September 17, 2014 | 1971 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not the best bronzer out there. Not the worst either. I pretty much use this everyday. Well, it's my only bronzer so I kind of have no choice. Not muddy or dirty like some bronzers tend to be. Good for a little color where I need it. Doesn't turn orange on me. I'd like to try something else before I commit to buying this again. I do love the packaging. Benefit usually has the cutest packaging though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by golderappleoferis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I just bought the Legally Bronze set from Sephora and it included one of these and a high beam, gilded pencil and a brown bad gal mascara.
It was only $35 for all of that normally a $105 value for everything in it.
I have always wanted to buy Hoola and High Beam so I figured why not right buy the 2 wouldve been more then I was paying for all 4 full size in this set.
Now on to the actual review LOL! I love Hoola! I am not sure how I lived without it before LOL! I am super fair NW15 fair so that means I have pink undertones. I use this to contour. I am not big on bronzing my whole face but I am sure I will onve I begin to get some more sun all over. When I use this to contour it doesnt look muddy or dirty. It really looks natural. My boyfriend even says that he liked it. It is the PERFECT brown for us fair ladies out there. I am not sure that it would work on dark skinned women cause it could be ashy.
So pretty much I love this stuff and never want to run out BUT if I could buy more of the sets I would and I will when they come back into stock cause its that good that I want a back up. The reason why I am saying that is cause I am unsure that I would want to spend the near 30 bucks for this alone!! It just seems silly to me when I got the set for 35 so now I am spoiled by the great deal BUT LOVE LOVE LOVE this bronzer!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2010 12:34:00 AM More reviews by kyang

Ahhh I would look sick and dull without this everyday! I tan very easily during the summer however it also disappears quickly too! So esp. during fall and winter I always have to wear bronzer. One of my friends who works at Sephora helped me pick this out since I told her I was looking for an everyday matte bronzer. This color is a true light brown and does NOT look orange at all! I use this with my big kabuki brush all over my face to give me some color. It's also the perfect color for my medium beige skintone for contouring. I use this on the sides on my nose and along my jawline.

The ONLY complaint I have about this is the packaging. I know it's part of Benefits boxed powders but I really wish that it were in a compact instead. It'd make it so much easier to put in my makeup bag when I'm on the go

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Amieem

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great bronzer!
A great color, it is very bronze and not orange at all! (Unlike MACS bronzer...)
It stays all day and it great for a sun kissed look, or for contouring!

Also this small box lasts forever! I bought this about a year ago, and i still have tons left! and i Use it everyday to contour!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2010 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Sianyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My collection 2000 bronzer is better then this, and it was something like 2.
It's a horrible dirty matte brown colour, with no shimmer. Not even slightly.
I like something with a slight sparkle even if it's a tiny amount becuase it illuminates the face and makes you look healthy.
I even used the smallest amount with my kabuki brush becuase i'm pale but the colour just drags my face down. It would be good for someone who likes dark matte bronzers, but not for me. I much prefer benefits other powders.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by micmiller

I have been using MAC's Refined Golden for ages as my go to bronzer but when a friend recommended Benefit's Hoola I was intrigued by all its hype. It has more than lived up to its reputation!! I am now using this as my daily bronzer and have retired MAC's Refined Golden for now. It goes on so smoothly and last all day. It doesn't make you like fake or orange like a lot of other bronzers do. I am finding myself switching over to Benefit's line of bronzers and blushes more and more everyday!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2010 3:06:00 AM More reviews by tayntroy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great matte bronzer, it doesnt leave that orange bronze colour like most do. Does not have any shimmer which is great for contouring.

Best used with a bronzer brush, not the brush thats included as its a bit rough on the skin.

Packaging isnt great, as its a box and not very compact but is pretty,.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by PaulaBenoit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think I actually like this better than my NARS Laguna bronzer. Let me start by saying I have NC37 skin and the trick to this is less is more. And to make sure you blend this in well. That way you avoid looking "dirty". I think if you have dry patches on your face this will add to the problem of it looking like your face is dirty so make sure you exfoliate. I like the fact that this is a matte brown shade, no shimmer or sparkles at all. Plus I found the texture of the powder was quite silky.

I use this to contour my cheekbones and a little by the temples/forehead area. Using my angled brush, I lightly tap the brush into the product, tap off any excess and then start applying it to the hollows of my cheeks using small circular motions. Then I take a bigger fluffy brush and buff it into my skin and blend it so there are no harsh edges. The result is instant cheekbones. Add a little blush to the apples of your cheeks and some High Beam to your cheekbones and you are good to go.

My only gripe is the packaging. I prefer my bronzer/powders to be in a compact, not a cardboard box. But since I like the product plus the fact that I got this when I purchased the Legally Bronze kit that Sephora is currently carrying I can overlook this.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by JasonCC

I really love this stuff. Its exactly what it says it is - a matte bronzer. To those who are complaining about it looking too muddy on their face - just use less! too much will make it look unnatural as with any bronzer. I bought mine for almost $30, which is kind of expensive but it lasts forever!
I've been using the box im on now almost everyday for the past year or so and i still have tons left! I like the packaging. I think the box that it comes in is really cute (along with the useless little brush) but it could easily come open and get all over the place.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by SoMuchSweeter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hoola is probably one of my favorite matte bronzers that I have. I love the way it goes onto my skin and the color output is amazing. It gives me a nice tan look and I love using it for contour. It is quite expensive but I use it just about everyday and it lasts forever.