October 23, 2014 | 1423 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Palmer's - Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2006 8:19:00 PM More reviews by starryeyedsarahj

I first bought Palmers Cocoa Butter moisturizing lotion after I got a bad sunburn and it really decreased healing time and the amount of peeling. I fell in love with the smell and I use it just about every day now. It helps keep my tan in the summer and helps keep my skin soft and smooth in the winter. I love this product and will buy again and again! The only thing I don't like is the bottle without the pump because its so difficult to get the lotion out... will definitely get the pump bottle from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2006 1:15:00 AM More reviews by brokap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I always buy one of the big pump bottles. Its so moisturising all day, plus it smells so yummy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2006 11:27:00 PM More reviews by MerryBerriesNCherries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just started using this today and so far I like it! My mom buys little tubs of different creams, like this, aloe vera, and generic dry skin creams and mixes them into her own homemade cream. I'm so glad that she did! My eczema has flared up really bad due to the drought we're experiencing down here and this seems to be taking care of it! I will continue to buy and use this, alone or mixed with the other stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2006 8:53:00 AM More reviews by aznsweete

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm using Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula With Vitamin E in a jar and I have to say, I have never been more please with my purchase. I had some stretch marks on my thighs and breast but now, after only using it for about 9 days, the stretch marks are almost gone. I check everyday & I couldnt believe my eyes. I love the scent and the fact that it works! I'll update my post as soon as my stretch marks are completely gone. edit: after using it for a little more then a month now, my stretch marks are still there. it didnt help it completely disappear but did fade it. i would suggest that the jar is better then the one in the bottle. 1) the jar is suppose to be more concentrated 2) in my opinion the jar smells and works better

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2006 1:27:00 PM More reviews by brooksbelle

This is the only body moisturizer that I use. Very emollient and soothing and smells really great. This product is a must-have!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2006 4:33:00 PM More reviews by bbayer

I am 46 yrso and it does not hydrate as well for skin that is aging. I pride myself in using only the best and this product smells super but skin still a bit dry after use.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2006 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Elaineu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really LOVE the scent! And it really moisturises; my skin gets really soft! The only negative thing is the packaging! You shouldn't buy the bottle without pump, cause you'll hurt your hands squeezing the last bit out of the bottle! It's a shame I only bought one bottle with pump in the US cause here in Holland we don't have that.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2006 11:48:00 PM More reviews by emlin

Mmmm, Mmmm yummy. I love this moisturizer! Why didn't I discover this sooner?! It smells so good and it makes my skin super soft. It absorbs very well and does not leave a greasy film afterwards. I had been using Bath and Body Works body creams for years because I like thick rich creamy lotions. But the Palmers is better and way inexpensive. I am now a Palmers Cocoa Butter convert.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2006 12:39:00 AM More reviews by beth51276

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This lotion is dirt cheap and comes in the ugliest packaging possible. Having said that, it smells absolutely gorgeous- I love sweet scents and the cocoa butter is the very best moisturizer you can get for your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2006 5:09:00 PM More reviews by songjun

I love the scent!!! Yummm.... :)
This lotion does moisturize well - I found that it worked great on my dry legs. Price isn't necessariy dirt cheap but I'm not going broke from purchasing this lotion either. I have one comment though - I read many reviews praising how this lotion helped to reduce the stretch marks... according to Paula Begoun's article, cocoa butter does not help to reduce or prevent stretch marks.
Here is her quote, "You may have heard that specific moisturizing ingredients such as cocoa butter, vitamin E, or other various plant oils can prevent or reduce the appearance of stretch marks. As soothing and moisturizing as these ingredients are, they have no impact on how stretch marks are formed. Stretch marks are not caused because skin is dry or needs a special supplement. Rather stretch marks develop far below the skinís surface due to extreme strain, stress, and trauma that eventually breaks down the skinís support structure. No moisturizer in the world can prevent that kind of injury and damage to the skin from taking place."

I don't mean to ruin anyone's hope but the truth needs to be told! This is a great moisturizer though! You should definitely give it a try if you have dry skin. You'll love it.