November 28, 2014 | 1711 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Palmer's - Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2006 4:01:00 PM More reviews by k_doll

So cheap. Smells great. Works brilliantly. Why use anything else?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2006 10:16:00 AM More reviews by fenestra

Oh, OH!!! I was really unsure about purchasing cocoa butter because I have bad memories of the smell but this is WONDERFUL!!! Out of the bottle, I smelled vanilla but, as it warmed on my skin, it became lucious chocolate. Oh, my goodness, I couldn't stop using it and I normally can't stand artificially scented/flavored chocolate products. The smell lasts and lasts, too. I put some on my hands at night and I could still smell it in the morning (fortunately I was aware enough not to start nibbling on my fingers, which I probably would have in my half-awake state.) The moisturizing properties were so-so. Good for everyday, but I need something stronger for the patches of excema on my legs (I know, ick) and I don't think I would want to use something so heavily-scented on them anyway. But I am so pleased by this that I will definitely use it everywhere else. I am half tempted to heat this in a mug and add marshmallows. Yum!!!

*** Just a note: SMELL BEFORE YOU BUY!!! I bought a larger pump bottle of this and found that the smell was chemically and plasticy. Maybe it was just a bad batch or an inconsistancy with the pump bottles but it smelled so bad, I couldn't use it. I bought another squeeze bottle and it was just as wonderful as the first one. ???? ***

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2006 8:48:00 AM More reviews by ljanik01

The smell of this product is so good I am tmepted to eat it with a spoon! Seriously, the buttery chocolate scent is just divine. I sometimes feel as though my skin should taste sugary afterwards. Not only does it smell great but it's cheap and effective. Can't ask much more than that from a moisturizer. I recommended this to a pregnant friend because I heard it prevents stretch marks if used regularly- will post back when she has her baby to if it worked!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2006 9:32:00 PM More reviews by JLB2005

This is a nice, creamy lotion that absorbs well and is not greasy, but I prefer a more heavy-duty cream. The fragrance is nice and cocoa-y, but I don't particularly like it in the morning (it is fine before bed). I agree that the bottle is truly ugly, so I keep it hidden. I use it on my 8 yr old son when his skin gets dry, since I reach for something richer (e.g. a body butter or an oil). I'll not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2006 3:31:00 PM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the smell of this plus it does a great job of moisterizing too. Great for extreme dry skin. I have repurchased this twice and will probably pick some more up when I weed thru the many other lotions I already have.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2006 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Greendestiny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I greatly dislike this product!!! Granted this does keep your skin soft, but it's not worth the oiliness!!! When I used to use it,I would be left my body so oily that I couldn't put on any item of clothing for 15-30 minutes. Finally, I dumped this sucker for the Healing Garden's Mandarintheraphy Whipped Souffle Body Creme(nicely scented and doesn't leave my skin feeling oily!!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2006 8:30:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Has a yummy chocolate scent, but a little too strong for my tastes sometimes. But it moisturizes like a dream when my skin starts to get super dry and leaves it soft. The price is not too bad either. I have this in the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2006 8:19:00 PM More reviews by starryeyedsarahj

I first bought Palmers Cocoa Butter moisturizing lotion after I got a bad sunburn and it really decreased healing time and the amount of peeling. I fell in love with the smell and I use it just about every day now. It helps keep my tan in the summer and helps keep my skin soft and smooth in the winter. I love this product and will buy again and again! The only thing I don't like is the bottle without the pump because its so difficult to get the lotion out... will definitely get the pump bottle from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2006 1:15:00 AM More reviews by brokap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I always buy one of the big pump bottles. Its so moisturising all day, plus it smells so yummy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2006 11:27:00 PM More reviews by MerryBerriesNCherries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just started using this today and so far I like it! My mom buys little tubs of different creams, like this, aloe vera, and generic dry skin creams and mixes them into her own homemade cream. I'm so glad that she did! My eczema has flared up really bad due to the drought we're experiencing down here and this seems to be taking care of it! I will continue to buy and use this, alone or mixed with the other stuff.