September 22, 2014 | 1003 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 10:15:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff takes off makeup great and really cleans the skin. Great for dry skin. It isn't that expensive at all and doesn't cause me to break out. I don't like the oily feel it has and you have to remove it with a pad or tissue. For the winter months or when im getting overly dry it works great, for other times I use the Cucumber deep cleanser which isn't as intense, but rinses away cleaner. Also the american packaging is crappy and the mexican version is soo much better as well as cheaper to buy. The one I have is called "Remueve Maquillaje e impurezas".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am on my second little jar of this "cool classic" for removing makeup. I also like to use Albolene very much but this one is starting to edge it out to remove foundation. I just slather it on my face and neck, rub gently over eye area, and wipe off with a tissue. Then I clean with my nightly soap and water, using a white washcloth. I rinse well and then place the washcloth on my face and press it to remove any lasting residue. Then I go over the face and neck with toner before the night-time moisturizing begins. It's quite simple, and it sure works for me. I also enjoy the scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by its123me

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very nice cold cream. The trick is to use it correctly. Slather a generous amount of cold cream on face. Then use tissues to wipe off the cream and the dissolved make up. After that, use a very warm wash cloth to remove the remainder of the product. In addition to this, one could wash afterward with a foaming cleanser or use toner. This is an oil, and while it cleans very well, it should be thoroughly removed afterward to insure that one doesn't get break outs. It can also be used as a heavy moisturizer.

I was a long time user of this product, but recently quit using it, as my husband told me he hates the smell. I now use a cold cream that I make myself so that I can control the scent.

Overall a very good product for cleaning and make up removal, when used correctly, and a great buy for the money!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by mashimaru

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product works well at dissolving makeup because it contains mineral oil as its first ingredient. Mineral oil is very effective at dissolving makeup. There's no other magic to it. I'm not crazy about the fact that it doesn't rinse off well - apparently, removing it is quite a laborious, complicated process. If you like the scent and the creaminess of the product, then enjoy. But there are other products out there that dissolve makeup completely *and* rinse clean very easily. Cold cream only does the first part well. So ... meh.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by m4mitchell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG cleanser. It removes all of my makeup, even waterproof eye makeup, with a minimum of scrubbing and it also helps moisturize my normal to dry skin. I like the fact that this has been around for 100+ years - it's a testament to the fact that this works!

I scoop a dollop of the cream out of the jar and massage it onto my face, and wipe it off with a wet warm washcloth. I generally have to go back and focus on my eyes some more when I use waterproof eyemakeup, but it doesn't take that long. Sometimes I'll wash my face again to make sure there's no residue left, other times I don't especially when my face is feeling dry and I want the extra moisture.

I'm sometimes tempted to buy a vintage Ponds Cold Cream jar off ebay and repot this product into the old jar; there are some gorgeous vintage ceramic jars out there and I enjoy using such an old fashioned product. Unfortunately this probably isn't the most sanitary idea, but I'm still intrigued. It would look nice on my dressing table.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2010 8:20:00 AM More reviews by globetrekker09

Question first: does this product like some facials make you break out a little bit first (gets all the stuff out from underneath in other words) then everything goes away? Since I have used this twice and have gotten a few spots and since my face wasn't really breaking out before hand, I think it may be this.

Okay, this product does make your face feel lovely and really evens out skin tone. I followed what people said on here and massage into my face for a minute or so and then wipe it off with a warm wash cloth. After that I use Cetaphil to wash the excess off. I don't use moisturizer now on my face in the evenings since my skin feels so smooth. However, like I said above, even though my skin feels lovely now and my skin tone is nice and even, I've gotten a few new spots after the second usage and I'm getting very wary now. I hope this is like a facial where it just makes things come out since I really like this product :(

Update: Okay, so I've been using this for a week now and I really love it! My skin is clearing up now and the spots that were there before aren't leaving marks. The marks that I had from some spots I had before (allergic reactions to something I think because they stayed on my face for well over two months, nothing like the normal spots I get) are even starting to fade which nothing else successfully made happen. My skin is less oily over all, I don't have to blot it during the day, and I think I may even drop the Cetaphil after the Ponds. My harsh winter still is making my face look a little on the blotchy side, but much less so than before. I'll keep buying this! I'm so happy to both discover that salicylic acid was the thing that was making me have skin issues in the first place and that I don't need to in order to get clear skin anymore. This product feels so much better on my skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by natasha232

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily forehead,nose and dry cheeks and chin. Dry bugs me. If you have dry skin you know that if you can feel it when you smiling or moving lips from side to side, anyways....I always take off makeup with makeup remover. Make sure it says " makeup remover " not just " facial cleanser "! I use Clean & Clear Makeup Dissolving Foaming Cleanser, which is a must have for anyone who uses makeup!! Then, I use Pond's Cold Cream on a clean face, it will almost melt into your skin when you massage it in. Leave it on for a few minutes which will moisturize and sink in the skin also remove any dirt that might be left by previous cleansing (just might) :) Wipe it off with a warm washcloth. Whoa...you got an amazingly soft and clean baby_skin! Hope your face will love this cleansing routine :)!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by nshine

I love this cream! It works so well on my skin! It's just great. But anyways, I have combination skin (oily in T-zone, dry in cheeks and chin) that's also acne-prone. I get acne on my nose, the bridge to my forehead, my forehead and around my nose. I have tried everything like spot treatments but those didn't work for me well. I found a great face wash, Neutrogena Acne Systems Grapefruit, but I realized that it needed more help, so I've been using ponds cold cream for three days now and it gives a few great benefits. 1) It made my skin extremely soft and smooth 2) My pores got smaller 3) Acne scars faded 4) Acne went away. It's really good for your skin. First I use my face wash, then I put the cream on 3x a day (twice if i don't work out) and it gets all makeup and gross stuff off of the skin. Today I had a whitehead, I put the cream on for about a minute, and when I tissued the cream off the pimple was almost non-existent. The only doubts i have about this product is sometimes my skin gets a little oily from it, and sometimes it takes awhile to tissue off. You don't need to put too much on. Another thing is the smell. It's not too terrible but its not that pleasant either. I'm not sure how this product works on blackheads, but it works great for all other types of acne. I highly recommend this product to anyone with dry, normal or combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by silenceincolour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a few weeks now. I've always had acne prone skin, but about a year and a half ago, I suddenly started developing more serious acne, the cystic kind. They left temporary scars and hyper-pigmentation which still have not gone away and probably won't for a few years.
Anyway, the point is that this acne continued regardless of what I did. I used retin-a micro, and although my skin got really dry, it also became much prettier- but the acne stayed.
Then I decided to try Pond's Cold Cream because I bought Revlon Colorstay.
What I do is rub some around on my face for a minute or so, then take it off with tissues using swipes, and never using the same side more than once. Because my skin is dry, I don't generally wash my face after that, but I do sometimes.
Since then, my acne is almost completely gone. I haven't had this clear of skin since I was nine years old.
This was the only change, so it had to be Pond's. Amazing stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Lazee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

You really have to work this into the skin for it to dissolve any makeup. In the instructions it states the cream can be removed using cotton wool or a damp washcloth. I found the latter to be most effective. The cream is very thick and emollient and trying to remove with cotton wool proved to be rather difficult and time consuming. i would say 80% of the cream gets taken off with a warm terry cloth. It doesnt remove eye-makeup or very resilent foundations (estee lauder DW). This really does moisturize the skin well so i can see why ppl with dry skin can like it, however on my acne-prone skin it made me break out. Even when i followed with a rinse off cleanser the same thing happened, so wont be using this again.