December 22, 2014 | 1672 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by ellenmarie1959

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First highlighter I ever purchased, and I liked it fine until I got a chance to sample other brands. I now find that it dries fast and is hard to blend, so I get a bit of a line of demarcation. Not what I was going for in a highlight. Much happier with swivel-stick products such as NARS Copacabana and Chantecaille Aquablush Radiance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 4:48:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I brought this a few days ago and I now know it will be in my everyday makeup routine. I use this along with Posietint and it makes my complexion look...just so radiant!
I dab this along my cheekbones and temple and get the most radiant sheen.

Pros:
* lovely texture
* light pink base colour somehow perks up my skin
* does not contain glitter, it's a sheen that gives you the perfect glow
*lasts all day

Cons:
* way too expensive for what it is
* I don't like the nail polish type applicator. But it'll have to do.
* the concept of a highlighter is very dupeable, but I've found of all the ones I've tried, only this one lasts a full working day with NO touch up

Its going to take me a long time to finish this, but I'd buy again. Definately recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by restes11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like the shimmer this product gives, but I find the packaging and the formulation are a bit hard to work with. It is a creamy liquid so you have to be sure to blend it well so there isn't a stripe of highlight effect. The "nail polish" applicator isn't hugely helpful, but as long as you have a good synthetic brush to blend with, it is a lovely product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by surfergirl_81

This did not work for me at all. Didn't blend in with my skintone well and it looked obvious and tacky. I am sure based on reviews that this works on some people, I am just not one of them. Won't repurchase, but I might try Moonbeam.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I mainly use this in the summer. Gives me a nice healthy glow without all of the shimmer. Looks great with a tan. I said no to repurchasing since its such a huge bottle! Will last me forever and a day lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 3:33:00 AM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

I use this as a highlighter on my brow and cheek bones. Adore this stuff...I have for years. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 2:56:00 AM More reviews by flonkerton

My favorite highlighter. The first thing that drew me to BeneFit. Beautifully natural glow, sheer pinky color. and NOT shimmery, like most highlighting powders. I got it in the Legally Bronze set, which is such an excellent value. Comes with Hoola, High Beam, Gilded, and Bad Gal Brown for $35!

Might not be so great on oily skins, but do oily skinned people highlight anyway? I dunno.

Only thing I don't like about this highlighter is the applicator brush. It's packaged like a nail polish bottle, which is cute. But I don't think it's sanitary to dab it onto your face and dip it back into the bottle, especially when it's a liquid. The brush also carries too much product. I just dab some onto a Q-tip and dab it onto my cheekbones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 10:40:00 PM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

WOW....! I can't believe I didn't know about this product earlier. I use 2 parallel short strokes on my cheekbones, dab using my ring finger, BLEND then I have really nice definition and I look soooo more radiant! My dull skin turns in to a natural glow. I am in LOVE with this product.

It doesn't turn out oily AT ALL and it never caused any breakouts for me and I have really sensitive skin!!!

I LOVE this product and will be using this almost everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 7:07:00 PM More reviews by kandy666

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this - use it as a highlighter on my cheek bones and brow bones. Just gives a healthy, radiant glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by DanaCerise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This highlighter is a good choice for neutral and cool skin tones. The texture is great on the skin as opposed to a powder. It makes the skin look dewy and fresh. You can apply more if you want a more theatrical look. A little goes a long way. The only problem with this is that if you carry this in your makeup bag (instead of leaving it upright on your makeup counter), the product will get gunked up around the neck of the bottle and around the inside of the cap. As long as you have the cap tight, the product isn't going to leak out. But when you unscrew it, you'll see all the gunk and it looks a bit gross. Still, it's a great product and all ages could use this.