February 28, 2015 | 1816 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Palmer's - Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2006 3:12:00 PM More reviews by sabong

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using Palmer's Cocoa Butter (lotion) for about ten years. The scent is wonderful, its cheap, and it moisturizes well. I've tried other lotions, but I always come back to Palmers. The solid version in a jar is good for dry feet.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2006 9:42:00 PM More reviews by acarthur

I usually buy this in winter to help with my dry skin. It does tend to make you smell like an old chocolate bar, but it works well and is a good price compared to others on the market. Best to buy in the pump pack as the regular squeeze bottle gives you problems trying to get the last 1/4 of it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2006 11:56:00 PM More reviews by SHANA14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is okay. There are better cocoa butter products out there. This one does smell good though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2006 8:53:00 PM More reviews by MakeupISart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely despise the smell..kinda. It smells like old peanut butter, and I dont like the scent it gives off. Its too strong, I just wish it didn't have a scent. Other than that, it left my skin feeling VERY silky and hydrated. Made my skin feel wonderful. Im taking off a lippie because of the terrible strong scent it gives off.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2006 12:36:00 PM More reviews by imthebunny

This is a wonderful product. I only gave it 3 lippies because I have tried many other cocoa butter products by other brands that smell so much better, but I cannot stand the stentch of Palmers. However, despite the gastly smell, the product itself works fabulous.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2006 4:01:00 PM More reviews by k_doll

So cheap. Smells great. Works brilliantly. Why use anything else?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2006 10:16:00 AM More reviews by fenestra

Oh, OH!!! I was really unsure about purchasing cocoa butter because I have bad memories of the smell but this is WONDERFUL!!! Out of the bottle, I smelled vanilla but, as it warmed on my skin, it became lucious chocolate. Oh, my goodness, I couldn't stop using it and I normally can't stand artificially scented/flavored chocolate products. The smell lasts and lasts, too. I put some on my hands at night and I could still smell it in the morning (fortunately I was aware enough not to start nibbling on my fingers, which I probably would have in my half-awake state.) The moisturizing properties were so-so. Good for everyday, but I need something stronger for the patches of excema on my legs (I know, ick) and I don't think I would want to use something so heavily-scented on them anyway. But I am so pleased by this that I will definitely use it everywhere else. I am half tempted to heat this in a mug and add marshmallows. Yum!!!

*** Just a note: SMELL BEFORE YOU BUY!!! I bought a larger pump bottle of this and found that the smell was chemically and plasticy. Maybe it was just a bad batch or an inconsistancy with the pump bottles but it smelled so bad, I couldn't use it. I bought another squeeze bottle and it was just as wonderful as the first one. ???? ***

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2006 8:48:00 AM More reviews by ljanik01

The smell of this product is so good I am tmepted to eat it with a spoon! Seriously, the buttery chocolate scent is just divine. I sometimes feel as though my skin should taste sugary afterwards. Not only does it smell great but it's cheap and effective. Can't ask much more than that from a moisturizer. I recommended this to a pregnant friend because I heard it prevents stretch marks if used regularly- will post back when she has her baby to if it worked!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2006 9:32:00 PM More reviews by JLB2005

This is a nice, creamy lotion that absorbs well and is not greasy, but I prefer a more heavy-duty cream. The fragrance is nice and cocoa-y, but I don't particularly like it in the morning (it is fine before bed). I agree that the bottle is truly ugly, so I keep it hidden. I use it on my 8 yr old son when his skin gets dry, since I reach for something richer (e.g. a body butter or an oil). I'll not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2006 3:31:00 PM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the smell of this plus it does a great job of moisterizing too. Great for extreme dry skin. I have repurchased this twice and will probably pick some more up when I weed thru the many other lotions I already have.