moisture in the summer, so this is the runner up. I bought the cucumber one with the green lid. the one with the blue lid works but isnt as refreshing and is a bit more irritating than the cucumber green one. i love the smell of this.

on 5/12/2010 10:17:00 AM

This is my HG facial cleanser. It is all I use to remove dirt, makeup, & sunblock, both at night and it the morning. It leaves my face so soft, yet thoroughly cleansed. An oldie but a goodie for sure.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I use a little bit of this product to remove my makeup before cleansing my face. It works wonderfully on my skin! This is the only makeup remover that can gently and easily remove my stubborn waterproof mascara which is what I would recommend to everyone. It would be nice if the packaging was different since it can be a bit tricky to get the cold cream out of the jar at times, but the product itself is great. I hear that you can use this as a face moisturizer by leaving it on instead of removing it with a warm washcloth like the instructions said, but I have not tried doing this yet.

on 5/8/2010 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I learned about this from my mom. Ever since I was small I watched her take a dollop of this out and rub it around both her eyes until she looked like a raccoon and then she wiped it all off with a wet washcloth. It always made me laugh.....until I started wearing makeup myself.

Like my mom, I am a HUGE mascara fan. I usually avoid foundation unless I'm having an uneven skintone week, so I just use this to take off my eye makeup. I also tend to have oily skin so this is far too heavy for me to use all over my face. As far as a eye makeup though....nothing beats it and it's cheap! I also love taking my eye makeup off at the end of a long hard day with this because it's so cool and refreshing, my eyes feel instantly relieved.

I don't tend to have really difficult skin so I can use the cheaper drugstore products without much complaint and this is definitely where I save a few extra dollars to splurge on new and wonderful mascara products!

on 5/7/2010 5:44:00 AM

Really removes makeup. I like slathering this on when removing a face full of makeup, but the greasy look, feel AND after-feel needs heavy-duty removal as well. I wipe it all off with a wet towel and the feel of the cream is still there. I usually use an exfoliating cleanser after this to completely remove the feeling. It's really cheap though. Packaging is ok, I use a spatula to take out the amount I need. Won't buy again because I want to try other makeup removers.

on 5/7/2010 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

pretty great product takes out make-up very well, from regular make-up to waterproof mascara or eyeliner. I would recommend this to anybody.

on 5/7/2010 12:58:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I think I found my HG make-up remover! I use Revlon Colorstay foundation and find it nearly impossible to remove. I've used L'Oreal's Hydrafresh cleanser (pink one), but that dried out my skin and left traces on; Neutrogena, Oil of Olay cleansers, and nothing has worked.

I bought Ponds cold cream after reading reviews and I am very impressed with this drugstore classic! It takes off the Colorstay with dampened cotton pads, making the stuff slide off! (Works better than a wet cloth). Leaves my skin soft and supple. Doesn't dry or make me break out.

UPDATE: I added another lippie because Pond's is the only thing that will take off ALL of my eye make-up. I wear non-waterproof mascara and Revlon CS eyeliner and nothing takes it all of like Pond's. My skin also feels and looks great afterwards.

I got into thinking Ponds would work because I was using another greasy cleanser (Lush's Ultra Bland) that did the trick. However, I didn't want to re-purchase Ultra Bland (at $15 CAD for a small jar) and found Pond's a really great alternative.

Note: I don't use this for removing eye-makeup, as it kind of stings my eyes.

EDIT: With my skin feeling a bit dry these days, I've been applying Pond's cream in the morning and wiping it off, I then apply my foundation, and my skin was glowing (and foundation still stayed on).