Palmer's Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula

4.3

Deionized Water, Cocoa Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Coconut Oil, Mineral Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocoa Butter, Palm Oil, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Fragrance, PEG 8 Stearate, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Yellow 5 CI 19140, Orange 4 CI 15510

This is a really moisturising product, the smell is great at first but I find that I get sick of it pretty easily if I'm not in the mood for chocolate. And yeah getting the last bits out of the bottle feels impossible - you can't even cut through it.

on 3/22/2006 2:18:00 PM

It smells great and made my skin glow, but after a few weeks, I broke out all over. :( I'm giving a 2 for the packaging because it is almost impossible to get the last remaining lotion out when you are almost finished with the bottle.

on 3/20/2006 11:19:00 AM

I have been using this for three years, and I absolutely love it. I have pretty sensitive skin, and it does not bother me at all. I get so many compliments on how bright and glowy my skin is in the summer . One day at a festival a friend of a friend was asking me what I used, and she had to have it.

on 3/11/2006 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've been using Palmer's Cocoa Butter (lotion) for about ten years. The scent is wonderful, its cheap, and it moisturizes well. I've tried other lotions, but I always come back to Palmers. The solid version in a jar is good for dry feet.

on 2/28/2006 9:42:00 PM

I usually buy this in winter to help with my dry skin. It does tend to make you smell like an old chocolate bar, but it works well and is a good price compared to others on the market. Best to buy in the pump pack as the regular squeeze bottle gives you problems trying to get the last 1/4 of it out.

on 2/26/2006 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is okay. There are better cocoa butter products out there. This one does smell good though.

on 2/20/2006 8:53:00 PM

I absolutely despise the smell..kinda. It smells like old peanut butter, and I dont like the scent it gives off. Its too strong, I just wish it didn't have a scent. Other than that, it left my skin feeling VERY silky and hydrated. Made my skin feel wonderful. Im taking off a lippie because of the terrible strong scent it gives off.

on 2/12/2006 12:36:00 PM

This is a wonderful product. I only gave it 3 lippies because I have tried many other cocoa butter products by other brands that smell so much better, but I cannot stand the stentch of Palmers. However, despite the gastly smell, the product itself works fabulous.

on 2/7/2006 4:01:00 PM

So cheap. Smells great. Works brilliantly. Why use anything else?

on 2/3/2006 10:16:00 AM

Oh, OH!!! I was really unsure about purchasing cocoa butter because I have bad memories of the smell but this is WONDERFUL!!! Out of the bottle, I smelled vanilla but, as it warmed on my skin, it became lucious chocolate. Oh, my goodness, I couldn't stop using it and I normally can't stand artificially scented/flavored chocolate products. The smell lasts and lasts, too. I put some on my hands at night and I could still smell it in the morning (fortunately I was aware enough not to start nibbling on my fingers, which I probably would have in my half-awake state.) The moisturizing properties were so-so. Good for everyday, but I need something stronger for the patches of excema on my legs (I know, ick) and I don't think I would want to use something so heavily-scented on them anyway. But I am so pleased by this that I will definitely use it everywhere else. I am half tempted to heat this in a mug and add marshmallows. Yum!!!

*** Just a note: SMELL BEFORE YOU BUY!!! I bought a larger pump bottle of this and found that the smell was chemically and plasticy. Maybe it was just a bad batch or an inconsistancy with the pump bottles but it smelled so bad, I couldn't use it. I bought another squeeze bottle and it was just as wonderful as the first one. ???? ***