November 27, 2014 | 927 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2008 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Kimmy3Girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser is pretty damn good. I only took a lippie off because I don't really think it removes makeup that well. But other than that it's great. I have combination skin. Its oily, dry, prone to acne n clog pores. so I need something that will really cleanse and help with the oiliness and something that is nice and gentle for my dry slightly sensitive skin. This is it! I don't think I will change to anything else now. The gentle cetaphil cleanser seemed too..gentle, didn't do enough, and my old fave, neutrogena oil free acne wash was too drying. Recommended.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2008 10:50:00 PM More reviews by curlygurl

I have oily/ combo skin, so I tried this instead of the regular cetaphil cleanser first. This dried out my skin terrrrribly within a week. It removes makeup well though. It also dried out my hands and my lips really badly. I am using Retin A Micro but my skin still gets oily in my Tzone throughout the day; this isnt a cure though. Very, very, very drying- even on oily skin. I switched to the regular Cetaphil which seems to remove makeup and cleanse just as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by CCuthbert

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this face wash! Comes in a pump bottle, runs around $6-$8. You can buy it pretty much everywhere which is so convenient. It really clears up my face and reduces monthly breakouts.

FYI: I am Chinese/Hawaiian with Oily Skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 8:29:00 PM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another overrated product. This cleanser did nothing for my skin and barely removed my eye makeup. It also left a light residue on my face that I removed with my regular cleanser. it doesn't foam like a liquid cleanser should and it felt icky on my skin. Cetaphil's cleanser did nothing for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by wmoyal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a complicated skin regimen because of my acne, tried lots of salicylic acid based washes...finally I tried this with my retin-A and duac which I had already been using for over 6 months with fair response, and suddenly my frequent break outs were gone! I really feel this product balanced out my skin and works wonders as part of an acne regimen. I found the other formulation to filmy, this one washes away nicely.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by cnewby

I really like this product. However, because this cleanser is more gentle it doesn't seem to remove all the dirt and make-up. Before using cetaphil I always remove my make-up with a natural baby wipe (I love baby wipes, they work well, and they don't irritate my face). After washing my face I also use a good toner. Toner is a must. So with this combination I find cetaphil really effective. Over the past couple months I've tried to find another cleanser. Nothing that I have found works as well as cetaphil. I really would recommend this product for people with problem skin. Good luck!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2008 5:37:00 PM More reviews by smile521

The is a average product:
Cleansing power: 4 (sometime concealer will require a 2nd wash)
Drying: a bit
Smell: too strong for my liking, and not very pleasant

Overall, a okay product, but I probably will try something new when this run out. The smell is just too much, smell so fake and chemical like.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2008 3:53:00 PM More reviews by jlin0913

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've finally found the cleanser that actually works well on my skin. it's been a journey. for the most part it does clear up my acne, however it does nothing for my scars i stll have some pimples here and there but im glad that it did improve the acne on my face. i don't think it works very well removing making up. my skin feels so clean after i wash it with this product tho. i love this!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2008 1:31:00 PM More reviews by jldruck333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I always use cetaphil, and by accident I picked up this one instead of the normal gentle skin cleanser. This totally wrecked my skin. I would not reccomend it for anyone with gentle skin. Because I usually have dry skin and this made it more dry. And it kind of stings and does not leave my face feeling soft like the original formula.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 11:10:00 PM More reviews by nothingreally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was going to update, but I've completely flip-flopped on this product and I kind of want to start this review from scratch. It is better than 90% of all other cleansers I've tried and it doesn't irritate my skin, but does not clean/remove makeup at all, leaves a weird film on my face, and breaks me out. Even when I did precleanse and removed all the makeup from my face it still broke me out. It doesn't cause major breakouts on the cystic level, but enough small pimples and in places I normally don't breakout, and they always come up whenever I try and give this a second chance. If I didn't have a great gentle cleanser now that doesn't break me out I would have thought these were normal annoying breakouts. I have no idea why, but for that reason I had to toss it. I do love how it doesn't irritate or dry out my skin, but its not worth the breakouts.