Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 12/27/2008 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

this gentle soap is excellent for my face. When I started using prescription strength topicals fr my acne my dr suggested i move to a very gentle cleanser. I've been using it now for about two years and it's really nice on the face. Even after I stopped using the topicals I still use the cleanser. In the cold weather it doesn't over dry the face and leave it feeling parched.

on 12/18/2008 3:58:00 PM

I have really oily skin, but I've been controlling it quite well lately. I started using this a couple of days ago. My face has been oily again and I've been going nuts trying to figure out what it is. So I realized that for some reason, this is making me super oily since this is the only thing I have changed in my routine. Will go back to purpose cleanser.

on 12/11/2008 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

In the beginning, this product was great for my oily skin, and I thought it was the perfect step above the gentle cleanser. However, after about 1-2 months, it left my skin too dry, which only made my skin produce more oil by mid-day. So, Cetaphil's gentle cleanser it is.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used to LOVE this product, but unlike regular Cetaphil, this has MASKING FRAGRANCE (listed as an ingredient!), and I think that is why it burns when I wash with it. I does a good job of cleaning the skin and removing makeup, but it makes my skin feel tight and look shiny. Lately I have been using this to clean my brushes. The packaging is great - I bought a huge pump bottle of it, so it's lasting for over a year now. I think instead of using this on my face, I will use it for brushes, or maybe in the shower. It might be more beneficial in the summer when my skin is definitely oily. I would not repurchase this because the Gentle Skin Cleanser works better.

on 12/7/2008 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favorite everyday cleanser. It takes off makeup beautifully and I even use it to clean my makeup brushes! It's not too drying for the skin, but I recommend you follow with a moisturizer particularly in the winter. This is a beauty must-have!

on 12/3/2008 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this for gentle cleansing on my oily acne prone skin. it's a thin, clear gel consistency. Takes off makeup and oil without stripping (especially nice when used with a washcloth for exfoliating). Has a scent I don't care for, but oh well.

I got this when I had a rash from a glycolic peel and wanted something gentle. I typically use salicylic cleansers. I like it so much I will continue using it while my skin is dry during the winter.

on 12/1/2008 7:06:00 PM

this stuff dries out my skin and irritates it terribly...it also leaves a film that feels like something is still glued to ur face...and the scent....i hate it...took it back without a question..try it out before you buy!

on 11/23/2008 7:02:00 PM

this is my absolute favorite cleanser. i've used this for years and also tested out many other brands, high and low, but i always come back to good old cetaphil daily facial cleanser. i wouldn't want to be without it!

on 11/18/2008 12:30:00 PM

I have to say that this cleanser worked great for me. I use to use the Aveeno cleansers with soy or salicylic acid in it. It never cleared up my acne or brightened my complexion. I thought it was the Mac makeup that broke me out. Once I switched to the Cetaphil what a difference it made for me. I recently purchased the Clarisonic and use it with the cleanser and my face has cleared up within a week. Will def. purchase it again.

on 11/14/2008 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

It's a good everyday cleanser. It is gentle, not overdrying, but removed necessary oil. The scent was a little funny when I first started using it but it's not offensive.

My dermatologist recommended it few years ago, and I'm pleased with it, and will continue using it.